PDA

View Full Version : International exhibition match in Toronto, May 12, 2012

Mahir
February 17, 2012, 04:45 AM
Mainly in a matter of picking the players who would be available and interested to come to Toronto to play in the exhibition match, rather than selected on the basis of performance, Cricket Canada is giving the cricket-lovers in Toronto another opportunity to take in a potentially exciting match-up to be taken place in May this year.

BanglaCricket can rejoice at the fact that Tamim Iqbal is pencilled in to play for the Asia XI side, but his participation isn't confirmed yet. Only Shahid Afridi has reportedly been confirmed to take part in the event so far, which was announced at a press conference yesterday.

The most talented international cricketers to play under a Canadian roof in almost 20 years – a mixture of legends and up-and-comers – will meet at Rogers Centre on May 12 in an all-star match that organizers hope will be at catalyst to move the sport into the Canadian psyche.

AllStarT20 Website (http://www.katroseinc.com)

kalpurush
February 17, 2012, 09:15 AM
Would be nice if Shakib and Tamim come to Toronto - a plot to visit Toronto for me!

Mahir
February 17, 2012, 10:32 AM
Would be nice if Shakib and Tamim come to Toronto - a plot to visit Toronto for me!

You should visit regardless :)

mufi_02
February 17, 2012, 11:12 AM
I will definitely come if few deshi players shows up. Expecting some hospitality from Canadian BC members :-p. Just kidding.

Leafs PWN
March 29, 2012, 10:38 AM
Might go if ticket prices aren't too bad.

mufi_02
March 30, 2012, 09:12 AM
Date - May 12, 2012.
Ticket price - $25.

Looks like so far Afridi and Lara are confirmed.

http://gocricketgocanada.com/all-star-t20-toronto

zinatf
March 30, 2012, 09:14 AM
Oronnya apu koi? She'll be very happy :D

oronnya
March 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Oronnya apu koi? She'll be very happy :D

Yesssssss I know about it and am superrrrrrrrrrr excited :D :D .. wish Shak came too :(

zinatf
March 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yesssss I know about it :D :D.. and am super excited .. I wish Shak came too :(

Hmmm....na Melbourne ashe...na ashe Toronto....huh....kopal!!

AsifTheManRahman
March 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
The IPL starts next week, so I doubt he'll be able to make it. In fact, Pune has games scheduled the day before and after the Toronto match.

mufi_02
March 30, 2012, 10:48 AM
Yes, I don't think either Shak or Tamim will be able to play. This is after all a charity type game and that too played in Canada in some artificial type matting pitch. It's more for retired players such as Lara, Sunil Joshi, Grant Flower.

Those guys are much better playing. Even if they had sit out and warm the bench. But if they come, I will consider making the 10 hours trip.

Mahir
March 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
The IPL starts next week, so I doubt he'll be able to make it. In fact, Pune has games scheduled the day before and after the Toronto match.

Yep. Although Tamim in all likelihood is no longer available, the organizers are still including his name in their promotions of this event. There was a rumour making the rounds on Facebook pages that Mash and Nasir will be coming to Toronto instead, which does good for the organizers to look to plan B and more representation from Bangladesh in the Asia XI as the subcontinent's hottest team right now. The names of Mushy and Riyad are also in the mix according to the organizers themselves (via Twitter).

But again, the way these exhibition matches are organized in most cases, I really can't put a stamp on the inclusion of ANY player until they actually arrive here in Toronto.

But I did my tickets well in advance and won't be missing out on the match at any cost. :)

Mahir
April 6, 2012, 04:41 PM
THIS JUST IN: Nasir to play for Asia XI in the Toronto T20 exhibition. As it stands, Nasir will now join Tamim, who was one of the first batch of players confirmed by the organizers last month for this event.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>According to @<a href="https://twitter.com/T20AllStar2012">T20AllStar2012</a>, our <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Tiger">#Tiger</a> Nasir Hossain has been included in the Asia XI squad. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Bangladesh">#Bangladesh</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Toronto">#Toronto</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523cricket">#cricket</a></p>&mdash; BanglaCricket.com (@BanglaCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/BanglaCricket/status/188374571458633731" data-datetime="2012-04-06T21:16:12+00:00">April 6, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Original announcement:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Announcing the next player to join the ASIA XI Squad: Nassir Hossain from Bangladesh! <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523cricket">#cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523t20allstar">#t20allstar</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523toronto">#toronto</a></p>&mdash; T20 Cricket All Star (@T20AllStar2012) <a href="https://twitter.com/T20AllStar2012/status/188363992023040001" data-datetime="2012-04-06T20:34:09+00:00">April 6, 2012</a></blockquote>

