PDA

View Full Version : Mustafa Kamal claims assurances of an India tour later this year and other stuff

Zunaid
April 9, 2012, 10:38 AM
Monday, 09 April 2012

Media Release

Developments at adjourned 35th meeting of the BCB Board of Directors

BANGLADESH'S TOUR TO INDIA: BCB President AHM Mustafa Kamal informed the Board that he has had favourable discussions with BCCI President N Srinivasan during his recent visit to India and has received assurance that India will host Bangladesh for a full tour later this year.

RECRUITMENT OF NCA STAFF: Recruitment process for National Cricket Academy Head Coach (long term) and fast bowling coach, spin bowling coach, fielding coach, fitness trainer and physiotherapist (all short term) will be initiated soon.

CONTRACT EXTENSION: National Team fitness coach Grant Trafford Luden has received a one-year contract extension.

TV RIGHTS: BCB will initiate the tender process soon for selling its TV rights for a four-year period.
SPONSORSHIP RIGHT: Request for quotation will be initiated for  National Team Sponsorship, in-stadia & title sponsorship, ticket sponsorship, clothing sponsorship, NCA, beverage partnership, hospitality partner, licensee & merchandising.

Ajfar
April 9, 2012, 10:47 AM
Ya right, I don't believe anything this guy says. Its just something to forget about the the whole touring Pakistan episode he created, that's all.

Tiger444
April 9, 2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks Zunaid bhai for the news. The tour to India is a very good news. Our schedule was really thin and we needed another tour badly. Hopefully we get to play Test matches as well. No doubt it'll be a very tough tour but it should be a very good learning experience for our players.

Also I was thinking today about when we're going to hire an Academy coach. It's good they're hiring a full coaching staff. The current youngster seemed to have benefited a lot from Ross Turner. It's really important to have a full structure in place.

Rifat
April 9, 2012, 11:06 AM
until We hear news from India confirming the tour, I am not excited.

zinatf
April 9, 2012, 11:09 AM
Waiting for te assurance to become to become unfavourable....

zinatf
April 9, 2012, 11:16 AM
[বাংলা]ডিসেম্বরে ভারত সফর করবে বাংলাদেশ
স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
ঢাকা: অবশেষে ভারত সফরে যাচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দল। ইন্ডিয়ান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিসিআই) সভাপতি এন শ্রীনিভাসন বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) সভাপতিকে আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামালকে এই নিশ্চয়তা দিয়েছেন।

২০১২ সালের ডিসেম্বরেরর মধ্যে সিরিজ হবে বলে মোস্তফা কামাল বাংলানিউজকে জানান। তিনি বলেন,`বিসিসিআই সভাপতির সাথে আমার কথা হয়েছে। তিনি আমাকে নিশ্চিত করেছেন ডিসেম্বরের ভেতরে তারা বাংলাদেশকে আমন্ত্রণ জানাবে পুর্ন সিরিজের জন্য।`

ওয়ানডে এবং টেস্ট মর্যাদা পাওয়ার পর এই প্রথম ভারত তাদের দেশে বাংলাদেশকে আমন্ত্রণ জানাতে রাজি হয়েছে। গত ২ এপ্রিল ভারত সফরে গিয়েছিলেন মোস্তফা কামাল। সফরে বিসিসিআই সভাপতির সঙ্গে বৈঠক করেন তিনি। তখন শ্রীনিভাসন তাকে আশ্বস্ত করেন এ বছর তারা বাংলাদেশকে তাদের দেশে খেলার সুযোগ দিবে।[/বাংলা]

Source: http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=062d29eda5768eacb19bc7fe12fbe 05d&nttl=20120409090832102864

roman
April 9, 2012, 11:16 AM
until We hear news from India confirming the tour, I am not excited.
Exactly..Will believe it when i see it.

