PDA

View Full Version : Tamim to play for Pune Warriors in IPL :D

Kinslayer
March 25, 2012, 12:52 AM
Tamim Iqbal will play for Pune Warriors in IPL, instead of injured James Hopes. Tamim is said to have agreed terms with the IPL team Pune Warriors and is all set to play for them in IPL 5 starting in April.
An official announcement is to be made very soon.
Source: Facebook and Twitter
http://www.anandabazar.com/25khela6.html

BANFAN
March 25, 2012, 02:16 AM
That's a great news. Was losing interest for IPL this year. Had there been a few others, I would follow all the matches.... Now only Pune...:) and a few at extremely idle times....

patriot
March 25, 2012, 03:35 AM
Not confirmed yet.

Night_wolf
March 25, 2012, 04:15 AM
That's a great news. Was losing interest for IPL this year. Had there been a few others, I would follow all the matches.... Now only Pune...:) and a few at extremely idle times....

wow..what happened to shakib?...nevermind

crikss
March 25, 2012, 04:32 AM
ঢাকা : আইপিএলে পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সে খেলবেন তামিম। রোববার বাংলানিউজকে এ খবর নিশ্চিত করেছে তামিমের ঘনিষ্ঠ সূত্র।

শনিবার পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্স-এর সঙ্গে বিসিবি ও তামিমের কথাবার্তা হয়। চলতি সপ্তাহের মধ্যে কাগজপত্র আসবে বলে জানা যায়। এবারই প্রথম আইপিএলে খেলবে তামিম।

বাংলাদেশের পক্ষ থেকে আইপিএলে ইতোপূর্বে অংশ নিয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান, মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, মাশরাফি ও আব্দুর রাজ্জাক।

Source - http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b0a2cca431198750e6e3851d8dc21 028&nttl=2503201299051

Naimul_Hd
March 25, 2012, 05:13 AM
I believe dada (Ganguly) played a great role to include Tamim in his team :)

CricketWiz
March 25, 2012, 05:33 AM
J. Hopes was hopeless last season ... hope Tamim have the answer.

Equinox
March 25, 2012, 06:12 AM
Good news. The Pune Warriors team is not that strong so Tamim has a good chance to make an impact. I was hoping, given his recent T20 form and the innings he played against India, someone would pick up Mushfiq as well.

dash
March 25, 2012, 06:26 AM
Good news. The Pune Warriors team is not that strong so Tamim has a good chance to make an impact. I was hoping, given his recent T20 form and the innings he played against India, someone would pick up Mushfiq as well.

Yao mushi looks the real t20 deal ... He has developed a baseball style heating technique with constant shuffling

BANFAN
March 25, 2012, 06:38 AM
wow..what happened to shakib?...nevermind

Shakib probably will play for KKR.... I'm not sure though. But I can see him in KKR team list. I think Shakib had a contracts for two seasons.

dash
March 25, 2012, 06:40 AM
Shakib probably will play for KKR.... I'm not sure though. But I can see him in KKR team list. I think Shakib had a contracts for two seasons.

He is deffo playing for kkr

Nadim
March 25, 2012, 07:03 AM
Congrats Tamim.

Let's look at the chance of him playing in the XI:

Other overseas in PW:
Callum Ferguson (AUS)-Middle order batsman so 50/50 to pick him or Tamim

Nathan McCullum: Lower order bat and handy with the ball...i guess no competition with Tamim

Angelo Mathews: Injured, even he his fit, he got to play for his country vs England :D

Wayne Parnell: Definitely playing

Jesse Ryder: Main Rival of Tamim. But i want Tamim and JR opening combo and SG at no 3.

Marlon Samuels: Will be busy first few weeks playing Australia :D

Graeme Smith: Another Rival for Tamim :(

Steven Smith: :floor::lol:

Luke Wright: A handy opener and a handy bowler so wont be surprise if he gets picked ahead of Tamim.

SO overall, In first few wk's of IPL 5, Tamim have very gd chance of getting in the playing 11. If he does, he have to PERFORM, otherwise i can see him warming up for a long time.

Night_wolf
March 25, 2012, 07:50 AM
SO overall, In first few wk's of IPL 5, Tamim have very gd chance of getting in the playing 11. If he does, he have to PERFORM, otherwise i can see him warming up for a long time.

i just hope he doesn't face the same fate as the other 3 BD players in the IPL :mash.ash and razzak

Tiger444
March 25, 2012, 08:10 AM

Mushy's gotta prove to be more consistent though. I think he needs another good year or 2 before he gets a chance. Tamim getting an IPL contract has been long overdue. He should've gotten a chance in last year's edition. I think that with another good year, Nasir could get a chance in the next year's IPL.

Tiger444
March 25, 2012, 08:14 AM
i just hope he doesn't face the same fate as the other 3 BD players in the IPL :mash.ash and razzak

Can't see them being in the same situation as Tamim really. Ash was really lucky in the end to get an IPL contract. Knew that he wouldn't be a success in the IPL. Mash has always been an awful death over bowler which really ruined his career in the IPL. And tough for Razzak because they already had good spinners in the side. So Tamim's different from these 3 in my opinion.

playmaker
March 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
Mash bowled well in the death overs in the last 3 matches and his E.R overall was less than 5. Though I dont want him to be playing in the IPL after what KKR did to him

And as for lalla, he is still a quality spinner, works very well in slow and low pitches

al-Sagar
March 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
congratz tamim ......

pune vs kolkata ..... whom to rupport now ???

Night_wolf
March 26, 2012, 01:00 AM
congratz tamim ......

pune vs kolkata ..... whom to rupport now ???

if they both play we'll have another Notts vs Worc kind of match but this time with better TV coverage

Shakib and tamim will be the only BD duo to play against each other in 2 Non Bangladesh teams in 2 countries:applause::notworthy:

BengaliPagol
March 26, 2012, 01:32 AM

reality is most people dont look for players from minnow teams even though they are better then a fair amount of players in the ipl.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

shiplu
March 29, 2012, 06:23 AM
looks like its confirmed
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/story/559205.html

Maysun
March 29, 2012, 07:07 AM
So it's official now, so who's opening the 'Tamim IPL Perfomance Monitor' & 'Official PWI' threads? :D

Rifat
March 29, 2012, 09:28 AM

Dear NumberOne Mushy Fan in BanglaCricket,

HE will get his chance inshaAllah...just wait until after the ICC World T20 competition where the world should take notice of the little dynamo(an ideal platform for someone like Mushfiqur Rahim to make statements with the bat of course...)

BengaliPagol
March 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dear NumberOne Mushy Fan in BanglaCricket,

HE will get his chance inshaAllah...just wait until after the ICC World T20 competition where the world should take notice of the little dynamo(an ideal platform for someone like Mushfiqur Rahim to make statements with the bat of course...)

Patience is the key. We have to slowly wait for the IPL to realise the talents of Mushy and Nasir. It will happen but we just have to be patient.

mar umpire
April 9, 2012, 12:26 AM
"tamim to play for pune" is slightly misleading
But at least he's in the side

Rabz
April 9, 2012, 12:45 AM
^^ Tamim to benchwarm for Pune Warriors :D

mar umpire
April 9, 2012, 12:56 AM
^^ Tamim to benchwarm for Pune Warriors :D

Lol yeah that's more accurate