PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news :এসিসির কাছে বিসিবির চিঠি

frd
March 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
BREAKING NEWS : এশিয়া কাপ ফাইনালের শেষ ওভারে আইজাজ চিমা কতৃক মাহমুদুল্লাহকে ইচ্ছা করে রান নিতে বাধা দেয়ার প্রতিকার চেয়ে এসিসির কাছে বিসিবির চিঠি
source : ATN NEWS

Navo
March 24, 2012, 10:03 AM
Eita kintu korar dorkar chilo nah...ACC ki korbei? result ultabei? Kichui hobei nah, khali amader naam abar kharap hoyei jabei. We'll be termed sore losers.

TIKBoss
March 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
I would also like to file a complaint about the moron that is Loitta Kamal for harming BD cricket.. but nothing will happen. He only wasted his time in useless matters

Rifat H
March 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
delete !!

Naimul_Hd
March 24, 2012, 10:31 AM
BREAKING NEWS : এশিয়া কাপ ফাইনালের শেষ ওভারে আইজাজ চিমা কতৃক মাহমুদুল্লাহকে ইচ্ছা করে রান নিতে বাধা দেয়ার প্রতিকার চেয়ে এসিসির কাছে বিসিবির চিঠি
source : ATN NEWS

i think reporter misinterpreted.
[বাংলা]
'প্রতিকার চেয়ে ' এর জায়গায়ে 'প্রতিবাদ জানিয়ে' হবে মনে হয়। [/বাংলা]

Night_wolf
March 24, 2012, 10:41 AM
i want kemma of cheema

fuadomar
March 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
^^ Akdom thik ache . Result could have been different if Mahmudullah took that second run . Umpire also warned cheema but i think umpire should have inforced the law which i think the ball will be dead and the batting team will be awarded the bonus run they took.
The rule is to give 5 runs + 1 run = 6 runs;

mali007
March 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
Forget about Cheema incident. I will blame Mahmudullah for his stupidity and poor Cricket knowledge !
Why he took 3 runs to give Razzak to face ? Normally recognized batsman face most of the delivery covering tail enders. I give credit to the Pakistan Keeper for intentional overthrow to provoke Mahmudullah to take that 3rd run .

Jonas
March 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
Cheema robbed us of the Asia Cup title. There's no doubt about it. But what more can you expect from Pakistani cricketers? You only have to look at their history.

Seraphen
March 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
Final shesh othocho final er excitement shesh hoy na! LOL. :D

I wish we'd win this.

sufism
March 24, 2012, 12:03 PM
Eishober kono proyojon chilo na. Eita khelar ongsho. Shudhu shudhu pechal. Amader mone rakhte hobe j 1 descision amader bipokke (hafeez) geleo 2 ta pokke geche (younis, akmal). Eishob niye tanatani korar kuno mane nai.

sufism
March 24, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cheema robbed us of the Asia Cup title. There's no doubt about it. But what more can you expect from Pakistani cricketers? You only have to look at their history.

Here we go again!!

We received a lot of appreciation from all over the world. Let's not ruin it......

grow up everyone.....

CrcScientist
March 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
What about the ball on which Shahid Afridi was blocked by BD player dont remember the name. But he was also blocked. It happens.Grow up BD chairman@!!

simon
March 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
how about a re-match ? ;)

oronnya
March 24, 2012, 12:21 PM
Unnecessary really!! We will lose all the respect that we've earned.. Complaining is fine but no need to reverse the result.. oi joy chaina... khoirati mone hobe..

Bangladesh seek to reverse result of Asia Cup final

DHAKA: Bangladesh will ask the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) to review an incident in the final over of the Asia Cup final against Pakistan on Thursday which they believe cost them the game.

Pakistan won by two runs after Bangladesh could score six runs only from the final over bowled by Aizaz Cheema.

Enayet Hossain Siraj, chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) cricket operations committee, told reporters on Saturday that Cheema had deliberately blocked batsman Mahmudullah in the final over.

He said the BCB would demand five penalty runs which if granted could force the ACA to reverse the result.

“We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Mahmudullah deliberately,” Siraj said.

“We will lodge a written appeal to the ACC very soon and will also give a copy to the International Cricket Council.”

http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/24/bangladesh-seek-to-reverse-result-of-asia-cup-final.html

frd
March 24, 2012, 12:21 PM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/03/24/cricket-asia-idUKB14140520120324
Reuters) - Bangladesh will ask the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) to review an incident in the final over of the Asia Cup final against Pakistan on Thursday which they believe cost them the game.

Pakistan won by two runs after Bangladesh could score six runs only from the final over bowled by Aizaz Cheema.

Enayet Hossain Siraj, chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) cricket operations committee, told reporters on Saturday that Cheema had deliberately blocked batsman Mahmudullah in the final over.

He said the BCB would demand five penalty runs which if granted could force the ACA to reverse the result.

"We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Mahmudullah deliberately," Siraj said.

"We will lodge a written appeal to the ACC very soon and will also give a copy to the International Cricket Council."

NoName
March 24, 2012, 12:23 PM
Oh dear

sufism
March 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
Unnecessary really!! We will lose all the respect that we've earned.. Complaining is fine but no need to reverse the result.. oi joy chaina... khoirati mone hobe..

Bangladesh seek to reverse result of Asia Cup final

DHAKA: Bangladesh will ask the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) to review an incident in the final over of the Asia Cup final against Pakistan on Thursday which they believe cost them the game.

“We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Mahmudullah deliberately,” Siraj said.

“We will lodge a written appeal to the ACC very soon and will also give a copy to the International Cricket Council.”

http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/24/bangladesh-seek-to-reverse-result-of-asia-cup-final.html

OMG!!!! BCB!!

They had ruin the glory.......
I was so much enjoying all those appreciative words from all over the world......

simon
March 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
I haven't seen that incident closely so don't want to comment right now,
Nadim Koi? oi part ta youtube e charo ar ekhane share koro . :waiting: ;)

frd
March 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=oronnya;1503774]Unnecessary really!! We will lose all the respect that we've earned.. Complaining is fine but no need to reverse the result.. oi joy chaina... khoirati mone hobe..

ditto . ei cup niye anondo korer kichui thakbe na .

oronnya
March 24, 2012, 12:29 PM
OMG!!!! BCB!!

They had ruin the glory.......
I was so much enjoying all those appreciative words from all over the world......

I think we should request BCB for not doing that. Is there a way to reach out the BCB officials??

Rifat H
March 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
There is no point of trying to reverse the result . Pakistan won and we lost . But i support the idea of complaining bcoz if it is the Umpire's fault then those umpires who gives decision based on the Team's reputation need to get some punishment.

Jonas
March 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
I find this modesty from BC members slightly amusing. This cheating is part of cricket? I guess it's part of Pakistani cricket just like chucking, ball-tampering and spot-fixing!

oronnya
March 24, 2012, 12:35 PM
I haven't seen that incident closely so don't want to comment right now,
Nadim Koi? oi part ta youtube e charo ar ekhane share koro . :waiting: ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taZ7-dT7cV4&feature=plcp&context=C412519bVDvjVQa1PpcFP4LaChOAkJ966c9WuqlEDv ezi5mn4llQw=

simon
March 24, 2012, 12:35 PM
There is no point of trying to reverse the result . Pakistan won and we lost . But i support the idea of complaining bcoz if it is the Umpire's fault then those umpires who gives decision based on the Team's reputation need to get some punishment.

Thik bolcho

simon
March 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
eita ar Rashid Latif er choraami duita milaya Asia cup ta chiniye nei. :p

mafizraju
March 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard. I think it has more to do with BCB-PCB politics than the game itself and marks a new low both on how BCB officials do businesss and in relationships between two boards. I don't buy that this is a simple bad umpiring issue. If that were the case, BCB would have arranged for UDRS given our experience with the umpiring.

This is Cheap and Backdoor !!!

sufism
March 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
I find this modesty from BC members slightly amusing. This cheating is part of cricket? I guess it's part of Pakistani cricket just like chucking, ball-tampering and spot-fixing!

Ichha kore English-e bolchi na......

Apni ki eta dekhechen j 2 ta descision amamder pokke geche?? ekta to khubi crucial (U. Akmal) chilo. Eita na hole oder run aro beshi howar chance chilo...

So be fair!! whining never helps........I would rather lose a match but not honor.......

