PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Grand Final Asia Cup: Bangladesh Vs Pakistan Final at Dhaka Mar 22, 2012 (14:00 local )

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Antora
March 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
If shahdat had given 17 runs instead of 19....if Tamim or shakib scored two more runs ....if Nasir or Nazim got out 2 balls earlier ...if mushy or mash did not get out....:( we.could.have.won.Feel very sad...don't want to blame anyone...2 run defeats are nothing...anyone can win the game. WE are a little bit of unlucky in here...still at the end if Riad took the 2 runs instead of 3..we may be in a winner side.

allrounder
March 22, 2012, 11:58 AM
I am sick of having Tamim and Shakib being the only players doing the job with the bat. Nasir is young, but what happened to Rahim (c), Riyad (vc).

KnightBD
March 22, 2012, 12:01 PM
I think one thing was missing in our team compared to last two games:

BELIEVE

<jaber>
March 22, 2012, 12:02 PM
The fact that we were soooo close, makes it even harder to accept

Crisis
March 22, 2012, 12:03 PM
Don't give credit to Pakistani bowling. It was we who are to blame for our own fall.

What is the point of 'shommanjonok porajoy " ? You either win it or dont play!

KnightBD
March 22, 2012, 12:05 PM
The fact that we were soooo close, makes it even harder to accept

True. </jaber>So close yet so far. ;)
<jaber>
Signing off with heavy heart. See you in next tourny.
BTW. 800 post, does it get me to my next stage? :D
</jaber>

mufi_02
March 22, 2012, 12:09 PM
Someone plz give me 3 runs. Just 3 runs.

beshideshi
March 22, 2012, 12:20 PM
hope this lifts the spirits up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cgYCoLgXyg&feature=share

Crickbang
March 22, 2012, 12:21 PM
I just contacted Jurgensen on twitter and told him this:

"Coach, I have a humble request to you: Please don't tell Mushy to bowl Shahadat in the end of an innings in the future. I don't think he (Shahadat) is fit for ODIs. He throws the ball all over the place rather than bowling w/ proper techniques and skills."

He killed us!! 19 runs!! Even if it were only 8-10 runs in that over, we would be lifting the trophy right now. Heart-broken, sad, red-eyed from tears. I will be fine, but will this moment come again in the future?

Crisis
March 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Bookta faitta jay .... imagine Mumtaz singing this song!

Crickbang
March 22, 2012, 12:28 PM
You know what? Sign us up for the PAK series in April. I will be glad if we go to Pakistan and take revenge. We will go out there no matter what and beat the lights out of 'em. ANGRY

Crisis
March 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
Problems in today's match
----------------------------------
1. Nasir didn't ball.
2. Nazmul got injured and couldn't ball his last 2 overs
3. Shahadat was let to ball and gave away 63 runs including 19 runs in last over!
4. Nazimuddin wasted too many balls.
5. Jahurul got out for a duck
6. Nasir couldn't bat. Should have batted at his usual position after Shakib
7. Mushfiq's less than he should have made innings
8. Abdur Razzak for wasting crucial balls at the end

Awla
March 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
Onek analysis hoise....ami just ekhon ekta jinis jante hai..amdr next series kob,kar sathe,kothay?

Boomerang
March 22, 2012, 01:34 PM
Onek analysis hoise....ami just ekhon ekta jinis jante hai..amdr next series kob,kar sathe,kothay?

Possibly Same Pakistan. Now i wish to have a series with them, want to see them down under in UAE, probably thats the likely place we gonna meet them else we have to face the Zims:up:

zainab
March 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
The captain is to be blamed for this loss. Why did he not give the ball to nazmul instead of Shahadat. He knew that the batsmen will hit him and he bowled clueless. Yes, Rahim lost this match and the title.

BANFAN
March 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
Even though I keep telling myself we played good, which we did. & that I should be really happy.....but, my eyes are stinging from crying :( heart broken :'(

Calm down... It only means that we even can cry losing to Pak.... That's no less an achievement... We are maturing as a team.... We just didn't have someone to finish it tonight.... Please be happy for our progress in this tournament ,,, don't be sad....

