PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafee rewarded with BCB contract

Nadim
March 25, 2012, 01:31 PM
Former national skipper Mashrafee bin Murtaza has been rewarded with a national contract for his impressive showing in the Asia Cup after being excluded initially.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board finalised the names of 15 cricketers on Sunday with Mashrafee coming in as the last-minute inclusion as desired by its president AHM Mustafa Kamal.
The technical committee had earlier overlooked the injury-prone paceman, who was out of the national team for 11 months last season following a surgery on his knee.
Mashrafee, however, proved them wrong by coming back as strong as ever, claiming six wickets in four matches and more importantly making a positive influence on the side.
Mashrafee joined Mushfiqur Rahim, Sakib al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Nazmul Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Jahirul Islam, Nazimudddin, Elias Sunny and Shuvagata Hom in the BCB’s central contract.
Shahadat Hossain is the only cricketer from Bangladesh’s highly successful Asia Cup squad not to get the contract.

The new contract will be effective from December 1, 2011. (yes, bcb is very late)
Mohammad Ashraful, Syed Rasel, Junaed Siddique, Roqibul Hasan, Shahadat Hossain, Naeem Islam and Sohrawardi Shuvo, who all were on the BCB payroll previously, have been excluded.
Nasir Hossain, Nazimuddin, Shuvagata Hom and Elias Sunny are the new faces in the list.
http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-03-26&nid=5176

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HOM and Nazimuddin doesn't deserve the central contact yet but i think they had to pick 15 players so make sense. Otherwise everything is perfect.

Poor shahdat. And for the first time in Ash's career didn't manage to get the central contact :wow:

playmaker
March 25, 2012, 01:34 PM
i think the no. of contracted players shud be 20

really dont think 15 is enough by any means

Nadim
March 25, 2012, 01:36 PM
i think the no. of contracted players shud be 20

really dont think 15 is enough by any means

i though, it's 18? no?

Ajfar
March 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Oh come on one good innings in test against and thats good enough for Nazim to get a contract? Man our standard is so low

Leafs PWN
March 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
good news

this is nazim's last chance. if he screws up, hes done for a while.

playmaker
March 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
before 18 players where contracted now its 15! WTF?

this is unacceptable.

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 01:46 PM
These are the reasons why we have "official threads." Shows once again why they are stupid as people end up opening new threads anyways.

Anyways, well earned Mash. You were super good with the new ball, something that was missing with 2 kids opening the inning. WB mash, WB.

Nadim
March 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
These are the reasons why we have "official threads." Shows once again why they are stupid as people end up opening new threads anyways.

Anyways, well earned Mash. You were super good with the new ball, something that was missing with 2 kids opening the inning. WB mash, WB.

Dude, this news is not only about Mash.

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 02:42 PM
Title says otherwise...

TIKBoss
March 25, 2012, 03:27 PM
nazimuddin central contract? LMFAO

MohammedC
March 25, 2012, 03:33 PM
Good luck to all contracted players

al Furqaan
March 25, 2012, 04:35 PM
very good to hear after the tiger-hearted performance he put in during the whole of the Asia Cup.

Nafi
March 25, 2012, 04:49 PM
Siddique didnt make it? Whats up with that?

MohammedC
March 25, 2012, 04:51 PM
Shuvagoto Hom has been out of form lately even during the A team tour to Windies he struggled.

Crisis
March 25, 2012, 04:58 PM
No Imrul ? And, Nazim got contract???

MohammedC
March 25, 2012, 05:00 PM
No Imrul ? And, Nazim got contract???

Imrul got contract. Only surprise is Nazimuddin and Shuvagoto ,thats what I think, unless he is just making up the numbers. If they dont let their bat do the talking they will be out.

zinatf
March 25, 2012, 05:20 PM
Nazim's in the contract? :facepalm:

Feeling bad for Ashraful and Shahadat...not...:-p

i_1_primeval_man
March 25, 2012, 06:12 PM
What has Hom done ever to get a contract? Nazim at least played one decent test innings. Hom hasn't done anything and is awfully out of form even in domestic cricket. Shahadat, Junaed or even Ashraful deserved it ahead of him.

zinatf
March 25, 2012, 06:15 PM
^^ try telling that to Sohel NR bhai or other fans of Hom in BC :)

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 06:22 PM
After all that praising Nazim took during Pak series....

