PDA

View Full Version : NBA Season Thread 2011-2012

FagunerAgun
December 30, 2011, 10:30 PM
Raptors keep losing. Hope they will bounce back soon.

Atlantic Division is not good now. Atlanta and Indiana are still unbeaten.

nycpro96
December 31, 2011, 05:25 PM
After the thrilling Opening Day win by the Knicks, they've seem to have lost all composure and confidence. Let's see how they bounce back tonight against the Kings.

FagunerAgun
January 3, 2012, 11:49 AM
What a nail-biting game it was last night that Raptorts beat NY Knicks.

Tigers_eye
January 31, 2012, 10:08 AM
East:
Can Miami get the top seed from Chicago? Looks like Chicago is very strong without Deng. Once he comes back, would be very difficult for anyone to stop them. Philly is the surprize team but their road record is a concern for playoffs. Hawks again can't win their division. That will not bode well with the fans. Indiana playing at high level. Truncated season can only help them.

West:
Dallas slowly catching up to the other elites after a very slow start. Good sign. Ok City is the team to beat. To my delight Lakers are behind Clippers. Hahaha!! No more Clipper jokes. Denver is a dangerous team. They have veteran leadership. Watch out for them in the playoffs.

FagunerAgun
February 7, 2012, 10:21 PM
All-stars game is coming..can't wait to see.

Tigers_eye
February 9, 2012, 11:55 AM
With billup injured scratch Denver off. Add San Antonio.

cricman
February 9, 2012, 06:33 PM
Score one for the Nerds

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QeaHLZh2k1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LiwSUxszuN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FagunerAgun
February 10, 2012, 10:40 PM
koby Bryant passed big Shaq.

Dilscoop
February 11, 2012, 12:10 AM
Linsational! What a story!

This year will be the year for the overlooked heroes. First Victor Cruz, and then this dude. This is HUGE for the Asian-Americans, and the stereotypes.

FagunerAgun
February 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
Raptors burried Celtics..after so many days, there came a win.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 01:43 AM
Linsanity! Dilscoop, I agree, it's a huge break through for the Asian American community. I suppose it is a little like what Shakib did for us abroad. You should make a wallpaper for him :D

Navo
February 11, 2012, 01:48 AM
Some really nice jump-shots and drives in there.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xou8l5GRaNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

F6_Turbo
February 11, 2012, 01:49 AM
Meh....the Asian American stereotype died for me the day, Dat Nguyen padded up for the Cowboys.

Dilscoop
February 11, 2012, 02:59 AM
Nice call Navo. I should do that :D

Linsade is still trending on twitter and every where. Game ended like hours ago. He has been talk of the month.

Navo
February 11, 2012, 04:26 AM
Meh....the Asian American stereotype died for me the day, Dat Nguyen padded up for the Cowboys.

Ah, just wikied him. I don't follow NFL so wasn't aware of that. Still, basketball is one of the most followed sports in China and Taiwan, so this would have special significance for them.

zman
February 11, 2012, 05:02 PM
If you ask me, I'm a believer in Lin. Not only is he insanely good, he's full of heart and the consummate team player. He's just made the Knickerbockers relevant again and will turn them into a legit contender. Knicks already possessed arguably the best front court in the league with Tyson at center, Amare at power and Carmelo at small forward. What they didn't have was chemistry and a true playmaker. With Linsanity at point and providing the glue and spark they lacked, as long as Carmelo is willing to play second fiddle to Lin, watch out South Florida, watch out all Larry O'Brien trophy contenders!

Rifat
February 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
If you ask me, I'm a believer in Lin. Not only is he insanely good, he's full of heart and the consummate team player. He's just made the Knickerbockers relevant again and will turn them into a legit contender. Knicks already possessed arguably the best front court in the league with Tyson at center, Amare at power and Carmelo at small forward. What they didn't have was chemistry and a true playmaker. With Linsanity at point and providing the glue and spark they lacked, as long as Carmelo is willing to play second fiddle to Lin, watch out South Florida, watch out all Larry O'Brien trophy contenders!

Knicks vs. Lakers last night, one of the BEST REGULAR SEASON game i have ever watched...Regular season games are usually same old boring stuff, but last night Lin and Kobe really turned it on and it was really fun to watch intelligent players not just doing the same boring old moves.

Long Live Ping Pong Playa(if anybody saw that movie they will get the joke :-p)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6b/Ping_pong_playa.jpg/220px-Ping_pong_playa.jpg for those who didn't get the joke, this kid in that movie wanted to become an NBA player but then he became a ping pong playa instead...

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin! Knicks are slowly getting their act together, but they still have a long way to go...

Navo
February 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
Jeremy Lin did it again!!! "Lin hit a free throw with 4.9 seconds left to overcome a dreadful second half and lift the New York Knicks to their fifth straight victory, 100-98, over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday night.

Steve Novak scored 15 points, including the game-tying 3-pointer with 36 seconds to play and Lin used his quickness to draw a foul and get to the line in the closing seconds. He finished with 20 points, eight assists and six rebounds."

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_19946527

Rifat
February 12, 2012, 05:22 PM
I am officially a knicks fan

Dilscoop
February 12, 2012, 08:32 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/57sxxnizn/512877365.png

My friend's idea, my recreation. I've another "LINSANE" coming up.

Navo
February 12, 2012, 09:10 PM
^^ Excellent! Can I borrow it?

