PDA

View Full Version : Announcing BanglaCricket Awards 2011

Zunaid
March 14, 2012, 06:23 AM
After a 4 year hiatus, we are pleased to announce the relaunching of the BanglaCricket Awards.

We had intended this to be an annual affair but, unfortunately, were unable to do so. We are nevertheless pleased to make it happen again, albeit 4 years later.

Our special thanks to night_wolf who took the initiative to restart the awards again. He solicited member input for both categories and nominees and came up with the award categories you see. You should also pat him on the back for the award graphics.

Once again, we have create a special sub-forum - "BanglaCricket Awards 2011" for this year's awards. We have three additional categories this year making it 18. There will be one poll thread per award and the voting will be open soon after the end of Asia Cup 12 and will close April 7.

Night_wolf
March 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
If anybody wants to see the links of the stats please See this post (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1476275&postcount=54)

Zunaid
March 22, 2012, 06:21 PM
The voting is now open.

Dilscoop
March 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
The voting is now open.

After voting on the 1st 10 categories, I feel you guys should change the name and call it, "The Shakib al Hasan Appreciation/Awards 2011"

J-E-S-U-S! :notworthy:

Zunaid
March 25, 2012, 09:23 AM
Come hither.

oronnya
March 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
Done :)

oronnya
March 25, 2012, 09:33 AM
After voting on the 1st 10 categories, I feel you guys should change the name and call it, "The Shakib al Hasan Appreciation/Awards 2011"

J-E-S-U-S! :notworthy:

True :)

zinatf
March 26, 2012, 03:18 AM
Voted for all :D

Zunaid
March 26, 2012, 03:37 AM
Voted for all :D

Good job! We will give you a dedicated BC fan award. :)

Thanks.

zinatf
March 26, 2012, 03:57 AM
Khaise amare!!

BengaliPagol
March 26, 2012, 04:02 AM
Good job! We will give you a dedicated BC fan award. :)

Thanks.

What about me?

Zunaid
March 26, 2012, 04:56 AM
What about me?

You already got the 2011 one.

Zunaid
April 3, 2012, 09:21 AM
4 days before we close. Vote now!

zinatf
April 3, 2012, 09:57 AM
^^Zunaid bhaia.....it would have been greeat if an award ceremony could have been arranged for real....afsos...

Zunaid
April 3, 2012, 09:59 AM
^^Zunaid bhaia.....it would have been greeat if an award ceremony could have been arranged for real....afsos...

I hear ya!

2012 will not bring the end of the world. We are getting our act together so that we can have a real award ceremony. A precondition is to increase our BD base and have BC less expat heavy. That too is something we are working on. Riht now we are predominantly expat based.

Night_wolf
April 3, 2012, 11:18 AM

i agree..it will encourage more people to vote and encourage our players to do well...this may not happen now but in the future with the inputs of members here i see this happening

but for this to happen This award needs to come out every year...not just the WC years

reverse_swing
April 9, 2012, 02:20 PM
Shakib a clear fan favourite

Sports Reporter
Shakib Al Hasan's ever-growing popularity among fans found another medium when he was voted as the Cricketer of the Year for 2011 by members of BanglaCricket.com, a fan-driven cricket website.
This is the second time the forum have organised fan voted awards to recognise top performers of the country. The award considered performances in the 2011 calendar year with eleven categories; voting ran for a period of one month in March this year.
Predictably, Shakib was the chosen one after becoming the highest run-scorer and wicket-taker for the country in Tests and ODIs. Apart from the top award, he was also chosen as the top Test and ODI Cricketer, best Test and ODI batsman and best ODI and Test bowler.
Nasir Hossain was elected the emerging player of the year while Khadiza Tul Kubra was named the Women's Cricketer of the Year. Some of the more interesting categories included the most under-rated player of the year (won by Nazmul Hossain) and best domestic cricketer (Asif Ahmed).
BanglaCricket has over 13,000 registered members but its viewership is even larger. On average, 80,000-plus unique visitors go to the site. The sources of visits for BanglaCricket.com are from the US, Bangladesh and the UK.
DS>> (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=229700)

AsifTheManRahman
April 9, 2012, 02:29 PM
The sources of visits for BanglaCricket.com are from the US, Bangladesh and the UK.
That isn't true. Now those could be the major sources, which was what was communicated to DS. But those aren't the only sources as the article suggests.

