PDA

View Full Version : CI: Shakib wants a break

shuziburo
April 2, 2012, 11:02 AM
CI: "Shakib Al Hasan, the Bangladesh allrounder, is intent on getting a bit of rest from competitive cricket after the upcoming IPL, as he has not taken any substantial time off the game for more than two years. That could mean skipping a stint on the English county circuit this season, following his second season with Kolkata Knight Riders - the IPL ends on May 27, and Shakib is yet to firm up his county plans."

Rest of the article at Shakib intent on short break (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/559324.html).

I think he definitely should take a break. We cannot afford a burnout of our best player.

shuziburo
April 2, 2012, 11:04 AM
Shakib's full interview is at 'I don't think about much more than cricket' (http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/559307.html).

shuziburo
April 2, 2012, 11:08 AM
A telling statement, "World-class players are slightly better in these situations. At the end of the series, I believed that I am a very good player but still have a little left. If I can do that extra bit, I can help Bangladesh win many matches."

How many in Bangladesh team have the same thought process? We need more...

simon
April 2, 2012, 11:15 AM
finally Shakibrulz will get some rest too.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

MohammedC
April 2, 2012, 12:16 PM
finally Shakibrulz will get some rest too.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Shakibrulz deserves a break. Shakib Al Hasan not!!!!!

playmaker
April 2, 2012, 12:18 PM
totally agree, many batsman can score a 70 something innings when your team needs something like 100 from 150 balls with 7 wickets in hand, However, getting team over the line with same performance when your team needs 100 runs from 14 overs and 5 wickets to spare is a tough task and thats why such pressure situations can show whether you really are class or just some other player who cant play when your team needs you the most

Shakib hardly comes in comfortable situations, always when the team isnt in a comfortable condition and still getting to score healthy runs shows that he is nothing short of World Class batsman. You may have 30+ average like mullah and nafees but playing a usefull innings when it really matters REALLY MATTERS :)

zainab
April 4, 2012, 05:20 AM
Shakib does need at least 2 weeks R&R after the IPL. , but should have a bit of a stint in English County Cricket.

BANFAN
April 4, 2012, 05:00 PM
Shakib definitely needs a break. We have almost 4 months break between Asia cup and Zim series....so he can have it as well....