PDA

View Full Version : Invite Afganistan, Ireland, etc., to groom fast track players

tejkuni
March 23, 2012, 10:22 PM
As far I can remember Shakib, Tamim, Farhad Reza started playing for the national team by playing against Zimbabwe and Kenya. I think it was a good idea to start against weaker teams. Bangladesh can invite teams like Afganistan, Ireland, Netherland, Namibia (BD visited Namibia once, so should invite them once) and play some ODI and give chances to the fast track players like Anamul, Mominul. Alauddin Babu, and Abul Hossain. etc.. We do not have any International match in the next 4-5 months and I do not think that Afganistan will have any problem to visit us during the summer. Games can be arranged in the venus like Khulna, Bogra, Sylhet.

TigerEz
March 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
ditto...also i like that using other venues idea. Even stadiums need a rest.

TIKBoss
March 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
good idea, and also try to send these players overseas to different conditions like ireland/zimbabwe

Kana-Baba
March 24, 2012, 12:02 AM
At first please invite Saber Hossain to take over lota

Habib
March 24, 2012, 01:32 AM
We must try to arrange series against top 8 teams first. If they are not available, only then we should arrange series against associate teams IMO.

Shehwar
March 24, 2012, 03:10 AM
I love this idea! We have no cricket for such a long time and it can only help the associates! We have a role to play there too!

Shaun petr
March 24, 2012, 03:49 AM
i don't know bout our players but they will be benefited hugely. I think a bad idea. If you have bpl so no need to bring them here.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

mij
March 24, 2012, 03:53 AM
We must try to arrange series against top 8 teams first. If they are not available, only then we should arrange series against associate teams IMO.

yes, thats right, we need to play more with top team to be at the top of our game. if we continue to play associate we will stragle with top team.

rakib08
March 24, 2012, 06:06 AM
Watch live Afghanistan vs Ireland Final Live cricket online ; 2:00 pm GMT @ http://onlinewatchsport.com/live-cricket-tv-online/

Antora
March 24, 2012, 06:38 AM

yes, thats right, we need to play more with top team to be at the top of our game. if we continue to play associate we will stragle with top team.

Agree :). we've reached that stage where it's vital that we play against top 8 teams.

shakibrulz
March 24, 2012, 06:39 AM
Invite them and let a strong A side play against them - ie no Shakib, Tamim etc.

Gowza
March 24, 2012, 06:42 AM
yeah the A team can play the associates, the national team needs to play test teams really, i reckon especially at this moment since they seem to be jumping that gap they've struggled to jump since getting test status and we don't want to fall back behind.

also BD with the domestic quality it has really needs to arrange more A team tours, it's just imperative, not even just for the quality but to keep the players on the field, BD has a problem where the players don't get enough matches and they have big periods of no match play.

Navo
March 24, 2012, 07:49 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with some of the suggestions above. I'd say play a decently strong A Team against the likes of Netherlands, Namibia, etc but also introduce some of the new guys:

1. Imrul
2. Anamul (WK)
3. Ashraful/Jahurul
4. Riyad (C)
5. Mominul/Hom
6. Junaid Siddique
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Sabbir Hossain Romman/Nur Hossain
9. Arafat Sunny
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Abul Hasan/Al-Amin/ Kamrul Islam

Bowling
I made Riyad the captain because honestly I want to see the captaincy abilities of this guy. I'd also like to see him bowl more because if he is successful then maybe he would be used more in ODIs by Mushy! The same goes for Nasir who has been underused in ODIs despite venerable members of BC like Sohel NR attesting to his prodigious bowling abilities. We know Arafat Sunny has bowled very well in the BPL and that Sabbir Hossain Romman and Nur Hossain can both bowl leg spin, thus inserting much needed variation into our attack. I would hope one of the two would be successful. Then we have Nazmul, if fit, just so that he can remain in the selector's eye and one of the new pace bowling prospects. Oh and Ashraful to bowl his Doosrafuls if required.

Batting
Besides the obvious uncertainty of having Ashraful in the team, I think the batting line up is fairly long. Such matches against the associates would give our coach the opportunity to experiment a little bit - push up Riyad to four for a few matches consecutively and see how Junaid does lower down the order when he can pinch hit as he likes to do. I'd also test Anamul as an opening option in less pressurized circumstances.

Fielding
While the bowling and batting may be a bit fragile with the absence of Shakib, Tamim, Mash and Razzak, I'd hope the insertion of young, new players would mean that our fielding standards would be high. There would be no fielding deadwoods in the team like Razzak or Nazimuddin and the older players in the team like Ash and Junaid have a safe pair of hands.

