PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani held on charge of BPL spot-fixing

MohammedC
February 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
Pakistani held on charge of BPL spot-fixing

The Bangladesh Cricket Board on Sunday detained a Pakistani citizen for his suspected involvement in spot-fixing during the ongoing Bangladesh Premier League. He was handed over to the police.

Karachi resident Sajid Khan arrived in Dhaka on February 10 in the guise of a cosmetic businessman and watched every BPL matches after his arrival. The BCB security chief, retired colonel Mesbahuddin Serniabat, said that they had kept an eye on Sajid since the BPL Chittagong phase and finally captured him on Sunday.

‘His movement was very suspicious and we followed him from Chittagong,’ he said adding that they had immediately taken him to the visiting ICC Anti-Corruption and Security Unit official before handing him over to the Mirpur police.

The police were supposed to raid the Hotel Grand Prince at Mirpur where Sajid was staying.

Sources said that officials had found the bank account number of Chittagong Kings’ Pakistani batsman Nasir Jamshed and the e-mail address of Dhaka Gladiators’ Rana Naved-ul Hasan in his mobile inbox.

He was making a call to Pakistan every time a six was struck while watching the game from the VIP southern gallery just on the top of a dressing room and several times attempted to enter the players’ zone.

‘We filed an FIR where we explained everything to police,’ Serniabat said.

The incident took place in less than three weeks from the time former national captain Mashrafee bin Muratza alleged that he was approached by a former cricketer for spot-fixing.

The BCB launched a formal investigation following incident which is yet to be completed.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/51658.html

simon
February 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
not again :facepalm:
this guy is quite anari,
but JAmshed's batting was weird in the last 3 matches, just sayin, he wasn't explosive at all.

Night_wolf
February 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
lol...just :facepalm:...no wonder ipl doesn't want them

Nadim
February 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
Jamshed er khel khotom :D

About Rana? I'm not surprised. he is a master of this :mad:

There might be more...

simon
February 26, 2012, 03:04 PM
and we still wanna go to Pak to play a series? :mad:
what security/guarantee do we have? :timeout:

dash
February 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
Bad publicity for bpl

TigerEz
February 26, 2012, 04:54 PM
i want rana naved to go cuz it will make room for nazmul hossain or robiul islam

idrinkh2O
February 26, 2012, 05:03 PM
why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

ialbd
February 26, 2012, 08:45 PM
dhurr.... khali khali bpl er naam tar 12 ta bajailo....

good job BCB on keeping a close eye on these things.

if this is true all I can say is they were all paid a decent amount of money and yet they wanted more.... ah greed....

Shubho
February 26, 2012, 09:01 PM
Wow. Pakistani involved in spot fixing. Way to confirm the stereotype.

playmaker
February 26, 2012, 09:31 PM
Nasir's performance in the last few matches have been suspicious.

If Nasir is involved his BPL contract should be terminated forever. Id rather have Brendan Taylor playing a rusty innings than having a player who plays poorly intentionally and getting his own team into issues. And this guy got 2 batsman run out.

And from next time, I dont want to see more than 2 pakistani's per team. Infact, a team shudnt be able to take more than 2 foreigners of the same country

Dilscoop
February 26, 2012, 11:51 PM
I don't think this is bad publicity for BPL. If anything it's a shame for Pakistan. This actually makes BPL look good for catching the jackA and turning him in.

PoorFan
February 27, 2012, 12:35 AM
Sources said that officials had found the bank account number of Chittagong Kings’ Pakistani batsman Nasir Jamshed and the e-mail address of Dhaka Gladiators’ Rana Naved-ul Hasan in his mobile inbox.
I dont want to see those two on the field anymore, No team should pick them up for the team from next year too. Unbelieveable! howcome they still get involved in spot fixing!?!? What an embarrassing news for rest of the Pakistani players in BPL!

F6_Turbo
February 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
Very disappointing news :(

Zeeshan
February 27, 2012, 01:03 AM
Didn't say didn't warn ya (http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042)

tiger_2007
February 27, 2012, 02:03 AM
BPL authority was suspicious about the match fixing and that's the only reason why NO Pakistani was made captain for any of the franchise so far. Especially, Kamran Akmal could have been the captain of the Sylhet Royals when Alok Kapali refused to accept the captaincy in the beginning. I am sure that no franchise will appoint any Pakistani as the captain of any team in any parts of the world for 20/20 format except in Pkistan. I am NOT against our PAK brothers but the system in Pakistan is fully corrupted as it had been unveiled for last few years.

