PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Grand Final Asia Cup: Bangladesh Vs Pakistan Final at Dhaka Mar 22, 2012 (14:00 local )

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

wiseshah
March 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
Match Thread: Grand Final Asia Cup: Bangladesh Vs Pakistan Final at Dhaka Mar 22, 2012 (14:00 local )

inshallah we will win (IWWW)
Bismillahir rahmanir rahim

আজ আমরা জয়ের জন্য লড়বো
আজ আমরা চ্যাম্পিয়ন হওয়ার জন্য লড়বো
ইনশাআল্লাহ

squad:

[বাংলা]Bangladesh---তামিম, নাজিমুদ্দিন, জহুরুল,নাসির ,শাকিব, মুশফিক, রিয়াদ,মাশরাফি, রাজ্জাক,নাজমুল,শাহ াদত[/বাংলা]

পাকিস্তান: nasir Jamsed,mohamad hafeez,younus khan,umar akmal, misbah ul hauque,asad shafiq,hammad azam, shahid afridi,saeed ajmal,aizaz cheema, umar gul

একটি বাংলাদেশ তুমি জাগ্রত জনতার
সারা বিশ্বের বিস্ময়
তুমি আমার [বাংলা][/বাংলা]আহঙ্কার

wiseshah
March 20, 2012, 11:59 AM
inshallah this is our final

al-Sagar
March 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
we will win
we will win
we will win

TigerEz
March 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
it is vai...it is, and also another thing is u have been waiting to open a match thread..and now u opened the big one vai. GOOD LUCK.

Nadim
March 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
We will win insallah.

For this match, it's time to bring back Kayes imho. and maybe Shahdat for Sunny. Pak have only 1 LH batsman, so playing 3 SLA wont be a bad option. Plus, sunny is better batsman than Shahdat.

allah Malik

MohammedC
March 20, 2012, 12:18 PM
Come on Bangladesh

PaperTiger
March 20, 2012, 12:27 PM
This is fast

TIKBoss
March 20, 2012, 12:28 PM
InshaAllah we will win the Asia cup.

Purbasha T
March 20, 2012, 12:30 PM
World Champions - Been sent packing.

World Runners-up - Calmly taken care of.

World Semi-finalists - Good luck facing the Wild.... IN THE WILD!!!

MarufH
March 20, 2012, 12:33 PM
Signing where we are going to create history. :up:

Equinox
March 20, 2012, 12:33 PM
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Jahirul Islam
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim+*
Nasir Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Elias Sunny
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain

PaperTiger
March 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
One more step for the full circle

kalpurush
March 20, 2012, 12:44 PM
We will win insallah.

For this match, it's time to bring back Kayes imho. and maybe Shahdat for Sunny. Pak have only 1 LH batsman, so playing 3 SLA wont be a bad option. Plus, sunny is better batsman than Shahdat.

allah Malik
Yes, give Nazimuddin and Shahadat a rest - they deserve it!

Shaan
March 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
I hope Jahurul stop plays this pull shots early of his innings, he is such a solid batsman with good technique why need to go for suicidal shots !!

Rubu
March 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
people all over the world were laughfing when mushy said his goal was to reach final. look who is laughing now!

TIKBoss
March 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
[Edited quote]:lol:

plz dont post rubbish fixing stuff without any evidence... people also said pakistan fixed semi final of wc and sri lanka fixed final but there is no proof. Now all of a sudden when Bangladesh wins some ppl (mostly indians) shouting fixed.

khan28
March 20, 2012, 12:52 PM
plz dont post rubbish fixing stuff without any evidence... people also said pakistan fixed semi final of wc and sri lanka fixed final but there is no proof. Now all of a sudden when Bangladesh wins some ppl (mostly indians) shouting fixed.

lol just a rumour..enjoy ur win ;)

meazz1
March 20, 2012, 12:53 PM
people all over the world were laughfing when mushy said his goal was to reach final. look who is laughing now!

Mushy is laughing at them!

jeesh
March 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
I fear we will stick to the winning combination. But that is by no means our strongest side. Shahadat has been a liability. Nazimuddin hasnt done what we require of him. So really hope Imrul Kayes and Elias Sunny will come in

Rabz
March 20, 2012, 01:01 PM
InshAllah the cup is our :D .. This is our time

playmaker
March 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
dont wanna get carried away but this achievement is way bigger than NZ whitewash/beatin India SA in the WC....

Pakistan, get ready!

Dilscoop
March 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
We are all part of it.

Navo
March 20, 2012, 01:08 PM
^ Wouldn't say bigger than the WC matches - because they are WC matches after all.

But this was two (three) back to back team efforts against sides that are fantastic in these conditions. Let's pulverize Pakistan now!!

wiseshah
March 20, 2012, 01:08 PM
kayes should replace nazimuddin for sure and we dont need shahadat at all, if najmul would bowl two more over instead of shahadat, he would get some more wkt and srilanka wiuld get less runs

i dont want abul hossain to replace shahadat. is rubel fit enough? or may be we can draft in farhad reza, situation would suit him

idrinkh2O
March 20, 2012, 01:10 PM
Bismillah - Allah Malik!

InshAllah, we're going to beat pakistan in the ASIA cup final. :up:

------------

i Likes. i Likes. :D

World Champions - Been sent packing.

World Runners-up - Calmly taken care of.

World Semi-finalists - Good luck facing the Wild.... IN THE WILD!!!

ahnaf
March 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
Insallah we'll win the cup..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

cricheart
March 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
Beating India is sweat, but beating Pakistan in final.. there will be grand roar you will be heared from all part of the world.

Suddenly "Bangladesh batting" has become most dangerous at the moment.

Night_wolf
March 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
Amar Sig ta SOTTO hobe!!!!!

Ami bole dilam!!!!!!

Tmahmud
March 20, 2012, 01:35 PM
The feelings I am swimming in right now are probably the ones that are felt by the fans of top teams when they win something substantial...

Nothing to lose, and EVERYTHING to gain.

Inshallah Bangladesh will win!

Dilscoop
March 20, 2012, 01:35 PM
I have been using air quotes every time I've talked about this Asia "Cup."

I can officially consider it as a true Cup.

Dhakablues
March 20, 2012, 02:19 PM
I dont think the team is going to change the winning combination.. No need of bringing in Kayes or a Shahadat replacement. Especially, Shahadat since he is still brining in breaks despite being expensive at times. He did trouble the Pakistanis in the first match taking 3 wickets.

I am really surprised that it came full circle and now we are back to Mashrafee-Shahadat-Nazmul combination which few of us always thought had the experience and variety needed.

I also hope that Jahirul works on his pull shots with the coach and finds a right approach dealing with short balls,, they are going to come to him from Gul/Wahab/Aiyaz..
Rest of the team, just keep up the momentum, the team is doing everything right.. enjoy the game, be clinical, and Gul's Gultani will be Akmaled and Misbah will be be saying Bah Bah to Bangladesh 22nd!!

MSM B2C
March 20, 2012, 02:26 PM
The team needs to prove that by bowling second we can win. So far we have won matches bowling first and chasing. we have completed everything. We just need to show that we can win even if it means we have to bowl second. I want us to win the toss and bowl first, haha. If not then I want boys to put a huge fight and do well. Inshallah this cup belongs to bangladesh. Proud nation that believes in miralces mainly from god known as "Allah". And I thank Allah for giving the boys so much self belief.

SS
March 20, 2012, 02:47 PM
Pak team will go all out and target 330... Our bowlers have to keep cool and bowl good line and length deliveries to restrict them as much as possible...if not tamim then either shakib, Nasir, mushy, omi, mullah have to play a big knock...if they don't break the winning combo I don't know what to say especially to the non performers and run leakers

TIKBoss
March 20, 2012, 02:58 PM
I hope there are no Bangladeshis with Pakistani flag/Jersey or cheering for Pakistan.... this is the final and we need to make our opposition feel intimidated by our numbers and support for our team. If the final was in Pakistan you wont see a single person cheering Bangladesh so root for your own team.

Rifat H
March 20, 2012, 02:59 PM
Final jitbo inshaallah :fanflag::fanflag:

Antora
March 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Let's win it :D

khan28
March 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
I hope there are no Bangladeshis with Pakistani flag/Jersey or cheering for Pakistan.... this is the final and we need to make our opposition feel intimidated by our numbers and support for our team. If the final was in Pakistan you wont see a single person cheering Bangladesh so root for your own team.

Fair enough :) cheer for ur own team

shakirshuvo
March 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
Insha'Allah

Want to see some smile in the faces of my struggling countrymen.

shajib14
March 20, 2012, 03:57 PM
I want to see Anamul to open with Tamim in the Final.

TIKBoss
March 20, 2012, 03:57 PM
Fair enough :) cheer for ur own team

:up: thanks dude, no hard feelings. I just want my team to win

GhuneDhora
March 20, 2012, 04:45 PM
I don't think dropping Nazimudding against Pakistan will be a good idea. He has a good record against Pakistan.
On the other hand, we should drop Shahrukh (Shahadat) :down:. No use of him. But the selection panel will keep him cause he got 3 wickets. :facepalm:
& Law will not go on the field without 3 seamers, so there's no other choice but Abul Hossain. :waiting:

Rifat
March 20, 2012, 04:48 PM
If we beat Pakistan: Bangladesh completes the whopping of ALL semi finalists from World Cup 2011:

don't forget NZ was also a semi finalist in WC2011 :)

Navo
March 20, 2012, 04:53 PM
We have 7 fifties in the tournament so far, I hope we have at least 10 against Pakistan (or 9 fifties and a century!)

Let's go Tigers!!

LateCut
March 20, 2012, 05:06 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="98%"><TBODY><TR align=center><TD class=Headline_khela width="100%">সচিনদের ছিটকে দিয়ে প্রথম বার ফাইনালে বাংলাদেশ</TD></TR><TR align=center><TD class=Byline_18>সুমিত ঘোষ • ঢাকা
Source: http://www.anandabazar.com/21khela1.html

