PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread BPL T20 - FINAL: Barisal Burners vs. Dhaka Gladiators, Feb 29, 2012, 18:00 local at SBNS, Mirpur

Pages : 1 [2]

FaHiMa
February 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
its dhaka gladiators.. Right? Not lahore gladiators..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Oh darn and I thought it was the PAK gladiators! Confusion CONFUSION. Pak / lahore same diff. ]
LOL i jk. I'm just bitter.

ahnaf
February 29, 2012, 08:43 AM
Well, if we are going to have so much problem with pakistanis shining bright and running the show, may be we should have had raised our voice before the auction.

May be some rule like No Pakistanis or no more than 2 players from x country.

The fact is that they are the only "big" team players who were available to be here and they came in numbers, big numbers just like the Caribbeans did.

Im not getting too excited about Afridi calling the shots but it is not him to blame.

For all i can see, somebody with the tag of highest paid player and the biggest name in the tournament coming off the plane right after playing a match in a different country and getting right in the middle of the business, wasting no time.

Anybody else could have been just happy to let it go, do his bits, bowl a few over, hit a few sixes and thats it. But No, not Afridi !!

For all I see, he is really taking charge to justify his big price, big star name.
He is doing everything he can to make sure his presence is not just a mere fill in the gaps.

And for the record, I'd rather have bunch of world class players and be the champions of CLT20. Cuz at the end of the, it will be MY CITY that will be the champions, not some players.

but None has told him to act like a captain.. DG didnot buy him to show "Bhaab".. He can justify himself by performance .. He dont need to show Bhaab to justify himself what he is doing now..

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 08:45 AM
Honorable BCB President dekhi bhalo kothai bollo !

F6_Turbo
February 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
Great knock by Hodge under the circumstances, it won't be enough...but he lead Barishal well.

rinathq
February 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
but None has told him to act like a captain.. DG didnot buy him to show "Bhaab".. He can justify himself by performance .. He dont need to show Bhaab to justify himself what he is doing now..

Its not bhaab. its taking the game seriously and trying to share the knowleedge earned from lots of experience.......

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 08:48 AM
Well, if we are going to have so much problem with pakistanis shining bright and running the show, may be we should have had raised our voice before the auction.

May be some rule like No Pakistanis or no more than 2 players from x country.

The fact is that they are the only "big" team players who were available to be here and they came in numbers, big numbers just like the Caribbeans did.

Im not getting too excited about Afridi calling the shots but it is not him to blame.

For all i can see, somebody with the tag of highest paid player and the biggest name in the tournament coming off the plane right after playing a match in a different country and getting right in the middle of the business, wasting no time.

Anybody else could have been just happy to let it go, do his bits, bowl a few over, hit a few sixes and thats it. But No, not Afridi !!

For all I see, he is really taking charge to justify his big price, big star name.
He is doing everything he can to make sure his presence is not just a mere fill in the gaps.

And for the record, I'd rather have bunch of world class players and be the champions of CLT20. Cuz at the end of the, it will be MY CITY that will be the champions, not some players.

Totally Agree Rabz bhai . Afridi is trying hard for our team . I think cameramen also highlighting him too much. If DG qualifies for CLT 20 DG will be one of the favorites as DG have the best local players after KRB .

FagunerAgun
February 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
a caught out is not given

F6_Turbo
February 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
Honorable BCB President dekhi bhalo kothai bollo !

I was thinking the exact same thing... Of course actions speak louder than words. But it was good to see he was thinking about the different demographics, venues and areas for improvement

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 08:52 AM
why is nazimuddin opening ??

batting line up should be:

1. Imran
2. Azhar
3. Afridi
4. Rana Naved

Maysun
February 29, 2012, 08:53 AM
What crap fielding!

FaHiMa
February 29, 2012, 08:53 AM
:eek: WHAT was THAT? dropped

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 08:54 AM
Ohh my Godddd !!!! what a terrible fielder !!!!

ahnaf
Haha.. Our future..

FaHiMa
LOL the second one ....dropped again! hayee hayeee hayeee BUTTERFINGERS!

FagunerAgun
a team like this should not win the final

dash
February 29, 2012, 08:55 AM
last was funny sitting for a shi"

Naimul_Hd
Hahaha...spare Mithun for a moment please Brad !!!

FaHiMa
Third one? ...nope short.

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 08:57 AM
WTF !! Mithun !!

simon
February 29, 2012, 08:58 AM
Mithun domestic e khele eta bhabtei amar obak lage :eek:

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 08:59 AM
Its called Dhaka Gladiators!

just because all the foreign players are Paki doesnt mean you could abuse it upto this level. This is T20 league and u get the best players in to win. Period. A good number of Dhaka players has the potential to walk in the national team very soon. Nazimuddin, Mashrafe, Ashraful, Elias, Anamul...

