PDA

View Full Version : Tamim Iqbal - IPL monitor thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

playmaker
March 30, 2012, 04:49 AM
Well, tamim is gonna play for Pune

So I think this deserves a thread.

TIK, you can do well! Inshallah! we are with you!

Maysun
March 30, 2012, 08:38 AM
Go Tamim!

Night_wolf
March 30, 2012, 09:59 AM
I almost opened this thread then thought how many matches will tamim play...

zinatf
March 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
Doesn't matter who opens it....as long as Tamim plays and gets runs....we are here to celebrate :D

azim71
March 30, 2012, 10:51 AM
with 11 foreign players in d team,will he get sufficient matches 2 prove himself?can he open as usual amidst d likes of ryder,ganguly,wade?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

BengaliPagol
March 30, 2012, 07:21 PM
It will be hard for him to get a consistent amount of games. He certainly will play about 3-4 games. The other international players in Pune Warriors are Michael Clarke, Callum Ferguson, Nathan McCullum, Angelo Matthews, Wayne Parnell, Jesse Ryder, Marlon Samuels, Graeme Smith and Steve Smith. From these crop of internatioal players the ones that would must likely be regular players are Graeme Smith, Marlon Samuels, Nathan McCullum/Angelo Matthews/Jesse Ryder.

The problem is that the top order lineup of Pune is already good. The top order for Pune would be Ganguly, Graeme Smith, Uthappa or maybe even Jesse Ryder and Michael Clarke (when he has finished the tour of West Indies). It wont be easy for Tamim to get a large amount of games in but i wish him all the best.

Navo
March 30, 2012, 07:30 PM
Isn't Angelo Matthews still injured? And doesn't Ryder have all those misdemeanors against his name??

Night_wolf
March 30, 2012, 09:31 PM
Isn't Angelo Matthews still injured? And doesn't Ryder have all those misdemeanors against his name??

i dont know about matthews's status of playing ipl but Ryder has been confirmed he'll play

Rabz
March 31, 2012, 01:29 AM
I just hope he gets a chance early on and capitalize on that.
It would be interested to see how he responds to a given situation.
He never had to fight for his spot in the Bangladesh team and has been an automatic choice.
Now that he is up against the best in the business from around the world, it would be a test of character for our flamboyant opener.

Show what you really made of.

Maysun
March 31, 2012, 04:01 AM
I read somewhere that Nathan McCullum bought out his contract, not sure though

pagol-chagol
March 31, 2012, 11:21 PM
Smith is out for season. Tamim will play a lot of games this year.
http://www.anandabazar.com/1khela4a.html

Ajfar
April 1, 2012, 12:54 AM

Matthews got called back for the 2nd test against England, so he must be fit I'm guessing.

Rabz
April 1, 2012, 04:10 AM
Smith is out for season. Tamim will play a lot of games this year.
http://www.anandabazar.com/1khela4a.html

Blessing in disguise for Tamim and Bangladeshi fans.
Hope they take another Bangladeshi as replacement.

Good luck to Smith with his swift recovery.

Equinox
April 1, 2012, 06:06 AM
A lucky break for Tamim indeed. I have a feeling Tamim might end up playing more than Shakib this season. KKR squad just looks too strong.

So one more overseas slot opens up for PWI. Hope they sign Mushy.

zinatf
April 1, 2012, 06:24 AM
A lucky break for Tamim indeed. I have a feeling Tamim might end up playing more than Shakib this season. KKR squad just looks too strong.

So one more overseas slot opens up for PWI. Hope they sign Mushy.

Gotobaro onek strong chilo.....pore dekha jai Shakib chara goti nai.....

Maysun
April 2, 2012, 03:18 AM
Will PWI go with Luke Wright as an opener? He did score a quick fire century in the Big Bash

Naimul_Hd
April 2, 2012, 07:31 AM
Tamim needs to perform well in the nets too.

playmaker
April 2, 2012, 11:41 AM
well, whatever happens, tamim needs to PERFORM and when I mean perform i mean performances like 40-70s at least regularly

If he score 75+ it will be awesome :E

mar umpire
April 3, 2012, 02:58 AM
Tamim needs to place a beer bottle laced with laxatives or anything actually near ryder, even the placebo effect will be enough to get rid of him
Take out Wade during fielding practice
Kick Clarke in the lower back-set for the season
SMith is already gone-wouldn't fancy going head to head with him
Reopen Callum ferguson's previous knee and nose injuries
Give Samuels details of the local bookie, his record isn't Mr Sheen clean
Injure Mathews' groin ( a few quick singles in practice should do it)

Then Pune have no choice but to play tamim. I think most english players are over-rated none of them have done that much in the IPL

At least I have two teams to follw might even folow Pune because I hate SRK quite a bit

godzilla
April 4, 2012, 01:07 AM
^ funny, real funny. how bout he just needs to perform and the rest will just fall into the right places

playmaker
April 4, 2012, 04:11 AM
Tamim needs to to get 3 good innings out of every 4 matches if he is to secure his place. If he gets something like 80 odd then we can say that he will free ticket for the rest of matches, ticket to play that is :D

Dilscoop
April 4, 2012, 06:53 PM
Any pictures? I haven't seen any pic of him or Shakib in IPL colors

playmaker
April 5, 2012, 11:28 AM
Pune Warriors coach Jeoff Marsh satisfied with Tamim Iqbal performence.
Punewarriors organised a practice match among their players yesterday night. In which Tamim scored 57 runs in 37 balls. Later on coach took him off to give other batsmans batting practice. Coach Jeoff Marsh seemed to be very satisfied with his batting and their is all possibilities for Tamim to play more no. of matches as Pune opener Graem smith is also out of the tournament after a injury.

Source: FB

which if is true then things look good for Tamim :)

Nadim
April 5, 2012, 02:07 PM
even cricinfo preview said he is the man to watch out for :D

roman
April 5, 2012, 02:19 PM
Pune Warriors coach Jeoff Marsh satisfied with Tamim Iqbal performence.
Punewarriors organised a practice match among their players yesterday night. In which Tamim scored 57 runs in 37 balls. Later on coach took him off to give other batsmans batting practice. Coach Jeoff Marsh seemed to be very satisfied with his batting and their is all possibilities for Tamim to play more no. of matches as Pune opener Graem smith is also out of the tournament after a injury.

Source: FB

which if is true then things look good for Tamim :)

This has made my day. Go Tamim

mufi_02
April 5, 2012, 02:21 PM
KKR bashing shesh hoitei na hoitei abar Pune re dhorlen. Can't wait for tomorrow and bash Pune for not picking Tamim.

Night_wolf
April 5, 2012, 02:22 PM
like roman bhai said

no tamim=no support for pune

Dilscoop
April 5, 2012, 02:24 PM
Tamim's been always rated highly by the Indians. And Shakib's been hugely underrated by them (except for Shakrulz).

Lot to do with his swagger, his attitude, his aggressive batting. IDK why they don't rate Shakib or why they are so blind. Shakib is just as much aggressive, but it's a different sort of aggression. And Shakib is much better cricketer than Tamim.

If you had the chance to mess around with, joke around with, who would you choose between the two? Exactly. Tamim'd probably slap the crap out of you.

Shakib needs to get some swag-G on.

mufi_02
April 5, 2012, 02:26 PM
like roman bhai said

no tamim=no support for pune

no BD players = no watching IPL

Equinox
April 5, 2012, 02:27 PM
Tamim's been always rated highly by the Indians. And Shakib's been hugely underrated by them (except for Shakrulz).

Lot to do with his swagger, his attitude, his aggressive batting. IDK why they don't rate Shakib or why they are so blind. Shakib is just as much aggressive, but it's a different sort of aggression. And Shakib is much better cricketer than Tamim.

If you had the chance to mess around with, joke around with, who would you choose between the two? Exactly. Tamim'd probably slap the crap out of you.

Shakib needs to get some swag-G on.
That's true I've noticed that too. But I have to disagree with your reasoning, I think it's simply because Tamim has more noteworthy innings v India than Shakib. Right from the agressive 50 in the WC to the 151 at the SBNS, Tamim has more or less always performed against them and that's why he has their attention. Same reason with England, you'll always hear their commentators talk about Tamim before Shakib.

Navo
April 5, 2012, 02:30 PM
I agree Dilscoop, India and England (commentators in particular) have always rated Tamim very highly. But the Indians can't forget TI's pasting of Zaheer Khan in 2007 or his 150+ against them in Tests and the English can't forget his back-to-back hundreds in Lords and Old Trafford.

Shakib's success seems like a misnomer to them because, to them, he is still just a 'utility player'.

simon
April 5, 2012, 02:35 PM
khelaibo naki shondeho, monitor pore dekhum me.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

mufi_02
April 5, 2012, 02:36 PM
But Shak is still miles ahead of Tamim. Don't get me wrong, I like TI very much too and he is a class player. But Shak is in another league. In the league, where we dare to consider if he is the best spinning AR of all time and compare him with Sobers, Kapil, Imran. We dare to compare him with them.

Night_wolf
April 5, 2012, 02:38 PM
But Shak is still miles ahead of Tamim. Don't get me wrong, I like TI very much too and he is a class player. But Shak is in another league. In the league, where we dare to consider if he is the best spinning AR of all time and compare him with Sobers, Kapil, Imran. We dare to compare him with them.

i agree shak is in a complete different league then other BD players...but not in the league of Sobers, kapil, imran, botham...not yet

simon
April 5, 2012, 02:39 PM
I agree Dilscoop, India and England (commentators in particular) have always rated Tamim very highly. But the Indians can't forget TI's pasting of Zaheer Khan in 2007 or his 150+ against them in Tests and the English can't forget his back-to-back hundreds in Lords and Old Trafford.

Shakib's success seems like a misnomer to them because, to them, he is still just a 'utility player'.

it's their(Indian fans) lack of knowledge or poor memory if they think Sakib is just a utility player
he was the MoM few days ago beating India,and before that match he got three fifties vs Ind i guess.

Equinox
April 5, 2012, 02:39 PM
Shakib is our best player and biggest match-winner but Tamim is the best batsman we've ever produced. He is the only batsman in the team who can score runs in different conditions around the world.

simon
April 5, 2012, 02:41 PM
i agree shak is in a complete different league then other BD players...but not in the league of Sobers, kapil, imran, botham...not yet

may be not yet but will be i am pretty sure, and will also end up with better achievements than some of them I am sure too.

MohammedC
April 5, 2012, 02:56 PM
What is IPL?

oronnya
April 5, 2012, 03:27 PM
I will just pray Tamim does justice to his name !! all the best ma boy !!!

Banglaguy
April 5, 2012, 04:48 PM
What is IPL?

Indian's Practising Levitation.

cricheart
April 5, 2012, 04:50 PM
I hope Tamim will proof "he is da best", anticipating to see more of his finger (4+) gesture in this tornament. Way to go TI.