BengaliPagol
February 27, 2012, 02:23 AM
Instead of drawing conclusions that Jamshed looked suspicious or Rana-Naved looks like the guy to match fix we should just keep calm and focus on the actual game of cricket.

cricket_pagol
February 27, 2012, 02:25 AM
Finally, BPL gets into cricinfo front page... i hope all the culprits are caught, because this is really bad publicity for BPL

thebest
February 27, 2012, 03:32 AM
Bad publicity for bpl
This is nothing called bad publicity (though I wish these tamashas - IPL, Big Bash should die) but definetly bad for Pakistani players. If Tamim has a bad game there would not be any noise about fixing but if a Pakistani has a bad game people would whisper was it bad day in office or good day of payment for not performing. This overall would lower the value of Pakistani players brand value

cricket_king
February 27, 2012, 03:58 AM
Typical. That's all they're good for. Wherever there's a pakistani cricketer, there's bound to be some kind of BS antics.

Rabz
February 27, 2012, 04:28 AM
Now don't get too jumpy on those two pakistani players.
Just because their bank account numbers were found, does not prove that they were involved in spot fixing. Not yet.

Innocent until proven guilty.

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 05:15 AM
If these guyz are found guilty, they should be banned from playing in BD for a lifetime

In addition to getting jailed for short time like Amir and Co.

abu2abu
February 27, 2012, 06:31 AM
i want rana naved to go cuz it will make room for nazmul hossain or robiul islam

But this is unlikely to happen. Would the Gladiators really replace a foreign player with a local one?

The chances are they would pick another foreign player to replace Rana Naved, thereby ensuring they field the full quota of foreign players allowed by the BPL...

abu2abu
February 27, 2012, 06:33 AM
BPL authority was suspicious about the match fixing and that's the only reason why NO Pakistani was made captain for any of the franchise so far. Especially, Kamran Akmal could have been the captain of the Sylhet Royals when Alok Kapali refused to accept the captaincy in the beginning. I am sure that no franchise will appoint any Pakistani as the captain of any team in any parts of the world for 20/20 format except in Pkistan. I am NOT against our PAK brothers but the system in Pakistan is fully corrupted as it had been unveiled for last few years.

Good point. I'd not noticed that before. Having said that though, from the looks of things Akmal effectively captains Sylhet on the field in all but name...

Zunaid
February 27, 2012, 06:34 AM
To be fair - all I've read so far us that only his email addresss was found. While they found the other Pakistani's bank acct number (that's a smoking gun if I ever saw one).

MohammedC
February 27, 2012, 06:58 AM
An official of the Chittagong franchise, requesting anonymity, told The Daily Star that Sajid had been found talking to some of their foreign players during the tournament, eliciting suspicion after sitting directly on top of the players' dugout and dressing room during the matches held in Mirpur.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/latest_news.php?nid=36101

playmaker
February 27, 2012, 07:19 AM
Maybe Nasir Jamshed really is guilty

Id rather have a BPL with lower quality, than having corrupt people playing cricket over here

The English cricketers look good, we can import them whenever needed, is not like Pakistani players are a must...just see how IPL runs

tiger_2007
February 27, 2012, 12:06 PM
Maybe Nasir Jamshed really is guilty

Id rather have a BPL with lower quality, than having corrupt people playing cricket over here

The English cricketers look good, we can import them whenever needed, is not like Pakistani players are a must...just see how IPL runs

I disagree. PAK players should always be there in BPL to make the tournament alternative to IPL crap. IPL would have much higher had there been PAK players with all rumors and so on. Mind you, PAK players are genuinely talented. NO doubt about it. Look at the team as how they are performing even after all those controversies. We should always welcome all players from across the globe to make BPL next to IPL. Currently, we are including associate players in BPL in this season which is generating curiosity among associate cricket nations. Just think about the fans from Zimbabwe or Ireland, they MUST be for their players playing at this level.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=So far, I like the business model for BPL but it needs to be a little more professional. I am sure it will get there over time.<o:p></o:p>