Yes its disappointing that local lads could have done better. But look at difference in experience in this format! The whole point of getting foreign players is to bring that experience for the locals! How many performed for India in IPL season 1???

honestly, keep people keep your ego away. If you dont support DG, go support Burners.....

One word of advice for you and others who are using the word in bold. Please don't use it. I got an infraction warning for using that word.
And yes, I can uderstand that your feelings will be hurt if your team gets called names. Sorry if i hurt your feelings. But I couldn't agree with your comment that what Afridi is doing is not bhab. How do you explain him refusing a single in the penultimate ball when the non striker is on 47 and playing well? It's definitely not a way to show professionalism. It doesn't tell me that he's trying to justify his big price tag rather that he's a douche with a lot of bhab. Maybe, that's why we got a little bitter.

fuadomar
February 29, 2012, 09:01 AM
Mithun domestic e khele eta bhabtei amar obak lage :eek:

He is a keeper.

simon
February 29, 2012, 09:02 AM
Nazim gelo :facepalm:

ahnaf
February 29, 2012, 09:04 AM
Its not bhaab. its taking the game seriously and trying to share the knowleedge earned from lots of experience.......

so other foreign players neither took game seriously nor shared their experience??

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:04 AM
Nazim gelo :facepalm:

he should have out long time ago twice !

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:06 AM
Now giving chance to Anamul at no.3 in the final really pleased me

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:07 AM
gotta take Imran now

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
One good thing DG have done today is sent the young BD batsmen early in.

oronnya
February 29, 2012, 09:09 AM
One word of advice for you and others who are using the word in bold. Please don't use it. I got an infraction warning for using that word.
And yes, I can uderstand that your feelings will be hurt if your team gets called names. Sorry if i hurt your feelings. But I couldn't agree with your comment that what Afridi is doing is not bhab. How do you explain him refusing a single in the penultimate ball when the non striker is on 47 and playing well? It's definitely not a way to show professionalism. It doesn't tell me that he's trying to justify his big price tag rather that he's a douce with a lot of bhab. Maybe, that's why we got a little bitter.

Ditto !!!!:up::up:

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:09 AM
Moni r bhai er pet to dekhi bhaloi fulche...aro kichu din test match e umpiring korle Orchard hoite beshi din lagbe na !

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:10 AM
Ian bhai is not so bad after all. He's given a chance to Nazim and Anamul to shine.

rinathq
February 29, 2012, 09:11 AM
At least DG owners and coaches have faith in local players. Unlike Barishal, Syllet, Khulna and to some extent Chittagong. Hope Anamul and Ash shines.....

rinathq
February 29, 2012, 09:12 AM
so other foreign players neither took game seriously nor shared their experience??

No one made such big of an impact in this short time......

simon
February 29, 2012, 09:12 AM
And yes, I can uderstand that your feelings will be hurt if your team gets called names. Sorry if i hurt your feelings. But I couldn't agree with your comment that what Afridi is doing is not bhab. How do you explain him refusing a single in the penultimate ball when the non striker is on 47 and playing well? It's definitely not a way to show professionalism. It doesn't tell me that he's trying to justify his big price tag rather that he's a douce with a lot of bhab. Maybe, that's why we got a little bitter.

top :up::up: post

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:13 AM
At least DG owners and coaches have faith in local players. Unlike Barishal, Syllet, Khulna and to some extent Chittagong. Hope Anamul and Ash shines.....

Amrai mone hoy aktu barabari kori

ahnaf
February 29, 2012, 09:13 AM

what impact you are talking about?

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:15 AM
is there any rule that batsmen cant be out if ball goes too high in the sky ???? why so casual approach catching high balls ?

i_1_primeval_man
Damn it. Hujur almost had Nazir. These BB fielder can't take a catch for their lives.

F6_Turbo
I honestly can't believe the dropped catches...did he even touch that?

simon

just wanted to remind you that the 1st match of BPL a player called "Gayle" scored a :100: is that not big enough?

ahnaf
February 29, 2012, 09:16 AM
just wanted to remind you that the 1st match of BPL a player called "Gayle" scored a :100: is that not big enough?

he's probably a fanboy of afridi.. :p

FagunerAgun
February 29, 2012, 09:17 AM
If a half of the catches were taken, game could have been under BB

rinathq
February 29, 2012, 09:19 AM

the difference lies between an opening group stage match and the final which is played the day after a semi final and not to mention this final is the 3rd game in 3 days for him...

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:23 AM
Anamul, Anamul

FaHiMa
February 29, 2012, 09:24 AM
Good attempt by Apu.

ahnaf
February 29, 2012, 09:24 AM
Lol.. Yesterday it was Rajshahi now its barishal trying hard to lose the game..