Banglaguy
April 5, 2012, 04:52 PM
Players to watch
As Warriors ponder their overseas combination, they will find it hard to overlook Tamim Iqbal. The stylish Bangladesh opening batsman had a dream Asia Cup. He was controversially omitted at the start of the tournament but snubbed his detractors with four fifties, including 60 in the final. The pleasure of his off-side strokes, the poise and follow-through would make his captain proud.

Cricinfo.

mar umpire
April 5, 2012, 07:55 PM
^ funny, real funny. how bout he just needs to perform and the rest will just fall into the right places

That's how it should be but this is the IPL
The IPL is all about corruption, underhand dealings
It's survival of the........I was going to say fittest but Jesse Ryder is still alive, so is ramesh pawar

IPL is the cricket version of all things dodgy

BPL in comparison had much better team selections and games in general.

Bashing KKR is more fun than supporting them, agree with mufi but hope they choose tamim but i don't believe anything they say

zinatf
April 5, 2012, 08:26 PM
Tamim khelle PWI ke cheer korbo....tamim ke nile kono cheer nai....who cares PWI....it's our player that we care most :)

Ajfar
April 5, 2012, 08:55 PM
The sad thing is at the end of the day we actually support all the IPL teams, even though we say we don't. When Shakib or Tamim will play we will support Pune and Kolkata, but when they don't play we still watch the game and support the other team so that the team that didn't pick our player lose. So at the end of the day at IPL wins.

playmaker
April 5, 2012, 08:58 PM
The reason why we are so eager to follow the performance of these 2 is because they are the only ones from our country to look forward to. We dont give a damn really about IPL or any of the team, all we want is to see our boys in action. We can see some ordinary spinners playing when guys like nasir, sunny, lalla arent played.

We see shakib being benched even despite his SUPERLATIVE performance in Asia Cup and BPL. One doesnt get such TAGS just by one or two performances. They perform in pretty much all the matches. He is 1 of the best players at world cricket at present and you drop him to play whom? Lungi? Lee? He has become ordinary nowadays. Kallis? Ar boltum na. McCullum? What has he done recently

playmaker
April 5, 2012, 09:00 PM
The sad thing is at the end of the day we actually support all the IPL teams, even though we say we don't. When Shakib or Tamim will play we will support Pune and Kolkata, but when they don't play we still watch the game and support the other team so that the team that didn't pick our player lose. So at the end of the day at IPL wins.

ofcourse because we would be happy that the team management picked our players. We can at least give the team that respect

BengaliPagol
April 5, 2012, 09:06 PM
i want Shakib to be as well known as players such as Michael Clarke, Jacques Kallis etc. I hope the IPL allows him to accomplish that. I dont want the fact that since he is from 'Bangladesh' it prohibits him to be a well known player.

al-Sagar
April 6, 2012, 02:14 AM
tamim will play today ...

no doubt

hbk619
April 6, 2012, 05:14 AM
oh nice this time tamim is not playing...

playmaker
April 6, 2012, 05:16 AM
They where talking so much about tamim and that he was def. gonna play but where is he now?
ferguson and smith playing ahead of tamim? he even did well in the practice match

Boomerang
April 6, 2012, 05:16 AM
Wow steve smith for tamim iqbal. R they kidding??????????

al-Sagar
April 6, 2012, 05:25 AM
the aussies preferred over tamim .... pune will sink big time today .... go mumbai go .... shrink the warriors

shiplu
April 6, 2012, 05:25 AM
No Tamim, TV Off.

Boomerang
April 6, 2012, 05:36 AM
So they failed at the start. The poor panday i guess never seen malinga that way. Would have been a different story if tamim was there. feeling sorry for THEM.

mar umpire
April 6, 2012, 05:58 AM
the aussies preferred over tamim .... pune will sink big time today .... go mumbai go .... shrink the warriors

Ditto here
I thought they wouldn't pick him, that's the way the IPL operates. It's got nothing to do with performance, all about the theatre. So much for tamim doing everything and everything falling into place

Hope PWI get crushed
In fact I don't think Tamim or shakib would get a decent go wherever they played. Same with doeschate-the guy has been the most consistent performer with the bat for KKR

zinatf
April 6, 2012, 06:18 AM
Who cares for PWI/KKR anyways? All we care for are our players Tamim/Shakib....if they gets selected....we cheer for PWI/KKR if they don't....boo!!

I know it hurts, but there's nothing else to be done....

playmaker
April 6, 2012, 06:25 AM
PWI - 67/4 from 11.3 overs :lol:

If tami was there he alone wudve scored 67 runs

mar umpire
April 6, 2012, 06:27 AM
They've surpassed KKR which is why I'm worried. They might get into triple figures with the form of Uthappa and the "anchor role" SPD smith was chosen to carry out it seems

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2012, 07:50 AM
Tamim khelle PWI ke cheer korbo....tamim ke nile kono cheer nai....who cares PWI....it's our player that we care most :)
Exactly. Ki shob Ganguly Manguly Pandey Fandey ke namaise. No Tamim no support.

Ajfar
April 6, 2012, 09:09 AM
Damn pune actually managed to beat mumbai? How did this dinda guy picked up 4 wicket, koyek din age na mushy aietare badam dilo

Tiger444
April 6, 2012, 09:10 AM
Damn pune actually managed to beat mumbai? How did this dinda guy picked up 4 wicket, koyek din age na mushy aietare badam dilo

Shakib not Mushfiq

mufi_02
April 6, 2012, 09:16 AM
Dinda is the best pacer in India. Case closed. Please don't argue.

Tiger444
April 6, 2012, 09:22 AM
I thought Pune took 1 too many foreign middle order batsmen. Smith and Samuels proved to be effective but not Ferguson. So hopefully they decide to give Tamim a chance but he's going to have to go up against Ryder.

zsayeed
April 6, 2012, 09:39 AM
Dinda is the best pacer in India. Case closed. Please don't argue.

:up:........................ (http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/555902.html)

Deja Vu post. One Match does not make a pauper.

I told you guys that Dinda is the best pacer at the moment in India as per Ganguly (http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/555902.html). He has a phenomenal domestic record, I think like 59 wickets in 9 matches this season, of which 22 came in the Dulip Trophy in 3 matches. :)

zsayeed
April 6, 2012, 09:41 AM
PWI - 67/4 from 11.3 overs :lol:

If tami was there he alone wudve scored 67 runs

How can you be so sure of this type of what-if analysis? I don't get it. You are a bit too hyperbolic.

senman
April 6, 2012, 11:04 AM
Ask Tamim to seek advise from Dada, even-though Tamim is good he can learn how to convert his 50s to 100s. Sourav is one of the best Captain we had. MSD is a fantastic captain but Dada can produce miracles from nothing as he has shown today where he is given a free hand in captaincy (unlike KKR )

Dilscoop
April 6, 2012, 03:12 PM
Good thing I didn't know that Pune was playing today...

Dilscoop
April 6, 2012, 03:14 PM
Just checked the score. Damn Dhin-dha! Dada inspired.

zsayeed
April 6, 2012, 03:42 PM
Just checked the score. Damn Dhin-dha! Dada inspired.

Dhinake Dhinake Dha!

Navo
April 6, 2012, 03:48 PM
Dhin-da's dhindhindi

Leafs PWN
April 6, 2012, 03:50 PM
This is why the league is losing viewers.

People wanna see proper crickets play cricketers. We don't care about your after parties, and ****.

What a corrupt and disgraceful league this is. Player merit has no value at all.

Just have a western passport, and you've got yourself a spot.

BCCI and all of its affiliates are a joke.

BengaliPagol
April 6, 2012, 08:58 PM
I guess Steve Smith has secured his spot in the team. Same as Marlon Samuels. I guess Wayne Parnell will stay in the team also.

The way Tamim can get into the team is if he replaces Callum Ferguson. But Jesse Ryder will also fight to get into the team.

I still dont understand why Wayne Parnell was batting at no. 3. :confused:

Rabz
April 7, 2012, 01:07 AM
PW have won on the back of their good bowling but their batting wasn't that encouraging.
Its just the first game and they also need to be find the right combination.
Ganguly expressed the need for a stronger top order in the post match ceremony.
We might see Tamim from the very next game.

kalpurush
April 7, 2012, 03:24 AM
This is why the league is losing viewers.

People wanna see proper crickets play cricketers. We don't care about your after parties, and ****.

What a corrupt and disgraceful league this is. Player merit has no value at all.

Just have a western passport, and you've got yourself a spot.

BCCI and all of its affiliates are a joke.
Ha! Ha!! Joto dush, nondo ghush!!!

Regarding Tamim's selection, BCCI has no business here. It's Pune management who picked up their playing XI, not BCCI.

As a fan, we have every right to be upset. But, we can't blame BCCI or India for what Jodu or Modhu does, or can we?

And Tamim could have scored a golla or so too, no? ;)

Dilscoop
April 7, 2012, 03:27 AM
At the end of the day Pune won and that's all counts for them.

Tigers_eye
April 7, 2012, 05:36 AM
Kudos to Pune Mgmt for at least selecting/contracting Tamim.

Boomerang
April 7, 2012, 07:48 AM
Ha! Ha!! Joto dush, nondo ghush!!!

Regarding Tamim's selection, BCCI has no business here. It's Pune management who picked up their playing XI, not BCCI.

As a fan, we have every right to be upset. But, we can't blame BCCI or India for what Jodu or Modhu does, or can we?

And Tamim could have scored a golla or so too, no? ;)

Rightly said! if tamim would have scored golla where do we stand. It is their private league, they have every right to select whom they wish even if he is a newbie, they don't take money from us so they least bother. You see how kkr rejected ganguly from their team even after knowing that they will lose bulk of the support. But those businessmen very well knew that these normal people have a very short memory they will forget all the issues and will sit for hours in rain affected match just to watch their team getting thrashed. :hairpull:

Navo
April 7, 2012, 11:18 AM
A friend of mine from Kolkata will be going to see the Pune vs Kolkata match on 5th may in Eden Gardens. Needless to say him and many others like him will be supporting Dada (and even TI to an extent) and they have already started bad mouthing 'the mumbai owned' kolkata team vs. 'the real kolkata team' lol

Habib
April 7, 2012, 10:15 PM
^Navo bhai, a bit off topic but what's the story behind your sig?

zinatf
April 7, 2012, 10:21 PM
Same goes for Tamim, if he plays today then all the support goes for PWI and if he doesn't...not interested in this match :D

Rabz
April 8, 2012, 12:25 AM
^^ If he is not playing, coming back in this thread to curse PW and Dada :D

Night_wolf
April 8, 2012, 12:40 AM
^^ If he is not playing, coming back in this thread to curse PW and Dada :D

dada always says good things about bangladesh rabz bhai,spare him but crush pune:D

Rabz
April 8, 2012, 02:30 AM
^^ Well, all talks but no action ??
Only good words but when it comes to picking Bangladeshi player, if he is inactive, then it might all be just playing both sides.

Lets see what happens today.

patriot
April 8, 2012, 02:48 AM
Cricinfo says there is a good chance Tamim might play but I am not too keen to believe their armchair reporters.