The Asia XI players confirmed thus far:

Shahid Afridi (captain)
Mohammad Hafeez
Tamim Iqbal
Sanath Jayasuriya
Umar Akmal
Misbah ul Haq
Nasir Hossain
Sunil Joshi
Mohammad Sami
Chanaka Welegedara
Saeed Ajmal

World XI confirmations:

Brian Lara (captain)
Brendan Taylor
Rizwan Cheema
Ashish Baghai
Jacob Oram
Dwayne Smith
Mark Boucher
Tim Southee
Tino Best
Stuart Macgill

Equinox
April 6, 2012, 05:21 PM
That World XI side will get absolutely steamrolled. Sounds more like a charity exhibition match rather than the Asia v ROW games of the past but should be a good treat for the cricket fans of Canada.

Mahir
April 6, 2012, 05:28 PM
Sounds more like a charity exhibition match rather than the Asia v ROW games of the past but should be a good treat for the cricket fans of Canada.

And that is exactly what this match is :)

Funds are said to be raised by Cricket Canada for the development of the game in bringing cricket to the mainstream. A national broadcaster will be carrying the match live, and that's big in the overall context.

Dilscoop
April 6, 2012, 06:39 PM
And that is exactly what this match is :)

Funds are said to be raised by Cricket Canada for the development of the game in bringing cricket to the mainstream. A national broadcaster will be carrying the match live, and that's big in the overall context.

That is pretty big. Good for Canada and Cricket. And look at the amount of followers they got on twitter.

The whole thing has been very professional. Way more professional than the whole BPL. You can judge those things by looking at the posters, the logos, and website.

TigerEz
April 6, 2012, 07:03 PM
but tamim is busy with ipl...

Ajfar
April 6, 2012, 09:38 PM
They will have to find a replacement for tamim. I doubt he will skip ipl for this game. I hope they replace Tamim with Mashrafee

Night_wolf
April 7, 2012, 12:18 AM
But I did my tickets well in advance and won't be missing out on the match at any cost. :)

share some pics:)

ai match ki live dakhabe internationally?

Navo
April 7, 2012, 12:27 AM
If they're broadcasting this in Canada on a mainstream channel, I'm sure Nadim or someone will find a chorai link haha

Mahir
April 7, 2012, 02:19 AM
About Tamim's availability, I've been in constant touch with one of the media liaisons of the event, and I was informed that the organizers are still in talks with Tamim's agent. As it stands, he is still a contract for this match, and nothing has changed on that front since the IPL signing. But realistically, I don't expect him to get a release from Pune for a week. If I'm not mistaken, an IPL contract does not allow any player to leave camp unless it is due to national duties.

About the broadcast, the match will be telecasted by Rogers Sportsnet (and likely streamed on their website - www.sportsnet.ca), which is a prime sports channel of Canada, owned by the media giant Rogers. Cricket has slowly started to come to mainstream media here in Canada, starting with the 2011 World Cup, when Rogers struck deal with Cricket Canada and ICC to bag Canadian broadcasting rights for major ICC events and the IPL.

Dilscoop
April 7, 2012, 03:05 PM
About Tamim's availability, I've been in constant touch with one of the media liaisons of the event, and I was informed that the organizers are still in talks with Tamim's agent. As it stands, he is still a contract for this match, and nothing has changed on that front since the IPL signing.

You made it sound like as if you knew them personally. I thought you had the hook. I thought you were all very cool for sec until i checked their official twitter.:-X

Just say twitter bro! Everyone can read it. lol thanks for the link

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1386&stc=1&d=1333829099

zinatf
April 7, 2012, 10:30 PM
Wow! Great job Mahir bhai. A very good decision in picking Nasir :)

Mahir
April 8, 2012, 12:23 AM
You made it sound like as if you knew them personally. I thought you had the hook. I thought you were all very cool for sec until i checked their official twitter.:-X

Just say twitter bro! Everyone can read it. lol thanks for the link

My apologies to you if I disappointed you, bro. I certainly don't have to justify to you how I keep in touch with the organizers, or anyone for that matter.

