PDA

View Full Version : Team for next ODI

oracle
March 10, 2004, 03:58 PM
Hannan- a proper opener; settle him into his permanent role and the quicker we will see results from him.
Ash- moved up as his ability to score quickly and with his new found form will produce better results
Bashar-no change, this is his best position
Rajin- HE IS THE ANCHOR.
Kapali- Back to his old place.
Rana- Sujon can have a game rest
Mashud-moved up
Mushfiq
Rafiq
Tarek
Tapash

12th man Bidyut- needs another chance to prove his mettle but will wait in the next match.

Has Whatmore unfinished tasks? Yes and he needs to solve all the old problems in the team? But, I hope that this win is really the firm footing for better things to come. Thinking about the list of issues plaguing our ODI , I feel we should test this winning team once more to see if they have responded to Whatmore's coaching.

Checklist and unanswered questions:
Opening problem has not been soved.
Individual improvements-has every player responded to his call for individual improvements?
Can our bowlers restrict sides to 250 max?
Can our batsmen survive 50 overs?
Can they take singles?
Finally, what is Whatmore’s strategy now?

Mridul
March 10, 2004, 04:01 PM
we should keep the same team

Optimist
March 10, 2004, 04:02 PM
No body will make so many changes after a win! 99.99% possibility is that the same team will play.

Ahmed_B
March 10, 2004, 04:05 PM
.. sujon's performance may not be that bad with the bat.
his bowling is questionable though.

tnb
March 10, 2004, 04:29 PM
Nobody likes to change winning combination, and i hope Dav will keep the same squad.
Kapali should at least get few matches as opener. Hannan and Rajin both consumes too many balls. So i think only one of them should play.
Ashraful may be a little shaky against the new ball. He is at his best after 20 overs.
Finally, if we must change, then i hope its suzon. he is the weakest link (yah, i am well aware of his batting cameo).

SS
March 10, 2004, 04:44 PM
i think whatmore will go with Sujon again...and guys don't dream too much it was a nice show but remember it was close...so should be happy with a win in this series.

Navarene
March 10, 2004, 04:52 PM
Rana should be in and Sujon can be sent to enjoy the penorama of Vitoria Fall. We have no luxury to give away 57 runs in 10 overs in ODI.

I second tnb for Kapali to open for a few matches more. Ashraful is a proven slot for #5. The rest are alright.

mahbubH
March 10, 2004, 05:56 PM
we should not change the winning combination after all we got the chance of playing a winning combinaiton after long 5 years!!

billah
March 10, 2004, 06:34 PM
Hannan is not an ODI player. Drop Alok, put Rana in, the rest is fine.:)

billah
March 10, 2004, 06:36 PM
I think this is what Dav will do. Drop Alok, bring Rana in.;)

bd_cricket
March 10, 2004, 07:30 PM
I don't think so. Alok should be given more chance as opener. Only one match cannot tell everything. Give him some time. Don't experiment with the winning side. Keep everybody intact even Sujon too.

I am sure, either Bidyut or Alok will get some runs tomorrow.

I think we are drawing conclusions too fast. Let them play with the winning combination - and I think Whatmore will do that.

Mridul
March 10, 2004, 07:42 PM
Alok will open next couple of matches...
....according to prothom alo report....Whatmore told ALok that he will open even though he fails first couple of matches

Ehsan
March 10, 2004, 08:15 PM
What happens to Hannan then? What would be his fate?

BD Tigers
March 10, 2004, 11:26 PM
It will be the same team. Dav will not change the winning composition. Hannan will have to sit out this series. And I am pretty sure Alok will open next couple of matches too.

Everybody talking about Sujon. I don't know what he did to you guys, but I think he's batting performance was great and even his bowling too (yes his bowling too). Yes he was expensive first 4 over (30runs) but who wasn't. Tareq gave 30 runs too in first 4 overs. Nobody is talking about him getting dropped. But Sujon did come back by bowling better in his last 6 overs which conceeded only 27 runs (including a 6 in his last over) considering he bowled in the last 10 overs of the match. I think that is pretty damn good. And taking a catch with full streach in his age is amazing too. I think he has lot more HEART and fighting spirit than lot of others in the team. So please stop bashing Sujon for one day. Just my 2 cents...

