PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: HC halts Tigers' Pakistan trip

auntu
April 19, 2012, 05:02 AM
Dhaka, Apr 19 (bdnews24.com) — The High Court on Thursday halted for four weeks Bangladesh's planned tour of Pakistan.

At the same time, it questioned the legality of the Bangladesh Cricket Board's decision to send Bangladesh cricketers on a short trip to the strife-torn country.

The two teams are scheduled to play a one-dayer on Apr 29 and a Twenty20 international the next day at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

It ordered the sports secretary, National Sports Council chief and Bangladesh Cricket Board chief to justify the decision for the tour in the meantime.

The bench of justices Farid Ahmed and Sheikh Hassan Arif gave the order upon a petition challenging the BCB move for the tour scheduled for the end of this month.

The petitioners, Supreme Court lawyer Kamal Hossain Miazi and Daffodil International University law department chairman Khandker Didar-Us-Salam, cited security concerns for seeking such an injunction.
Clarifying his clients' argument, Azim had earlier said, "The [International Cricket Council] declared the tour after sitting with BCB and PCB [Pakistan Cricket Board] on Sunday. The ICC asked for a security plan from PCB. They have still not given it."

He continued, "Pakistan is not safe for any foreign teams now. Their own media including their English daily Dawn says so. For that reason, no country agrees to play there. Under the same circumstances, we should not go there also."

http://cricket.bdnews24.com/details.php?cid=26&id=222774&?us=p4i29oufbl8drjnc6kv4pcj3g0

Khela besh jome utheche....

BANFAN
April 19, 2012, 05:16 AM
Head Line should say : Breaking News ...:)

Perfect twist....

simon
April 19, 2012, 05:17 AM
mojai moja :)

WorldCup11
April 19, 2012, 05:28 AM
Khelar ekhono finishing touch baki :) I think chief justice can overrule
any high/supreme court decession ... Let's see :)

BengaliPagol
April 19, 2012, 05:34 AM
i hope the FBI gets involved in this

Naimul_Hd
April 19, 2012, 06:02 AM
Pakistan er sathe khelar cheye Kamal, PCB ar ekhon HC er khelai to bhalo lagse :)

amar11432
April 19, 2012, 06:12 AM
So there are people with some sense in BD, Thank GOD! Cancel this farce tour.

auntu
April 19, 2012, 06:14 AM
Head Line should say : Breaking News ...:)

Perfect twist....
Any mod to take the action?

shakibrulz
April 19, 2012, 06:21 AM
Finally some sanity!

Maysun
April 19, 2012, 06:27 AM
Dhaka High Court puts four-week tour embargo (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-bangladesh-2012/content/story/561795.html?CMP=chrome)

Dhaka High Court puts four-week tour embargo
Mohammad Isam
April 19, 2012

The Dhaka High Court has ordered a four-week suspension of the Bangladesh cricket team's tour of Pakistan, scheduled to take place next week. It also ordered that in the interim period the sports secretary, the National Sports Council chief and Bangladesh Cricket Board chief Mustafa Kamal justify the decision for the tour.

The implications of the decision - whether it can and will be challenged - are not immediately known but the decision has added to doubts over whether the tour will indeed go ahead.

Officials of the BCB were unavailable for comment after the court order, delivered by Justices Farid Ahmed and Sheikh Hasan Arif on Thursday afternoon. A PCB statement, however, noted the news "with extreme concern."

The order was on a writ petition filed in the morning by a university teacher and a Supreme Court lawyer who challenged the BCB's decision to send the team at the end of April for a three-day tour. The petitioners cited security concerns for their injunction plea.

Azim, one of the lawyers for the petitioners, said: "The ICC asked for a security plan from PCB. They have still not given it."

He continued, "Pakistan is not safe for any foreign teams now. Their own media says so. For that reason, no country agrees to play there. Under the same circumstances, we should not go there also."

Bangladesh are scheduled to play a one-day game and a Twenty20 at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on April 29 and 30.

Mohammad Isam is senior sports reporter at the Daily Star in Dhaka

Feeds: Mohammad Isam

dash
April 19, 2012, 06:36 AM
The circus continues

simon
April 19, 2012, 06:59 AM
I feel like it may have something to do after Loot(us) uncle's interview where he said something like, I make decisions, govt. has nothing to do in it.
who knows? we are full of ego related problems.

Miraz
April 19, 2012, 07:07 AM
Now Lotus Kamal should visit Pakistan to show solidarity and play an exhibition match at Gaddafi stadium.

x2man007
April 19, 2012, 07:16 AM
ha ha ha ........ hi hi hi........... he he he........ nice!

Glad the players are going to be safe!

Antora
April 19, 2012, 07:23 AM
Lol! So much drama this week :p.

Isnaad
April 19, 2012, 07:29 AM
I'm lovin it.

Roey Haque
April 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
Safety first!

Bonglababu
April 19, 2012, 07:45 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/420117_307584862625659_257320690985410_971588_1793 565352_n.jpg

Zunaid
April 19, 2012, 08:15 AM
Thursday, 19 April 2012

BCB Media Release

Bangladesh Tour of Pakistan

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has been notified of a writ petition filed today (Thursday, 19 April 2012) with the Honourable High Court Division of the Supreme Court challenging Bangladesh National Cricket Team’s Tour to Pakistan and the subsequent stay order of four weeks issued by the Court.

Because of this ruling from the Court the Board is not in a position to commit to the Tour of Pakistan on the dates agreed (April 28 - May 01, 2012) recently by the BCB and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). This has been communicated to the PCB and the International Cricket Council (ICC).

PoorFan
April 19, 2012, 08:24 AM
Seems like High Court has been worked perfectly as a ICC backup plan.

PoorFan
April 19, 2012, 08:27 AM
Bangladesh in Pakistan 2012

Tour postponed after court order

Mohammad Isam
April 19, 2012
Comments: 3 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-bangladesh-2012/content/current/story/561795.html#comments) | Login via (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-bangladesh-2012/content/current/story/561795.html#fcomments) http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/connect_fb_icon.png (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-bangladesh-2012/content/current/story/561795.html#fcomments) | Text size: A | A

<TABLE style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD height=1 width=10></TD><TD class=phototbl>http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/89200/89233.2.gif
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=stryPicCptn class=stryPicCptn>The return of international cricket to Pakistan could be delayed further <NOBR>© AFP </NOBR>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn" jQuery1334841902413="11">Enlarge

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><!-- Related links panel -->
Related Links
<!--
--><!--
-->Series/Tournaments: Bangladesh tour of Pakistan (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-bangladesh-2012/content/series/561300.html)
Teams: Bangladesh (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/team/25.html) | Pakistan (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/team/7.html)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Bangladesh has informed the PCB that its team won't able to tour Pakistan as scheduled. The decision, communicated to the PCB by the BCB's acting CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury, follows an order on Thursday afternoon by the Dhaka High Court suspending the tour for four weeks. The tour - comprising two limited-overs games - was to take place in Lahore at the end of April.
Thursday's events have added to doubts over whether the tour will indeed go ahead at all.
The court order, delivered by Justices Farid Ahmed and Sheikh Hasan Arif on Thursday afternoon, also said that in the interim period the sports secretary, the National Sports Council chief and BCB chief Mustafa Kamal justify the decision for the tour.
The order was on a writ petition filed in the morning by a university teacher and a Supreme Court lawyer who, citing concerns over security, challenged the BCB's decision to send the team at the end of April for a three-day tour.
Azim, one of the lawyers for the petitioners, said: "The ICC asked for a security plan from PCB. They have still not given it."
He continued, "Pakistan is not safe for any foreign teams now. Their own media says so. For that reason, no country agrees to play there. Under the same circumstances, we should not go there also."

