PDA

View Full Version : Who should I support?

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2012, 01:09 PM
I'm lost. I generally don't believe in supporting teams based on geographical region unless we're talking international sports. This thread is for those who are still undecided like me (if there's any at all). Please helpppp!!!

simon
January 19, 2012, 01:11 PM
^^let me help you,
Support Dhaka Gladiators if you believe in your own theory.

MohammedC
January 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
Too much Sylhety blood running in my vain. Even though they have got most crappiest team my loayality will remain till I die.

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
Dad from Rangpur div, mom from Chittagong div, brother from state of Hawaii, me born and raised in Dhaka. Supporting Dhaka without a reason independent of my roots would be going against my own "theory" now, wouldn't it?

Shubho
January 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
We need a new team: Fenochacolak (Feni, Noakhali, Chandpur, Comilla, Lakshmipur)

Proposed franchise name: Fenochacolak Fatafatis

MohammedC
January 19, 2012, 01:18 PM
Dad from Rangpur div, mom from Chittagong div, brother from state of Hawaii, me born and raised in Dhaka. Supporting Dhaka without a reason independent of my roots would be going against my own "theory" now, wouldn't it?

Whats in the middle of Rangpur and Chittagong?

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
Whats in the middle of Rangpur and Chittagong?
South Africa, the Iraq such as like such as?

Habib
January 19, 2012, 01:49 PM
Support Khulna. At least it's icon player is not a sissy unlike others.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

MohammedC
January 19, 2012, 01:51 PM
ATMR should not support any team. :D

simon
January 19, 2012, 02:44 PM
Support Khulna. At least it's icon player is not a sissy unlike others.

that is a strong point actually :-|

Dilscoop
January 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
Don't give.

FagunerAgun
January 19, 2012, 03:13 PM
Give it a darn....I was born in one division and grew up in two other divisions...not a problem for me...c'sense dictates you chose one which one you like preferably the division you were born in...not a big deal..next time someone will open a thread regarding the colors and sizes of the underwears of the players..

Dilscoop
January 19, 2012, 03:17 PM
I can't because I don't feel attached to any of these "divisions." But I guess if I HAD to pick one it would be Dhaka, the only place I've visited frequently.

Go Gladi.. I can't do this..

roman
January 19, 2012, 03:40 PM

You and me have those bolded parts in common. I am going to root for Dhaka and Rajshahi..

Zunaid
January 19, 2012, 06:24 PM
ATMR - I assume you root for the Maple Leafs (why?). And if your're into, say, NFl, what team do you support and why? After all, they are all geography based. Come to think of it - you're also a big fan of Barca - Wait, La Liga is also location based. How did you decide to go for them?

You don't live in Bangladesh any more, so use your heart to pick a team and don't waffle, son.

Naimul_Hd
January 19, 2012, 06:40 PM
Sissies ask others 'what to do' ! Those who have a steel pair, chooses his path and decides his own fate. Sounds familiar ?

Zunaid
January 19, 2012, 06:45 PM
Sissies ask others 'what to do' ! Those who have a steel pair, chooses his path and decides his own fate. Sounds familiar ?

Even balls of steel are attached with chains of cast iron. They rust and fall off. And we see the once proud tenor reduced to strident falsetto. We pray for his well being.

Dilscoop
January 19, 2012, 07:22 PM
ATMR - I assume you root for the Maple Leafs (why?). And if your're into, say, NFl, what team do you support and why? After all, they are all geography based. Come to think of it - you're also a big fan of Barca - Wait, La Liga is also location based. How did you decide to go for them?

You don't live in Bangladesh any more, so use your heart to pick a team and don't waffle, son.
I was going to reply to his "I don't believe in..." comment too, but your way is much better.

Nasif
January 19, 2012, 08:17 PM
Not a question...
It has to be the underdog. Now, tell me which team is the underdog in BPL?

If you are interested to know about the phenomenon of "supporting underdog" theory, I.e. Why would anyone support a loosing team? Listen to this radoilab podcast, intriguing....
http://www.radiolab.org/2011/aug/23/winning-side/
Scott Allison and Nadav Goldschmied, who study this very propensity, say that there's such a deeply ingrained, strong bias for the underdog...that only 1 in 5 people admit to pulling for the top dog.

<embed src="http://www.radiolab.org/media/audioplayer/player5.swf" width="620" height="39" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" flashvars="file=http://www.radiolab.org/audio/xspf/153810/&repeat=list&autostart=false&popurl=http://www.radiolab.org/audio/xspf/153810/%3Fdownload%3Dhttp%3A//www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio.wnyc.org/radiolab/radiolab082311c.mp3"></embed><script type="text/javascript">(function(){var s=function(){__flash__removeCallback=function(i,n) {if(i)i[n]=null;};window.setTimeout(s,10);};s();})();</script>

Slate: The underdog effect (http://www.slate.com/id/2252372/)

Zunaid
January 19, 2012, 08:25 PM
The problem with 'supporting the underdog' is that your support is temporary. Underdogs do move to be top-dogs (unlike us), and so you have to switch once again unless now your bias for the underdog has transformed you into the team fan regardless of canine stature. If you have to switch from one dog to another, what fun is that?

You can't buy team apparel, color your hair and your body in the team colors, write nasty put-downs on the other teams' forums, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. You don't feel that strongly if your support is based solely on the team being an underdog. Now if you do feel that way for an underdog, you are strange and should see a shrink. Pick one - whatever the reason - and stick with it.

Boomerang
January 19, 2012, 08:36 PM
If you are in confusion support shakib! i hope you are familier with it while supporting worcs and kkr.

