PDA

View Full Version : Breaking The Record

chinaman
March 4, 2004, 07:53 AM
We had constant presence of over 80 visitors from Bangladesh to singapore to Saudi Arabia, to China to Europe to North America for the better half of the second innings in the BD vs Aus final.

The thread "Bangladesh U19 Vs Australia U19" instanly became the most viewed (over 10,000) and the most replied to (over 600) thread ever in the history of Banglacricket.com.

BBC's comment on the event: (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3532675.stm)

It was arguably the greatest day in Bangladesh cricket history since the national team's shock win over Pakistan at the 1999 World Cup in England.

I don't know about the CPU usage, Rajputro, you better check your mail. :lol:

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 4, 2004, 07:57 AM
dannabad, chinaman bhai,
nishhondehe aita kintu akta gourober din. ebong amar mone hoi kothata kintu asholeo shotto je shai 1999 cricket a arpor aita kintu amader shobcheye boro shafollo.

sage
March 4, 2004, 08:02 AM
good news!! We win,
and bad news! Bandwidth overflow can cost some money. I know a place where you can rent dedicated server. If U guys want I can get some more info.

chinaman
March 4, 2004, 08:05 AM
Why not, give us the info or the link, sage.

Tintin
March 4, 2004, 08:49 AM
According to the member list, this board was founded on June 20, 2002 with Tehsinbhai as the first member, with Fahmida, Arnab, Rajputro and Crifan (who/where is he ?) as the other members. In 22 months of existence, we have never had anything comparable to explosion in the increase in the number of members as we had in the last six weeks or so. This is truly remarkable. The number of new members have been like this :

March 1-4 : 19

Feb 20-29 : 30

Feb 10-19 : 46

Feb 1-9 : 18

Jan 16-31 : 15

Jan 1-15 : 10

Dec : 8

Nov : 13

Oct : 21

Sep : 38

Aug : 26

July : 14

June : 10

May : 5

Pre May03 : 118

Nasif
March 4, 2004, 09:22 AM
Its just the beginning. The dormant fans who come here once in a while will completely "overcrowd" here when our national team wins something. And trust me that day isn't that far off.

Hopefully we will get 450/500 members before the Zim series is over :)

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by nasif]

pagol-chagol
March 4, 2004, 03:12 PM
BanglaCricket wrote that he/she went through the whole 28 pages of the AUS-BD game posts and really enjoyed it. I hadn't read it as I thought it would take too long. After reading his post I gave it a shot. And let me tell you one word: WOW! It was amazing. The emotion the journey the drama. You could practically see fans crying and jubiliating through the posts. I wish I was there live.

The entire content in that thread should be abridged and immortalised in a file on this website. When BDCricket will be much bigger than what it is now we can all look back at this one as the big bang. Thanks everybody.:love:

Nijhum
March 4, 2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
BanglaCricket wrote that he/she went through the whole 28 pages of the AUS-BD game posts and really enjoyed it.

I did too!

Piranha
March 4, 2004, 03:56 PM
Its amazing that banglacricket did not crash or anything. 600+ posts is unbeleivable!

Ehsan
March 4, 2004, 04:01 PM
Well, our current U19 team looked pretty strong right from the begining but it was just our bad luck that we couldn't use the talent we had. I would rank BD U19 the third most strongest team in this tournament, in my ranking we come right after India and Pakistan. England and WI were may be at par or somewhat below us. It was just a game against NZ that brought us to plate championship...*sigh*

It was a little disappinted for me that we couldn't reach the semi-final or final of the cup. But I'm pretty happy now that we beat Aus in the Plate Final, I wish the match was renamed to Cup Final ;). Anyways coungratulations to Mr.McInnes and the tigers.

A question for Mr.McInnes:
If you were to rank the strongest teams in this tournament where would we lie?