<!-- body area ends here -->Mohammad Isam is senior sports reporter at the Daily Star in Dhaka
http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/storyRSS.gif (http://www.espncricinfo.com/rss/content/story/feeds/magazine.rss?author=366) Feeds: Mohammad Isam

CricInfo (http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-bangladesh-2012/content/current/story/561795.html)

mufi_02
April 19, 2012, 08:28 AM
The drama continues. What will Lotus do now?

Ajfar
April 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
Prottek din ekta kore notun breaking news. Khela tow dekhi bhaloi jomse.

cricket_king
April 19, 2012, 08:45 AM
Best news ever. I'm so relieved to hear there are people in the country who will actually do something about this.

mufi_02
April 19, 2012, 08:56 AM
Its time Lotus get kicked in the rear. The Pak tour was always NO NO from the beginning. No sane people would support such tour. But yet he went ahead with false promises and said stuff "For how long can we ignore Pak etc. etc.", and now pulling out. Its really bad PR. When you can't make friends, don't make enemies.

Night_wolf
April 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
So much drama for only 2 match, A tour from which Pakistan wont gain anything..

Rabz
April 19, 2012, 10:19 AM
Too much game is being played, unfortunately not on the field.

Pakistan pressing Bangladesh for the tour. They want us to convince the ICC that it is not so dangerous a place. They want us to sing for them.

We want them to sing for us.
ICC deferred the VP issue till end of June, about 8 weeks.
Bangladesh defers the tour for 4 weeks.

Bangladesh now wants Pakistan to lobby for what ever they (read he, AHMK or Ahammok in short) want. Bangladesh is certainly not getting the top ICC post, all the big brothers made sure of that. They also reduced the duration of the VP to one year. Its more like ICC saying we are obliged to give everyone a fair chance so here you go. You get one year and get and done with it. May be Kamal wants pakistan to lobby to change it back to atleast 2 years.

Kamal wants a bigger cake. Too much at stake. BCB election coming up end of the year.
Unless he gets something out of this deal, he is going nowhere. Not even from Her Excellency SHW.
May be a full pakistan tour, I dont know. Play rest of the matches at Dubai or somewhere. Come to BD for another full tour.

No trust and both the parties (Lotus and Zaka) thinks they are too clever to be defeated.
Two crooked politicians playing their moves.

Unfortunately, the fans from both sides are paying the price.

Rifat
April 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Alhamdulillah! I am very pleased to hear this news...

simon
April 19, 2012, 11:42 AM

ki kou nekre?
ei dui ta match sohi salamot e kheleito Pak e aste aste Intrntnl khela shuru hobe. :o

Nadim
April 19, 2012, 12:00 PM
keu'er kache ki Dipjol er number ache? Ore vara kora dorkar lotus re sikkha dewar.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
ki kou nekre?
ei dui ta match sohi salamot e kheleito Pak e aste aste Intrntnl khela shuru hobe. :o
Are you serious? A 2 day tour instead of a regular one only further emphasizes the unsafe nature of the tour. Even if the 2 day tour finished without any incident, Pakistan wouldn't get anyone else to play in their country (maybe except Zimbabwe).

Leafs PWN
April 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
Kamal is the biggest disgrace in BD cricket. Ai shalare latthi diye ber kora uchit.

simon
April 19, 2012, 12:21 PM
keu'er kache ki Dipjol er number ache? Ore vara kora dorkar lotus re sikkha dewar.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

tumi ki bhabso,Loot(us) uncle ki ghash khay?
gobhir jol hok ba jaihok Loot(us) er kache kichu na.
Loot(us) uncle got education(CA),money,power,liaison.
educated manush kharap hoile er cheye bhoyonkor kichu nai.
amar abbu ke jiggash korsilam,bollo Loot(us) naki shanghatik,kaoke patta dey na,parley montri rao ...:o

Are you serious? A 2 day tour instead of a regular one only further emphasizes the unsafe nature of the tour. Even if the 2 day tour finished without any incident, Pakistan wouldn't get anyone else to play in their country (maybe except Zimbabwe).
didn't think like that but I don't see other reason why Pak are so keen to have us even for a 2 day tour,I don't think they care so much about their people not watching intrntnl matches live, it's all abt making sure we have a safe tour,and then put pressure on ICC.
Otherwise if your point is right,why would they be so interested?

Zeeshan
April 19, 2012, 12:23 PM
Daffodil International University law department

daffodil? seriously?

meazz1
April 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
So there are people with some sense in BD, Thank GOD! Cancel this farce tour.

That's exactly what I say.

Night_wolf
April 19, 2012, 12:51 PM
ki kou nekre?

do u think Aus,Eng,SA,NZ and IND will tour pak even if our tour goes without any incident?

on the other hand if there is any incident this can spell the end of int cricket in Pak

so IMHO pak has more to lose then to gain and those stupid PCB officials are reluctant to understand this

shuziburo
April 19, 2012, 01:09 PM
Now Lotus Kamal should visit Pakistan to show solidarity and play an exhibition match at Gaddafi stadium.

Lotus to bowl, Lotus at slip, Lotus at WK...

Lotus bowls a bouncer, it is glanced past Lotus at wicketkeeper...

Roni_uk
April 19, 2012, 01:27 PM
Lol - it could only happen in Pak or Ban cricket...

in any case - good news.

MSM B2C
April 19, 2012, 01:56 PM
lot of people are speaking out against Kamal!!!

The thing you guy's need to realise is that how do you know if Kamal did or did not plan this drama?

I personally believe Kamal Planned the High Court Drama before! hence Pak can't blame him.

deshimon
April 19, 2012, 02:05 PM
যাক অবশেষে ট্যুর স্থগিত হওয়ায় সবার মাঝে স্বস্তি ফিরে আসছে। কারণ এই সফর নিয়ে ক্রিকেটার, দেশের জনগণ, মিডিয়া, এমনকি আই সি সি পর্যন্ত ঝামেলায় ছিল।

ononto
April 19, 2012, 02:15 PM
Boycott's comments on Pakistan tour. After many years, he made some sensible comments :)

www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/561698.html

Mahmood
April 19, 2012, 02:44 PM
lot of people are speaking out against Kamal!!!

