PDA

View Full Version : A Modest Proposal

capslock
March 6, 2004, 10:01 PM
Let's fire all our worthless 'National Team' players and replace them with our Under 19 side. Hell, it's not like they'll have a worse record than our national team. And they're young enough where they might actually learn from their mistakes.

Hasib
March 7, 2004, 04:51 AM
Wat about those who r in form?!!! Besides the younger players have a LOT to learn!!!

capslock
March 7, 2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Hasib
Wat about those who r in form?!!!

And who would those be?

Besides the younger players have a LOT to learn!!!

And the older players don't?

Shafi
March 7, 2004, 10:55 AM
And they're young enough where they might actually learn from their mistakes.

There are some younger players in the national team as well. And among the seniors there are HABIBUL BASHAR , KHALED MASHUD, MUSHFIQUR RAHMAN..

DO YOU STILL WANT THEM SHOT?

Kalbaisakhi
March 7, 2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by capslock
Let's fire all our worthless 'National Team' players and replace them with our Under 19 side. Hell, it's not like they'll have a worse record than our national team. And they're young enough where they might actually learn from their mistakes.

Many Bd playerr are now in great form.Such as \rajin Mushfiq,Khaled Mashud,Rana Do u propose to keep away them ffrom BD team???????
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

reinausagi
March 7, 2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by capslock

An overreaction fueled by continual failures by the seniors, no doubt. A more sensible course of action would be, to gradually introduce Nafis Iqbal (opener), Enamul Jr. (Spinner) and likem to the senior team, while challenging the respective seniors to hold on to their spot by vitue of their on-field performance.

And let us not forget another bright prospect: the pacer Shahadat. I struggle not to regurgitate my breakfast burrittos evry month when brother Mudasser comes up with another sensational pace find as fast or faster than Shoaib and Sami. These Hati mar-be or ghora mar-be lads are yet to deliver though. So, watch out world! Here comes the Narayanganjo express. He's under 19, and FASTER than the legendary Khaled Mahmud!:wow:

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by reinausagi]

Kalbaisakhi
March 8, 2004, 03:49 AM
But u see that Bd did not play bad in recent matches(except English tour in BD).We have Rajin,Rana,Mushfiq, Rafiq, Khaled Mashud in form and we also know the capacity of Habibul Bsher and also our 2 openenr so y we need under19 player at this time.But i dont say that they(under 19 players) are bad but they need to earn more experience and more practice to enter the world class level.But in this stage I name many players from under 19.Such as enamul,sahadat,Nafis etc.They able to play against any world class team.But at first they need to play more for Under 19 team or Bd A team so that they can be familiar with many pitch and also many players.And also do practice for long.

And i think our coaches should give chance tham after 2/3 years later in our national team.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Orpheus
March 8, 2004, 04:04 AM
And let us not forget another bright prospect: the pacer Shahadat. I struggle not to regurgitate my breakfast burrittos evry month when brother Mudasser comes up with another sensational pace find as fast or faster than Shoaib and Sami. These Hati mar-be or ghora mar-be lads are yet to deliver though. So, watch out world! Here comes the Narayanganjo express. He's under 19, and FASTER than the legendary Khaled Mahmud!

HAHA :fire:

Piranha
March 8, 2004, 01:47 PM
We have already tried this experiment. Remember the squad in WC 2003? Several commentators mentioned that we were the youngest side in the tournament. If you compare the previous world cup team with the 99 team you will see some major differences. (its not as drastic as youir modest proposal ; its its big nonetheless).

Compare

WC 99 team vs Pakistan

Shahriar Hossain
Mehrab Hossain
Akram Khan
*Aminul Islam
Naimur Rahman
Minhajul Abedin
Khaled Mahmud
+Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique
Niamur Rashid