Nadim
February 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
[বাংলা]স্পট ফিক্সিং : পাকিস্তানি নাগরিক সাজিদ রিমান্ডে
[/বাংলা]

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=e13147c18aa5e4aa4cf75185d01cf 826&nttl=2012022707011291881

ustad er mair sesh ratre :D

cricket_king
February 28, 2012, 03:44 AM
I disagree. PAK players should always be there in BPL to make the tournament alternative to IPL crap. IPL would have much higher had there been PAK players with all rumors and so on. Mind you, PAK players are genuinely talented. NO doubt about it. Look at the team as how they are performing even after all those controversies. We should always welcome all players from across the globe to make BPL next to IPL. Currently, we are including associate players in BPL in this season which is generating curiosity among associate cricket nations. Just think about the fans from Zimbabwe or Ireland, they MUST be for their players playing at this level.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=So far, I like the business model for BPL but it needs to be a little more professional. I am sure it will get there over time.<o:p></o:p>

Like playmaker has mentioned, IPL has done decently enough without pakistani players. No one here doubts that pakistani players have talent - they've been playing cricket for a very long time, and have a better first class competition relative to us. The problem is, if you haven't noticed, they're trouble-makers in the cricket world, and this has been proven over and over again. Talent is not only located in pakistan, and there'll be plenty more talent to be found next BPL season. That is, if this tournament doesn't disgrace itself and our nation through these illegal dealings initiated at least one of these pakistani players, in which case there may not be a second season.

lamisa
February 28, 2012, 04:44 AM
ekhaneo eishob? eto taka diye ki korbe?

