PDA

View Full Version : Captaincy in BPL

simon
February 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
Let's focus on the captaincy during BPL.

-Ryad has been really good, got two very good inn.,some good bowling/fielding,good decision making.
-Shakib was excellent as usual, good & brave decision bowling the last over against Sylhet, he plays a mysterious role as a captain,always thinks out of the box, when it works it looks brilliant, when doesn't work it looks -______- odd
-Mushy, leading the team as a unit, scored some runs, was very sharp behind the wicket :up: , today lead the team to a 4th win in a row,that also after loosing the first 2.
-SN was amazing :sick: :sick: he just burned it. :sick:
-Trego scored some runs but as a captain was the opposite of Mushy. -__-
-Mash has bowled well, kept motivating every player successfully.

Didn't think of a poll as there are still so many matches left but so far my Award for the best captain goes to Symcox's favorite capt. Mushy. :up:
Your views please. :)

Nadim
February 18, 2012, 11:29 AM
Ashraful er nam koi? ki shob thread khulen miah? Ash er nam age diben next time e ;)

Rifat H
February 18, 2012, 11:36 AM
Mushy 's captaincy is very impressive in BPL . They lost by big margin in first 2 matches and their fielding was so disappointing . Coming back from that situation and winning 4 matches in a row is an outstanding effort .

Rifat H
February 18, 2012, 11:40 AM
Undoubtedly SN is the worst captain of BPL. Dont have any courage to take responsibility . Really he was just too bad :sick::sick:::facepalm:

simon
February 18, 2012, 11:42 AM
Ashraful er nam koi? ki shob thread khulen miah? Ash er nam age diben next time e ;)

Ash's captaincy was brilliant too :rolleyes: we just lost that 1 because of the "Blackout" ;)

Rifat H
February 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ash's captaincy was brilliant too :rolleyes: we just lost that 1 because of the "Blackout" ;)

And that was too when Sir Ash himself was batting:rolleyes:.

idrinkh2O
February 18, 2012, 11:53 AM
I thought Simon as a captain did great. He cheered his DG team to victory :D
-----
Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah did great in most of the matches. Mashrafe was ok (had one great game). Trego sucked and SN for not trying hard enough :sick:

simon
February 18, 2012, 12:28 PM
I thought Simon as a captain did great. He cheered his DG team to victory :D
-----
Mushfiq, Shakib, Mahmudullah did great in most of the matches. Mashrafe was ok (had one great game). Trego sucked and SN for not trying hard enough :sick:

SN for not trying at all :sick:

frd
February 18, 2012, 12:38 PM
^SN?? Is he playing in Bpl?didnt see him bat or bowl ! May be he has a new hair cut that's why i couldn't recognize him. My bad
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

oronnya
February 18, 2012, 01:22 PM
Let's focus on the captaincy during BPL.

-Ryad has been really good, got two very good inn.,some good bowling/fielding,good decision making.
-Shakib was excellent as usual, good & brave decision bowling the last over against Sylhet, he plays a mysterious role as a captain,always thinks out of the box, when it works it looks brilliant, when doesn't work it looks -______- odd
-Mushy, leading the team as a unit, scored some runs, was very sharp behind the wicket :up: , today lead the team to a 4th win in a row,that also after loosing the first 2.
-SN was amazing :sick: :sick: he just burned it. :sick:
-Trego scored some runs but as a captain was the opposite of Mushy. -__-
-Mash has bowled well, kept motivating every player successfully.

Didn't think of a poll as there are still so many matches left but so far my Award for the best captain goes to Symcox's favorite capt. Mushy. :up:
Your views please. :)

:up::up:

You know what I am extremely happy to see 3 of our key players shining !!! It's a relief that both our national captain and VC are doing well and leading from the front.. and we know how both our Captain and VC relies on Shakib for any decision on field ... So Shakib's successful captaincy will just bring more positives to our national team...

Mushy and Riyad has their own style (friendly and soft spoken) of motivating the team and Shakib has his own, he just demands performance no matter even if he have to be harsh to get that... It's good to see him coming to the bowlers and giving tips and the bowlers are getting instant result !! good to see :up::up:

Nothing much to say about SN really as you hardly see him in the field or at the crease :smh: .. Didn't expect much from him though.. I never consider him as a captain material... captain howar jonno shahosh lage jeta SN er nai... But I am really disappointed with Trego's captaincy.. I thought he would be little better than that :umm:

Murad
February 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mushy wasn't good in first two games. Last few games a bhaloi dekhaitese.

shakib is 50/50. excellent in some games. average in others. i give him ZERO for not playing any Bangladeshi in the top 4. He should come at no.3. He should send some Deshi player at 1/2. Our deshi players are not learning much.