</TD></TR><TR class=story_18 align=left><TD class=story>২ মার্চ ২০১২।
২০ মার্চ, ২০১২।
মাত্র আঠেরো দিনের তফাত। কিন্তু অবিকল একই পরিস্থিতি। মাঠের বাইরে বসে আলো আর অন্ধকারের সূতোয় দুলতে থাকা। কখনও রোদ্দুর তো পরক্ষণেই মাথার ওপর কালো মেঘ। শেষ পর্যন্ত এশিয়া কাপ থেকে ছিটকেই গেল ভারত। ইংল্যান্ড, অস্ট্রেলিয়ার পর ঢাকা। ভারতীয় ক্রিকেটের অভিশপ্ত অধ্যায় চলল। তফাতের মধ্যে এখানে সচিন তেন্ডুলকরের মহাকীর্তি স্থাপন দেখা গিয়েছে। বিরাট কোহলির দুর্ধর্ষ ১৮৩ ঘটতে দেখা গিয়েছে। কিন্তু টিম হিসেবে বিশ্বকাপজয়ীদের বিপণ্ণতা উপমহাদেশের পরিচিত জল-আবহাওয়ায় এসেও কাটল না!
পাশাপাশি ঢাকা বা মীরপুরের রাস্তায় যেন বিশ্বকাপ জেতার উৎসব! প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেষ হাসিনার সামনে সাকিব-আল-হাসানরা শ্রীলঙ্কাকে পাঁচ উইকেটে হারিয়ে প্রথম বার এশিয়া কাপ ফাইনালের টিকিট নিশ্চিত করে ফেলতেই দলে দলে লোক বেরিয়ে পড়েন। শ্রীলঙ্কা ২৩২ রান তোলার পর ডাকওয়ার্থ-লুইসে বাংলাদেশের লক্ষ্য ছিল ৪০ ওভারে ২১২। ১৭ বল বাকি থাকতে তা উঠে যায়।
এত দিন ধরে শুধু রাস্তাঘাট স্তব্ধ হতে দেখা যাচ্ছিল শুধু রাজনৈতিক মিছিলে। এ দিন বাংলাদেশ ফাইনালে ওঠার পর রাস্তাঘাট অচল হয়ে পড়ল ক্রিকেট-মিছিলে। জাতীয় পতাকা হাতে ‘বাংলাদেশ বাংলাদেশ’ জয়ধ্বনি দিতে দিতে হাজার হাজার ক্রিকেটভক্তের মিছিল। যানবাহন আটকে পড়েছে। রাস্তা জুড়ে নাচ-গান চলছে। ঢাক বাজছে। দেখে মনে হবে যেন কোনও ২৫ জুন, ১৯৮৩-র ভারতীয় রাত। অথবা ২ এপ্রিল রাতের মেরিন ড্রাইভ। মুম্বইয়ের জায়গায় শুধু ঢাকা।

</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD align=center>http://www.anandabazar.com/21khela1.jpg</TD></TR><TR align=left><TD class=cap_general align=center>লঙ্কা জয় সম্পূর্ণ। দলকে ফাইনালে তুলে নাসির। মঙ্গলবার। ছবি: এপি।</TD></TR><TR class=story_18 align=left><TD class=story>ঢাকার রাস্তায় উৎসবের রাত। ঢাকার টিম হোটেলে বাংলাদেশের উৎসবের রাত। আর একই হোটেলের সাত তলায় নিস্তব্ধতার রাত। ফের শোকস্তব্ধ হয়ে লাগেজ গোছানোর রাত। ২ মার্চ ব্রিসবেনে বসে ধোনির টিম প্রার্থনা করেছিল যেন শ্রীলঙ্কা হারে। তা হলে তারা কমনওয়েলথ ব্যাঙ্ক সিরিজের ফাইনাল খেলতে পারবে। এ দিন ঢাকার হোটেলে বসে জপ করতে থাকল যেন শ্রীলঙ্কা জেতে। তা হলে তারা এশিয়া কাপ ফাইনাল খেলতে পারবে। দু’দিনের দু’টো বিপরীতমুখী প্রার্থনা। কিন্তু বিচারের বাণী এক। অস্ট্রেলিয়া থেকে যেমন বিরাট কোহলি ট্র্যাজিক নায়ক থেকে ফিরেছিলেন, ঢাকা থেকেও ফিরছেন। হোবার্টে দুধর্ষ ১৩৩ করেও অসহায়ের মতো তাঁকে ফেরার টিকিট হাতে নিতে হয়েছিল। এখানে অবিশ্বাস্য ১৮৩ করে পাকিস্তানকে হারিয়েও ফেরার বিমানে উঠতে হচ্ছে।
ভারতীয় দলের নতুন সহ-অধিনায়ককে আবিষ্কার করা গেল হোটেলের ডিভিডি শপে। পছন্দের মিউজিক অ্যালবামের খোঁজ করছেন। ব্রিসবেনের অপেক্ষা। ঢাকার উৎকণ্ঠা। কোহলি তবু স্বাভাবিক থাকার চেষ্টা করছিলেন। “আমি ঠিক করেছি, এ রকম পরিস্থিতিতে একদম ক্রিকেট থেকে সুইচ অফ করে থাকব। নিজেকে টেনশনের মধ্যে ফেলে লাভ নেই। যদি ফাইনাল খেলি মাঠে গিয়ে আবার সুইচ-অন করব।” এটা কি ব্রিসবেনের শোক থেকে শিক্ষা? কোহলির জবাব, “না, না। তার আগে থেকেই। ব্রিসবেনেও আমি একই ফর্মুলায় সুইচ-অফ করে দিয়েছিলাম।”
বোনাস পয়েন্ট-সহ পাকিস্তান শেষ করল ৯ পয়েন্ট নিয়ে। ভারত আর বাংলাদেশ দু’টো দলই শেষ করেছে ৮ পয়েন্টে। কিন্তু এশিয়া কাপের নিয়ম অনুযায়ী, মুখোমুখি ম্যাচে বাংলাদেশ যেহেতু ভারতকে হারিয়েছে, সাকিব-আল-হাসানরা ফাইনালে চলে গেলেন। বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের ইতিহাসে এই প্রথম কোনও টুর্নামেন্টের ফাইনাল। আর কাদের ছিটকে দিয়ে? একটা দল বতর্মান বিশ্বচ্যাম্পিয়ন অন্যটা প্রাক্তন বিশ্বচ্যাম্পিয়ন এবং এ বারের রানার্স।
অথচ সারা দিন ধরে ভারত-পাকিস্তান ফাইনাল হচ্ছে ধরে নিয়ে কত রকম নাটক আর জল্পনাই না চলছিল। সঈদ আজমলের অ্যাকশন নিয়ে চলা বিতর্ক। আজমল নাকি পাল্টা সচিন তেন্ডুলকরকে এক হাত নিয়েছেন বলে দুপুর থেকে খবর চাউর হল। পাকিস্তান শিবির থেকে আবার দাবি করা হল, আজমল ক্যামেরার সামনে দাঁড়িয়ে কোনও প্রতিক্রিয়া দেননি। কাউকে বেসরকারি ভাবে কিছু বলে থাকলে সেটা প্রচার করা অনৈতিক।
আর সচিনের হাবভাব দেখে মনে হচ্ছিল, ভেতরে ভেতরে তিনি অত্যন্ত বিরক্ত। আইসিসি-র পক্ষ থেকে এমনকী তাঁকে বোঝানোর চেষ্টা হয়েছে যে, আজমলের বোলিং অ্যাকশন তারা খুঁটিয়ে পরীক্ষা করেছেন। কিন্তু সচিনকে খুব মানানো গিয়েছে এমন খবর নেই। এ রকম পরিস্থিতিতে তিনি বরং আরও জেদ নিয়ে তৈরি হচ্ছিলেন ফাইনালের সম্ভাব্য পাক ম্যাচ নিয়ে। সোমবার রাতে এশিয়ান ক্রিকেট কাউন্সিলের পার্টিতে পর্যন্ত তিনি যাননি। শেখ হাসিনার বাড়ি থেকে হোটেলে ফিরে আসেন। আঙুলের শুশ্রুষা করবেন বলে। শততম সেঞ্চুরির জন্য প্রচুর ভক্ত হাত বাড়িয়ে দিচ্ছে। আর সচিন বিনীত ভাবে তাদের বলে চলেছেন, ডান হাত মেলাতে পারছি না। বাঁ হাতে করছি। শ্রীলঙ্কা ২৩২ অলআউট হয়ে গিয়েছে দেখে এ দিন জিমে ঢুকে পড়লেন। এক ঘণ্টা ধরে সাইক্লিং করে গেলেন। এটা তাঁর নতুন ট্রেনিং রুটিন। এক ঘণ্টা সাইক্লিং। আজও ওই এক ঘণ্টা পৃথিবীর অন্যান্য সব দরজা-জানলা বন্ধ। সাইক্লিং শেষ করেই আবার দাঁড়িয়ে পড়লেন জিমের টিভি-র সামনে। বাংলাদেশ ব্যাট করতে নামছে দেখে দ্রুত উপরে উঠে গেলেন। কিন্তু দলগত ভাগ্যের ক্ষেত্রে সচিন তেন্ডুলকরের জন্য তো একই বিচারের বাণী। প্রবীণ কুমারের জন্য যা। তাঁর জন্যও তাই। তা তিনি যতই বিরল ব্যক্তিগত নৈপুণ্যের অধিকারী হোন। যতই জিনিয়াস হোন। এশিয়া কাপ ফাইনাল হবে বৃহস্পতিবার। কিন্তু সচিনদের ফিরে যেতে হচ্ছে বুধবারই। আজ থেকে পাঁচ বছর আগে ২০০৭ বিশ্বকাপে বাংলাদেশের কাছে হেরে যেমন বিষণ্ণ ভাবে বিদায় নিতে হয়েছিল ত্রিনিদাদের হোটেল থেকে।
সচিন বনাম আজমল লড়াই আবার ঢুকে পড়ল দ্বিপাক্ষিক সম্পর্কের ফাইলে। আফ্রিদি বনাম কোহলি এশিয়া কাপের টাটকা লড়াই চলছিল। আগের দিন কোহলি সেঞ্চুরি পূরণ করে খুব উত্তেজিত প্রতিক্রিয়া দেখিয়েছিলেন। যা তিনি সচরাচর করেই থাকেন। তা দেখে মাঠেই আফ্রিদি এক ভারতীয় ব্যাটসম্যানকে বলতে থাকেন, “ইয়ার, ইয়ে লড়কা আপনে আপকো সমঝতা ক্যায়া হ্যায়? ইসকো যাকে বোল কী, তেরা বাপ বৈঠা হ্যায় উধার ড্রেসিংরুম মে। সচিন তেন্ডুলকর। শ শতক বনায়া। কভি অ্যায়সা করতা হ্যায় ও?” কোহলির কানে এই কথা পৌঁছেছে। দেখেশুনে মনে হচ্ছিল, ফাইনালে একটা মারমার-কাটকাট হতে যাচ্ছে। সেই দ্বৈরথ আপাতত আটকে পড়ল ওয়াঘা সীমান্তের কাঁটাতারে। কত কালের জন্য কেউ জানে না। মুখের হিসেবে যা পাওয়া যাচ্ছে, পরের সাক্ষাৎ হয়তো টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ। সেখানে কোহলি থাকবেন। সচিন থাকবেন না। আফ্রিদিও কি থাকবেন?
জানা নেই। আপাতত যেটা ঢাকার রাস্তায় বেরোলেই দেখা যাচ্ছে তা হচ্ছে, দু’ধারে সার দিয়ে অসংখ্য মানুষ দাঁড়িয়ে। টিম হোটেলের সামনে ভিড়ে ভিড়াক্কার। সাকিব, তামিম ইকবালরা ফিরবেন আর তাঁদের বরণ করে নেওয়া হবে। বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটের জন্য এমন মায়াবী রাত যে আগে কখনও আসেনি!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>.

LateCut
March 20, 2012, 05:21 PM
The above is excellent piece of writing! I wish our newspapers are also just as fluent in capturing the mood.

allrounder
March 20, 2012, 07:04 PM
I wish the final was best of 3 matches.

al-Sagar
March 20, 2012, 07:21 PM
We will win insallah.

allah Malik

Yes, give Nazimuddin and Shahadat a rest - they deserve it!