Moreover, we should grow out of this stupid generalizing and name calling..........."Pak player ra eirokom" "Indian media oirokom" "Indian fan ra arrogant" and so on.....

enuf of these......

dash
March 24, 2012, 01:01 PM
well i think the ump gave cheema official warning and i dont know whether the penalty of 5 run is imposed with the first warning or it needs a second warning....can someone elaborate...

samira
March 24, 2012, 01:01 PM
I personally think this is petty. This undermines the valiant effort put in by the tigers.

Wrong move, they should let this one go. This is what happens when BCB is run by a bunch of incompetent politicians.

Khaaan!!!!
March 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
lolzz cry babies

itduzz
March 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
And What about Mashrafe Mortaza, he too deliberately got in the way of Afridi when he was running. Atleast he wasn't complaining, instead he gave him a smile and told him not to do it again. Oh yeah! and the next bowl went for a massive six.

Difference between large hearted people & cry babies

Murad
March 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
Forget about Cheema incident. I will blame Mahmudullah for his stupidity and poor Cricket knowledge !
Why he took 3 runs to give Razzak to face ? Normally recognized batsman face most of the delivery covering tail enders. I give credit to the Pakistan Keeper for intentional overthrow to provoke Mahmudullah to take that 3rd run .

Pakistan oi shomoi iccha korei extra run diyeche jate Riyad strike e na thake. But she bujhenai. hadaram ekta!

Samurai_Ali
March 24, 2012, 01:17 PM
BCB cannot be serious!

Firstly I don't think there was ever a second run. Secondly Aizaz didn't do it on purpose. Thirdly, something similar happened when Afridi was batting.

After BD performance was appreciated all over the world especially in Pakistan, this whole thing leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

Navo
March 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
Most of us think it is stupid too Samurai Ali. Hopefully nothing comes of it. There's no point.

Purbasha T
March 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
Lol when there's a need for voicing your concerns, BCB stays shut. And now when there's no need, they come out from hibernation!!

From what I can see of the highlights, it looks accidental.

Nadim
March 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
Bangladesh could become the new Asian champions should the Bangladesh Cricket Board win an appeal they decided to lodge regarding the incident where Aizaz Cheema of Pakistan was seen deliberately blocking Mahmudullah from taking a second run in Thursday’s Asia Cup final.
The cricket operations committee of the BCB on Saturday decided to appeal to the ACC, which if granted, will earn Bangladesh five runs as penalty, enough for the Tigers to be declared as winners of the game.
Cheema blocked Mahmudullah when the batsman was attempting a second run in the first ball of the final over. It not only denied Bangladesh a crucial run, but also denied Mahmudullah, the last recognised batsman, the strike.
Bangladesh, who lost the game agonisingly by two runs, could collect only six runs from the over while they needed nine to win the game and the tournament.
‘We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Mahmudullah deliberately,’ said Enayet Hossain Siraj, chairman of the cricket operations committee.
‘As per rules, we should have been awarded five runs as penalty and the ball should have been declared dead. We have seen umpire [Ian Gould] warning Cheema, but it is unclear to us why he did not declare it as dead-ball and award us the runs.’
‘We will lodge a written appeal to the ACC very soon and will also give a copy to the ICC,’ he said.

http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-03-25&nid=5067

Ajfar
Wow this is so lame. Up till now even though we lost people agreed that we lost with our head high, but now this just makes us look like sore losers.

zsayeed
This was a beautiful game. And now BCB is tarnishing it. It already has been tarnished by this I am afraid. I am Sad, very sad. :(

22Yards
March 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
They cant be serious. What they trying to achieve really ? revert the final result ? How .. just how stupid can you be ? There is a dignity in losing the way we lost but no dignity in whining like this after the match is over 2 days ago. You can never fight it out when the enemy lies within yourself is one thing I learned. The enemy is our system undoing every bit of progress, every bit of reputation, every bit of reason to be proud of with their stupidity. Shame.

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 01:37 PM
Can I get a Shakib-facepalm icon! Jesus! These guys are more butt hurt than the players! I hope the players have moved on. This is nothing but childish.

simon
March 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Lol when there's a need for voicing your concerns, BCB stays shut. And now when there's no need, they come out from hibernation!!

but from Ian Goulds expression he looked like he was not happy with Cheema at all.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 01:47 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/t1.jpg
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/t2.jpg
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/t3.jpg

It was a beautiful game. At the moment we heard nothing. Now people will only remember it as a tarnished final. Please don't file the complaint! But the news has already been gazetted!

zinatf
March 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
eita kemon kotha.....championship shesh 2 dino hoye gese....ekhon abar kisher appeal.....ei bcb je kara chalai :facepalm:

akabir77
March 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
BCB u r making us looking bad just to say we won? Idiots we already won now we becoming losers. What else u can expect from such idiots like tutul and co

sufism
March 24, 2012, 01:53 PM

Could not have said it better....It will not only ruin the glory also earn us a bad name......

can they ever do something sensible??? God save BD cricket from these morons!!

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Reports are saying Bangladesh? They should say BCB, it's not Bangladesh who is doing this, it's the dumb BCB!

Also even if that run was taken, we are STILL 2 runs short Riyad could've been bowled on the next ball. Clearly shows how much BCB knows about cricket.

And lets say it is reverse (I hope not), how would Rahim feel lifting the trophy? Clearly they didn't think this through.

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
Kamal to Manager: I'm the ACC president so... ;)
Manager: ohh! ;) *gets his iPhone out and txts to Kamal.*

Murad
March 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Willow says BD won by 2 runs.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1348&d=1332615397

Habib
March 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Jokhon umpire ra eker por ek baje decision dey amader bipokkhe tokhon BCB er eysob protibad/protikar koi thake? UDRS porjonto era arrange kore na. Ekhon khub protibad dekhacchen unara.

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 01:58 PM
Law 37 of the rules of cricket sanctions a strict penalty for the fielding team if a fielder is found by the umpire to deliberately obstruct a batsman while attempting a run. Neither batsman can be dismissed (if a run-out has taken place), five penalty runs are awarded to the batting side, the delivery will not count as one in the over, the run will count even if the batsmen haven't crossed and the batsmen can choose which of them faces the next delivery. Whether or not there was intent behind the collision is for the umpire to determine; in this case, after the players had collided, the umpire Steve Davis was seen having a word with both players. The delivery yielded a single. (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/558627.html)

sufism
All we fans can do is bang our head on the wall......

NoName
Hope this fails, its going to leave a bitter taste otherwise.

Murad
March 24, 2012, 02:00 PM
Bangladesh says it will seek review of final-over collision

Now this is a better title.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/558627.html

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
Law 37 of the rules of cricket sanctions a strict penalty for the fielding team if a fielder is found by the umpire to deliberately obstruct a batsman while attempting a run. Neither batsman can be dismissed (if a run-out has taken place), five penalty runs are awarded to the batting side, the delivery will not count as one in the over, the run will count even if the batsmen haven't crossed and the batsmen can choose which of them faces the next delivery. Whether or not there was intent behind the collision is for the umpire to determine; in this case, after the players had collided, the umpire Steve Davis was seen having a word with both players. The delivery yielded a single. (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/558627.html)

Nice. But law of the game says lot of things. If something should've been done, it should've then. Too late now. It will only spoil all the great things we've achieved in last couple of weeks.

zinatf
March 24, 2012, 02:01 PM

Then why didn't do it ON THE MATCH DAY ITSELF? Why unnecessarily now?!

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
I think there is some politics behind it, Zaka, Kamal, PCB tour on, PCB tour off, Kamal says yes, Kamal gets scared, threatening to take out Pakistan players of BD Leauges....now this is Kamal's stupid play. Which I believe has gone too far.

Navo
March 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
^^ Kichu korar nai to, haat chulkai. I hope some common sense kicks in from somewhere - Akram Khan, the players, whoever.

TigerEz
March 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
faltu...azayra....there goes the respect we earned

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 02:04 PM

Are you asking me?

zinatf
March 24, 2012, 02:04 PM
Uff ki je hobe ei BCB-er....it's high time we get a new head for BCB!!!

zinatf
March 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
Nope zsayeed bhai not you. BCB :facepalm:

Navo
March 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
I am not on Facebook anymore, so I can't comment but can someone comment on the Cricinfo thread as a Bangladesh fan and say that we apologise to the international audience for such a poorly thought through decision from our Board and that we hope that such an appeal is not actually sent. We don't wish to mar the amicable relations we've built with other countries lately.

samira
March 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
Folks, can we fans do something about it? Sign a petition or something? Write to newspapers?