Zeeshan
January 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
the one with the cheerleaders who be gettin easter european plus desi genes...voluptuous

/case dismissed

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2012, 09:17 PM

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
NFL: Could never get into it
NBA: Miami Heat, but don't follow much anymore
Futbol: Supported Barca since 1992 - back in the days when I used to be an avid follower of the Brazilian futbol team. Baba bolechilo Barca number 1 team, so I went for it. Just how Abdul Razzaq once said, "Wasim bhai tell me to out the batsman so I out the batsman". No questions asked.

So Khulna it is. Shakibuley!

tiger_army
January 19, 2012, 10:13 PM
That means you can choose any team between Teknaaf to Tetulia...

Kana-Baba
January 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
I am in dilemma - Dad is from Chittagoan, Mom from Dhaka. I was born in Chittagon, raised in Dhaka. Which team should I support? Kind of hate Afridi ( sort of Afridi marry me effect).

rinathq
January 20, 2012, 12:36 AM
I was in confusion too. Than I asked myself, who is my fav player? Its none other than Mashrafe Mortaza. Who is one of my fav coaches? Ian Pont. Where did I grow up? Dhaka

so which team should i Support? DHAKA :)

Habib
January 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
I am in dilemma - Dad is from Chittagoan, Mom from Dhaka. I was born in Chittagon, raised in Dhaka. Which team should I support? Kind of hate Afridi ( sort of Afridi marry me effect).

Easy. Just support Khulna. Iceman will make sure Afridi pays :)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

ma_o_mati
January 20, 2012, 03:43 AM
pick a team and get on with it....don't be a sissy now...

nobody can make that decision for u...u gotta chose the one u feel like supporting and stick to it..

I was born and raised in Dhaka...so win or lose, i m sticking by it...

if u ask me, to ask that question in a public forum on who should you support shows sign of sissy mentality, to be honest...

its a short tournament so pick a team and get on with it...

lamisa
January 20, 2012, 04:28 AM
do what i did. amar favourite player jei team e ami oi teamer supprter

Jadukor
January 20, 2012, 04:50 AM
Pick a team which has the national stars you like. Since Shakib and Nasir are in Khulna... I do have a soft spot for that team. There is no way in hell i will be supporting Dhaka with Ash in that team.
I would root for Khulna and perhaps Sylhet since Kaps is playing for that team.

fuadomar
January 20, 2012, 11:31 AM
I will support Khulna :-)

MohammedC
January 20, 2012, 11:36 AM
Guys please dont call ATMR Sissy.

dash
January 20, 2012, 11:38 AM
dhaka all the way; but not the only way!

frd
January 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
dhaka gladiators all the away :)

bujhee kom
January 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hey bhais Mohammedan kheltese naa?

BANFAN
January 20, 2012, 04:49 PM
Hey bhais Mohammedan kheltese naa?

Oderke dress palate, daat brush kore ashte bolche ... :)

oronnya
January 21, 2012, 12:51 AM
Everyone seems to be supporting the team related to their birthplace or their emotional attachment !! Hmm.. My parents are from Mymensingh and I grew up in Dhaka then how come I am not feeling any strong attachment to the Dhaka team:confused::confused:. 1 reason I could think of is Ashraful the great !! I never feel like supporting HIM or a team he is part of (except the national team as I have no option). The only reason I would be interested to check how Dhaka is doing is Mash !!! So my support is for Khulna as Shak is there :). But I would love to see all our local players developing their temperament/skills and excelling while playing with some of the big names of the game !!!

Zunaid
January 21, 2012, 01:06 AM
Guys please dont call ATMR Sissy.

I'll do better. Both you and ATMR are sissies and you support sissy teams.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

cricketboy
January 21, 2012, 04:09 AM
I will support Dhaka as I was born and brought up there and my 2nd team is still undecided. May go for Rajshahi for family ties or Khulna for Shakib.

patriot
January 21, 2012, 07:35 AM
Which franchise does FENI fall into ? I searched all over wikipedia and google with a magnifying glass and coundn't come to a conclusion.

lamisa
January 21, 2012, 11:36 AM
^^^ chittagong

oronnya
January 21, 2012, 11:37 AM
Which franchise does FENI fall into ? I searched all over wikipedia and google with a magnifying glass and coundn't come to a conclusion.

If my memory doesn't betray me then Feni is in Chittagong division....

oronnya
January 21, 2012, 11:37 AM
Oh here you go Lamisa also confirmed it !!!

AsifTheManRahman
February 11, 2012, 07:19 AM
I'll do better. Both you and ATMR are sissies and you support sissy teams.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
And I win, yet again. :)

Zunaid
February 11, 2012, 07:35 AM
And I win, yet again. :)

Let's see who laughs last. We might even win the whole thing in spite of having HRH.

Tigers_eye
February 11, 2012, 08:52 AM
ATMR will support China. Millitary powerhouse. No sissies are allowed to support china. Girl friend asey na gasey?

Shubho
February 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
Chandpur, Comilla, Feni, Noakhali and Lakshmipur have nothing to do with Chittagong. We don't speak the same language. Don't eat the same food.

We need a Comilla division and a Comilla BPL franchise. Comilla Crazies.

MohammedC
February 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
Chandpur, Comilla, Feni, Noakhali and Lakshmipur have nothing to do with Chittagong. We don't speak the same language. Don't eat the same food.

You can support Sylhet Divison :)

BengaliPagol
February 11, 2012, 10:39 PM

I agree with you. My village is Feni but i would like to see another 'Comilla Division' so all those people living in that area have a proper home team to support.