I fear we will stick to the winning combination. But that is by no means our strongest side. Shahadat has been a liability. Nazimuddin hasnt done what we require of him. So really hope Imrul Kayes and Elias Sunny will come in

kayes should replace nazimuddin for sure and we dont need shahadat at all, if najmul would bowl two more over instead of shahadat, he would get some more wkt and srilanka wiuld get less runs

i dont want abul hossain to replace shahadat. is rubel fit enough? or may be we can draft in farhad reza, situation would suit him

I don't think dropping Nazimudding against Pakistan will be a good idea. He has a good record against Pakistan.
On the other hand, we should drop Shahrukh (Shahadat) :down:. No use of him. But the selection panel will keep him cause he got 3 wickets. :facepalm:
& Law will not go on the field without 3 seamers, so there's no other choice but Abul Hossain. :waiting:

i feel nazimuddin and shahadat (if lucky to be selected)will be our star performers in the final but seriously we should consider some chopping ..... and the chopping worked against srilanka when Shafiul was forced to be changed for nazmul

TigerEz
March 20, 2012, 07:21 PM
Ekta story share kori: Asia cup er age tournament er ekta promo banano hoisilo..oikhane bola hoisilo 2 WC er finalist r WC er semifinalist er khela..Bangladesh ke just 1 baar mone hoy dekhano hoisilo oi video te.Bangladesh je ase Asia cup eitai parle ora baad diye jay.But ajke dekhay dise je Asia te akhn arekta team ase....sheita hoilo BANGLADESH!!Akhn theke shabdhane aisho.....eirokom ekta daat vanga uttor dise amader team onek manushke,eita shobchaite khushir bishoy :D

zsayeed
March 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
Epic in the Month of March.

oronnya
March 20, 2012, 07:48 PM
Ekta story share kori: Asia cup er age tournament er ekta promo banano hoisilo..oikhane bola hoisilo 2 WC er finalist r WC er semifinalist er khela..Bangladesh ke just 1 baar mone hoy dekhano hoisilo oi video te.Bangladesh je ase Asia cup eitai parle ora baad diye jay.But ajke dekhay dise je Asia te akhn arekta team ase....sheita hoilo BANGLADESH!!Akhn theke shabdhane aisho.....eirokom ekta daat vanga uttor dise amader team onek manushke,eita shobchaite khushir bishoy :D

Ami vedio ta abar post korte cheyechhilam je oder treatment er shothik jobab.. :D

deshimon
March 20, 2012, 07:50 PM
We have reached final beating world champion & runners up now we are waiting for semi finalist.

Roni_uk
March 20, 2012, 07:53 PM
^^ yes because we are minnows to them unless we can win like this regularly ...:)

Jai hok...

- Shahdat needs to rest (no brainier)
- Nazimuddin needs to go (sorry but it's not happening...can't rem how he got out against Pak but last two outs were just stupid ... We don't play this type of cricket anymore)
- needs to bring in Sunny (hello? Is he not our current best bowler? Did well in the Pak series and BPL)
- Imrul Kayes needs to be back (possibly won't make any difference in place of Nazim but since it won't, let him play instead)
- Nasir needs to come in at number 4 (nicely composed player... He needs some longer innings)
- Mushfik needs to come after Shakib at 6 (this guy can play under pressure... Usually for our team the pressure builds when numb 5/6 comes on)
- nazmul needs to be given full 10 overs (com on he was superb today... Not happy with Mushfik for not letting him finish off)
- Mushfik's toss luck will run out (according to the laws of stats ...there ain't any).... We will be sent to bat. The mental target should be 300.
-

TigerEz
March 20, 2012, 08:08 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sKyU6wprGjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ahahahhahahahah im laughign at the face of this promo

banindfan
March 20, 2012, 08:13 PM
On current form, we will win the asia cup..sending pakistan home!!

banindfan
March 20, 2012, 08:14 PM
We need to preserve & groom "nasir & nazmul"
..greatest bangladesh find after tamim and shakib

GhuneDhora
March 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
What's the point of bringing Imrul in?

Nazim will take 10 balls to score 10 runs & Imrul will take 30 balls to score 10 runs. He will make it worse and put more pressure on Tamim! :smh:

About Shahadat, he will stay because they won't be debuting Abul on a big game like this.

Sunny can't join cause Law said he wants 3 seamers. :E

:flag::flag: Whatever happens IWWW (Insh'Allah We Will Win) :flag::flag:

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 08:40 PM
Nice thread wise bhai :clap:

TIGERS BRING THE ASIA CUP FOR US NOW!!! WE HAVE TO DO IT :D

banindfan
March 20, 2012, 08:43 PM
We are destined to win the Asia Cup. No doubts about that.

Lets enjoy our yesterdays win and celebrate our teams coming off age..

I would love Bangladesh to whip the non-asian teams next and show the world we are TIGERS!!!:flag:

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 08:44 PM
The things that Law should do now:

1. Keep Nazim or maybe try bringing Anamul to open with Tamim. Although inclusion of any new batsman in the finals might bring an adverse effect.
2. Shahadat HAS to go. If he keeps on gifting runs to the opposition, pointless keeping him.
3. Bring Sunny to the xi.....isn't he our best spinner after Shakib?
4. Cement Nazmul's lace in the xi.
5. Bring Nasir to play at no. 4. Let Mushy come at no. 6.

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 08:45 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sKyU6wprGjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tigers BITCHSLAPPED this promo by going to the finals :D

banindfan
March 20, 2012, 08:45 PM
Stuart law seems to be the mose level headed coach we have ever got ....kudos stuart..you have showed them the composure and ability to win back to back against stronger nations..plzz remain as our coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tmahmud
March 20, 2012, 08:58 PM
Tigers BITCHSLAPPED this promo by going to the finals :D

Purai!:up::up::up:

Cholo Bangladesh!!!:flag::flag::flag:

Dilscoop
March 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
I usually don't make these sort of typical fan moves, but I think we should sit Nazim and bring in Junaid Siddique for the finals. He should've been in the squad!

mali007
March 20, 2012, 09:05 PM
Keep the Wining combination. Need to change the batting order , Nasir at 4 and Shakib at 5 .

TIKBoss
March 20, 2012, 09:11 PM

next asia cup promo will be asia cup losers india, pakistan and lanka returns.. and asia cup winner bangladesh returns.

Jadukor
March 20, 2012, 09:36 PM
Nazimduddin was disappointing in the last two games. In this tournament all our batsmen are coming good and it's basically last chance for Nazim to do something in the final game. I hope he will play an attacking innings and put pressure on Gul early in the powerplay.

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 09:37 PM
Nazimduddin was disappointing in the last two games. In this tournament all our batsmen are coming good and it's basically last chance for Nazim to do something in the final game. I hope he will play an attacking innings and put pressure on Gul early in the powerplay.

otoshoto bujhi na....apnar match report den for the grand final :D

Jadukor
March 20, 2012, 09:44 PM
Too happy right now... Akhon match report likhte gele khali smiley face chole ashbe :-p

TigerEz
March 20, 2012, 09:48 PM
My squad:

Tamim
Nazim/Kayes/Anamul
Jahurul/Anamul
Riyad
Nasir
Shakib
Mushfiq
Mashrafe
Sunny/Abul
Lala
Nazmul

Not a bad time to debut for anamul and abul really!!!!Pressure match and they have to perform.

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 09:48 PM
ashuk......tao likhen...:-p

Shartaz
March 20, 2012, 09:51 PM
To Pakistan: let us win, we tour your country.:lol:

Seriously though, no changes should be made. Too much chopping and change is not good.

wiseshah
March 20, 2012, 10:06 PM
What's the point of bringing Imrul in?

Nazim will take 10 balls to score 10 runs & Imrul will take 30 balls to score 10 runs. He will make it worse and put more pressure on Tamim! :smh:

About Shahadat, he will stay because they won't be debuting Abul on a big game like this.

Sunny can't join cause Law said he wants 3 seamers. :E

:flag::flag: Whatever happens IWWW (Insh'Allah We Will Win) :flag::flag:

tamim and imrul are most successful opening partner, they have diff style. kayes is really good in ODI. he had 11 half century and 2 century in last 16 DPL, A team. he is in super form. he cant do worst then nazim at this moment.

if shafiul were not injured, najmul would never get chance in this match and we wont see this result. some times breaking winning combo is important. its the time

PoorFan
March 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
BD needs 3 pacers no matter what, Mash, Nazmul could have a bad day any given day, Abul is too inexperienced to be in a FINAL game - hence Shahadat stays.

NAzimuddin having tough time but his out against Lankans was a very good inswing ball, any top oreder will have trouble with that ball. The ball that Nazmul got Mahela is an example, besides his strike rate is good and offer us a right - left batting conbination - Hence Nazim stays.

Law must have to do extra work with Jaharul, Nazim and Shahadat, its one and only final, extra experiment or extra geniusescu move at this point will do only harm then benefit. Stick with team now playing like a gel and rather work on every little weakness in the team.

wiseshah
March 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=39806

about imrul and his recent performances

Jadukor
March 20, 2012, 10:11 PM
BD needs 3 pacers no matter what, Mash, Nazmul could have a bad day any given day, Abul is too inexperienced to be in a FINAL game - hence Shahadat stays.

NAzimuddin having tough time but his out against Lankans was a very good inswing ball, any top oreder will have trouble with that ball. The ball that Nazmul got Mahela is an example, besides his strike rate is good and offer us a right - left batting conbination - Hence Nazim stays.

Law must have to do extra work with Jaharul, Nazim and Shahadat, its one and only final, extra experiment or extra geniusescu move at this point will do only harm then benefit. Stick with team now playing like a gel and rather work on every little weakness in the team.
Excellent point.

CricFanBD
March 20, 2012, 10:19 PM
I usually don't make these sort of typical fan moves, but I think we should sit Nazim and bring in Junaid Siddique for the finals. He should've been in the squad!
Exactly my thought! Junaid always played well against Pakistan.

godzilla
March 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
The reason we are being so successful with our batting is because of Nasir Hossain at the bottom. usualy when shakib used to get out before, there was really no one to actualy play on or give some quick runs (yes naeem was crap at doing that). But Nasir is doing exactly what he is suppose to do and that is why our tail enders dosen't get exposed too soon anymore (well atleast in this tournament)

Dilscoop
March 20, 2012, 10:43 PM

Agree with everything but both Naz and Mahela got out playing down the wrong line. Instead of putting down a straight bat, they played across it. I can understand Naz. But that wasn't expected from him.

ialbd
March 20, 2012, 10:44 PM
inshAllah this is our turn to win ...

most likely both Nazimuddin & Shahadat will remain in the squad simply because the alternatives are not strong enough (Anamul should not debut in a final under immense pressure and get hurt psychologically and become Ashraful).

And as much as we all want Shahadat to go, 3 pacers make total sense and hence he will stay.
But what I dont understand is why Mushy keeps persisting with him without finishing Nazmul's quota or heck even rotating it between riyad and nasir (nasir is a super part time bowler but chances are if he bowls an over or 2 it wont be as expensive as shahrukh). Same goes for Abul... should not debut in a final match... pressure gets better of pacers most of the time...

anyways all in all....if we bat first nothing short of 300 will work (but dont know if we can get there batting first, or if we can defend that under lights). But if we bat 2nd.... I think we can seal it..... :)

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 10:45 PM
Toss will be the most important factor on tomorrow's match :)

WorldCup11
March 20, 2012, 10:49 PM
If PAK wins the toss, they'll BAT first

IF BD wins the toss, they will field first.

So , winning or lossing the toss is not going to be a matter :)

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
dekha jak ki hoi....

