PDA

View Full Version : International standard Coverage from Channel 9!!!

FzoBD
February 10, 2012, 01:01 PM
It was first time that any local channel televised an international standard coverage of a domestic cricket match! They did a great job I must say. Except that idiotic Indian host even the commentary panel looked decent enough!

Although they invested on bringing foreign technicians and expertise for telecasting the matches, it was great start for this Bangladeshi channel! Hopefully they will telecast our other domestic games in the future as well.

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah the coverage was awesome for a local channel. Kudos Channel 9! Or as a wise bilingual Bangladeshi man once said, "Tomake Quddus janai Channel 9!"

FzoBD
February 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
hahaha...I expected sth like ATN Bangla! So I was really impressed by their coverage!

idrinkh2O
February 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
Good job,Channel 9! :bravo:...don't wanna see that chick (Sheena Chohan) though.

Dhakablues
February 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah but you know sometimes that little drop of lemon that spoils everthing.. gladly she was a miniscule part of the otherwise great cricket coverage; they carefully avoided showing the empty stands!!

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2012, 01:21 PM
She uttered a sentence in Hindi on air and should really be reprimanded for that. This isn't India, so go bleep yourself. No one cares that you're Indian and that you're excited to see a fellow Indian - this is a Bangladeshi show with an international audience and TV crew, it has nothing to do with India and Hindi has no place here.

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2012, 01:24 PM
And for that matter, there are plenty of bimbos without the slightest knowledge of the game in Bangladesh - no need to get Indian imports.

FagunerAgun
February 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
As a cricket nation, we are growing and flourishing fast.
Today, we have everything, channels, BPL, and world's attention.

Dilscoop
February 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
I thought it was very yellow, dark and very Indian. 2/10

I thought ESPN was taking over?

Ajfar
February 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
^ dude during PCL broadcast ATN cameraman couldn't even find the bowl in the air. Also while they were too busy showing replay they would miss actual delivery. Comparing to that Channel 9 did one heck of a job.

Shubho
February 10, 2012, 05:04 PM
I thought it was very yellow, dark and very Indian. 2/10

I thought ESPN was taking over?

Yellow and dark? Surely yellow is a bright colour, no?

simon
February 10, 2012, 05:05 PM
She uttered a sentence in Hindi on air and should really be reprimanded for that. This isn't India, so go bleep yourself. No one cares that you're Indian and that you're excited to see a fellow Indian - this is a Bangladeshi show with an international audience and TV crew, it has nothing to do with India and Hindi has no place here.

ekhon jodi keo ghora diya haal chash korate chay dosh to ar ghorar na.
tell this to the organizers or who ever responsible for such crappy show.

Dilscoop
February 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Yellow and dark? Surely yellow is a bright colour, no?
By yellow, I mean the contrast.

Mahir
February 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
Channel 9 set a decent standard for future attempts by local channel at producing any sports event, but we got to keep in mind that Game On Sports has a big hand behind anything that has to do with BPL. Like it or not, I strongly doubt that our Bangladeshi organizers by themselves would be able to pull off anything of international standard. BPL is on its way to becoming a hit, and if its here to stay, then we'll see a lot of improvements (presentation, media, marketing) on a season to season basis, just like the IPL.

Dilscoop
February 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
^ dude during PCL broadcast ATN cameraman couldn't even find the bowl in the air. Also while they were too busy showing replay they would miss actual delivery. Comparing to that Channel 9 did one heck of a job.

I watched 2 overs, both the times they forgot to cut to commercials. When they remembered they went to commercial while the bowler was running in!

By Bangladeshi standards it was good, but we the title says "International" and by International, it felt like I was watching a cell phone video. Hell, even compared to the little mini box streaming on ESPN3, it sucked.

You guys are giving them way more credit then it deserves.

Dhakablues
February 10, 2012, 05:54 PM
Well, they pretty much followed the overtly commercial model of IPL where sponsors are deemed as Gods; We arent used to this because most of the time when we saw Bangladesh matches, they were relatively commercial free compared to NEO, Star etc. Channel9 camera work was upto par but certainly they will get better as they progress.

