PDA

View Full Version : Moments of the BPL

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mushfiq vs. Shakib

Duronto Rajshahi v Khulna Royal Bengals

One of the best moments of the tournament so far. Both on the top of their game. Mushfiq came out on top and totally bossed Shakib. Two outstanding shots. Plus Mushy also won the captaincy duel.

Mahir
February 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
:up: Knew this thread would get opened :)

adding to the list:

Shafiul giving Junaid the stare (loving these little battles and all the competitiveness between our local boys)

mufi_02
February 15, 2012, 11:05 AM
Any videos of Shak vs Mushy and Shaf vs JS?

Rifat H
February 15, 2012, 11:08 AM
Another one was when Bravo got Samuels wicket in the 2nd match of BPL, Bravo was very animated that time bcoz samuels hits him for a six in the previous ball

Fawad Alam's catch was also one very good moment ,the catch changed the whole match and what a catch that was!!!!!

MarufH
February 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Here are few Moments of the BPL

Elias Sunny claimed 3 for 17, Chittagong Kings v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 13, 2012

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/142400/142468.jpg

Anamul Haque hits down the ground, Dhaka Gladiators v Sylhet Royals, BPL 2012, Mirpur, February 12, 2012

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/142400/142435.jpg

Chris Gayle on his way to a second BPL century, Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 14, 2012

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/142500/142522.jpg

Kieron Pollard hits one of five sixes in 15 balls, Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 14, 2012

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/142500/142521.jpg

Mashrafe Makes a come back!!

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/142300/142375.jpg

Azhar Mahmood made 77 and Imran Nazir 58 for Dhaka, Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators, Bangladesh Premier League, Mirpur, February 14, 2012

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/142500/142520.jpg

Historic Bidding

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/141500/141555.jpg

Rupee Man

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/141500/141545.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/f20rbq.jpg

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
Another one was when Bravo got Samuels wicket in the 2nd match of BPL, Bravo was very animated that time bcoz samuels hits him for a six in the previous ball

Fawad Alam's catch was also one very good moment ,the catch changed the whole match and what a catch that was!!!!!
+1 on the Bravo and Samuels battle. Samuels hit Bravo for a six straight down the ground and Bravo got him the very next ball and gave him a grand send-off.

There was also a moment between Naeem and Elias Sunny. Naeem smacked Sunny down the ground for a single and said something to Sunny and Sunny responded: "chup kotha bolbi na." Next ball Naeem went back on strike and smashed in the air but straight into the hands of the fielder.

Mahir
February 15, 2012, 12:00 PM
Just to add to the Mushy vs Shak moment:

Mushfiq bossing Shakib to turn the game decidedly in Rajshahi's favour was epic. Two orgasmic shots: an inside-out loft to the extra-cover boundary and a swivel to the mid-wicket fence. It was as if Mushy was telling Shak that you might be the world's no. 1 all-rounder, but I am your captain. Pure class.

Equinox, did I say that this is my fav thread in the BPL forum ? :-D

HereWeGo
February 15, 2012, 12:12 PM

Mushfiq bossing Shakib to turn the game decidedly in Rajshahi's favour was epic. Two orgasmic shots: an inside-out loft to the extra-cover boundary and a swivel to the mid-wicket fence. It was as if Mushy was telling Shak that you might be the world's no. 1 all-rounder, but I am your captain. Pure class.

Never underestimate Shakib, he will come back for the next game between the two sides and will have the better of Mush!!! mark my word...

Mahir
February 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
Never underestimate Shakib, he will come back for the next game between the two sides and will have the better of Mush!!! mark my word...

I don't think anyone in their right mind underestimates Shakib. Today's case was simply that of one good cricketer getting the better of another good cricketer. Nothing hostile, bro :)

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 12:48 PM

Thanks but my favourite is the fantasy league thread. ;)

It was indeed a very intense battle. You could sense how badly both Shakib and Mushfiq wanted to win over the other by the their reactions in crucial passages of the match. First time I saw Mushy lose his cool as well when Shahzaib failed to return for the second run. It only added to the contest. Hope we get to witness it again.

oronnya
February 15, 2012, 12:49 PM
Mushfiq vs. Shakib

Duronto Rajshahi v Khulna Royal Bengals

One of the best moments of the tournament so far. Both on the top of their game. Mushfiq came out on top and totally bossed Shakib. Two outstanding shots. Plus Mushy also won the captaincy duel.

