PDA

View Full Version : I miss BPL!!!

MohammedC
March 1, 2012, 07:47 AM
I am already missing BPL. Life is boring.

Naimul_Hd
March 1, 2012, 07:56 AM
I miss it too, but not the fantasy league. Glad that's finished. Too much humiliation being in the lower rank. :)

Rifat H
March 1, 2012, 08:01 AM
I am too. Vaggo valo samne Asia cup kintu ar pore .... vabteo voy lage :sigh::sigh::sigh:

i_1_primeval_man
March 1, 2012, 08:05 AM
Yes, where is my daily dose of cricket?..

Rifat
March 1, 2012, 08:10 AM
hmmm.....Fantasy league for Asia Cup?? :smug:

Rabz
March 1, 2012, 08:27 AM
BPL withdrawal syndrome.
Suffering all day.

I need my cricfix.
I need my Bangladeshi cricfix.

i_1_primeval_man
March 1, 2012, 08:34 AM
BPL withdrawal syndrome.
Suffering all day.

I need my cricfix.
I need my Bangladeshi cricfix.

I used to watch almost any cricket match before, but for the last 4-5 years I rarely watch any cricket match where Bangladesh or a Bangladeshi team doesn't play. Others just don't do it for me these days.

MohammedC
March 1, 2012, 08:51 AM
I used to watch almost any cricket match before, but for the last 4-5 years I rarely watch any cricket match where Bangladesh or a Bangladeshi team doesn't play. Others just don't do it for me these days.

I have joined your club long ago.

dash
March 1, 2012, 09:08 AM

yap agreed

Navo
March 1, 2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah same here. If any match is particularly spectacular, I try to catch the highlights online though.

Rabz
March 1, 2012, 09:19 AM

Ditto.
Other cricket matches just dont appeal to me anymore.
I might just catch few minutes here and there, but thats.

I've watched the IPL though.

playmaker
March 1, 2012, 09:40 AM
Just feel that the tournament is a bit too small...19 days is too less

Night_wolf
March 1, 2012, 09:42 AM

i have been a member of that club since 2000

F6_Turbo
March 1, 2012, 09:45 AM
That's the way it should be...keep it short and sweet. Never completely sate the hunger of your fanbase, keep them wanting more.

Otherwise we'll go the route of the IPL - drop in attendance and tv audiences.

Obviously there has to be some tweaks, and with more venues coming into the picture, the next edition will probably become a month long affair, but please no longer than that.

mufi_02
March 1, 2012, 10:08 AM
Overall from BC fans' reaction, BPL is somewhat a success story. Plenty of excitment.

But KalerKantho and even to a certain extent Prothom Alo and other media seems to think otherwise. Majority of their coverage was negative. I don't know why they did so.

playmaker
March 1, 2012, 10:16 AM
dont know, they only see negatives...no optimism from them

i_1_primeval_man
March 1, 2012, 10:29 AM
That's the way it should be...keep it short and sweet. Never completely sate the hunger of your fanbase, keep them wanting more.

Otherwise we'll go the route of the IPL - drop in attendance and tv audiences.

Obviously there has to be some tweaks, and with more venues coming into the picture, the next edition will probably become a month long affair, but please no longer than that.

I would still want it to be a 3 week affair. That way we would be able to attract more good overseas players. Who wouldn't want a pocketful of money for such a short stint? If it gets longer, it'll be more likely to clash with other leagues and tournament. Thus, we'll lose the star attraction and competetiveness.
But with the introduction of more venues I don't know how that's possible. May be, instead of going from one place to another, they should try to accomodate games at multiple venues simultaneously.

F6_Turbo
March 1, 2012, 10:40 AM
^ 60 cameras for 2 venues as opposed to 30 for the one venue - doubling up of all support staff...

It would be ideal, but costs would skyrocket, not that we care, but Game On will certainly care, seeing as how it'll probably hit their bottom line.