The thing you guy's need to realise is that how do you know if Kamal did or did not plan this drama?

I personally believe Kamal Planned the High Court Drama before! hence Pak can't blame him.

Impossible, even Kamal knows, no more ICC presidency.

kalpurush
April 19, 2012, 02:51 PM
Boycott's comments on Pakistan tour. After many years, he made some sensible comments :)

www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/561698.html (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/561698.html)
Same old crap - nothing new I see here for Boy-Caught!

BANFAN
April 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
do u think Aus,Eng,SA,NZ and IND will tour pak even if our tour goes without any incident?

on the other hand if there is any incident this can spell the end of int cricket in Pak

so IMHO pak has more to lose then to gain and those stupid PCB officials are reluctant to understand this

They aren't reluctant to understand, they are unable. They have a ALU, Which works in reverse direction... I can cite a dozen major incident where they displayed reverse logic.... Starting from 47-71-2000...

Even very recently they thought they can hide Bin Laden inside Pak and US won't find him out.

They thought, they can play a double role with US on Afg issue.

They thought, having Nuke will make them a super power.... And not the economy ...they have now slipped bellow BD economically and probably the poorest nation on earth to have nukes and needs US aid to manage that ...:)

Their brain works in reverse direction. I'm not generalizing, that's the truth...I have 8 years of direct experience of working with thousands of them ... In Afg.

meazz1
April 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
Pakistan can't win for losing.
They're begging BD and we are playing them like violin.

Drama at it's best.

deshimon
April 19, 2012, 03:21 PM
[বাংলা]৭০ পৃষ্ঠায় পিসিবি’র ভাগ্য

শুক্রবার, ২০ এপ্রিল ২০১২
স্পোর্টস ডেস্ক: বিশ্ব ক্রিকেট সংস্থা আইসিসিতে গতকাল ৭০ পৃষ্ঠার নিরাপত্তা পরিকল্পনা জমা দিয়েছে পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি)। এ পরিকল্পনায় হোটেল থেকে স্টেডিয়াম পর্যন্ত বাংলাদেশ দলের নিরাপত্তায় পাকিস্তানের প্রেসিডেন্টকে দেয়া নিরাপত্তার সমপর্যায়ের ব্যবস্থা থাকবে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটারদের। এসময় পথে আগে পিছে টহলে থাকবে ২০০০ পুলিশ। ১২০০ সজ্জিত পুলিশ থাকবে মাঠে। নিরাপত্তা পরিকল্পনার নথি আইসিসি বরাবর পেশ করার আগে তা নিয়ে বৈঠকে বসে পাকিস্তানের কেন্দ্রীয় সরকার ও পাঞ্জাবের প্রাদেশিক প্রশাসন। পরে পাঞ্জাবের আইন-শৃঙ্খলা বাহিনীর প্রধান সোহেল খান ৭০ পৃষ্ঠার এ নথি পিসিবি’র কাছে হস্তান্তর করেন। এদিকে বাংলাদেশের পাকিস্তান সফর নিয়ে হাইকোর্টে তোলা রিটের বিপরীতে আদালত কারণ দর্শানোর নোটিশ দিয়েছে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট সংস্থা বিসিবিকে। বোর্ডের ভেতরে বাইরে এ সফর নিয়ে সংশয় থাকলেও এ সিরিজ নিয়ে অনেকটাই নিশ্চিত মনে হতে পারে পিসিবিকে। ইতিমধ্যে সিরিজের টিকিট ছাপতে দিয়েছে পাকিস্তানের ক্রিকেট বোর্ড। আগামী সপ্তাহে এ টিকিট বিক্রি শুরুর ঘোষণা দিয়েছে তারা। ২০০ থেকে ২০০০ পাকিস্তানি রুপি মূল্যের টিকিট একটি কর্পোরেট ব্যাংকে বিক্রি চলবে ২৫শে এপ্রিল পর্যন্ত। তবে এ সফরের ভাগ্য এখন অনেকটাই নির্ভর করছে ওই ৭০ পৃষ্ঠার ওপর। এটা দেখে আইসিসি সন্তুষ্ট হলেই তবে মিলবে সিরিজের পূর্ণ স্বীকৃতি। আর আইসিসি’র এমন স্বীকৃতি ছাড়া বাংলাদেশ পাকিস্তান সফরে যাবে না বলে রেখেছে আগেই।

http://www.mzamin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41063:2012-04-19-15-32-02&catid=45:2010-08-29-13-38-09&Itemid=80[/বাংলা]

cricheart
April 19, 2012, 03:43 PM
daffodil? seriously?

:D That was my first question also.. he he
Aint they good in advertising?!

Anyway, I'm glad some1 at least showed up against this.

BANFAN
April 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
Its time Lotus get kicked in the rear. The Pak tour was always NO NO from the beginning. No sane people would support such tour. But yet he went ahead with false promises and said stuff "For how long can we ignore Pak etc. etc.", and now pulling out. Its really bad PR. When you can't make friends, don't make enemies.

it's more than time, to kick the opposite side...

NoName
April 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
This is ridiculous, a firm 'no' at the start would have prevented all this bs drama. We're just making a fool out of ourselves with the constant yes-no answers.

Shartaz
April 19, 2012, 05:11 PM
This is ridiculous, a firm 'no' at the start would have prevented all this bs drama. We're just making a fool out of ourselves with the constant yes-no answers.

The saddest thing is that we've also been made to look like fools because of this Pakistan issue and Lotus Kamal's lack of assertiveness.

This is speculation, but I think everyone including Kamal had reservations about sending the team to Pakistan. But Kamal wilted under the pressure of Zaka Ashraf and co everytime they met face to face.

godzilla
April 19, 2012, 06:02 PM
:facepalm: This just makes me wanna :floor:

First a yes then a no then a yes then a no then PCB threatens then a yes and again a no ... Can we also go to the court and file a GET KAMAL OUT OF BCB complain aswell?

I can't take another BREAKING NEWS to be honest ... 4 in a row i bealieve?

Tiger-ess
April 19, 2012, 06:27 PM

Exactly ! throw 2 tests in and maybe we'll think about it...