Shakil_TX
March 22, 2012, 01:40 PM
It's easy for us to all sit here and analyze and criticize our players, what went wrong or what could have been done differently. But guys let's admit Bangladesh has definitely exceeded all of our expectations. I mean who would have thought that we would be in the finals or even win against any of the other teams!! I have been following BD cricket for a long time and I have never seen us playing with so much determination and heart.
In today's match I don't think pitch was batting friendly, the ball was not coming onto the bat and it was difficult to score runs. Also we gotta give credit to the Pakistani bowlers, they really bowled well and kept it tight. At the end of the day it was a close match which could have gone either way.
I personally see a new era or new dawn for our cricket. If our boys can carry on this momentum and positive attitude I think this is just the beginning and BD cricket will go a long way. So I say hats off and salute to our boys! Well done and we are very proud of you!!

cricheart
March 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Possibly Same Pakistan. Now i wish to have a series with them, want to see them down under in UAE, probably thats the likely place we gonna meet them else we have to face the Zims:up:

I dont think, there is any chance of that Pakistan tour at all for security obligation by ICC for their officals. So once again BD team will have a long ledger till Zimbabwe tour in August for 2 Test, 3 ODI & 2 T20s

meazz1
March 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
It's easy for us to all sit here and analyze and criticize our players, what went wrong or what could have been done differently. But guys let's admit Bangladesh has definitely exceeded all of our expectations. I mean who would have thought that we would be in the finals or even win against any of the other teams!! I have been following BD cricket for a long time and I have never seen us playing with so much determination and heart.

+1.

Before the start of this tournament, most of us here in the BC forum were expressing that only one win is more likely and we did not expect any more than that.
Fact is, we kicked India butt out of the cup final and beat Lanka fare and square.
I am sure, everyone played their heart out, with so much pressure in a tight game at this magnitude, some of the most experienced senior players buckled, let alone the young ones.
This group of players had never been under such pressure prior to this match.

I can now dream of us beating quality opponent on a regular basis. I can now walk into any conversation among my Indian, Pakistani or any other great 8s co-workers and not be taken lightly when it comes to cricket.

BANFAN
March 22, 2012, 01:58 PM
Riyad is a pussy cat ..... Bishal deho... Out put 0...

Mushy has done it once.. Shak, TI perfect .... Riyad had no urgency to do it today ... That's the pain I suffer from....

faiazk
March 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
Nah, ekta jinish bujchi.. nasir re upre khelanor boyosh hoy nai.. er cheye mahmudullah re upre khelaito.. halay to not much of a finisher anyway :(

nasir ajka pressure ei down khaya gesilo.. koshtoi lagse pola tare deikha.. emne eto care free.. ore ui rokom key match e upre uthaya pura shot khela bondo hoya gesilo..

borong pakistan er shathe last december er 3rd odi ta dektasilam.. mahmudullah oi match e 3 e khelsilo.. bhaloi 35 runs er ekta innings khelsilo.. ore upre khelailei pare! god knows he isn't much good down the order! r 5 & 6 e shakib r nasir er doura douray run uthano to legendary.. oitao ferot paoa jabe abar.

mali007
March 22, 2012, 02:28 PM
Nazim and Nasir should have rotated the strike more. Jahurul is not a no.3 guy . Normally best batsman plays at no # 3 position ( Dilshan , Virat ,etc.). Shakib should start playing at 3 .

Dilscoop
March 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
Can this thread be marked as the beginning of a new beginning? This time for sure, not like WC07 or NZtrashing?

crikfreak
March 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
so close.... yet so far
it was only 2 runs.. match could have gone either way ... but at the end of the day, Pakistan are the winners on paper...
but nevertheless, i am very satisfied with all of them overall :)
and tonight just wasn't our night :)

crikfreak
March 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
so close.... yet so far
it was only 2 runs.. match could have gone either way ... but at the end of the day, Pakistan are the winners on paper...
but nevertheless, i am very satisfied with all of them overall :)
and tonight just wasn't our night :)

Navo
March 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
I really, really hope we turned a corner with this tournament and that Tamim-Shakib-Mash's good performances click with solid performances from the rest of the team more often. I'm really afraid that in the next series, when momentum from this tournament has been lost (or ebbed), we'll be floundering again as either Tamim or Shakib won't be in form or the others will be typically clueless.