If he does play , the likes of Praveen 'Mushfiques Bunny' Kumar , JP ' Hit me for sixes' Faulker and Piyush 'most number of sixes in IPL' Chawla should be cannon fodder for Tamim unless he has those occasional brain farts.

mar umpire
April 8, 2012, 04:53 AM
i think cricinfo responded to the avalanche of bangali supporters attacking the teams and asking where's TIK and SAH lol

they're probably scared their office will get bricked or smething

Nadim
April 8, 2012, 04:55 AM
If Tamim doesn't play today, his chance of playing will go down even more as A. Matthew is available from next PW game.

BengaliPagol
April 8, 2012, 05:20 AM
i think cricinfo responded to the avalanche of bangali supporters attacking the teams and asking where's TIK and SAH lol

they're probably scared their office will get bricked or smething

Yeah i even commented. I can imagine how much commentary feedback cricinfo will receive. But crapinfo being crapinfo they will not post even one of the 10000 comments they will receive about Shakib not playing in todays game.

rubel_18
April 8, 2012, 05:24 AM
Honestly speaking if someone who has proven himself in the IPL doesnt get picked regularly - Shakib, then how the hell is Tamim gonna get a chance for Pune, I dont see Tamim get a game until later on when they start experimenting the lineups

AMD128
April 8, 2012, 06:49 AM
KKR disappointed yet again. Hope Pune doesn't disappoint. :/

mar umpire
April 8, 2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah i even commented. I can imagine how much commentary feedback cricinfo will receive. But crapinfo being crapinfo they will not post even one of the 10000 comments they will receive about Shakib not playing in todays game.

Lol yeah they never publish what I write there probably because it is not not in favour of the indian media and players

Boomerang
April 8, 2012, 09:05 AM
now tamim not playing

amar11432
April 8, 2012, 09:07 AM
Tamim will get max 2 games out of 14 games (if that), He is there mainly to be a bench warmer

Purbasha T
April 8, 2012, 09:10 AM
No Tamim? Thank you, I'm off for Arsenal vs Man City.

Tigers_eye
April 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
What is being monitored here? how many times he bites his nails? Do they keep stats of that as well?

Polapain khali ajaira lafai. Fao taka paitasey and keeping himself match ready. Be happy with that. What happened last year? Warming sofa at his house and getting a big fat belly. Much better than that at least.

AMD128
April 8, 2012, 09:30 AM
Tamim & Shakib should just come back home & rest. Get themselves ready for the Friends Life T20. Atleast they aren't underestimated over there. Shakib is likely to play for Northamptonshire. Tamim hasn't been picked by any team yet.

Roni_uk
April 8, 2012, 09:36 AM
I don't think either Tamim or Shakib would mind not playing as long as they are getting paid. IPL is all about money, if you can make money without any pain, then what more would you want :)...

I say keep them resting for the matches matters the most to them and the fans and keep those pay cheques coming :)

Ajfar
April 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
If Tamim doesn't play today, his chance of playing will go down even more as A. Matthew is available from next PW game.

Yup you are right nadim. Any team will take Mathews in a heartbeat. Tamims inclusion depends on how badly ryder fails at the top of the order

zinatf
April 8, 2012, 09:54 AM
Ryder douraite parena kisuna....ebar dekhbone....Tamim ke na neyar fol!

fuadomar
April 8, 2012, 10:03 AM
Yup you are right nadim. Any team will take Mathews in a heartbeat. Tamims inclusion depends on how badly ryder fails at the top of the order
Anjelo can only bat. Due to his injury he can't bowl for 6 months or so. I think I read it recently.

Tehsin
April 8, 2012, 10:04 AM
8 runs off 8 balls for Tamim's replacement. IN any case, Better that he is at the nets regularly rather then being home doing nothing at all. On top of that, the $$ for sitting around is good. As for myself, I get to use my Sunday morning not watching crap cricket.

Night_wolf
April 8, 2012, 10:51 AM

i read somewhere that matthews is carrying an injury and cant bowl..so he will play only as a batsman..so if matthews can't bowl do him or tamim gives more value for money?

if you not be biased even a srilankan would support tamim is a better batsman then matthews

zsayeed
April 8, 2012, 11:06 AM
Angelo did not bowl in the recently ended SL-ENG 2nd test. In his interview he said that he will not bowl.

Navo
April 8, 2012, 11:34 AM
King's XI have always been a poor team but it's sad to see Gilchrist struggle like this. Some commentary classics though:

- Marlon Samuels being called Marlon Brando
- Ravi Shastri & Danny Morrison: good thing we're not umpires!

Navo
April 8, 2012, 11:46 AM
Zsayeed bhai, Dinda is not skinny at all. He's actually pretty well built. Compare his arms to Shafiul's!

Night_wolf
April 8, 2012, 11:54 AM
zsayeed bhai shouldn't you discuss about dinda in match thread..

zsayeed
April 8, 2012, 12:09 PM
There is a match thread?

Night_wolf
April 8, 2012, 12:22 PM
^http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=40616

zsayeed
April 8, 2012, 12:29 PM
^:) .................................

Dilscoop
April 8, 2012, 12:56 PM
Wow didn't know pune was playing. tamim didn't get picked either. But at least they are winning so can't complain.

TigerEz
April 8, 2012, 01:00 PM
under ganguly as captain..any one can win.;

zsayeed
April 8, 2012, 02:55 PM
How about getting him as coach?

cricheart
April 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
Ryder better than Tamim?! I can understand why kkr management skipping Shakib as he was tried b4 and well knowleledged about his ability. But how an inform opener sitting in dug out waiting to play his 1st IPL match!
PWI in winning streak also; after M Clarke joins the team, I dont think TI will be consider for later part of the tournament anyway.

al-Sagar
April 8, 2012, 09:59 PM
pune so far got the wins beccause their bowlers performed.

samuels and smith did well so far.

ryder, ferguson can be replaced by tamim if they think they need some stability in the top order ....

hoodlum
April 9, 2012, 09:34 AM
সাকিব-তামিমের মন ভালো নেই

ঢাকা: পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্স থেকে ফোন পাওয়ার পর সে কি খুশি তামিম ইকবালের। যে দিন চুক্তি হয় সেদিন আবেগ আপ্লুত হয়ে পড়েছিলেন। আইপিএলে খেলার সুযোগ পাওয়া তার কাছে অনেক বড় একটা অর্জন মনে হয়েছিলো। তখন একবারের জন্যও মনে আসেনি পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সে তার দিনগুলো দুর্বিসহ হয়ে উঠতে পারে।

প্রথম কয়েকটা দিন অবশ্য ভালো গেছে, দল বেঁধে অনুশীলনে যাওয়া, মুম্বাই সমূদ্র সৈকত দর্শন, ফুটপাতের পাওভাঁজি, ফুসকা-চটপটি আর গোলা আইসক্রিমসহ সুস্বাদু সব খাবার খেয়ে আনন্দেই ছিলেন। প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচে ৩৭ বলে ৫৭ রান করা। কোচের কাছ থেকে ধন্যবাদ পাওয়ার মুহূর্তগুলো মনে ধরেছিলো। খেলা শুরুর আগের কয়েকটা দিন বাদ দিলে তামিমের কাছে এখন প্রতিটি মুহূর্তই পীড়াদায়কই হওয়ার কথা।

পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্স দুটো ম্যাচ খেলে দুটোতেই জিতেছে। ওই জয়ের অংশিদার হওয়ার সৌভাগ্য তামিমের হয়নি। খেলা দূরে থাক দলের সাথেও নেওয়া হয় না। হোটেলে বসে টিভিতে খেলা দেখেন। সোমবার মোবাইলফোনে কুশল জানতে চাওয়া হলে আবেগাপ্লুত হয়ে পড়েন,‘ভালো থাকি কি করে। আমি এখনো তো দলের অংশই হতে পারিনি। দলের সাথে স্টেডিয়ামেও যাচ্ছি না। হোটেলে থাকি। খেলা থাকে প্র্যাকটিসের সুযোগ কম। বসে থাকতে ভালো লাগছে না।’

অথচ যাওয়ার আগের রাতে বাংলানিউজকে এক সাক্ষাৎকারে তামিম বলেছিলেন,‘আমার বিশ্বাস খেলতে পারবো। তারা যখন আমাকে দলে নিয়েছে তখন নিশ্চয়ই খেলাবে। সব কিছু বিচার বিশ্লেষণ করেই নিয়েছে।’

ওসব এখন স্মৃতি। সব কিছু তো মানুষের মনোপুত: হয় না। তাই বলে এশিয়া কাপের অন্যতম সেরা ব্যাটসম্যানকে এভাবে দিনাতিপাত করতে হবে? আইপিএলে প্রতীক্ষার অবসান হলেও উপেক্ষার অবসান কবে হবে তামিমের নিজেও জানেন না,‘জানি না কি হবে। থাকি দেখাযাক কি হয়। এখনো তো অনেক ম্যাচ বাকি।’

তামিমের চেয়ে একটু ভালো অবস্থায় আছেন সাকিব আল হাসান। ক্রিকেট দুনিয়ার শীর্ষ অলরাউন্ডারকে একাদশে না রাখলেও ডাগআউটে রাখে। অন্তত দলের সাথে মাঠে বসে খেলা দেখার সুযোগ হয়। যদিও কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্স দুই ম্যাচ খেলে এখনো কোন জয় পায়নি। সাকিবকে না খেলানোর সিদ্ধান্ত যে ভুল ভারতীয় ধারাভাষ্যকার রবী শাস্ত্রীর কথাতে পরিষ্কার। রোববার ভারতের একটি টিভি চ্যানেলে কলকতার কোচ এবং টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টকে ধুয়ে দিয়েছেন তিনি। কলকাতাতেও সাকিবের সমর্থন বাড়ছে। কেন বিশ্বের একনম্বর অলরাউন্ডারকে খেলাচ্ছে না, তা নিয়ে সাধারণ দর্শকদের মনেও প্রশ্ন। খোদ দলের ভেতরে সাকিবকে না খেলানোর বিষয়ে দ্বিধাবিভক্ত হয়ে গেছেন খেলোয়াড়রা।

আগেরবার যে কয়টি ম্যাচ খেলার সুযোগ পেয়েছিলেন তাতে সাকিবের বোলিং পারপফরমেন্স দারুণ। এবার তো আরও ফর্মে, এশিয়া কাপের সেরা খেলোয়াড়। কলকাতা যাওয়ার আগে যতবারই তাকে জিঞ্জেস করা হয়েছে আপনার লক্ষ্য কি? উত্তরে বলেছেন,‘অবশ্যই সবগুলো ম্যাচ খেলা এবং ভালো পারফরমেন্স করা। দুটো ম্যাচের অতিরিক্ত তালিকায় থাকার পর সে স্বপ্ন উবে গেছে। এখন খেলার সুযোগ পেলেই হয়। মোবাইলফোনে বলছিলেন,‘আমি খেলার জন্য প্রস্তুত আছি। যখনই সুযোগ পাবো চেষ্টা করবো সেরাটা খেলার। মাত্র তো দুটো ম্যাচ গেছে। ভালো ফর্মে আছি। প্রথম থেকেই খেলার জন্য মুখিয়ে ছিলাম। যাইহোক সুযোগের অপেক্ষায় আছি। দেখাযাক কি হয়।’

Source (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=702fb566f6e5b25dd90ed7a2c709d 13c&nttl=09042012102791)

zsayeed
April 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
I guess people are right then:
from daily star (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/pages.php?id=04)
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/pollll.jpg

Nadim
April 9, 2012, 10:09 AM
What is being monitored here? how many times he bites his nails? Do they keep stats of that as well?