BengaliPagol
April 19, 2012, 06:57 PM
There are unconfirmed reports that PCB is not going to vote for Kamal for vice presidency, and the PCB has told Pakistani players not to play in the BPL. From Facebook

BANFAN
April 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
There are unconfirmed reports that PCB is not going to vote for Kamal for vice presidency, and the PCB has told Pakistani players not to play in the BPL. From Facebook

I'm not scared.... And don't see any big loss here. They will lose more. I don't like these Pak threats...if this their attitude...we should never visit pak. You can't threat for getting a fav... We neither need to be vp of ICC

firstlane
April 19, 2012, 07:19 PM
আদালতের নিষেধাজ্ঞায় আপাতত হচ্ছে না বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফর। সফরের বৈধতা চ্যালেঞ্জ করে করা এক রিট আবেদনের পরিপ্রেক্ষিতে কাল বাংলাদেশ দলকে পাকিস্তানে পাঠানোর ওপর চার সপ্তাহের নিষেধাজ্ঞা দিয়েছেন হাইকোর্ট। রিট আবেদনের পক্ষে শুনানিতে অংশ নেওয়া আইনজীবী হাসান এম এস আজিম জানিয়েছেন, নিরাপত্তার কথা বিবেচনা করেই আদালত এই নিষেধাজ্ঞা দিয়েছেন।
আদালতের নিষেধাজ্ঞার পরপরই বিসিবি সেটা জানিয়ে দিয়েছে পিসিবি ও আইসিসিকে। বাংলাদেশ দলের পক্ষে সম্প্রতি নির্ধারিত সূচি মেনে (২৮ এপ্রিল থেকে ১ মে) পাকিস্তানে যাওয়া সম্ভব নয়, জানানো হয়েছে সেটাও। এর আগে ১৫ এপ্রিল আইসিসির সভা শেষে বিসিবি ও পিসিবির এক যৌথ বিবৃতিতে বলা হয়েছিল, লাহোরের গাদ্দাফি স্টেডিয়ামে বাংলাদেশ ও পাকিস্তান দল ২৯ এপ্রিল একটি ওয়ানডে ও ৩০ এপ্রিল একটি টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ খেলবে।
পাকিস্তান সফরের বিরুদ্ধে কাল সকালে রিটটি করেন সুপ্রিম কোর্টের আইনজীবী কামাল হোসেন মিয়াজী ও ড্যাফোডিল ইন্টারন্যাশনাল ইউনিভার্সিটির আইন বিভাগের শিক্ষক খন্দকার দিদার-উস সালাম। নিরাপত্তার দিক বিবেচনা না করে বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় দলকে পাকিস্তানে পাঠানো কেন জনস্বার্থবিরোধী হিসেবে বেআইনি ঘোষণা করা হবে না, এই মর্মে রুল জারির আরজি জানানো হয় আবেদনে।
বেলা তিনটায় হওয়া শুনানিতে সফরের ওপর নিষেধাজ্ঞা দিয়েছেন বিচারপতি ফরিদ আহাম্মদ ও বিচারপতি শেখ হাসান আরিফের সমন্বয়ে গঠিত হাইকোর্টের বেঞ্চ। একই সঙ্গে টি-টোয়েন্টি ও ওয়ানডে ম্যাচ খেলতে পাকিস্তানে যাওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত কেন জনস্বার্থবিরোধী বলে বেআইনি হবে না, তা জানাতে রুলও জারি করা হয়েছে। আগামী চার সপ্তাহের মধ্যে বিবাদী যুব ও ক্রীড়া সচিব, জাতীয় ক্রীড়া পরিষদ ও বিসিবির সভাপতিকে রুলের জবাব দিতে বলা হয়েছে।
আদালতের রায় বিসিবি অফিসে বসেই শুনেছেন বোর্ড সভাপতি আ হ ম মুস্তফা কামাল। তবে কোনো মন্তব্য করতে রাজি হননি তিনি, ‘বিষয়টা এখন আদালতের অধীন। আদালত চার সপ্তাহের নিষেধাজ্ঞা দিয়েছেন। এ ব্যাপারে এই মুহূর্তে মন্তব্য করব না।’ বোর্ড সূত্রে জানা গেছে, আদালতের নিষেধাজ্ঞার পর করণীয় ঠিক করতে শিগগিরই বিসিবি পরিচালনা পর্ষদের জরুরি বৈঠক ডাকা হবে।
বিবাদী পক্ষের আইনজীবীরা আগামী সোমবার পর্যন্ত শুনানি স্থগিত করার আবেদন জানিয়েছিলেন। বিসিবির আইনজীবী মোহাম্মদ মেহেদী হাসান চৌধুরী টেলিফোনে কাল প্রথম আলোকে বলেন, ‘সফরটি এখনো চূড়ান্ত নয়। সরকারও এ ব্যাপারে চূড়ান্ত সিদ্ধান্ত দেয়নি। সিকিউরিটি রিপোর্ট পাওয়ার পর আইসিসি সেটা চূড়ান্ত করবে। আমাদের আরজি ছিল, সোমবার পর্যন্ত অপেক্ষা করার।’ কিন্তু জনস্বার্থ বিবেচনায় আদালত শেষ পর্যন্ত সফরের ওপর নিষেধাজ্ঞা জারি করেছেন। মেহেদী হাসান চৌধুরী ছাড়াও রাষ্ট্রপক্ষে শুনানি করেন অতিরিক্ত অ্যাটর্নি জেনারেল এম কে রহমান। সঙ্গে ছিলেন ডেপুটি অ্যাটর্নি জেনারেল মোতাহার হোসেন।
রিট আবেদনের পক্ষের আইনজীবী হাসান এম এস আজিম বলেন, ‘গত কয়েক দিন পত্রপত্রিকায় পাকিস্তানের নিরাপত্তা-সংকট নিয়ে অনেক রিপোর্ট প্রকাশিত হয়েছে। পাকিস্তানের পত্রপত্রিকায়ও এসব এসেছে। আর কোনো দেশের দল এ কারণে পাকিস্তান সফর করছে না। জনস্বার্থেই তাই এই রিট করা হয়। পাকিস্তানের বিপক্ষে খেলতে আমরা সমস্যা দেখি না, সমস্যা হলো পাকিস্তানে গিয়ে খেলা।’
শুনানিতে আদালত বলেন, ‘আমরা দরিদ্র দেশ বলেই কি ঝুঁকি নিয়ে ওখানে (পাকিস্তান) খেলতে যেতে হবে? আজ (গতকাল) ১৯ এপ্রিল। খেলা হবে ২৯ এপ্রিল। ভেন্যু ঠিক করার সিদ্ধান্ত হবে কখন? এভাবে জাতীয় দলকে আমরা নিরাপত্তাহীন অবস্থায় পাঠাতে পারি না।’ আদালত নিরপেক্ষ ভেন্যুতে সিরিজটি খেলার পরামর্শ দিয়ে বলেন, ‘এমনকি পাকিস্তান দলের আমাদের দেশে আসতে অসুবিধা কোথায়?’
আদালতের রায় শুনে খোদ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডেরই অনেকে স্বস্তির নিঃশ্বাস ফেলেছেন। বিসিবির পরিচালনা পর্ষদ এবং ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগ পাকিস্তান সফরের ব্যাপারে একরকম অন্ধকারেই ছিল। অনেক বোর্ড পরিচালকই মনে করেন, পাকিস্তান এখনো ক্রিকেট খেলতে যাওয়ার মতো নিরাপদ নয়। নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক এক পরিচালক তো কাল এমন দাবিও করলেন, ‘আমরা পাকিস্তানে যেতে পারি, যদি আগস্টে অস্ট্রেলিয়াও পাকিস্তানে গিয়ে সিরিজ খেলে। পাকিস্তান তাদের বিপক্ষে শ্রীলঙ্কায় গিয়ে হোম সিরিজ খেললে আমরা কেন পাকিস্তানে যাব? অস্ট্রেলিয়া নিরপেক্ষ ভেন্যুতে খেললে আমরাও কেবল নিরপেক্ষ ভেন্যুতেই খেলতে রাজি হব।’

New landmark case reference for Law students- 'Kamal vs Kamal'.