Purbasha T
March 22, 2012, 05:04 PM
When we'll look back in years' time, here's hoping to see this as a night when we were baptised (for lack of better synonyms) into cricket's top bracket.

Leafs PWN
March 22, 2012, 05:10 PM
The captain is to be blamed for this loss. Why did he not give the ball to nazmul instead of Shahadat. He knew that the batsmen will hit him and he bowled clueless. Yes, Rahim lost this match and the title.

Nazmul was injured.

Navo
March 22, 2012, 05:24 PM
"Shakib and Tamim, the twin towers of Bangladesh cricket", Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/asia-cup-2012/top-stories/Shakib-and-Tamim-the-twin-towers-of-Bangladesh-cricket/articleshow/12363102.cms)

Leafs PWN
March 22, 2012, 05:52 PM
http://xtremefast.com/sports-2/cricket/shakib-al-hasan-mushfiqur-rahim-crying-you-have-won-million-hearts.html

beautifully sad pics

the attitude of this team has really changed. they don't take losing lightly.

meazz1
March 22, 2012, 06:53 PM
Thank you Tiger for entertaining us with such a heart throbbing game. Our 2 Leaders could never make all of us happy. You boys made 18 koti Bangladeshi happy. Because of those 2 Kufas in the stadium we lost by 2 run.

Dilscoop
March 22, 2012, 07:03 PM
I missed most of the game. I wasn't on the forum or chat or anything, so I couldn't keep myself awake. So I'm gonna drag myself to willow and spend the next 5 hrs to make myself cry or something...

Anyone else up for it?

Purbasha T
March 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
I missed most of the game. I was on the forum or chat or anything, so I couldn't keep myself awake. So I'm gonna drag myself to willow and spend the next 5 hrs to make myself cry or something...

Anyone else up for it?

not the best idea bro, go play some PS3...watch the highlights next week or something when the wounds get healed somewhat.

tiger_bright
March 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
never will we beat pakistan. 2 runs! blasted asia cup was so close.

Dilscoop
March 22, 2012, 07:18 PM
I fell asleep pretty early. I kept waking up to all the wickets cheer during Pak inning. I woke up when Nasir and Shakib was batting. So I missed 50% of the game.

Crisis
March 22, 2012, 07:45 PM
Just finished watching the quick highlights on crickethotline.

And, here's some more points to ponder about :

Hafeez should have been lbw in OVER 16 and caught in OVER 23
Nazmul got injured in OVER 28.5
Pakistan were 129-5 and then 206-9
Pakistan's last pair of batsmen made 30 runs
Nazim was clueless against Pak balling. He was just trying premeditate shots and not hitting the ball at all
BD were 170-4 in 42.5 overs
Shakib was out trying to play a cheeky shot ( Like in his dillscoop ad ) - was it really necessary ?
Mashrafe got out also trying to play a cheeky shot
Razzak also got out by trying to play a cheeky shot as well and that too in 2nd last ball of innings!

al-Sagar
March 22, 2012, 07:58 PM
in the end great game ..... we struggled in patches against a good bowling attack who were determined in the park, but we went so close .....

we may have lost the asia cup but we are still the deserved runners up. and we can only build from here for a better and bright future

auntu
March 22, 2012, 08:14 PM
Even though we lost we proved once again we play with hearts. May be today we lost a game but we won hearts of thousands and million across the globe. Today our love for the game of cricket and the love for the motherland shines over everything. The day is very near when the flags of red and green would be flying high on the glorious wining stand ever so boldly. Today we take pride tomorrow we will take the cricketing world.

We are here to stay. Tigers roars to shut the mouth of the every negative minded people. Anyone dare to call us minnos anymore?

tiger_bright
March 22, 2012, 08:17 PM
minnos....no. minnows, maybe. :D

auntu
March 22, 2012, 09:02 PM
Sorry for typo. Can't edit it from iPad.

bujhee kom
March 22, 2012, 10:28 PM
Bangladesh-er Cricket-er shathey Shompreekto, Bangladesher Shomogro Cricket Community-ke ekti big big Hug :big_hug: dilum!!