This is so frustrating!

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 02:07 PM
^ You don't have to have Facebook to comment on CI. Just sign up over there.

Habib
March 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
If Rabeed Imam was still in BCB, we could've send our message through him. Sigh.

AsifTheManRahman
March 24, 2012, 02:13 PM

Yeah. If Cheema is found guilty, then I hope he and/or Misbah is penalized, but it's too late to reverse the outcome of the game and I hope they don't do so because it's pointless really. Short of watching the umpire have a chat with Cheema, I don't remember that delivery much. Could very well have been accidental, who knows.

As for the Mashrafe/Afridi incident, it didn't look intentional.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

roman
March 24, 2012, 02:14 PM
What a shame. Seriously BCB?

Navo
March 24, 2012, 02:17 PM
OK, I just posted. Let's see if they publish it after their 'moderation'

Murad
March 24, 2012, 02:18 PM
If it was really intentional then they should file a complaint.

Hoito dekhte/shunte bhalo lagbena but they should fight for justice.

samira
March 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
This has been the story of our lives. We have 'representatives' who don't represent us or what we stand for in any shape, size or form.

sufism
March 24, 2012, 02:20 PM
and in the process make a mockery of BD cricket and the fans..........

sufism
March 24, 2012, 02:22 PM

and in the process make a mockery of BD cricket and the fans..........

Habib
March 24, 2012, 02:26 PM

Match referee didn't say anything did he? Even if we get the Asia cup now what will it prove? Khamakha. I'm sure BCB is doing it just to get back at PCB. Childish.

Rifat H
March 24, 2012, 02:36 PM
WTF at first i thought BCB was complaining against Umpire's role in that decision .And i thought it was ok bcoz i am so pissed off with bad umpiring against us . But now it seemed to be BCB is appealing to reverse the result !!!!!!

Please dont do it BCB for god's sake . I was proud reading every comment by the Pakistanis when they were saying we were the real winner . I will feel insulted 10 times more when the same pakistanis will say we are big losers .

crikss
March 24, 2012, 02:38 PM
wtf is this...during match nothing happened...now trying to make fun out of Bangladesh...this is embarrassing

sufism
March 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
^^^^^

well what else do you expect??

We have professional clowns running the board........

ialbd
March 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
Cheema might have been guilty from what we saw.... but in no wayyy can support this action by BCB. At max they can ask ICC to review this and ask for disciplinary actions against Cheema (if he is to be found guilty by them) but this subtracting 5 runs or changing the result is garbage and outrageous ..... eita ki para mohollar cricket tournament naki....

this is becoming a joke and will only take the glory out of our achievements of the tourney. For the sake of Allah plz think again BCB... dont do this.

the result wont be changing thats guaranteed, but we lose face thats guaranteed....

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 03:02 PM
Think Think Think Before You Go Public.
http://www.ipl2012livescore.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Playup-launch-social-game-Cricket-umpire.png
Before YOU Play With Our Image.

Miraz
March 24, 2012, 03:04 PM
Looks like we have decided to severe ties with Pakistan. The tour is off and now this. I am sure BCB received support from another board which prompted them to lodge a complaint with ICC.

akabir77
March 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
Bhitor ker khobor. They just lodge the complain but not going to lobi for a out come or change of the result. But will except the ump punishment.

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/kamal-1.jpg

orginial (http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/538055.html)

sufism
March 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Bhitor ker khobor. They just lodge the complain but not going to lobi for a out come or change of the result. But will except the ump punishment.

Bhai, amra ki kono bhabe BOLOD gula re message patai te pari??

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 03:24 PM

Punishing the Umpire?
Or Umpire's Punishment of Bowler?

Khaaan!!!!
March 24, 2012, 03:29 PM

Exactly!!!!! Pakistan should get extra 5 runs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90warn_iM18&feature=player_embedded

dash
March 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
what did the ump had in his report if he thought the batsman was intentionally obstructed by the bowler (that was the reaction of the ump in the video where he was shaking his head in displeasure) in that case we should have got the penalty and mullah should have appealed more strongly at that time) but it all looks silly and makes us a bad looser after 2 days......i think all the appeal hoopla is all due to pcb-bcb politics where zaka ashraf has been going on with his threats "if we dont tour pak........regarding all the hearts and blah blah it doesn't mean much as the dagger will be out with the next possible opportunity.....but we should act sportingly and with some grace..

Shaan
March 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
I don't understand what BCB is really trying to get from here ?

idrinkh2O
March 24, 2012, 03:43 PM
BCB should let it go. We need to move on. If for anything, BCB should complain to ICC about various umpires' questionable decisions agains us or any lower-rank teams when we play ODIs and Tests with the big teams. আজাইরা...

BangladeshFan
March 24, 2012, 03:50 PM
to be honest, there wasnt two runs in it and the throw came sharp at the keeper, if mahmudullah did run through for a 2, he would have been run out. doesnt look like mahmudullah would have run for a 2 anyway. besides the bowler didnt deliberately obstruct in this case i think, he just got himself in the way of the batsman. looks all fair to me.

Boomerang
I think the better solution is to have a rematch. When there is a confusion always start from the first.:shakibsmile: jokes apart i guess it is bit too late bcb should have raised this before the cup was lifted. Now even if we get this we won't have that much appreciation because we mentally accepted our defeat through difficult time. :shakibserious:

Rifat H
OK, I just posted. Let's see if they publish it after their 'moderation'

CI has published my comment . We all should protest against this nonsense act !! We are losing all respect we gained during last two weeks !!:shakibserious:

Shaan
March 24, 2012, 03:53 PM

to be honest, there wasnt two runs in it and the throw came sharp at the keeper, if mahmudullah did run through for a 2, he would have been run out. doesnt look like mahmudullah would have run for a 2 anyway. besides the bowler didnt deliberately obstruct in this case i think, he just got himself in the way of the batsman. looks all fair to me.
yes the incident was quite identical to Mashrfee one too earlier in the Pakistanis innings as Khaaan provided link above, so why making so much noise about this? can't understand :shakibscream:

shakirshuvo
March 24, 2012, 04:12 PM
BCB and some Bangladehis here are making us Bangladeshis look like sore losers. It was umpire's decision. Get over it! Some people are being really immatured. This kind of sissy attitude will not help our cause.

mij
March 24, 2012, 04:47 PM
BCB and some Bangladehis here are making us Bangladeshis look like sore losers. It was umpire's decision. Get over it! Some people are being really immatured. This kind of sissy attitude will not help our cause.

True, just move on. Even if we do get the result on our favour, is it same as winning the match on the field? This win will have zero value.

BagherBacha
March 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
Looks like we have decided to severe ties with Pakistan. The tour is off and now this. I am sure BCB received support from another board which prompted them to lodge a complaint with ICC.

Ditto. my comments never posted in cricinfo today since i wrote about Bodna Kamal. I believe another board is behind Boda

napoleonIV
March 24, 2012, 05:43 PM
As a die-hard Bangladeshi fan, I find this whole complain thing downright rubbish if not in poor taste.

Tiger-ess
March 24, 2012, 07:08 PM

Why must always suck up to BCCI in ways that are beyond my understanding..

Zunaid
March 24, 2012, 07:12 PM

Yup. I give you 5 runs. You give me 5 runs. We forget about the whole thing and move on.

Is Kamal really that stupid or worse?

akabir77
March 24, 2012, 07:33 PM

One difference I can see is the ball was thrown at mash es end and he was supposed to back it up. But what chemo did was blunt cheating as he did not need to stand in the line that way. Either he could go and stand behind the wicket or in front. In both cases he should have been clear of mahmudullahs way. While saying this I dont agree with bcb. But saying mash's incident is same as the chema's one is not correct

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 07:42 PM
Forget whether Chema's bump was intentional or unintentional, but Mashrafe's one is clearly not deliberate. What was he suppose to do lay down a red carpet for Afridi? He moved himself in line with the throw even before Afridi was taking off for the 2nd. It's not like he moved when he saw Afridi running on that line. The whole thing happened because Afridi didn't see him move. So he bumped into him. Which happens all the time.