And that was in the over after Shakib got injured and the match was already slipping out of their hand.. Mushy didn't have anything to lose so he went for every ball.. I love Mushy and I am happy that he got MOM but Shakib still remains on top .. just look at what he did for his team.. the highest score and the highest wickets taken by him for his team in today's match... I just feel bad for this boy.. the day when he plays exceptionally well his team lets him down :( ... had KRB won the match Shakib would have been the MOM!! anyways congrats to Sushy-Mushy !!!

simon
February 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
HAHA, no wonder why it took so much time to have a thread like this as until today this league was dominated by overseas players. :)

Anyway, so far the moment for me is the Mushy-Sakib encounter & Dhaka win vs Ghayel, also Mash yelling at Rubel :p

Dhakablues
February 15, 2012, 01:57 PM
I still can't get over the Gayle storm moments to think of any other ones!! The mini is how Riad is really becoming the honest to his talents!!

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
And that was in the over after Shakib got injured and the match was already slipping out of their hand.. Mushy didn't have anything to lose so he went for every ball.. I love Mushy and I am happy that he got MOM but Shakib still remains on top .. just look at what he did for his team.. the highest score and the highest wickets taken by him for his team in today's match... I just feel bad for this boy.. the day when he plays exceptionally well his team lets him down :( ... had KRB won the match Shakib would have been the MOM!! anyways congrats to Sushy-Mushy !!!
Top post and thank you since I didn't watch the game.

Hope the injury is nothing serious. I haven't seen anyone with Shakib's demeanor at such an early age. From the day he was in the National squad he wasn't afraid to face the Intl sides. No matter what Mushi does, soon his seat will be on fire. Here comes Anamul.

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 03:32 PM
Top post and thank you since I didn't watch the game.

Hope the injury is nothing serious. I haven't seen anyone with Shakib's demeanor at such an early age. From the day he was in the National squad he wasn't afraid to face the Intl sides. No matter what Mushi does, soon his seat will be on fire. Here comes Anamul.
Where? I can't see him.

Anamul Haque: 59 runs SR: 101.72 (4 innings)

Mushfiqur Rahim: 102 runs SR: 130.76 (4 innings)

Tigers_eye
February 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
Where? I can't see him.

Anamul Haque: 59 runs SR: 101.72 (4 innings)

Mushfiqur Rahim: 102 runs SR: 130.76 (4 innings)
One is opening, the other 2nd down. However, soon you will see. Mushi was pushed in to the fire, when he wasn't ready. The standard was Pilot. Challeging that with the board's help was easy picking.

Anamul, on the other hand, is with right people, getting the right type of guidance. He would push Mushi no doubt.

Nadim
February 15, 2012, 05:03 PM
Celebration of Arafat Sunny after picking up Azahar and Nazir vs DG:)

Equinox
February 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
One is opening, the other 2nd down. However, soon you will see. Mushi was pushed in to the fire, when he wasn't ready. The standard was Pilot. Challeging that with the board's help was easy picking.

Anamul, on the other hand, is with right people, getting the right type of guidance. He would push Mushi no doubt.
How does that matter in a T20? And besides Anamul only opened in one match. With the fielding restriction his SR should be higher, but instead Mushy's is way higher. I like Anamul too but he has a long way to go. Mushy is one of the best batsmen in the country right now. Anamul can come in and keep straightaway but you'd have to accept a passenger with the bat which we can't afford. Anyways we're drifting off topic. :)

zsayeed
February 15, 2012, 05:39 PM
BD bowlers are better than the batsmen in this league.
http://digicricket.marssil.com/match/MatchData.aspx?op=5&match=174

AsifTheManRahman
February 15, 2012, 05:41 PM
How does that matter in a T20? And besides Anamul only opened in one match. With the fielding restriction his SR should be higher, but instead Mushy's is way higher. I like Anamul too but he has a long way to go. Mushy is one of the best batsmen in the country right now. Anamul can come in and keep straightaway but you'd have to accept a passenger with the bat which we can't afford. Anyways we're drifting off topic. :)
I agree, Anamul looks decent but it will take him a while to be national team worthy. As of now, he hasn't done anything significant to earn a spot. Now if he does get picked any time soon, then different story, but he might not be successful right away. Mushy on the other hand is in the form of his life and was always going to be the best batsman in the country. You could tell when he was 16 and just beginning to play for Bangladesh. It's only a matter of time before our captain begins to kill bowling careers with the bat.