Leafs PWN
March 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
Dhur....shara din bhalo lagtesilo bdr progress chinta koire, but i'm feeling sad for not winning now.

Shahadater address paile bhalo hoite.

kalpurush
March 23, 2012, 06:04 AM
Shahadater address paile bhalo hoite.
Want to send some flowers? :)

Alien
March 23, 2012, 08:00 AM
Feel like making a "Tamim K mujrim" video with this 3 clowns

AsifHussain
March 23, 2012, 10:45 AM
Bangladeshis are our brothers and people in Pakistan were cheering for both the teams. Bangladesh may have lost the final but with the fight and determination they gave, they are the winners in millions of hearts in Pakistan.

A Pakistani Brother.

simon
March 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
Bangladeshis are our brothers and people in Pakistan were cheering for both the teams. Bangladesh may have lost the final but with the fight and determination they gave, they are the winners in millions of hearts in Pakistan.

A Pakistani Brother.

welcome to BC.
thank you for your nice words. :)

Ajfar
March 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
Why can't people just stop talking about this game? Everyone I see keeps talking about this, 'kalke khela dekso, ish ree ektur jonno parlo na, shalar shahadat gadha ekta'

i_1_primeval_man
March 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Why can't people just stop talking about this game? Everyone I see keeps talking about this, 'kalke khela dekso, ish ree ektur jonno parlo na, shalar shahadat gadha ekta'

You can't either. Hehehe.

simon
March 23, 2012, 11:26 AM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=2692&s=1629629&c=340009" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

At the end of this video Cricinfo wrote:
Man of the series Shahid Afridi
Man of the series Shakib Al Hasan
:facepalm:
FAIL :-P

Shaan
March 23, 2012, 11:30 AM

A Pakistani Brother.

Nice words bro, welcome to BC and enjoy your staying..

Nasif
March 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
Fan dies after the loss.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/latest_news.php?nid=36632

Cricket fan dies after shocking loss

http://www.thedailystar.net/latest_photo/2012/03/23/2012-03-23__Panchagarh.jpg
Star Online Report
A Bangladeshi cricket fan died of heart attack in Panchgar after Pakistan defeated the hosts by two runs in the Asian Cup final match on Thursday.
The deceased, Azizul Islam, a small trader, was a resident of Jalashipara village of Panchgar Sadar upazila, reports Bangla daily Prothom Alo.
Azizul suffered a severe heart attack soon after the thrilling loss of Tigers against Pakistan by just two runs.
He died before he was rushed to the hospital.

MohammedC
March 23, 2012, 01:06 PM
At the end of this video Cricinfo wrote:
Man of the series Shahid Afridi
Man of the series Shakib Al Hasan
:facepalm:
FAIL :-P

I don't blame CI for that. I think the tournament organiser got it wrong if you look at the presentation ceremony. Shahid Afridi pointed it out as he walked in to collect his cheque.

AsifHussain
March 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
Nice words bro, welcome to BC and enjoy your staying..

Pakistani pages and forums are filled with stuff praising Bangladesh.
look at this one https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638026913137&set=a.166833488136.116662.109340433136&type=1&theater

mij
March 23, 2012, 01:12 PM
Fan dies after the loss.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/latest_news.php?nid=36632

That is really sad news, I hope shahadat never ever play for bangladesh any format of the game

Dilscoop
March 23, 2012, 02:38 PM
What if it was the other way around? Could we have defended the last over like Pak? Would Shahadat have had to bowl the last over, considering Naz was injured? Would people have seen it in the same merit or give same amount of respect and love? "Lost by 1 wickets?" Would you have the same amount of sympathy or rather feel angry?

Crisis
March 23, 2012, 09:06 PM
Wicket neoa kothin. Run kora shoja. Taking 1 run - piece of cake. Taking 1 wicket , not that easy!

Dilscoop
March 23, 2012, 09:25 PM
Wicket neoa kothin. Run kora shoja. Taking 1 run - piece of cake. Taking 1 wicket, not that easy!

Or what about, "doesn't matter how good the batsman is, one good ball can get anyone out." Also all benefit of the doubt goes to the batsmen. Why? Because they could get out on the next ball. By value 1 wicket > 1 run, but at the end of the day, every run counts.