firstlane
February 28, 2012, 07:00 AM
আবার ফিক্সিংয়ের কালো ছায়া

বিপিএল শুরুর আগেই আলোচনায় উঠে এসেছিল স্পট ফিক্সিং। মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজাকে স্পট ফিক্সিংয়ের প্রস্তাব দেওয়ার ওই ঘটনার তদন্ত শেষ পর্যায়ে। দু-এক দিনের মধ্যেই প্রতিবেদন জমা পড়বে বোর্ডে। তবে তার আগেই বিপিএল কেঁপে উঠেছে ফিক্সিং-সংক্রান্ত নতুন এক ঘটনায় এবং এটি এতটাই মারাত্মক যে, তা প্রশ্ন তুলে দিয়েছে মাঠের ক্রিকেটের স্বচ্ছতা নিয়েও!
এবার আর অভিযোগ নয়, ফিক্সিংয়ের সঙ্গে জড়িত থাকার সন্দেহে গ্রেপ্তারই করা হয়েছে এক পাকিস্তানি নাগরিককে। পরশু চিটাগং কিংস-বরিশাল বার্নার্সের ম্যাচ চলাকালীন মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামের ভিআইপি গ্র্যান্ড স্ট্যান্ড থেকে আটক ওই পাকিস্তানির নাম সাজিদ খান। বিপিএল খেলতে আসা অনেক পাকিস্তানি ক্রিকেটারের সঙ্গে তাঁর ঘনিষ্ঠ যোগাযোগ থাকার বিষয়টি নিশ্চিত হয়েছেন সংশ্লিষ্ট ব্যক্তিরা।
আটকের পর বিসিবির নিরাপত্তা বিভাগ প্রাথমিক জিজ্ঞাসাবাদ করে সাজিদকে। এরপর তাঁকে সোপর্দ করা হয় মিরপুর থানায়, সেখান থেকে গোয়েন্দা পুলিশের হেফাজতে। সন্দেহজনক আচরণের জন্য সাজিদের বিরুদ্ধে মামলাও হয়েছে একটি। কাল আদালতে হাজির করে গোয়েন্দা পুলিশ তাঁকে পাঁচ দিনের রিমান্ডে নেওয়ার আবেদন করলে আদালত দুই দিনের রিমান্ড মঞ্জুর করেছেন বলে জানিয়েছেন বিসিবির মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস। কাল সংক্ষিপ্ত এক প্রেস ব্রিফিংয়ে তিনি বলেছেন, ‘আমাদের কাছে এসব বিষয় তদন্ত করার মতো লোক নেই। আমরা আইনি ব্যবস্থাও নিতে পারব না। আইনশৃঙ্খলা রক্ষাকারী বাহিনীই এটা পারে। অভিযুক্ত ব্যক্তিকে তাই তাদের কাছে সোপর্দ করা হয়েছে। তবে পুলিশ আমাদের কাছে সাহায্য চাইলে আমরা সেটা করব।’
সূত্র জানিয়েছে, চট্টগ্রামে বিপিএলের খেলা চলার সময় থেকেই সাজিদের ওপর চোখ রাখছিল চিটাগং কিংস। গোপনে লোকও লাগানো হয়েছিল তাঁর পেছনে। নজরদারি ছিল বিসিবির নিরাপত্তাকর্মীদে ও। ভিআইপি গ্যালারিতে সাজিদের অবস্থান ছিল বরাবরই ড্রেসিংরুমের আশপাশে। বিপিএল খেলতে আসা পাকিস্তানি ক্রিকেটারদের সঙ্গে তাঁর মাখামাখি ছিল চোখে পড়ার মতো।
পরশু রাজশাহীর ম্যাচ শেষে বিসিবি অফিসের নিচতলার অভ্যর্থনা এলাকায় রাজ্জাকের সঙ্গে কথা বলতে দেখা যায় সাজিদকে, দুজনের মধ্যে বিনিময় হয়েছে ফোন নম্বরও। অভ্যর্থনা এলাকা ড্রেসিংরুমের লাগোয়া বলে সেটি ‘জোন-১’ এর আওতায় পড়ে। অনুমোদিত অ্যাক্রিডিটেশন কার্ড ছাড়া সেখানে কারোরই প্রবেশাধিকার নেই। এ রকম সংরক্ষিত এলাকায় সাজিদকে রাজ্জাকের সঙ্গে কথা বলতে দেখে সন্দেহ বেড়ে যায় নিরাপত্তাকর্মীদে ।