Mahir
April 8, 2012, 12:27 AM
Wow! Great job Mahir bhai. A very good decision in picking Nasir :)

Zinatf, I am glad to share the information on this exhibition match as they become available. :) And yes, we've got to commend the organizers for being proactive in signing up a second player from Bangladesh after Tamim's participation became uncertain.

zinatf
April 8, 2012, 01:13 AM
^^Oh good. Yes, kudos to the organisers. Please do share with us the info :)

mufi_02
April 9, 2012, 08:56 AM
So who is going to this match from BC?

Mahir
April 16, 2012, 08:00 PM
So who is going to this match from BC?

I will, along with a few friends (they're not BC members). The stadium's capacity is 50K+, but not all the tickets will be released for this match.

Here are the full lineups, as confirmed thus far:

ASIA XI

Shahid Afridi (captain)
Mohammad Hafeez
Tamim Iqbal
Sanath Jayasuriya
Umar Akmal
Misbah ul Haq
Nasir Hossain
Sunil Joshi
Mohammad Sami
Chanaka Welegedara
Saeed Ajmal

WORLD XI

Brian Lara (captain)
Brendan Taylor
Rizwan Cheema
Ashish Baghai
Jacob Oram
Dwayne Smith
Mark Boucher
Tim Southee
Kyle Mills
Tino Best
Stuart Macgill

BengaliPagol
April 17, 2012, 03:32 AM
It would be an interesting game watch but i think Asia XI have got an easy win.

Naimul_Hd
May 7, 2012, 08:15 PM
[বাংলা]কানাডার ভিসা পাননি নাসির (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-05-08/news/255989)

১২ মে টরন্টোতে ম্যাচ। আন্তর্জাতিক একাদশের বিপক্ষে এশিয়া একাদশের হয়ে এই টি-টোয়েন্টি প্রীতি ম্যাচে খেলার জন্য আজকালের মধ্যে কানাডা যাওয়ার কথা নাসির হোসেনের। কিন্তু সেই সম্ভাবনা এখন ক্ষীণ। কানাডার ভিসাই যে পাননি বাংলাদেশ দলের এই ক্রিকেটার!
গত সপ্তাহে ঢাকায় কানাডার ভিসা অফিসের কার্যক্রম বন্ধ হয়ে গেছে। তবে বিসিবির মাধ্যমে প্রয়োজনীয় কাগজপত্রসহ নাসির ভিসার আবেদন করে রেখেছিলেন আরও আগেই। কিন্তু কাল পাসপোর্ট হাতে পেয়ে দেখলেন ভিসা লাগেনি! হতাশ নাসির বললেন, ‘দেখেন তো কেমন লাগে! সব রকম প্রস্তুতি নিয়ে রেখেছিলাম...।’
বিসিবিকে পাঠানো দুই পাতার চিঠিতে প্রয়োজনীয় তথ্য সরবরাহ না করাই ভিসা না হওয়ার কারণ বলে জানিয়েছে ঢাকায় কানাডিয়ান হাইকমিশন। তবে নাসিরের ভিসা হয়নি শুনে খুবই বিস্মিত ম্যাচের আয়োজক কানাডা ক্রিকেটের সভাপতি। কানাডা থেকে ভিসার চেষ্টা করছেন তিনি। বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগের ভারপ্রাপ্ত ব্যবস্থাপক সাব্বির খান তাই আশাবাদী, ‘ক্রিকেট কানাডা থেকে অন অ্যারাইভাল ভিসার জন্য চেষ্টা করা হচ্ছে। শেষ পর্যন্ত এটা হয়ে গেলে যেকোনো মুহূর্তে বিমান ধরতে হতে পারে নাসিরকে।’
[/বাংলা]

Not surprised at all.

Dilscoop
May 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
How's the turnout?

Dilscoop
May 12, 2012, 03:51 PM
That official tweeter accounted tweeted stuff months before the game, but no tweets during. okay...

Dilscoop
May 12, 2012, 04:16 PM
Nasir gone. Ah well.

Purbasha T
May 12, 2012, 04:23 PM
21 and Nasir gone, so am I!

Dilscoop
May 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
34 from 6, 7 in hand. Easy stuff.

Maysun
May 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>AsiaXI comfortably reaches the target of 165 with 2 overs to spare. Devon Smith wins the Man of the Match.</p>&mdash; BanglaCricket.com (@BanglaCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/BanglaCricket/status/201433580495310848" data-datetime="2012-05-12T22:08:02+00:00">May 12, 2012</a></blockquote>

1iram1
May 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
^ Correction on that, Asia XI won with an over to spare and they didn't exactly make it look comfortable in the last 2 overs.

