PDA

View Full Version : Your view on Man of the Match

MohammedC
February 13, 2012, 06:39 PM
Khulna Royal Bengals vs Barisal Burners

Shafiul got both wicket that could make a major difference. 8 to 9 overs of Chris Gayle means chasing a big total. Shafiul deserves the MoM. This mentality of batsmen getting all the MoM is discouraging for any bowlers.

Dhaka Gladiators vs Chittagong Kings

Elias Sunny's 3/17 was the key. Another one went to the batsmen.

Banglaguy
February 13, 2012, 06:46 PM
It does go to show that cricket, and especially T20 cricket, is a batsmen's game.

Equinox
February 13, 2012, 06:54 PM
I think in these particular instances the decisions are justified, however, in general, I do agree that batsmen are favoured for MoMs more than bowlers. Pollard definitely deserves the MoM for his innings. When he came out to bat the match was in the balance, perhaps even tilted towards Chittagong, but he turned it around along with Stevens and remained unbeaten. The first match is more debatable. Had Shafiul not removed the opening duo it wouldn't be wrong to say that perhaps the outcome of the match itself would have been different. But in general a 50 is rated higher than a 2 wicket haul. But then again with the sheer weight associated with the two wickets that Shafiul picked up it can be argued that his was the match-winning performance. It's a 50-50 call and since I didn't watch the match I won't be making it. :)

Raynman
February 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
If I recall, ICC has passed a resolution specifically that Shafiul could never be awarded MoM, right before the WC. That was the reason Tamim and Imrul enjoyed their prizes against IRE and ENG respectively.

MohammedC
February 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
If I recall, ICC has passed a resolution specifically that Shafiul could never be awarded MoM, right before the WC. That was the reason Tamim and Imrul enjoyed their prizes against IRE and ENG respectively.

Who could forget ?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6IxXgWiy8Cs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Equinox
February 13, 2012, 07:05 PM
^I still can't believe Shafiul didn't get MoM for that match.

idrinkh2O
February 13, 2012, 07:33 PM

I think so too...and BPL adopted the resolution as well. Poor Shafiul :( He deserved to get the MOM awards in all three games (IRE, ENG, BPL Match no. 7)

Zunaid
February 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
Hmmm....

How about we in BC declare our own man of the match? After each day's game, we will vote on our Men of the Matches and we can create a sticky thread to recognize OUR choice.

MohammedC
February 13, 2012, 08:00 PM
Hmmm....

How about we in BC declare our own man of the match? After each day's game, we will vote on our Men of the Matches and we can create a sticky thread to recognize OUR choice.

Good idea. Would that be under one thread for the whole tournament or separate one for each match.

On a serious note I would like to hear/read coach Ian Ponts view on this topic. General view about bowlers always getting over looked when it comes to MoM.

Zunaid
February 13, 2012, 08:03 PM
Good idea. Would that be under one thread for the whole tournament or separate one for each match.

Whatever works. Perhaps, we open a thread to vote per game but we have one sticky - 'Today's MOM' where we we add one post per MOM per match.

Rabz
February 13, 2012, 11:24 PM
So, who gets the fantasy point ?? :p
Ours or the official one ??

Zunaid
February 13, 2012, 11:26 PM
So, who gets the fantasy point ?? :p
Ours or the official one ??

Ours! :)

idrinkh2O
February 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
I thought Gayle deserved to get the MOM today (Match # 10) not Azhar Mahmood.

Rifat H
February 14, 2012, 12:18 PM
Gayle did not get MOM ??!!! I think both Azhar and Gayle deserved it

Tigers_eye
February 14, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ours! :)
Not that I would complain cause I do have Gayle and another 100 would be just the icing.

I am sure some would try to find the fine prints in the first post of that thread. (Hint: Doc ekhono time asey taratari edit koren)

Tigers_eye
February 14, 2012, 12:32 PM
Biased aside:
100 in 20 over match is unthinkable for BD players. It is similar to 170ish in ODIs and 250 in Test for them.

Gayle should have gotten that one. May be joint MoM. BPL'er onek poisha asey.

MohammedC
February 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
No question about Marlon Samuels contribution and well deserved MoM.

As for second match I will give it to Azhar as he has contributed with both bat and ball. Gayle should only get it if he won the match.

What's the point of scoring a century if your team ends up in loosing side.

lamisa
February 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
ishshshsh, shafiul ALWAYS misses out :(

MohammedC
February 15, 2012, 10:28 AM
Riyad robbed it from Zia in CTG vs SYL match

AsifTheManRahman
February 15, 2012, 11:02 AM
Should have been Mushy, not Shahzab. Greatest MoM FAIL ever.

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
Should have been Mushy, not Shahzab. Greatest MoM FAIL ever.
Mushy did win it. Shahzaib just thought he had when he was being interviewed.

AsifTheManRahman
February 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Oh, I just saw Shahzab's name on Cricinfo. So Cricinfo FAIL. I FAIL too. No actually, I get 100 fantasy points. :D

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
^Yeah Cricinfo still showing Shahzaib won it. But Mushy actually got it. I saw the presentation. I want my 100 FL points.
http://digicricket.marssil.com/match/MatchData.aspx?op=2&match=174

And regarding the earlier match who is going to get the 100 points for FL? Riyad or Zia. Riyad won it officially and rightfully imo.