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:25 AM
fast bowling is killing BB.

Bring Spinners in, Brad.

FagunerAgun
February 29, 2012, 09:25 AM
So many catches dropped! is it a fix?

Night_wolf
February 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
r valo lagena..aita kokhon ses hone..i want to cheer for BD:D...asia cup!

Night_wolf
February 29, 2012, 09:27 AM
So many catches dropped! is it a fix?

hole obak hobo na..

simon
February 29, 2012, 09:27 AM
the difference lies between an opening group stage match and the final which is played the day after a semi final and not to mention this final is the 3rd game in 3 days for him...

if you think a 3 wckt haul creates more impact than a T20 hundred while chasing 165 just because it's a final then I don't have anything to say.

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:30 AM
BB desperately needs some luck.

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
if you think a 3 wckt haul creates more impact than a T20 hundred while chasing 165 just because it's a final then I don't have anything to say.

:up:
Gayle also came straight after playing Big Bash. He came in to the match jet lagged.

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:32 AM
Very impressed with Anamul. He's living up to expectations unlike Mominul.

Night_wolf
February 29, 2012, 09:32 AM
BB desperately needs some luck.

the fat lady has sung

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:33 AM
Good batting by Anamul. Good to see he's not caught up in the grandeur of the occasion.

F6_Turbo
the fat lady has sung

Don't be mean to Adele

rinathq

if you dont count the late show yesterday which made the difference in the end and the intensity and pressure of the final, I have nothing to say either.

I one of the biggest fan of Gayle would never deny his effort. He is a T20 legend. But he didnt have nearly as much pressure as Afridi did. Thats all I am trying to say

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:34 AM
I am waiting to see DG in CLT 20 beating IPL teams

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 09:35 AM
Good to see cricinfo doing ball to ball commentary

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 09:36 AM
I am waiting to see DG in CLT 20 beating IPL teams

Has this been confirmed? I didn't hear anything from BCB saying the champs will go to clt20. Maybe Lipu will change his mind at the last minute again.

FagunerAgun
February 29, 2012, 09:36 AM
parar bowling.

godzilla
February 29, 2012, 09:39 AM
Dhaka got this in the bag ... no way can BB win this from here on

fuadomar
February 29, 2012, 09:39 AM
Has this been confirmed? I didn't hear anything from BCB saying the champs will go to clt20. Maybe Lipu will change his mind at the last minute again.

I heard somewhere that the champ will get an oppurtunity to play in the qualifier.

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
Haha..Hujur dekhi bowling shuru korar agey doa pore.

simon
February 29, 2012, 09:41 AM
if you dont count the late show yesterday which made the difference in the end and the intensity and pressure of the final, I have nothing to say either.

I one of the biggest fan of Gayle would never deny his effort. He is a T20 legend. But he didnt have nearly as much pressure as Afridi did. Thats all I am trying to say

I appreciate what Afridi did and admire his skills & everything but can not accept the way he denied a single to keep strike although Ash was on the other end,very well set on 47.
It's very insulting, Ash was treated like a tail-ender.
If you still say he isn't doing Dada giri or doing bhab I've nothing to say.

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:42 AM
Is there no team from Pakistan in CLT ?

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
Don't be mean to Adele

:lol: Good one..

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:43 AM
the toss was vital...the result could have been different if BB batted 2nd :)

Night_wolf
February 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
Is there no team from Pakistan in CLT ?

No...wait...there is one now

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:46 AM
25k bangladeshi people easily outdone 60k people of India and Australia in Olympic Park in Sydney.

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:46 AM
I appreciate what Afridi did and admire his skills & everything but can not accept the way he denied a single to keep strike although Ash was on the other end,very well set on 47.
It's very insulting, Ash was treated like a tail-ender.
If you still say he isn't doing Dada giri or doing bhab I've nothing to say.

Vai Shakib was clearly nervous in that over against Afridi and bowled all over the place . Shakib bowled a perfect yorker to Ash in the 2nd ball in that over and he was more confident to ball those yorkers against Ash . Amar kache single na neoata kono boro issue mone hoy nai

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:47 AM
No...wait...there is one now

If there is one, none of DG Pakistani players are in it ?

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
Now, lets have a match between DG and Rest of the BPL team :D

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
25k bangladeshi people easily outdone 60k people of India and Australia in Olympic Park in Sydney.

Mani ki bhai?

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 09:51 AM

When was that? Are you talking about the Boishakhi Mela? But that's in April, isn't it?

BANFAN
Haha..Hujur dekhi bowling shuru korar agey doa pore.

O Doa pore jeno beshi na mare....:)

PoorFan
BB attack is a joke.