Dilscoop
May 12, 2012, 07:45 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/T20AllStar2012 << LOL at this. This dude is tweeting about buying tickets and posting promo videos. Did he wake up late? Does even know that the match is all over? Someone with twitter embarrass him please

Purbasha T
May 12, 2012, 08:10 PM
LOL! Maybe there's another match coming up. Check before you get embarassed. :-p

BengaliPagol
May 12, 2012, 08:19 PM
LOL! Maybe there's another match coming up. Check before you get embarassed. :-p

Good one. :clap:

Dilscoop
May 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
Today IS the May 12th?

Just checked, there is no other game! what the bleep you guys talking about! Got me all excited.

Dilscoop
May 13, 2012, 02:44 AM
Score: http://www.asportsnews.com/cricket-news/news/asia-xi-vs-world-xi-t20-live-score-highlights-12-may-2012/

Find any videos yet?

Zunaid
May 13, 2012, 03:32 AM
Scorecard from BCB Press Release:

<!--><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:TargetScreenSize>800x600</o:TargetScreenSize> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> [I]Venue: Rogers Centre One Blue Jays Way Toronto, Ontario; Date: 12 May 2012
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="mso-cellspacing:1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook:1184;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in" border="1" cellpadding="0"> <tbody><tr style="mso-yfti-irow:0;mso-yfti-firstrow:yes"> <td colspan="7" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Batting: International XI
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> R
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> B
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 4′s
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 6′s
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> SR
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:1"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> BRM Taylor
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> st A Bagai b ST Jayasuriya
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 34
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 16
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 2
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 3
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 212.50
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:2"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> DS Smith
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> st A Bagai b R Cheema
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 69
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 63
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 9
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 109.52
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:3"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> GW Flower
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> st A Bagai b S Joshi
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 13
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 81.25
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:4"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> JDP Oram
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c Nasir Hossain b S Mushtaq
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 19
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 8
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 1
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 237.50
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:5"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> MV Boucher
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c Nasir Hossain b C Walegadera
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 6
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 7
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 85.71
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:6"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> KD Mills
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> b R Cheema
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 5
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 60.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:7"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> P Utseya
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> not out
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 4
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 75.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:8"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> TG Southee
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> not out
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 50.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:9"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Extras
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 11, nb 1, b 2, lb 2)
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:10"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Total
</td> <td colspan="5" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (6 wickets; 20.0 overs)
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 164
</td> <td colspan="4" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 8.20 RPO
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:11"> <td colspan="17" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Fall of Wicket: 57-1 ( BRM Taylor 6.2 ov ), 106-2 ( GW Flower 12.6 ov ), 133-3 ( JDP Oram 15.2 ov ), 148-4 ( DS Smith 17.5 ov ), 152-5 ( MV Boucher 18.4 ov ), 160-6 ( KD Mills 19.2 ov )
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:12"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> Bowling: Asia XI
</td> <td style="width:23.1pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="31"> O
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> M
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> W
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> EC
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> AV
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> EX
</td> <td style="border:none;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:13"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> C Walegadera
</td> <td style="width:23.1pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="31"> 4.0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 20
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 5.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 20.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (nb 1)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:14"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> R Cheema
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 31
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 7.75
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 15.50
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 1)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:15"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> ST Jayasuriya
</td> <td style="width:23.1pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="31"> 3.0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 29
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 9.67
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 29.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 2)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:16"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> Nasir Hossain
</td> <td style="width:23.1pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="31"> 1.0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 22
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 22.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> -
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:17"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> S Joshi
</td> <td style="width:23.1pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="31"> 2.0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 10.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 20.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:18"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> D Pathirana
</td> <td style="width:23.1pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="31"> 2.0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 14
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 7.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:19"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="2" style="width:74.6pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="99"> S Mushtaq
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 24
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 6.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 24.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 3)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:20;mso-yfti-lastrow:yes"> <td style="width:4.9pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="7">
</td> <td style="width:35.85pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="48">
</td> <td style="width:37.25pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="50">
</td> <td style="width:23.1pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="31">
</td> <td style="width:23.95pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="32">
</td> <td style="width:26.05pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="35">
</td> <td style="width:25.3pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="34">
</td> <td style="width:45.65pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="61">
</td> <td style="width:45.65pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="61">
</td> <td style="width:38.35pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="51">
</td> <td style="width:4.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="5">
</td> <td style="width:1.95pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="3">
</td> <td style="width:26.35pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="35">
</td> <td style="width:18.7pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="25">
</td> <td style="width:21.05pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="28">
</td> <td style="width:21.05pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="28">
</td> <td style="width:46.35pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in" width="62">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="MsoNormalTable" style="mso-cellspacing:1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook:1184;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in" border="1" cellpadding="0"> <tbody><tr style="mso-yfti-irow:0;mso-yfti-firstrow:yes"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="9" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Batting: Asia XI
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> R
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> B
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 4′s
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 6′s
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> SR
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:1"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> ST Jayasuriya
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c P Utseya b JDP Oram
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 41
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 7
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 170.83
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:2"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> R Gunasekera
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c DS Smith b TL Best
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 6
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 200.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:3"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> H Patel
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> b TL Best
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 39
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 32
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 121.88
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:4"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Nasir Hossain
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c MV Boucher b TL Best
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 21
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 105.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:5"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> R Cheema
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c D Pervez b TL Best
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 20
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 14
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 142.86
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:6"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> D Pathirana
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> not out
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 11
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 10
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 110.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:7"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> A Bagai
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c DS Smith b JDP Oram
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 10
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 10
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 100.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:8"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> AS Hansra
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> c SCG MacGill b JDP Oram
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 0.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:9"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> C Walegadera
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> not out
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 1
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 100.00
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:10"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Extras
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 9, lb 9)
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 18
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:11"> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Total
</td> <td colspan="8" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (7 wickets; 19.0 overs)
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 167
</td> <td colspan="4" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 8.79 RPO
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:12"> <td colspan="18" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Fall of Wicket: 7-1 ( R Gunasekera 0.4 ov ), 63-2 ( ST Jayasuriya 5.6 ov ), 98-3 ( N Hossain 10.3 ov ), 143-4 ( R Cheema 15.1 ov ), 144-5 ( H Patel 15.2 ov ), 162-6 ( A Bagai 18.2 ov ), 162-7 ( AS Hansra 18.3 ov )
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:13"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> Bowling: International XI
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> O
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> M
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> W
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> EC
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> AV
</td> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> EX
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:14"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> TL Best
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 4.0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 36
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 9.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 9.00
</td> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 3)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:15"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> TG Southee
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 3.0
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 32
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 10.67
</td> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 3)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:16"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> KD Mills
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 6.00
</td> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 2)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:17"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> JDP Oram
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 40
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 10.00
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 13.33
</td> <td colspan="2" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> (w 1)
</td> </tr> <tr style="mso-yfti-irow:18;mso-yfti-lastrow:yes"> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in">
</td> <td colspan="3" style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> SCG MacGill
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 26
</td> <td style="padding:0in 0in 0in 0in"> 6.50
</td> </tr> <tr height="0"> <td style="border:none" width="9">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="2">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="171">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="2">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="45">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="30">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="38">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="33">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="76">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="76">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="6">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="18">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="30">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="6">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="34">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="41">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="41">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="83">
</td> <td style="border:none" width="5">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Naimul_Hd
May 13, 2012, 03:39 AM
^^ MP. Jayasuria still got the edge :)