Dilscoop
February 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
Borrow it? For what? You can use it idc.

Rifat
February 13, 2012, 09:48 PM
Nice one (Dilu miah) Dilscoop :)

FagunerAgun
February 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Nice one..

Dilscoop
February 14, 2012, 01:23 AM
More on "Today's" thread :D

Electrequiem
February 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
The HEAT. That's all.

Navo
February 14, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hollywood would struggle to make this up. I thought Shakib's single handed performance against NZ in 2010 was impressive but this is just mind boggling

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rR3NhE8fBs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

F6_Turbo
February 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
http://i.minus.com/iSweIaDaG3OfS.gif

mufi_02
February 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
Linsanity continues

Dilscoop
February 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
happy vaLINtine's day! I can't believe I missed this game!

FagunerAgun
February 15, 2012, 03:17 PM
http://images.ctvdigital.com/images/pub2upload/9/2012_2_14/lin55_021412.jpg/80/60/image.ashx

Jeremy Lin - the ultimate thriller in NBA. He sucked the sinking Raptors.

nycpro96
February 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
LET'S GO NY!
I've been a Knicks fan ever since I could understand what I was watching on TV, through all the rough years and everything. I watch and play a ridiculous amount of basketball and the Lin Era is just something unheard of. This is just fantastic. I just wanna see what's gonna happen when Melo's back in the lineup.

Dilscoop
February 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Kings are in Jeremy Lin TOWN! I'd love to see kings beat em, would be GREAT for the kings! But I highly doubt that would happen.

Rifat
February 16, 2012, 12:28 AM
playing back to backs games in NBA is always tough, kudos to Knicks for winning 7 games in a row.

Games I am personally looking forward to:

on the 23rd of February, Heat plays the Knicks...
I wonder how would the likes of Lin would fare against Rondo when they play Celtics.
Mavericks, Spurs, Oklahoma city, The whole NBA is ready to take on Jeremy.

What i like about Lin is that He is a total team player, he is not really a flashy athletic player, but he is very smart, with a high Basketball IQ, which is why he gets a lot of assists. He knows how to get everyone involved in the team, that's why there are 6/7 players with more than 10+ points in tonight's win against Sacramento. When you get your teammates involved like that, i tell you what, you become a tough team to beat! Based on the interviews so far, He is very respectful and humble. He can drain that shot in clutch situations too, so far promising signs for the Knicks. Let's see how the knicks do when Carmello Anthony comes back.

Bancan
February 16, 2012, 01:29 AM
Lin has been fantastic. Absolutely amazing to watch. He needs to stop turning over the ball so much though.

F6_Turbo
February 16, 2012, 01:43 AM
Can we not go down the route of high basketball IQ - I'm glad he is doing well, and yes he spreads the ball well, but he is also averaging 6 turnovers a game, surely that counters the high basketball IQ argument.

Racked up another 8 last time out to go with his 13 assists.

Rifat
February 16, 2012, 02:12 AM
Can we not go down the route of high basketball IQ - I'm glad he is doing well, and yes he spreads the ball well, but he is also averaging 6 turnovers a game, surely that counters the high basketball IQ argument.

Racked up another 8 last time out to go with his 13 assists.

High Basketball IQ refers to knowing where your teammates are, good shots selection, drawing double teams, getting everyone in your team involved. I will agree though that he is not a good ball-handler. This indicates lack of ball protecting skills rather than being Smart, something he has work on...remember he is not really that tall or well built like his other NBA comrades

F6_Turbo
February 16, 2012, 02:20 AM
I just find it to be such a tired cliche....

Point out any decent PG in the NBA, and they all do those things, no need to point out Lin too possesses this basic requirement of a PG in the NBA. To his credit, he does run the pick and roll to near perfection, and is pretty good at seeing passing lanes, along with the ability to get decent penetration on his drives.

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2012, 01:08 PM
I am amazed with Lin's play. The TO will go down after few seasons. Off season workout should help tremendously. He has the potential to be bigger than Yao Ming. As for fragile figure, that would improve in few seasons after few conditioning camps. Reggie Miller wasn't LeBron James type. Yet he was a super star in NBA for many years. He could never beat his sister (Cheryl Miller) though in HORSE.

FagunerAgun
February 16, 2012, 02:39 PM
LeBron James says he wouldn't rule out playing again for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Back in the city where he began his NBA career, Miami's All-Star forward said Thursday he could see himself playing in Cleveland, and if he decided to return he hopes "the fans would accept me."

He likes to be a CC again, his passion for the city doesn't go away. A true CC by heart.

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2012, 04:31 PM
LeBron James says he wouldn't rule out playing again for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Back in the city where he began his NBA career, Miami's All-Star forward said Thursday he could see himself playing in Cleveland, and if he decided to return he hopes "the fans would accept me."

He likes to be a CC again, his passion for the city doesn't go away. A true CC by heart.
This is second guessing himself. And what drama he created on primetime TV with his "decision" episode. I thought he wanted 10 rings for Miami? Not 1, not 2, and he went on and on ...

I like the guy and his game. This non-sense talk bothers me. Too soft.

zman
February 16, 2012, 10:51 PM
LET'S GO NY!
I've been a Knicks fan ever since I could understand what I was watching on TV, through all the rough years and everything. I watch and play a ridiculous amount of basketball and the Lin Era is just something unheard of. This is just fantastic. I just wanna see what's gonna happen when Melo's back in the lineup.

