PDA

View Full Version : Where did Ziaur Rahman come from?

Tiger Manc
February 17, 2012, 09:31 AM
I have been following domestic cricket for a number of years and I was surprised to see him bat ahead of Mahmudullah at #4 against sylhet, especially considering CK were 45-3 at that stage, I was even more surprised to see him smash 48 from 32 balls that included 4 sixes. I thought he was a bowler. He's looked impressive so far, anyone else think he could make our T20 team as a pinch hitter?

HereWeGo
February 17, 2012, 09:34 AM
I have been following domestic cricket for a number of years and I was surprised to see him bat ahead of Mahmudullah at #4 against sylhet, especially considering CK were 45-3 at that stage, I was even more surprised to see him smash 48 from 32 balls that included 4 sixes. I thought he was a bowler. He's looked impressive so far, anyone else think he could make our T20 team as a pinch hitter?

He was a bowler with more of a batting prowess than bowling (same with Dolar Mahmud)...He has been opening the batting in this years DPL and doing quite well... He looks like a genuine batsman with every shots in the book except short pitch bowling...

frd
February 17, 2012, 01:25 PM
He was in the 15men squad for 2007 t20wc but didnt get the opportunity to play.he is a very underrate player .
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Dhakablues
February 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Yes; in fact, the was known for his T20 style batting along with Sabbir Rummon.. Zia unfortunately couldnt score consistent runs in the DPL and the miopic Siddons+Rafalam vision of 'we have is the best XV', didnt help Zia's cause either..I hope that he atleast gets into some program to hone his skills!!

Isnaad
February 18, 2012, 12:34 AM
I am really impressed with him. He is well built as well to give the ball some good pounding.

jeesh
February 18, 2012, 08:59 AM
Potential to be a useful allrounder

lamisa
February 19, 2012, 11:21 AM
how old is he?

AsifTheManRahman
February 19, 2012, 11:23 AM
how old is he?
Cricinfo is your best friend:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56167.html

Equinox
February 19, 2012, 11:25 AM
I like this guy. Big, well-built and can give the ball a good smack. Good that he's focusing on his batting now. Dollar and Alauddin need to take the same route.