Navo
April 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
*Seeing the silver lining*

I remember a time when we would only see BD related news on the Cricinfo front page a few times a year. Now 4 headlines in 4 days - not including specials on Shakib and Mashrafe!

ialbd
April 19, 2012, 08:03 PM
we shouldnt have been doing this yes & no... that makes us look so... anyways like Kamal or BCB officials ever cared how their reputation stands internationally..

we shouldnt be touring Pak, and I agree with the members here saying, Pak gains almost nothing from this tour. Aus/Eng didnt want to tour pak even before the attack on SL team in 2009, so they have bigger issues to resolve...

plz plz PCB take back your support/vote for Kamal for the ICC post... although we are in no position to ask for a favor, but please do this for the fans of Bangladesh...

zsayeed
April 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
I say: SANCTION BANGLADESH CRICKET! This is mindless Government Meddling in the affairs of a sovereign board!

Lorgat called it the "first step" towards better governance across cricket. "A start in trying to achieve good governance is that governing boards are governed by themselves, in other words, non-interference. So that through a democratic election process you get the right people to run the sport in the country. That's the first step. Thereafter those people have to engage with their counterparts in world cricket to ensure that they govern professional cricket in the best possible way." (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/521351.html)

firstlane
April 19, 2012, 10:49 PM
I say: SANCTION BANGLADESH CRICKET! This is mindless Government Meddling in the affairs of a sovereign board!

ICC doesn't have the balls to do that. If it was an organisation like fifa (stronger although corrupted) BD would have been banned from world cricket like BFF was once.

tiger_army
April 19, 2012, 10:57 PM

www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/561698.html (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/561698.html)

sensible, how about Ireland and Holland is better then Bangladesh part...he mentioned that repeatedly.

Zunaid
April 19, 2012, 11:01 PM

Mind you, in an ideal world the judicial system acts to check and balances the excesses of the executive and legislative branch. In this case, the excess has been committed by the government appointee to a position that should have been filled in via an election.

I used the world ideal since this never happens in Bangladesh. The executive branch (dependent upon direct legislative support) exerts undue influence on our judiciary. And on the other hand, the judiciary often takes on an activist role and rather than interpret the law and the constitution, gets involved in the legislative and executive process. The judiciary often gets more wrapped up in its own sense of infallibility that even valid criticism is met with contempt of court sanctions.

BANFAN
April 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by zsayeed

ICC doesn't have the balls to do that. If it was an organisation like fifa (stronger although corrupted) BD would have been banned from world cricket like BFF was once.

Interference by a court in public interest, isn't an interference by the government. It's true FIFA has stronger policies and its implementation, but even they would have to remain silent when it's legal.

But to be honest, FIFA would have probably banned BCB much before, when government/political nominees occupied the position of BCB president, instead of an elected person. Coz that means, undue government interference.

Rabz
April 20, 2012, 01:31 AM
Sayeed bhai, this is not Govt interfering, it is rather Govt acting on behalf of the Board.

Jonas
April 20, 2012, 02:01 AM
Sayeed bhai, this is not Govt interfering, it is rather Govt acting on behalf of the Board.

I thought High Court had nothing to do with the Government?
BCB = Part of the Government/Executive Branch
High Court = Judicial Branch

So Government actually wanted to send our team to Pakistan, but the Court found it to be too dangerous, and acted AGAINST the Government's decision.

darkFalgun
April 20, 2012, 02:21 AM
Posting here after long. Read in today's news that PCB officials smell something 'fishy' in taking such a mater to Court. I am actually pissed off with Pakis constantly trying to point their finger on you-know-who any time something does not go to their favor. Its like we play second fiddle either to them or their enemies all the time.Thats equivalent to insulting our sovereignty and ability to take decisions based on our very own intellectual minds. I am sure if our entire team got blown up in Pakistan, they would still keep bringing out conspiracy theories. If any conspiracy ever took place, it was Loitta's deal with you people.

You FAILED to provide Lankan cricketers their security. Players were SHOT, they kissed DEATH. If anything of such magnitude ever took place on BD soil I would be just so embarrassed in front of the International arena. You people should stay humble with your heads down filled with guilt FOREVER instead of being such arrogant ramblers to any side that refuses to visit you. NO cricket side is entitled to you a visit after such an incident no matter how safe YOU feel about it. So just shut the hell up, go down to the drain and yes, please take Loitta with you.

FaHiMa
April 20, 2012, 02:39 AM
Wow! Who would've thought that someone will actually take action against this? :clap:
So far so good...

firstlane
April 20, 2012, 03:13 AM
But to be honest, FIFA would have probably banned BCB much before, when government/political nominees occupied the position of BCB president, instead of an elected person. Coz that means, undue government interference.
Yep, that's right. if ICC had the balls we would have been banned from international cricket long time ago, even before kamal's arrival in the scene. This decision by court actually saved our face for now. Looks like cricket will bring us more shame than fame. We already saw signs of that in BPL. Our antics were mostly unknown to the world before, now the world will know about them through cricket.

tiger_army
April 20, 2012, 04:45 AM
we are really messing it up...At the end of the day I can see this tour will happen..but before that we stir things up big time and drawing lots of unnecessary attentions. After all this drama if the tour will happen you think the terrorists in pakisthan will sit down and oil their mustache? I dont think so...

max410
April 20, 2012, 06:53 AM
the complete High court law was in the contract added by Mustafa kamal himself its a political trick he played with PCB to not let BD tour pakistan as a twist in the last moment .
I really don't think we should tour or Pakistan will have the mentality to ask us to tour again after these incidents
if Pakistan ever wanted a tour why are they asking Australia to play in neutral venue instead of inviting in their own they need to show commitment as well

zsayeed
April 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hillarious comment on CI:
Posted by malepas on (April 24 2012, 19:54 PM GMT)
Apperantly CSA is considering hosting Pakistan for a mini series of 3 one dayers and 3 T20's to prepare for T20 world cup. Bangla Deshi court should appoint some of its court officials to play with their national team to prepare for the all important world cup. GOOD LUCK BD

Posted by asi.ali on (April 24 2012, 17:35 PM GMT)
@BowledYa: Bangladesh can invite Afghanistan, as they also qualified for T20, however they need to first take permission from their COURT...

Posted by BowledYa on (April 24 2012, 16:56 PM GMT)
Hmmm. Wonder what the Bangladesh court thinks now that they have left their team with no alternatives to practice T20 internationally before the worldcup? Oops!