Ajfar
March 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
Please don't change the winning combination. Yes that means SRK gets to be in the squad too, even though he really doesn't deserve it. I don't think going for an extra spinner (Sunny) in place of SRK will make a whole lot of difference. Mushy should use SRK in short spells during the middle overs and keep him as far away as possible during the Power Play overs.

Ajfar
March 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
If PAK wins the toss, they'll BAT first

IF BD wins the toss, they will field first.

So , winning or lossing the toss is not going to be a matter :)

No pak won't. They saw how BD managed to chase down 290 against India, so they won't want us to chase since that's what we want. They will want to make us bat first and throw us off our game. I have a feeling we will bat first this time. Which is fine, if we are going to lift the cup than we need to be prepared for everything.

WorldCup11
March 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
An interesting Article : (http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012\03\21\story_21-3-2012_pg12_9)

Cricket fans in Karachi were delighted with the heroic win of Bangladesh

Asim, a youth of Gulshan-e-Iqbal said he was happy that India was now out of the tournament. He considered it a sweet revenge of recent match in which India had beaten Pakistan.

ahir, a university student, said Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are brothers and he would be happy that the Asia Cup would go to one of them. He said if Bangladesh beat Pakistan, he would not have much sorry, as the Bangladeshi team is emerging as a new cricket power.

Sameena, a teacher, said she would like Pakistan-Bangladesh cricket clash soon in National Stadium Karachi, adding Karachiites would jam-pack the stadium whenever Bangladeshi teams visited the city.

Faheem, a young cricketer of Burns Road area, declared Bangladesh as hot favorite in Asia Cup final.

Rifat
March 20, 2012, 10:56 PM
Please don't change the winning combination. Yes that means SRK gets to be in the squad too, even though he really doesn't deserve it. I don't think going for an extra spinner (Sunny) in place of SRK will make a whole lot of difference. Mushy should use SRK in short spells during the middle overs and keep him as far away as possible during the Power Play overs.

I approve this message :100percentflag: :accuracyflag:

Despite his poor show in ODI's so far, I still think Nazimuddin is a class Test Batsmen...

Rifat
March 20, 2012, 10:58 PM
Pakistan, is the strongest of the India-Sri Lanka-Pakistan trio who turned up in this Asia cup, They will not easily surrender this golden opportunity to seize the Asia cup from us...

may Allah help us!

Rommel
March 20, 2012, 11:06 PM
I watched the last match on my laptop while sitting in my dormroom, sitting in my Plant Biology and African Studies classes, and while having lunch with my friends and girlfriend. Bangladesh cricket sure made my mundane Tuesday quite amazing, can't wait to do it all again on Thursday!

Zeeshan
March 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
I watched the last match on my laptop while sitting in my dormroom, sitting in my Plant Biology and African Studies classes, and while having lunch with my friends and girlfriend. Bangladesh cricket sure made my mundane Tuesday quite amazing, can't wait to do it all again on Thursday!

Rommel is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait....is that to announce us the fact that you scored bro? :P

Jadukor
March 20, 2012, 11:08 PM
We can beat pakistan. We prevented a powerful batting line up like India from getting 300. I believe we can restrict pakistan to 260-270. We handled malinga-lakmal-kulasekara trio on a lively pitch last night and chased a target over 5 runs per over. If we can handle those guys then we surely can handle gul,cheema and co. The real test will be Ajmal, and as long as our left handers negotiate him well and the batting group keeps performing we will beat pakistan.

WorldCup11
March 20, 2012, 11:12 PM
No pak won't. They saw how BD managed to chase down 290 against India, so they won't want us to chase since that's what we want. They will want to make us bat first and throw us off our game. I have a feeling we will bat first this time. Which is fine, if we are going to lift the cup than we need to be prepared for everything.

Please look at the Last few ODI or T20 Pakistan played http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/team/7.html?template=results

Everytime they won the toss , they choose to bat first. They got a belief that their batsman can score freely without pressure and they got bowling unit that can defend a good total regardless of opposition, Their bowlers also can serve well when opposition batsman are under pressure.

They also choose to bat first against India and their bowlers could defend it but can't just because of Kohli's innings.

Pakistan wont take the risk of chasing because they belive their batsman can't perform well under pressure.

Just my thoughts. :)

zinatf
March 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
See if Virat Kohli can show the courage and break Ajmal/Cheema/Gul's attack....then we should as well....they should take the loss of first match very seriously....work on their mistakes and give their 200% again...like Shakib said...anything's possible for us now..if we can play our natural game...

Come on Team Bangladesh :D

Dilscoop
March 20, 2012, 11:38 PM
We better be ready to bowl 2nd and defend. Rahim is 3 for 3 in toss, so that was helpful. But if he ends up losing the toss, will we be ready to defend? Specially after 2 successful chase?

if Razzak and Shahadat does what they today we will be in trouble.

Zeeshan
March 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
We cannot leave job half-done. Nazmul rattled the big heads early but at the second innings, we were five down with about 80 runs to score. That shows that even if we strike early tomorrow/day after tomorrow, we have to give 200% and play out of our skin.

Jadukor
March 20, 2012, 11:48 PM
There will always be a chance of collapse if pakistan chases. Our target should be 260-270 if we get sent into bat.

cricbook
March 21, 2012, 12:22 AM
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Jahirul Islam
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim+*
Nasir Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Elias Sunny
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain

Exactly My choice team...well done. Shahadat need to drop in the final, and bring sunny back for the final clash.:flag:

wiseshah
March 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
shahadat really keep the pressure off from opposition . after nazmul and mash create pressure, shahadat ease it off . hope he doesnt do that in final

cricbook
March 21, 2012, 12:28 AM
Allah hu akbar........bangla abar shadhin hobe.....enemy same.....22 march...amra vhulbona. Allah hu akbar. :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag: ORA AGARO JON......AGARO POTAKA......AKTAI PROTIGGA........DHOR ASIA CUP....KHA ASIA CUP.....JABI JODI JA....REKHE JA ASIA CUP...TUI OR TORA JEI HOSH. JOI BANGLA
JOI BANGLAR MATI.

Rommel
March 21, 2012, 12:29 AM
Rommel is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait....is that to announce us the fact that you scored bro? :P

Haha it's glad to be back. It's been tough to follow matches with college and everything, but as classes begin to wind down, I will hopefully be able to post more. Bowling first against Pakistan seems to be the way to go, the boys feel like any target is chase-able. Pak's bowling attack is better than India's though, so I think we need to reduce them to around 280 or less to have a good shot. Though if one of our many match winners can carry on to make a 100 (we are due for one, maybe two), maybe even 300+ is chase-able.

Zeeshan
March 21, 2012, 12:47 AM
^^Right on. Heck I am planning to pull an Ocean's 11 to go to the factory that makes the BCB coins just to make sure we doctor the coin so that we can win the toss and chase. Fully echo "boys feel like any target is chase-able". Do stick around Rommel, chat gets cray-zee. <---Subliminal message encoded.

max410
March 21, 2012, 12:54 AM
its about time we beat pakistan for a long time they haven got the taste of the tigers
but my fingers are crossed we need to play well to win this

Dhakablues
March 21, 2012, 12:54 AM
1. Some of you are forgetting that the new ODI rule of new ball on each corner.. That means that we need to have 3 seamers. Otherwise, a player like Elias Sunny who got most wicket at BPL and has been in terrific touch wouldnt be sitting to give room to Shahadat. And the reason Shahadat is in because he has better econ ( 5.7) than Shafiul(5.86) or Rubel(5.4). Abul wasnt going to be in the final XI unless there was another injury. Net net, Shahadat is very unlikely to be removed, especially with a team that has been performing better with 3 pacers and not relying heavily on spinners only

2. There is a reason why Imrul Kayes wasnt in the team initially. Granted, Nazim has some footwork problem but Imrul was simply eye-soaring his last 10 innings looks pathetic. So does Junaid Siddique's. They are all pretty much the same, incosistent, unreliable and still has major flaws facing quality bowlers. One thing that separate Nazim is his subdued shot selection and being a right arm batsman. Again, the question is, are we going from frypan to fire by asking Imrul to join the squad when a winning team has been formed and performing exceedingly well?

PoorFan
March 21, 2012, 12:55 AM
I dont mind batting 1st against Pakistan, they have lots of oldies in the team, let them toil in humid, hot condition, even Shakib, Tamim looked tired while batting yesterday. Let them chase 270+, wont be easy for Pakistan given they usually crumble under pressure.

Zeeshan
March 21, 2012, 12:56 AM
Also I like to add to DB's post it's more of an team spirit, emotional thing. Boys have gone used to each others ticks and what not, and even if the winning combo includes Shahadat, they will have an air of confidence about them.

cricket_king
March 21, 2012, 01:24 AM
The toss will be important again. I'm actually worried about how important it will be. We don't usually win matches batting first anyway, and we've chased during every game this tournament.

Leafs PWN
March 21, 2012, 02:20 AM
Winning against PAK in Asia Cup final, during March would be EPIC!

Sovik
March 21, 2012, 02:32 AM
We won't loose this match. Pressure on Pakistan.

auntu
March 21, 2012, 02:33 AM
Now it's the fakis's turn... Mu ha ha ha...

Antora
March 21, 2012, 02:54 AM
I'm super excided about this match :D we're gonna win :D :D :D

Kinslayer
March 21, 2012, 02:56 AM
Getting tickets is extremely difficult now .

WarWolf
March 21, 2012, 03:03 AM
Bismillah. Insha Allah we will get the trophy. :)

CricketWiz
March 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
just bought 2 grand stand tickets, 8000 tk each. phew

Kinslayer
March 21, 2012, 03:42 AM
just bought 2 grand stand tickets, 8000 tk each. phew

really ? its that expensive now ? ken j age theke ticket kine raklam na :E

shakibrulz
March 21, 2012, 03:46 AM
As usual - win the toss, field first, try to restrict Pak under 300. Though lower your expectations this time - irrespective of the result, you have done well this series. Hope they play their hearts out this time too. My XI:

Tamim
Nazimuddin
Jahurul
Shakib
Mushfiqur+*
Nasir
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe
Sunny
Nazmul
Razzak

I hope they replace Shahadat - he has been bowling some awful hit me balls - just bowling the odd well directed short ball won't work.

Good luck guys!

CricketWiz
March 21, 2012, 03:46 AM
really ? its that expensive now ? ken j age theke ticket kine raklam na :E

ya man it's going up ... ouch my wallet hurts

zinatf
March 21, 2012, 03:49 AM
^^ I guess it's still worth it......

Doosra
March 21, 2012, 04:14 AM
Tamim Iqbal
Jahirul Islam
Imrul Kayes
Nasir Hossain
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim+*
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza
Elias Sunny
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain

silversurf
March 21, 2012, 04:15 AM
And the reason Shahadat is in because he has better econ ( 5.7) than Shafiul(5.86) or Rubel(5.4).
Sorry to say, Nazmul is in for Shafiul and rubel is still injured, so its not the econ issue for shahadat.
Abul wasnt going to be in the final XI unless there was another injury.
why not abul ? don't you want to play better cricket. put away your negative things in the next match ? so why Shahadat not abul. Nazmul is showing his character, give a chance to abul. I think team will not loose much with abul that they are loosing with shahadat.
Granted, Nazim has some footwork problem but Imrul was simply eye-soaring his last 10 innings looks pathetic.
oh u know that nazim has some footwork problem still you are supporting him instead of Imrul. fantastic.
Again, the question is, are we going from frypan to fire by asking Imrul to join the squad when a winning team has been formed and performing exceedingly well?
well when you are facing any big tournament final for the first time in your cricketing history, you have to go through much more just from frypan to fire.
I just don't understand, what the heck is in the winning team combination ?? Shouldn't I go for the better approach of the team if ther is option available. Many of the people are still supporting the inclusion of Shahadat and Nazim just for maintaining winning combo. This is ridiculous. Dropping shahadat will ensure 20-30 extra runs saved and dropping Nazim inclusion of Imrul will atleast proove that no matter who you are you have play well to secure your chances in the squad. At least give imrul a chance.