TigerEz
March 24, 2012, 08:10 PM
exactly bro @dilscoop.

y do this BCB? y? total B.S

LeeXU
March 24, 2012, 09:08 PM
I think BCB should look into other matters than raising it as an issue, especially arranging more cricket for the team in next six months. This is part of the game, and we must rely on umpire on the filed ( same like referee in soccer). So many things happen in the field ( in any game) and umpire, referees are human being. When the game is over we should forget it. Yes, we can make complain to get fair judgement next time, but reversing the result? sorry, i would not support it, although I am a dedicated BD fan.

zinatf
March 24, 2012, 10:09 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_03_25/content_zoom/2012_03_25_18_7_b.jpg

rinathq
March 24, 2012, 10:27 PM
According to Pilots FB status, Bangladesh will be awarded 5 runs........ and as a result the Asia cup

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 10:30 PM
According to Pilots FB status, Bangladesh will be awarded 5 runs........ and as a result the Asia cup

That sucks! We will look like clowns, and all the player's hard work ruined.
Respect is more important. Will the cricketing nations look down on us?

zinatf
March 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
Dhuro....all these recognitions...all these love.....uff BCB....Lotus kamal 1000 times :facepalm:

zsayeed
March 24, 2012, 10:36 PM
Shobar Uporey Khela Shotto - Tahar Uporey Nai!

Rubbish move. Bangladesh Cricket Shame Shame!

Look for the good of the game - above your Egos!

sufism
March 24, 2012, 10:39 PM
It is good to know that 90% BC members feel alike........

Can we make poll...........and send a message to the clowns running BCB??

sufism
March 24, 2012, 10:41 PM
Also please........people..we all should protest on cricinfo...

Jadukor
March 24, 2012, 10:44 PM
this is ridiculous.... why not buy a trophy from sports zone and call it Asia Cup because that's all it will be worth to the world.

sufism
March 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
I feel like pulling out my hair..

eder mathay ki gobor-o nai??

eto embarrassment r kobe hoise mone nai........

playmaker
March 24, 2012, 11:00 PM
unncecessary

the cup already went to Pakistan, they deserved it. we didnt because of slow batting.

let it go, but good job that complain was sent

Night_wolf
March 24, 2012, 11:17 PM
wait...they are appealing for 5 runs??

i thought they were appealing for some punishment on cheema a ban or fine or something

what would those 5 runs bring?..it cant bring back the finals night,it cant bring back the joy of winning...only thing it'll give is a stupid mention in the asia cup honour board

kamal you are a #$%&

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 11:35 PM
Respect > kup.

shakibrulz
March 24, 2012, 11:46 PM
What a bunch of clueless morons.

They do realize that this just helps them look like a bunch of crybabies and would have absolutely no effect on the result right? Do they even think before making such dumb decisions?

BD team earned a lot of respect for the fightback, now that goes down the drain.

NoName
March 24, 2012, 11:47 PM
Have the players said anything about this?

Dilscoop
March 24, 2012, 11:49 PM
^ Mushy should come out and apologize on behalf of Moron Kamal.

rinathq
March 25, 2012, 12:15 AM
Guys give it a break
if it was India losing instead of Bangladesh, imagine the drama they would create regarding this whole issue......

I know its kinda cheap but than, It wouldnt be cheap if other boards appeal, so why should we care? Just because the Pakistanis showed us some respect doesnt mean we ignore this completely...

If we lose respect due to our boards raising an issue, than I dont think they ever honestly respected us.

But I hope they dont stretch it...... they should concentrate on more Performance programs, conditional camps and most importantly international tours.

Just to be clear, I am not in favor of this move by BCB. But I think its fair in todays world.

Murad
March 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
Guys give it a break
if it was India losing instead of Bangladesh, imagine the drama they would create regarding this whole issue......

I know its kinda cheap but than, It wouldnt be cheap if other boards appeal, so why should we care? Just because the Pakistanis showed us some respect doesnt mean we ignore this completely...

If we lose respect due to our boards raising an issue, than I dont think they ever honestly respected us.

But I hope they dont stretch it...... they should concentrate on more Performance programs, conditional camps and most importantly international tours.

Just to be clear, I am not in favor of this move by BCB. But I think its fair in todays world.
:up: :up:
Spot on!

sufism
March 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
Guys give it a break

I do not think you get the point my friend!!

It's not about Pakistanis respecting or disrespecting us....

It's about dignity and honor and the appreciation we received from all over the world.

Besides, there was not a second run...........why make a big deal out of nothing and tarnish the glory of the match.....

Just sounds like whining and smells like sour grapes

mar umpire
March 25, 2012, 01:00 AM
One difference I can see is the ball was thrown at mash es end and he was supposed to back it up. But what chemo did was blunt cheating as he did not need to stand in the line that way. Either he could go and stand behind the wicket or in front. In both cases he should have been clear of mahmudullahs way. While saying this I dont agree with bcb. But saying mash's incident is same as the chema's one is not correct
lol at the "Chemo" ; know it's a typo but it looked funny-makes him sound like he's associated with some malignancy and leaves you nauseous and retching along with no hair

I have to agree that this is pretty stupid-there is no point in complaining, things went against pakistan as well as us, at the end of the day we had that genius shahadat who missed the run out of Cheema or as above (I'm only joking) Chemo as well as bowling 2 no-balls and giving 19 runs.

At the end of the day Pakistan was just slightly better-congratulations to them. If we were told bangladesh would lose the final by 2 runs prior to the asia cup, i'd have taken that easy. We put up a great performance, let's not spoil it with idiots trying to score political points.

rinathq
March 25, 2012, 01:07 AM

It's about dignity and honor and the appreciation we received from all over the world.

Besides, there was not a second run...........why make a big deal out of nothing and tarnish the glory of the match.....

No calls it whining and India claims our win against Sri Lanka being fixed....
There is no loss of dignity and honor by raising an issue. BCB should ask them to investigate not for the sake of changing the result or winner but so that is it indeed was intentional, than prevent it from happening again because this can change the outcome of the game.

bujhee kom
March 25, 2012, 02:12 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dedcXqzPdxo/TVE9ADz4gsI/AAAAAAAAB_M/07UrTzuGJ3o/s1600/hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool_a-funny-motivational-posters-76-.jpg

BANFAN
March 25, 2012, 02:48 AM

Agree to the notion.

No point crying about it now....we gain nothing from it... Might just lose something in the process. Let over it BCB

BANFAN
March 25, 2012, 02:50 AM
A complain against poor umpiring In the tournament could have made much better sense for our future matches....

cricket_king
March 25, 2012, 04:11 AM
Well this is just stupid. Silly time to bring up, too. Should've made a fuss during the game.

cricket_king
March 25, 2012, 04:26 AM
Although I don't quite agree with the timing of this "complaint", I strongly disagree with suggestions that we, as Bangladeshis, should apologise to the cricket world for BCB's decisions. Grow a backbone, seriously. I thought the "Suck up to foreigners" mentality among Bangladeshis was beginning to disappear, but obviously this putrid virus is still going around.

Jonas
March 25, 2012, 04:29 AM
Although I don't quite agree with the timing of this "complaint", I strongly disagree with suggestions that we, as Bangladeshis, should apologise to the cricket world for BCB's decisions. Grow a backbone, seriously. I thought the "Suck up to foreigners" mentality among Bangladeshis was beginning to disappear, but obviously this putrid virus is still going around.

+10000. It's funny how desperate we are for even the slightest praise from the Pakistani players/fans.

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 04:55 AM
+10000. It's funny how desperate we are for even the slightest praise from the Pakistani players/fans.

It's more about the humiliation than losing respect (at least that's how it is for me). I don't care if Pakistanis or other countries lose all the "respect" all of a sudden, can't blame them. But with this action BCB is bringing embarrassment to the team, discrediting players' hard work. They are making them look like bunch of crybabies when clearly BD is a hard working team and they have earned everything they've achieved in this cup. They are not begging for anything.

BCB/Kamal does nothing but harm the team. He started all that selection fuss before the series, but team came together and performed to their potential. Now he is creating more fuss. I asked Rahim to "apologize" so people know it's Kamal and not the team.

Isnaad
March 25, 2012, 08:36 AM
Dilemma at its best (worst)

sufism
March 25, 2012, 10:54 AM

That is a stupid suggestion. Where did you find that?? At least I did not see it anywhere. Please provide reference if you are not making assumption.

sufism
March 25, 2012, 11:04 AM

It appears that the only person obsessed with Pakistan, Pakistani players/fans is you. You mentioned this in your earlier posts. Fact is it is never about Pakistanis, Indian or Chinese fans. It is about losing of glory, disrespecting our players.