The owner of this channel is Enayet Bappi.. who started and later quit NTV

ma_o_mati
February 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
best part was the lungi commercial..

aram ayesher shongi
amanat shah lungi...

lol

Tmahmud
February 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
Good job,Channel 9! :bravo:...don't wanna see that chick (Sheena Chohan) though.

Ekebaare moner kotha bollen bhai. She said 'Nomoshkar' when getting back live after one commercial break...'Shubho Shondha' bolleo toh parto...

Tmahmud
February 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
best part was the lungi commercial..

aram ayesher shongi
amanat shah lungi...

lol

Hahaha..imagine bearing with this in loop for the next 19 days...

i_1_primeval_man
February 10, 2012, 09:56 PM

Amen to that. Please, please get rid of her ASAP. Sajeda would've done a much better job. I want Sajeda back.

shakibrulz
February 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
It was okay, could've been better though. Get rid of Shamim and Arun for godssake

Rabz
February 11, 2012, 12:02 AM
Channel 9 has done good so far.
International standard it is.
I also thought it was arranged by Game On and they took assistance from ESPN/Star Sports likewise.

With the host and few others, its unfortunately, but not really their fault. Sometimes their greetings or language comes naturally.
The directive have to come from our side.
BCB needs to step in with authority and correct few mistakes or give directions what to say or what not to say.
Personally, I dont mind a bunch of indians running the show this year.
Our top priority should be making this a successful tournament, both on and off the field.
What Channel 9 needs to do is to bring in couple of local folks to learn the tricks of the trade and hopefully from next year on, we can have a better presence in the media outlet.

Murad
February 11, 2012, 12:21 AM
I watched 2 overs, both the times they forgot to cut to commercials. When they remembered they went to commercial while the bowler was running in!

By Bangladeshi standards it was good, but we the title says "International" and by International, it felt like I was watching a cell phone video. Hell, even compared to the little mini box streaming on ESPN3, it sucked.

You guys are giving them way more credit then it deserves.

In IPL, there is an ad between every deliveries.

Zeeshan
February 11, 2012, 12:27 AM
Tough crowd this Dil man.

But yes, credit must be given where it's due. We are not talking about the atrocious ads rather broadcast in general and it was of first-class quality.

patriot
February 11, 2012, 12:48 AM
They need to get rid of that Indian female . She relates every incident to IPL and knows jack about cricket.

F6_Turbo
February 11, 2012, 01:22 AM
Tough crowd in here. I thought the coverage was decent - it will improve as the tournament goes on, and subsequent editions of this tournament. Hopefully the local Channel 9 crew + other channels will learn a few things from the international techies.

Think positive people, and this is coming from someone who is an eternal pessimist.

F6_Turbo
February 11, 2012, 01:27 AM
The owner of this channel is Enayet Bappi.. who started and later quit NTV

He owns a minority stake.

The channel belongs to Syed Shafayetul Islam - brother of AL Gen Sec Syed Ashraf and son of Syed Nazrul Islam( he of independence era fame)

Razi
February 11, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cut some slack Dillu, it was really of international standard, far better than Neo who covers ours and India's international matches at home. The best part was the graphic designs and scorecard layouts, the color combinations in the scorecard and it's layout looked brilliant, I liked how they summed up everything nicely in the scorecard at the bottom of the screen with two layers. The camera work was pretty good too and nowhere did I find anything yellow or dark. Stop whining like a cry baby just because a Bangladeshi channel broadcasted it and you have to find something wrong for the sake of it, give credit where it is due.

Zunaid
February 11, 2012, 02:21 AM
Well said Razi. I was quite impressed at the quality, particularly the camera work.

Dilscoop
February 11, 2012, 02:45 AM
Funny (or unfunny) how I disliked the scoreboard graphics the most. It's way too busy. I watch cricket on Skysports/Ch 9 (real Ch9 Aus) all the time and compared to their tidy boards, it was very 'habit-jabi.' I NEVER watch cricket on any of the Indian ch, because they are shitty. So if you are comparing it to those ch, then we are on 2 different planes.

You guys always make me sound like this "harsh dude," but it's not like that at all. It is what it is. I've no problem appreciating good things, IF they are indeed good.