CricketWiz
March 21, 2012, 04:23 AM
well when you are facing any big tournament final for the first time in your cricketing history, you have to go through much more just from frypan to fire.
I just don't understand, what the heck is in the winning team combination ?? Shouldn't I go for the better approach of the team if ther is option available. Many of the people are still supporting the inclusion of Shahadat and Nazim just for maintaining winning combo. This is ridiculous. Dropping shahadat will ensure 20-30 extra runs saved and dropping Nazim inclusion of Imrul will atleast proove that no matter who you are you have play well to secure your chances in the squad. At least give imrul a chance.

i agree :up:

mac
March 21, 2012, 04:25 AM
Buy me and night_wolf tickets for this match if you want to see bd wining.

silversurf
March 21, 2012, 04:26 AM
We can beat pakistan. We prevented a powerful batting line up like India from getting 300. I believe we can restrict pakistan to 260-270. We handled malinga-lakmal-kulasekara trio on a lively pitch last night and chased a target over 5 runs per over. If we can handle those guys then we surely can handle gul,cheema and co. The real test will be Ajmal, and as long as our left handers negotiate him well and the batting group keeps performing we will beat pakistan.

U just forgotten another important issue. Our pacer's have to pick up quick top order wickets. The character of Pakistan batting now a day's is they start slow and easy. Build a base and then explode in the last 20-25 overs. If our pace bowlers like as they did with SL can take 2-3 early top order wickets that there is huge possibility they will not be able to get success what they are doing so far.

Habib
March 21, 2012, 04:28 AM
Oh and Mushy should not come to bat in the top order like he did yesterday.

silversurf
March 21, 2012, 04:32 AM

Why shouldn't change the winning combination if its good for the team ?? SRK doesn't deserve the place in the squad with 130-132 KPH speed picking up 1-2 wkts giving away 60-75 runs in each match. We are giving 20-30 extra runs just for bad bowling from SRK. All those short spell mushy tried with him just releases the pressure from the batting side. Its not the question of quality batting side, its the question of how bad you are bowling. If any one can watch the bowling pitch report of SRK, i think 70-80% of his bowls aro short of length and sprayed very much out of the line. This type of bowling helps the opposition to settle down, accelarate the RR, play the other bowlers very easy. I think Abul is not a bad idea. How bad he can go ? Not more bad then SRK.

silversurf
March 21, 2012, 04:33 AM

I support you. Nasir should bat at no.4 and mushy at # 6

silversurf
March 21, 2012, 04:44 AM
^^ yes because we are minnows to them unless we can win like this regularly ...:)

Jai hok...

- Shahdat needs to rest (no brainier)
- Nazimuddin needs to go (sorry but it's not happening...can't rem how he got out against Pak but last two outs were just stupid ... We don't play this type of cricket anymore)
- needs to bring in Sunny (hello? Is he not our current best bowler? Did well in the Pak series and BPL)
- Imrul Kayes needs to be back (possibly won't make any difference in place of Nazim but since it won't, let him play instead)
- Nasir needs to come in at number 4 (nicely composed player... He needs some longer innings)
- Mushfik needs to come after Shakib at 6 (this guy can play under pressure... Usually for our team the pressure builds when numb 5/6 comes on)
- nazmul needs to be given full 10 overs (com on he was superb today... Not happy with Mushfik for not letting him finish off)
- Mushfik's toss luck will run out (according to the laws of stats ...there ain't any).... We will be sent to bat. The mental target should be 300.
-

1000% agreed.
But nothing will happened as you wished.
SRK and Nazim will play (in the sake of so called winning combo).
Mushfik will come at # 4 as he is the captain, I think he have some ego issue batting low down the order. I
f SRK is playinng then again Naz will be denied for full 10 overs cause, SRK will get 1-2 wicket in the death over due to hitting from the batsman, our think tank will think let him give some more overs (damn idea) and those will go for more runs.
In any other way, we will not reach 300. we have to tear off pakis 2-3 wickets very early, only way to feel comfortable.

Another thing, anyone notice the field setting of mushy when the spinners are bowling ? wheather its a new batsman or old mushy always put only 4 fielders in the circle. Put long on and long off on the rope, batters get very easy singles, why ? he can atleast put one man from long on or long off inside the circle and try to cut some singles. I don't know the reason but it looks very odd to me. Batsman always get very easy singles from those areas and settle down. Do anybody know the reason.

silversurf
March 21, 2012, 04:52 AM

Bad idea. Either chasing or batting first loosing early wickets is very bad for the team.

silversurf
March 21, 2012, 04:54 AM
Anyone notice the field setting of mushy when the spinners are bowling ? wheather its a new batsman or old mushy always put only 4 fielders in the circle. Put long on and long off on the rope, batters get very easy singles, why ? he can atleast put one man from long on or long off inside the circle and try to cut some singles. I don't know the reason but it looks very odd to me. Batsman always get very easy singles from those areas and settle down. Do anybody know the reason.

BANFAN
March 21, 2012, 05:20 AM
Sorry to say, Nazmul is in for Shafiul and rubel is still injured, so its not the econ issue for shahadat.

why not abul ? don't you want to play better cricket. put away your negative things in the next match ? so why Shahadat not abul. Nazmul is showing his character, give a chance to abul. I think team will not loose much with abul that they are loosing with shahadat.

oh u know that nazim has some footwork problem still you are supporting him instead of Imrul. fantastic.

How do you know abul will not leak more and Nazim won't play a winning knock next match? Shahadat took 3 wickets against Pak and broke vital partnership, why you like to drop him? You don't do experiments in the middle of a tournament. Nazim is due to click anytime and final could be that place. You don't drop players for a couple of bad matches, unless the team is in serious losing streak, or the pitch demand any particular skill not in the team etc...

Let the same team play and win us the final, why should we disturb the team now? We can always try IK in next series.

patriot
March 21, 2012, 06:36 AM
Shadhat Hossain should be dropped . This time the Pakistanis will be better equipped with those 120kph bouncers . They will be now be dispatched to the crowd with ease. Anybody in the team but this guy. The lesser you talk about his fielding the better .

azybro
March 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
After achieving an historical winning and reaching in Asia Cup Final Live (http://www.aasportsnews.com/asia-cup-2012-final-live-match/712193/), this time it is most awaiting for Bangladesh People who are waiting for it......

zinatf
March 21, 2012, 07:24 AM
Uff ar tor shoitese na....feeling very impatient....

Tiger Manc
March 21, 2012, 07:44 AM
This is the big one. I wouldn't mind losing a series to Zim as long as they can pull this off. Never mind India, this is the biggest derby of them all. Come on the Tigers!

Awla
March 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
Nazim r Shahadat k niye chintar bishoy..dekha jak kopale ki ase.... toss ta jitte parle one boro plus point hob

fuzzy
March 21, 2012, 08:02 AM
not 3 spinners again... we already have too many in side like nasir and mahmudullah other than shakib and razzak.

i would been if abul hasan gets chanches instead of shahadath. not sunny

simon
March 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
hehe, good to see WiseShah bhai opening the thread for the most valuable match in BD Cric history.
We are already on Page 4.:o
Allah bhorsha, waiting too long for a victory vs PAK. :-|

fuzzy
March 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
nazimuddin ok, just need to pick the right ball to hit. kayes is irresposible like ash

playmaker
March 21, 2012, 08:17 AM
lets hope for no rain

Pakistan has beaten Bangladesh a lot and now it is really the PAYBACK time

I want the boys out their and eat them up!

ransr5
March 21, 2012, 09:40 AM
Exactly My choice team...well done. Shahadat need to drop in the final, and bring sunny back for the final clash.:flag:

i don't think, nazimuddin should be replaced,,,,,, brining in imrul kayes or someone else won't be a great idea. this nazimuddin already played 3 games, he is much more confident that other played for the opening duo. he should be given a chance again.

insAllah we will be the winner... go tigers.

mac
March 21, 2012, 09:43 AM
Jaitesi..kal keo jaitesi...HAT TRICK koirai firbo inshaAllah.

beshideshi
March 21, 2012, 09:45 AM
Here is a little preview I wrote, hope you like it :)

The impressive victory over Sri Lanka which propelled Bangladesh in the Asia Cup finals is the biggest moment in the youngest test nation’s cricket history. It was a tremendous team effort and showed an unprecedented consistency held by the Bangladesh team. Albeit it was against a tired, jaded Sri Lankan team, this argument could only be used by people who haven’t watched the game and want to demean the achievement.

However it’s all in the past now, what happened on the 20th March will be remembered but nothing the Bangladeshi players would like to rely on. Bangladesh comes into the final as serious contenders if not favourites, something that was unthinkable a week earlier. But Bangladesh are here, and more deserving than the teams that have missed out, Bangladesh have played cricket of very high quality, shown great promise throughout the tournament and with such an amazing crowd backing, you never know where the roof of their achievement lies.

When the Bangladeshi team takes the field tomorrow, there will be a different kind of pressure, the pressure to show they can handle massive games, something they are not very well known for. But the Bangladesh team that has played over the past week has shown significant difference from their ancestors, and one will not be surprised if they pull the biggest bunny out of their hat on Thursday.

Pakistan on the other hand, would be happy to see Bangladesh in the finals. As they have a bad track record of losing crucial games to India. However the Pakistani team will not be as relieved as they were when they faced Bangladesh for the first time this tournament. They know the hosts will be upbeat and full of confidence and with a determination to win. When they say the clichéd “we are not taking the opponents lightly”, it will be more than formality one will assume.

The Pakistan team also has a point to prove, despite their unbelievable test run, their one day form has not been one to match the tests’. Coming to Asia cup after a whitewash in the hands of England, they will like nothing more than to take the Asia cup home. Winning the Asia cup would certainly prove to be a fine addition to the crown and would certainly be a cherry to top off their revival since the spot fixing tragedy.
In all likelihood, Pakistan are still expected to win the game and lift the trophy but the Bangladeshis will know, who have just come out of their biggest cricketing success, that the achievement on 20th could very well become second best if they somehow manage to sneak past Pakistan tomorrow. And given the sort of form they are in, it will take a brave man to bet against Bangladesh.

razath
March 21, 2012, 09:48 AM
Who is after whom? Can any body tell? Tigers will eventually catch Pakis.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Tiger_chasing_a_deer_cropped.jpg

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 09:49 AM
Here is a little preview I wrote, hope you like it :)

The impressive victory over Sri Lanka which propelled Bangladesh in the Asia Cup finals is the biggest moment in the youngest test nation’s cricket history. It was a tremendous team effort and showed an unprecedented consistency held by the Bangladesh team. Albeit it was against a tired, jaded Sri Lankan team, this argument could only be used by people who haven’t watched the game and want to demean the achievement.