Polapain khali ajaira lafai. Fao taka paitasey and keeping himself match ready. Be happy with that. What happened last year? Warming sofa at his house and getting a big fat belly. Much better than that at least.

murobbi, polapaingula kintu shudu shudu chillay na. pls read this below.

[বাংলা]ওই জয়ের অংশিদার হওয়ার সৌভাগ্য তামিমের হয়নি। খেলা দূরে থাক দলের সাথেও নেওয়া হয় না। হোটেলে বসে টিভিতে খেলা দেখেন। সোমবার মোবাইলফোনে কুশল জানতে চাওয়া হলে আবেগাপ্লুত হয়ে পড়েন,‘ভালো থাকি কি করে। আমি এখনো তো দলের অংশই হতে পারিনি। দলের সাথে স্টেডিয়ামেও যাচ্ছি না। হোটেলে থাকি। খেলা থাকে প্র্যাকটিসের সুযোগ কম। বসে থাকতে ভালো লাগছে না।’
[/বাংলা]

They don't even take him to the ground?? How sad :sick:

zsayeed
April 9, 2012, 10:22 AM
Did he do anything to upset the team mates?

oronnya
April 9, 2012, 10:33 AM
Did he do anything to upset the team mates?

Yeah, he is a Bangladeshi and it seems that's enough to upset his team mates :(

roman
April 9, 2012, 10:50 AM
I just don't understand why they don't take Tamim to the ground. That's not the way to treat your players. Being Bangladeshi is just not enough evidence for me. We have seen Mash, Ash, Raj in IPL before but none were left out by their teams like Pune is doing with Tamim...

I just hope that this kind of treatment from Pune won't damage Tamim's confidence..

Tiger444
April 9, 2012, 10:55 AM
Wow no wonder I haven't seen him yet in the games. I was actually going to ask yesterday that where is Tamim? I mean I've seen Shakib on the bench but Tamim's nowhere to be found. That's really strange. Hopefully everything is going okay.

zinatf
April 9, 2012, 11:13 AM
egulo beshi beshi hochche....barabari....haire BAngladesher tag.....t20-world cup-e eder abaro nakani chubani diye harano uchit....

Night_wolf
April 9, 2012, 11:25 AM
tamim hotel e khaia khaia mota na hoile hoy

AsifTheManRahman
April 9, 2012, 11:39 AM
Before we make a huge deal out of this, my understanding is that every franchise brings a certain number of players (let's say the top 15) to the ground on a given match day. I know this is true of away games (i.e. the rest are left at home and don't even get on the plane), not entirely sure how it works for home games. The point is, if it weren't Tamim, it would have been someone else staying back at the hotel; and I'm sure he's not the only player from the Pune squad having to stay back. All that we can conclude from this is that the management hasn't considered him as someone good enough to be in the top X (let's say 15) yet.

Navo
April 9, 2012, 11:53 AM
As Nekre said, as long as he isn't trying to eat his way out of depression.

zsayeed
April 9, 2012, 06:51 PM
Kaler Kontho
http://www.kalerkantho.com/epaper/2012/04/10/newspaper/images/11_102.jpg
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/11_1021.jpg

Purbasha T
April 10, 2012, 04:35 AM
I dreamt last night Tamim was picked for a match and was going bonkers in the middle with fours/sixes!!! And also that Shakib was picked but in that case, Cricinfo's commentary was going bonkers.. taking me to some old last years' match scorecard everytime.

Now the latter is a realistic possibility!! :-p

zinatf
April 10, 2012, 05:04 AM
^^lol!! Hope all this becomes true :D

mar umpire
April 10, 2012, 05:09 AM
Hope KKR lose

simon
April 10, 2012, 05:15 AM
[QUOTE=zsayeed;1510067]Kaler Kontho
http://www.kalerkantho.com/epaper/2012/04/10/newspaper/images/11_102.jpg

this is really disgusting from Pune & KKR.
Pune not even letting TI practice with the squad,keeping him in the hotel? :mad:
Sakib not picked in KKR after two defeats. :o
Some people saying Sakib should switch teams next year, HOW CAN WE BE SO SURE THAT in other Teams he won't be ignored the same way? :o

BengaliPagol
April 10, 2012, 05:15 AM
hope kkr lose

what but shakib is playing for kkr!

BANFAN
April 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
How to monitor his IPL performance, while all his performance is inside the hotel rooms...he isn't even within first 17...

Equinox
April 11, 2012, 06:58 PM
Tamim should not be complaining. He is competing against some very good T20 players with an abysmal T20 record. On top of that Pune are winning so why would they want to change their line-up? I think it's good for Tamim to experience, probably for the first time, what it feels like to not be guaranteed a place in the playing XI. He is quite a reactionary player and loves to prove his critics wrong so hopefully this spurs him on to perform even better on the world stage. Shakib on the other hand should have been playing from the start. He too needs to perform and earn a bigger role for himself in the team. Didn't like his anxiety in the last match. He should know who he is and what he is capable of.

tiger_army
April 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
তামিম হোটেলে দল চণ্ডিগড়ে

রেটিং :

2.38%

গড় রেটিং:

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 90px; HEIGHT: 25px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; scrollbars: no; scrolling: no" src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.samakal.com.bd%2Fde tails.php%3Fnews%3D18%26action%3Dmain%26menu_type% 3D%26option%3Dsingle%26news_id%3D251502%26pub_no%3 D1021%26type%3D&layout=button_count&show_faces=false&width=100&action=like&font=arial&layout=button_count" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no scrollbars="no"></IFRAME> (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/#)<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 108px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1333526973.html#_=1334194818682&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.samakal.com.bd%2Fdetails .php%3Fnews%3D18%26action%3Dmain%26menu_type%3D%26 option%3Dsingle%26news_id%3D251502%26pub_no%3D1021 %26type%3D&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.samakal.com.bd%2 Fdetails.php%3Fnews%3D18%26action%3Dmain%26menu_ty pe%3D%26option%3Dsingle%26news_id%3D251502%26pub_n o%3D1021%26type%3D&size=m&text=%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B2 %20%3A%3A%20%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BF%E 0%A6%AE%20%E0%A6%B9%E0%A7%8B%E0%A6%9F%E0%A7%87%E0% A6%B2%E0%A7%87%20%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%B2%20%E0%A6%9A%E0 %A6%A3%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%A1%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%97%E0%A7%9 C%E0%A7%87%20%3A%3A%3A&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.samakal.com.bd%2Fdetails.php% 3Fnews%3D18%26action%3Dmain%26menu_type%3D%26optio n%3Dsingle%26news_id%3D251502%26pub_no%3D1021%26ty pe%3D%23.T4YygftwT54.twitter" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME> (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/#) (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/#)

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=xa-4d68a4d368232b5e"></SCRIPT><!-- AddThis Button END -->

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক
আইপিএলে কিংস ইলেভেন পাঞ্জাবের বিপক্ষে আজ পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের খেলা। খবরটি শুনলেই যে প্রশ্নটি সবার আগে চলে আসবে, তার উত্তর হচ্ছে 'না'। এ ম্যাচেও পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের হয়ে খেলা হচ্ছে না বাংলাদেশি দূত তামিম ইকবালের। তাকে পুনের হোটেলে রেখেই সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলি দল নিয়ে চণ্ডিগড় গেছেন কাল। সেখানে দলের সঙ্গে আসা নতুন বিদেশি ক্রিকেটার অ্যাঞ্জেলা ম্যাথিউস গেলেও নেই তামিম ইকবাল। তার সঙ্গে আরেক বিদেশি অ্যালফেন্সো থমাসকেও হোটেলে রেখে যাওয়া হয়েছে। ভারতীয় মিডিয়ার খবর_ পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সে ব্যাকআপ ওপেনার হিসেবে দলে রাখা হয়েছে তামিমকে। তাদের প্রথম পছন্দের বিদেশি ওপেনার নিউজিল্যান্ডের জেসি রাইডার। তিনি যতদিন সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলির সঙ্গে ব্যর্থ্য না হন, ততদিন তামিমকে এভাবেই হোটেলে বসে দলের খেলা দেখতে হবে। কিন্তু এভাবে বসে থাকতে কি কারও ভালো লাগে? ব্যাপারটি আঁচ করতে পেরেই চণ্ডিগড় রওনা দেওয়ার আগে একদিন তামিমকে নিয়ে ডিনার করিয়েছিলেন অধিনায়ক সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলি। এ মুহূর্তে টানা দুটি ম্যাচ জিতে ফুরফুরে মেজাজে থাকা গাঙ্গুলি তামিমকে বোঝাতে পেরেছেন, দলের উইনিং কম্বিনেশন ভাঙতে চাচ্ছেন না তিনি। সে কারণেই তামিমকে অপেক্ষা করতে হচ্ছে। তবে এখনও আসরের ১৪টি ম্যাচ বাকি। তামিম তাই ম্যাচ খেলার আশা ছাড়ছেন না। পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের নতুন স্টেডিয়ামে প্রতিদিন অনুশীলন করছেন আর সময় পেলেই সাকিবের সঙ্গে ফোনে যোগাযোগ করছেন।
পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের টেন্টে আছেন ৩০ জন ক্রিকেটার। দলের সঙ্গে মুভ করতে পারেন মাত্র ১৭ জন। বাকিদের হোটেলেই রেখে যাওয়া হয়। প্রথম ম্যাচের সময় দলের সঙ্গে মুম্বাই নিয়ে যাওয়া হলেও এরপর থেকেই হোটেলে রাখা হচ্ছে তামিমকে। তবে টেন্টে থেকেও তামিম নিজের পেশাদারিত্বের পরিচয় রেখে যাচ্ছেন। কোনো অভিযোগ নেই তার না খেলার জন্য। কলকাতার একটি দৈনিকের খবর, পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্স যেভাবে একের পর এক ম্যাচ জিতে চলেছে, তাতে দ্বিতীয় রাউন্ডে ওঠার টার্গেট করেছেন সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলি। আর এ জন্য অন্তত আটটি ম্যাচ তাদের জিততে হবে। সেটি নিশ্চিত হয়ে গেলে দল নিয়ে কিছু পরীক্ষা চালাবে ওয়ারিয়র্স। সেখানে হয়তো ঘুরিয়ে- ফিরিয়ে অনেককে খেলানো হবে। তামিমকে খেলানো নিয়ে ভারতীয় মিডিয়ায় তেমন কথা না উঠলেও সাকিবকে নিয়ে ঝড় উঠে গিয়েছিল। শেষ ম্যাচটিতে সাকিবকে নামানোয় কলকাতার দৈনিকগুলোতে নাইট রাইডার্স টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের প্রশংসা করা হয়েছে।

Rabz
April 12, 2012, 12:27 AM
Need Ryder to flop big time.
Golden Duck and concede 30 runs in 2 overs if given the ball.
Need Gangu to flop.
Need Warrriors to lose big time.
Total humiliation.
This winning isn't helping our boy.

