PDA

View Full Version : USA to make One Day International Debut

fwullah
March 6, 2004, 12:36 PM
For me, it was a match between Clayton Lambert and Gavin Hamilton, where Lambert won it.

USA heartbreak for Scotland

The USA's Clayton Lambert is an ex-West Indies Test player
The USA sensationally qualified to face cricket's elite nations in the ICC Champions Trophy later this year by defeating Scotland in Dubai.
They pipped the Scots for overall victory at the Six Nations Challenge by 0.027 on net run rate.

Scotland were bowled out for 206, but the USA reached 208-5 in the 48th over to clinch qualification.

The USA will be in the same Champions Trophy group as Australia and New Zealand in England in September.

It will be the first time they have taken part in a full one-day international.

That must be a gut wrench for Scotland to lose out on that sort of run rate!

From Pakistan unders
Have your say on TMS
US cricket is run on a regional basis, involving more than 10,000 club players, but they have only four grass wickets in the entire country.

Former West Indies Test batsman Clayton Lambert top scored with 60 against Scotland and he was well supported by Steve Massiah, who made 42.

The Scotland total was based on an innings of 60 by Gavin Hamilton, who will play county cricket in England for Durham this summer.

Syed Maqsood's innings enabled the UAE to reach a tough target

Five teams finished on six points after the UAE beat Holland by three wickets and Namibia defeated Canada.

Holland were favourites to qualify before the start of the final day and Darron Reekers (85) and Tim de Leede (74) took them to a total of 290.

But Syed Maqsood responded with 93 for the hosts and Asim Saeed hit 55 as they reached 295-7 with five balls remaining.

Namibia posted a modest total of 195-7 in their game, but then bowled out Canad, who lost all six games, for 190 to win by five runs.

Source: BBC

Navarene
March 6, 2004, 01:31 PM
US Team:

Aijaz Ali (Ali) Born: June 20, 1968, Karachi, Pakistan - Played in three ICC trophy tournaments: Kenya in 1994, Malaysia in 1997 and Canada, 2001,

Richard Staple (Rich) - Captain - Born: November 25, 1969, Jamaica, W.I. Played for USA in WICB Red Stripe Bowl tournament in Jamaica, 1997 and 1998/99 and ICC trophy tournament in Canada in 2001.

Charles Reid (Tony) - Born: April 9, 1962, Barbados, W.I. Played for USA in West Indies Cricket Board [WICB] Red Stripe Bowl tournament in Jamaica 1998/99.

Amer Afzaluddin (Amer) - Born: April 9, 1972, Chicago, USA. Played for Team USA in the ICC Americas tournament in Argentina in 2002.

Zamin Amin - Born: April 4, 1963, Berbice, Guyana. Played for USA in West Indies Cricket Board [WICB] tournaments and in ICC tournaments in Netherlands 1990, Kenya 1994 and Malaysia in 1997.

Rohan Alexander - Born: February 20, 1973, Jamaica. W.I. Played for USA in the West Indies Cricket Board [WICB] Red Stripe Bowl Tournament in 1998/99 and ICC Trophy Tournament in Canada, 2001.

Clayton B. Lambert - Born: February 10, 1962, Guyana, W.I. No tournaments played for USA listed

Steve J. Massiah - Born: June 21, 1979, Guyana Played for USA in the WICB Red Stripe Bowl tournament, Jamaica in 1998/99 and USA A in Malaysia in 2001.

Jignesh Desai - Born: April 18, 1974 (place of birth not listed) Played for USA A in Malaysia in 2001.

Rahul Kukreti Wicket Keeper - Born: August 2, 1976, India Played for USA A in Malaysia in 2001.

Howard R. Johnson - Born: August 16, 1964, Jamaica, W.I. - Played for USA in the ICC Americas Tournament in Argentina in 2002.

Nasir Javed (Charlie) V Captain - Born: June 21, 1966, Lahore, Pakistan. Played for USA in West Indies Cricket Board [WICB] Red Stripe Bowl tournament, 1998/99 in Jamaica and in ICC tournament in Canada in 2001 and Argentina in 2002.

Donovan Blake - Born: December 4, 1961, Jamaica W.I. Played for USA in the ICC Americas tournament in Argentina in 2002.

Mohammad Waseem A. Khan (WK) - Born: August 31, 1972, Karachi, Pakistan

P.S. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see the next ICC trophy with likes of Jimmy Adams, Carl Hooper and a few others are in USA squad! what a joke! Seems like ICC is trying to bring cricket to US only out of the commercial interest. Hardly does anyone know cricket in the US.

Should ICC not be encouraging the likes of Holland, Nepal, etc because real locals are getting interested there and not just immigrants?

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Navarene]

billah
March 6, 2004, 03:58 PM
Could this be a perfect solution for us? Ronji is loaded with top players making much less money than they would make in BD.:D

AsifTheManRahman
March 6, 2004, 06:00 PM
Couple of guys over 40 yrs of age...
Scotland couldnt beat a bunch of buiras?

Hah...bloody losers...:lol::lol::lol:

fwullah
March 6, 2004, 11:51 PM

Don't laugh, we lost to a Canada team that had most of their players of 30 years of age; and our team had players of 22/23 years of age, at least on paper.

sage
March 7, 2004, 02:13 AM
US is importing cricketer. Once they get in they will be very good very soon. They are now very good in soccar. They are play soccar for short time.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by sage]

James90
March 7, 2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by fwullah

Don't laugh, we lost to a Canada team that had most of their players of 30 years of age; and our team had players of 22/23 years of age, at least on paper.

Top End Tour, Most of the Australians were over 30, most of the Bangladeshis were in their young 20s. Does that mean Bangladesh were the better team and should have won?