What most people don't realize is the other rookie, Iman Shumpert, is also playing at a very high level, both at the defensive and offensive ends. Another great thing about the Knicks, they're big. Even Shumpert at 6'5" and Lin at 6'3" are pretty tall for their respective positions. There are talks of bringing J.R. Smith into the fold. He's a great shooter and a gritty defender. If Melo and Lin can find a way to share the ball peacefully, I think the Knicks have got what it takes to give the Heat a run for their money.

F6_Turbo
February 17, 2012, 12:26 AM
What most people don't realize is the other rookie, Iman Shumpert, is also playing at a very high level, both at the defensive and offensive ends. Another great thing about the Knicks, they're big. Even Shumpert at 6'5" and Lin at 6'3" are pretty tall for their respective positions. There are talks of bringing J.R. Smith into the fold. He's a great shooter and a gritty defender. If Melo and Lin can find a way to share the ball peacefully, I think the Knicks have got what it takes to give the Heat a run for their money.

Getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. And not nearly enough respect being shown to the Bulls and Rose.

Dilscoop
February 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/x2rkia.gif

Dilscoop
February 17, 2012, 10:58 PM
Jeremy Lin avatars are up! Anyone got any other request? Im doing NBA avatars.

zman
February 18, 2012, 12:31 PM
Getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. And not nearly enough respect being shown to the Bulls and Rose.
Here's my thoughts on Bulls lineup vs Knicks--
At center, I'd take Tyson over Noah (Skill wise they're almost even, but Tyson has more heart and championship experience)
At Power Forward, Amare is clearly better than Boozer
At Small forward, Carmelo is better than Deng
At Shooting guard, J.R Smith/Shumpert/Novak vs Hamilton/Brewer is a wash mainly because Hamilton has become very injury prone at this phase of his career...
At Point Guard, Rose is better than Lin...no argument there

So purely from a talent/skill perspective, there's only one position where the Bulls trump the Knicks. With the Knicks current roster, it's never been a question of talent, the issue has been lack of cohesion and chemistry in the team, and not having a true playmaker to distribute the ball well enough to help Carmelo get his 25, Amare his 20, J.R. Smith his 15, Shumpert/Novak/Fields their 10 on a nightly basis. Tyson will get his 10 without demanding the ball anyway.

So the most important impact of Linsanity's emergence--It puts players back in their natural positions. Carmelo can go back to playing small forward instead of point forward, Amare can play power forward instead of God knows what position he was playing, and the shooting guards can play their natural roles.

Here's another curious aspect of the shift in dynamics we've witnessed--Before Linsanity, Knicks had lost 11 out of 13 matches with Carmelo running point. With Linsanity, they've won 7 in a row minus their two marquee players. If Knicks start losing again when Melo returns and goes back to his ball hogging ways, New Yorkers will despise him forever. I doubt he'll take that risk. He's too talented and got burnt way too many times, not to realize, by allowing Lin to run the show, he can still be the primary scorer and still take the last shot most of the time when the game is on the line.

Rifat
February 18, 2012, 01:31 PM
The turnovers for Lin are a huge concern... Last night they could have easily won, but didn't!

Gotta Credit the New Orleans and Trevor Ariza. The Hornets are in prime form right now...three in a row!

Dilscoop
February 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
End of Lin?

Ajfar
February 18, 2012, 02:33 PM
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/JDh3qnt6olikPedDOR23pg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/JDh3qnt6olikPedDOR23pg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

zman
February 18, 2012, 07:58 PM
The turnovers for Lin are a huge concern... Last night they could have easily won, but didn't!

Gotta Credit the New Orleans and Trevor Ariza. The Hornets are in prime form right now...three in a row!
Let's face it...Hornets had a breakout game last night...every time Knicks made a run, they kept responding without letting the Knicks build any momentum...even the lowly Nets had a game like that today against the mighty Bulls.

That said, there are areas where Lin can improve. Thing I like about this kid, he's taken the world by storm and yet he's down to earth and humble. Heck...after carrying the team to a wire to wire win, he refuses to take any credit and praises his team mates for bailing him out. If he doesn't let the fame get into his head, and stays humble, he'll learn how to adapt and he'll learn fast.

When Carmelo is back, the opposition defenses will have to focus more on him and Lin will get even more room to operate...turnovers will consequently come down...the guy's a winner and plays much better under pressure...he was missing free throws and committing turnovers early on...but when it was crunch time he made all his free throws and didn't commit any more turnovers...now I'm interested to see how he responds after they have a bad patch and how Carmelo adapts his game.

FagunerAgun
February 18, 2012, 10:18 PM
Let's face it...Hornets had a breakout game last night...every time Knicks made a run, they kept responding without letting the Knicks build any momentum...even the lowly Nets had a game like that today against the mighty Bulls.

That said, there are areas where Lin can improve. Thing I like about this kid, he's taken the world by storm and yet he's down to earth and humble. Heck...after carrying the team to a wire to wire win, he refuses to take any credit and praises his team mates for bailing him out. If he doesn't let the fame get into his head, and stays humble, he'll learn how to adapt and he'll learn fast.

When Carmelo is back, the opposition defenses will have to focus more on him and Lin will get even more room to operate...turnovers will consequently come down...the guy's a winner and plays much better under pressure...he was missing free throws and committing turnovers early on...but when it was crunch time he made all his free throws and didn't commit any more turnovers...now I'm interested to see how he responds after they have a bad patch and how Carmelo adapts his game.
Agree..I think he is too humble.:) this is a professional sports. Eveyone is looking for self.

