PDA

View Full Version : 35th meeting of BCB Board of Directors: National Players Contract for 2012

Zunaid
April 1, 2012, 10:31 AM
The National Players Contract for 2012 has been approved. Fifteen (15) cricketers have received BCB contract for the 01 January to 31 December period under the following grades. There has been an increase of 10 percent to player salaries in all grades:

Grade (A+) Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal, Abdur Razzak, Masrafe Bin Mortaza

Grade A - Mahmudullah, Imrul Kayes

Grade B - Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain

Grade C - Nasir Hossain, Jahurul Islam

Rookie Grade - Nazim Uddin, Shuvagata Hom Chowdhury, Mohammed Elias

zinatf
April 1, 2012, 10:38 AM
Old news. Tell us something new :-p

Zunaid
April 1, 2012, 10:52 AM
It's new if you had been paying attention. Recall that the OLD one had Nasur as rookie.

This meeting just ended a few ours ago.

:p

Nadim
April 1, 2012, 10:55 AM
Finally, alot of players in the A+ category :D

Nasir should have got a A atleast but oh well. Riyad got A grade. lol VC re A+ dilona :wow:

M.H.Rubel
April 1, 2012, 10:56 AM
As far as i know Srilonka contracted with lot of players in yearly contrac.That paid for them.To me only 15 is a very small number.

godzilla
April 1, 2012, 11:14 AM
How do they base on which player gets what contract? I guess A+ contracts makes sense. But shoudn't Nasir be getting a higher contract than C? He deserves atleast a B. And not to mention the team relies on his batting these days to dig them out of a hole.

playmaker
April 1, 2012, 11:28 AM
i wish a few more players were added to that list

M.H.Rubel
April 1, 2012, 11:38 AM
How do they base on which player gets what contract? I guess A+ contracts makes sense. But shoudn't Nasir be getting a higher contract than C? He deserves atleast a B. And not to mention the team relies on his batting these days to dig them out of a hole.

Probably number of game is the main factor gere.As far as i know amount of they have played plays a vital role.

al Furqaan
April 1, 2012, 01:34 PM
Its OK to have Nasir have a C contract...remember, he's just a rookie. Although I would have given him a B grade contract.

Now to find out how much money is at each level. BCCI highest grade contracts are good for $200,000.

Zeeshan
April 1, 2012, 01:45 PM
No fast bowlers in Grade A+ or A other than Mash; all in B. That itself shows our weakness.

Grade B - Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain

Zeeshan
April 1, 2012, 01:47 PM
Rajib ke dekha jache na j

Navo
April 1, 2012, 01:59 PM
Surprised that Shuvagauto got a contract at all, seeing that he hasn't even been on the fringes of the team since the Zim series?

I think we need to expand the number of players on Rookie contracts, add Anamul and any of the pace bowling prospects that look decent. Will give them some financial security, will allow them to mingle with the national team players and hopefully, will spur them to perform more consistently so that they get chosen for the playing XI

TigerEz
April 1, 2012, 02:02 PM
Grade A+: 1 Lakh 46 thousand Tk(Shakib al hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal Khan, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafe Mortaza)

Grade A: 1 Lakh 20 thousand Tk (Mahmudullah Riyad, Imrul Kayes)

Grade B: 92 thousand Tk (Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam Nazmul Hossain)

Grade C: 65 thousand Tk ( Nasir Hossain, Jahurul Islam.) and

Rookie: 46 thousand Tk (Nazim Uddin, Shuvagata Hom Chowdhury, Elias Sunny)

Navo
April 1, 2012, 02:04 PM
@Tigerez, a source would be nice and you mean 'per month' of course?

Shartaz
April 1, 2012, 04:15 PM
Surprised that Shuvagauto got a contract at all, seeing that he hasn't even been on the fringes of the team since the Zim series?

I think we need to expand the number of players on Rookie contracts, add Anamul and any of the pace bowling prospects that look decent. Will give them some financial security, will allow them to mingle with the national team players and hopefully, will spur them to perform more consistently so that they get chosen for the playing XI

Hopefully the BPL will continue to be successful and will de facto fill in this void left by the BCB and give most of the domestic players good financial security.