Break the winning, no question of combination then.

riankhan
April 12, 2012, 01:23 AM
Need Ryder to flop big time.
Golden Duck and concede 30 runs in 2 overs if given the ball.
Need Gangu to flop.
Need Warrriors to lose big time.
Total humiliation.
This winning isn't helping our boy.

Break the winning, no question of combination then.

Pune is now paying the price picking TI ;)

mufi_02
April 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
Angelo Matthews just came from SL and immediately in the playing XI. Tamim is still in the hotel.

zinatf
April 12, 2012, 09:51 AM
Samuels can play whereas Tamim can't......:facepalm:

On top of that....this Ryder has been a FLOP since day 1.....

dolcevita
April 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
Samuels can play whereas Tamim can't......:facepalm:

On top of that....this Ryder has been a FLOP since day 1.....

Samuel can bowls...and have to say he has bowled well

roman
April 12, 2012, 10:13 AM
Samuel can bowls...and have to say he has bowled well
So can Ryder. He got few wickets too

oronnya
April 12, 2012, 10:25 AM
Seriously our boys should be all charged up from all these ill treatment and should continue to win all the matches this year.. The team spirit should be exactly the way they had in Asia Cup .. The more theyt win the more respect they will earn...

I just love our team.. They are so supportive to each other..Our boys looks soo comfortable when they play for the country.. Hate this IPL !! Our boys are far better than this faltu IPL.. When the big shots fail everyone says it just a bad day if our boys fail it's like oh we knew it:mad: .. fortget it I am not expecting any Shakib/Tamim show.. IPL is just hurting their confidence level.. HATE THAT !!!

roman
April 12, 2012, 10:33 AM
Actually I am getting little aggravated to see all these "they hate Bangladeshi or Bangladeshi Tag has a curse" type comments. Guys its IPL. Its their league..The team management has all the rights to pick the best possible combination. They might not be right all the time but its THEIR team. They can pick any jodu modu kodu they like to pick. Why do we have to be so enraged about it?

We have seen players like Symond, Mcgrath and many other famous international players not making it to the playing XI. And For the record, Tamim is not all that in T20.

I would love to see Tamim play well in IPL and prove his critics wrong. But thats something we have no control over. So let us all stay calm and enjoy this IPL circus..

dash
April 12, 2012, 10:44 AM
tamim aint even in the frame luke wright will replace rider if required, then ferguson

tiger_army
April 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
Actually I am getting little aggravated to see all these "they hate Bangladeshi or Bangladeshi Tag has a curse" type comments. Guys its IPL. Its their league..The team management has all the rights to pick the best possible combination. They might not be right all the time but its THEIR team. They can pick any jodu modu kodu they like to pick. Why do we have to be so enraged about it?

We have seen players like Symond, Mcgrath and many other famous international players not making it to the playing XI. And For the record, Tamim is not all that in T20.

I would love to see Tamim play well in IPL and prove his critics wrong. But thats something we have no control over. So let us all stay calm and enjoy this IPL circus..

valo bolsen, amra shudhu shudhu eto uttejoto hoye jai keno bujhina...Brad hodge played an match winning innings against KKR then he was benched yesterday... Dilshan is sitting on bench, JP Duminny is sitting on bench, Tait is sitting on bench, Dirk nannes sitting on bench. These are really good IPL players. So we can just complain about Tamim here. tamim might be in a good form but T20 is a defferent kind of games. And he will get his chance. People should calm down.

oronnya
April 12, 2012, 10:55 AM

Yeah it's their team and they have all the right to decide their team combination but Tamim is our boy and we have every right to criticize their decision when we know Tamim wouldn't have done worse than what the other star members of his team is doing..

Honestly I don't care much about this IPL and I don't even want our players to go to IPL..but it makes me sad when I see our best players are looking out of sort and losing their confidence.. Yes Symond, Mcgrath and many others have been benched but I can't think of a good reason why KKR would bench a in form Shakib for 2 straight game and pick players like Narine and Lagne.. Of course they can choose their team combination but that has to be rational.. It's not like they have planned a conspiracy against us it's just they don't rate our players highly.. They consider any other player more reliable than our players and that hurts :(

zinatf
April 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
HAAR PUNE HAAR :D

MOI SO HAPPY...huh "winning team combo"

mufi_02
April 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
It is the Bdeshi tag. Roman bhai beparta bujhtase nah :E. Ok let me give you an example. Look at Mithun Chakroborthy. Born in Barisal but left for India in search of better promises. He outperformed and outshined everyoned (just like our Shak is doing). Disco dancer became hit and his dance moves a pop sensation and he became number 1 :clap: (just like Shak is no.1 all rounder now). He was on his way to greatness but then producers and directors ignored him. They focused on other Khans while our Mithun da faded and now he is an Indian reality star (Grand Master in some dance shows :eek:). Yes it is the Bdeshi tag

roman
April 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah it's their team and they have all the right to decide their team combination but Tamim is our boy and we have every right to criticize their decision when we know Tamim wouldn't have done worse than what the other star members of his team is doing..

Honestly I don't care much about this IPL and I don't even want our players to go to IPL..but it makes me sad when I see our best players are looking out of sort and losing their confidence.. Yes Symond, Mcgrath and many others have been benched but I can't think of a good reason why KKR would bench a in form Shakib for 2 straight game and pick players like Narine and Lagne.. Of course they can choose their team combination but that has to be rational.. It's not like they have planned a conspiracy against us it's just they don't rate our players highly.. They consider any other player more reliable than our players and that hurts :(

Welcome to the real world :)

It hurts me too. But lets take a look at our BPL. We have had some good players from associate countries in our BPL. Did they get enough matches in BPL? Ever Wondered why? Let me ask you this...Who would you pick if you were given an option to pick just 1 player from lets say WI and Canada? You would blindly go for WI player isnt it? Its the magic of the name "WI". Eventhough the guy from Canada could be more talented, could be the next big thing, but we would still go after the Name WI. Thats how the world works. Cruel isnt it? :)

Bangladesh is still not there yet. We still dont have that magic wand called "Big Team". We'll have it when we start winning Test matches overseas. But look at the bright side. That day is not that far away :)

simon
April 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
Oronnya,dont worry
just because Tam & Sakib are ignored and benched doesnt mean it will do harm to their confidence.
TI was benched during bpl,so what,he came back with four 50s, after Zim tour Sak lost captaincy..so what..he is a lot better now.
What hurts a players confidence is their own failure or poor performance.
I am rather concerned abt the fact that instead of warming benches if atleast TI could come back and play dpl that would hv helped him a lot more.
and so much for sharing dressing room with big players, my foot :-P
all I see is Sakib changing god knws what with Iqbal Abd. :-P

zinatf
April 12, 2012, 11:30 AM
^^ LOL!! Geez guru hope not...naah nothing's gonna happen to Shakib :P

and yeah I also agree Tamim should come back and play DPL instead....who cares about this !@#%$#IPL!

roman
April 12, 2012, 11:36 AM
It is the Bdeshi tag. Roman bhai beparta bujhtase nah :E. Ok let me give you an example. Look at Mithun Chakroborthy. Born in Barisal but left for India in search of better promises. He outperformed and outshined everyoned (just like our Shak is doing). Disco dancer became hit and his dance moves a pop sensation and he became number 1 :clap: (just like Shak is no.1 all rounder now). He was on his way to greatness but then producers and directors ignored him. They focused on other Khans while our Mithun da faded and now he is an Indian reality star (Grand Master in some dance shows :eek:). Yes it is the Bdeshi tag

hahaha... Vai ami aar ki komu :)

AsifTheManRahman
April 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
valo bolsen, amra shudhu shudhu eto uttejoto hoye jai keno bujhina...Brad hodge played an match winning innings against KKR then he was benched yesterday... Dilshan is sitting on bench, JP Duminny is sitting on bench, Tait is sitting on bench, Dirk nannes sitting on bench. These are really good IPL players. So we can just complain about Tamim here. tamim might be in a good form but T20 is a defferent kind of games. And he will get his chance. People should calm down.

Good point. If benching Tamim is a sin as people are claiming here, then one might as well shoot himself in the head for benching any of the players that you named. Just to serve as a reminder of exactly how good some of these players are, let's revisit Brad Hodge's Cricinfo profile:

Brad Hodge will go down as one of the unluckiest nearly-men in Australian cricket. When he was dropped with an average of 58.42 only five matches into his Test career in 2005-06, he vowed to win back his place. He added only one Test, as a fill-in during a tour of the West Indies two years later, before his tally was permanently stalled at six matches in the baggy green. It was not an adequate reward for one of the most prolific run scorers in the modern era of Australia's domestic game.

By the time the 2009-10 season arrived, Hodge's heart was no longer in first-class cricket. He began the summer with 195 against South Australia but had an epiphany when he had reached his century, stumps was near and he launched the new ball over the bowler's head for six. Hodge said it signified he no longer had the drive to play the longer format and he soon retired, although he announced he would stay on in Victoria's limited-overs teams for another two seasons. And why not? He comfortably topped the FR Cup tally in 2009-10 with 622 runs at 69.11, including four centuries, and remained one of the world's best Twenty20 batsmen.

In 2006-07 he had forced his way into the ODI side when Ricky Ponting rested, and a 97 and 99 not out won him a place in the World Cup squad. In the Caribbean, he finally reached three figures with 123 off 89 balls against the Netherlands, but it was his last bat in the tournament and he watched the final from the dressing room. It had become an all-too familiar viewing platform. Hodge was Australia's unluckiest casualty of the 2005-06 season of batting change. Picked for his first Test in November after being the reserve on tours to India, New Zealand and England, he opened with a fluent 60 and by the end of the home summer had 409 runs at an envious average.