Rifat H
February 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
^ Agree . Mushy is good against fast bowling but against spin he is the best batsman in BD at the moment . Anamul has long way to go yet

zinatf
February 16, 2012, 12:38 AM
Shakib got injured??? Didn't watch the match...

PoorFan
February 16, 2012, 12:49 AM
Anamul has every possibility to end up being with Ash, Aftab, Alok and gong. Mushi is in different club.

Zunaid
February 16, 2012, 01:17 AM
Anamul has every possibility to end up being with Ash, Aftab, Alok and gong. Mushi is in different club.

is there A jinx? (pun intended)

zinatf
February 16, 2012, 01:19 AM
I hope not....it's been only few matches....he will perform better next time.

Equinox
February 16, 2012, 02:20 PM
Rajshahi's comeback

Sami's hat-trick

The mini-battle between Pollard and Samuels. Samuels had the last laugh.

silversurf
February 17, 2012, 05:04 AM
Who is this girl presenting BPL on Channel 9 ?

Mahir
February 17, 2012, 05:18 AM
The hug Mushy gave to Razzaq at the end of the Khulna match - he wouldn't let go of Razzaq! Such genuine emotions...

Who is this girl presenting BPL on Channel 9 ?

Sheena Chohan - a Kolkata-based model/actress.

Mahir
February 18, 2012, 03:28 AM
Another:

Jayasuriya bullies Trego away to long-on fence for a huge six, and Trego comes back on the next delivery with a scorching yorker to shatter the stumps. Incredible stuff!

Rabz
February 18, 2012, 03:55 AM
^^ That was a massive come back by Trego.
Impressive bowling.

simon
February 18, 2012, 06:25 AM
the last over by Shak vs Sylhet. :fire:

F6_Turbo
February 18, 2012, 06:37 AM
The final 12 deliveries of the Sylhet innings - what a roller coaster ride.

oronnya
February 18, 2012, 06:51 AM
Nothing can beat this last over by Shakib... getting 2 wickets, getting hit for a 6 and with 4 needed off the last ball Shakib was just up for the challenge and he was fantastic:notworthy::notworthy: !!!!

BANFAN
February 18, 2012, 07:06 AM
The Last over of today's match SR vs KRB is definitely a moment to remember... Great contest.

frd
February 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
Sakib kicking shagir after trego's runout appeal.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Razi
February 19, 2012, 02:53 AM

Yeah, I was simply shocked, Shak looked really angry and kicked him pretty hard in the back, don't know the reason for it but Saghir was outstanding there and they also got the wicket, that kick just came out of nowhere!

Rifat H
February 19, 2012, 06:53 AM
^ I was shocked too. Sagir took some time to dislodge the bell but never seen any player kicking another

BANFAN
February 19, 2012, 07:02 AM

What are you saying...? I missed it..

oronnya
February 19, 2012, 07:42 AM

When did that happen??? I missed it... but I don't think that was something serious as both of them were all lovey-dovey, hugging each other by the end of the match !! soo nothing to worry about... Shakib is a tough captain and he will just demand performance and none of them ever complained about it as they have good understanding among themselves !!!

lamisa
February 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
he kichked his keeper?

amar11432
February 19, 2012, 10:02 AM
WTF? Kicking another player? Only in Bangladesh :sigh:

Equinox
February 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah Shakib did kick Sahagir from behind in yesterday's match. I don't think it was anything serious although Sahagir was a bit embarassed in front of everyone. Shakib really struggles with boundaries. Last time I saw something like this was when Akhtar attempted to kick Akmal in the World Cup but I don't think he connected.

