PDA

View Full Version : No Zimbabwe tour in August.

Murad
April 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Zim tour delayed
(http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=230539)Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh cricket team will have to be content with playing minnows in the next few months after their August tour to Zimbabwe has been delayed to next year.

This was informed by Bangladesh Cricket Board director Enayet Hossain Siraj, the chairman of the cricket operations committee, after a meeting held at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday.

Bangladesh were supposed to play two Tests, three ODIs and a Twenty20 during the tour but it will now be pushed back by eight months into a late southern African summer.

"They have informed us that both their grounds are not prepared so it won't be possible in August," said Siraj, "They proposed for the tour in October but it won't be possible in because we will have domestic season at the time. So we agree to hold it in April 2013."

As was planned, the Tigers will tour Europe to play Ireland in a four-day game, three one-dayers and two Twenty20 games. There is also consideration for matches against the Netherlands and Scotland during the tour.

The more pressing matter in hand however is the Pakistan tour, whether the Tigers will be given a schedule to train ahead of the two matches. Siraj said that they are playing in cool so far. "We have discussed the issue but we will wait for the ICC to let the board know about the progress," he said.

With less than two weeks left for the scheduled first game to be held on April 29, it is interesting to see the Tigers not training yet as its increasingly becoming a hurriedly prepared tour.

Meanwhile, the BCB have been invited to send a team to Trinidad & Tobago for a tournament commemorating the island's Independence Day in August. The winners will get $20,000 and the organisers will bear all expenses. A BCB Eleven could be sent, it was learned.

Nadim
April 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
WTF??? This is just BS from zimbos.

RIP Bangladesh crickey until....?????????

simon
April 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
eto breaking news,matha kharap koira dilo re :drool::drool: :head:

MohammedC
April 17, 2012, 01:24 PM
To be honest I am happy for tigers to tour next April. If they plan our domestic cleverly our players will be match fit as they will be coming to the end of Bangladesh Domestic Season.

Nadim
April 17, 2012, 01:30 PM
But i'm happy that bcb turned down their offer to tour in octobor. if they don't do us a favour than why should we?

Remember asking $$$$ for staying extra day when we tour them last yr?

WarWolf
April 17, 2012, 02:00 PM
We could invite Zimbo here.

MarufH
April 17, 2012, 02:02 PM
Zimbos realized only way they will beat us is with green as ogre pitch. Now that they dont have a pitch like that, they want more time to create one. This is outrageous! :shakibscream:

BANFAN
April 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
I like the Trinidad and Tobago tournament ... Let us send the academy or A Team.... Let them have a go at 20,000 $ .... :)

Murad
April 17, 2012, 02:07 PM
"We have requested (the BCB) that the series be moved to October from August," Ozias Bvute, ZC's managing director, told ESPNcricinfo. "This is because we want to work on our wickets and squares in Harare and Bulawayo; they have been very flat over the last few years so we want to make them livelier. We were supposed to do this work earlier but because South Africa are visiting for five T20s in June, we can only do it later."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/561619.html

Lol.
BCB offer ta accept na kore bhaloi koreche. :up:

Equinox
April 17, 2012, 02:10 PM
Shouldn't they be touring us this year since we toured them the last year? No offence but watching cricket in Zimbabwe is really dull. The pitches are dead and hardly a hundred people turn up to watch the games.

MohammedC
April 17, 2012, 02:13 PM
"We have requested (the BCB) that the series be moved to October from August," Ozias Bvute, ZC's managing director, told ESPNcricinfo. "This is because we want to work on our wickets and squares in Harare and Bulawayo; they have been very flat over the last few years so we want to make them livelier. We were supposed to do this work earlier but because South Africa are visiting for five T20s in June, we can only do it later."

Lol.
Good job BCB!! :up:

BCB are you listening. We need to prepare few livelier track so our boys can practice before the face the Zim pacers.

idrinkh2O
April 17, 2012, 02:15 PM
I'm silently protesting this...august 2013 tour-ta april 2013-e neya jai. kintu ei bochor-er ta ei bochor-i chai. amra eto kore bollam last year-e je ekta practice match dao, zim beta-ra dilo na. We need to stop doing favors to others (zim, pk...)

outrageous. shocking. shob incompetent diye bcb vorti (25 freaking directors (http://tigercricket.com/board.html) including Lotus uncle)...eto chilla-chiili kore shamanno jinish niye club-khela bondho koira dei, ncl bondho koira dei..kintu ashol jaigai (intenational) -e bully na hoiya biral hoi. jotto shob. tather shobar Rail montrir moto podothag/quit kora uchit.