zinatf
May 13, 2012, 03:43 AM
Shabaash Nasir! Bagher bachcha :)

Any videos on his innings...or the catches he caught...heard those catches were brilliant....

Mahir
May 13, 2012, 06:31 AM
So as promised, I was at Rogers Centre yesterday for the All-star T20 exhibition, and couldn't be more thrilled to get to see Nasir (or any Bangladesh cricketer) live for the first time ever.

Here's a very quick and brief account of Nasir's day in Toronto:

His day started poorly when Asia XI captain Jayasuriya called him up to bowl the 4th over of the innings. Brendan Taylor was on strike and duly lifted him over midwicket for 2 monstrous 6s in the first two deliveries. Next four read as: 1 4 1 4. Unfortunately, Nasir never got another over. But he did feature heavily from there on in helping his side win the exhibition match. He drew the first chorus of boos from the crowd when he didn't attempt (misjudged, essentially) a skier from Brendan Taylor at the square-leg boundary, but soon made up for all the hiccups by taking a spectacular catch on one foot just inside the ropes at the long-on boundary to get rid of Jacor Oram. Nasir then took another catch later at short fine-leg when Mark Boucher mistimed a scoop off Walegedera. His ground-fielding was as sharp as ever. He fielded mostly at point during the first few overs and then on the long boundaries for the rest of the innings.