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by BD Tigers]

pagol-chagol
March 10, 2004, 11:32 PM
Shujon's 5th thruough 9th over were amazing. Those were crucial to our win. The 10th over was at the end and they were free swinging. 9 runs in that over isn't really that bad. They tried to hit 6 in every ball.

This was actually a much better performance than the world cup match against Pak (Man of the Match). (I think)

sage
March 10, 2004, 11:54 PM
Rana should be in. He is getting run. We can use his good form now.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 11, 2004, 02:12 AM
ak allahai jane keno ai winning combination take kichu manush change korar jonno uthe pore lagse. ebong ak allahai jane shujon khelle kisu manusher gaye keno foshka pore. akjon to pura team ke motamoti change kore akdom top to bottom batting order o change kore dise. jaita ase haita thakle je keno ato kamrai manusher ke jane. are bap jitse akhon thakuk na ar akta match. buzhlam kapali bhalo khelenai. kintu ar akta match time dile shomoshha ta ki. koekdin agai ore dole nawar jonno akdom more jachhilo kisu manush. ohene jai run pailo no omni shuru hoiyya gese hegore lafalafi. ar shujon je ki pap korlo ke jane. akjoner to posondoi hoilo na or batting. buzhlam run beshi dise. kintu 2nd spell ta chilo or main ebong oi spell a oh kom run dise. tarporo je keno ato chilla chilli buzhina. jaihok. dannabad.

sage
March 11, 2004, 04:57 AM
Ato pachor pachor korar ki asse. :lol:

James90
March 11, 2004, 05:30 AM
Same team, no doubt

fy288
March 11, 2004, 05:33 AM
Not the same team at least put Sarkar to open in place of Kapali or Hossain. The team did fantastic, but Watmore knows a good start is vital, so expect to see at least one change.

THE LONG WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!
:fanflag: :fanflag: :fanflag:

fwullah
March 11, 2004, 08:13 AM
should be kept as it is.

Warlock
March 11, 2004, 08:28 AM
No tampering with the team combination! We keep the winning team for 2nd ODI. Kapali is fine in the opening slot. He is a good player. He has just played one match as the opener and some people are already baying for blood! This is too much! Give him a chance! I say put Kapali in the opener's position for the next two matches as well. He will show his calibre.
Have you people forgotten why Hannan is out of the team? He got out like a school boy in the other test, and that made Whatmore so furious he told the reporters- "We gave him (Hannan) some ropes but he's hanged himself with it"! Whatmore's the coach, if he says Hannan won't play- that is absolutely fine with me.
Another old problem- some people don't like Sujon. Okay, he gave away some runs. But don't forget, he adds valuable experience to the team. Pilot and Sujon, along with Rafique, are the old warhorses. They have served BD faithfully through the nightmarish 5 years. It means a lot! May be Sujon is past his primes but he still can offer many things which others cannot. He stays in the team.
Don't spoil Ashraful's wonderful form by sending him to open. He has found his right position and right form after such a long time, don't disturb it.
Good luck to BD team for the next ODI.

fwullah
March 11, 2004, 09:38 AM
Shahriar Hossain Bidyut is out of the 4th ODI (source: ntv news) due to the injury that was troubling him;and Hannan Sarkar is in place of him.

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 11, 2004, 10:08 AM
ay hay re,
very sad news. kintu injury ar upor to ar karo haat nai. tai change na korte chaileo mone hoi change korte hobe akhon. dannabad.

SS
March 11, 2004, 10:48 AM
Zimb are planning to reschedule matches the rumor i heard frm a friend but the source is not reliable. They want to win with us by any means. So Alert!!