:mad: :head: :-P

BANFAN
April 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm silently protesting this...august 2013 tour-ta april 2013-e neya jai. kintu ei bochor-er ta ei bochor-i chai. amra eto kore bollam last year-e je ekta practice match dao, zim beta-ra dilo na. We need to stop doing favors to others (zim, pk...)

outrageous. shocking. shob incompetent diye bcb vorti (25 freaking directors (http://tigercricket.com/board.html) including Lotus uncle)...eto chilla-chiili kore shamanno jinish niye club-khela bondho koira dei, ncl bondho koira dei..kintu ashol jaigai (intenational) -e bully na hoiya biral hoi. jotto shob. tather shobar Rail montrir moto podothag/quit kora uchit.

:mad: :head: :-P

They offered october this year, but BCB didn't accept...they accepted next year...

idrinkh2O
April 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
^^i know bro. sorry, I wasn't clear about it. August 2012 should be August 2012, not october or otherwise...cause last time when I checked (August 2011) they were not helpful to us. So why should we? (Don't get me wrong...I love zimslog;)) We have favored them countless times in the past and they couln't give us practice matches when they knew clearly we had monsoon problem in BD(last year). I call that a selfish action by zim board. era je kemon bondhu tokoni bujchi.

Maysun
April 17, 2012, 04:23 PM
So not much competitive cricket before the T20 WC

AMD128
April 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
So, Zim is playing 5 T20's against SA? A great way to prepare for the T20 world Cup. Whom are we playing? :/

tejkuni
April 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
We could invite Zimbo here.

Yes, we can invite Zimbabwe for a Test series during that time.

Roni_uk
April 17, 2012, 06:07 PM
Breaking news # 3 in third consecutive day.. whats next?

MohammedC
April 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, we can invite Zimbabwe for a Test series during that time.

During August in Bangladesh.

Naimul_Hd
April 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Murad

dammit. Bad news after bad news.

Why do they (zim) need to make livelier pitch ? We don't need livelier pitch, we are happy to play in flat track (its their disadvantage that they could not prepare the pitch as they wanted). Why did even BCB agree to postpone the series !?

Murad
April 17, 2012, 08:00 PM
So, Zim is playing 5 T20's against SA? A great way to prepare for the T20 world Cup. Whom are we playing? :/

Against Ireland 2 T20s.
Against Pakistan 1 T20.

Murad
April 17, 2012, 08:07 PM
dammit. Bad news after bad news.

Why do they (zim) need to make livelier pitch ? We don't need livelier pitch, we are happy to play in flat track (its their disadvantage that they could not prepare the pitch as they wanted). Why did even BCB agree to postpone the series !?

I think BCB don't want to repeat the same mistake they did last year. Last year BD went to Zimbabwe without playing any FC cricket for long time and players performed very poorly and lost the game.

And this time before the tour only 1 FC game is scheduled which is not enough. So they want to go there well prepared this time.

cricket_pagol
April 17, 2012, 08:56 PM
Damn it, lacks of cricket in this year will hurt us really badly. BCB is really letting us down in term of planning :(

zsayeed
April 17, 2012, 09:05 PM
Ekhono boltasi FC chaloo koro!
And make sure Tamim plays... he last played in Nov 2007!

WorldCup11
April 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
Tour fixing :-/ Everything happening when big bosses are all in Dubai !

Dilscoop
April 17, 2012, 10:14 PM
They are trying to make the pitches "livelier" so they can bounce us out? Really? Who in their team bowls over 120ks? Mr Ordinary? And lol, I just love how they "couldn't do it during SA tour." Chickensht. Those Saffer guys would have ripped them apart.

Good reply by BCB. "We'd rather play our domestic league than tour you."

BengaliPagol
April 17, 2012, 11:35 PM
BD boys also need to get used to playing in livelier pitches.