Please understand majority view points before writing something with sweeping generalization. I would like you to go through all the 130+ posts in this thread and see how many members are worried about "Pakistani" fans.

shuziburo
March 25, 2012, 11:12 AM
Yup. I give you 5 runs. You give me 5 runs. We forget about the whole thing and move on.

Is Kamal really that stupid or worse?

Either worse or something else might be going behind the scene.

shuziburo
March 25, 2012, 11:16 AM
Common sense is not that common, especially at BCB.

If such a complaint was to be lodged, it should have happened in the field. If BCB were to complain, it should have been against the player and not to reverse the result. What a stupidiotic move!!!

TigerEz
March 25, 2012, 01:01 PM
Ya its true that BCB has appealed against umpires 1 particular decision in final. Which if have went in our fever we could have won the match. But the reason for appealing is not that BCB want to reverse the decision , the reason is BCB want to inform ICC that this kind of incedents is happening regularly against us. I will give Shakib Al Hasans out in first match against india as example for this kind of unfair decisions. So BCB want these things not to happen anymore against us and effect our match result in future. As a result BCB has officially complained for these wrong decisions although their is no chance of changing the champions of the asia cup.
Now if any pakistani fan take it otherway we cant do anything to satisfy he/she.

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 01:29 PM
That is a stupid suggestion. Where did you find that?? At least I did not see it anywhere. Please provide reference if you are not making assumption.

I believe he is talking about my post where I said Rahum should come out and apologize for kamal's stupidity. And I cleared it up. I meant "apologize " as in how when you elderly, parents, grand parents do dumb things and you have to apologize on their be half so you don't end looking stupid or embarrassed.

Shaan
March 25, 2012, 02:55 PM
amar keno jani mone sondeho hoitasilo tole tole kisu ekta gotse, tanahole oi loitta PCB re eivabe pison theke churi mere bosbe keno ?

বাংলাদেশকে আমন্ত্রণ জানানোর নিশ্চয়তা দিয়েছে বিসিসিআই ॥ মোস্তফা কামাল
স্পোর্টস রিপোর্টার ॥ ১৯৯৮ সালের ২৫ মে হতে বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দল ২৪৪ ওয়ানডে খেলেছে। কিন্তু এ ১৪ বছরে সব দেশ সফর করলেও ভারতে কোন ম্যাচ খেলেনি। এর কারণ হিসেবে ভারতীয় ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিসিআই) বলেছে, বাংলাদেশ দলের ভারত সফর অলাভজনক বিধায় তারা এ ব্যাপারে উৎসাহী নয়। কিন্তু পরিস্থিতি পাল্টেছে। সদ্য সমাপ্ত এশিয়া কাপে বাংলাদেশ শুধু বিশ্বচ্যাম্পিয়ন ভারত আর রানার্সআপ শ্রীলঙ্কাকেই হারায়নি বরং পাকিস্তানের বিরুদ্ধে ফাইনাল খেলে রানার্সআপ হয়েছে তীব্র প্রতিদ্বন্দিতা করে। এবার বিসিসিআই আগ্রহী হয়ে উঠেছে বাংলাদেশকে তাদের দেশে আমন্ত্রণ জানানোর জন্য। ১৯৮৮ সালের অক্টোবর থেকে আজ পর্যন্ত দু’দল ২৫ ম্যাচ মোকাবেলা করলেও মাত্র ৩টি আয়োজিত হয়েছে ভারতে যার মধ্যে সর্বশেষ ম্যাচটি হয় ১৯৯৮ সালের মে মাসে। আর টেস্ট ক্রিকেটের ক্ষেত্রে আরও নাজুক এ পরিসংখ্যানটা। ১২ বছর ধরে বাংলাদেশের খেলা ৭৩ টেস্টের ভেতর মাত্র ৭টি ভারতের বিরুদ্ধে হলেও ভারতের মাটিতে খেলেনি একটিও। তবে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) সর্বদাই বলে এসেছে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের জন্য বিসিসিআই সুপরামর্শক। এবার বিসিবি এ বিষয়ে অনেক বেশি রসদ পেয়েছে বিসিসিআইকে অবিলম্বে ক্রিকেট সিরিজ আয়োজন করার ক্ষেত্রে চাপপ্রয়োগের। বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল বিসিসিআই প্রধান এন শ্রীনিবাসনকে অবিরতই চাপপ্রয়োগ করে আসছেন একটি দ্বিপাক্ষিক সিরিজ আয়োজনের। মোস্তফা কামাল বলেন, ‘শ্রীনিবাসন নিশ্চয়তা দিয়েছেন তিনি অতিশীঘ্রই একটি সম্ভাব্য তারিখ জানাবেন। ভারত সফর অবিলম্বেই হওয়ার বিষয়ে আমি অনেক বেশি ইতিবাচকতা দেখতে পাচ্ছি।’ মোস্তফা কামাল জানিয়েছেন, এর আগে বিসিসিআই প্রধান শশাঙ্ক মনোহরকে বার বার বলা সত্ত্বেও শেষপর্যন্ত সেটা আলোর মুখ দেখেনি। তিনি বলেন, ‘আমাদের কাউকে কেউ দোষ দিতে পারবে না। যদি ভারতীয় দল বাংলাদেশে আসে সে ক্ষেত্রে অবশ্যই সেটা বাংলাদেশের রাজস্ব অর্জনের জন্য দারুণ প্রভাবক হিসেবে কাজ করে। ভারতকে দোষ দেয়ার কিছু নেই। কিন্তু এখন সময় বদলে গেছে। আমরা এখন অর্থনৈতিকভাবেই লাভজনক অবস্থায় আছি এবং আমাদের ভারত সফরে যাওয়া উচিত। ভারত আমাদের শুরু থেকেই সমর্থন দিয়ে আসছে এবং তারা এ দেশের ক্রিকেটের উন্নয়নের জন্য সহায়তাও দিয়ে আসছে। বর্তমানে সকল বাংলাদেশী আগ্রহ নিয়ে তাকিয়ে আছে তারা আমাদের আমন্ত্রণ জানাবে।’

Source: http://www.dailyjanakantha.com/news_view.php?nc=11&dd=2012-03-26&ni=91133

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 03:00 PM
^ Does that say BCCI? Well, I read in other forums where they were joking around how BCCI might have a hand in this. lol

sufism
March 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
amar keno jani mone sondeho hoitasilo tole tole kisu ekta gotse, tanahole oi loitta PCB re eivabe pison theke churi mere bosbe keno ?