Night_wolf
February 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
If there is one, none of DG Pakistani players are in it ?

lol...no there is no pak team in clt20...Indian management do not allow pak team...i joked meaning the one pak team as DG...since half the team is pak

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mani ki bhai?

Khela dhektachen ? Kono sound ki pacchen na?

simon
February 29, 2012, 09:53 AM
what a one sided Win
take that Borishal, for the 3rd time :lol:

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:54 AM
When was that? Are you talking about the Boishakhi Mela? But that's in April, isn't it?

Nah. I was talking about T20 match between India and Australia in Olympic Park Stadium.

And 60k people in Boishaki mela in Sydney ? you must be kidding. :)

rinathq
Where was Babu all this time? He bowls pretty decent.!

mufi_02
Khela dhektachen ? Kono sound ki pacchen na?

Mute koira dekhtasi. Ashe pashe lokjon ase, sound deya jabe nah.

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hodge Babu ke age bowl dilo na keno ?? sobai toh DG r onek somalochona korlam. Baki team gula toh aro beshi deshi players der ignore kore

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 09:57 AM
I wanted Ash to score the winning runs

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
Anamul akta chokka maira 50 kor

rinathq
Hodge Babu ke age bowl dilo na keno ?? sobai toh DG r onek somalochona korlam. Baki team gula toh aro beshi deshi players der ignore kore

exactly... just look at their batting line up! and does it make sense to bowl Shehzad before Babu?

simon
Well played Imran & Bijoy :clap:

RazabQ
Get ready for some major boasting by Ian :)

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
Take a bow Anamul !!!! Jak, Bangladeshi winning run ta korlo :)

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 09:59 AM
What a moment for Anamul

F6_Turbo
February 29, 2012, 10:00 AM
Lovely to see one of our own hitting the winning runs!

FaHiMa
The gladiators take it :) --DHAKA Gladiators :D

Nadim
Ian mama jekhane, bipod nai sekhane:fire:

FaHiMa
Can't wait to hear what Ian has to say on BC :)

rinathq
And a local lad scores the winning runs................ DHAKA GLADIATORS CHAMPS!!!!!!!

:fire::fire::fire::joy::joy::joy::joy::bravo::brav o::bravo:

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 10:01 AM

I was about to say that but refrained thinking of BC warning/infraction/ban.

Nadim
February 29, 2012, 10:01 AM
Where ru anti Anamul?:-P

Maysun
February 29, 2012, 10:03 AM
Congratulations Dhaka Gladiators!

mufi_02
Mash and Ash koi?

Naimul_Hd
Lol...Rubel did not want to shake hands with Rohan :D

simon
[বাংলা]Dhaka ROCKS
Murubbi ROCKS
Jhornadhara ROCKS[/বাংলা] :fire: :fire: :fire:

:fanflag:

Murad
February 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
Call it a pakistani or half pakistani team.

but this is the team that gives local players chances in the top 4 unlike khulna and other teams.

khulna never played a local player in top 4.

HereWeGo
February 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
If DG is allowed in champions league than note that there is no limit for foreign players in CL.

So DG team might be 6 pakistanis, 1 West indian, 1 Dutch, 1 English, and 2 bangladeshis.... :P

LOL

Naimul_Hd
Mash and Ash koi?

Era kara ?

Night_wolf

Shakib batted at number 4 most of the time

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 10:06 AM
Well done DG and Anamul. Congratz.
BB was pathetic. We should've played instead of them to save it from being such a one-sided affair.

Murad
February 29, 2012, 10:06 AM
If DG is allowed in champions league than note that there is no limit for foreign players in CL.

So DG team might be 6 pakistanis, 1 West indian, 1 Dutch, 1 English, and 2 bangladeshis.... :P

LOL
they follow the local rules. like county teams follow county rules. so dg will follow the same rules they are following now.

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 10:08 AM
Nah. I was talking about T20 match between India and Australia in Olympic Park Stadium.

And 60k people in Boishaki mela in Sydney ? you must be kidding. :)

But i thought the T20 match was in SCG, No? I must be wrong then.

fuadomar

He deserves it, right? He was there from the beginning at auction table. Best among 6. By the way, among others Law was also in the auction table, LOL.

Night_wolf
BB was pathetic. We should've played instead of them to save it from being such a one-sided affair.

what made u think u could have beaten Rajshahi :p

Rifat H

but this is the team that gives local players chances in the top 4 unlike khulna and other teams.

Totally agree vai. Also Mash opens the bowling . Ajke easily Mahmood batting korte aste parto Anamul ar age . onnano team tai korto . So i am happy that DG has won the BPL

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
O Doa pore jeno beshi na mare....:)

Bhai apnar jadu to thik shomoye eshe shesh hoye gelo. Asia cup e jeno emon na hoi:)

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 10:10 AM

Because unlike others team, local top order batters (Ash, Anamul) in DG performed better. If they had not performed better earlier matches, management wont dare to send them early.