Night_wolf
April 18, 2012, 12:48 AM
so shakib is free to play county?

Leafs PWN
April 18, 2012, 02:54 AM
:facepalm:

Rifat H
April 18, 2012, 08:29 AM
playing against Ireland in their home condition is a very good idea . That will be one interesting series

al-Sagar
April 18, 2012, 08:54 AM
zimbabwe bhoy paise ...... ora ekhon livlier pitch banacche banak ...... amader shafiul rubel abaul hasan ra ase na .... mash dada o back korse .... and oi sob lively pitche SRK er puborjonmo hobe

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2012, 09:42 AM
Shafiul/Abul ra jodi janto lively pitch e kemne ball korte hoy tahole to hoisiloi. Amader fast bowlerra lively pitch/deadly pitch kono pitch ei ball korte jane na. Baje line/length e ball felle apni jekono pitch ei maar khaben.

Rubel/Mashrafe ke niye ektu asha kora jaay, kintu Mashrafe Test khelte giye achar khailei hoise, khel khotom, career shesh.

Bottom line: Our batsmen need to man the heck up and make sure we win.

MohammedC
April 18, 2012, 10:58 AM
Just remembered. We have Rubel injured needs an operation. Shafiul also has injury but not as bad as Rubel. Mash has recovered but need to gain more fitness to play test match. I think Zimbabwe has made a big mistake there.

You no what I am happy.

End of discussion from my part. (Time for emoticon)

:fire:

deshimon
April 18, 2012, 03:06 PM
Zimbabwe tour is postpond, that means we are long time aloof from Test cricket which isn't good for us. Normally we can't play enough Test match now we cann't play almost one year a Test match. It will degrade the gragh of our Test performance. BCB shouldn't change the tour schedule. Zimbabwe always try to do in favour of themselves but BCB should also think our own interest. Otherwise we never come out as a good Test.

roman
April 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
[বাংলা]যে কারণে জিম্বাবুয়ে সফর স্থগিত
<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->[/URL] (http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=252965&pub_no=1027&type=#)[URL="http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=252965&pub_no=1027&type=#"] (http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=252965&pub_no=1027&type=#)