Tbh, I think against Ireland and even Afghanistan, we'd need some of our big guns. We know that they're a very good ODI/T20 side.

BANFAN
March 24, 2012, 08:14 AM
There is no benefit playing Afg and the likes... I'm not undermining them, but I don't think we need to play t hem. I have watched them (Afg) playing on 22nd against Namibia. I think they are at the level that we were in late 70s daulatuzzaman era......

Playing with other A teams or county teams or CL teams could be a good thing to improve or for checking the ability/form/quality of our A team members ....

Tigers_eye
March 24, 2012, 09:46 AM
Before we do anything we have to decentralize. That is the only way we can become #1 in the long run. That is the real goal. Infra structure chara kisu hobay na. Faltu ekta match/duita match jitba ar lafaba amra jitsi. Each division has to be independent. Have their own budget, own admin, own curator, own field, own coaches, own players, own A team, Own U-19 teams, own bylaws, own drug testings, and own school tournaments with own sponsors. I understand it can not be done in one year but we have to start now with their own admin, own budget and own sponsors. BCB is shob taka nijer pocket'a dhukai tasey and shob kisu dhaka kentrik koirey raksey.

Khaled Mashud can do wonders in Rajshahi. have trust on him.
Same with Habibul Bashar for Khulna.
Not hard to find Rajin as Sylhet Co-ordinator.
Plenty names available for Chittagong and Dhaka. Let BCB take over Barishal till they get one trustworthy. It can be done.

We can be #1 in 10 years time. In our lifetime. But one has to have the infra structure to do it. Players will come. True pacers will be discovered. We have so many times the population than NZ. They just need the opportunity and grooming.

Night_wolf
March 24, 2012, 09:53 AM
Invite Afg and play our A team fill with some promising youngsters like anamul,asif and mominul...Both the teams will be benefited by this

and lets tour Ireland with the A team...ireland conditions will help our young pacers like al amin hossain, and prepare young players in bouncy wickets

i am sure both Ireland and Afg wont mind this...they need cricket and we need to test our young bench strength and future

jeesh
March 28, 2012, 06:14 AM
Good suggestion. Not sure whether Ireland will be interested in playing our A team, but Afghanistan surely will be keen as they are a rapidly developing team.

Terrific opportunity not only to test the younger guys but also give some confidence to those struggling-Hom, Rakibul Hasan, Naeem Islam etc.

Tours like this can help us build a strong reserve

playmaker
March 28, 2012, 08:40 AM
I would like afghan to come over here and play

at the same time, we should go to europe to play against Dutch and Irish so that our players get to experience foreign conditions

100 matches per year in SBNS wont help

akabir77
March 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
Before we do anything we have to decentralize. That is the only way we can become #1 in the long run. That is the real goal. Infra structure chara kisu hobay na. Faltu ekta match/duita match jitba ar lafaba amra jitsi. Each division has to be independent. Have their own budget, own admin, own curator, own field, own coaches, own players, own A team, Own U-19 teams, own bylaws, own drug testings, and own school tournaments with own sponsors. I understand it can not be done in one year but we have to start now with their own admin, own budget and own sponsors. BCB is shob taka nijer pocket'a dhukai tasey and shob kisu dhaka kentrik koirey raksey.

Plenty names available for Chittagong and Dhaka. Let BCB take over Barishal till they get one trustworthy. It can be done.

We can be #1 in 10 years time. In our lifetime. But one has to have the infra structure to do it. Players will come. True pacers will be discovered. We have so many times the population than NZ. They just need the opportunity and grooming.

ahh gani loker guni kotha ki r ai deshey keo shunbey?

jeesh
March 29, 2012, 01:21 AM
I would like afghan to come over here and play

at the same time, we should go to europe to play against Dutch and Irish so that our players get to experience foreign conditions

100 matches per year in SBNS wont help

Correct. Which is why we need to work on our wickets. I heard BCB was trying to import soil from Australia, a move which was later canceled due to concerns from some environmental organization.

Before next edition of BPL i do hope we can establish 6 different grounds. It ll superb if each of these grounds have different conditions. We know SBNS is a batting paradise, and CTG has a bit more turn and bounce. Hope the other 4 grounds have different tracks. It will be good for our cricket.