Tiger444
February 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
Gotta love Lin. The story is just remarkable. I'm confident he'll continue the good work. Once Melo comes back, this will be a very good Knicks team. Good to see the hype going up again for the Knicks.

Rifat
February 18, 2012, 11:32 PM
Knicks(once 'melo comes back), Heat, Bulls(Once Deng + Rose comes back), Spurs, Mavs, Thunder ...the teams to beat this season!

one of these 6 teams has to win the championship if things continue the way they are...

In the playoffs, sometimes the 1st Round games/conference semi final games are more exciting than the finals.

Can't wait for the playoffs this season.

The other team i really Like is the Minnesota Timberwolves(just because on
NBA2k11 i got drafted by them :-p), they have some great talent to build upon for next season...once Rubio + Pekovich gets more experience they can be more than lethal on any night, of course Kevin Love is always lethal! I had high hopes for Wesley Johnson +Michael Beasley, they are pretty good prospects too. They are doing a far better job this season than last season, but I don't see them as championship material this season.

FagunerAgun
February 18, 2012, 11:48 PM
Knicks(once 'melo comes back), Heat, Bulls(Once Deng + Rose comes back), Spurs, Mavs, Thunder ...the teams to beat this season!

one of these 6 teams has to win the championship if things continue the way they are...

In the playoffs, sometimes the 1st Round games/conference semi final games are more exciting than the finals.

Can't wait for the playoffs this season.

The other team i really Like is the Minnesota Timberwolves(just because on
NBA2k11 i got drafted by them :-p), they have some great talent to build upon for next season...once Rubio + Pekovich gets more experience they can be more than lethal on any night, of course Kevin Love is always lethal! I had high hopes for Wesley Johnson +Michael Beasley, they are pretty good prospects too. They are doing a far better job this season than last season, but I don't see them as championship material this season.
I think Bulls have the best chance this year with a PCT of 0.758 so far - which is the best in the league right now. But we know play offs are play offs. My bets are on Bulls.:)..second Knicks.

zman
February 19, 2012, 11:42 AM
I don't expect them to win against the streaking Mavs today. They'll need a fully integrated Carmelo and J.R. Smith to beat them. Mavs are the defending champs and one of the top 3 legit contenders at the moment. The Matrix - one of the best defenders of PGs in the league - will try and suffocate Lin. I'm interested to see how he reacts and how he makes the necessary adjustments.

zman
February 19, 2012, 03:48 PM
So Shawn Marion and the Mavs had been on a tear lately. Shawn Marion in particular had been shutting down premiere point guards like Brandon Jennings, Ricky Rubio and Chris Paul to name a few....And how does Linsanity respond? He reduces Marion to a spectator of the Lin show and scorches the defending champs for 28 points, 14 assists, 5 stls, 4 rebounds and leads the Knicks to a solid victory.

As usual there were just too many big time shots to mention, but did anyone see that 3 pointer over Nowitzki's outstretched arms with the clock winding down?

What else can I say? it's a priviledge to witness greatness unravel right before our very eyes.

zman
February 19, 2012, 07:16 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/57sxxnizn/512877365.png

My friend's idea, my recreation. I've another "LINSANE" coming up.
After another Linsane performance, couldn't help but bump Dilscoop's artwork :notworthy:

FagunerAgun
February 20, 2012, 06:31 PM
Linsanity lives again.

Forget the off night that had NBA fans worldwide wondering if the Jeremy Lin story was too good to be true. It's still plenty good, all right.

The Harvard sensation was back at his whirling ways Sunday, and the stage couldn't have been better -- against the defending champions on national TV.

Lin was Lin, and that was good enough for the New York Knicks to win.

Hours after the opening of "Saturday Night Live" spoofed the Lin phenomenon, the point guard had 28 points and a career-high 14 assists to carry the Knicks to a 104-97 victory that ended the Dallas Mavericks' six-game winning streak.

"Looking back, it's like I was watching them win the championship last year, and that's obviously where this team wants to go," Lin said.

"This is helpful to us, not just to me but to us, just to be able to see where our team can go and what we can become, and I think that's the biggest takeaway from tonight," he said.

I didn't know he is from Harvard.

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
That was at Madison Square Garden. Knicks are not at full strength either. Playoffs would be fun with Lin distributing. I am still concerned on his turnovers. 7 is high.
+++
Dallas will defend the crown. It would come down to Dallas vs Ok City.

Tigers_eye
February 21, 2012, 01:17 PM
quietly spurs are running with a 11 winning streak. Longest of the season for any team.

Heat is flexing its muscle as well.

Dilscoop
February 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
Lakers missed 6 FTs in a row in the end there and Dallas still can't win!

Dilscoop
February 23, 2012, 02:01 AM
For those of you that are still going LINSANE, check this out. This dude is crazy good! I just randomly came across one of his Kobe wallpapers, and I saw his name on it. And it's an Indian name and so I had to track him down to see if he did any cricket designs. (no btw)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/042/5/e/jeremy_lin_linsanity_wallpaper_by_angelmaker666-d4pb7uj.jpg

It's really good. But I can't say this guy is the best I've ever seen, because the dude that lives close to me is super crazy with designing stuff, he is going pro, taking it to the next level. He has lawyers and everything. He is more edgy, this Indian dude is more abstract-y.

mufi_02
February 23, 2012, 11:22 AM
Lin's biggest challenge against Miami today. Can he deliver again?