<!-- AddThis Button END -->

স্পোর্টস ডেস্ক
পাকিস্তান যখন জামাই আদর করে নিয়ে যাওয়ার জন্য ব্যস্ত, তখন জিম্বাবুয়ে হাত জোড় করে অনুরোধ করেছে_ আপনারা একটু পরে আসুন। জিম্বাবুয়ের এ অপারগতার মধ্যে অবশ্য কোনো কূটচাল নেই। আদতেই তারা এখন কোনো সিরিজ আয়োজন করার মতো অবস্থায় নেই। যদিও জিম্বাবুয়ে ক্রিকেটের পক্ষ থেকে জানানো হয়েছে, তাদের মাঠের পিচগুলো সংস্কার করা হবে, সে জন্য বাংলাদেশকে তারা অক্টোবরে আমন্ত্রণ জানিয়েছিল। এর আগে একবার 'ঠাণ্ডা'র ভয় দেখিয়েও বাংলাদেশকে আসতে বারণ করা হয়েছিল; কিন্তু আসল কারণটি তারা কখনোই জানাননি। আসলে ব্যাংক থেকে লোন নিয়ে চলা জিম্বাবুয়ে ক্রিকেটের আর্থিক অবস্থা এখন এতটাই করুণ যে, কাউকে ডেকে নিয়ে সেখানে পূর্ণাঙ্গ সিরিজ আয়োজন করাটা তাদের পক্ষে সম্ভব নয়। আর তাই বাংলাদেশকে সবিনয় অনুরোধ করার পর দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকাকেও জানিয়ে দিয়েছে, জুনে যে ৫ ম্যাচের টি২০ খেলার কথা রয়েছে, সেটা টেলিভিশনে সম্প্রচার করতে পারবেন না। এমনকি ফ্লাড লাইট জ্বালিয়ে ওই ম্যাচগুলোও চালাতে পারবেন না। 'দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা আমাদের সুহৃদ প্রতিবেশী। টি২০ বিশ্বকাপের প্রস্তুতি নিতে তারাই আমাদের অনুরোধ করেছিল হারারেতে জুনে ৫টি টি২০ ম্যাচ খেলতে। এ টুর্নামেন্টের জন্য আমাদের কোনো বাজেট বরাদ্দ নেই। তাছাড়া এ মুহূর্তে ম্যাচগুলো টেলিভিশনে সম্প্রচার করার মতোও আর্থিক অবস্থা নেই আমাদের। আমরা শুধু দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকান দলের হোটেল খরচটা দিতে পারব।' জিম্বাবুয়ে ক্রিকেটের ম্যানেজিং ডিরেক্টর জিয়াস ভুবুটে একরকম লজ্জার মাথা খেয়েই নিজেদের আর্থিক অসঙ্গতির কথা অতিথিদের জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন।
২০ জুন থেকে শুরু হওয়া ৫ দিনে পাঁচটি টি২০ ম্যাচের জন্য জিম্বাবুয়ের বাজেট না থাকলেও আইসিসির এফটিপি ক্যালেন্ডার মেনে আগস্টে বাংলাদেশের পূর্ণাঙ্গ সিরিজের জন্য বাজেট বরাদ্দ নিশ্চয় ছিল জিম্বাবুয়ানদের। কিন্তু তারা এ সফর পেছানোর অনুরোধ করেছেন প্রথমে সেখানকার ঠাণ্ডা আবহাওয়ার কথা বলে। পরে জানিয়েছেন, হারারে এবং বুলাওয়েতে উইকেট সংস্কার করে তবেই বাংলাদেশকে আমন্ত্রণ জানানো হবে। 'বিসিবিকে আমরা অনুরোধ করেছি, সফরটা এ বছরের অক্টোবরে নিয়ে যেতে। কারণ আমাদের দুটি মাঠের উইকেট এখন অনেকটাই ফ্ল্যাট। সেগুলোকে প্রাণবন্ত করার জন্য আমাদের সময়ের দরকার। ' ভুবুটের এ অনুরোধ মেনে নিয়েছে বিসিবি।
[/বাংলা]

www.shamokal.com (http://www.shamokal.com)

MohammedC
April 18, 2012, 03:36 PM
^^^

Ek bar bole pitch tare spicy banate shomoy lagbe arek bar bole poyshar ovab.

Night_wolf
April 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
amra to free, eder amader desh e khelte amontron janalei to hoy

deshimon
April 19, 2012, 02:47 AM
amra to free, eder amader desh e khelte amontron janalei to hoy

Exactly, we are free and they had a schedule with us. If they cann't host us we can invite them the same time. But it has a problem with weather in Bangladesh. If they have time we can take it one month later in September. In September the weather in Bangladesh is suitable for cricket.

Isnaad
April 19, 2012, 07:54 AM
Things just could not get worse. Just when we were getting into the groove.

MohammedC
April 19, 2012, 07:56 AM
Things just could not get worse. Just when we were getting into the groove.

Isnaad tell me which 4 pacers you will take. And which 3 you will play since the pitch will favour seamers not spinners.

Isnaad
April 19, 2012, 08:14 AM
Isnaad tell me which 4 pacers you will take. And which 3 you will play since the pitch will favour seamers not spinners.

Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Shafiul Islam, Abul Hasan.
Any 3 among those 5 would be okay against Zimbabwe. Although we should not be underestimating Zim, they are still a weak team and at the end of the day, no matter how bad or how good the pitches are, our spinners WILL make the difference. That applies for whenever the tour takes place, 2012, 2013 or 2014.
By things just could not get worse I tried to point at the FACT that we are going to have to contend with non-Test playing nations till September! Sad.

MohammedC
April 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
Rubel Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Shafiul Islam, Abul Hasan.

Rubel Hossain: Injured and need complicated shoulder operation and after that would need at least 2-3 months to recover. Count him out

Mashrafee Mortaza: Mash himself withdrew him from NCL last round stating he needs more fitness to play 4 day match.

So your pace attack for Zim will look like 3 injury prawns bowler Shafiul, Nazmul and Abuuuul.

Ace84
April 24, 2012, 02:14 PM
Zimbabwe would probably have beaten you guys black and blue as they did earlier this year so this may not be such a bad thing for you guys