Night_wolf
April 9, 2012, 11:20 AM
by the way BCB er chairman nirbachon kobe?..amar mone hoche aita lotas er akta publicity stunt

Shubho
April 9, 2012, 12:03 PM
Anyone else getting a whiff of some foul-smelling excrement of a certain bull? Or is it just me?

lamisa
April 9, 2012, 12:14 PM
^^^ ur not the only one here!

Purbasha T
April 9, 2012, 12:15 PM
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Mustafa Kamal has said he has received an assurance from the BCCI president N Srinivasan that India will host Bangladesh for a full tour later in the year, according to a BCB release sent out after an adjourned board meeting. Bangladesh haven't played a Test series in India since gaining Test status in 2000. They have, however, hosted India for a Test series on four occasions.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/560548.html

Edit: Oh okay, according to BCB release lol!...But still it's unlikely to be completely bogus. Sooner or later we're going to tour India and hand them their behind at their own home. ;)

bd fan
April 9, 2012, 03:29 PM
After our win against them in the Asia Cup, I wouldn't be surprised If India wanted to thrash us in a home series. :)

al Furqaan
April 9, 2012, 04:18 PM
Wonder what Zaka Ashraf will say now?

Leafs PWN
April 9, 2012, 04:35 PM
Typical of India. Wanting to trash us after we beat them.

Keep beating them boys!!

Leafs PWN
April 9, 2012, 04:36 PM
Wonder what Zaka Ashraf will say now?

Bangladesh's loss for not playing against the mighty Pakistanis.

The worst he can do is pull out Pak guys from the BPL, which wouldn't be so bad considering the math fixing risks.

nsd3
April 9, 2012, 08:19 PM
Mr Kamal seems to be more of a politician than an organizer - PCB k bhaloi ghol khawalao - ICC vote already ensured, BPL went live with Pak players dominating the foreign recruits etc. Now a stunt was needed while the Premier League is under some obvious threat. Diverting attention has been seen as his favourite ploy while getting busy in doing things that is right politically only in Bangladesh.

I'd, however, like if India tour really takes place this year.

Point to note: There was a comment published recently - BCB would look to organize other nations (even if they are assocciates) to play Bangladesh and keep our players in the playing conditions as our next FTP tour is not due before August. I'd humbly suggest this could be followed up in this thread as well.

PoorFan
April 10, 2012, 12:44 AM
Typical of India. Wanting to trash us after we beat them.

Typical of fans rather, riding high on some trash talk.

senman
April 10, 2012, 12:51 AM
95% sure not happening but if happens it will be good.

BengaliPagol
April 10, 2012, 12:55 AM
i read a comment in the article which was quite interesting and could be correct.

The reason India didnt allow Bangladesh to tour India for the last 9 years is because they knew they wont make much money out off that tour. Not many people would show up and there wouldnt be that many sponsors for this series. BCCI is money hungry.

But the reason why India are letting Bangladesh tour now is because Indians want revenge from the loss they encountered in the Asia Cup. BCCI know people would come out to see Bangladesh getting thrashed after they were humiliated.

PoorFan
April 10, 2012, 01:06 AM
But the reason why India are letting Bangladesh tour now is because Indians want revenge from the loss they encountered in the Asia Cup. BCCI know people would come out to see Bangladesh getting thrashed after they were humiliated.
BCCI needed 5 years to figure that out? Its amazing! These kind of comments either be brilliant or the rest are just dumb as stone.

simon
April 10, 2012, 05:25 AM
watched it on Ekushey TV last night.

Antora
April 10, 2012, 06:18 AM
We should be just as arogant and say we don't want to play India. -_- So sick of their big brother attitude.

Purbasha T
April 10, 2012, 06:52 AM
^ And I'm as :sick: of our little brother attitude.

mufi_02
April 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
The reason India didnt allow Bangladesh to tour India for the last 9 years is because they knew they wont make much money out off that tour. Not many people would show up and there wouldnt be that many sponsors for this series. BCCI is money hungry.