সবচেয়ে সন্দেহজনক ঘটনাটি ঘটে পরশু সন্ধ্যায় চিটাগং কিংস-বরিশাল বার্নার্স দ্বিতীয় ম্যাচের সময়। চিটাগং কিংসের নাসির জামশেদের সঙ্গে তাঁর যোগাযোগের বিষয়টিও স্পষ্ট হয়ে ওঠে তখন। খেলার ধরন এবং আচার-আচরণের কারণে চিটাগং কিংস কর্তৃপক্ষের সন্দেহ ছিল, জামশেদ বিপিএলে ‘কিছু একটা’ করছেন। এই সন্দেহ থেকেই ওপেনার হলেও সম্ভাব্য স্পট ফিক্সিং ঠেকাতে বরিশালের বিপক্ষে নাসিরকে নামানো হয় চার নম্বরে এবং সেটা আগে থেকে তাঁকে না জানিয়েই। এ নিয়ে ড্রেসিংরুমে বিস্ময় প্রকাশ করেন নাসির। এরপর ডাগ-আউটে বসে উদ্বিগ্ন চেহারায় বারবারই তাকাচ্ছিলেন ভিআইপি গ্যালারির দিকে, যেখানে বসা ছিলেন সাজিদ। একপর্যায়ে সাজিদ তাঁর কাছে অটোগ্রাফ চাইলে জামশেদ গ্যালারির কাছে যান। দুজনের মধ্যে কিছু কথোপকথনও হয়ে থাকতে পারে তখন, এমন সন্দেহ চিটাগং কিংসের।
সন্দেহটা নিরাপত্তাকর্মীদে জানানো হলে ভিআইপি গ্যালারি থেকে ডেকে আনা হয় সাজিদকে। ওই সময় সাজিদের সঙ্গে আরও একজন পাকিস্তানি থাকলেও পরে তাঁকে আর পাওয়া যায়নি। তবে জব্দ করা হয় সাজিদের মুঠোফোন। সাজিদের মুঠোফোনে নাসির জামশেদের ফোন নম্বর পাওয়া গেছে বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র। আছে জামশেদের পাঠানো একটি মুঠোফোন বার্তা, যাতে আছে পাকিস্তানের সিল্ক ব্যাংকের লাহোর শাখায় খোলা তাঁর একটি হিসাব নম্বর। ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরসের আরেক পাকিস্তানি ক্রিকেটার রানা নাভেদের ই-মেইল ঠিকানাও মিলেছে সাজিদের ফোনের মেমোরিতে। এ ছাড়া ছিল পাকিস্তানি নম্বর থেকে আসা আরও কয়েকটা খুদেবার্তা। যেখানে সাজিদের ‘পরিশ্রমের’ প্রশংসা করে আশ্বাস দেওয়া হয়েছে, এর সুফল সে পাবে। জিজ্ঞাসাবাদে নাকি নাসির জামশেদের সঙ্গে আর্থিক লেনদেনের কথাও স্বীকার করেছেন সাজিদ।
তবে সাজিদকে প্রাথমিক জিজ্ঞাসাবাদের সময় বিপিএলের ইভেন্ট ম্যানেজমেন্ট কোম্পানি গেম অনের এক কর্মকর্তার আচরণ উপস্থিত অনেককেই বিস্মিত করেছে বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র। সাজিদ এক পাকিস্তানি ক্রিকেটারের নাম বললে ওই কর্মকর্তা সঙ্গে সঙ্গে ফোন করেন সেই ক্রিকেটারকে। ফোনে তাঁকে বলেন, ‘তুমি যা জানো বলো। কোনো সমস্যা নেই। আমি ফোনের স্পিকার অন করে রেখেছি। এখানে পুলিশ, বিসিবি কর্মকর্তা সবাই আছেন।’ সবার সামনে মোবাইলের স্পিকার চালু করার তথ্য জানিয়ে কারও কাছে গোপন কিছু জানতে চাইলে সে কি আদৌ কিছু বলবে? নাকি ‘আমি ফোনের স্পিকার অন করে রেখেছি’ কথাটা পাকিস্তানি ওই ক্রিকেটারের জন্য সাবধানবাণীই ছিল! প্রশ্নটা ঘটনাস্থলে উপস্থিত লোকজনেরই।
ওদিকে নাসির জামশেদকেও কাল জিজ্ঞাসাবাদ করা হয়েছে বলে জানিয়েছে একটি সূত্র। জালাল ইউনুসও দিয়েছেন সে রকম আভাস, ‘বিপিএলের দুর্নীতি দমন বিভাগ তাঁকে জিজ্ঞাসাবাদ করেছে বলে আমি শুনেছি।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-02-28/news/228425