Mahir
February 11, 2012, 02:53 AM
You guys always make me sound like this "harsh dude," but it's not like that at all. It is what it is. I've no problem appreciating good things, IF they are indeed good.

It's about expectation management. You can't realistically hope to go from nothing to everything in one shot. There's gotta be something in between.

betaar
February 11, 2012, 10:34 AM
I'm watching BPL for the first time and I must say broadcast is pretty good. But from the onset the whole thing gives you the impression of an Indian byproduct. From the commentators to the irritating host......
As far as judging the quality, we shouldn't be comparing it with world's best as yet since it's a start up. But can't blame Dilscoop here as we are often plagued by this tendency of comparing Bangladesh, a third world country, with the first world as we find ourselves either living there or surrounded by their products.

lamisa
February 11, 2012, 11:17 AM
i am sure they have got help from espn/star cricket. the cameramen surely are't channel 9's cameramen. overall, decent job

al Furqaan
February 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
Well said Razi. I was quite impressed at the quality, particularly the camera work.

Camera work was no different than Nimbus' work during our internationals. Right up there with Sky's quality of work for England home games. Commentary panel is also no worse than Nimbus. Overall, very good job.

MohammedC
February 11, 2012, 11:35 AM
I thought today's was bit better than yesterday. Just dont like the massive "Channel 9" on the right.

shakibrulz
February 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
The scorecard got messed up a few times though. Camerawork is fine - nothing to complain about there.

Rifat H
February 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
Satisfied so far !

Dilscoop
February 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
http://s19.postimage.org/mqkb818tf/image.jpg

I never expected them to this good. But this is just an example. It's clean and tidy, easy to the eyes.

Night_wolf
February 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
^2 takar camera nia mia tumi sony cannon picture quality chao...ja paiteso tate sontusto thako

revolver
February 12, 2012, 06:32 AM
sky sports quality is the best in the world. Anyways channel 9 are not doing bad

tiger_army
February 13, 2012, 07:09 AM
http://s19.postimage.org/mqkb818tf/image.jpg

I never expected them to this good. But this is just an example. It's clean and tidy, easy to the eyes.
0K you cant compare deshi channel 9 against the original channel 9 broadcast...The original channel 9 use the best cameras around the globe... they use hot spot, hawk eye, snikko, spider cam etc technology... also they are broadcasting these for last 26 years and every years they are improving and bringing new things. this is cn 9's first year. please give them some time and appreciate their hard work.

Naimul_Hd
February 13, 2012, 07:21 AM
Tough crowd in here. I thought the coverage was decent - it will improve as the tournament goes on, and subsequent editions of this tournament. Hopefully the local Channel 9 crew + other channels will learn a few things from the international techies.

Think positive people, and this is coming from someone who is an eternal pessimist.

Some peeps are never satisfied, does not matter how hard you try. Better leave them alone whining at everything- they find it 'cool' (!?) !

lamisa
February 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
ignore dilu guys, he is a pessimist!

Shubho
February 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
Channel 9's been doing all right from what I can tell. They should try and improve with each successive season, but this has been a great start.

Dilscoop
February 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
0K you cant compare deshi channel 9 against the original channel 9 broadcast...The original channel 9 use the best cameras around the globe... they use hot spot, hawk eye, snikko, spider cam etc technology... also they are broadcasting these for last 26 years and every years they are improving and bringing new things. this is cn 9's first year. please give them some time and appreciate their hard work.

Clearly you just saw the pic and thought I was comparing the best in the world with a noob. But if you actually read what it says underneath the picture, then you will realize I wasn't comparing. Nor did I expected them to be this HQ. I used it as an example, instead of another shity one like IPL, like many of you guys are.

SMHasan
February 16, 2012, 03:53 AM
People, it's Talking Pictures who is pproducing it for channel nine and ESPNSTAR bought the rights from channel9. No one in Bangladesh can do a match pproduction yet, we have the technology but we don't have the trained manpower to do so. here is the link http://netindian.in/news/2012/02/13/00018747/model-actress-sheena-chohan-be-face-bangladesh-premier-league-2012 I searched for talking pictures but got found only one link.