PDA

View Full Version : Did Kapali come back in place of Sujon?

fwullah
March 5, 2004, 10:24 AM
Today's BBC reports that Sujon has replaced Kapali. Is that true?

fwullah
March 5, 2004, 10:26 AM
Cricinfo said the same thing. They're only adding that Kapali damaged his forearm during the 1 day rain hit practice match.

Cricinfo (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/MAR/086321_ZIMBDESH2003-04_05MAR2004.html)

rafiq
March 5, 2004, 10:45 AM
But didn't we read that Sumon hurt his arm? Is this a captancy coup?

Looks like rain will get in the way again. We need to stop going to Zimbabwe at this time of the year - doesn't serve any purpose if you can't play.

fwullah
March 5, 2004, 10:54 AM
But didn't we read that Sumon hurt his arm?

Yeah, that's what we've been reading on the Bangladeshi print media. Nobody said Alok Kapali getting injured.

And even though BBC and Cricinfo could have mistaken Kapali for Bashar, the print media of Bangladesh has said that Bashar will be fit for play on the 1st ODI. Even Bangaldesher Khela says the same thing.

So what the hell is going on?

I guess we'll not know for sure until a match starts, and with all the rain around, I am not sure if the first 2 ODIs in Bulawayo are gonna happen or not.

Beamer
March 5, 2004, 10:59 AM
This is very confusing. I bet BBC, cricinfo and other western outlets, the so called beacon of journalism, are blowing smokes. They have no clue. I bet they didn't even bother to varify before publishing. We just have to wait and see till the game starts, if it does, barring rain falling once again in Bulawayo. We need stop going there this time of the year. This whole series blew.

rafiq
March 5, 2004, 11:01 AM
Why don't we just say "the hell with the rain" and get out of there before losing another 5 matches??:)

fwullah
March 5, 2004, 11:22 AM
I am not convinced that the Bangladeshi print media are any different. Tomorrow is a fresh new day, and may be all we can see in tomorrow's papers is that may be Alok Kapali did get injured which wasn't thought to be a bad one initially, but it turned worse, so he's probably out of the match. :ninja:

That's a cool ninja outfit, what does this ninja mask supposed to represent, anyway?

Ahmed_B
March 5, 2004, 01:47 PM
probably Alok was removed only to make room for Sujon.
the media somehow got mixed up and wrote tht alok is hurt..

Beamer
March 5, 2004, 03:27 PM
According to prothom-alo, this is the team for tomorrow :
1.Alok
2.Shahriar ( 90% healthy, first choice )/ Hannan ( otherwise).
3.Bashar
4.Rajin
5.Ashraful
6.Mushfiq
7.Mahmud ( yes...him )
8.Pilot
9.Rana
10.Rafiq
11.Tapash.

pagol-chagol
March 5, 2004, 03:35 PM
thats a heck of a batting line-up.

SS
March 5, 2004, 03:37 PM
i know still noone gona be able to score even 30+...we got all batsmen but can't score even 30.

kapali will score like sujon after getting the pair of gloves from him...hahaha

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by SS]

Beamer
March 5, 2004, 03:43 PM
The batting line-up seems strong on paper. The bowling, the seam dept however ,doesn't look that good. I guess Mahmud or Mushfiq has to open the bowling along with tapash. Neither of them are any good at that. I will bring in Mushfiq later for change in that case, where he excels. Hopefully, bashar won't make the mistake of keeping late overs for mahmud in the penultimate overs for the sake of experience

SS
March 5, 2004, 04:02 PM
bowling with Musfiq and Sujon in openning spell will gave Zimbos to score 100 runs in 5 overs!! this is riduculous to play two same type of players...either one of them we don't need at all.
neways there wont' be a play so why all these selections!!

James90
March 5, 2004, 05:08 PM
WTF!!!! DO THEY SELECTORS WANT US TO LOSE??? 1 PACER!!!! They're crazy. Is it bad because it's in caps??? I'm not having a go at anyone....just selectors

Piranha
March 5, 2004, 06:23 PM
Sujon is turning out to be more of a pain in our collectives a$$es than I had realized. Realy, he makes us weaker in batting and a bowler short.

I dont want to hope that he does badly (i wish he'd do well) but I seriously want him to dissapear.

On the other hand, If he can produce some good cricket I'll switch to becomg his fan.

Hasib
March 5, 2004, 10:47 PM
Kapali is outta form, which is why Sujon is in. But Sujon is also out of form, so...

Rubu
March 5, 2004, 11:03 PM
It is cruel for sujon to coax him so much to come back from retire and then not having him in the team. so, i really want him in the team! as 12th man of course. his performance doesn't deserve to go any ahead than that. i'd rather open with an offspiner (rafiq) than opening with sujon. his batting. i'd look at it as we've 10 players in team. i like him, but having him in team right now is a complete waste.
here is what i guess the score will be with our batting line up:
Alok 5-20
Shahriar 0-60
Bashar 0-3
Rajin 30-65
Ash 10-80
Mushfiq 1-15
Mahmum 0-0
Pilot 20-35
Rana 35-55
Rafiq 6-21
Taposh 2-5

Ahmed_B
March 6, 2004, 12:15 PM
cool one!! ;)
wel we can so easily calculate wht our total's gonna b frm tht advance scrocard! ;)