Posted by Rashid Khan on (April 25 2012, 03:06 AM GMT)
Bangladesh didn't get the court clearance for South Africa tour! They should apply for a court clearance now for the T20 wc, otherwise, they won't be able to participate.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/562472.html?comments=all#comments
:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:
:up: :up: :up:

The legal system in Bangladesh has become a mockery. Congrats Bangladesh Law.

BANFAN
April 25, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hillarious comment on CI:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/562472.html?comments=all#comments
:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:
:up: :up: :up:

The legal system in Bangladesh has become a mockery. Congrats Bangladesh Law.

Only to the Pak people, who are yet to have a legal system in place.... And to people, who doesn't understand, how the legal system works.

zsayeed
April 25, 2012, 10:27 AM
But gotta agree the posts were funny.

HereWeGo
April 25, 2012, 01:26 PM
But gotta agree the posts were funny.

Yes bro, your posts are funny and devoid of any serious logical substance.

AsifTheManRahman
April 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, sounds like a case of sour grapes to me.

zsayeed
April 25, 2012, 04:40 PM
Yes bro, your posts are funny and devoid of any serious logical substance.

Serious logic in this post, I must say. I feel so ashamed.
P.S.: Just in case it alluded the Vulcan Logic base, rather in your case the 'Vulcanized' logic base, I was referring to the CI comments' humor.

Peace Out, "Bro".

Ad-Hominem ad Ad-Hominem

Leafs PWN
April 26, 2012, 12:56 AM
Pakistan actually needs a legal system in place before they can understand how it works.

They're Afghanistan 2.0. Don't expect anything different from that country.

Ace84
April 27, 2012, 05:41 AM
Man someone has to come first and I'm sure other teams will proceed
The thing is we Pakistanis were so excited for this tour and suddenly being cancelled like this it was annoying, maybe we can get Zim to tour us first

Antora
April 27, 2012, 08:24 AM
I can understand the fustration of the Pakistani people, however reading some of the comments on their facebook fan pages....its quiet amusing how quickly we went from being their "brothers" to "animals"! So much hatred towards us :(

Naimul_Hd
April 27, 2012, 08:55 AM
I can understand the fustration of the Pakistani people, however reading some of the comments on their facebook fan pages....its quiet amusing how quickly we went from being their "brothers" to "animals"! So much hatred towards us :(

This is their true color. Calling us 'brothers' was part of their act.

Shaan
April 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
This is their true color. Calling us 'brothers' was part of their act.
eikhanei oder songe amader ajibon parthokko roye gelo, ora sobsomoy oirokm ar amra eirokom, oder ashol rup amader shadin howar ageo jemon silo ekhono temoni ase, kuno poriborton nai, ora sobsomoy amader bebohar korte cheyese nana koushole.. Pakistanira mukhe modhu kintu kajer somoy tader ashol rup rong ber hoye pore.. eita abaro proman hosse tader nobo projonmer kach theke o...

Sohel
April 29, 2012, 05:29 AM
It is very much in the HC's purview to intervene in matters of public safety once such intervention is sought by citizens, as it was in this case. Given our destination and all of the legitimate security risks involved in the tour, this was hardly "interference in cricket". I understand it was a difficult pill to swallow for Loitta and the Bangalistani community to have the opportunity for career advancement and visit to the spiritual/political homeland denied like this, but TOUGH SHITE SHERLOCKS!

I have ZERO interest in what Pakistanis have to say about what we do. When it comes to Bangladesh, I feel they'll do better getting their tragically dysfunctional and dangerous remnant of a state to:

1) Formally acknowledge the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh until December 16th, 1971.

2) Formally apologize to Bangladesh for the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed here.

3) Formally apologize to the world and the Muslims for the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh in the name of Islam.

4) Offer reparations for the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh.

5) Be grateful that we recognize them in spite of the fact that they haven't done any of the above yet, and allow their flag bearers to fly their flag -- the symbol of the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh -- here in Bangladesh.

nahaz
April 29, 2012, 08:14 AM
Yep, that's right. if ICC had the balls we would have been banned from international cricket long time ago, even before kamal's arrival in the scene. This decision by court actually saved our face for now. Looks like cricket will bring us more shame than fame. We already saw signs of that in BPL. Our antics were mostly unknown to the world before, now the world will know about them through cricket.

Firstlane, what are you talking about? What antics are you talking about from BPL? Surely can't be anything worse than the Modi incident etc. in IPL? And why should we be banned? We try the best we can in cricket. We have a huge fan base, unlike Zimbabwe & Kenya. Our Governments are stable, unlike Pakistan and Zimbabwe. We are cricket's third largest fanbase and the sixth or seventh largest revenue source (ahead of Zimbabwe, West Indies and possibly New Zealand). We were two runs away from being the Asian champion. World cricket right now would not be the same without us.

Great post by Sohel bhai btw. And also Zunaid bhai in the previous page.

oronnya
April 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
Firstlane, what are you talking about? What antics are you talking about from BPL? Surely can't be anything worse than the Modi incident etc. in IPL? And why should we be banned? We try the best we can in cricket. We have a huge fan base, unlike Zimbabwe & Kenya. Our Governments are stable, unlike Pakistan and Zimbabwe. We are cricket's third largest fanbase and the sixth or seventh largest revenue source (ahead of Zimbabwe, West Indies and possibly New Zealand). We were two runs away from being the Asian champion. World cricket right now would not be the same without us.

Great post by Sohel bhai btw. And also Zunaid bhai in the previous page.

top post :up::up:

We should keep our heads high.. It's in ICC's best interest to have us for all the reasons you've mentioned..

oronnya
April 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
It is very much in the HC's purview to intervene in matters of public safety once such intervention is sought by citizens, as it was in this case. Given our destination and all of the legitimate security risks involved in the tour, this was hardly "interference in cricket". I understand it was a difficult pill to swallow for Loitta and the Bangalistani community to have the opportunity for career advancement and visit to the spiritual/political homeland denied like this, but TOUGH SHITE SHERLOCKS!

I have ZERO interest in what Pakistanis have to say about what we do. When it comes to Bangladesh, I feel they'll do better getting their tragically dysfunctional and dangerous remnant of a state to:

1) Formally acknowledge the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh until December 16th, 1971.

2) Formally apologize to Bangladesh for the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed here.

3) Formally apologize to the world and the Muslims for the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh in the name of Islam.

4) Offer reparations for the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh.

5) Be grateful that we recognize them in spite of the fact that they haven't done any of the above yet, and allow their flag bearers to fly their flag -- the symbol of the systematic exploitation, warcrimes such as mass rape/torture/ethnic-cleansing/brigandage and genocide committed in Bangladesh -- here in Bangladesh.