More (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/5674.html)

Yup, he's that good. Tamim Iqbal doesn't come anywhere close.

mufi_02
April 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
Back on topic - Tamim is yet to prove his worth in T20 arena. yes its true he hit 4 50s in ODIs. But T20 is still very diff and his SR wasn't that high in that Asia cup also. So I don't think Pune management is doing any injustice. Ryder can bowl too and is known for his big hittings. So until he fails for few more games, TI won't get a chance. Shak case is different.

oronnya
April 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the real world :)

It hurts me too. But lets take a look at our BPL. We have had some good players from associate countries in our BPL. Did they get enough matches in BPL? Ever Wondered why? Let me ask you this...Who would you pick if you were given an option to pick just 1 player from lets say WI and Canada? You would blindly go for WI player isnt it? Its the magic of the name "WI". Eventhough the guy from Canada could be more talented, could be the next big thing, but we would still go after the Name WI. Thats how the world works. Cruel isnt it? :)

Bangladesh is still not there yet. We still dont have that magic wand called "Big Team". We'll have it when we start winning Test matches overseas. But look at the bright side. That day is not that far away :)

Yeah that's why in my previous post I said the boys should get all chrged up and fight their heart out to gain a respectable position in the cricket world.. They can do it as we saw whenever Indian media or players look down at us our boys just go with a spirit to thrash India.. This same spirit should be there while playing against any other country.. It should always be a do or die situation for them.. They have the talent and they just have to prove it to the world then we will see how all these league will go crazy to have our boys.. I hope I will be able to witness that day in my lifetime (ameen)

Oronnya,dont worry
just because Tam & Sakib are ignored and benched doesnt mean it will do harm to their confidence.
TI was benched during bpl,so what,he came back with four 50s, after Zim tour Sak lost captaincy..so what..he is a lot better now.
What hurts a players confidence is their own failure or poor performance.
I am rather concerned abt the fact that instead of warming benches if atleast TI could come back and play dpl that would hv helped him a lot more.
and so much for sharing dressing room with big players, my foot :-P
all I see is Sakib changing god knws what with Iqbal Abd. :-P

I hope so too .. It's just feels bad to see the sad faces of our boys.. But that's natural for us fans I guess..

Yeah I also think both Shak and Tamim should come back and join the DPL..True, they are not getting enough chance to share their views with legends.. Rather Iqbal Abdullah is getting lots of tips from Shak..But for Shak what I think it's a challenge.. I think he can only grow stronger from such situation as he is soo egoistic.. Definitely he is not liking to get ignored so he might be more determined to do even better which is good for us.. Let's see.. But last match clearly showed Shak lost his confidence .. I've neven seen him putting on such a poor show in every department.. Thank God he got the 2 wickets..

Ajfar
April 12, 2012, 05:56 PM
Waiting for the next article from our media where Tamim will reveal they all went to go watch American Reunion, 'kintu amare nei nai'.

I'm pretty sure Shakib and Tamim are not whinny bunch like us, but sometimes amader reporter ra moshla lagaya emon bhabe article lekhe kisu bhuja jai na.

Dilscoop
April 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
Mathews payed for the dinner, Mathews got to play.

BengaliPagol
April 12, 2012, 06:31 PM
Mathews payed for the dinner, Mathews got to play.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

It was probably Dada's test. Whoever paid got to play.

Dilscoop
April 13, 2012, 06:40 AM
Honestly don't care if Tamim doesn't get picked. It's not that big of an "injustice," compared to KKK and Shak.

Tamim suck at T20. He is a power hitter who starts slogging blindly and ends up looking ugly. He should stick to his game.

MSM B2C
April 13, 2012, 06:49 AM
Honestly don't care if Tamim doesn't get picked. It's not that big of an "injustice," compared to KKK and Shak.

Tamim suck at T20. He is a power hitter who starts slogging blindly and ends up looking ugly. He should stick to his game.

and what is his game?

He is profolic in T20! given a good run in, he can show his class!

If a player plays 2 games and fails, does'nt mean much! give him 5 or 6 games in a row, you will be sure to see some huge scores.

and in terms of shakib, he has been floping with T20 battling for a long time.

I remember last year when he played for KKR. everyone was shouting he should move up the order!

So he did, when he played for worcester... complete failure! He is T20 bowler... but needs to improve batting.

simon
April 13, 2012, 08:53 AM
I think TI played two good inn for Notts.

Dilscoop
April 13, 2012, 01:29 PM
Watch pune pick him after Shak's performance.

And what's Tamim's game? He is not a slogger. He is a clean, power hitter, who scores playing cricketing shots. But every time I saw him bat in T20 he batted like a "t20" junky, trying to heave every thing. He looks even more ugly when tries to get cheeky and innovative.

simon
April 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
the two lefties Ganguly and Chalok failed,time for the bd lefty.

Tiger444
April 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
Watch pune pick him after Shak's performance.

And what's Tamim's game? He is not a slogger. He is a clean, power hitter, who scores playing cricketing shots. But every time I saw him bat he bats like a "t20" junky, trying to heave every thing. He looks even more ugly when tries to get cheeky and innovative.

I'm hoping for that to happen and they should pick Tamim.

Dilscoop
April 13, 2012, 03:45 PM
and in terms of shakib, he has been floping with T20 battling for a long time.

Have you seen Shakib bat in BPL? Avg 40 @ 140 SR. If that's flopping, I'd take a flopper any day of the week.

KKR sends him in last 5 overs. He is not a last 5 overs batter.

Tigers_eye
April 13, 2012, 09:53 PM

He is profolic in T20! given a good run in, he can show his class!

If a player plays 2 games and fails, does'nt mean much! give him 5 or 6 games in a row, you will be sure to see some huge scores.
You should not complain at all if Tamim is not selected. Pune is fulfilling your formula with Ryder. He only played 3 matches. Your formula says to give ryder 5/6 games. So please do not say anything against Pune within the next 2/3 matches.

Habib
April 13, 2012, 10:32 PM
You should not complain at all if Tamim is not selected. Pune is fulfilling your formula with Ryder. He only played 3 matches. Your formula says to give ryder 5/6 games. So please do not say anything against Pune within the next 2/3 matches.

:floor:

Anyway, Ryder is simply not fit enough mentally and physically to deserve further chances. Tamim's current form warrants him a place in the side.

JaniceRoy
April 14, 2012, 12:53 AM
Hope Tamim plays.

idrinkh2O
April 14, 2012, 01:23 AM
If-Else condition...jodhi Tamim-ke khelai tahole dua kori Pune-er win-er jonno...r jodhi na khelai taile mon chai jeno tara haru party hoi :smug:

Edit: Pune Won today. Congrats.

mar umpire
April 14, 2012, 08:38 AM
Jesse Ryder, Mr Kegs on Legs was always a risky choice. If he's not getting drunk then-well he'll be urinating on someone's car or punching glass windows or getting drunk again.
Hope Pune get hammered until they are out of contention for the finals, then tamim gets selected, plays well and then the Pune "think-tank" gets caned for their mistakes earlier in the year.

MSM B2C
April 14, 2012, 08:51 AM
Have you seen Shakib bat in BPL? Avg 40 @ 140 SR. If that's flopping, I'd take a flopper any day of the week.

KKR sends him in last 5 overs. He is not a last 5 overs batter.

Bro, I love BPL, it's the best thing that happend in bangladesh.

I never under-rate Shakib, He is our gold. I wan't Him to improve his Battling in T20!

His ODI Batting simple - Awesome. His Bowling last night - Awesome

and about that 86 he scored! if u minus that what happen's? Dhaka a batting Pitch!

and please name me one world class bowler that took part in BPL!

did any of this take part: Dale Styne, Lasith Malinga, Morne Morkle, Staurt Broad, Daniel vettori, Brett Lee, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Graeme Swann!

and don't mention any pak bowlers please:) Ajmal and Afridi only for 2 matches.

MSM B2C
April 14, 2012, 08:54 AM

Yes, but not when Ryder is having personal difficulty! and the pressure is too much for him to handle, Tamim Iqbal on the other hand - Top of his form!

MohammedC
April 14, 2012, 08:55 AM
Bro, I love BPL, it's the best thing that happend in bangladesh.

I know you do. You wanted Stuart Law sacked and replace him by Dean Jones/Michael Bevan.

MSM B2C
April 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
I know you do. You wanted Stuart Law sacked and replace him by Dean Jones/Michael Bevan.

That is because I am purely a sylheti Fan! and Staurt Law being Sacked:) let's see.

We must play in Bowling Pitch'es and Win. As according to Waqar younis... Dhaka Pitch is cement!

MSM B2C
April 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
any news on Tamim playing today?

zinatf
April 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
No Tamim today!!

Good luck Pune!! GO CSK!!!

simon
April 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
was hoping but not surprised that he isn't playing.

Habib
April 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
I guess we have to pray that he is taken with the squad to the field atleast. That would be a start! :)

Ajfar
April 14, 2012, 09:47 AM
As someone else already stated in the match thread, in a way it's good that he didn't get selected. Most likely CSK will put u huge total today, so pune will have to attack right from the beginning and therefore more chances for Pune top order to fail. If fatso ryder fails again today, Tamim might get a chance in the next game

mufi_02
April 14, 2012, 10:40 AM
He came to stadium today. Was interviewed during the game. He looks cheery but said its frustrating.

Habib
April 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
He came to stadium today. Was interviewed during the game. He looks cheery but said its frustrating.

Did he look fit?

shiplu
April 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
just saw tamim handing ganguly a bottle of drink when the players were walking towards the dressing room.

Habib
April 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
So Tamim is doing his best to impress Gangu :lol:

shiplu
April 14, 2012, 11:37 AM
Here's Tiqbal interview

http://videobam.com/jdGkx

shiplu
April 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
ryder is doing well, this is bad news for tamim

MohammedC
April 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
Let's monitor Tamim warming the bench

Night_wolf
April 14, 2012, 01:06 PM
^lol thats why i didnt open the thread

Dilscoop
April 14, 2012, 01:35 PM
This is good for him. It will help him realize how much better he has to get. But he shouldn't be disheartened. Even high profile players get benched left to right in the IPL.

Tiger444
April 14, 2012, 01:47 PM
This is good for him. It will help him realize how much better he has to get. But he shouldn't be disheartened. Even high profile players get benched left to right in the IPL.

This is a new position for Tamim. Since he came in to the BD team, he's been the star player. Now all of a sudden, he's warming the bench. This should motivate him and when he gets a chance, he needs to make it count badly.

roman
April 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
Did he look fit?

Yes he did :-)

Nadim
April 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
Made the 17 man squad today. He will make the 11 SOMEDAY insallah :D

Ajfar
April 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
Fatso Ryder ruined it all, the wait continues

Nadim
April 14, 2012, 02:15 PM
Fatso Ryder ruined it all, the wait continues

chi chi eishob ki bolen? fatso hoia o to ki shob khela khele ar amago fit fut player'ra to tao pare na :-X

series
April 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
Even though Jesse Ryder is playing good - Marlon Samuels isn't. He has got some terrible in the last few matches. Hope Tamim can replace Samuels...

nitinjadhav
April 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
:floor:

Anyway, Ryder is simply not fit enough mentally and physically to deserve further chances. Tamim's current form warrants him a place in the side.
This is Nitin from Pune, and got some of my buddies in the management at Pune Warriors.
I see lot of bangladeshi fans on Pune Warriors official Facebook page, abusing and cursing Saurabh & the team management for not putting in Tamim in the batting order.
First of all let me tell you guys the complete idea of purchasing Tamim.

History
It all started in ipl 2011 pune warriors ended up 9th (2nd last) though being the costliest team in entire cricket world, with lots of money poured in.
All top class players, but no one was up in their form except for Yuvraj Singh & Robin Utthapa .At tht time the team had run out of option on who to try, Jesse Ryder was struggling with his form due to depression and his personal issues , and so were Grane Smith and other big shots.At that time management though of including extra spare players who are in form , so thats when time comes they can be bought into attack.