Murad
February 29, 2012, 10:10 AM
Shakib batted at number 4 most of the time

not most of the games. only 3/4 game.

F6_Turbo
February 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
Shob my Allah-ke thank korlo...Can't remember this being the norm for local players even 18 months ago

HereWeGo
February 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
they follow the local rules. like county teams follow county rules. so dg will follow the same rules they are following now.

None of the IPL teams followed the local rules for the second edition of CL...

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 10:12 AM
Why is Sheena dressed like Cinderella?

i_1_primeval_man

Ian bhai looked really proud. I'll have to run for cover. I was a little critical of him. I am sure he'll comeback all guns blazing.

Naimul_Hd
Totally agree vai. Also Mash opens the bowling . Ajke easily Mahmood batting korte aste parto Anamul ar age . onnano team tai korto . So i am happy that DG has won the BPL

Do you think if the target was 180+, they would gamble sending Anamul before Azhar ?

Tiger444
Congrats to Dhaka for winning the BPL Cup! They deserved it in the end and adding Afridi and Ajmal at the end did the trick. Nazir is some kind of player as well. Now hopefully Dhaka represent us well in the CLT20. They are definitely a team that can make some serious noise.

Tmahmud
Shamim: You were there Sheena, waving like a princess...enjoyed that *You know what I mean face*

LOL

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 10:13 AM
Shamim to Sheena: You were like a princess waving in the crowds (or something like that)

:lol:

Murad
Because unlike others team, local top order batters (Ash, Anamul) in DG performed better. If they had not performed better earlier matches, management wont dare to send them early.
bhalo perform korar pore batting order e niche chole gese. example barisal.

khulna to prothom thekei top 4 e kono deshi ke chance deini. i think its the 4th/5th game shakib came in at 4.

Tmahmud
Dhaka!!!!

I miss Dhaka now, wish I was there :(

Ajfar
February 29, 2012, 10:14 AM

Zia got the chance to open. Imrul opened how many times for sylhet before getting dropped?

ialbd
February 29, 2012, 10:15 AM
one-sided final as I have anticipated..... missed the entire match.... but dont think I have missed much...

sorry to interrupt.... carry on with the half-pak team & lahore gladiators, clt20, local vs foreign debate ...

Naimul_Hd
Shob my Allah-ke thank korlo...Can't remember this being the norm for local players even 18 months ago

This is called "Pakistani players influence". When you have team filled with pakistani players, it bounds to happen. I hope, pakistani players didnt teach them techniques of 'spot fixing', 'match fixing'.

Murad
Do you think if the target was 180+, they would gamble sending Anamul before Azhar ?

they would. they gave him chance at the top in the earlier games as well.

simon
February 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
Ki baje theme song by Bappi :sick: :sick: :sick: first time hearing it clean :sick:

Night_wolf
Ian bhai looked really proud. I'll have to run for cover. I was a little critical of him. I am sure he'll comeback all guns blazing.

scary..really scary...BC theke udhao hote hobe koydiner jonne

Ajfar
None of the IPL teams followed the local rules for the second edition of CL...

No everyone did except Mumbai.They were short on local players because of injury reason, so they were allowed to play 5 foreign players instead of 4.

1iram1
February 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
Has the presentation ceremony happened yet?

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 10:21 AM

Target 180 hok ar 140 ,Anamul ak match chara baki 3-4 ta match a bolar moto kono score kore nai. So it was a bold decision to send Anamul.

simon
February 29, 2012, 10:21 AM

Kokhonoi pathaito na.:D
Still I appreciate that it was an easy target & they thought Anamul is not as hard hitting batsman as Azhar or Ash, he can play a good supporting role with the hard hitter Imran, so good move :up:

HereWeGo
February 29, 2012, 10:22 AM
No everyone did except Mumbai.They were short on local players because of injury reason, so they were allowed to play 5 foreign players instead of 4.

You are right.. my bad..i stand corrected..:up:

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 10:23 AM
Waiting for View from the Edge

simon

shekaronei ami dube dube jol khaise :D
waiting for "araal theke dekha" or "konaichcha kore dekha" or "aar chokhe dekha" :D

i_1_primeval_man
they would. they gave him chance at the top in the earlier games as well.

How many times? You are saying Shakib batted in the top order only in the last 3/4 games. Could you tell me how many times anamul came in the top order?
CK had Jahurul opening for most of the tournament. Imrul opened for SR before he got dropped. So let's not get carried away. It's pretty much the same in all the teams.

PoorFan
February 29, 2012, 10:24 AM
Shamim talk too much.