Tigers_eye
February 23, 2012, 03:27 PM
Lin's biggest challenge against Miami today. Can he deliver again?
I don't think so. Miami is a much better team. On the road, all the home cooking is missing. NY folds by double digit.

F6_Turbo
February 23, 2012, 11:15 PM
Oh poor muppets on the Lin bandwagon...hahah

1-11 from the floor
3 assists
8 turnovers
34 minutes

Know your place fool.

Dilscoop
February 24, 2012, 12:35 AM
^ What you not a Lin fanboy?

One off game, big deal. This match was overhyped.

F6_Turbo
February 24, 2012, 12:41 AM
Nope not a Lin fanboy...I never got on the bandwagon, and don't plan to either.

FagunerAgun
February 28, 2012, 09:37 PM
NBA All star: East 149, West 152

Where is Lin-sanity? Feel bad as K. Bryant broke his nose.

Dilscoop
February 29, 2012, 01:07 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7swApIsR6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wade = D1ck

FagunerAgun
March 4, 2012, 12:42 PM
The Boston Celtics get their first look at Knicks star Jeremy Lin since New York was overrun by "Linsanity." Today at 1 pm EST. can't wait. Celtics are not that good this year, so it will be an easy cut for Lin.

Rifat
March 10, 2012, 03:32 PM
Linsanity slowing dying out...Knicks hit 4 game losing streak!

Maybe it is a good thing! The media made too much noise anyways(Racial slurs....etc etc!) Alhamdulillah! I am happy in that sense the focus has shifted from Race. Carmelo not in his prime(maybe that's why)

Timberwolves showing a lot of Heart :D It's still too early but I think The way they have been playing recently, they could really push for a late order playoff berth!(8th/7th spot) they are fun to watch :)

Leafs PWN
March 17, 2012, 03:14 AM
Magic are gonna regret not shipping Howard off.

Dilscoop
April 5, 2012, 10:11 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1032868/blakee.gif

How come no one here talked about this? Specially with no cricket whatsoever!

Griffin killed that spanish boy Billy Walsh.

Dilscoop
April 5, 2012, 10:11 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1032799/blake.gif

Here is the first one.

mufi_02
May 4, 2012, 08:52 AM
How come no chatter about the playoff. Bulls might not make without Rose while Heat looks like a beast. And Knicks made a NBA record. 13th straight playoff loss and no playoff win for 12 years :facepalm:

Rifat
May 4, 2012, 10:02 AM
OK City...all the way!

Roey Haque
May 4, 2012, 05:53 PM
How come no chatter about the playoff. Bulls might not make without Rose while Heat looks like a beast. And Knicks made a NBA record. 13th straight playoff loss and no playoff win for 12 years :facepalm:

Son, I was dying to post a comment on the playoffs.

My team's the Sixers, been a loyal fan since 2001. Enjoyed the victory over the Bulls immensely. Happy Rose is out. Let's hope for a repeat tonight! We have our own young Big 3. Holiday, Turner and Williams. Iggy, please don't shoot, just stick to dunking.

I think it's gonna be Spurs vs Heat in the final. Though Durant and Westbrook might stop the spurs. The way Heat is playing, I think they'll be the eastern conference champ for the next 4 years.

And the knicks have no excuse. They are a filthy reach team, buying good players all the time. It's their fault for not gelling together properly. Though I do believe Lin could've made a difference had he been not injured.

Roey Haque
May 5, 2012, 01:30 AM
YAYYY! We beat the Bulls again! Go Sixers. Lou, Jrue, and Evan going double digits again. This is what we need.

♫1,2,3,4,5 6ers...........10,9,8, 76ers ♫

mufi_02
May 7, 2012, 08:51 AM
Bulls looks lost without Rose. Now I wish Knicks finished 8th and faced Bulls instead of Miami. But we won our first playoff game in 11 years. That's the only consolation in what has been otherwise a complete Heat rampage.

Btw, Dallas got clean sweeped. OKC looks like a team to beat. But after Knicks, I might support the Clippers.

Roey Haque
May 7, 2012, 05:13 PM
Bulls looks lost without Rose. Now I wish Knicks finished 8th and faced Bulls instead of Miami. But we won our first playoff game in 11 years. That's the only consolation in what has been otherwise a complete Heat rampage.

Btw, Dallas got clean sweeped. OKC looks like a team to beat. But after Knicks, I might support the Clippers.

Yeah, the whole Clippers story is unfathomable. Wasn't it just last year all the late night talk show hosts were still making CLippers jokes? Lol. Blake is a fine, fine player. CP brings a whole lotta class. They have a good chance I say.

And yeah, OKC is a team I can appreciate. They developed players like Durant, Westbrook and Harding and made a team around them. Teams like Magic, Heat and Knicks can only spend, spend and spend. And I hate that!

Pray for my sixers! We still need to beat the bulls once more. It ain't over till it's over.

Dilscoop
May 8, 2012, 01:52 AM
Blake MotherFlipping Griffin! He keeps taking it to the next level, game by game.

Rifat
May 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
Very impressed with San Antonio Spurs and OK City...let's see what happens!

Roey Haque
May 22, 2012, 03:56 PM
I say 4-2 to Spurs.