Why not replace Jessy Ryder with Tamim as since last 3 games he hasn't been up to mark?
This year Jess is in India with his Psychologist, he is always with him, home or away does not matter. At this point what Jess needs is a fair chance to prove that he is worth, and he still got it, critics back in NZ are driving him nutts.last 3 matches he has been run out, and 2 of the times not his fault.Finally today Jess scored an awesome 70+ score winning the Man of the match award.And thats what the Team and his Psychologist wanted.

When would Tamim get a chance?
To be honest its a 50-50 situation. however there are talks going on that in next match either vs Delhi Daredevils or Royal challengers Bangalore Samules might be replaced by Tamim .lets hope for the best

Please guys, do understand that we are not against any Bangladeshi or its that we love to snub Bangladeshi cricketers. The team has invested $50,000 in Tamim for some reason, all you need to do is be patient and wait n watch.
Please do not spam with hate,curse and offending messages on official FB page of PWI, we never see people from Australia, NZ, England & South Africa, cursing for not including their players in the batting/bowling order.
Thank you

simon
April 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
Here's Tiqbal interview

http://videobam.com/jdGkx

thanks a lot for sharing.

Dilscoop
April 14, 2012, 03:47 PM
I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

I'd like apologize on be half the good Bdeshi fans for those moronic 15 year old "fans'" misbehavior.

Use the media properly. Don't abuse it.

Tiger444
April 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks Nitin Jadhav for the inside scoop. Sorry to hear that many Bangladeshis are using abusive language on the FB page. Just to let you know that we Bangladeshis tend to be passionate and emotional fans. Unfortunately at times many fans do go over the line and its unacceptable. Many of us are not like that however so please understand that as well. So just ignore what some of these abusive fans are saying. We all just want to see Tamim and Shakib doing well in the IPL since it is such a big global tournament.

Also great to know that Tamim has a good chance of playing either next match or the match after the next. I had a feeling that this would be the case.

Please do enjoy your stay here Nitin Jadhav. :)

Zeeshan
April 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
This is Nitin from Pune, and got some of my buddies in the management at Pune Warriors.
I see lot of bangladeshi fans on Pune Warriors official Facebook page, abusing and cursing Saurabh & the team management for not putting in Tamim in the batting order.

Any post that starts with that sort of forceful state is bound to raise a flag.

Please guys, do understand that we are not against any Bangladeshi or its that we love to snub Bangladeshi cricketers. The team has invested $50,000 in Tamim for some reason, all you need to do is be patient and wait n watch.
Please do not spam with hate,curse and offending messages on official FB page of PWI, we never see people from Australia, NZ, England & South Africa, cursing for not including their players in the batting/bowling order.
Thank youAnd I don't think using BC as a platform to preach about your administration policy of a facebook fan group has ANYTHING to do with fans here. If you folks do have an issue why not strengthen the privacy settings there? It's tantamount to saying a group of Swedish thugs break in your house and you go to Ikea with preaching tone.

And lastly, welcome to the forum. Please do enjoy your stay here. :)

nitinjadhav
April 14, 2012, 05:06 PM
''And I don't think using BC as a platform to preach about your administration policy of a facebook fan group has ANYTHING to do with fans here."
Well, no one is preaching any administration policy here.I just wanted to put a stop to what was happening over there, and I also wanted to answer all the question that were popped up by the Bangladeshi fans, And I thought BC would be a great platform to do that.
Secondly we respect Bangladeshis, and you guys are like a brother nation to us.A true friend is one who comes closer to your Ear and whispers in it, that "Dude!, your zipper is open, pull it up before any one sees it". On the other hand your enemies will say it loud and open "Hey guys look his zipper is open like a post office, LOL!!!
So the point is , I would have any time decided to post this on an international forum, but then guys, would that be friendly or would it help my friend save his reputation?

"If you folks do have an issue why not strengthen the privacy settings there? "
India being a Democratic secular country, freedom of speech is always promoted and encouraged. We are always open to suggestion and would like to know what fans around the world have to say.
In fact we have media campaigns to encourage people to drop in their words which will help the strategy. Like the one bellow ....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578925_430113390336769_123736180974493_1891029_116 664319_n.jpg

mar umpire
April 14, 2012, 07:02 PM

History
It all started in ipl 2011 pune warriors ended up 9th (2nd last) though being the costliest team in entire cricket world, with lots of money poured in.
All top class players, but no one was up in their form except for Yuvraj Singh & Robin Utthapa .At tht time the team had run out of option on who to try, Jesse Ryder was struggling with his form due to depression and his personal issues , and so were Grane Smith and other big shots.At that time management though of including extra spare players who are in form , so thats when time comes they can be bought into attack.

Why not replace Jessy Ryder with Tamim as since last 3 games he hasn't been up to mark?
This year Jess is in India with his Psychologist, he is always with him, home or away does not matter. At this point what Jess needs is a fair chance to prove that he is worth, and he still got it, critics back in NZ are driving him nutts.last 3 matches he has been run out, and 2 of the times not his fault.Finally today Jess scored an awesome 70+ score winning the Man of the match award.And thats what the Team and his Psychologist wanted.

When would Tamim get a chance?
To be honest its a 50-50 situation. however there are talks going on that in next match either vs Delhi Daredevils or Royal challengers Bangalore Samules might be replaced by Tamim .lets hope for the best

Thank you

If this is what the psychologist wanted it could be quite dangerous-all Mr Kegs on Legs Ryder needs now is a celebratory party and a box of "ROyal Challenge" to get himself back on the booze.

He's been copping it in NZ and rightly so. He's an extremely talented batsman but goes on like a spoilt brat

BTW I wasn't one of those people trashing Pune's website, I doubt the BC guys are actually doing it, I mean out of potentially 160+ million fans including expats most probably aren't from BC-

but I am an ANti-Pune supporter, i am going to start abusing Gangla-bhai, because sure he was purchased for 50k but the way he is kept in a hotel room reeks of the treatment of some of our other players who had anything to do with this league.

Knowing how the BCCI and IPL operates, wouldn't be surprised if this was a legit attempt to try and stuff up our form batsman as they've isolated pakistani players. I no longer view India as a brother nation, in 1971 it was within her interests and now regarding any comment from indian fans, they are potentially the most arrogant. If you hold the view you mentioned then welcome, that view will be returned to you only

Tamim hasn't been treated like an international player-if you are going to use him as the cleaner then why pay him 50k. Release him so he can go back and play cricket somewhere else.

So if you could pass on the message to the PW "attempting to think"-tank that would be highly appreciated

PS It's not Grane aka "Grain" Smith, he is not cereal material. Look puns aside I don't think your page should be trashed but I think the "Can't think"-tank and the captain deserves a bit for tamim's treatment not his non-selection

EDIT: riddled with errors and it has been perceived that this post appears "feisty"-hope it isn't vitriolic. This is nothing personal Nitin, you are a very polite guy, it is the IPL and BCCI I have particular issues with. Please don't take anything personally. Just having a rant

mar umpire
April 14, 2012, 07:07 PM
''And I don't think using BC as a platform to preach about your administration policy of a facebook fan group has ANYTHING to do with fans here."
Well, no one is preaching any administration policy here.I just wanted to put a stop to what was happening over there, and I also wanted to answer all the question that were popped up by the Bangladeshi fans, And I thought BC would be a great platform to do that.
Secondly we respect Bangladeshis, and you guys are like a brother nation to us.A true friend is one who comes closer to your Ear and whispers in it, that "Dude!, your zipper is open, pull it up before any one sees it". On the other hand your enemies will say it loud and open "Hey guys look his zipper is open like a post office, LOL!!!
So the point is , I would have any time decided to post this on an international forum, but then guys, would that be friendly or would it help my friend save his reputation?

"If you folks do have an issue why not strengthen the privacy settings there? "
India being a Democratic secular country, freedom of speech is always promoted and encouraged. We are always open to suggestion and would like to know what fans around the world have to say.
In fact we have media campaigns to encourage people to drop in their words which will help the strategy. Like the one bellow ....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578925_430113390336769_123736180974493_1891029_116 664319_n.jpg

Looking at Ganguly's picture above it would seem he does need a lot of "Grain" or perhaps he's suffering from a serious case of haemorrhoids

Look Nitin welcome to BC, you'll realise we abuse our players as much as anyone else and we are a race that quickly forgets things-ganguly might be praised later-who knows

mar umpire
April 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
just saw tamim handing ganguly a bottle of drink when the players were walking towards the dressing room.

Maybe it was spiked

BengaliPagol
April 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
If this is what the psychologist wanted it could be quite dangerous-all Mr Kegs on Legs Ryder needs now is a celebratory party and a box of "ROyal Challenge" to get himself back on the booze.

He's been copping it in NZ and rightly so. He's an extremely talented batsman but goes on like a spoilt brat

BTW I wasn't one of those people trashing Pune's website, I doubt the BC guys are actually doing it, I mean out of potentially 160+ million fans including expats most probably aren't from BC-

but I am an ANti-Pune supporter, i am going to start abusing Gangla-bhai, because sure he was purchased for 50k but the way he is kept in a hotel room reeks of the treatment of some of our other players who had anything to do with this league.

Knowing how the BCCI and IPL operates, wouldn't be surprised if this was a legit attempt to try and stuff up our form batsman as they've isolated pakistani players. I no longer view India as a brother nation, in 1971 it was within her interests and now regarding any comment from indian fans, they are potentially the most arrogant. If you hold the view you mentioned then welcome, that view will be returned to you only

Tamim hasn't been treated like an international player-if you are going to use him as the cleaner then why pay him 50k. Release him so he can go back and play cricket somewhere else.

So if you could pass on the message to the PW "attempting to think"-tank that would be highly appreciated

PS It's not Grane aka "Grain" Smith, he is not cereal material. Look puns aside I don't think you're page should be trashed but I think the "Can't think"-tank and the captain deserves a bit for tamim's treatment not his non-selection

no need to get all feisty.

Its a serious situation if a player is suffering depression. Good on Ryder to get through a difficult path that he has encountered.

$50k isnt a great deal of money if you compare to great players *cough cough* Jadeja *cough* who are getting paid $2mil.

zsayeed
April 14, 2012, 08:45 PM
It is very sad if one needs to resort to a player's mental situation. The guy is taking care of it -and he should be encouraged. It is not a stigma! We live in the 21st century - not in the dark ages.

Well done Ryder. Way to get over an obstacle. True players are known for the way they recover from hard times, not when the going is smooth.

mar umpire
April 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
Players and sportspeople are always using the "mental illness" excuse to get out of jail which really detracts from those who truly suffer. It is the 21st century, however from amedical point of view these things are often over-diagnosed and people are given a "diagnosis" which they use as an excuse to justify their actions.