Ajfar
March 1, 2012, 10:52 AM
Just feel that the tournament is a bit too small...19 days is too less

If we want to get big names we have to keep it short. With IPL and Big Bash, and other international tours going around all the time, it will be really hard for us to find 3 weeks in the calendar where no one is playing cricket. Beside every nation have their own domestic cricket going on as well. So if we want to attract big names we have to keep it short, so they can squeeze in 2/3 weeks in between their busy schedule to play here. Big players won't risk playing for a long time in BPL and getting injured, because than they will miss out on IPL and other big series.

i_1_primeval_man
March 1, 2012, 10:58 AM
^ 60 cameras for 2 venues as opposed to 30 for the one venue - doubling up of all support staff...

It would be ideal, but costs would skyrocket, not that we care, but Game On will certainly care, seeing as how it'll probably hit their bottom line.

That's what i thought too. Tahole ki kora jai? IPL er moto 1.5/2 months cholle abar indigestion hoye jabe. How do we take it to more venues, yet keeping short and cost effective?

Rifat H
March 1, 2012, 11:27 AM

still i watch all kinds of cricket matches and i even watch Aussie domestic ODIs . But i will join your club soon as i am starting to feel boring with cricket which does not involve BD ,its team or its players

MohammedC
March 1, 2012, 11:56 AM
more local support staff. The other venue's which ever it is should at least have 1 of the semi-final. At time it seemed the Dhaka crowd had too much cricket. May be having 3-4 venues will make it more interesting. Sylhet is likely candidate to become 3rd venue. But the stadium needs bit more work done. If they want to keep the natural beauty intact then they should look in to few South African grounds where they use grass bank to great effect.

simon
March 4, 2012, 05:03 PM
I also miss BideshiPL too :(
I miss those ads,amanat Sh. Lungi & hobe hobe, KuKuMir,tomake diye kichu hobena. :(
I miss the local & imported celebrities in the crowd, Shaikh Shiraj & Muhfiqur Rehman thukku Rahman,
missing the lovely work by the cameraman showing every single female supporter in za crowd, :'(
I also miss those common lines " just what the Doctor ordered","tonk it away","much to the delight of the crowd","dancing down the track", "cramp for space"
miss the episodes of " [বাংলা]আর চোখে দেখা [/বাংলা]"

Nadim
March 4, 2012, 05:06 PM
I don't. Only watched 4/5 games live.

But dying for some BD cricket thus taking a wk off to watch 3 odi even though another humiliation knocking the door. I just can't help, I'm married to it. Asia cup er pore abar 1/2mash no bd cricket:head:

Equinox
March 4, 2012, 05:42 PM
I miss it a teeny-tiny bit too but will be over it as soon as the Asia Cup starts...but then will miss it even more after watching us getting humiliated.

Equinox
March 4, 2012, 05:43 PM
I also miss those common lines " just what the Doctor ordered","tonk it away","much to the delight of the crowd","dancing down the track", "cramp for space"

That's Shamim in one line :lol:

MohammedC
March 4, 2012, 06:09 PM
That's Shamim in one line :lol:

Shamim once described a straightish on-drive "He tucked away"

Rifat
March 4, 2012, 08:07 PM
more local support staff. The other venue's which ever it is should at least have 1 of the semi-final. At time it seemed the Dhaka crowd had too much cricket. May be having 3-4 venues will make it more interesting. Sylhet is likely candidate to become 3rd venue. But the stadium needs bit more work done. If they want to keep the natural beauty intact then they should look in to few South African grounds where they use grass bank to great effect.

I nominate Bogra(Bogura) as the other BPL venue! Alhamdulillah! We have hunted down the lankans there before back in 2006 ;)

ma_o_mati
March 5, 2012, 12:20 AM
i also miss this fkin bpl...more than i miss my gf....why this had to end so soon? why...loiita kamal, its all your fault, you villain..