Night_wolf
April 9, 2012, 02:29 PM
^ oh thats soo great to see:)
it will give us more encouragement for the next years award

finally nazmul getting some news about being under rated

Nasif
April 9, 2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks DS for the report. :up:

roman
April 9, 2012, 03:25 PM
Good to see that BC is getting some media coverage.

Naimul_Hd
April 9, 2012, 04:24 PM
The sources of visits for BanglaCricket.com are from the US, Bangladesh and the UK.

Eto boro opoman...Eto Australia member ra ki ekhane dudh bhaat ? :-P

Nasif
April 9, 2012, 04:27 PM
Eto boro opoman...Eto Australia member ra ki ekhane dudh bhaat ? :-P

US, BD and UK are the top 3 countries BC site visit. Do you want the report to mention all the countries, that would be a long list :)

BC has visits from pretty much all over the world (even Mongolia).

Navo
April 9, 2012, 04:44 PM
^^ Is that because Boss logs into BC from all the places he travels to?? :)

Naimul_Hd
April 9, 2012, 04:52 PM
US, BD and UK are the top 3 countries BC site visit. Do you want the report to mention all the countries, that would be a long list :)

BC has visits from pretty much all over the world (even Mongolia).

Not all, but top 5 countries would have been better. I am sure both Canada and Australia would have made it to that list. Beside including Australia would strengthen the weight of the list :-p

Anyway, nice read :)

BengaliPagol
April 9, 2012, 07:41 PM
wtf this is so random. Advertising? Mods delete this post pls.

Nasif
April 9, 2012, 07:51 PM
wtf this is so random. Advertising? Mods delete this post pls.
Removed.
For future reference, just use "Report" button http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/buttons/report.gif. It is easier if you use report button.

BengaliPagol
April 10, 2012, 12:32 AM
Removed.
For future reference, just use "Report" button http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/buttons/report.gif. It is easier if you use report button.

ok thanks. I didnt realise there was a report button.

Isam
April 10, 2012, 04:11 AM
That isn't true. Now those could be the major sources, which was what was communicated to DS. But those aren't the only sources as the article suggests.

Dude this was written on the documents sent to me by Zunaid bhai. You better check with him.

zinatf
April 10, 2012, 04:21 AM
Isam bhai eta thik na.....Australia ke baad dilen keno??

Zunaid
April 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
Dude this was written on the documents sent to me by Zunaid bhai. You better check with him.

Isam - I said the top three sources of traffic. :)

There are of course others.

Here's the top 6 for march via unique visits (numbers rounded)

US - 24K
Bangladesh - 20K
UK - 18 K
Not set - 14+K
India - 14-K
Australia = 10K
Canada - I don't have the numbers (Nasif will have it)
Pakistan - I don't have the numbers (Nasif will have it)

The Pakistan traffic is unusual. The Asia Cup caused increased traffic from there.

The top 3 accounted for 52K of the 80K traffic for March.

AsifTheManRahman
April 10, 2012, 07:00 AM
I know what was written. He mentioned those were the top/major sources, but you left that bit out, making it sound like those were the only sources. Maybe you're the one who should go back and check your email.Dude this was written on the documents sent to me by Zunaid bhai. You better check with him.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

kalpurush
April 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks DS for the report. :up:

Good to see that BC is getting some media coverage.
Credit goes to Isam as well, I believe :)

Zunaid
April 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Credit goes to Isam as well, I believe :)

It's all Isam. Thanks dude.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2012, 07:02 AM
Just one word "mostly" would have solved everything. In any case, Isam gets a standing ovation.