However it’s all in the past now, what happened on the 20th March will be remembered but nothing the Bangladeshi players would like to rely on. Bangladesh comes into the final as serious contenders if not favourites, something that was unthinkable a week earlier. But Bangladesh are here, and more deserving than the teams that have missed out, Bangladesh have played cricket of very high quality, shown great promise throughout the tournament and with such an amazing crowd backing, you never know where the roof of their achievement lies.

When the Bangladeshi team takes the field tomorrow, there will be a different kind of pressure, the pressure to show they can handle massive games, something they are not very well known for. But the Bangladesh team that has played over the past week has shown significant difference from their ancestors, and one will not be surprised if they pull the biggest bunny out of their hat on Thursday.

Pakistan on the other hand, would be happy to see Bangladesh in the finals. As they have a bad track record of losing crucial games to India. However the Pakistani team will not be as relieved as they were when they faced Bangladesh for the first time this tournament. They know the hosts will be upbeat and full of confidence and with a determination to win. When they say the clichéd “we are not taking the opponents lightly”, it will be more than formality one will assume.

The Pakistan team also has a point to prove, despite their unbelievable test run, their one day form has not been one to match the tests’. Coming to Asia cup after a whitewash in the hands of England, they will like nothing more than to take the Asia cup home. Winning the Asia cup would certainly prove to be a fine addition to the crown and would certainly be a cherry to top off their revival since the spot fixing tragedy.
In all likelihood, Pakistan are still expected to win the game and lift the trophy but the Bangladeshis will know, who have just come out of their biggest cricketing success, that the achievement on 20th could very well become second best if they somehow manage to sneak past Pakistan tomorrow. And given the sort of form they are in, it will take a brave man to bet against Bangladesh.

Just like your posts beshideshi, this preview was great. I think this is front page material. BC staff, what do you think?

zinatf
March 21, 2012, 09:50 AM
Amazing article Beshideshi. Looks like a front page BC article to me.

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 09:50 AM
Toss will be the most important factor on tomorrow's match :)

Not really, Tigers will win inshaAllah whether we bat or bowl first. But I think we have the advantage here, Pakistan are poor chasers so batting 2nd is disadvantage for them, specially in the final. And batting 2nd is an advantage on this pitch, specially for us since we are used to chasing here. We will be fine whether we bat 1st or 2nd.

Zunaid
March 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
Just like your posts beshideshi, this preview was great. I think this is front page material. BC staff, what do you think?

I agree! Beshideshi?

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 09:57 AM

I agree. The failures at #4 and his huge success at #6 should be an indicator for him that he should bat at #6 for this match. I think either Nasir or Shakib should bat at #4. Since Nasir did already bat at #4 and found success there, I think it's a better idea to have him at #4.

beshideshi
March 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
I agree! Beshideshi?

Thanks to everyone :)

And Zunaid bhai, I will be obliged :) do you want me to have a quick edit of the piece?

Zunaid
March 21, 2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks to everyone :)

And Zunaid bhai, I will be obliged :) do you want me to have a quick edit of the piece?

Yes please and PM both Nasif and Zeeshan. As I am going into the dark side, I won't be able to work on it but one of these two and take it and run with it.

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 10:05 AM
Ok, I have been hearing some poeple saying Pakistan are too strong and they are the best odi team in Asia or in the world. So decided to just show some facts, no offense to Pak fans :)

They lost 4-0 to England in their familiar conditions, England who are little more than average in odi's outside their home.
They couldn't defend 330 against an Indian team without Virender Sehwag, yea the pitch was flat but also showed their bowling attack is not all that great and depends heavily on Saeed Ajmal and if you take the attack to them they will falter.
They are ranked 6th in Icc odi rankings, below India and sri lanka whom we beat comprehensively and even behind England who aren't great in odi. If we play like we have been in this Asia cup we can definitely beat them.

Rifat H
March 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/521741_231600026937180_154890347941482_415275_1817 124453_n.jpg

khan28
March 21, 2012, 10:25 AM
If Bangladesh win the final, they'd be the 2nd team after Australia to beat India, Pak and SL in a single tournament (via @ESPNCricInfo)

shuziburo
March 21, 2012, 10:36 AM
How do you know abul will not leak more and Nazim won't play a winning knock next match? Shahadat took 3 wickets against Pak and broke vital partnership, why you like to drop him? You don't do experiments in the middle of a tournament. Nazim is due to click anytime and final could be that place. You don't drop players for a couple of bad matches, unless the team is in serious losing streak, or the pitch demand any particular skill not in the team etc...

Let the same team play and win us the final, why should we disturb the team now? We can always try IK in next series.

Shahadat's line in this tournament:
PAK: 8-0-53-3-6.62 (1nb, 1w)
IND: 10-0-81-0-8.10 (1nb, 2w)
SL: 8-0-51-1-6.37 (2w)

I would rather have the injured Shafiul! But, seriously, we could bring in another spinner all-rounder. I am not sure if I can trust any other pacer for this match.

shuziburo
March 21, 2012, 10:36 AM
Uff ar tor shoitese na....feeling very impatient....

keno porashuna ba kaaj nai?

Saifulsohel
March 21, 2012, 10:39 AM
Bad news:Tamim has high fever.He is doubtful for tomorrow match.Source:Banglanews24.Com

playmaker
March 21, 2012, 10:39 AM
Well, if we get Hafeez and Nasir Jamshed out in first 10 overs, then I srsly doubt Pakistan will score more than 250 runs

Beamer
March 21, 2012, 10:41 AM
Bad news:Tamim has high fever.He is doubtful for tomorrow match.Source:Banglanews24.Com

What? Please say No.

Once again, winning the toss is all important, and chasing is the thing to do in this tournament.

shuziburo
March 21, 2012, 10:43 AM
We definitely have the capability to win this. We would have beat them in our first match if the batting collapse did not happen in the end. But, we have avoided this for two matches now.

If we negotiate Gul and Ajmal properly, scoring 300+ should not be difficult. When bowling, we need to get some quick wickets. Hopefully, Nazmul will continue to provide early breakthroughs.

Ok, I have been hearing some poeple saying Pakistan are too strong and they are the best odi team in Asia or in the world. So decided to just show some facts, no offense to Pak fans :)

They lost 4-0 to England in their familiar conditions, England who are little more than average in odi's outside their home.
They couldn't defend 330 against an Indian team without Virender Sehwag, yea the pitch was flat but also showed their bowling attack is not all that great and depends heavily on Saeed Ajmal and if you take the attack to them they will falter.
They are ranked 6th in Icc odi rankings, below India and sri lanka whom we beat comprehensively and even behind England who aren't great in odi. If we play like we have been in this Asia cup we can definitely beat them.

Rifat H
March 21, 2012, 10:44 AM

What ???? Allah help us !!

shuziburo
March 21, 2012, 10:50 AM

The latest news is, he has improved and is expected to play. More at [বাংলা]অপরিবর্তিত দল নিয়ে খেলবে বাংলাদেশ[/বাংলা] (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=902043f8b124d5e45a5afbf0d2c5b 41d&nttl=2012032109244698232).

abu2abu
March 21, 2012, 10:51 AM
I think people are being a bit harsh on Shahadat here. Sure he's inconsistent, but it's not fair to call him "slow"!

In fact didn't Ian Pont say recently in our forum that Shahadat was consistently the fastest bowler in the nets when he was bowling coach?...

hoodlum
March 21, 2012, 11:07 AM
Crapshahadat is in the team. So is Nazimuddin. Poor team selection.

Rommel
March 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm so excited for this match. The thing that sucks for me is that I have an exam at 11 am (US Eastern time) tomorrow. So I might miss the last hour of the match :/

meazz1
March 21, 2012, 11:13 AM

Very nicely put.

khan28
March 21, 2012, 11:15 AM
Bangalis living in pakistan saying that Bangladesh will win tommorrow :P

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
The latest news is, he has improved and is expected to play. More at [বাংলা]অপরিবর্তিত দল নিয়ে খেলবে বাংলাদেশ[/বাংলা] (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=902043f8b124d5e45a5afbf0d2c5b 41d&nttl=2012032109244698232).

Thank Allah, inshaAllah tamim will be absolutely fine on match day and will score big.

dash
March 21, 2012, 11:31 AM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=2692&s=1627847&c=340009" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

playmaker
March 21, 2012, 11:39 AM
We can do it brothers and sisters!

Navo
March 21, 2012, 11:41 AM
I have to say, it's so hard to take anything they say seriously with that dunce hat xD

Habib
March 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
I think people are being a bit harsh on Shahadat here. Sure he's inconsistent, but it's not fair to call him "slow"!

In fact didn't Ian Pont say recently in our forum that Shahadat was consistently the fastest bowler in the nets when he was bowling coach?...

And Ashraful is also the best batsman in the nets.

Dhakablues
March 21, 2012, 12:00 PM
Playing against a spirited side who just came negotiating Lasith Malinga, Kulasakera,,, Umar Gul or Wahab Riaz arent going to be the issues... Its a matter of keeping the nerve cool. Last time, had Mashrafee/Razzaque not tried to blast for sixes, it wouldve been a different story and we wouldve won against Pakistan. Bangladesh has the crowd, momentum, spirited team and an injury free squad to choose from. Pakistan has a tight unit that hasnt had much recent success in ODI format without Umar Akmal or Ajmal contributing..

Pakistan's style of playing has changed with Misbah.. they start extremely slow to keep wickets contrary to India, Sri Lanka or other dominant ODI teams. Pakistan heavily relies on getting some runs onboard and then start milking after the 10th over and then Umar Akmal, Afridi comes to score quick runs after 36th to final over. Akmal is the Shakib of their team and can cause the balance shift anytime...

The key to Bangladesh's success isnt going to be an economical spell that breaks Paks top order bowled by Shahadat or Nazimuddin playing great innings of 183. It can happen but most likely it wont..Unless grand master Shakib continues his purple patch and Tamim and Nasir contributes, there isnt a la Ashraful of 2005 that can blast Pakistan away with 50 balls!!

The key, I think is for 50% of the players doing their job atleast 80%.. If Pakistan can get Tamim, Shakib, Nasir, Mushfique in less than 30 runs.. they know Riad, Nazim, Jahirul, Mashrafee, Razzaque can't finish the deal..On the same token, if Mashrafee, Saqib, Razzaque cant check runs or Razzaque, Mushfique misses the chatches, very unlikely that Shahadat, Nazmul will take a 5for to win it..

Net net, it will have to be another amazing brand of game that Bangladesh has to play. Keeping it simple, clinical and non-flamboyouant. Bangladesh will be playing with 11 players+25,000 crowd, offcourse they can win this... I am already thinking what will be the winning margin in April when we play in Lahore!!!

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 12:08 PM

I honestly don't care much about his economy rate because wicket takers do end up being expensive but my main problem with him has been that he hasn't even taken wickets. He's bowling with no real plan whatsoever. Like I've said before this guy is the Ashraful version as a bowler. Once he starts playing well, he's too hard to stop but once he does bad, it goes downhill for him fast. I'm hoping it's the former tomorrow.

LateCut
March 21, 2012, 12:15 PM
I wish the final was best of 3 matches.