বাংলাদেশকে আমন্ত্রণ জানানোর নিশ্চয়তা দিয়েছে বিসিসিআই ॥ মোস্তফা কামাল
স্পোর্টস রিপোর্টার ॥ ১৯৯৮ সালের ২৫ মে হতে বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দল ২৪৪ ওয়ানডে খেলেছে। কিন্তু এ ১৪ বছরে সব দেশ সফর করলেও ভারতে কোন ম্যাচ খেলেনি। এর কারণ হিসেবে ভারতীয় ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিসিআই) বলেছে, বাংলাদেশ দলের ভারত সফর অলাভজনক বিধায় তারা এ ব্যাপারে উৎসাহী নয়। কিন্তু পরিস্থিতি পাল্টেছে। সদ্য সমাপ্ত এশিয়া কাপে বাংলাদেশ শুধু বিশ্বচ্যাম্পিয়ন ভারত আর রানার্সআপ শ্রীলঙ্কাকেই হারায়নি বরং পাকিস্তানের বিরুদ্ধে ফাইনাল খেলে রানার্সআপ হয়েছে তীব্র প্রতিদ্বন্দিতা করে। এবার বিসিসিআই আগ্রহী হয়ে উঠেছে বাংলাদেশকে তাদের দেশে আমন্ত্রণ জানানোর জন্য। ১৯৮৮ সালের অক্টোবর থেকে আজ পর্যন্ত দু’দল ২৫ ম্যাচ মোকাবেলা করলেও মাত্র ৩টি আয়োজিত হয়েছে ভারতে যার মধ্যে সর্বশেষ ম্যাচটি হয় ১৯৯৮ সালের মে মাসে। আর টেস্ট ক্রিকেটের ক্ষেত্রে আরও নাজুক এ পরিসংখ্যানটা। ১২ বছর ধরে বাংলাদেশের খেলা ৭৩ টেস্টের ভেতর মাত্র ৭টি ভারতের বিরুদ্ধে হলেও ভারতের মাটিতে খেলেনি একটিও। তবে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) সর্বদাই বলে এসেছে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের জন্য বিসিসিআই সুপরামর্শক। এবার বিসিবি এ বিষয়ে অনেক বেশি রসদ পেয়েছে বিসিসিআইকে অবিলম্বে ক্রিকেট সিরিজ আয়োজন করার ক্ষেত্রে চাপপ্রয়োগের। বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল বিসিসিআই প্রধান এন শ্রীনিবাসনকে অবিরতই চাপপ্রয়োগ করে আসছেন একটি দ্বিপাক্ষিক সিরিজ আয়োজনের। মোস্তফা কামাল বলেন, ‘শ্রীনিবাসন নিশ্চয়তা দিয়েছেন তিনি অতিশীঘ্রই একটি সম্ভাব্য তারিখ জানাবেন। ভারত সফর অবিলম্বেই হওয়ার বিষয়ে আমি অনেক বেশি ইতিবাচকতা দেখতে পাচ্ছি।’ মোস্তফা কামাল জানিয়েছেন, এর আগে বিসিসিআই প্রধান শশাঙ্ক মনোহরকে বার বার বলা সত্ত্বেও শেষপর্যন্ত সেটা আলোর মুখ দেখেনি। তিনি বলেন, ‘আমাদের কাউকে কেউ দোষ দিতে পারবে না। যদি ভারতীয় দল বাংলাদেশে আসে সে ক্ষেত্রে অবশ্যই সেটা বাংলাদেশের রাজস্ব অর্জনের জন্য দারুণ প্রভাবক হিসেবে কাজ করে। ভারতকে দোষ দেয়ার কিছু নেই। কিন্তু এখন সময় বদলে গেছে। আমরা এখন অর্থনৈতিকভাবেই লাভজনক অবস্থায় আছি এবং আমাদের ভারত সফরে যাওয়া উচিত। ভারত আমাদের শুরু থেকেই সমর্থন দিয়ে আসছে এবং তারা এ দেশের ক্রিকেটের উন্নয়নের জন্য সহায়তাও দিয়ে আসছে। বর্তমানে সকল বাংলাদেশী আগ্রহ নিয়ে তাকিয়ে আছে তারা আমাদের আমন্ত্রণ জানাবে।’

Source: http://www.dailyjanakantha.com/news_view.php?nc=11&dd=2012-03-26&ni=91133

Shaan bhai, I see where you are going with this.

Amader conspiracy na khojai bhalo....we should thank BCCI if the news is true.

Pak tour should never have been considered. Too risky. Oita batil howar pichone karo hath thakte pare...kintu final match niye stupid complaint file korar pichone karo hath nai.....eta amade gyani guni BCB korta der kirti...

BD cricket-er bhalor jonno amader jodi BCCI-er kotha shunte hoy tobe shunlam. Khoti ki?

TIKBoss
March 25, 2012, 03:57 PM
bcb are total losers.. where the hell were they when so many umpiring decisions go against us? it happened even in asia cup but they are not complaining about that.. even though thats a legitimate reason to complain but they never have the guts to do so.. now they are making a stupid complain

Nasif
March 25, 2012, 04:09 PM
Pilot supports BCB move. From facebook:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/371024_100001707302738_1437659778_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001707302738)

Khaled Mashud Pilot (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001707302738)

A bit late but still, it’s a correct approach by BCB to write officially to ACC and ICC about the last over incident which took place in the final. It’s quite clear that the collision was made deliberately by that Pak bowler, and if that didn’t happen, the result could have been different. And we don’t need to be bothered about how Pak board or their fans react on this matter. I think BCB should move on with it even if it affects the relation between the two cricketing nations. It’s about honesty and fairness, and that’s what should get more value than anything else.

Thus, I urge all the fans of Bangladesh cricket to support BCB on this. If we can prove the matter, we might get the trophy back

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
^ Wrong. That's not how I wanna earn my trophy. I can't picture Rahim and the boys lifting that like that. uh-uhh! No way.

All these oldies never won anything so they are craving for this. I have faith in the current team to win 100 more trophies, forget about this kup. This is just ruining their momentum and hunger. I want them to stay hungry not satisfied.

zinatf
March 25, 2012, 05:02 PM
The thing that we all feared is taking place....Thanks BCB!

http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_03_26/content_zoom/2012_03_26_22_9_b.jpg

sufism
March 25, 2012, 05:13 PM
Mullah asked about the incident on Prothom alo.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-03-26/news/235566

I am not worried about how PCB reacts or Pakistan fans feel. There was no second run. Period.

Read what Mullah said. If he thought it could have changed the outcome, he definitely would have said it.

The whole thing is embarrassing.....really.

TIKBoss
March 25, 2012, 05:30 PM
what is the point even if they take trophy from pak and give it to us?? will that erase all the memories of the final? seriously i would rather not have a trophy instead of being given the trophy like this.. its not the cup that matters.. our boys played so well and earned everyone's respect including the oppositions.. now bcb is just being retarded.

Murad
March 25, 2012, 06:10 PM
Mullah asked about the incident on Prothom alo.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-03-26/news/235566

I am not worried about how PCB reacts or Pakistan fans feel. There was no second run. Period.

Read what Mullah said. If he thought it could have changed the outcome, he definitely would have said it.

The whole thing is embarrassing.....really.

[বাংলা] আইজাজ চিমা ইচ্ছাকৃতভাবে আপনাকে বাধা দিয়েছেন বলে অভিযোগ করেছে বিসিবি। তা-ই যদি হয়, আপনি কি আম্পায়ারের কাছে অভিযোগ করেছিলেন?

মাহমুদউল্লাহ: আমি আম্পায়ারের কাছে কোনো অভিযোগ করনি। তবে লক্ষ করেছি, আম্পায়ার ব্যাপারটা দেখেছেন। আম্পায়ার চিমাকে আঙুল উঁচিয়ে কী যেন বললেনও। সম্ভবত সতর্ক করেছেন। যেহেতু আম্পায়ারই বিষয়টা দেখেছেন, তাই আমি আর অভিযোগ করার দরকার মনে করিনি।[/বাংলা]

Riyad complain korenai karon she dekhse umpire Chima re warn korse. But where is the 5runs ? Why umpire didn't awared the 5 runs? Why umpire didn't follow the rules?

2nd run thakuk r na thakuk. oi shomoye run out hole o out dite parto na.

Murad
March 25, 2012, 06:13 PM
Agree with Pilot.
And we don’t need to be bothered about how Pak board or their fans react on this matter. I think BCB should move on with it even if it affects the relation between the two cricketing nations. It’s about honesty and fairness, and that’s what should get more value than anything else.

Pakistan players cheated with us before. They won the Multan 2003 Test by cheating.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Mk74srFVb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Murad
March 25, 2012, 06:22 PM
^ Wrong. That's not how I wanna earn my trophy. I can't picture Rahim and the boys lifting that like that. uh-uhh! No way.

All these oldies never won anything so they are craving for this. I have faith in the current team to win 100 more trophies, forget about this kup. This is just ruining their momentum and hunger. I want them to stay hungry not satisfied.
Huh? Really?

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 06:28 PM
Huh? Really?

I was mainly talking about Kamal and his men. :shakibserious:

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 06:31 PM
Riyad complain korenai karon she dekhse umpire Chima re warn korse. But where is the 5runs ? Why umpire didn't awared the 5 runs? Why umpire didn't follow the rules?

Exactly. Like someone earlier mentioned, instead of begging for the trophy they should've complained about the horrible umpiring against us, more often than not we are on the receiving end of that. That angle sounds better.

zinatf
March 25, 2012, 06:34 PM
See what PCB's doing in hosting Australia.....http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1504483#post1504483
when it comes to us....they are "unhappy"

sufism
March 25, 2012, 06:59 PM
[বাংলা] আইজাজ চিমা ইচ্ছাকৃতভাবে আপনাকে বাধা দিয়েছেন বলে অভিযোগ করেছে বিসিবি। তা-ই যদি হয়, আপনি কি আম্পায়ারের কাছে অভিযোগ করেছিলেন?