This excuse doesn't make any sense to me either. India are hosting NZ for a full series later this year. NZ don't have any iconic players to make this tour memorable or crowd pulling. Out of 4.4 million population, and cricket being the distant second or third party after Rugby, Footy, and others, at best few hundred thousand will watch the game on TV. We can get that much TV following from one neighborhood in Dhaka. Plus, Ind-Ban series can take multiple social, cultural rivalry while there is no such Ind-NZ bonds.

Its just BD tag. That's why BCCI is ignoring us.

al Furqaan
April 10, 2012, 02:47 PM
I've heard BCCI only has 16 days free next season...not enough time for a full series which requires at last 25 days.

This series is not happening, BCCI won't postpone a series with NZ even though we'd prolly be more competitive in Indian conditions.

idrinkh2O
April 10, 2012, 03:30 PM
Whenever India is ready to invite us, I think they should choose the Kolkata venue (eden garden) :)

BANFAN
April 10, 2012, 04:01 PM
Everyone related to cricket in BD are literally begging for a tour to India ... Yes, we should be looking for more matches, but crying so much for a tour to India isn't worth it. Fans are no exception. We should keep playing good cricket and keep quiet about touring India. If India wants, they will invite. What's so special touring India??

Leafs PWN
April 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
Everyone related to cricket in BD are literally begging for a tour to India ... Yes, we should be looking for more matches, but crying so much for a tour to India isn't worth it. Fans are no exception. We should keep playing good cricket and keep quiet about touring India. If India wants, they will invite. What's so special touring India??

And how do you expect us to play good cricket when we have 1 series a year?

No one is begging for a tour. We need to play as much as we can.

Having egos in this matter doesn't benefit us.

BANFAN
April 10, 2012, 04:43 PM
And how do you expect us to play good cricket when we have 1 series a year?

No one is begging for a tour. We need to play as much as we can.

Having egos in this matter doesn't benefit us.

:)

Playing India or Pakistan or any team ... Increases number of matches.... Here the point is touring India because they have never invited us... Not increasing number of matches... Where from you see ego here?? Yes, if they invite you should go and play...but why cry and beg for invitation ?? Invite them to BD if you want to have more matches...

If you want more matches, approach all board and there is no shame in saying that we want /more matches... ...no need to raise the issue that ohh India has never invited us... Please invite us in India...etc etc that's matter of self respect not ego..you can't grumble about someone not inviting you........

lamisa
April 11, 2012, 12:28 PM
best thing ever would be if india invites us and we turn them down!

Night_wolf
April 11, 2012, 12:36 PM

we are not in any position to do that tbh

reality is we will never be in a position to do that, Even the best team in the world would not do that

a tour of india=Big money

Purbasha T
April 11, 2012, 01:24 PM

Why do the exact same act that we've been cursing at the doers of?

(lol... is my sentence grammatically correct? a bit confused :-p)

Shubho
April 11, 2012, 02:18 PM
PPL = Pakistani Panpanani League?

Mahmood
April 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
we are not in any position to do that tbh

reality is we will never be in a position to do that, Even the best team in the world would not do that

a tour of india=Big money

The opposite, a tour of India to your country is big money, you will make a fortune just on the TV deal, let alone the sponsors to display adds and sold out tickets.

If you are visiting India, the money is their's to make. But India only wants to invite countries it can make huge money on, sadly Bangladesh is not one of them.

Rifat
April 11, 2012, 03:32 PM
The opposite, a tour of India to your country is big money, you will make a fortune just on the TV deal, let alone the sponsors to display adds and sold out tickets.

If you are visiting India, the money is their's to make. But India only wants to invite countries it can make huge money on, sadly Bangladesh is not one of them.

that may change after the T20 World Cup 2012 :-p

BANFAN
April 11, 2012, 06:09 PM

I Agree.... Let the team improve so much that, India begs for a tour in India...till then we shouldn't talk about it.