For his batting, Nasir came in at no. 4 after Jayasuriya got out. He guided the first ball he faced, from Kyle Mills, to third-man for 4. He then powerfully pulled Oram and then Mills again for two more 4s, before getting out for 21 off 20 by top-edging another attempted upper-cut. Asia XI was well on course to chase down their target of 165 and eventually got there comfortably, although Oram made it interesting near the end by taking 2 wickets in 2 deliveries.

After the match was over and players shook hands with each other, Nasir immediately walked up to the sidelines where the majority of the Bangladeshi fans were sitting, and spent a considerable amount of time in signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone who requested him to. He appeared extremely reserved and barely said a word. According to one of my friends who was a volunteer for the event, Nasir was the most quiet of all the players who came for the match, and did not speak a word unless spoken to. I myself was extremely proud of the way he remained so humble throughout.

A point to be noted, Bangladeshi jeyseys and flags dominated the small crowd that showed up for the match, and Nasir easily had the biggest support from the stands in the match. It was an excellent sight and a proud moment for any Bangladeshi fan.

Full scorecard: http://www.crichq.com/matches/11383
Tweet updates + pictures from the ground: https://twitter.com/#!/BanglaCricket/

oronnya
May 13, 2012, 06:36 AM
So as promised, I was at Rogers Centre yesterday for the All-star T20 exhibition, and couldn't be more thrilled to get to see Nasir (or any Bangladesh cricketer) live for the first time ever.

His day started poorly when Asia XI captain Jayasuriya called him up to bowl the 4th over of the innings. Brendan Taylor was on strike and duly lifted him over midwicket for 2 monstrous 6s in the first two deliveries. Next four read as: 1 4 1 4. Unfortunately, Nasir never got another over. But he did feature heavily from there on in helping his side win the exhibition match. He drew the first chorus of boos from the crowd when he didn't attempt (misjudged, essentially) a skier from Brendan Taylor at the square-leg boundary, but soon made up for all the hiccups by taking a spectacular catch on one foot just inside the ropes at the long-on boundary to get rid of Jacor Oram. Nasir then took another catch later at short fine-leg when Mark Boucher mistimed a scoop off Walegedera. His ground-fielding was as sharp as ever. He fielded mostly at point during the first few overs and then on the long boundaries for the rest of the innings.

For his batting, Nasir came in at no. 4 after Jayasuriya got out. He guided the first ball he faced, from Kyle Mills, to third-man for 4. He then powerfully pulled Oram and then Mills again for two more 4s, before getting out for 21 off 20 by top-edging another attempted upper-cut. Asia XI was well on course to chase down their target of 165 and eventually got there comfortably, although Oram made it interesting near the end by taking 2 wickets in 2 deliveries.

After the match was over and players shook hands with each other, Nasir immediately walked up to the sidelines where the majority of the Bangladeshi fans were sitting, and spent a considerable amount of time in signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone who requested him to. He appeared extremely reserved and barely said a word. According to one of my friends who was a volunteer for the event, Nasir was the most quiet of all the players who came for the match, and did not speak a word unless spoken to. I myself was extremely proud of the way he remained so humble throughout.

A point to be noted, Bangladeshi jeyseys and flags dominated the small crowd that showed up for the match, and Nasir easily had the biggest support from the stands in the match. It was an excellent sight and a proud moment for any Bangladeshi fan.

Thanks for the report :)

Mahir
May 13, 2012, 06:38 AM
You're very welcome :)

kalpurush
May 13, 2012, 07:16 AM

Much thanks for the excellent commentary Mahir. I wish I was there too! :)

zinatf
May 13, 2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the links Mahir Bhai :)

playmaker
May 13, 2012, 11:30 AM
the reason why didnt speak to much is because his language skills are weak

Maysun
May 15, 2012, 02:44 AM
Fans' enthusiasm shields Canada T20 farce (http://www.espncricinfo.com/canada/content/current/story/564854.html)

For what may be the first time ever in a Twenty20 match, international cricketers actually got to sit in a genuine, bona fide, baseball dugout. Toronto's impressive Rogers Centre (formerly Skydome), home of Major League Baseball's Toronto Blue Jays, on Saturday hosted what was to be a match between an International XI and an Asia XI. Both teams looked good on paper, with the Asia XI apart from having Sanath Jayasuriya, Tamim Iqbal and Nasir Hossain, also slated to have the bulk of the Pakistan team: Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Akmal and Hammad Azam, not to mention the inventor of the doosra himself - Saqlain Mushtaq.