mufi_02
April 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
USA has 6K more users than UK :applause:. Its suprising coz I thought UK expat community is much bigger and cricket has cultural presence. But we still beat them :)

Zunaid
April 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
USA has 6K more users than UK :applause:. Its suprising coz I thought UK expat community is much bigger and cricket has cultural presence. But we still beat them :)

People in the US miss cricket more because they have fewer opportunities. That's why they frequent online forums (as their third place) more so than UK deshis. And that's why you have so few from BD. Why spend so much time online talking about it when they can go out and do it, and talk about it over chotopoti and cha?

roman
April 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
People in the US miss cricket more because they have fewer opportunities. That's why they frequent online forums (as their third place) more so than UK deshis. And that's why you have so few from BD. Why spend so much time online talking about it when they can go out and do it, and talk about it over chotopoti and cha?
so true..When I was in BD back in Feb, I didnt even feel like coming to BC. I was like why go for virtual when you can have the real thing..Thats why I give lot of credits to those members from Bangladesh.

AsifTheManRahman
April 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
Really? USA's population is 5 times that of UK, so I would think there would be more Bangladeshis in the former. I mean thing about it, New York and probably LA alone have huge communities and make up large numbers.

mufi_02
April 11, 2012, 11:12 AM
Really? USA's population is 5 times that of UK, so I would think there would be more Bangladeshis in the former. I mean thing about it, New York and probably LA alone have huge communities and make up large numbers.

No I still think UK has bigger Bdeshi population. They have been living there since the 1970s. Bengalis started to come in droves in USA during the 90s and early 2000s, thanks to to DV.

According to Wiki

Estimate 72,237 - 143,619 Bdeshi in USA (2007) (I assume its more, 100k Bdeshi easily live in NY alone)
Estimated 500,000 in UK (2009)

AsifTheManRahman
April 11, 2012, 11:38 AM
That's very interesting indeed. Yeah, even with discrepancies and the two-year lag, I don't think the numbers for the US will be large enough to match UK's 500,000.

roman
April 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
Middle East has 2,820,000 Bangladeshis..We dont have many members from there either..

AsifTheManRahman
April 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
We do have members from the middle east, including the UAE, Saudi Arabia and possibly other countries.

Isam
April 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
I know what was written. He mentioned those were the top/major sources, but you left that bit out, making it sound like those were the only sources. Maybe you're the one who should go back and check your email.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

:notworthy::clap::hairpull:

Isam
April 13, 2012, 06:04 PM
:notworthy::clap::hairpull:

Sorry that was childish Asif, but please be a little less attacking with me.

Zeeshan
April 13, 2012, 07:19 PM
dui din-r dunia bhaijan...jhograjhati kore laab ase

Dilscoop
April 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
lol people are crying about some list? Not even a full list, just a couple of words; just because it didn't include "the top 3 ..."

You guys really need to find better things to do.

hakeem95
June 27, 2012, 07:25 AM
nice nice like , and We will give you a dedicated BC fan award. i see award festival

Crisis
July 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
i thought this was where members of the forum get awarded.

TigerEz
July 13, 2012, 10:19 AM
^^ wish we had something like that. Dr.Z, why cant we have members awards or something like where you and the other seniors of BC grade the members here....A+,A,B,C,D,looser/F.....???

Night_wolf
July 13, 2012, 11:14 AM
^ may be next year..who knows

BengaliPagol
July 13, 2012, 09:41 PM
did someone say voting poll?

One World
February 5, 2013, 04:12 AM
How about we create a fund for DPL, NCL and U-19/18 League performers instead?

Tigers_eye
June 2, 2013, 11:01 AM
How about we create a fund for DPL, NCL .. League performers instead?
I am afraid. Seems like everything is tainted so much that I can't trust these stats any more.

One World
July 4, 2013, 12:46 AM
I am afraid. Seems like everything is tainted so much that I can't trust these stats any more.

Keep up the hope brother. After all, cricket is not a pot full, milked unattended rather a tree full of few bad apples. (Trying to assume the glass half-filled unless there is a Sir the obvious opportunist.)