Going to Europe or Australia or even Sri Lanka is great. But the cost factor is not something BCB can afford or will want to invest in

Leafs PWN
March 29, 2012, 10:43 AM

:clap:

You've hit the main problem in the head. We need to utilize the talents all around our country; not just near one location.

playmaker
March 29, 2012, 10:53 AM
i like the new initiatives by BCB and Hasina but the issue is, why are these things taken a look only when the team is looking good. All this thing should be given a look at quite regularly

BTW, i want more matches in Rajshahi, khulna, few in fatullah and sylhet, and also give some matches to CHITTAGONG :)

HereWeGo
March 29, 2012, 11:46 AM
The Afghan Team defeated Pak A team in Asia cup and almost defeated BD A team also... So if they are invited, than it is going to be a very good series..

Tiger444
March 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
We should be playing Ireland every year in my opinion. They've got a very good team and have given us a lot of trouble in the past. Their tough in their home conditions and it would be a good experience playing them there.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

M.H.Rubel
March 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
The idea of playing with Asoociates is a poor idea to me.Playing with A teams of the top countries is fur more better idea.If we want a boost for fast track players make 2 team from Bangladesh dropping top 3/4 nation players.Invite A team of PAk,SA or Aus and arrange a tourney then look at the quality.
But still arranging this type or tourney is not a good solution to me.
In this off season if we can arrange a DPL 100 over off season 2 day game with 1 reserve day.This wii be the best utilization of this off season.CCDM need to show their love for cricket rather than useless politics.

tejkuni
March 29, 2012, 10:03 PM
The idea of playing with Asoociates is a poor idea to me.Playing with A teams of the top countries is fur more better idea.........

It is interesting to see that we want strong Australia to invite weak Bangladesh, but we do not want strong BD to invite weak Afghanistan. I also think it is important to play against the A teams of top countries and ALONG with that it will also be beneficial to play one or two series against the Associate teams with ODI status. By now Players like Anamul, Mominul, etc., have enough experience against U-19, Academy, and A teams. There are certain amount of pressure while playing official ODI for the first time as a member of the National team, with lot more media coverage, in front of large number of spectators and fan attentions. It will be easier to handle these pressures against a relatively weaker team. Our teachers always suggested to solve the easiest problem first in the math. exam.., which will help to solve the tougher problems later.

Gowza
March 29, 2012, 10:17 PM
i think at this very current time it is important for the national team to play the great 8 teams because it could be quite a critical time in BD's development. one good tournament doesn't put BD on the level of the top 8 cricket nations, it just shows they're capable of that level over the length of a tournament. they have to do it day in day out, week in week out for them to really be on par with the top 8 teams.

that is why i think it's such a critical time at this point because they just had the big tournament and they don't to fall backwards and if they play lesser quality teams then they might lose things a bit when they next play the top 8 teams.

i think they need to arrange a series with a top 8 team.

now when it comes to A team cricket, the A team should be constantly playing and touring the #1 teams of ireland, scotland, netherlands, afghanistan and playing A teams of other test nations.

playing top associate teams and other A teams is a great place for the BD A team to develop more players. the national team should be playing top test teams.

now later on down the track when BD have a proven track record for a number of years of being able to properly compete and beat the top teams then they can play associate teams more often. but for now keep them for the most part to the A team.

tejkuni
March 31, 2012, 10:09 AM
i think at this very current time it is important for the national team to play the great 8 teams because it could be quite a critical time in BD's development..........................i think they need to arrange a series with a top 8 team.

I think everybody will agree with you. Now realistically speaking, if you do not count Zimbabwe series, we will probably get 2 or 3 series a year against top 8 teams. The question is what the national team will do when they do not have a series against a top 8 team for a long time:

- They can play against the A teams.
- They can play against strong Associate teams with ODI status.

In my opinion, we should have both as they will gain different experiences. Good A teams will probably have better players. Playing official ODI will help the young players to learn how to handle the pressure and the experienced players how to score centuries, etc. Also we will have more spectators and media coverage of a BD vs Ireland match compared to BD A vs Sri Lanka A match, so an ODI will be a little bit more fun to the fans and a little bit more money for the board.

We can remember here that, BD played a number of series against Zimbabwe (much weaker then), Kenya, and Bermuda before 2007 World Cup and there they beat India and South Africa. I remember coach Whatmore and few other experts mentioned that those matches against the weak teams helped to instill the winning habit inside the players mind and which was translated against the top teams.

playmaker
March 31, 2012, 10:18 AM
are polapain, jai hok na keno amaderke je kono series arrange korte hobe. Jodi PNG-o khelte ashe tobuo khelbo, something is better than nothing

what is kamal doing not having properly negotiated with any other board about a tour

Habib
March 31, 2012, 11:20 AM
^LOL. Who are you calling polapain?