Lining up against them was to be a Brian Lara led team that included the likes of Jacob Oram, Tim Southee, Kyle Mills, Stuart MacGill and a trio of wicketkeepers: Mark Boucher, Brendan Taylor and Canada's own Ashish Bagai.

Word had been out for a few days prior to the match, that there were issues surrounding the participation of Pakistan's players, but it was only on the eve of the match that organisers formally announced that the Pakistanis would not be coming because of NOC issues. Tamim was also quietly removed from the players' roster without official explanation. The press conference went on with the organisers putting on a brave face despite the setback, while players practiced behind them looking tired but enjoying being in the Rogers Centre. After spending countless hours flying Auckland-Sydney-Abu Dhabi-Toronto, New Zealand's Tim Southee was irritated to learn that there was a direct flight from Auckland to Vancouver, and then a short one to Toronto. MacGill and Grant Flower expressed disappointment at not having the Pakistanis playing and with the roof of the Rogers Centre closed on a warm and sunny day, the mood seemed sombre.

Match Day and with the news of the Pakistan stars' absence more widely known, many in the crowd seemed subdued going into the great stadium. Toronto is one of the world's great cosmopolitan cities and fans showed up wearing jerseys of players from West Indies, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa you name it - even Canada. When Canada's Rizwan Cheema was told there were a few fans wearing jerseys with his name, he said "there were more than a few - there were like, ten or twelve" prompting Cricket Canada president Ravin Moorthy to kid Cheema about how he knew that.

Once into the stadium anticipation grew, but it was hard not to feel for the fans wearing Afridi jerseys and clutching Pakistani flags. The mood during the match was going to depend a lot on them.

With the Pakistanis out, the Canadian duo of Bagai and Cheema were shifted to the Asia XI and were joined by Canadian team-mates, Jimmy Hansra, Ruvindu Gunasekera and Hiral Patel, whose aggressive World Cup half-century against Australia would not have escaped the notice of the bigger names in the International XI.

Toss time, and Jayasuriya came out with Boucher instead of Lara. Lara was said to have arrived in Toronto the previous evening but nobody seemed to know where he was. Boucher won the toss for him, and decided to bat when word came down that Lara was being replaced in the line-up with yet another Canadian player, Cecil Parvez. At this point, no one would have blamed the crowd if they expressed their displeasure with a chorus of boos, but instead a remarkable thing happened - when the umpire standing at what would be 2nd base called play, the crowd enthusiastically cheered the first ball and groaned when Devon Smith patted it back to the bowler Chanaka Welegedara. This crowd was here to enjoy a Twenty20 match and it didn't matter too much who was playing.

A few overs in, Lara was finally spotted in the players' dugout in his street clothes. Misplaced chants of "Pakistan Zindabad" were now replaced with "Lara, Lara". The great man appeared unmoved.

Meanwhile, the game continued and every boundary, every stop, every catch, every quick ball (those courtesy of Tino Best) were vociferously cheered. The boo-birds only came out once, when Hossain let a catch drop a couple of feet in front of him. The loudest and most sustained cheer of the match came when Saqlain, the only Pakistan player on show, was given the ball. Jacob Oram who had struck two big sixes off Jayasuriya in the previous over, attempted a third off Saqlain that went high but was expertly caught by Hossain within an inch of the boundary rope - the crowd went wild, for Saqlain's wicket, Hossain's redemptive catch and Oram's whirlwind innings.

With the Asia XI now dominated by Canadian players, Cheema found himself in a partnership with Patel and both struck powerful shots off MacGill, Oram, Mills and Best. A half-tracker from Oram was duly smashed by Cheema for the biggest six of the game.

The Asia XI, unfancied in this match and chasing a target of 165, won the game with an over to spare, in no small part because of the efforts of the Canadian players and a vintage assault from Jayasuriya who hit a six and seven fours in his innings of 41.

An estimated crowd of 12,000 looked small in the massive Rogers Centre, but they had a great time and once again this match showed the potential of cricket in Canada - as a destination for foreign teams, but also for more games involving Canada itself. Fans do appreciate the game here and are starting to learn who the players are on the Canadian team, something that can only further fuel the growth of cricket in Canada and get a few more people wearing Cheema jerseys.

banglawash
May 15, 2012, 11:34 PM
No international player, including our Nasir received a single penny from Cricket Canada for the 12th May game. Moreover they had to pay for the plane fare and the hotel bill. The organizers checked out of the hotel room yesterday leaving the players stranded in the hotel lobby. Can you believe it ???? What a shame!!!! Many of the players already left Canada without payment........Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reports.......Take a look at the video below !!! The only positive from this video is that it contains that nice catch of Nasir dismissing Jacob Oram at 02:27 minutes.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canada/Toronto/1305549802/ID=2234841851

Zunaid
May 16, 2012, 12:03 AM
What a shame.