Tmahmud
February 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
Did he say ipl!?!

Kill arun lal!

AMD128
February 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
ARUN LAL! He just said IPL :facepalm:

1iram1
February 29, 2012, 10:29 AM
^ Twice

FaHiMa
February 29, 2012, 10:29 AM
Arun Lal just yelled IPL ...twice! :eek: AWKWARDDDD!!!

rakib08
February 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
IPLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what the hell

Tmahmud
Arun Lal's hotel room is SO getting stoned tonight!

Rifat H
How many times? You are saying Shakib batted in the top order only in the last 3/4 games. Could you tell me how many times anamul came in the top order?
CK had Jahurul opening for most of the tournament. Imrul opened for SR before he got dropped. So let's not get carried away. It's pretty much the same in all the teams.

Its not about the batsmen only . Now how many matches did Noor, Sohag gazi, Abul hossain, Kamrul islam Rabbi ,Al-Amin , Alauddin Babu , Asif Ahmed etc played compared to Anamul . I think all local players in DG squad got atleast 3-4 chances .

i_1_primeval_man
Is it a procession in the presentation ceremony?

PoorFan
Arun you idiot made the blunder in big time!

RazabQ
Shahriar Nafees started as captain and icon player and ended up not even playing in the side that made it to the finals

simon
Arun IPL ??????:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::fac epalm::facepalm:

the whole crowd went :shh: :facepalm:
At first I thought he was making a fun of IPL. :facepalm:

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 10:31 AM
PUT your hands up for IPL???

WTF!!!!!

He didnt say Ooops or sorry

Curse this guy!

mufi_02
Lal er chakri gese. He is one of the adviser for Game-ON. The company that organized BPL

i_1_primeval_man
It's a good thing that they gave a shout out to the chief groundsman.

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 10:32 AM
Arun Lal, :facepalm:

HereWeGo
February 29, 2012, 10:32 AM
Arun IPL ??????:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::fac epalm::facepalm:

the whole crowd went :shh: :facepalm:
At first I thought he was making a fun of IPL. :facepalm:

He was not the first!!
Sheena made errors with india and bangladesh a few times... but sheena is sheena :P Dont expect a seasoned commentrator like Arun to make such error and that too twice :D

AMD128
February 29, 2012, 10:33 AM
It's a good thing that they gave a shout out to the chief groundsman.

:up: :up: They deserve it.

FaHiMa
February 29, 2012, 10:33 AM
I think Lal realized his mistake. His voice started to break down

simon
February 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
Arun Lal saying IPL twice gotta be "spot-fixing or comment fixing :D

i_1_primeval_man
February 29, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hodgy gave the Queen's wave to the crowd.

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
Brad Hodge

Respect this guy

So calm no matter what position he is in.

No wonder he is asked to play all round the world and tamim cant play for his own divisional team

Tmahmud
Brad Hodge

Respect this guy

So calm no matter what position he is in.

No wonder he is asked to play all round the world and tamim cant play for his own divisional team

Top post.:up::up:

playmaker
BPL has revived the career of many of our old stars: Ash, mash and enamul

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
Arun Lal aktu beshi excited hoye geche . Beta aro vul korbe mone hoy !!

FaHiMa
February 29, 2012, 10:39 AM
WOW Ash got 9 catches ! Good Stuff :)

i_1_primeval_man
Yay, Ashraful wins something...Good on him

Naimul_Hd
'First of all Thanks to God/Allah' -- cant they say it in different way ? May be, 'With the help of almighty,.....' !

fuadomar
February 29, 2012, 10:40 AM
Shahriar Nafees started as captain and icon player and ended up not even playing in the side that made it to the finals

I don't think he is not that bad not to make it to the 11. Specially when Mithun, Farhad got the chance.

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 10:41 AM
Youngsters should emulate Ash's batting but his liveliness in the feel. The locals look zombies in the middle of the tournament, apart from fielding they do nothing..no clapping, cheering and stuffs

PoorFan
February 29, 2012, 10:41 AM
Arun is a dedicated soul, seems to be good guy. That IPL blunder apart though.

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 10:42 AM
Sunny most valuable local player??

I think Sakib deserved it...13 wickets and about 200-250 runs in the tournament

shakibrulz
February 29, 2012, 10:42 AM
WTF? Sunny wins the most valuable player award? Are you kidding me?

If Shakib gets no award, I'm going to be awfully pissed off here.

simon
February 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
Really Happy for Elias & Ashraful, they made useful contributions . :up:

HereWeGo

He is an Amazing soul...
He cheered BPL so much... he and Danny did a lot for bringing excitement into watching this tournament...

shakibrulz
Morons, and Azhar Mahmood gets the foreign player award.