Murad
March 25, 2012, 06:35 PM
[বাংলা]‘নবাগত’ শ্রেণীতে নতুন ঢুকছেন নাজিমউদ্দিন, ইলিয়াস সানি, নাসির হোসেন ও শুভাগত হোম চৌধুরী।
নতুন চুক্তির ‘এ প্লাস’ শ্রেণীতে থাকবেন মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা, সাকিব আল হাসান, তামিম ইকবাল ও আবদুর রাজ্জাক। ‘এ’ শ্রেণীতে মাহমুদউল্লাহ ও ইমরুল কায়েস। ‘বি’ শ্রেণীতে নাজমুল হোসেন, শফিউল ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও ‘সি’ শ্রেণীতে জহুরুল ইসলাম। ঘরোয়া ও আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে সামপ্রতিক পারফরম্যান্স বিবেচনায় আগামী এক বছর যাঁদের জাতীয় দলে প্রয়োজন হতে পারে বলে মনে করা হচ্ছে, চুক্তিতে রাখা হচ্ছে তাঁদেরই। দু-এক দিনের মধ্যে আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে চুক্তিবদ্ধ ক্রিকেটারদের নাম ঘোষণা করবে বিসিবি।

সূত্র জানিয়েছে, মাত্রই চোট থেকে ফেরায় নতুন চুক্তি থেকে মাশরাফিকে আপাতত বাদ রাখার চিন্তা ছিল নির্বাচকদের। সে অনুযায়ী বোর্ড সভাপতি আ হ ম মুস্তফা কামালের অনুমোদনের জন্য তাঁরা ১৪ জনের তালিকা পাঠিয়েছিলেন। কিন্তু এশিয়া কাপে মাশরাফির পারফরম্যান্স বিবেচনা করে বিসিবির সভাপতি মাশরাফিকে চুক্তিতে রাখার পরামর্শ দিয়েছেন।

পারফরম্যান্স ভালো হলে অবশ্য নতুন চুক্তিতে যেকোনো সময়ই ঢুকতে পারেন নতুন কেউ। আছে চুক্তি থেকে বাদ দেওয়ার ব্যবস্থাও। ছয় মাস পর চুক্তিবদ্ধ খেলোয়াড়দের পারফরম্যান্স পর্যালোচনা করা হবে। তাতে কারও পারফরম্যান্স সন্তোষজনক মনে না হলে বাদ দেওয়া হবে তাঁকে।

নতুন চুক্তিতে বেতন বাড়ছে ক্রিকেটারদের। প্রতি শ্রেণীতেই আগের চেয়ে ১০ শতাংশ করে বেতন বাড়ানো হচ্ছে এবার।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-03-26/news/235473

A+: Mushfique, Mash, Shakib, Tamim, Razzak
A: Mahmudullah & Imrul Kayes
B: Nazmul, Shafiul, Rubel
C: Jahurul Islam
Rookies: Nazimuddin, Elias Sunny, Nasir Hossain (Rookie?) and Shuvagoto Hom

Nasir a rookie? man these selectors are really stupids. He should be in C grade if not B.

And they didn't want to have Mash in the contract. What a shame!! Akram and Co should quit!!

zinatf
March 25, 2012, 06:42 PM
C-eo na...he should be in the A grade....no offense to Riyad/Kayes, but Nasir deserves to be in the position considering his consistency :)

jamal451230
March 25, 2012, 06:58 PM
its quite sad that musfiqur getting contarct for A+ . while riad is not , if they are looking wise by performance than riad is definitely better than rahim bcz riad is averaging almost 30 and rahim averging only 26 with bat ,

Dilscoop
March 25, 2012, 07:06 PM
Nasir is in rookie may be because he IS a rookie :rolleyes: This is their first contract.

FaHiMa
March 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
Lol no ash?! :P

Naimul_Hd
March 25, 2012, 07:43 PM
IMO, Only 4-5 players (shakib, tamim, mushy, mash, Rubel) should in Contractual grading system. Rest of them should be on 'Performance based' remuneration system. 'Get as you perform'; If you perform, you can earn more than those of contractual players.

firstlane
March 25, 2012, 07:47 PM
Loitta abaro baa haat dhukaise?