Mash was so-so.

Riyad good.

ash- didn't see.

nafees duck er niche kisu jodi thake ota.

BengaliPagol
February 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
i think Mahmaduulah has stood up in terms of performance and captaincy.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

simon
February 19, 2012, 06:55 AM
Sakib today has been brilliant once again with bat & ball, took 1 wckt eco : 6.75 & scored 39 from 34 and supported Chanderpaul really well, his bowling changes were very effective.
:bravo:

simon
February 19, 2012, 07:05 AM
lol,change in captaincy for SR & Barisal, Alok for Sylhet & Hodge for Barisal :D

oronnya
February 19, 2012, 07:07 AM
Once again great captaincy by Shakib !!:up::up:

Best example of leading from the front with both bat and ball !!!

Tigers_eye
February 19, 2012, 07:21 AM
There is no comparison in leading from the front with Shakib and the rest. Captains lead from the front.

Team composition, toss decisions, rotation of the bowlers, field placements, and most importantly encouraging/making teammates rise to the occasion are the other things that matter.

Shakib has the most Cricketing IQ and that shows. With Buira dol even, his team is competing. Winning solves all criticism.

oronnya
February 19, 2012, 07:45 AM
There is no comparison in leading from the front with Shakib and the rest. Captains lead from the front.

Team composition, toss decisions, rotation of the bowlers, field placements, and most importantly encouraging/making teammates rise to the occasion are the other things that matter.

Shakib has the most Cricketing IQ and that shows. With Buira dol even, his team is competing. Winning solves all criticism.

:up::up::up:

Equinox
February 19, 2012, 08:58 AM
Riyad has been the best so far imo. Mushy did well in the later games.

lamisa
February 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
mushy has ben doing very well,the way is team turned around is really commendable

shakibrulz
February 19, 2012, 10:15 AM

In full agreement there.

AsifTheManRahman
February 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
Brad Hodge 100% success rate. Win, 50, carry bat through, MoM. Beat that.

simon
February 20, 2012, 11:08 AM
Today,once again Mushy and Sakib lead their teams successfully.

Mushy was really good behind the stumps :up: took a magnificent catch to get rid of Hodge.

Sakib was good getting the league's top run scorer Jamshed out, so 1 wckt and eco rate of 3.75.
Although bad move to send Russel after Ayub, or maybe that's not all up to him, it can be the coach too.

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2012, 11:10 AM
followed by ???

MohammedC
February 20, 2012, 11:15 AM
followed by ???

Silence :shh:

BANFAN
February 20, 2012, 11:19 AM

Well it's falling faster than DSE ....:) Now it's 50% ...

BANFAN
February 20, 2012, 11:24 AM

Ya, He is the best... So far ..:)

That kicking would have made headlines... If he wasn't...;)

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
Ok, I have to appreciate Shakib- the captain and Shakib- the selector here...

Marshal Aiyub and Saghir hossain- wooww what a performance these 2 have shown !!! I was not happy with Shakib's player selection but everytime he is proving me wrong.. Saghir is on the top on the "most dismissal" list which indicates that he is the best WK so far in BPL !! and Marshal Aiyub- woowwww !!! Thanks to Shakib and Robin Singh for trying out our local boys.. I know people think Shakib has problem with the boys but he has shown more confidence on our local players !!! Giving the ball to Shafi on the first over up against Gayles or giving the ball to rajib at the death or sending Milon/Marshal Aiyub ahead of Russel will definitely boost up the confidence of these local players!! Really good to see !!

FagunerAgun
February 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
Ok, I have to appreciate Shakib- the captain and Shakib- the selector here...