:mad:

simon
February 29, 2012, 10:45 AM
Man of the tour shld be Imran

oronnya
February 29, 2012, 10:46 AM
seriously Sunny is the most valuable local player??? huh that's a news.. only 17 wickets fetch him the award!! huh

shakibrulz
Okay, so I take that back. Sorry guys. Man of the tournament! And wow, crowd has gone absolutely mad!

SHAKIB!!! :love:

mufi_02
He is an Amazing soul...
He cheered BPL so much... he and Danny did a lot for bringing excitement into watching this tournament...

Coz he is one of the adviser for Game-On.

Tmahmud
Bangladesh er jaan, bangladesher praan,

Shakib al Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan!!!

Night_wolf
they have to stop giving every award to players of wining teams...some MoMs were misplaced...now Shakib not getting the MVP of locals is totally stupid

Naimul_Hd
Yayyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!

SHakib gets the car !!! :D

FaHiMa
Sakib gets the car! Wooohooo

fuadomar
February 29, 2012, 10:47 AM
WTF? Sunny wins the most valuable player award? Are you kidding me?

If Shakib gets no award, I'm going to be awfully pissed off here.

They kept him for the best one!

Night_wolf
February 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
Now shakib wining MoT is also stupid...MoT should have been azhar mahmood

simon
February 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
that was a BIG SURPRISE SAkib :lol: yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :joy: :fire:
Sakib the Man Of the Series, every1 thght it will be either Shehzad or Azhar or Imran, I think they are shocked . :floor:

i_1_primeval_man
Yayay..The poster boy of BD cricket, the superstar of superstars, Bangladesher Jaan, Bangladesher praan, Shakib Al Hasan wins the car...loved the cheer for him..He lives up to his big name all the time..very happy for him..

Naimul_Hd
they have to stop giving every award to players of wining teams...some MoMs were misplaced...now Shakib not getting the MVP of locals is totally stupid

Haha...true.

Shakib did not get MVP Local Players but he gets 'Man of the Series' award ?

fuadomar
February 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Look where is ash!

BANFAN
February 29, 2012, 10:51 AM
All the officials just removed Mash from the scene of receiving the cup....:)

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
What a shame !!! Captain re cup nite na dia owner agei hath baray

dash
stupid owner ull get the trophy u idiots

mufi_02
I wonder what is TI doing at this moment? Kajer-buar sathe jhogra?

shakibrulz
February 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
You can't be serious? Shakib has vastly superior stats to Azhar, both with the ball and with the bat. Not his fault that team sucked in the semis now, is it?
<table class="engineTable"><tbody><tr class="data1"><td nowrap="nowrap">
</td><td nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

PoorFan
February 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
The owner and his sons? are pure idiot.

dolcevita
February 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
Tamim is the big ( by miles ) flop , disappointment of this tournament

And this tournament also shows , LAW coaching ability : his team is in the bottom

BANFAN
February 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
seriously Sunny is the most valuable local player??? huh that's a news.. only 17 wickets fetch him the award!! huh

I think he is also the highest wicket taker in BPL....:)

Anyway, mone hoy Rzzak er bhat Marlo cheleta....

simon
February 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
If the MoS award is purely based on stats, wckts,runs then Sakib is the well deserved winner.
But if it is based on the performances that helped the team to win then it should've been Azhar/Imran or may be Shehzad.

as far as I've seen in Test series or ODIs the MoS is won by a player who has scored a lot of runs or taken a lot of wckts or both regardless the result of the match , which is why Sakib also won the MoS recently in the WI test series.

BANFAN
February 29, 2012, 11:01 AM

Did he call the captains for chat?? I missed the first part...

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 11:03 AM
Shakib deserved the MOT award .

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 11:03 AM
He also said A F M mostafa kamal

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
Mash was hugging sakib like anything

That should put an end to all those Rumours of the enemity between them

F6_Turbo
February 29, 2012, 11:06 AM
Really disappointed with some of the post match interviews...

Azhar Mahmood thanking every Pakistani player, but no mention of any of the local players :( Then again can you blame him...

Mashrafee made no mention of the youngster today, who'll remember hitting those winnings runs forever...nor did he deem Ashraful worthy of praise(praise he undoubtedly reserved). Not to mention, not giving a shout out to the support staff...

Arul Lal and his IPL :lol: - easy enough gaffe to make, so I forgive him, lovely touch giving the groundsman his moment - I am such a sucker for this sort of sentimental stuff, might as well turn on a chick flick now...haha.

