PDA

View Full Version : CI Magazine: "Mash looks on the bright side"

Dilscoop
April 19, 2012, 12:25 AM
Mashrafe Mortaza has hobbled from injury to comeback all through his career. Now 29 and ten operations later, he is back again, and aiming to make it count.

Mohammad Isam
April 19, 2012

In the Asia Cup game against Sri Lanka there were tell-tale signs of distress; he held his calf, bent down a few times, trying to get the blood flow going in his knees, and walked off once or twice. If he couldn't complete his full quota of ten overs, Mushfiqur Rahim would have the chore of finding another option. But Mashrafe trudged back from the viewing area with some more strapping on his right knee, bowled two spells of two overs each, and finished with a two-run, two-wicket final over as the innings closed with a ball to spare.

Full article (http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/561583.html)

Dilscoop
April 19, 2012, 12:26 AM
On topic: good read.

Fav part: "Sometimes I feel it is an addiction, love. It changes with time. We are professionals but when we walk out together and stand for the national anthem, such a moment can't be bought with money. Cricket now has IPL, BPL and many other things, but there's no comparison to this. Money has no place in this. I sometimes feel that I would play for Bangladesh without money," he said.

For the JS lovers:
Having said that, one of his previous returns from injury, in March 2010, wasn't exactly happy. "It wasn't a dressing room like it is now. I have played for ten years, so I can say what's happening in a dressing room as soon as I step in. At the time there was a lot of self-centred behaviour. The difference was like chalk and cheese, with the same group of players.
Something that Law was able to get rid of.

Off topic: My way of saying "eff the OTs."

BengaliPagol
April 19, 2012, 02:11 AM
Mash is a true fighter. Through so many injuries he still is playing cricket for Bangladesh. True inspiration.

firstlane
April 19, 2012, 05:33 AM
Something that Law was able to get rid of.

that's what I was thinking too while reading.

deshimon
April 19, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mashrafi is a true fighter. He shows his fighting mentality once and again. He can also encourage his team.

oronnya
April 19, 2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks a looott Isam for this great interview.. Yeah we often forget those unsung heroes.. Kudos to Mash- A true fighter- inspiriration for all the cricketers!!:notworthy:

Leafs PWN
April 19, 2012, 12:07 PM
Great article.

Mashrafe's biggest quality is that he never gives up. We need people like him and Shakib in the dressing room to lead our team, and help make us confident of our own abilities.

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2012, 01:02 PM
Good read. It's good to see Rahim utilizing his experienced resources in this manner. I'm sure it gave Masri the feeling that his experience is valued within the team as well as a lot of confidence with this coming from the captain.