Mahir
February 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
If he kicked his keeper, he should be fined heavily for the infraction. Match referee ki Rokibul Hasan naki ?

Tiger444
February 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
Ya he should get fined for that. No matter what you don't resort to physical violence.

Habib
February 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
As it appears, Saghir was also kicked out from the team today. Ironic.

Navo
February 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
People seem to forget that cricket is still a game. Have you not seen players kick/shove each other when you played cricket? Usually it means nothing. It's all about the intention. It's nothing if there was no malice behind it.

AsifTheManRahman
February 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Does anyone have the video footage? No big deal if there was no malice intended.

Habib
February 19, 2012, 11:00 AM
The thing is, Shakib choosing Sahgir over other higher rated wicketkeepers in the auction proves they are good buddies. If the kicking incident were something serious, kaler Lontho/banglanews24 would have had a field day with it :)

BANFAN
February 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
Next big moment of BPL was ... SN getting dropped from the team...:)

Mahir
February 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
People seem to forget that cricket is still a game. Have you not seen players kick/shove each other when you played cricket? Usually it means nothing. It's all about the intention. It's nothing if there was no malice behind it.

That's parar cricket. This is a more professional platform, where you just can't do certain things, like kicking another player. Utterly disrespectful - should have no place in the game.

simon
February 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
The thing is, Shakib choosing Sahgir over other higher rated wicketkeepers in the auction proves they are good buddies. If the kicking incident were something serious, kaler Lontho/banglanews24 would have had a field day with it :)

spot on bro :lol:

oronnya
February 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
This is the moment when Saghir did the stumping off Shakib's bowling.... Shakib hugging Saghir, simply tells you how he appreciated Shaghir's effort !!! You can tell how these boys love Shakib.. just see the winning moment.. They were all over Shakib including Saghir.. So let's just stop making an issue out of nothing!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/404543_10151292475390394_89058995393_22855705_1204 650691_n.jpg

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg201/scaled.php?server=201&filename=87182219.jpg&res=medium

Dilscoop
February 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Someone take that pic ^ and put Rahim in a "thinking bubble" next to Shak's head.

Mahir
February 19, 2012, 06:05 PM
[...] Shakib hugging Saghir, simply tells you how he appreciated Shaghir's effort !!! You can tell how these boys love Shakib.. just see the winning moment.. They were all over Shakib including Saghir.. So let's just stop making an issue out of nothing!!!

We always see bowlers screaming at their fielders when a catch is dropped or the fielding is sloppy and batsmen screaming at their partners when they don't agree on the calls for rbw. Things happen in the heat of the moment when you are out there in the middle, and terms like 'spirit of the game', 'sportsmanship', and match referees exist for a reason. Two players could be the best of buddies and soulmates on and off the field, but a kick is a kick - and repeating myself here - has no place in the game. I don't think Shakib's passion is being questioned here. I personally rate Pavel as the best keeper in Bangladesh, and I am happy that Shakib recognized that he roped Pavel in his team.

Dilscoop
February 19, 2012, 06:29 PM
wait whaaaa!? Shakib kicked his kicker? When? Why? WTH?

Navo
February 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
We always see bowlers screaming at their fielders when a catch is dropped or the fielding is sloppy and batsmen screaming at their partners when they don't agree on the calls for rbw. Things happen in the heat of the moment when you are out there in the middle, and terms like 'spirit of the game', 'sportsmanship', and match referees exist for a reason. Two players could be the best of buddies and soulmates on and off the field, but a kick is a kick - and repeating myself here - has no place in the game. I don't think Shakib's passion is being questioned here. I personally rate Pavel as the best keeper in Bangladesh, and I am happy that Shakib recognized that he roped Pavel in his team.

People used to say the same thing about sledging. Sledging is still a questionable part of the game but it persists nonetheless. If the match referee or the umpires didn't make a big deal out of it, then why are we?