Ajfar
March 25, 2012, 08:39 PM
Nasir already made $200,000 from BPL, money from this contract is like his pocket change.

Man I should have been a cricketer, ekta 50 kore, tar por choy mash arame naake tel diya ghumaitam.

MohammedC
March 25, 2012, 09:19 PM
What happened to Shahriar Nafees ?
If Nazim gets a contract for scoriing a 70+ then SN deserves it for his 90+

Habib
March 25, 2012, 10:53 PM

SN deserved it more than Hom for sure.

Night_wolf
March 25, 2012, 11:04 PM

[বাংলা]আগামী এক বছর যাঁদের জাতীয় দলে প্রয়োজন হতে পারে বলে মনে করা হচ্ছে, চুক্তিতে রাখা হচ্ছে তাঁদেরই[/বাংলা]

i think they are now considering nazim to be test or odi opener...SN is done unless Jhahurul falls super bad,which he is showing sign

And guys our contract grade is selected based on Matches played...not performance...thats why Ash was in A+ category all this time,thats why Razzak is in A+ category and Nasir is in rookie category

TIKBoss
March 25, 2012, 11:22 PM
nazim as odi opener? oh hell no.. plz just no i rather have bangladeshi lara as opener

playmaker
March 25, 2012, 11:45 PM
I was a fan of Nafees ever since he started playing. when he plays his shots he looks like a batsman in total control.

But he needs to regain his form and hopefully if he does well in domestics, he can open or even bat at no. 3. He did well in the last test, 97 in 1st innings and an unfortunate dismissal.

wonder what nazim and hom doing there?

Gowza
March 26, 2012, 12:03 AM
hom must be their due to domestic performance over the last couple of years, his performance against zimbabwe and potential. they should have 20-25 contracted imo. 15 is a little low and as we can see brings questions on certain inclusions e.g. hom and nazim.

hom isn't a regular in the squad let alone the team so why he gets one of the 15 contracts doesn't seem to feel right, i guess they have big plans for him....otherwise why is he getting a contract? obviously nazim got it because he's in the thick of it atm as test opener and ODI opener even though he should be losing his spot, they must see him as a long term solution...

Nadim
March 26, 2012, 12:29 AM
its quite sad that musfiqur getting contarct for A+ . while riad is not , if they are looking wise by performance than riad is definitely better than rahim bcz riad is averaging almost 30 and rahim averging only 26 with bat ,

Purai lol:floor:

Habib
March 26, 2012, 02:30 AM

:facepalm: Riyad's mission accomplished.

zinatf
March 26, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hom er theke to Nafees bhalo chilo....ki je kore BCB...
I agree with Naimul bhai only 5/4 players will be contractual based...the rest should get it according to the performance...otherwise, only one 50 and the next 1 year getting ducks :S

zinatf
March 26, 2012, 02:42 AM
Nasir already made $200,000 from BPL, money from this contract is like his pocket change.

Man I should have been a cricketer, ekta 50 kore, tar por choy mash arame naake tel diya ghumaitam.

mana korsilo ke...hoye jaiten :-p

playmaker
March 26, 2012, 03:00 AM
i think the no. of contracted players shud be be around 20, 15 is too less

BANFAN
March 26, 2012, 03:20 AM
Good for Mash. Hope he remains fit and continues to perform well ...

Antora
March 26, 2012, 03:31 AM
Yay for Mashrafee :)

Nazimuddin?! OH KUN DIN BHALO KHELECHE? *angry face*

BengaliPagol
March 26, 2012, 04:00 AM
My Gradings (in terms of performance)
A+: Shakib, Mushfiqur
A: Tamim, Nasir, Mashrafe
B: Rubel, Nazmul, Razzak
B-: Mahmadullah, Elias
C: Kayes, Shafiul
C-: Nazimuddin, Jahurul
D: Shahadat
E: Shuvagata

Feel free to add your thoughts.

shuziburo
March 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
It appears that finally the Shahadat-mania is over at BCB. (I hope.) He should return only if his deserves. In his current form, he does not. The other players who did not make the list include Ash, Junaid, Raqibul, and Rasel.