playmaker
February 28, 2012, 09:18 AM
Then that means Nasir Jamshed is involved in Fixing

Get that idiot out of Bangladesh!!

firstlane
February 28, 2012, 09:27 AM
Then that means Nasir Jamshed is involved in Fixing

Get that idiot out of Bangladesh!!

this is daal vaat for us. his place is certain for next season as well.

Roni_uk
February 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
All I will say that thank god its 'Pakistani' and not Bangladeshi.

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
[বাংলা]চিটাগং কিংসের পক্ষ হয়ে স্পট ফিক্সিং করতে আসেন সাজিদ

পাকিস্তানের নাগরিক সাজিদ খান চিটাগং কিংসের পক্ষ হয়ে বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগে (বিপিএল) স্পট ফিক্সিং করতে এসেছিলেন। ওই দলের পাকিস্তানি এক খেলোয়াড়ের সঙ্গে তাঁর যোগাযোগও হচ্ছিল। তাঁর স্বীকারোক্তি ও মুঠোফোনের তালিকার সূত্র ধরে এসব সম্পর্কে নিশ্চিত হওয়া গেছে। আজ বুধবার মামলার তদন্ত সংশ্লিষ্ট মহানগর গোয়েন্দা পুলিশের (ডিবি) এক কর্মকর্তা প্রথম আলোকে এ তথ্য দিয়েছেন।
ডিবি সূত্র জানায়, রিমান্ডে থাকা সাজিদ খান ডিবির জিজ্ঞাসাবাদে জানান, তাঁর সঙ্গে আরও এক পাকিস্তানি এসেছিলেন। বিপিএলের ফাইনাল ম্যাচটিকে লক্ষ্য করেই তাঁরা বাংলাদেশে এসেছিলেন। ম্যাচ ফিক্সিংয়ের সব প্রস্তুতি সম্পন্ন করার পর গত শুক্রবার বাংলাদেশ ত্যাগ করেন সাজিদের সহযোগী। তাঁর প্রতিনিধি হিসেবে বাংলাদেশে দায়িত্ব পালন করছিলেন সাজিদ। এরপর তিনি বিপিএলের বিভিন্ন খেলোয়াড়ের সঙ্গে সুসম্পর্ক গড়ে তোলেন। দুই দিনের রিমান্ড শেষে কাল বৃহস্পতিবার সাজিদ খানকে আদালতে পাঠানো হবে বলে তদন্তকারীরা জানিয়েছেন।
তদন্ত সংশ্লিষ্ট কর্মকর্তারা জানান, সাজিদের সহযোগীকে গ্রেপ্তার করতে পুলিশ সদর দপ্তরের মাধ্যমে ইন্টারপোলের সহায়তা চেয়েছে ডিবি পুলিশ। সাজিদের মোবাইল ফোনের মেসেজ অপশনে লাহোরের সিল্ক ব্যাংকের একটি অ্যাকাউন্ট নম্বর (০০৩২০১১০০০৯২২৬০১) পাওয়া গেছে। ওই হিসাবের মাধ্যমে সাজিদ বড় অঙ্কের আর্থিক লেনদেন করছেন বলে ধারণা করা হচ্ছে। পুলিশ সদর দপ্তরের মাধ্যমে ইন্টারপোলের সহায়তায় ওই হিসাব নম্বরে আর্থিক অসামঞ্জস্যতার বিষয়টি খোঁজ নেওয়া হচ্ছে।
জানতে চাইলে ঢাকা মহানগর পুলিশের (ডিএমপি) গণমাধ্যম শাখার অতিরিক্ত উপকমিশনার প্রথম আলোকে বলেন, সাজিদ খানের কাছ থেকে কিছু গুরুত্বপূর্ণ তথ্য পাওয়া গেছে। তবে তদন্তের স্বার্থে তা বলা যাবে না।
গত সোমবার চিটাগং কিংস ও বরিশাল বার্নাসের উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ ম্যাচের সময়ই মিরপুরে শেরেবাংলা স্টেডিয়ামে আটক হন তিনি। সাজিদ খান নামের সেই পাকিস্তানি নাগরিক নাকি চিটাগং কিংসের খেলোয়াড়দের লাউঞ্জে প্রবেশের চেষ্টা করছিলেন। পরে বিসিবির নিরাপত্তা বিভাগের লোকজন তাঁকে চ্যালেঞ্জ জানিয়ে আটক করে মিরপুর থানা-পুলিশের কাছে সোপর্দ করেন। এ ব্যাপারে স্টেডিয়ামের প্রধান নিরাপত্তা কর্মকর্তা বাদী হয়ে তাঁর বিরুদ্ধে মামলা করেন।
ডিবি কর্মকর্তারা জানান, বিপিএল ঘিরে জুয়াড়িদের তত্পরতা রয়েছে। সাজিদ গোয়েন্দাদের কাছে দাবি করেন, খেলাসংশ্লিষ্ট কাজের পাশাপাশি মেয়েদের কাপড়, মোবাইল ফোন ও কম্পিউটার যন্ত্রপাতির ব্যবসা করেন তিনি। ব্যবসায়িক উদ্দেশ্যেই তিনি ঢাকায় এসেছেন। গত সোমবার তাঁর দেশে ফেরার কথা ছিল। ডিবি কর্মকর্তারা মনে করেন, সাজিদ তাঁদের বিভ্রান্তিতে ফেলতে এ ধরনের তথ্য দিতে পারেন।
সূত্র আরও জানায়, সাজিদ খানের বাড়ি পাকিস্তানের করাচির সি-৬৫ আম্পায়ার সেন্টার, গুলশান জহুরে। তাঁর বাবার নাম ফরিদ খান। ১০ ফেব্রুয়ারি তিনি বাংলাদেশ বিমানের একটি ফ্লাইটে ১৫ দিনের ভিসা নিয়ে ঢাকায় আসেন। প্রথমে মতিঝিলের প্যাসিফিক হোটেলে উঠলেও পরে মিরপুরের গ্র্যান্ড প্রিন্স হোটেলে চলে যান তিনি।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-02-29/news/228779