Zeeshan
February 19, 2012, 08:13 PM
Ash self-destructs while swinging other way

lamisa
February 20, 2012, 11:00 AM
yet again, shakib's reaction seemed over the top to me after he got the first wicket today

Mahir
February 20, 2012, 02:42 PM
People used to say the same thing about sledging. Sledging is still a questionable part of the game but it persists nonetheless. If the match referee or the umpires didn't make a big deal out of it, then why are we?

Sledging and kicking a player are two completely different things. You can sledge to your heart's content and do it well within the spirit of the game. You can sledge without directly involving the batsmen in a banter, and there's nothing wrong with that - tests the batsmen's mental strength - which i am sure most of us would agree to be a vital component of the game. On the other hand, I don't know how you can justify a kick - regardless of what/why/how it was done.

Shakib is known to have discipline issues off the field, and if he can keep it off the field, I could care less about it. But the moment you bring it on the field, thats when its a problem. There's a fine line between showing passion and being an indisciplined arrogant, and nobody wants to see your star player cross that line. Kicking a player on the field is not the right message to give to all those who look up to him.

Dilscoop
February 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
What did he do now? yet again, shakib's reaction seemed over the top to me after he got the first wicket today

FagunerAgun
February 20, 2012, 04:39 PM
Seems to me they are good friends.

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
What did he do now?

abar matha gorom korse :( .. amader ashole shobai mile or barir shamne paanir baalti niye hajir howa uchit!! or mathai koek baalti thanda paani dhala dorkar !! Sharakhhon etto matha gorom kore rakhar ki mane... life in a pressure cooker !!! that might be it !!

simon
February 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Danny called Shojib "little Inzi" :D

zinatf
February 21, 2012, 09:07 AM
dhuro! Issues made out of nothing.....tsk...tsk....

KRB Rocks :fire:

lamisa
February 21, 2012, 01:36 PM
Sledging and kicking a player are two completely different things. You can sledge to your heart's content and do it well within the spirit of the game. You can sledge without directly involving the batsmen in a banter, and there's nothing wrong with that - tests the batsmen's mental strength - which i am sure most of us would agree to be a vital component of the game. On the other hand, I don't know how you can justify a kick - regardless of what/why/how it was done.

Shakib is known to have discipline issues off the field, and if he can keep it off the field, I could care less about it. But the moment you bring it on the field, thats when its a problem. There's a fine line between showing passion and being an indisciplined arrogant, and nobody wants to see your star player cross that line. Kicking a player on the field is not the right message to give to all those who look up to him.

:up::clap:

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Shakib = player

Shakib performs => KRB wins

Shakib performs => Bangladesh wins

Shakib != your husband

Shakib != your dulabhai

Shakib != the man your kids should grow up idolizing as far as behavioral matters are concerned

Yes, many feel that sports icons are obliged to display exemplary behavior when it comes to matters outside of sports. I don't know who is right or wrong (just kidding, I know I'm right), but I believe otherwise. Sportsmen and sportswomen are humans first and are free to choose how they lead their lives, interact with people in their surroundings and respond to stressful situations. Your kids are your responsibility and it's up to you to teach them how you want them to behave in public. Shakib isn't your kid's father (or at least I hope, for your sake, that he isn't) and shouldn't have to curb his habits because they might screw up your child for good because you aren't the kind of parent you want to be.

If you really need a personality to look up to, go find that in your teachers, girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, parents, kids. Let a sport icon be what he is - someone who plays and wins.

Galigalaj is very much a part of the game. Happens in the golir match, parar match, at the school level, club, regional, age group, international levels - you name it. So he sent Nasir off - what was he supposed to do, shake his hand, get down on one knee and propose to him out of guilt? The man couldn't do what he was sent out to do, i.e. bat, and clearly didn't belong there. So he felt like asking him to bleep off and did it, none of anyone else's business.

About the kicking incident, if it had been so bad, he would have been fined for it. That's what the officials are there for. If they don't seem to be bothered, then why should we bother?

PS: Note the use of the pronoun "you" doesn't imply I'm pointing my fingers at anyone in particular. In fact, I don't even know who did or did not post here regarding this matter. All I did was skim through some posts and read the points made.

Zeeshan
February 21, 2012, 10:08 PM
Strong post Atimar bhai.