It's a lot like saying "mental illness runs in the family, so I have it"-although the chances may be increased it is ultimately affected by actions taken by the individual-Ryder was/is an addict-

But of course being the 21st century we celebrate and praise these idiots "for getting through the tough times". The guys going through the "tough times" are those in war torn countries and the poverty ridden states of the world, whether its BD, Horn of Africa or the countries currently affected (no need to mention names). I am sure these people suffer as much PTSD and anxiety and "depression" as much as any of these idiots and they don't need to go out and make a fool of themselves. Howevr in the western world and the western media it is very much in Vogue to 'cry with those going through the tough times". I am sure the celebrities of the world today deserve so much sympathy because I don't know erhaps they had to sell their 21st home and are now left with 20, hence they are depressed etc etc.

These guys need to man up and take responsibility and stop looking for excuses and sympathy. Ryder can get all the psychotherapy he wants but it'll do him no good unless he takes action himself. We have control over our actions for the most part and any loss of action w ehave had we only have to hold ourselves responsible.

Guys like the Ryders, Warnes and the Tiger Woods not to mention others have only themselves to blame and the consequences they are facing had a lot to do with how they chose to lead their lives

They don't deserve sympathy-help yes, but they have themselevs to blame

Regarding those in the community who truly suffer at no fault of their own, that's different

mar umpire
April 14, 2012, 11:52 PM
It is very sad if one needs to resort to a player's mental situation. The guy is taking care of it -and he should be encouraged. It is not a stigma! We live in the 21st century - not in the dark ages.

Well done Ryder. Way to get over an obstacle. True players are known for the way they recover from hard times, not when the going is smooth.

Perhaps he is taking care of it-but knowing his repeat offences its probably just another cover up and cop-out. He'll take a few classes and be back to his old ways-asa NZ supporter we all were massive fans of Ryder but the stuff he's carried on with..........

mar umpire
April 15, 2012, 12:15 AM
no need to get all feisty.

Its a serious situation if a player is suffering depression. Good on Ryder to get through a difficult path that he has encountered.

$50k isnt a great deal of money if you compare to great players *cough cough* Jadeja *cough* who are getting paid $2mil.

Sorry if I sounded angry, I edited that post you quoted

Jadeja is playing. I think if Tamim isn't part of their plans he should be released simple as that not kept in a hotel-and if they need him again then call him back

Night_wolf
April 15, 2012, 01:49 AM
Thank you

actually no point posting this here, 95% of the guys you see cursing there aren't members here. i am sorry, its your league and you guys can play any player you like. all this cursing are premature

simon
April 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
jei Ryder dekhsey je Tamim er intrvw nichchey tokhoni bujhchey "it's today or never"

[বাংলা]একেই বলে ঠেলার নাম বাবাজি [/বাংলা]

Equinox
April 15, 2012, 03:25 PM
I am getting this feeling that Tamim might come in place of Samuels in the next game. Samuels hasn't been in great form and while batting in the last match he said something to Ryder that pissed him off. Improbable but just my gut feeling.

ahnaf
April 16, 2012, 03:03 AM
Good News apus bhais..:-P
Marlon Samuels reported for suspect action
full story here (http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2012/content/current/story/561329.html)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Seraphen
April 16, 2012, 07:18 AM

The thing is, given the form Tamim has now, and also considering the fact Tamim knows the sub-continent conditions better than all of the other PWI overseas players (except maybe Mathews), he deserved chances ahead of the other overseas players. Any person not biased against him would agree with me. I do agree that some of the responses by Bangladeshis were childish but you can't blame them for being disheartened.

Welcome to BC, BTW.

kalpurush
April 16, 2012, 07:33 AM
I'd like apologize on be half the good Bdeshi fans for those moronic 15 year old "fans'" misbehavior.

Ha! Ha!! Don't you love your age!!!? ;)

Tiger444
April 16, 2012, 07:41 AM
I also have a strong feeling Tamim will play in place of Samuels tomorrow.

nitinjadhav
April 16, 2012, 09:12 AM
I also have a strong feeling Tamim will play in place of Samuels tomorrow.

Let hope for the same buddy! I would love to see him go wild over the Banglorites!

patriot
April 17, 2012, 12:19 AM
For Tamim to play , Jesse ryder has to flop . Simple . There is no way Ganguly will come one down to accommodate Tamim in the opening slot . Ganguly is too egoistic for all that .

Naimul_Hd
April 17, 2012, 12:52 AM
Let hope for the same buddy! I would love to see him go wild over the Banglorites!

Nitin bhai, heard that you have internal connection with Pune management. Any chance of playing Tamim for today's match ? what does your source say ? :)

Dilscoop
April 17, 2012, 01:35 AM
Ha! Ha!! Don't you love your age!!!? ;)

Yes. I'm happily 41+

BengaliPagol
April 17, 2012, 03:42 AM
On CI it praises Marlon Samuels. So i doubt Tamim will play.

zinatf
April 17, 2012, 06:02 AM
This is Nitin from Pune,....................
Thank you

Hey Nitin....welcome to BC forum :)

Please note that BC pople don't get involved in cursing that too in a fb page....thanks for letting us know the story behind Tamim's inclusion....would love to see Tamim playing today.....:)

Maysun
April 17, 2012, 07:20 AM
If he plays today I will be kicking myself as I didn't the tickets for today's match! :D

mar umpire
April 17, 2012, 07:21 AM
unikely to play
Callum "The Duchess of York" Ferguson is more likely to be playing

Dilscoop
April 17, 2012, 08:21 AM
I'll finally get a chance to watch Pune play. I've already seen KKR play bunch of times, and frankly, I'm tired of seeing that SRK's face and his kissing.

Hopefully Tamim gets picked today.

Dilscoop
April 17, 2012, 08:27 AM
Crap! Game starts an hr from now. Damnit.

patriot
April 17, 2012, 09:05 AM
No Tamim . Come on RCB .

Dilscoop
April 17, 2012, 09:05 AM
^ Thank you. Cya. Back to real work.

dolcevita
April 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
He may not get a single game.

Roni_uk
April 17, 2012, 09:15 AM
He is doing pretty well, isn't he?

0 matches
0 runs
0 wickets
0 SRR
0 catches
0 fielding faults

Yet $50,000 with eyes closed :D

Dilscoop
April 18, 2012, 12:12 PM
http://instagr.am/p/JkZ2KRgaYH/
http://instagr.am/p/JkZ2KRgaYH/

(c) Wayne Parnell

zsayeed
April 18, 2012, 01:15 PM
Khali khawa dawa ... conditining koi?

Maysun
April 18, 2012, 04:35 PM
So he's rubbing in with the guys, good to see

mar umpire
April 19, 2012, 05:10 AM
Formerly Wayne Parnell now Whalid Parnell

Glad to hear Tamim isn't eating any of his team mates-that would be cannibalism

BengaliPagol
April 19, 2012, 05:40 AM
Formerly Wayne Parnell now Whalid Parnell

Glad to hear Tamim isn't eating any of his team mates-that would be cannibalism

Everyone in the cricketing world will still call him Wayne.

Tiger444
April 19, 2012, 07:19 AM
Khali khawa dawa ... conditining koi?

So what now he can't enjoy a good meal now? :lol:

MohammedC
April 19, 2012, 09:11 AM
Still bench warming.

Go Chennai.

simon
April 19, 2012, 11:41 AM
Still bench warming.

Go Chennai.

TI er asha baad den miya bhai, okey shedin namabe jokhon match result matter korbe na.

Night_wolf
April 19, 2012, 12:48 PM
TI er asha baad den miya bhai, okey shedin namabe jokhon match result matter korbe na.

r khelbeo just akta match..razzak,ash r mash er moto

Nadim
April 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
koto buddi, discussion and :fire: korlam, kintu kuno luv'i holo na :head:

BANFAN
April 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
So he's rubbing in with the guys, good to see

Rubbing what?? That too with guys...??? Where did you see???? :)

Disappointed with his inclusion in PW.... Would be better to not to take him. 40,000 $ is max that he can get... But the dent in his confidence is going to be enormous. He is being made to believe that he isn't anyone one to be counted in cricket... That's damaging... This amount of money isn't worth that... That's partly the reason pointing and a few others opted to be out of IPL...

Had it been a huge price tag like Mash had, it could be acceptable...because that price tag was a bit of protection against damage to confidence...

TI should leave the camp and not sleep in hotels for just 40,000$... Razzak and Ash ahsnt yet recovered from the damage...caused by that 40,000 ... In IPL

godzilla
April 19, 2012, 06:07 PM
^ lol at the ASH comment. He was DAMAGED way before IPL. I donno why you guys are all jumping and fussing around, heck if someone payed me 40 000$ just to take naps and watch TV and not to even work for it, THAT WOULD BE HEAVENLY! No work + FREE MONEY = HAPPY.

Tiger444
April 19, 2012, 09:02 PM
Ya to say that the IPL dented Ash's confidence is ridiculous. He was really lucky to even get a contract in the IPL. Razzak was also very lucky to get a contract in the IPL. Mash was also overpaid big time when he was known to being a poor death bowler, even though I believe he deserved a contract. I see Tamim doing better then the previous 3 in the IPL.

Tiger444
April 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
It's good to see Pune losing now. It should now force them to make changes to their team.

zinatf
April 19, 2012, 10:42 PM
I have a feeling Pune might let Tamim play for the matches against KKR...

amar11432
April 20, 2012, 12:57 AM

Lol when does the hope run out? I doubt tamim or shakib will get anymore game.

BANFAN
April 20, 2012, 02:06 AM
It's good to see Pune losing now. It should now force them to make changes to their team.

They just lost two very close games, I don't think that will trigger a change like bringing in TI.

Just hope he gets to play a few matches....Godzila bhai, I know you are cheaper than TI...:)

Habib
April 20, 2012, 04:58 AM

Why would they? They already have Gangu to get the support at Eden Garden. They don't need Tamim.

Awla
April 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
Shakib will get matches at Eden Garden and (other venues where track helps the spinners) if he doesn't bowl too bad.
Tough for Tamim... if only Jessey Ryder flops big time, then he might get chance...because thats the only possible replacement, since Callum Feguson is back-up of Steven Smith & Samuels is an all-rounder.

Tiger444
April 20, 2012, 08:09 AM
They just lost two very close games, I don't think that will trigger a change like bringing in TI.

Just hope he gets to play a few matches....Godzila bhai, I know you are cheaper than TI...:)

A loss is still a loss. Doesn't matter how big or small it is. I think Parnell would be the 1st choice to come in though.

MSM B2C
April 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
A loss is still a loss. Doesn't matter how big or small it is. I think Parnell would be the 1st choice to come in though.

The Bowling Unit of Pune has been exceptional. They won't change it!

I honestly believe Pune has a good batting Line Up except Ganguly!

He is the captain so you can't really say much.

in regards to Tamim, Only Ryder or Marlon need to flop 2+ match in a row.

Tiger444
April 20, 2012, 10:27 AM
I could see Matthews being replaced though with Parnell. I don't really see the need for Matthews when they already have Smith who is finishing matches nicely for them. Samuels is a dual threat option but the guy really hasn't been very exceptional.