As far as I know, the lowest contracts in the BPL for the local players are $ 20,000. Thats about 16 lakh per season.

wiseshah
April 1, 2012, 05:02 PM
anamul, enamul haq jr, shohrawadi shuvo, junaed, --should be in the list, they should have made it to 20, 15 is very less number

NoName
April 1, 2012, 09:06 PM
Nazmul Hossain got a pretty good contract, does that mean they'll finally start playing him more often?

Naimul_Hd
April 1, 2012, 11:55 PM
@Tigerez, a source would be nice and you mean 'per month' of course?

read it here (http://ns.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=190157&cid=26)

[বাংলা]
ক্রিকেটারদের বেতন ১০ শতাংশ করে বাড়ানো হয়েছে। নতুন বেতন কাঠামো অনুযায়ী এ+ শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেটাররা পাবেন ১ লাখ ৪৬ হাজার টাকা, এ শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেটাররা ১ লাখ ২০ হাজার টাকা, বি শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেটাররা ৯২ হাজার টাকা, সি শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেটারা ৬৫ হাজার টাকা ও নবাগত শ্রেণীর ক্রিকেটারা ৪৬ হাজার টাকা বেতন পাবেন। [/বাংলা]

shakibrulz
April 2, 2012, 12:18 AM
No contract for Ashraful = best news imo

I mean no offense, he can play BPL, domestic cricket or even be with A sides and continue batting however he wants to - but keep him far away from the Test and ODI sides at least.

Rabz
April 2, 2012, 12:26 AM
15 is too less.
They should have at least 25 to 30 players in the contract.

BCB should have 3 tier contract system.

Green - Current National team players, eg, those who are included in the current contract.
You could have classification in this Green Zone like A B C.
Players in this zone : Max 15.
Salary : Minimum TK 80,000 in Grade C to Tk 200,000 in Grade A. (Per Player per month)

Yellow : The fringe and in-out players who are more likely to make the cut should one of the Green zone player drop out or miss out. Fringe players should be those who are included but not played in the national team yet, like Anamul, Abul Hasan etc. They should know they are in the management's thought and the inclusion wasn't just one-off.

In-out players like Zunaid, Shuvo, Naeem, Ash, Shahadat can make the cut anytime, given how there are 3 formats and one or other might be more suited for them. More importantly, after serving the national team and being there amongst the mix, these players should not be made to feel abandoned by their management. Its more like part of the retention program.

Players : Max 5 -7.
Salary : Between Tk 40,000 - Tk 60,000 (Per player per month)

Red Zone : The real rookies. Those fringe but havent made the cut yet, but are under the watch. It gives them hope, it gives them assurance. Players like Mominul, Asif Ahmed, Noor Hossain, Al Amin, those are being talked about as the future prospect and have performed well in the domestic league to be noticed.

Players : 6-8.
Salary : TK 25,000 (Per player per month).

A total of 25-30 players in the central contract.
Given how our boys tends to 'not' perform most times, we could have a performance clause specially those in the Green Zone.

zinatf
April 2, 2012, 12:53 AM
It's new if you had been paying attention. Recall that the OLD one had Nasur as rookie.

This meeting just ended a few ours ago.

:p

Allah asholeo to....jaihok, Razzak keno A+-e....NAsir should have been at least in grade B.

Rabz
April 2, 2012, 01:15 AM
Allah asholeo to....jaihok, Razzak keno A+-e....NAsir should have been at least in grade B.

Because Razzak is one of the senior most player in the team, played over 130+ ODIs, highest wicket taker in the ODI for Banladesh with 185 wickets, have a bowling average better than Shakib's (28.12 compared to Shakib's 28.85) and impressively, an Econ of 4.48 despite opening the bowling for Bangladesh many times and regularly bowling in the PP overs !!

zinatf
April 2, 2012, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the info Rabz bhai :)

playmaker
April 2, 2012, 10:16 AM
Because Razzak is one of the senior most player in the team, played over 130+ ODIs, highest wicket taker in the ODI for Banladesh with 185 wickets, have a bowling average better than Shakib's (28.12 compared to Shakib's 28.85) and impressively, an Econ of 4.48 despite opening the bowling for Bangladesh many times and regularly bowling in the PP overs !!