Zeeshan
February 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
Shakib = player

Shakib performs => KRB wins

Shakib performs => Bangladesh wins

Shakib != your husband

Shakib != your dulabhai

Shakib != the man your kids should grow up idolizing as far as behavioral matters are concerned

Yes, many feel that sports icons are obliged to display exemplary behavior when it comes to matters outside of sports. I don't know who is right or wrong (just kidding, I know I'm right), but I believe otherwise. Sportsmen and sportswomen are humans first and are free to choose how they lead their lives, interact with people in their surroundings and respond to stressful situations. Your kids are your responsibility and it's up to you to teach them how you want them to behave in public. Shakib isn't your kid's father (or at least I hope, for your sake, that he isn't) and shouldn't have to curb his habits because they might screw up your child for good because you aren't the kind of parent you want to be.

If you really need a personality to look up to, go find that in your teachers, girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, parents, kids. Let a sport icon be what he is - someone who plays and wins.

Galigalaj is very much a part of the game. Happens in the golir match, parar match, at the school level, club, regional, age group, international levels - you name it. So he sent Nasir off - what was he supposed to do, shake his hand, get down on one knee and propose to him out of guilt? The man couldn't do what he was sent out to do, i.e. bat, and clearly didn't belong there. So he felt like asking him to bleep off and did it, none of anyone else's business.

About the kicking incident, if it had been so bad, he would have been fined for it. That's what the officials are there for. If they don't seem to be bothered, then why should we bother?

PS: Note the use of the pronoun "you" doesn't imply I'm pointing my fingers at anyone in particular. In fact, I don't even know who did or did not post here regarding this matter. All I did was skim through some posts and read the points made.

But you are glossing over the fact, for Shakib to be supremely uberdevil ubermansch he NEEDS to eliminate character flaws. That is our expectations. What would you rather have a Shakib who is perfect and flawless in sports or a Shakib who is perfect and flawless in sports AND daily life? He is our messiah. He is our saint. That's why we want the best out of him. Surely if a MIT professor smokes hashish in his personal life you would frown down upon his reputation, no?

That is our point Atimar bhai. Amra fans. We just like to dream big. Ei khali. Amra chai amader gourob, amader orjon, amader chocker onjoli Shakib jate shudu boro khelowar no houk Atimar bhai kintoo jeno boro ek manush houk sheta jeno amra gorber shohit bolite pari. He manush, he karagor prohoir, Shakib jate ovotor ebong immortal ogni noor "being" e porinoto hoy shei amra kamna kori. Shakib jeno kono parking ticket, credit card debt theke arombho kore jate anguler nokh kete ek adorsho, shudirsho, uttom, shikhay porinito hoy shei amra kamna kori.

God bless USA! God bless Bangladesh! God bless Chad! :flag::flag: :autgreen::autlaal: :six::four::applause::notworthy:

Rabz
February 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
Seriously, seeing how some of you guys are reacting with Shakib's galigalaz issue, I doubt you ever played any competitive cricket or trained under any coach or "boro bhai".

Kh*%***r P*^% is dudh bhat of a gali.

If you havent given gali or received a few from your team mates, you really havent played.
And No, occasional cursing at computer screen while on Stick cricket does not count.

As said before, this is not directed to anyone, just a general observation.

playmaker
February 22, 2012, 02:35 AM
im loving the rivalry going on. This will help shape our cricketer's mentality, unless your name ends with 'iqbal' and you have a 30 kg bhuri

Tiger Manc
February 22, 2012, 08:45 AM
I liked Sabbir's catch and shenanigans with Shehzad. We need some confident guys in our team and I like his attitude. Nasir's a cocky sh!t too but I didn't like him silencing the fans especially as they are the same people who cheer for him when he plays for the national team.

Tiger Manc
February 22, 2012, 08:46 AM
*Shakib appears on big screen*

Chittagong fans chant "bhua, bhua, bhua" lol

lamisa
February 22, 2012, 10:30 AM
^^^ they prolly hate everyone for nasir's reaction!

playmaker
February 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
so far the best moment: Mominul hitting the "DOCTOR" for a six with a scoop

mufi_02
February 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
i liked sabbir's catch and shenanigans with shehzad. We need some confident guys in our team and i like his attitude. Nasir's a cocky sh!t too but i didn't like him silencing the fans especially as they are the same people who cheer for him when he plays for the national team.