What's the point forcing them to invite us and be thrashed right and left... Then they will make a joke of the demand... It's always better to keep quiet on certain issues...until you are sure that you won't look like a joker at the end.

We need more matches, we can try with all boards and invite them to our place.... To be honest we aren't yet that consistent even at home....NZ and Asiq cup...that's it. Let's keep doing it, until...the touring teams feel that their ijjat is at stake and feel the necessity to invite us to beat us and recover their ijjat. ...we have to create that demand by our performance at home...

And as Mahmood said, we can earn more money also by playing bigger teams at home, specially India. So it's just our ego..that's why we want to force people to invite us. or may be Kormokortader bidesh sofor er/bouder shopping er shubidha hoy.

Tintin
April 11, 2012, 08:50 PM
I've heard BCCI only has 16 days free next season...not enough time for a full series which requires at last 25 days.

This series is not happening, BCCI won't postpone a series with NZ even though we'd prolly be more competitive in Indian conditions.

This is the problem. Next season there is a much awaited bilateral series against Sri Lanka, followed by visits by New Zealand, England, Australia (the last two are four test series) plus Champions League and the T20 World Cup. Unless there is a strong enough political reason (probably involving Pakistan and ICC), this series won't happen. There is not enough space even for a diluted series with young players like the WI tour last year.

Isnaad
April 12, 2012, 01:34 AM
I don't understand why we need to go through so much panpanani to go to India and play...It is not as if India has the best grounds in the world, neither does a tour to India assure us free wins over them...Rather we should try and tour Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England more often if possible. That would do greater good to our cricket.

shakibrulz
April 12, 2012, 01:49 AM
Rather we should try and tour Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England more often if possible. That would do greater good to our cricket.
Bangladesh hasn't toured India EVER, have they? So yes, I do think it's relevant. And I don't think any of the above countries would be willing to host now, I would rather make sure that BD gets as many home games as possible and draw games there first.

godzilla
April 12, 2012, 03:25 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/560548.html

Edit: Oh okay, according to BCB release lol!...But still it's unlikely to be completely bogus. Sooner or later we're going to tour India and hand them their behind at their own home. ;)

Woudn't that be a dream come true :P

Maysun
April 12, 2012, 04:17 AM
I'm not sure how the BCCI would allocate a series for us, considering India are playing a lot of cricket towards the end of the year. Expect them to field a weaker squad. Good chance to get some wins under the belt in India!

uss01
April 12, 2012, 05:13 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::up:

Isnaad
April 12, 2012, 05:50 AM
Bangladesh hasn't toured India EVER, have they? So yes, I do think it's relevant. And I don't think any of the above countries would be willing to host now, I would rather make sure that BD gets as many home games as possible and draw games there first.

Bangladesh has toured India. It's just that they haven't toured India for any 'bilateral' series. I think it is very much within possibilities for us to visit New Zealand and West Indies for playing bilateral series. But there needs to be initiative from BCB for that to happen.
And even India aren't going to host us NOW. I echo your last words as well but at the same time I would love to see our team go to NZ or WI or even both countries instead of India in the near future.
The more we play abroad (outside the sub-continent), the faster we will toughen up as a team. Besides, it has been so long we haven't toured any of the countries outside the Indian sub-continent (Letting Zimbabwe aside).

cricket_king
April 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
LOL @ the thought of an india tour. That's probably less likely than the Pakistan tour.

Anyway, like Isnaad has mentioned above, playing against non-Asian teams away from home is much faster way to improve. Screw the india tour, bring on a South Africa/New Zealand tour.

I'm sure NZ is dying for chance at revenge. ;)

MarvinDaMartian
April 18, 2012, 10:06 AM
গোবরে পদ্মফুলের কথা শুনেছি, কিন্তু পদ্মফুলের মাথায় যে গোবর থাকে সেটা জানতাম না।