মাহমুদউল্লাহ: আমি আম্পায়ারের কাছে কোনো অভিযোগ করনি। তবে লক্ষ করেছি, আম্পায়ার ব্যাপারটা দেখেছেন। আম্পায়ার চিমাকে আঙুল উঁচিয়ে কী যেন বললেনও। সম্ভবত সতর্ক করেছেন। যেহেতু আম্পায়ারই বিষয়টা দেখেছেন, তাই আমি আর অভিযোগ করার দরকার মনে করিনি।[/বাংলা]

Wondering what would you say about Mashrafee & Afridi incident...

Our tigers are probably shaking there heads in shame now.....sad really

sufism
March 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
Please have read. A good article on this very issue.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=227708

srtor
March 25, 2012, 08:03 PM

Absolutely! Lack of cricketing sense among Bangladeshi players is appalling. Why bowl Shahadat the last over?
And most importantly, why this loser is still the chairman? Is he awami leager? Can the PM rise above politics and fire this guy, right away.

Pathetic!

TigerEz
March 25, 2012, 08:16 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/398178_277358535675604_187494924661966_635804_1058 946634_n.jpg

Tehsin
March 25, 2012, 10:29 PM
If it is not about the trophy and just to share a concern with the ACC, meh, I guess it's okay. Other then that, I don't see the point. Shakib and the gang already experienced the same emotions we did, they did their best and on that occasion, fate was cruel to us. We shrugged it off and we're ready for the next challenge. This will only reduce the whole experience. Let it go. File and point it out while we're still in the hunt for a title, not after the moment has passed.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/398178_277358535675604_187494924661966_635804_1058 946634_n.jpg

RazabQ
March 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah I'm fine if you put in a marker against umpiring inconsistencies. Otherwise, move on folks. We fought well and weren't good enough at the end of the day. We had lots of chance to put this match to rest, Pakistan wouldn't let us or we couldn't. I don't give a hoot what other country's fans think about us, _I_ don't want us to be a bunch of whingers!

As for BCB - SMH man SMH!

abherath
March 26, 2012, 01:21 AM
Here we go again!!

We received a lot of appreciation from all over the world. Let's not ruin it......

grow up everyone.....

I completely agree.
Bangladesh earned the respect of everyone with their great performance and spirit. Now some people are spoiling it all, whining and complaining.
This should stop immediately and saner counsel should prevail.
The gloss should not be taken off a great moment of history in Tiger cricket.

Naimul_Hd
March 26, 2012, 01:59 AM
Attention please!

Last 2 days, This topics has been discussed widely around the world & many controversies were created about BCB as well as Bangladesh. But yesterday it was cleared from a statement from BCB. Our board didn't want to revise the decision. They just sent a official letter to ICC & ACC just to let them know that the officials (Umpires) needed to be more careful. They have noticed it but they didn't take the required action or proper steps. This is kind of off topic but we all know how always some close decisions went against us in near past. So what this letter can do is, ICC can review this and inform the umpires to be more careful from now on. So confusion over!! We think, No more controversies regarding this issue...

Source: FB

zinatf
March 26, 2012, 02:34 AM
geez....thanks for sharing Naimul Bhai :)

BANFAN
March 26, 2012, 02:51 AM
i dont think it was so plain and simple about caution ... this issue of lastover must have been in the letter, along with other issues. Otherwise How Enayet Hossain can give an explanation of that 5 runs penalty as a violation of rules... im sure thats one of the point. and indirect/hidden desire is to get the cup... very clever BCB... very intelligent ... must have been Tutul's idea... such, mean ideas can only generate in those brains... :( Now trying to save A$$es by lying a little bit...or by trying to be too clever.

zinatf
March 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
lol Banfan....ki buddhi apnar....BCB to....hoile hoitei pare...bisshash nai

nakedzero
March 26, 2012, 07:23 AM
[বাংলা]বাংলাদেশ দেরী করে আবেদন করায় এশিয়া কাপ ফাইনালের ফলাফল পরিবর্তনে কোনো সুযোগ নেই বলে জানিয়েছেন পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের চিফ অপারেটিং অফিসার (সিওও)। এদিকে সোমবার এশিয়ান ক্রিকেট কাউন্সিল (এসিসি) থেকে বাংলাদেশের আবেদনটি নাকচ করে দেওয়া হয়েছে।

এসিসির এক কর্মকর্তা জানিয়েছেন বিসিবির আবেদনটি বিবেচনার সুযোগ নেই কারণ তারা বিষয়টি মাঠেই আম্পায়ারদের কাছে রিপোর্ট করেনি।

এশিয়ান ক্রিকেট কাউন্ডিলের প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা আশরাফুল হক বলেন,‘আমরা বাংলাদেশের অভিযোগটি পেয়েছি। বিষয়টি যেহেতু মাঠ আম্পায়ারদের রিপোর্টে নেই, এক্ষেত্রে আমাদের কিছুই করণীয় নেই।’

গত শনিবার বিসিবির একজন উর্ধ্বতন কর্মকর্তা জানিয়েছিলেন তারা পাকিস্তানের বিপক্ষে এশিয়া কাপের ফাইনালের শেষ ওভারের বিষয়টি পর্যালোচনা করে দেখতে এশিয়ান ক্রিকেট কাউন্সিল (এসিসি)’র কাছে আবেদন জানাবেন। বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)‘র বিশ্বাস ওই ঘটনার ফলেই ম্যাচ ও শিরোপা হাতছাড়া হয়েছে তাদের।

ফাইনালে পাকিস্তান দুই রানে জয় পেলেও বিসিবি বলছে ম্যাচের শেষ ওভারের প্রথম বলে ব্যাটসম্যান মাহমুদুল্লাহ দুই রান নেওয়া পথে নন স্ট্রাইকিং প্রান্তে ইচ্ছাকৃত বাধার সৃষ্টি করেন পাকিস্তানী পেসার আইজাজ চিমা। যেটা ক্রিকেট বিধির ৪২.৫ ধারার লঙ্ঘন। ওই ঘটনায় বাংলাদেশের পাঁচ রান প্রাপ্য ছিল।

এ বিষয়ে পিসিবির সিওও সুবহান আহমেদ নিউজিল্যান্ডের একটি অনলাইন সংবাদসংস্থাকে বলেন,‘বাংলাদেশের দেরীতে প্রতিক্রিয়া জানানোর বিষয়টি আমাদের বিস্মিত করেছে। আমাদের বিশ্বাস, যদি ম্যাচে কোনো কিছু ভুল-ত্রুটি হয়ে থাকতো তাহলে ম্যাচ অফিসিয়ালরা ঘটনাকালীন সময়েই ব্যবস্থা নিতে পারতেন।

‘আমরা যেটা বুঝে উঠতে পারছি না সেটা হচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ বোর্ড কেন এত দেরীতে প্রতিক্রিয়া জানালো। যদিও তারা আপিল করেছে তবে এই ঘটনা আমাদের দুই বোর্ডের সম্পর্কে কোনো প্রভাব ফেলবে না বলে মনে করি।’

২০০৯ সালে শ্রীলঙ্কান ক্রিকেট দলের বাসে হামলার পর থেকে পাকিস্তানের মাটিতে আন্তর্জাতিক সিরিজ আয়োজন বন্ধ রয়েছে। সম্প্রতি পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি) বাংলাদেশকে আগামী মাসে তিন ম্যাচের একদিনের সিরিজ খেলার আমন্ত্রণ জানিয়েছে।

পিসিবি বাংলাদেশ দলের সফরের বিষয়ে বিসিবির জবাবের অপেক্ষায় রয়েছে। যদিও বিসিবি জানিয়ে দিয়েছে এই বিষয়ে সরকারি সিদ্ধান্তই তারা অনুসরণ করবেন।[/বাংলা]

SOURCE (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=d5e7a42f848de89069733d940881f a90&nttl=2603201299329)

playmaker
March 26, 2012, 08:36 AM
can we just leave it?

firstlane
March 26, 2012, 09:02 AM
One of the Prothom Alo readers questioned why Riad did not ask for 5 penalty runs on the spot. And I agree with him. As a vice captain he should have known this rule well and acted promptly.

shakirshuvo
March 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
বাংলাদেশের আবেদন নাকচ ~ Prothom Alo.