:up::up::up::up:

cricheart
May 2, 2012, 04:11 PM
Snubbed PCB calls Canada, Afghanistan for tri-nation (http://tribune.com.pk/story/373127/snubbed-pcb-calls-canada-afghanistan-for-tri-nation/)

If you can’t get the big fish, go for what’s available – a policy which the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has now adopted.
Following the postponement of the Bangladesh tour, the PCB has shifted its focus on the International Cricket Council (ICC) Associate Members as it plans to host a tri-series featuring Afghanistan and Canada.
The board’s determination in reviving international cricket has led to the plan of staging a multi-nation event. PCB Governing Board member Amir Nawab, also the board’s coordinator on Afghanistan cricket, is playing a crucial role in organising the event.
“We have received a positive response from both teams,” Nawab told The Express Tribune. “Canada has shown interest in sending their senior team and will shortly send a letter to the PCB in this regard.”
Afghanistan, on various occasions, has also expressed its willingness to tour the country following their series of matches against Pakistan ‘A’. Meanwhile, Nawab said the schedule of the tournament was not decided due to a packed schedule of the national team.
“The plan is in its initial stages but we’re looking to host the teams as soon as possible. Our team has a busy schedule and we’ll see when we can host the event.”

PT (http://tribune.com.pk/story/373127/snubbed-pcb-calls-canada-afghanistan-for-tri-nation/)

just couldn't resist :floor: (Mod delete this line, if inappropriate)

max410
May 3, 2012, 12:19 AM
good for them another attack on canadian team will create more problem i have seen how pakistanis player behave with canadian players in the world cup

Khaaan!!!!
May 3, 2012, 02:45 AM
Snubbed PCB calls Canada, Afghanistan for tri-nation (http://tribune.com.pk/story/373127/snubbed-pcb-calls-canada-afghanistan-for-tri-nation/)

If you can’t get the big fish, go for what’s available – a policy which the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has now adopted.
Following the postponement of the Bangladesh tour, the PCB has shifted its focus on the International Cricket Council (ICC) Associate Members as it plans to host a tri-series featuring Afghanistan and Canada.
The board’s determination in reviving international cricket has led to the plan of staging a multi-nation event. PCB Governing Board member Amir Nawab, also the board’s coordinator on Afghanistan cricket, is playing a crucial role in organising the event.
“We have received a positive response from both teams,” Nawab told The Express Tribune. “Canada has shown interest in sending their senior team and will shortly send a letter to the PCB in this regard.”
Afghanistan, on various occasions, has also expressed its willingness to tour the country following their series of matches against Pakistan ‘A’. Meanwhile, Nawab said the schedule of the tournament was not decided due to a packed schedule of the national team.
“The plan is in its initial stages but we’re looking to host the teams as soon as possible. Our team has a busy schedule and we’ll see when we can host the event.”

PT (http://tribune.com.pk/story/373127/snubbed-pcb-calls-canada-afghanistan-for-tri-nation/)

just couldn't resist :floor: (Mod delete this line, if inappropriate)

lol you're hilarious my friend. Calling Bangladesh a "Big Fish" :facepalm:
After Bangladesh canceled the tour, we got Srilanka and Australia to play against us this Summer. I thought you guys were gonna ask South Africa, how did that turn out:floor:

Zunaid
May 3, 2012, 02:51 AM
After Bangladesh canceled the tour, we got Srilanka and Australia to play against us this Summer. I thought you guys were gonna ask South Africa, how did that turn out:floor:

Oh? After? After? You mean, Sri Lanka is to change the long-ordained home tour in Sri Lanka and is going to visit Pakistan? I think not. Guess who almost got killed last time?

And when is Australia visiting Pakistan?

Look, we are sorry you aren't getting a game until you sort out your internal problems.

Just don't make up things, please.

MohammedC
May 3, 2012, 02:58 AM
Srilanka and Australia are going to Pakistan????? thats a news

Jadukor
May 3, 2012, 03:10 AM
@To all the Pakistani Fans: why the bitterness folks? We know you are a quality side and we would love to play Pakistan under normal circumstances. We have nothing against you guys and we also want cricket and normalcy return to your country. As much as you would like us to tour your country and call it safe... it is NOT your call. If we think it is not safe for us to tour then we have EVERY right not to. You cannot bully us into committing on a tour. Don't make this any more personal or political than it should be because the fans here are saying what they are saying purely based on safety reasons.

BengaliPagol
May 3, 2012, 03:14 AM

But if India or Sri Lanka are called 'big fish' and Bangladesh beat both of these teams in the Asia Cup then wouldnt Bangladesh be a shark?

Just a thought.

:flag:

cricheart
May 3, 2012, 06:34 AM

Dude PCB feeling 'Snubbed' and Bangladesh is a 'big fish' these aint my voice, it's your media response for inviting Canada & Afgans. Check my post again, I marely showed any response (except a request to Mod :D) from this news.

meazz1
May 3, 2012, 08:20 AM
Lotus Kamal is the root cause of this drama.
If the man had a single ball to say no at the beginning when PCB asked us to tour, nothing would have happened.

Purbasha T
May 3, 2012, 02:21 PM

Hey I'm offended by your that ''fish'' statement of yours. We have big fishes in our country, big long Hilsha-Rui-Boyals!! If any cricket playing nation has the right to be called the ''Big Fish'', it's us. Go have it (not the fish, we won't give it to you :-P).

roman
May 3, 2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.shamokal.com/
[বাংলা]

বাংলাদেশের পাকিস্তান সফর জবাব দিতে প্রস্তুত বিসিবি

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->[/URL] (http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=256375&pub_no=1042&type=#)[URL="http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=256375&pub_no=1042&type=#"] (http://www.samakal.com.bd/details.php?news=18&action=main&menu_type=&option=single&news_id=256375&pub_no=1042&type=#)