[বাংলা]নাসির কি করসে আবার?[/বাংলা]

Ajfar
February 22, 2012, 02:00 PM
[বাংলা]নাসির কি করসে আবার?[/বাংলা]

He Shhhedd the crowd after taking a catch.

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
He Shhhedd the crowd after taking a catch.
Again today?

Ajfar
February 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
Again today?

I think it was the last game. I didn't see it myself, but someone posted something about it in one of the threads.

BANFAN
February 22, 2012, 04:22 PM
so far the best moment: Mominul hitting the "DOCTOR" for a six with a scoop

Surely, that's the moment of the day......:)

oronnya
February 22, 2012, 08:48 PM
*Shakib appears on big screen*

Chittagong fans chant "bhua, bhua, bhua" lol

no they said Khulna Khulna !! That's what I heard ...

Zeeshan
February 22, 2012, 09:09 PM
Surely, that's the moment of the day......:)

Or arguably dismissal of Trego (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-premier-league-2012/engine/current/match/551065.html) (Bijoy 2012 ).

playmaker
February 23, 2012, 09:44 AM
^^
that was a good catch but not something too many people will remember

Nadim
February 25, 2012, 02:18 PM
Elias Sunny's Shakib style celebration

Hug between Pollard and Anamul thats was gd too see :)

Equinox
February 27, 2012, 06:27 AM
That fist bump (palm smash?) between Pollard and Mushy at the end of today's match. :)

simon
February 28, 2012, 05:34 PM
Sakib throwing Ajmol,Afridi,Azhar out of the park. :D

F6_Turbo
February 28, 2012, 05:49 PM
All of the South stand calling Shaziab, 'motu, motu' when he came out to field near the boundary.

On hearing the chants, he turned around, waved and then jiggled his gut.

It was unnerving to hear the crowd, but he took it well, and his reaction made it memorable.

But it could have been a negative thing, if he didn't take it in good humor- to his credit that scenario didn't come about

oronnya
February 28, 2012, 07:09 PM
Sakib throwing Ajmol,Afridi,Azhar out of the park. :D

:up::up:

22Yards
February 28, 2012, 08:13 PM
Shakib throwing the bat at the last bowl for six knowing his team already lost the match.

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 12:20 PM
When Arun Lal declared Shakib as the MOT and the crowds cheering Sakib sakib as loud as they could. Uff what a moment it was!!! Best moment for me :great::great: Also Anamul almost in tears after hitting the winning runs was a great moment . Oh another one Imran Nazir walking back to the pavilion when he got out, he was punching his chest with joy and acted almost like a Gorilla !!

simon
February 29, 2012, 04:07 PM
^mine too :)
ishpishially Arun's IPL :D

oronnya
February 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
For me the best moment is super excited Mash hugging Shakib just before the MOS announcement !!! I didn't see Mash that happy even when he won the match !!! and of course when the whole stadium went Shakib !! Shakib !! :D

Navo
February 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
For me the best moment is super excited Mash hugging Shakib just before the MOS announcement !!! I didn't see Mash that happy even when he won the match !!! and of course when the whole stadium went Shakib !! Shakib !! :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36689314/Shak-Mash.JPG

(It's unfortunately a bit blurry, but it's a screen capture from a YouTube video after all)

zsayeed
February 29, 2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_03_01/content_zoom/2012_03_01_22_3_b.jpg

oronnya
February 29, 2012, 08:13 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36689314/Shak-Mash.JPG

(It's unfortunately a bit blurry, but it's a screen capture from a YouTube video after all)

Serene !!!

2 of my fav player!! Would love to see the same bonding among all our players !! really love our boys..

Thanks a lot for the pic.. I think I will make it my avatar !!! :)

shakibrulz
February 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
Yep, Arun Lal announcing Shak as man of the tournament was awesome.

Rabz
March 1, 2012, 12:32 AM
Does anyone have the video of post match presentation of the finals ??