Yah but only if we do not win the first match. Best of five if we loose the first two.

zsayeed
March 21, 2012, 12:33 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/PAKBAN-1.jpg
Last Minute Pointers

zsayeed
March 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/pakban2.jpg

amar11432
March 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Bangalis living in pakistan saying that Bangladesh will win tommorrow :P

funny, cause Pakistanis living in BD are saying the same thing.

zsayeed
March 21, 2012, 12:44 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="640" height="360" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=2692&s=1628243&c=340009" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

Nadim
March 21, 2012, 12:44 PM
Srk definately playing tomorrow. Allah rokkha koro.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Kinslayer
March 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
Going to the stadium and Ive never been more excited in my whole life :)

wiseshah
March 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
Plz drop either nazim or shahadat. Cant win with 9 players.

Shakib, tamim, nasir, mash--- played consistently but bad day can come any time

Have to depend on mushy, riad and jahurul

I have a feelings; if kayes plays, he will score 50+,he always bounce back with biggie.
I am a nazim fan always but i think he is off form and mentally he will be under pressure. I want to see him in upcoming tour also but not in tommorrows final. We need to win this cup, at any way

wiseshah
March 21, 2012, 01:27 PM
I think that is the deal with Lotus and PCB.

Is that ur imagination, if so---- what the heck.... I still dont mind. I just want to win
Keep imagining

MSM B2C
March 21, 2012, 01:28 PM
I think that is the deal with Lotus and PCB.

Just becuase you fear that Pakistan might lose, you are already inventing reasons to cover up. I don;t like this approach. If bangladesh win is duely becuase of the top performance through-out the tournment. We have beaten Sri Lanka and India, the world cup finalist to reach the final, and deserve to win the final. I wan;t the players to play top cricket and win. I personally don't like pakistan, they always have sort of coruption and negative image to them. I feel sad for pakistani Fans, they have to live every moment knowing that the players might be involved in match fixing playing against any nations specially England. But if bangladesh win tommorrow they deserve it the most!

Night_wolf
March 21, 2012, 01:30 PM
Going to the stadium and Ive never been more excited in my whole life :)

ah lucky you:applause:

Rabz
March 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
InshAllah we will win tomorrow and create history :)

Night_wolf
March 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
If Bangladesh go on to win the final, they will become only the second team after Australia (in the 2003 World Cup) to beat India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in a single tournament

source cricinfo match preview

now this has become even more interesting...i would love to have that record

TigerEz
March 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
Why do people take shakib,nasir and tamim for granted? Everyone wants these guys to perform every match!!! i mean they are humans too,and they r bengali too. Why cant we count on someone else for once? I have a very bad feeling about this match, thats why im saying this.
But im not the one playing, so InshaAllah our boys will keep that cup home.

roman
March 21, 2012, 01:46 PM
http://new.ittefaq.com.bd/uploads/news_image/2012-03-22_1332346136.jpg

TigerEz
March 21, 2012, 01:48 PM
We win toss, let the party begin. We loose toss, Yay atleast we beat India and Sri lanka.

MarufH
March 21, 2012, 01:49 PM
lets go tigers!

shiplu
March 21, 2012, 01:49 PM
I hope nazimuddin gets replaced by someone.
but who? Its tough, I can't see anymore talent,
imrul= inconsistent
anamul= inexperienced.

Proud Pak
March 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
Home advantage!!! playing on pitches you have played for years. This is the bottom line of recent Bangladesh success.

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Why do people take shakib,nasir and tamim for granted? Everyone wants these guys to perform every match!!! i mean they are humans too,and they r bengali too. Why cant we count on someone else for once? I have a very bad feeling about this match, thats why im saying this.
But im not the one playing, so InshaAllah our boys will keep that cup home.

mushy, jahurul, nazim failed with bat last match so hopefully they will score big. with ball shahadat failed so hoping same with him

senman
March 21, 2012, 01:55 PM
Congratz for the Bangladesh team in the last two matches , they put up a very good performance. Fantastic wins even though I am disappointed India did not get to the final but its heartening to see another subcontinent team raise to the top. All the best in the finals Tigers (for the first time I can see them worthy of the title Tigers, they played like one.)

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 01:57 PM
Home advantage!!! playing on pitches you have played for years. This is the bottom line of recent Bangladesh success.

Which tough series Pakistan won away from home recently? NOTHING.. so stop talking rubbish. Bangladesh only has been playing odi series regularly since 2000 when we got test status.. your team even after so many years can't wait test series away from home so think before you talk.

Night_wolf
March 21, 2012, 01:59 PM

wow another troll

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 01:59 PM
Congratz for the Bangladesh team in the last two matches , they put up a very good performance. Fantastic wins even though I am disappointed India did not get to the final but its heartening to see another subcontinent team raise to the top. All the best in the finals Tigers (for the first time I can see them worthy of the title Tigers, they played like one.)

amar11432
March 21, 2012, 02:03 PM

oh please get a real excuse ALL subcontineal pitches are the more or less the SAME, so its a level playing field for all team. The only difference is that there aren't bombs going off near the stadium.

wiseshah
March 21, 2012, 02:06 PM
I hope nazimuddin gets replaced by someone.
but who? Its tough, I can't see anymore talent,
imrul= inconsistent
anamul= inexperienced.

Really?
Really?

Before nasir came into the team--- did u find any talent?
How abt before shakib-- any talent
Imrul and inconsistent? Really?

Saifulsohel
March 21, 2012, 02:06 PM
Mushfiq thinks chasing will be difficult in nervy final

wiseshah
March 21, 2012, 02:07 PM

Nice pic roman. Can i steal it?

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 02:08 PM
oh please get a real excuse ALL subcontineal pitches are the more or less the SAME, so its a level playing field for all team. The only difference is that there aren't bombs going off near the stadium.

bro he is a troll, please don't stoop to their level.

roman
March 21, 2012, 02:19 PM
Nice pic roman. Can i steal it?
No you cant steal it...But you can have it :)

Shaan
March 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
just classic :)

Dilscoop
March 21, 2012, 02:26 PM
Why is "home advantage" looked as a bad thing? That's why it's called HOME advantage :facepalm:. Oh and if that was the ONLY reason why we are in the finals, then you should be very scared Pakistani fans.

Wonder where was this "home advantage" last couple of years, since it's the "bottom line."

funny, cause Pakistanis living in BD are saying the same thing.

:clap: >:)

abu2abu
March 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
And Ashraful is also the best batsman in the nets.

You miss the point my friend; I was not assessing his quality as a fast bowler but questioning the assertion that he in fact lacks pace.

The idea that Shahadat doesn't have the pace to match his grunting aggression (an assertion that has gained common currency in the BC forum) is apocryphal.

When your own fast bowling (or at least a former one) coach tells you Shahadat consistently bowls faster than the rest (that's including the likes of Rubel and Shafiul) you know there must be some truth to that...

As to whether he should be in the ODI side, although Shahadat has been poor some of the time I think he did enough in the games so far and in the Dhaka Premier League to warrant a place in the side. I certainly wouldn't replace him with a spinner.

So far the combination of 3 pacers and 2 spinner has worked well for us and we should continue in that vein.

In my view, one of Siddons' biggest mistakes was being over reliant on the spinners and not trusting the seamers especially in home games. This often resulted in the likes of Nazmul missing out on some much needed match practice ...

MohammedC
March 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
We win toss, let the party begin. We loose toss, Yay atleast we beat India and Sri lanka.

We loose toss they will send us to bat. We will score more than 300 if you can bat like we did in last 2 matches.

al Furqaan
March 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
we need to try and restrain PAK to under 275. that will be solid. it was a dream to keep them below 262 when they got off to such a flyer.

mij
March 21, 2012, 03:13 PM
Only way to shut eveyone is to win against Pakistan. As I said to shut whole world we need to win the final.

meazz1
March 21, 2012, 03:15 PM
We loose toss they will send us to bat. We will score more than 300 if you can bat like we did in last 2 matches.

The crystal ball is telling me that we will win the toss.
Seriously, I think with the momentum and will power of BD going into tomorrow's game, regardless of the toss outcome, we shall conquer.

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 03:20 PM
The crystal ball is telling me that we will win the toss.
Seriously, I think with the momentum and will power of BD going into tomorrow's game, regardless of the toss outcome, we shall conquer.

Agree with this. The momentum is definitely with us. Pakistan just got hammered by Kohli which must have shaken them. Whereas we beat India and SL and are going in to this with a lot of confidence.

BANFAN
March 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
Mushfiq thinks chasing will be difficult in nervy final

He is playing ...:)

So that if he loses the toss, Pakistan sends us for chasing....;) intelligent boy...

Habib
March 21, 2012, 03:39 PM

So that if he loses the toss, Pakistan sends us for chasing....;) intelligent boy...

You got that right :)

oronnya
March 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
I agree. The failures at #4 and his huge success at #6 should be an indicator for him that he should bat at #6 for this match. I think either Nasir or Shakib should bat at #4. Since Nasir did already bat at #4 and found success there, I think it's a better idea to have him at #4.

Exactly.. I think Shakib is perfect for #4.. when 2 wickets are gone you need someone who can stabilize the innings, who can rotate strikes and can also be aggressive if needed.. and Nasir, Mushy , Riyad should follow.. So even if we lose Shakib we will still be in the game as Nasir, Mushy , Riyad all will play cautiously bearing in mind that they have to take the responsibility now as no Shakib is there to bail them out.. That's exactly what happened yesterday.. Nasir and Riyad played cautiously knowing everything depends on them and if they get out tail will be exposed.. Don't know why Shakib refuse to come at #4.. coming at #4 or #5 doesn't make much difference for him as most of the time our #2 and/ or #3 doesn't contribute anything..

MSM B2C
March 21, 2012, 03:41 PM

80% chance Pakistan will bat first! They don't feel comfortable in chasing! If Pak win T.

So both way's we are in good position.

Zeeshan
March 21, 2012, 03:44 PM
No you cant steal it...But you can have it :)

Flirt much?

MSM B2C
March 21, 2012, 03:49 PM
My Squad:

1) Nazimuddin
2) Tamim Iqbal
3) Jahurul Islam
4) Nasir Hossain
5) Shakib Al Hasan
6) Mahmudullah Riad
7) Mushfiqur Rahim (Pinch Hitter, Finisher)
8) Mashrafi bin Mortaza
9) Abdur Razzak
10) Shahadat Hossain
11) Nazmul Hossain

*** No Imrul Kayes, Mohammed Hafeez will eat him alive*** or else I would not mind.

BANFAN
March 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
Plz drop either nazim or shahadat. Cant win with 9 players.

Shakib, tamim, nasir, mash--- played consistently but bad day can come any time

Have to depend on mushy, riad and jahurul

I have a feelings; if kayes plays, he will score 50+,he always bounce back with biggie.
I am a nazim fan always but i think he is off form and mentally he will be under pressure. I want to see him in upcoming tour also but not in tommorrows final. We need to win this cup, at any way

and good day can also come for anyone who hasn't performed that well. So no need to experiment with someone, who hasn't played a single match in the tournament .... Let the team remain... Your feelings in IK has no guarantee.... But going with the players who had been in all these matches is logical... Let's talk something else other than changing team at the last moment... We don't have anyone who, after sitting out all the matches, can just walk in and hit a fifty with guarantee... These are wishful thinking...