Tigers_eye
May 28, 2012, 07:55 AM
1-0 Spurs. Good game. OKC withstood the spurs and were leading by 9 in the 4th. Then Manu took over. 98-101.
Tonight Miami vs Buiras. Go LeBron.

Ajfar
May 28, 2012, 08:47 AM
who would have thought the buiras would make it this far.

Tiger444
May 28, 2012, 05:17 PM
I see Miami winning against Boston in 5 games, maybe 6. I see the Spurs/Thunders series being a good one but Spurs definitely have the edge.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Ajfar
June 2, 2012, 09:39 AM
Not a bad comeback by the 'buiras' let's hope they can continue.

Roey Haque
June 2, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm still sticking with my prediction: 4-2 to Spurs.

As for heats and celtics, can't believe Heats actually conceded a game. It'll definitely make next match more interesting.

Tiger444
June 2, 2012, 04:21 PM
Big game for the Thunder tonight. If they win, then the series is still very much alive. If they lose, then they're gone. As for the Celtics, same situation.

mufi_02
June 7, 2012, 01:30 PM
All predictions have been proven wrong. OKC is through and Celtics is right there.

Ajfar
June 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
All predictions have been proven wrong. OKC is through and Celtics is right there.

Celtics just couldn't pull it off. But the fact they made it this far which is huge considering no one thought they would be here with a bunch of oldies. It's alright. Rando is will get us another ring sometime down the line.

F6_Turbo
June 12, 2012, 11:41 PM
KD and Westbrook push the Thunder over the line in Game 1.

Man Dwayne Wade is declining fast

mufi_02
June 13, 2012, 09:34 AM
All the Euro 2012 hype and no one talking about NBA Finals.

Anyway, what a game last night! OKC came strong in the 2nd half and shocked Miami. James is doing okay but Wade and Chalmers need to pick up. But my money is on OKC. They have beaten Dallas, Lakers, Spurs to reach the final. All those teams boasts superstars and are dynasties.

Go OKC!!

Tiger444
June 13, 2012, 11:17 AM
All the Euro 2012 hype and no one talking about NBA Finals.

Anyway, what a game last night! OKC came strong in the 2nd half and shocked Miami. James is doing okay but Wade and Chalmers need to pick up. But my money is on OKC. They have beaten Dallas, Lakers, Spurs to reach the final. All those teams boasts superstars and are dynasties.

Go OKC!!

It was a very good game. Wade really needs to play a lot better then he is now. He seems way too hesitant out there. He needs to do what he does best, go and slash hard rather than taking needless jump shots which isn't his game. Lebron did well but got shut down yet again in the 4th quarter. Credit to Sefalosha who did a great job on Lebron. He's really 1 of the underrated players in the NBA.

Durant is really 1 hell of a player. His overall offensive game in my opinion is the best in the NBA right now. It just seems impossible to stop the guy when he's on. Really happy to see a young superstar performing so well. Also Westbrook really did an outstanding job yesterday continuously contributing in every way.

The next game should be interesting. If Miami wins, then they can be in decent shape but if they lose, I see them in very big trouble.

mufi_02
June 14, 2012, 09:56 AM
Game 2 tonight.

Miami is feeling the Heat. They will come back strong and I am expecting 40+ points for James. That's what he did after they went down 2-3 against the Celtics. But, OKC seems to be in fine form and on a 5 game winning streak. Durant has been superb and the support from WestBrook, Harden and Shefalosha has been great too.

There is some resemblance to OKC this season and BD Asia Cup. Both underdogs led by young Durant and Shakib. The crowds at Oklahoma is the loudest too. I hope they win.

F6_Turbo
June 14, 2012, 10:07 AM
Game 2 tonight.

Miami is feeling the Heat. They will come back strong and I am expecting 40+ points for James. That's what he did after they went down 2-3 against the Celtics. But, OKC seems to be in fine form and on a 5 game winning streak. Durant has been superb and the support from WestBrook, Harden and Shefalosha has been great too.

There is some resemblance to OKC this season and BD Asia Cup. Both underdogs led by young Durant and Shakib. The crowds at Oklahoma is the loudest too. I hope they win.

OKC are no underdogs...just about all the pundits picked them to win the West in the preseason.

mufi_02
June 14, 2012, 10:13 AM
^^ I didn't know that. I thought Dallas, Lakers, or Spurs were the favorites from West.

F6_Turbo
June 15, 2012, 12:14 AM
^^ I didn't know that. I thought Dallas, Lakers, or Spurs were the favorites from West.

Nope...despite their inexperience, going into the season, ALL the pundits had OKC from the west. In fact very few picked the Spurs to even make the Western conference finals.

Back to the finals....

Miami steal home court from OKC by winning game 2, 100-96. Like in game 1, Miami got out to a big lead, but unlike game 1, this time, Miami held on(just).

Zeeshan
June 15, 2012, 01:48 AM
Sloppy by Ok at the last few seconds. I wanna know more on James' mind clearing abilities during shooting.

F6_Turbo
June 17, 2012, 11:39 AM
Big game tonight, if Miami win I think they'll go on to win the series.

Rommel
June 19, 2012, 01:41 AM
^^^^
Well they did win, but I still see OKC winning it all. With a 2-3-2 format, tonight's game is HUGE. I say OKC wins tonight, Miami wins game 5, and OKC takes the last 2. I don't think Lebron, Wade, and company have what it takes to go on the road and clinch a championship.