AsifTheManRahman
February 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
Should be RIyad, he's the official MoM.

MohammedC
February 15, 2012, 11:28 AM
Should be RIyad, he's the official MoM.

Should be Riad but only beacuse of he scored 50 and hit the last 6. If Zia scored another 4 runs, then it would have been different case.

Thats why I said earlier "Riyad roobed it from Zia" not the official

oronnya
February 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
For me Shakib was MOM for his all round performance and he might very well had won it if he was on the winning side.. nevertheless Mushy deserves it for taking his team towards victory:applause::applause:

AsifTheManRahman
February 15, 2012, 12:59 PM
Shakib can't possibly have been the MoM when he let Mushy steal the game away.

simon
February 15, 2012, 01:45 PM
Mushy came in when the team was under pressure so did Sakib but Mushy is the winning captain with a match winning knock, so Mushy deserved it more despite of Sak's all round performance

Navo
February 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
Even though Shakib is my favorite deshi player, I have to say that Mushy deserves the MOM in this match. As Simon bhai said, he came out to bat in a similarly pressurized situation and was able to take his team to victory and remain not out in the process. The fact that under his captaincy DR were able to keep KRB to a low total is also testament to his abilities - especially given how poor DR have been in the field previously.

Plus, friendly competition between our players can only be good for our national team. Shakib would not like to go through the BPL without picking up a single MOM!

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
Shahizab Hasan should have gotten it. First match and a 50+ score and basically won it for the Rajshahi when the other end was crumbling.

MohammedC
February 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
Shahizab Hasan should have gotten it. First match and a 50+ score and basically won it for the Rajshahi when the other end was crumbling.

Agreed 100%

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
^Not really. Game was in the balance when Mushy came in and his innings swung the match decisively towards DR and he stayed there till the very end to ensure his team won. Those who watched the match will see the difference in fluency between Mushy's batting and Shahzaib's batting. Many times Mushy called for two but they ended up with one because the bhotka could not keep up with Mushy. Mushy finally lost it in the end and shouted at him. And Mushy could've easily got a 50 had he wanted to but his focus was on ensuring victory for his team.

oronnya
February 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
Even though Shakib is my favorite deshi player, I have to say that Mushy deserves the MOM in this match. As Simon bhai said, he came out to bat in a similarly pressurized situation and was able to take his team to victory and remain not out in the process. The fact that under his captaincy DR were able to keep KRB to a low total is also testament to his abilities - especially given how poor DR have been in the field previously.

Plus, friendly competition between our players can only be good for our national team. Shakib would not like to go through the BPL without picking up a single MOM!

Of course Mushy deserves it more as he helped his team win.. but I don't think Mushy came in the same situation where Shakib came in.. Shakib came in a very critical situation. If I remember it correctly he came in almost around 8th or 9th over and all the big names of his team was already back in the pavillion and they only managed something around 50 ... that is a hell of a pressure situation than Mushy coming in at 3/60 and that too in 7th over... Zunayed already gave DR a great start so run rate was under control so what mushy had to do is play out the overs and score runs and he had a good partner in Shahzaib Hasan who had a SR of 113.. whereas Shakib's partner Nasir had a SR of 80 or so... Shakib didn't get a good partner who can hit .. Mushy deserves it but I won't take away the credit that Shakib deserves.. he got 2 cruical wicket too.. none other bowlers supported him...

Anyways at the end it's the win that matters and Mushy wins :)

MohammedC
February 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Mo Sami should have been the MoM

Nadim
February 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mo Sami should have been the MoM

Didn't he got it?? If not, wtf is this ??? Who picks the mom??Shamim/lal?? Them I'm not surprised. Stupid

MohammedC
February 16, 2012, 12:37 PM
Didn't he got it?? If not, wtf is this ??? Who picks the mom??Shamim/lal?? Them I'm not surprised. Stupid

Marlon Samuels got it

Rifat H
February 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
^^ Dont agree . Samuels scored a valuable 36 and his bowling figure was 4-23-1. Samuels also bowled in the powerplay and i think the 18th over.On the other hand Sami's bowling figure was 4-23-3 and he got a hatrick in the last over when DG needed 21 in 1 over . Any bowler should defend 21 in 1 over and he got the hatrick when batsmen were pretty much slogging at every thing

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
A hattrick is rare in any format. But that came when the other team was desparate with the match almost in the bag. Samuels did score the highest runs and took the most crucial wicket of Pollard.

Throughout the match (39 overs) Samuels was better than Sami except the last over. I can't fault the judges.

F6_Turbo
February 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
No Sami not getting it was fair enough....

his hat trick was superb, but the match was sealed by Razzaq the over before. Sami came in with Dhaka needing 21 from 6, just about impossible. His feat was great, but in terms of influence on the match, I think Samuels was fair enough.

Sami - 3/23 from 4
Samuels - 36 runs(top scorer) + 1/23 from his 4 overs - the wicket being Pollard.

EDIT: - Tigers_eye :lol: I was too slow.

MohammedC
February 16, 2012, 12:42 PM
Its a batsman's world

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
EDIT: - Tigers_eye :lol: I was too slow.
Nitrus turbo lagbey, hahaha!! In the late 80's and early 90's there was a nintendo car racing game where we use to use nitrus to speed up. Them college days were awesome.