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
Exactly.. I think Shakib is perfect for #4.. when 2 wickets are gone you need someone who can stabilize the innings, who can rotate strikes and can also be aggressive if needed.. and Nasir, Mushy , Riyad should follow.. So even if we lose Shakib we will still be in the game as Nasir, Mushy , Riyad all will play cautiously bearing in mind that they have to take the responsibility now as no Shakib is there to bail them out.. That's exactly what happened yesterday.. Nasir and Riyad played cautiously knowing everything depends on them and if they get out tail will be exposed.. Don't know why Shakib refuse to come at #4.. coming at #4 or #5 doesn't make much difference for him as most of the time our #2 and/ or #3 doesn't contribute anything..

I don't think Shakib will come at #4. It looks like he prefers to be at #5. So I think its better then he continues at #5 then since he feels more comfortable there.

The team management should bear this in mind. Mushy has an avg of only a 19 at #4 against the G8 while his avg is a 29 against the G8 when batting at #6. So I think Nasir should come in at #4 since he doesn't have a solid position yet like others and is in the best form along with Shakib and Tamim.

BANFAN
March 21, 2012, 03:56 PM

I think Tiger444 was suggesting Nasir @ 4 and Shak @ 6

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 03:59 PM

No bhai I'm suggesting this lineup, #4 Nasir, #5 Shakib, #6 Mushy :)

Equinox
March 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
I also want Shakib at 4, the shorter the format the higher your best batsmen should bat. But I think Shakib is reluctant to bat at number 4 at international level. So if they want to go with Nasir at 4, it's fine for tomorrow but I don't think he's a long term solution especially while playing overseas. Even in domestic and junior cricket Nasir has never batted above number 6.

BANFAN
March 21, 2012, 04:06 PM

Sounds good... I'm still thinking why Mushy came so high up against SL..

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 04:10 PM
Sounds good... I'm still thinking why Mushy came so high up against SL..

Don't know. If the lineup worked so well against India, don't understand why you would change that combo.

cricheart
March 21, 2012, 04:12 PM
If Bangladesh go on to win the final, they will become only the second team after Australia (in the 2003 World Cup) to beat India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in a single tournament.

BANFAN
March 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
If Bangladesh go on to win the final, they will become only the second team after Australia (in the 2003 World Cup) to beat India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in a single tournament.

To be honest, it means nothing to me. What matters is winning the cup and eyes down for next tournament. I can see this msg comng p in almost every thread...

BANFAN
March 21, 2012, 04:35 PM
Don't know. If the lineup worked so well against India, don't understand why you would change that combo.

People really get deceived by Mushy's technique. After playing that knock against India law probably wanted to give him more chance to bat... But I think we had the best lineup /BO against India in a chase.

Tiger444
March 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
People really get deceived by Mushy's technique. After playing that knock against India law probably wanted to give him more chance to bat... But I think we had the best lineup /BO against India in a chase.

Ya I think that's what happened too. Well let's hope they go with the same lineup as the India game

oronnya
March 21, 2012, 04:45 PM

Ok my logic for not bringing Nasir at 4 is just because he is still not experienced enough to face all sort of tough bowlers as we've seen yesterday.. You need a confident batsman at #4 whereas our baby boy is still learning.. let him come at #5 or even at #6 that is after Shakib taking the pressure off the team by facing the tough bowlers and taking us to a reasonable or a winning position.. Nasir was lucky yesterday in few occassions against Malinga.. he was not comfortable.. that's just inexperience and he will learn for sure... So I don't want him to bat at such imp position right now because if in some matches he can't survive people will ask for his head .. and also we need someone with his his temperament at the lower middle order to stabilize innings after we lose Tamim, Shak and Mushy..

mij
March 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
What I liked about Bangladesh team on last match is that player was communicating with each other throughout the game when batting.

When batsman play a loose shot non striker comes to the batsman asked to come down and be watchful. This was missing from the team before. I hope to see this all the times.

Leafs PWN
March 21, 2012, 04:57 PM
No matter who wins the toss, I think we are at an advantage for this game.

First off, we have immense momentum going into the final. Beating the world cup finalists in consecutive matches is a huge confidence booster.

Pak on the other hand, almost got their asses handed to them by us, and got thrashed by Kohli after scoring 330.

Also, this Pak team does not handle pressure nearly as well as the prior teams did. In the era of Wasim/Waqar, these guys were one of the best in pressure situations. This team is no near close to that.

If we can put the pressure of the final off to the side, and focus, we will win.

Rifat
March 21, 2012, 04:59 PM
May Allah help us curb Destroy our inner Ego!
May Allah help us play to the best of our ability!
May Allah help us defeat Mighty Pakistan!

This one won't be as easy as the last two....

mij
March 21, 2012, 05:13 PM
I just hope umpires don't come in to play.

cricheart
March 21, 2012, 05:27 PM
Allways loved this clip.. recently posted in pakpassion again :)

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LBD-xL_GR98" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
All the "sissy" fans need to take off their sissy suits for one day and really believe in the tigers that we will win. Pakistan needs to be scared of us a lot more than we have to fear them, because we have nothing to lose while they have everything to lose. I admire some users here who always have faith and expect the boys to win before the match, particularly "kalpurush" he is my hero.

SS
March 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Boroi Kothin...boroi Kothin....aei game boroi kothin

oronnya
March 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
I just hope umpires don't come in to play.

Very good point :up:

novocaine
March 21, 2012, 05:50 PM
By the power of my first post,I compel Bangladesh to win! Shei march,shei Dhaka,shei pakistan. Inshallah we will prevail. Asha kori ei din amader jonno kalratri na,shadhinotar shukh nie ashbe.

Ian Pont
March 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
You miss the point my friend; I was not assessing his quality as a fast bowler but questioning the assertion that he in fact lacks pace.

The idea that Shahadat doesn't have the pace to match his grunting aggression (an assertion that has gained common currency in the BC forum) is apocryphal.

When your own fast bowling (or at least a former one) coach tells you Shahadat consistently bowls faster than the rest (that's including the likes of Rubel and Shafiul) you know there must be some truth to that...

As to whether he should be in the ODI side, although Shahadat has been poor some of the time I think he did enough in the games so far and in the Dhaka Premier League to warrant a place in the side. I certainly wouldn't replace him with a spinner.

So far the combination of 3 pacers and 2 spinner has worked well for us and we should continue in that vein.

In my view, one of Siddons' biggest mistakes was being over reliant on the spinners and not trusting the seamers especially in home games. This often resulted in the likes of Nazmul missing out on some much needed match practice ...

It comes down to managing players.

With Shahadat you cannot ask him to bowl line and length. It is better to select someone else to do that role. Rajib CAN bowl with aggression and pace so if you select him to play then that must be his role. This means telling him to go for it and simply blast the ball down to try and prise out wickets. When he was part of the World Cup squad he terrorised some of the batters in the nets with great, fast, short-pitched deliveries.

We did work on his action (which seems to have been forgotten sadly) that was successful in lifting his speed.

His future is to be an aggressive quick. That is what I tried to do when I worked with him :

http://theindependentbd.com/sports/sports-cricket/19822-shahadat-fortifies-his-speed.html

^^^ this may refresh the memory.

It just boils down to how he is used and what belief he has in his role. Clarity of role is vital for any quick bowler - especially one who lacks confidence.

Zeeshan
March 21, 2012, 06:11 PM
Clarity of role is vital for any quick bowler - especially one who lacks confidence.

But why is that boss?

Dilscoop
March 21, 2012, 06:13 PM
SRK is here nor there. Hardly ever bowls at a speed that's worth 80 runs for 3. In fact no speed is worth 80 runs at Pro level.

Ian Pont
March 21, 2012, 06:29 PM
But why is that boss?

Any bowler who doesn't perform will always lack self-belief and confidence. To get him to perform it is vital he is allowed to TRY to bowl fast, encouraged to bowl fast and be told that being aggressive is his primary role. Then he can gain confidence knowing it's OK to do that. He can do it. He definitely needs to train for that role in my view.

I am not saying he should or shouldn't be selected (as I don't know what the plans are). But if you are selecting Shahadat, this must be his job clearly, or else select someone who can bowl accurately instead if he is not going to bowl gas.

Dilscoop
March 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
Any bowler who doesn't perform will always lack self-belief and confidence. To get him to perform it is vital he is allowed to TRY to bowl fast, encouraged to bowl fast and be told that being aggressive is his primary role. Then he can gain confidence knowing it's OK to do that.

I am not saying he should or shouldn't be selected (as I don't know what the plans are). But if you are selecting Shahadat, this must be his job, or else select someone who can bowl accurately instead.
Mash and now Naz is there to hit L&L, keep it tight, which they are, so it suggest Shahdat is there to bowl fast, be aggressive, pick up wickets? So I'm only going to guess that's why they've picked him and they or Mushy is using him the way you want them to?

Also so far he had to bowl when Bangladesh had the upper hand thanks to the other bowlers.

KnightBD
March 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
Is Shahdat getting reverse swing at the end of the innings?

Best of luck in final. :flag:

amar11432
March 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
Most users ever online was 2,638, June 23, 2009 at 06:35 PM.

Lets try to beat this record.

Dilscoop
March 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
SON OF A !!! The game is TONIGHT. As in TONIGHT! Crap I thought it was tomorrow night.

MohammedC
March 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Cant sleep

22Yards
March 21, 2012, 07:08 PM
Shahadat clearly lacks the guidance of a coach. He wants to bowl fast and it seems thats all he wants to do. But bowling no matter how fast in wrong areas brings nothing to the plate. His only lethal weapon is probably the short ball that he needs to work on much.

SS
March 21, 2012, 07:11 PM
Shahadat clearly lacks the guidance of a coach. He wants to bowl fast and it seems thats all he wants to do. But bowling no matter how fast in wrong areas brings nothing to the plate. His only lethal weapon is probably the short ball that he needs to work on much.

bujbar partachina...coach mia koi tar action naki bhala chilo uni think korse kintu akon Shahadat mia tare bhuilai gese...Kare biswas kormu...tobe Shahadat mia jokon koise shei Shahrukh Khan hoibar chai...sheidin theika ami mone korchilam shei cricket chaira cinema korlei bhalo korbo...

TIKBoss
March 21, 2012, 07:21 PM
well with shahadat there is hope in the final, in the match against pakistan he did well and got 3 wickets, hopefully he will perform well.

banindfan
March 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
Bullet Points ;

Nearing our goals IF

1. we win against pakistan to become Best Team in Asia
2. Win one away test series when we get the opportunity to play overseas(except Zimbabwe and Ireland)
3. Win one ODI tournament away outside subcontinent(except Zimbabwe and Ireland)

This will help us shut all critics including people like Geoffrey Boycott

TigerEz
March 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
Bullet Points ;

Nearing our goals IF

1. we win against pakistan to become Best Team in Asia
2. Win one away test series when we get the opportunity to play overseas(except Zimbabwe and Ireland)
3. Win one ODI tournament away outside subcontinent(except Zimbabwe and Ireland)

This will help us shut all critics including people like Geoffrey Boycott

F**** the critics! we cant rush ourselves just cuz we have critics blabbing about us. Jerffer Boycott is a drunk B***** to me, so he dont matter. We have to take our time, learn and go apply it in the field. "NOT ROCKET SCIENCE" as Ian Pont and my teachers would say.