F6_Turbo
June 19, 2012, 11:36 PM
Still think the Thunder will win?

Rifat
June 20, 2012, 12:22 AM
Still think the Thunder will win?

They need to make more than just an OK effort to win the finals from this point on. It's elimination time!

F6_Turbo
June 20, 2012, 12:46 AM
They need to make more than just an OK effort to win the finals from this point on. It's elimination time!

That game 3 was pivotal, which is why I said, if Miami won that, it was all over...and tonight was another nail in their coffin.

Harden struggling and Perkins having next to no threat offensively has damaged the Thunder. They'll be back next year, but this year 'Bron is getting his ring

F6_Turbo
June 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
Big game tonight, if Miami win I think they'll go on to win the series.

And so it came to pass...

LeBron James wins his 1st NBA Championship. Not that this means anything, but he is 27, Jordan didn't win his 1st until he was 28.

*LeBron won't win 6, LeBron will never be as good as Jordan.

Zeeshan
June 22, 2012, 01:28 AM
kobe ki dosh korlo? ^

F6_Turbo
June 22, 2012, 02:05 AM
kobe ki dosh korlo? ^

Other than attempted rape? :D

He won his 1st trophy at 22, but in that 3-peat, Shaq got the FINALS MVP each time. That was Shaq at his unstoppable beastie best.

Seriously Kobe is awesome(all time top 10 awesome), but Lebron at the end of his career will be recognized as a better player.

Tiger444
June 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
Other than attempted rape? :D

He won his 1st trophy at 22, but in that 3-peat, Shaq got the FINALS MVP each time. That was Shaq at his unstoppable beastie best.

Seriously Kobe is awesome(all time top 10 awesome), but Lebron at the end of his career will be recognized as a better player.

Agreed. The physical presence Lebron has shown is just incredible. The guy is just unstoppable when he drives in to the lane. I still feel he needs to improve his jumpshooting skills and he can become even better. I'm really happy for him and the Heat and hope they continue to do well. They'll be great for a long time.

Should be an interesting draft coming up tomorrow. Anthony Davis is all set to go to the Hornets. Who will go #2? I have a feeling Bobcats will trade the pick and someone will either draft Beal or Robinson there. Can't wait to see where my boys Waiters, Melo, and Joseph are drafted.

Ajfar
June 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
^ Looks like you are going to be following the Celtics. I'm no expert but not sure if Melo is a good pick for Celtics, Sullinger on the other hand will probably coming and start contributing right away.

I feel bad for the Pistons, they picked up Andre Drummond. I hope he is not another Hashim Thabeet like case, otherwise Detroit just wasted a pick.

Leafs PWN
July 3, 2012, 12:11 PM
Amir Johnson to the Nets. God, what a horrid contract that guy has.

It's a win-win for both teams. Atlanta gets rid of a mammoth contract, while "Brooklyn" gives Williams a better reason to stay. And with Williams, you also get Kidd. 2 for 1 deal.

They have reportedly made an offer for Howard as well (the only team he is willing to go to, and sign an extension): Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, 1st in 2013, 2015 and 2017. I think the Magic will pull the trigger on that one - considering how Howard has pushed them into a corner, that's a pretty good return.

The Nets will now become the latest NBA power house. They won't be able to play at the same level as Miami/Chicago, but they will be a top 5 team in the shitty East for a good while, and probably make a few finals/conference finals.

The NBA has become a joke now. The players dictate where they will be traded. The stars all team up and join one of the big cities, and the smaller market teams can sit there and rot once their homegrown players bail on them.

The only exception is the Thunder, and that's becasue of two reasons:
1) Durant isn't a jackass
2) They have a very good young team, which has a chance to win every year

Wonder how long they can keep the core together.

F6_Turbo
July 3, 2012, 02:20 PM
Teams with most NBA championships

1. Celtics - 17
2. Lakers - 16
3. Bulls - 6

Top TV Markets in the US
2. Los Angeles
3. Chicago
7. Boston

Hmmm, small market teams have always been screwed. I have no issues with players dictating where they go, owners dump players in the blink of an eye, and no one questions that...free market right? Let the players do their thing.

Tiger444
July 3, 2012, 04:18 PM
^ Looks like you are going to be following the Celtics. I'm no expert but not sure if Melo is a good pick for Celtics, Sullinger on the other hand will probably coming and start contributing right away.

I feel bad for the Pistons, they picked up Andre Drummond. I hope he is not another Hashim Thabeet like case, otherwise Detroit just wasted a pick.

I'll definitely have a soft spot for the Celtics now. They got a steal in Sullinger. The guy is 1 of the most NBA ready players in the draft. I think picking Melo was good as well. He might not be very good now but he's improving and has upside. With Garnett playing for 3 years more at least, he'll have time to develop and have very good mentors around him. I think Joseph was a good pick as well. I feel he won't be a star in the NBA but a solid role player and should fit with the Celts. I think Waiters will end up being outstanding as well.

Drummond is a very risky pick imo. I don't doubt his potential but he's got a long ways to go. He's athletically gifted but needs to learn to use his body better. Lamb is a great talent but has a very questionable motor. Hopefully that changes in the NBA. Overall I thought it was a good draft and there were a lot of solid players.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

F6_Turbo
July 5, 2012, 12:48 AM
Steve Nash to the Lakers. Raptors :lol: they paid Landry Fields $20mil over 3 years, and thought Nash was going to sign for sure...