Agree, he is a top class bowler and gives good support to the bowlers. He might be wicketless at times but his ability to dry the runs off gives oppurtunity for bowlers like shakib to get wicket as the batsman are under pressure to score against another bowler

shuziburo
April 2, 2012, 10:24 AM
Nazmul Hossain got a pretty good contract, does that mean they'll finally start playing him more often?

One can only wish!

shuziburo
April 2, 2012, 10:26 AM

He might be south of 4 if he did not bowl those balls on the leg stamp.

lamisa
April 2, 2012, 01:31 PM
15 is too less

Roni_uk
April 2, 2012, 05:45 PM
what does this really mean? If you have a contract you get monthly salary, if you don't have a contract, you only get paid if you are called to play a match?i.e. per match basis. What is a typical per match fee?

AsifTheManRahman
April 2, 2012, 07:02 PM
If you're on a contract you get paid match fees too.

lamisa
April 3, 2012, 12:10 PM
match fee is about 1lakh per test match and i think about 70k per ODI

mufi_02
April 3, 2012, 01:11 PM
Current contracted players makes a lot of money comparing to BD standard. 70k per ODI + BCB Contract salary + DPL + BPL. They are slowly becoming the 1% :)

Navo
April 3, 2012, 01:33 PM
Given the avg. Bangladeshi wage and the fact that the richest people in BD have huge sums that are not documented on paper, it's likely that the BD contracted players are the 0.1%

I wouldn't be surprised, for instance, to hear that Shakib, on paper, has a higher income than Lotus Kamal. lol

HereWeGo
April 3, 2012, 02:15 PM
Given the avg. Bangladeshi wage and the fact that the richest people in BD have huge sums that are not documented on paper, it's likely that the BD contracted players are the 0.1%

I wouldn't be surprised, for instance, to hear that Shakib, on paper, has a higher income than Lotus Kamal. lol

Since the military backed government came to power after 1/11, this practise has reduced drastically, major reason because now any investment you make, you have to show full documents on how the money was obtained (by showing taxes u paid). This practise is not followed for investment in shares but very strictly followed for other businesses.

sadhat
April 3, 2012, 03:00 PM
As far as i know Srilonka contracted with lot of players in yearly contrac.That paid for them.To me only 15 is a very small number.
15 is still big number for Lotus. Too many hands for BCB money!!!

sadhat
April 3, 2012, 03:03 PM
15 is too less
15 jon je paise eitai Allah Allah koren. Sobor nai rey sobor nai. 15 jon re Lotus disey eitai onek. Or toe khana komey gelo. Lotus bhabtase... "Issss Robot diya jodi cricket khelano jaitoe. One time investment and thats life time contracts"

playmaker
April 4, 2012, 07:58 AM
Well, if BPL becomes more successful, id like to see the owners paying guys like shakib more money..i mean if afridi who is nowhere near sakib earns 7000Ks and sir Shakib earns 2000Ks then its quite unfair

BTW, many intl players earn more than our players because of foreing contracts and sponsorships

mufi_02
April 4, 2012, 08:44 AM

I think players like Shakib, TI and others deserves every penny. While most of the 1% makes money through chorakarbari, these guys works their *** off. Shakib had no break for more than 10-15 days in the past 3 years. He is 25 and already has 3 cars. I would be happy if I could buy one by then :)

Navo
April 4, 2012, 08:57 AM
Never said he didn't deserve to be in the 0.1%, Mufi. I obviously have no problems with hard working people getting their due.

mufi_02
April 4, 2012, 09:02 AM
Never said he didn't deserve to be in the 0.1%, Mufi. I obviously have no problems with hard working people getting their due.

I know you didn't :) . I am just saying that hard work and perseverance is getting rewarded. This makes me happy.