Naimul_Hd
February 29, 2012, 11:09 AM
Mash was hugging sakib like anything

That should put an end to all those Rumours of the enemity between them

well, Mash has no problem with Shakib. Based on rumors, its shakib who may have problem with Mash. But both the players deny such rumors. So, no more shakib, Mash controversy please.

crikfreak
February 29, 2012, 11:13 AM
Congratulations to Dhaka Gladiators :D :D
VERY pleased with their victory :D
Mashrafe <3

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 11:14 AM
well, Mash has no problem with Shakib. Based on rumors, its shakib who may have problem with Mash. But both the players deny such rumors. So, no more shakib, Mash controversy please.

Yeah and hopefully mashrafee's presence will give us a huge boost in the Asia cup .

mufi_02
February 29, 2012, 11:17 AM
Mash - Most respectful player in the team.
Shakib - Most valuable player in the team.
Ash - Most enigmatic player in the team.

riajul
February 29, 2012, 11:19 AM
Mashrafe er jonno Dhaka team ke support korlam but Mash ke Dhakar owner and his son thik moto trophy ta dhorte dilo na. <b>I am so sad.</b>

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
Mash ke Owner beta ar tar chele cup nite dilo na aita vebe amar mejaj kharap hoitache . Stupidity r akta shima ache !!

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 11:34 AM
I wonder whether Ash deserves some more chances??? Ill have him in the starting XI for T20s

The guy played well under pressure and we cant at least take away that from him

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 11:42 AM
I wonder whether Ash deserves some more chances??? Ill have him in the starting XI for T20s

The guy played well under pressure and we cant at least take away that from him

Agree. Also Shahadat showed responsibility and bowled yorkers consistently with good pace . I want to give him another go in ODI and T20

Nadim
February 29, 2012, 11:49 AM
Agree. Also Shahadat showed responsibility and bowled yorkers consistently with good pace . I want to give him another go in ODI and T20

One gd over and you want SRK in the team???:wow:

Rifat H
February 29, 2012, 11:54 AM

Are na vai. o duita match ai valo bowl korche . Deikha mone hoiche weight o komaiche kichu and looked more focused to perform well. Pace o consistently 135 kph ar kachakachi chilo . Shakib o Shafiul ke na nia SRK ke khelaiche

Roni_uk
February 29, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mash - Most respectful player in the team.
Shakib - Most valuable player in the team.
Ash - Most enigmatic player in the team.

ya understood but who is the most prettiest?

Dhakablues
February 29, 2012, 12:00 PM
ya understood but who is the most prettiest?

Prettiest? Isnt that reserved for 'Appridi'by the Dhaka girls and their moms? :)

oronnya
February 29, 2012, 12:06 PM

Are you serious??? Shakib batted, bowled, took catches and captained his team and also he contributed with both bat and ball in all the the wins of KRB and led from the front,,.. what else do you want him to do to be considered as the better all rounder than mahmood ???? It's not Shakib's fault that his team doesn't contribute and leave the job for him... it's not his fault that his team lost those matches... Shakib is a far better player than Mahmood and he deserve that man of the series award.. even Arunlaal was saying he is the picture boy of BD , inspiration for all the future cricketer from all over the world and he is the captain par excellence !!!:applause::notworthy:

playmaker
February 29, 2012, 12:09 PM

This guy bowled with lot guts in the last 2 matches. Bowling yorkers at crucial stages is what is required from our bowlers...even Shafiul was benched to play SRK.

Tiger444
February 29, 2012, 12:20 PM

Honestly speaking, who else do we have? Mash, Nazmul, and Rubel fill in the 3 pacer spots but who else is there? Farhad could be considered but the rest of the pacers aren't internationally ready yet.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Dhakablues
February 29, 2012, 12:53 PM
I thought that Alauddin was played too little. He looked promising. Forhard Reza and Al Amin needs tweaking and more muscles and Shafiul seems really unimaginative, still doesnt have the pwer and not willing to try anything new. No doubt, Mahrafee, Shahadat, Rubel are the 3 performing pacers we have right now..

rakib08
February 29, 2012, 03:14 PM
Full highlight of BPL final http://onlinewatchsport.com/watch-live-bpl-cricket-highlight-final-dhaka-gladiator-vs-barisal-burners-online/

Mr-khan
February 29, 2012, 04:08 PM
Why Shahriar Nafees did not play the final match?

HereWeGo
February 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Why Shahriar Nafees did not play the final match?

According to him, the team management and Nafees himself realised that he was not useful batting at no 6. So for team combination he decided to sit in the dugout..

idrinkh2O
February 29, 2012, 05:50 PM
Bangladesh Premier League - Final
Barisal Burners v Dhaka Gladiators
Dhaka Gladiators won by 8 wickets (with 26 balls remaining)

Congrats to DG! :bravo:
Overall, it was a great tournament and a great learning experience for our cricketers! :applause:

FagunerAgun
February 29, 2012, 06:15 PM
Congrats.....paniwala..this thead worked well for you, DG.