Tiger444
July 5, 2012, 11:35 AM
Steve Nash to the Lakers. Raptors :lol: they paid Landry Fields $20mil over 3 years, and thought Nash was going to sign for sure...

Surprised that the Lakers got Nash. Not a good move imo. Their complaining about being too old and then got Nash? He's got a yr or 2 left in the tank.

F6_Turbo
July 5, 2012, 12:00 PM
Surprised that the Lakers got Nash. Not a good move imo. Their complaining about being too old and then got Nash? He's got a yr or 2 left in the tank.

Tie in nicely with Kobe and his diminishing ability. It's obvious they've decided to go all in, rather than rebuild. Plus the Lakers never rebuild.

They'll be crap in a couple of years, but then make some huge free agent signing, and boom! Off they go again...

Leafs PWN
July 5, 2012, 03:22 PM
Kyle Lowry to the Raptors.

WE HAVE A PROPER PG NOW :D

F6_Turbo
July 7, 2012, 09:36 AM
Ray Allen to the Miami Heat. Talk about awkward.

If he stays healthy, playing around 20 minutes a night, he will be excellent for Miami. The Heat just got much stronger.

Tiger444
July 7, 2012, 12:30 PM
Tie in nicely with Kobe and his diminishing ability. It's obvious they've decided to go all in, rather than rebuild. Plus the Lakers never rebuild.

They'll be crap in a couple of years, but then make some huge free agent signing, and boom! Off they go again...

That's true. Their going all in now. Nash definitely will make things run a lot smoother and gives them a leader.

Tiger444
July 7, 2012, 12:35 PM
Ray Allen to the Miami Heat. Talk about awkward.

If he stays healthy, playing around 20 minutes a night, he will be excellent for Miami. The Heat just got much stronger.

A huge signing for the Heat. I thought that the Heat lacked a pure shooter. Well they got 1 now! Now if they can snatch Camby, this team will be even stronger which is scary to think about.

F6_Turbo
July 9, 2012, 11:49 PM
4 team Howard deal almost done

Nets : Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark
Magic : Brook Lopez, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery-protected first from the Clippers.
Cavs : Kris Humphries, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first-round pick from the Nets and $3 million in cash.
Clippers : MarShon Brooks

**** deal for the Magic, those picks are all going to be low, low 1st round picks, even if they bundle them, they won't get too much back in return, and the players they're getting aren't great either.

Better than losing him for free next season though.

Tiger444
July 11, 2012, 08:44 AM
4 team Howard deal almost done

Nets : Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark
Magic : Brook Lopez, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery-protected first from the Clippers.
Cavs : Kris Humphries, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first-round pick from the Nets and $3 million in cash.
Clippers : MarShon Brooks

**** deal for the Magic, those picks are all going to be low, low 1st round picks, even if they bundle them, they won't get too much back in return, and the players they're getting aren't great either.

Better than losing him for free next season though.

The Magic should try to get Bynum and send him to the Lakers. Why just listen to what Howard says? They should be looking for their own interests as well and the fact is the Lakers have the most pieces to send.

mufi_02
July 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
Knicks drafted an unknown Greek player. L Fields is gone and Lin has a offer in hand. If Lin goes, they will seriously suffer as they don't have any other PG. Bibby is old and Barron Davis might not be the same after injury.

Another disappointing season coming up :(

F6_Turbo
July 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
You forgetting Jason Kidd?

Oh and the Heat picked up another cheap bench player - Rashard Lewis on a 2 year $2.8mil deal. That Heat bench is a lot better than it was at the end of the season, all they need is a big man now.

F6_Turbo
July 11, 2012, 09:13 AM
The Magic should try to get Bynum and send him to the Lakers. Why just listen to what Howard says? They should be looking for their own interests as well and the fact is the Lakers have the most pieces to send.

Well because he could reject the trade...sulk his way through next season, and then leave on a free...resulting in them getting nothing at all in return for one of the top big men in the league, and he's in his prime.

Tiger444
July 11, 2012, 10:16 AM
Well because he could reject the trade...sulk his way through next season, and then leave on a free...resulting in them getting nothing at all in return for one of the top big men in the league, and he's in his prime.

Ya I guess this is just turning out to be another Melo situation. Wonder why he's so hell bent on Brooklyn.

Tiger444
July 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
Knicks drafted an unknown Greek player. L Fields is gone and Lin has a offer in hand. If Lin goes, they will seriously suffer as they don't have any other PG. Bibby is old and Barron Davis might not be the same after injury.

Another disappointing season coming up :(

Lin's staying since they matched the Rockets offer. And losing Fields isn't a big deal. The guy barely did anything for the Knicks. It's very interesting to see them getting Kidd and Camby. We'll see how that works out. I don't see them being pretty good tbh. It remains to be seen though.

Leafs PWN
July 12, 2012, 09:08 AM
Howard to Nets deal has fallen through. With the new contract Brooklyn just gave to Lopez (4 year, 61 M), I think this might spell the end of Howard to Nets. But then again, Prokhorov might be willing to spend the big bucks. I think chances are pretty low though.

Talks of a 3 way deal between LAL/Magic/Rockets is gathering steam. Deal would look like this:

LAL: Howard
Rockets: Bynum
Magic: Picks, Prospects

Haven't seen exactly who the Magic will be receiving, but that seems to be the groundwork right now. I believe Bynum has quietly expressed that he would be interested in re-signing with the Rockets.