I looked up whois for katroseinc, the organizers, but the domain was registered privately just late last year. So, all the about us is all false. http://www.katroseinc.com/?page_id=256

Then I found this page:

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
Business Networking conference for Canadian and Southern African(Namibia,Zambia,Malawi,Mozambique,South Africa,Zimbabwe,Zaire(DRC))Companies, Business people and Government Officials.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table style="border-collapse: collapse" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="LM">[ Selling Categories ]

<table> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"><nobr> -</nobr></td> <td valign="top"><nobr> Business Services (http://www.ec21.com/companies/Business_Services--04.html) </nobr></td> <td valign="top">>> </td> <td valign="top">Trade Show Services (http://www.ec21.com/companies/Trade_Show_Services--0432.html)</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr> <tr><td class="LM">[ keyword ]

<table> <tbody><tr> <td width="10px"> </td> <td class="grayKeyword2" valign="top"> Business Networking Conference (http://www.ec21.com/ks-business-networking-conference/) , Networking Convention (http://www.ec21.com/ks-networking-convention/) , Networking Business conference (http://www.ec21.com/ks-networking-business-conference/) , Business Convention for networking (http://www.ec21.com/ks-business-convention-for-networking/) </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr> </tbody></table>
<table style="border-collapse: collapse" class="border_1" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="500"> <tbody><tr> <td class="border_1">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Registration Date</td> <td class="border_1" width="300"> 2011/09/16 (Year/Month/Date)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="200">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Buyer / Seller in EC21</td> <td class="border_1"> Seller</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="200">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Business Type</td> <td class="border_1"> Others</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="200">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Year established</td> <td class="border_1"> 2009</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="200">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Employees total</td> <td class="border_1"> 11 - 50</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="200">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Annual revenue</td> <td class="border_1"> USD 500,001 - 1,000,000</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font: bold 12pt" colspan="2" height="25"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font: bold 12pt">Contact Information</td> <td align="right">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/bt_credit_small.gif</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> <table style="border-collapse: collapse" class="border_1" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="500"> <tbody><tr> <td class="border_1" width="100">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Company</td> <td class="border_1" width="380">Kat Rose Inc </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="100">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Address</td> <td class="border_1" width="380">2275 Upper Middle Rd.E. Suite 101 Oakville Ontario L6H 0C3 Canada</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="100">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Phone</td> <td class="border_1" width="380">1647 - 989 - 6469</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="100">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Homepage</td> <td class="border_1" width="380">www.katroseinc.com (http://www.katroseinc.com)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="border_1" width="100">http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/homeoptimg/icon5.gif Contact</td> <td class="border_1" width="380"> Saad Karim http://image.ec21.com/img/mem/bt_inquire_small.gif</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
So, our Canadian buddies, want to go give this Saad Karim a call or even better a personal visit with the mounties on behalf of Nasir?

Zunaid
May 16, 2012, 12:08 AM
Here are the dudes in question. This was from Google cache.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1423&stc=1&d=1337144895

Naimul_Hd
May 16, 2012, 01:54 AM
Looks like Toronto is a good place for all those scam and fraud.

Did you all forget about the famous (!?) bangladeshi Manzoor Moorshed Khan and his million dollars scam in Toronto ?

Alleged Toronto condo fraudster in Bangladesh (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2011/09/19/manzoor-khan-bangladesh.html)

We also discussed the case here in BC (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=38447)

The very recent another fraud case from yet another Bangladeshi

Doulat Khan and cohorts arrested for fraud in the Bangladeshi community (http://www.cireport.ca/2012/04/doulat-khan-and-cohorts-arrested-for-fraud-in-the-bangladeshi-community.html)

Toronto Police arrested three men on 18 fraud-related charges last week for allegedly stealing nearly $130,000 in a money-transfer service.

Members of a Danforth Bangladeshi community came forward to police with complaints regarding Doulat Enterprise Inc., according to Constable Robert Brown.
The business was incorporated in 2001 by owner Doulat Khan, now 58, who ran his money-transfer business “properly” for a number of years before becoming involved in “underhanded or suspicious activity,” said Cst. Brown.