[বাংলা]বিসিবির চুক্তিভুক্ত খেলোয়াড়দের তালিকা ১৮ জন থেকে নেমে আসছে ১৫ জনে। তবে সদ্য চোট কাটিয়ে ফেরা মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজাও থাকছেন আগামী এক বছরের জন্য নতুন এই চুক্তিতে। এর আগে চোটের কথা মাথায় রেখে তাঁকে চুক্তির বাইরে রাখার সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছিলেন নির্বাচকেরা।
আগের ১৮ জনের তালিকা থেকে নতুন চুক্তিতে বাদ পড়ছেন মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক, রকিবুল হাসান, শাহাদাত হোসেন ও সৈয়দ রাসেল। ‘নবাগত’ শ্রেণীতে নতুন ঢুকছেন নাজিমউদ্দিন, ইলিয়াস সানি, নাসির হোসেন ও শুভাগত হোম চৌধুরী।
নতুন চুক্তির ‘এ প্লাস’ শ্রেণীতে থাকবেন মুশফিকুর রহিম, মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা, সাকিব আল হাসান, তামিম ইকবাল ও আবদুর রাজ্জাক। ‘এ’ শ্রেণীতে মাহমুদউল্লাহ ও ইমরুল কায়েস। ‘বি’ শ্রেণীতে নাজমুল হোসেন, শফিউল ইসলাম, রুবেল হোসেন ও ‘সি’ শ্রেণীতে জহুরুল ইসলাম। [/বাংলা]

Full news item here (http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2012-03-26/news/235473).

idrinkh2O
March 26, 2012, 11:34 AM
Shuza vhai...already ekta thread khola hoyeche ekhane (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=40566):)

lamisa
March 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
ash koi? :O

shuziburo
March 26, 2012, 01:39 PM
Shuza vhai...already ekta thread khola hoyeche ekhane (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=40566):)

Sorry, my bad. Missed the other thread.

Rifat
March 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
I can understand why Nazimuddin was given an extended contract. BCB/selectors still want to try him out for tests...:)

well, let's see what happens :-|

x2man007
March 26, 2012, 08:55 PM
C-eo na...he should be in the A grade....no offense to Riyad/Kayes, but Nasir deserves to be in the position considering his consistency :)
Agreed 100%...... It's not just about the money, but also about responsibility and honor. Nasir deserves it. He contributed much better than Lullah and should have gotten an A grade.

Rifat
March 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
Shahadat Hossain has been very very very poor, atrocious in fact throughout the year in every format of the game.

He bowled well in patches in the Asia cup(inconsistent but overall, his econ rate costed us! many times) The last over final heroics had so much at stake that he doesn't make the cut for getting a contract.

In all the test matches he played last year, he did very poorly, hence no contract.

Nazimuddin on the other hand had a promising test return followed by a nice little cameo against Pakistan in the Asia cup opener(well, as an opener, more than cameos are required)...(other than that quite poor) it is just the last three ODIs he played kinda ruined it for him...I can see why BCB still keeping him in radar...

Dhakablues
March 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
I think its a wrong idea to cut down on the list to 15. When we should be rather increasing the pool of players who can have access to national team benefits and can take the game seriously, we rather cut down on the pool of players. If the idea is that Bangladesh doesnt really have that many matches this year so we can save some money, then fine but given that BCB earned tons of money from the BPL, it doesnt make sense to trim down the list of national players. And a list of only 15? If we really want to develop professional players, we shouldve had atleast 20 players who are available for national duty and can train with the coach, trainer etc.

cricheart
March 26, 2012, 11:11 PM
I dont beleive in idea of quota for contract on national team players, specially for country like Bangladesh. All team members are liability for cricket board. So it holds enough legal hold over every players eligibility to represent Bangladeshi cricketer. Tie up with contract just makes sense for Sakib/Tamim (Foreign league players), so that other contracts dont collide in terms & conditions. BCB can overrule any contract made by other teams any moment anyway. Board should take care of evryone within the same ethics. So every player should get same medical & other facilities. Our criketers are allready among the lowest paid crickters inthe cricket developed world. As long as we dont have enough proffesional players and infrastructure here, such contracts will just act as low level job security for players.