Marshal Aiyub and Saghir hossain- wooww what a performance these 2 have shown !!! I was not happy with Shakib's player selection but everytime he is proving me wrong.. Saghir is on the top on the "most dismissal" list which indicates that he is the best WK so far in BPL !! and Marshal Aiyub- woowwww !!! Thanks to Shakib and Robin Singh for trying out our local boys.. I know people think Shakib has problem with the boys but he has shown more confidence on our local players !!! Giving the ball to Shafi on the first over up against Gayles or giving the ball to rajib at the death or sending Milon/Marshal Aiyub ahead of Russel will definitely boost up the confidence of these local players!! Really good to see !!
Oh mai...this is a very knowledgeable post. I am amazed. :up:

FagunerAgun
February 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
Hi, DG Simon, nice and timely thread to defuse our boilingk brains for poor/strong captaincy in BPL. :D:up:

Nadim
February 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
amar prio AYUB re shakib WARNE banaia dilo:D:fire:

Mahir
February 20, 2012, 02:53 PM

Agreed entirely. :up:

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 06:35 PM
amar prio AYUB re shakib WARNE banaia dilo:D:fire:

Ayub was superb !! We should nurture this boy properly. In a SLA dominated country it's good to see a quality legspinner. The condition of Chittagong pitch helped him a lot. Good find !!

i_1_primeval_man
February 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
Ayub was superb !! We should nurture this boy properly. In a SLA dominated country it's good to see a quality legspinner. The condition of Chittagong pitch helped him a lot. Good find !!

Ayub was far from quality last night. MUllah and Murali got out to juicy half trackers which they could have sent to any corner of the gallery on any other day and Cooper played a very bad shot. Only Zia's one was a decent ball. Marshall got assistance from the pitch and spun the ball nicely, butkept bowling way too many long hops. Bottom line is, he's far from quality and there is a very good chance we would see another 36 runs over if he keeps bowling in comepetetive matches apart from DPL or NCL.

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
Ayub was far from quality last night. MUllah and Murali got out to juicy half trackers which they could have sent to any corner of the gallery on any other day and Cooper played a very bad shot. Only Zia's one was a decent ball. Marshall got assistance from the pitch and spun the ball nicely, butkept bowling way too many long hops. Bottom line is, he's far from quality and there is a very good chance we would see another 36 runs over if he keeps bowling in comepetetive matches apart from DPL or NCL.

I actually meant that if he is nurtured properly he has the potential to be a quality legspinner!! That's why I said that the condition of Chittagong pitch has helped him. I am happy to see a legspinner shining as it was only SLA show so far. But you are right you can judge his quality only in the international matches and he can always improve from there.

oronnya
February 20, 2012, 07:21 PM
Oh mai...this is a very knowledgeable post. I am amazed. :up:

lojjai fele dilen to Faaguner Agun bhai !! emon ki bollam :blush:

jeesh
February 20, 2012, 11:10 PM
Sakib still is the best captain-leads by example, astute thinker. Riyad has also proved his ability-calm, mature, intelligent cricketer. Mushy too has been good. But theres no doubt these three are miles ahead of SN and Mashrafee.

zinatf
February 20, 2012, 11:32 PM
Shakib's miles ahead than that of any other captains.....as for Mashrafe and Mushfiq they atill have to go a long way

WorldCup11
February 21, 2012, 12:42 AM
Ekta poll thakle khub valo hoto .. I'll give my unbiased vote to .... Ufff ,oi durunto pichi cheletar ki naam ? oi ze full yellow jersy pore team ke lead korche? keeping o kore?

I agree with TE bhai "Winning solves all criticism" :) zodi prothom 2 ta match bad die, amar mone hoy duronto dolta unbeaten thakbe until BPL finishes :) just my opinion.

simon
February 21, 2012, 07:42 AM
[বাংলা]আসলে একজন ক্যাপ্টেন এর সফলতা নির্ভর করে তার খেলোয়াড় এর পারফর্মেন্স এর উপর মুশি র ভাগ্য ভাল যে জুনায়েদ ইনযি আর শমুএল ভাল খেলছে
নইলে দুরন্ত অনেক বড় বেবধান এ হারত।[/বাংলা]

afzal_ad
February 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
mushi the little warrior....:clap:

playmaker
February 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
Mushfiq did a brilliant job in the field...but I think it was less about on-field, rather motivating the team which allowed them to have such a winning streak. You may have the best cricketers in the world but they will not be able to perform as a team when there is no co-operation and team spirit.

lamisa
February 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
mushy has been excellent. the way his team was so crap at the beginning and now they are winning 'em all is truly amazing

simon
February 24, 2012, 01:40 PM
nothing to write about the captains for today's match , only thing to talk about is Ryad's captaincy when they came to bowl,opening the bowling with spinners was a smart move,and also the bowling changes worked pretty well.