Chinaman Bhai / Zunaid Bhai, how about taking all the questions for Mr.McInnes to a single thread 'Questions for Mr.McInnes'? I know it would be a pretty much a work for you guys, the other option we have is just create a new thread and put all our questions in there by ourself.

Thanks.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by ehsan]

Rubu
March 4, 2004, 04:15 PM
for the longest time i didn't know banglacricket.com exist. i found a comment about something about bangladesherkhela.com in protom alo's sport page. then i regularly started to visit bangladesherkhela.com, but even with that i didn't know about banglacricket.com for about 6 months until i see that small ad in that website. after that, i spend most of my online time here. not having any add is a big reason why we didn't know about it. but its understandable because ad costs money. so, because people know about this site through other people, no wonder than the member number will increase geometrically.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by AgentSmith]

Mahmood
March 4, 2004, 04:47 PM
Let us hope we dont grow too much before we can efford to buy a server.

I am crossing my fingers hoping we survie this Zimbabwe series.

SS
March 4, 2004, 04:57 PM
I guess I should leave this forum to make you guys afford the sizability of the server. Sorry folks if i am rude, I wish BD team all the best. Let me know if I should leave, to make room.

Zobair
March 4, 2004, 04:58 PM
raana bhai!...what a sweet headache?!?!?!:saint:I remember a time when we used to hope for more new members....and now! we are afraid too many new members, too many posts too soon will spell disaster.

Mahmood
March 4, 2004, 05:30 PM
We still want many more to join us. We are just worried about the server. Quite an Ironic situation.

Mahmood
March 4, 2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by SS
I guess I should leave this forum to make you guys afford the sizability of the server. Sorry folks if i am rude, I wish BD team all the best. Let me know if I should leave, to make room.

Out of the question. If it goes down, let us all go down with it together.

Tehsin
March 4, 2004, 06:01 PM
Tintin, thanks for the info.

Just wanted to add that the site has been around since 1997 and has gone through 3 url's(address). It used to be in a local server ( I think Dr. Z visited that site at http://www.iocc.com/~salient/cricket) and then I joined the rivals group out of UK and stayed with 'em for couple of years where the message board came into being. That url was teststatus.com and you may still see that link in some bd pages.

I changed the site name in 2002 around march/april and it has been banglacricket.com since then. It's no longer a one man show, Raj bhai lent his hand in designs mid last year and gave the site a much needed face lift and I am lucky to have someone like him alongside me.

As for the board - we have several folks who help us moderate and keep the board alive. I would specially like to thank Chinaman bhai for his amazing work with the board. Sham (3+ years with us now?) has been a constant presense over the years and we are proud to have Dr Z taking the plunge. BD cricket sure can be proud to have such fans.

Also like to thank Fwullah (our FIRST member), Nascer and Pompous for ther work in moderating the board.

Nasif
March 4, 2004, 06:06 PM
Invisible! Invisible! ......:(

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by nasif]

Tehsin
March 4, 2004, 06:15 PM
We are talking about the message board. We are certainly not invisible. Let's take a look at the following page:

About Banglacricket.com (http://banglacricket.com/about.html)

Dude, the fantasy cricket does not run by itself. Gone are the days when I used to keep track of those in an excel file (how lame). Thanks to you and raj bhai, it's unbelievable.

Nasif
March 4, 2004, 06:43 PM
Tehsin bhai I was kidding. Its ok. :)

:karate:

Really excel file? lol :)

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 4, 2004, 07:26 PM
jaihok,
ajke je ami esheche ar mul karon kintu kanababa bhai ebong banglaamar bhai. karon tarai kintu amake aithakana den. tara na dile kintu amar ajo ekhane asha shombhob hoto na bole ami mone kori. tader duijoner proti roilo amar sroddha ebong kritoggota. dannabad.

sage
March 5, 2004, 08:58 AM
tehsin bhai, this website is great! I always wanted to talk about BD cricket. This is the place to do it. I have never seen so many BD fan in the same place to share views. Thanks for giving us this website. Thanx to all the moderator and staff too.:cool:

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by sage]

betterdaz
March 5, 2004, 10:18 AM
sorry i missed it (the thread, that is), i "saw" the game and BD did a fine job.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Piranha
March 5, 2004, 06:39 PM
It is ironic indeed. I was one of the members of teststatus.com and I have fond memeries of that site:)

How strange that rivals.net cut us off because our board wasn't <strong>busy enough</strong>, and then the new server cut us off after <strong>too much usage!</strong>

Tehsin Bhai, thanks for your vision and leadership BanglaCricket has come so far. You were of course superbly supported by the moderators.

Long Live BanglaCricket:fanflag:

Zobair
March 5, 2004, 09:34 PM
I remember...the teststatus days!!! I caught the fag end I think...the last 3-4 months???!!! (my memory fails me)..but I am not much of a poster (that explains my 800 odd posts considering I have been on this board "active" from pretty much the beginning)...however, there hasn't been one day when I didn't log in to read the posts even though I may not have posted!!! anyways....it has been an excellent, eventful, and rich journey so far...and I look forward to long long innings from banglacricket :)

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by pompous]

say
March 5, 2004, 09:56 PM
you guys are doing a great job. thanks for all your efforts.

Shubho
March 5, 2004, 09:56 PM
...whatever happened to almer? i still remember Sham used to post as Mash. by the way, wasn't teststatus.com the forum where somebody came up with the name Morx for Naimur Rahman?

ah, the nostalgia. too bad i never posted regularly there. i guess there wasn't much to post about in the early days. things have changed dramatically.

sage
March 6, 2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by betterdaz
sorry i missed it (the thread, that is), i "saw" the game and BD did a fine job.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanx betterdaz. Zim beat ausie too. Hope our young players can push us up.

fab
March 6, 2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
We still want many more to join us. We are just worried about the server. Quite an Ironic situation.
This may sound preposterous to some, but have you guys considered using the MSN message boards instead? You'll loose some features that you currently enjoy, but it is free (as far as i know), and can have many members on at the same time etc.

Tigers_eye
September 30, 2005, 08:52 AM
Great thread for the history of Banglacricket. Thanks ATHR. It was a good read.

I wish our teams success grows half the pace of banglacricket has grown.

Originally posted by Tehsin
like to thank Fwullah (our FIRST member),

So, fwullah was the first member and Tehsin bhai had the 1st post. To complete the history all we need is the total member count, and who holds the highest post number up to date.

To the Mods, sponsers and owners: thank you for your hard work, dedication.

Tintin
September 30, 2005, 09:29 AM
>> To complete the history all we need is the total member count, and who holds the highest post number up to date.

It is at the top of the page, in the Member list.

AsifTheManRahman
September 30, 2005, 09:39 AM
the guy who started this thread holds the title for the most number of posts.

Tintin
September 30, 2005, 09:52 AM
and the guy whose post appears above this holds the record for the 'ordinary member' with most number of posts :)

AsifTheManRahman
September 30, 2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Tintin
and the guy whose post appears above this holds the record for the 'ordinary member' with most number of posts :)

:)

actually, there's an even better thread on the history of banglacricket where we discussed how it all started in more detail. wonder where that went. couldn't find it myself. that particular discussion actually went back to the times when banglacricket didn't even exist, and it talked about how guys like tehsin and rajputro kicked it off.

"Introduce yourself" might be a good thread to look at, especially the first few pages, if history is what you want to know about. :)

fwullah
September 30, 2005, 12:55 PM
Oh teststatus, banglacricket - what would I have done if you were not there! (and here :) )

Especially at times like these - Bangladesh playing worst when we expect them to play much better than they did!

Mahmood
September 30, 2005, 04:15 PM
Read this one...

<a href="http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=7349#pid90341">story of making Banglacricket.com</a>