Zunaid
February 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
Only in Bangladrsh, though, they will actually tell the press the alleged perpetrators bank account number. :facepalm:

zsayeed
February 29, 2012, 07:15 PM
^and the guy's address...

cricheart
March 3, 2012, 07:47 PM
I don't know how many times you see bowlers give gift runs for foot faults in t20. I'm suspicious about this specific event can be fixed, when Sylhet Royals (already tournament out) playing last match against Khulna Royal Bengals, as Abul Hasan giving 3 no balls (best way bowlers to SF) in his first over! giving 38 in 2 overs at end of the day.

BTW this match Sylhet lost by big margin of 69 run, If anyone can recall that specific over, I hope will think same.

playmaker
March 3, 2012, 10:03 PM
^^

I think it was more about pressure, dont think it was fixed

Dilscoop
March 3, 2012, 10:26 PM
Soon it's gonna get very difficult to detect these things. We already can't tell what's real and what's fake. Only way to prevent corruption is to pay the players. Cricketers (barring the rich boards' players) are one of the lowest paid athletes. Also ICC should make sure the upcoming kids are properly educated (specially kids from poor countries). Did Amir even finish schools?

You have to see who is doing this things. If the guys like Ponting, Dhoni, Sachin, Kallis were doing these things then you could say Cricket has a huge issue.

Leafs PWN
April 6, 2012, 04:06 PM
Soon it's gonna get very difficult to detect these things. We already can't tell what's real and what's fake. Only way to prevent corruption is to pay the players. Cricketers (barring the rich boards' players) are one of the lowest paid athletes. Also ICC should make sure the upcoming kids are properly educated (specially kids from poor countries). Did Amir even finish schools?

You have to see who is doing this things. If the guys like Ponting, Dhoni, Sachin, Kallis were doing these things then you could say Cricket has a huge issue.

Agree completely.

But for the time being, everytime a Pakistani player is bought, we need to give them some stern talking, and make it clear that any proof of spot fixing will result in permanent expulsion from Bangladesh, plus confirm jail time.

We pay them well here. No excuse to cheat.

cricheart
June 26, 2012, 06:16 AM
বিপিএল শুরুর ঠিক আগে ঢাকা গ্ল্যাডিয়েটরসের হয়ে খেলা মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা জাতীয় দলের এক সাবেক ক্রিকেটারের কাছ থেকে স্পট ফিক্সিংয়ের প্রস্তাব পাওয়ার অভিযোগ করেছিলেন। বিষয়টা খতিয়ে দেখতে বিসিবি তদন্ত কমিটি গঠন করলেও তদন্তে কী পাওয়া গেছে, সেটা আজ পর্যন্ত জানা যায়নি। তবে বিসিবি সূত্র জানিয়েছে, অভিযুক্ত সাবেক ক্রিকেটার নাকি তদন্ত কমিটির কাছে কান্নাকাটি করে ক্ষমা চেয়েছেন। তদন্ত কমিটি নরম হয়ে গেছে তাতেই। সামাজিকভাবে বিব্রত হওয়ার হাত থেকে বাঁচাতে ওই সাবেক ক্রিকেটারকে শুধু সতর্ক করেই ছেড়ে দেওয়া হয়েছে। এ ছাড়া বিপিএল চলাকালে ম্যাচ পাতানোর সঙ্গে জড়িত সন্দেহে গ্রেপ্তার করেও ছেড়ে দেওয়া হয় সাজিদ খান নামের এক পাকিস্তানি নাগরিককে। এসবের ব্যাখ্যায় বিসিবির মিডিয়া কমিটির প্রধান জালাল ইউনুস বলেছেন, ‘অভিযুক্ত কারও বিরুদ্ধেই সুনির্দিষ্ট প্রমাণ পাওয়া যায়নি। আমাদের কাছে দু-একজনের নাম এসেছে। তবে তাদের সঙ্গে কারও কোনো ধরনের লেনদেনের কোনো প্রমাণ মেলেনি। সেজন্যই ছেড়ে দেওয়া হয়েছে।’
source (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-06-26/news/268825)

This should be the nice end of story we were allways hoping for.