এশিয়া কাপের উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ ফাইনালের শেষ ওভারে মাহমুদউল্লাহকে রান নেওয়ার সময় ইচ্ছাকৃতভাবে বাধা দিয়েছিলেন পাকিস্তানি পেসার আইজাজ চিমা। এমন অভিযোগ করে ৫ রান জরিমানার দাবি করে এশিয়ান ক্রিকেট কাউন্সিলে (এসিসি) আবেদন জানিয়েছিল বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড। তবে এই আবেদন শেষ পর্যন্ত নাকচ করে দিয়েছে এসিসি ও ক্রিকেটের সর্বোচ্চ সংস্থা আইসিসি। খেলা চলার সময় মাঠের আম্পায়াররা এ বিষয়ে কোনো আপত্তি জানাননি—এমন যুক্তি দেখিয়ে বিসিবির আবেদন নাকচ করা হয়েছে।
এসিসির প্রধান নির্বাহী আশরাফুল হক বিষয়টি নিশ্চিত করে বলেছেন, ‘আমরা বাংলাদেশের অভিযোগটা গ্রহণ করেছি। কিন্তু ঘটনার সময় মাঠে উপস্থিত আম্পায়ারদের পক্ষ থেকে এ বিষয়ে কোনো আপত্তি জানানো হয়নি। ফলে এখন কিছুই করার নেই।’ মাত্র দুই রানের জন্য বাংলাদেশের শিরোপা জয়ের স্বপ্ন পূরণ না হওয়ার বেদনায় এখনো হয়তো পুড়ছেন অনেক বাংলাদেশি সমর্থক। তবে বাংলাদেশ যে গোটা এশিয়া কাপেই দুর্দান্ত পারফরমেন্স দেখিয়ে কোটি কোটি মানুষের মন জয় করে নিয়েছে, তা আরও একবার মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছেন আশরাফুল হক। তিনি বলেছেন, ‘আমার মনে হয়, বাংলাদেশ গোটা টুর্নামেন্টেই চমত্কার খেলেছে। গত বিশ্বকাপের দুই ফাইনালিস্ট ভারত ও শ্রীলঙ্কাকে তারা হারের স্বাদ দিয়েছে। ফাইনালে গিয়ে তারা হেরে গেছে ঠিকই কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটাররা কোটি কোটি ক্রিকেটপ্রেমীর মন ঠিকই জিতে নিয়েছে।’ পিটিআই।

The Damage has already been done. From now on we'll be known as the whiners in the world of cricket. Thanks to BCB and some sore losers.

22Yards
March 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks BCB. I hope you are satisfied for now.

zsayeed
March 26, 2012, 10:12 AM
related:

West Indies fast bowler Kemar Roach has been fined 50% of his match fee for making deliberate physical contact with Brett Lee twice in the same over, during the fifth one-dayer against Australia in St Lucia.

The incident took place during the 39th over of Australia's innings. Lee took a single off Roach and was approaching the other end when Roach first made contact with him. The two stared at each other before Roach nudged Lee again while walking back to his mark.

Roach pleaded guilty to the Level 2 offence of the ICC Code of Conduct, which relates to "inappropriate and deliberate physical contact between players in the course of play". There was no need for a formal hearing.

"There is no doubt that Kemar deliberately made physical contact with Brett, not once but twice," Andy Pycroft, the ICC match referee, said. "This is completely unacceptable as there is no place for physical contact in cricket.

"It is not the sort of example that players should be setting at any time, least of all in a series as high-profile as this one. Kemar accepted his mistake and admitted that his behaviour was over aggressive and inappropriate. I am sure he has learnt his lesson and will be more careful in future."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2012/content/story/558833.html?CMP=outlook_news
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/133200/133295.2.jpg

sufism
March 26, 2012, 10:43 AM
i dont think it was so plain and simple about caution ... this issue of lastover must have been in the letter, along with other issues. Otherwise How Enayet Hossain can give an explanation of that 5 runs penalty as a violation of rules... im sure thats one of the point. and indirect/hidden desire is to get the cup... very clever BCB... very intelligent ... must have been Tutul's idea... such, mean ideas can only generate in those brains... :( Now trying to save A$$es by lying a little bit...or by trying to be too clever.

I agree. BCB clearly backtracked from its initial statement as soon as they figured the will not have much public support.

As expected, ACC did not even bother to consider the appeal.

Like someone already mentioned, damage has been done.

Pura desh -ke beijjot kore-o oder shikka hobe na......:facepalm:

I ran out of bangla gali to honor these BCB officails.

sufism
March 26, 2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks BCB. I hope you are satisfied for now.

I assure you they would never fail to amaze you. Just wait, I am sure they will come up with something new pretty soon.

sufism
March 26, 2012, 10:51 AM
বাংলাদেশের আবেদন নাকচ ~ Prothom Alo.

এশিয়া কাপের উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ ফাইনালের শেষ ওভারে মাহমুদউল্লাহকে রান নেওয়ার সময় ইচ্ছাকৃতভাবে বাধা দিয়েছিলেন পাকিস্তানি পেসার আইজাজ চিমা। এমন অভিযোগ করে ৫ রান জরিমানার দাবি করে এশিয়ান ক্রিকেট কাউন্সিলে (এসিসি) আবেদন জানিয়েছিল বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড। তবে এই আবেদন শেষ পর্যন্ত নাকচ করে দিয়েছে এসিসি ও ক্রিকেটের সর্বোচ্চ সংস্থা আইসিসি। খেলা চলার সময় মাঠের আম্পায়াররা এ বিষয়ে কোনো আপত্তি জানাননি—এমন যুক্তি দেখিয়ে বিসিবির আবেদন নাকচ করা হয়েছে।
এসিসির প্রধান নির্বাহী আশরাফুল হক বিষয়টি নিশ্চিত করে বলেছেন, ‘আমরা বাংলাদেশের অভিযোগটা গ্রহণ করেছি। কিন্তু ঘটনার সময় মাঠে উপস্থিত আম্পায়ারদের পক্ষ থেকে এ বিষয়ে কোনো আপত্তি জানানো হয়নি। ফলে এখন কিছুই করার নেই।’ মাত্র দুই রানের জন্য বাংলাদেশের শিরোপা জয়ের স্বপ্ন পূরণ না হওয়ার বেদনায় এখনো হয়তো পুড়ছেন অনেক বাংলাদেশি সমর্থক। তবে বাংলাদেশ যে গোটা এশিয়া কাপেই দুর্দান্ত পারফরমেন্স দেখিয়ে কোটি কোটি মানুষের মন জয় করে নিয়েছে, তা আরও একবার মনে করিয়ে দিয়েছেন আশরাফুল হক। তিনি বলেছেন, ‘আমার মনে হয়, বাংলাদেশ গোটা টুর্নামেন্টেই চমত্কার খেলেছে। গত বিশ্বকাপের দুই ফাইনালিস্ট ভারত ও শ্রীলঙ্কাকে তারা হারের স্বাদ দিয়েছে। ফাইনালে গিয়ে তারা হেরে গেছে ঠিকই কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটাররা কোটি কোটি ক্রিকেটপ্রেমীর মন ঠিকই জিতে নিয়েছে।’ পিটিআই।

The Damage has already been done. From now on we'll be known as the whiners in the world of cricket. Thanks to BCB and some sore losers.

ACC verdict clearly shows what BCB had truly asked for. This not only "Janiye Rakha"

Finally, after the ACC verdict, I would like to know the perspective of those who were supporting this appeal from BCB.

akabir77
March 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
Attention please!

Last 2 days, This topics has been discussed widely around the world & many controversies were created about BCB as well as Bangladesh. But yesterday it was cleared from a statement from BCB. Our board didn't want to revise the decision. They just sent a official letter to ICC & ACC just to let them know that the officials (Umpires) needed to be more careful. They have noticed it but they didn't take the required action or proper steps. This is kind of off topic but we all know how always some close decisions went against us in near past. So what this letter can do is, ICC can review this and inform the umpires to be more careful from now on. So confusion over!! We think, No more controversies regarding this issue...

Source: FB

agai bolsilam ai kotha...

lamisa
March 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
case closed, finally

shuziburo
March 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
If it is not about the trophy and just to share a concern with the ACC, meh, I guess it's okay. Other then that, I don't see the point. Shakib and the gang already experienced the same emotions we did, they did their best and on that occasion, fate was cruel to us. We shrugged it off and we're ready for the next challenge. This will only reduce the whole experience. Let it go. File and point it out while we're still in the hunt for a title, not after the moment has passed.

If this puts the umpires and ICC on notice about the umpiring inconsistencies against us, then it might have a long-term benefit. As Bangladesh has played well in the tournament, such complaints might carry more weight.

Zeeshan
March 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
Complaint rejected!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup-2012/content/story/558854.html