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 11, 2004, 10:52 AM
well sheta to oboshhio tara chaibe. khub akta oshhabhabik kichu na. kintu ami mone kori je ar 2ti match howai uchit. karon akhon match baranota kintu amar mone hoi na eta thik hobe. karon eta jodi kora hoi tahole shudhu zimbabwe ar sharthe kora hobe. tobe jodi 2ti match hoi tahole bangladesh kintu full confidence pabe next match. ebong ami mone kori je ar porer matchti akti jibon moron lorai hobe zimbabwe ar jonno. ebong bangladesh dol jodi ager diner moton khela tahole kintu khela bhalo jombe. dannabad.

Shaan
March 11, 2004, 01:43 PM
I beleive Dave will put the same team!!!

I didn't meant there should be change in the team, I just meant hope Dave will keep intact the same players combination. No offence. I just express my point of view like rest of Bangladeshis, so hope no one will take it personally.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Shaan]

acbizz
March 11, 2004, 02:13 PM
change? why ?

do not post anymore msg here :karate:

Mridul
March 11, 2004, 04:28 PM
the team has been changed

Shahriar Hossain is out for 2 weeks...Hannan will replace him

Bangladesh Team:

1. Hannan Sarkar
2. Alok Kapali
3. Habibul Bashar
4. Rajin Saleh
5. Mohammad Ashraful
6. Mushfiqur Rahman
7. Khaled Mahmud
8. Khaled Mashud
9. Mohammad Rafiq
10. Tapash Baisya
11. Tareq Aziz

Nasif
March 11, 2004, 04:36 PM
yes just read it in prothom-alo. Bidyut got hurt in the butt during fielding. He is out for 2 weeks.

Hasib
March 11, 2004, 04:43 PM
Feel sorry for mi... his first ODI since 2000 and he gets hurt.

SS
March 11, 2004, 04:48 PM
I am not comfortable with the openning pair..it wont work out alok and hannan won't gona have understanding...i guess itz betta to bring back Javed

blink
March 11, 2004, 08:49 PM
I would prefer Rana to sujon

Definitely alok must play except i dont think opener is his best position (obviously he has had good performances lower down). The problem is that hannan is the only other real opener, and that would mean dropping someone else. Whatever happens dont open with ash, leave him where he is. So i guess alok will just have to do the best he can as opener

Rubu
March 11, 2004, 09:20 PM
There is gonna be only one change in this match. Shahrier was not 100% fit on the 3rd odi, and it got even worse now and cannot play the next two matches. Hannan sarkar will open instead him. This is the only change in the team. so, here is the team:

Alok Kapali
Hannan Sarkar
Habibul Bashar
Rajin Shaleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahman
Khaled Mahmud
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafiq
Tareq Aziz
Tapash Baisya

The order may be not right after Ash.

shaheen
March 11, 2004, 10:17 PM
It sounds that BD team for the 4th ODI is almost decided. I strongly support that the winning combination should be unchanged at least for this game. Except the only change of Shahriar(due to injury) who will be replaced by Hannan.
I hope that Tarique will appear with the mood that he showed during the game against Zim A team as well as the Haanan will show his capabilities in the way that he did against the Ausies.

GOOD LUCK BD TEAM:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fire::fir e::fire::fire::fire::heart::heart::heart:

Warlock
March 11, 2004, 11:08 PM
How did Bidyut got hart in his BUTT, of all places! Good luck to Alok in the next ODI. He is a class act- I hope he settles down in that position.

Optimist
March 11, 2004, 11:52 PM
This man Shahriyar is sooo injury prone!!! He was out of the team mainly because of fitness problem.

shaheen
March 12, 2004, 02:29 AM
is there any possibility of rain in BD?
Then BD should field first and later they should chase for runs as the match may be shortened by that time

AGAIN GOOD LUCK BD CRICKET TEAM:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::tiger::ti ger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger:

shaheen
March 12, 2004, 02:31 AM
I meant rain in Harare???