<!-- AddThis Button END -->
ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক
১৯ এপ্রিল থেকে চার সপ্তাহ। এর মাঝে বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফরের ওপর নিষেধাজ্ঞা, সে সঙ্গে সেখানে একটি করে ওয়ানডে ও টি২০ ম্যাচ খেলার সিদ্ধান্ত কেন জনস্বার্থবিরোধী, বেআইনি ঘোষণা করা হবে না, তা জানতে চেয়ে যুব ও ক্রীড়া মন্ত্রণালয়ের সচিব, জাতীয় ক্রীড়া পরিষদ (এনএসসি) ও বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) সভাপতির ওপর জারি করা রুলের জবাব চাওয়া হয়েছে।
পঞ্জিকার হিসাবে সেই চার সপ্তাহ শেষ হবে ১৮ মে। সুপ্রিম কোর্টের আইনজীবী কামাল হোসেন মিয়াজী ও একটি বেসরকারি বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শিক্ষক দিদার উস সালামের করা এ রিটের জবাবের জন্য এতদিন আর অপেক্ষায় থাকতে হচ্ছে না। জবাব দেওয়ার কাজ প্রায় শেষ করে এনেছে বিসিবি কাছ থেকে দায়িত্ব পাওয়া ব্যারিস্টার রফিকুল হক অ্যান্ড কোম্পানি ও শেখ অ্যান্ড চৌধুরী নামের ল ফার্ম দুটি। এসব কথা জানিয়ে বোর্ড সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল পাকিস্তান সফর নিয়ে আলোচনার সূত্র ধরে বললেন, পাকিস্তান সফরে আমরা দু'পক্ষ শুধু সম্মতি প্রকাশ করেছি, এর বাইরে আর কিছুই হয়নি। বিষয়টি খুবই প্রাথমিক পর্যায়ে ছিল। একটি সফর করতে হলে এটিই চূড়ান্ত কিছু নয়। দ্বিপক্ষীয়-ত্রিপক্ষীয় বেশ কয়েক দফা বৈঠকের পর এ ধরনের সফর চূড়ান্ত হয়। অতীতেও তাই হয়েছে। এ সময় তিনি বলেন, যে তারিখ দুটি আপনার শুনেছেন তা ছিল একেবারেই প্রাথমিকভাবে ঠিক করা একটি তারিখ। আমরা তো কিছুই করিনি। বোর্ড সভাপতি বলেন, আমি তো সবসময়ই বলেছি, সফর সংক্রান্ত নিরাপত্তার বিষয়টিকে সর্বোচ্চ প্রাধান্য দেওয়া হবে। আমরাই শুধু যাবো, তা নয়। আইসিসিকেও প্রথমে তো তার দায়-দায়িত্ব নিতে হবে। না হলে আমরা যাবো না। খানিকটা আপেক্ষের সঙ্গে এসব কথা জানিয়ে আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল জানালেন, আদালতের আদেশমতো আমরা সবকিছু জানাব। পাকিস্তান সফর বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের জন্য কতটা প্রয়োজন তারও একটা ব্যাখ্যা দেওয়া চেষ্টা করা হবে। এরপর পুরো বিষয়টি আদালতের। পাকিস্তান সফরটি কেন এত জরুরি? এমন প্রশ্নেরও একটা উত্তর দেওয়া জরুরি মনে করলেন বোর্ড সভাপতি। তার পরিষ্কার উত্তর, কিছু লোক বিনা কারণে আমাকে পছন্দ করে না। সুযোগ পেলেই আমার বিরুদ্ধাচরণে মেতে ওঠেন। এবারও তাই হয়েছে। এমন পরিস্থিতি কিন্তু ২০০৩ সালেও ছিল। কই তখন তো কেউ কিছু বলেনি। আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল বলেন, ২০০১ সালে নিউজিল্যান্ড দলের হোটেল করাচির পার্ল কন্টিনেন্টালে বোমা হামলার পর কেউ পাকিস্তান সফরে যায়নি। ২০০৩ সালে আমরাই সবার আগে পাকিস্তান সফরে গিয়েছি। ২০০৯ সালের পর পাকিস্তানের জনগণ ক্রিকেট থেকে বঞ্চিত। কতদিন তাদের এভাবে রাখা হবে। কেউ না কেউ একদিন সেখানে যাবে। সে ক্ষেত্রে বাংলাদেশ হলে ক্ষতি কী!
এ সময় বোর্ড সভাপতি নিজেই জানালেন, এবার পাকিস্তান সফরের সঙ্গে আমার আইসিসির সহসভাপতি পদ প্রাপ্তির শর্ত হিসেবে দেখা হচ্ছে। সত্যিকার অর্থে এর সঙ্গে পাকিস্তান সফরের কোনো সম্পর্ক নেই। কেন থাকবে? পাকিস্তানের তো মাত্র একটি ভোট। সোজা হিসাব কষে দেখুন। আমি যদি পাকিস্তান যেতে চাই, তবে অস্ট্রেলিয়া-ভারতের মতো দেশের ওপরও পাকিস্তান সফরের জন্য চাপ বাড়বে। সে ক্ষেত্রে তারা তো আমাকে ছেড়ে দেবে না। পাকিস্তানের একটি ভোটের জন্য কি আমি আমার তিন-চারটি ভোট হারাব। কোনো বোকা কি এটি করবে?
পাকিস্তান সফর প্রসঙ্গে এখানেই থামলেন না বিসিবি সভাপতি। তার কথা, আমাদের কেউ নিতে চায় না। এবারের ছয় বছরমেয়াদি ভবিষ্যৎ সফর সূচিটা আমাদের জন্য বড় কিছু নয়। বোর্ড সভাপতির মতো বিসিবির অন্য এক পরিচালকও পরিষ্কার করে জানালেন, অস্ট্রেলিয়া-ইংল্যান্ড-ভারত ইতিমধ্যে আমাদের দিকে তাকাতে চাইছে না। এদের সঙ্গে পাকিস্তান যোগ হলে তো জিম্বাবুয়ে-কেনিয়ার সঙ্গে খেলেই কাটাতে হবে আমাদের। বিপিএল আর ঢাকার লীগে পাকিস্তানের 'এ' মানের ক্রিকেটার না পেলে ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে কী অবস্থা হবে, সেটিও আমাদের বিবেচনায় থাকা উচিত বলে জানালেন সেই পরিচালক।
পাকিস্তান সফর আর বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটের ভবিষ্যৎ নিয়ে এসব যুক্তিই হয়তো একসময় দেখা দেবে প্রশ্ন হয়ে!
[/বাংলা]

cricheart
May 3, 2012, 03:50 PM
Looking forward to BCB's answer; just hope it dont mess up international political relation.

oronnya
May 3, 2012, 05:12 PM

Ok, you know what this bashing game will continue.. you will say something- we will say something and we will end up with endless hatred for each other.. Just think for a while that if you have to send your son somewhere where you know your son's life will be at risk will you send him there?? Yes nothing might happen as millions of people are still living there.. But you won't take a chance with your dear ones.. what if something happens?? Who will take the responsibility.. Our feelings are exactly same for our players .. We love them and their life is too valuable for us.. You have to understand our feelings..

Now of course out incompetent management didn't even think about all these sensitive issues before promising something to PCB.. Politics, corruption takes over the humanity and they are ready to risk our players life.. It's not we are against Pakistan .. It's all about security of our boys.. I can understand how you guys have felt as you have been waiting to bring back cricket in your country for so long.. But we can't risk their lives..

Khaaan!!!!
May 3, 2012, 08:28 PM
Oh? After? After? You mean, Sri Lanka is to change the long-ordained home tour in Sri Lanka and is going to visit Pakistan? I think not. Guess who almost got killed last time?

And when is Australia visiting Pakistan?

Look, we are sorry you aren't getting a game until you sort out your internal problems.

Just don't make up things, please.

I didn't say they will tour us, I said we will play them after Bangladesh tour got canceled.

WorldCup11
May 3, 2012, 08:33 PM
I didn't say they will tour us, I said we will play them after Bangladesh tour got canceled.

My brother, what is the reason they gave for not touring Pakistan? Is that any different from the one we gave?

Why you didn't offer us to play in somewhere relatively safer that you offered to them?

Khaaan!!!!
May 3, 2012, 10:27 PM
My brother, what is the reason they gave for not touring Pakistan? Is that any different from the one we gave?

Why you didn't offer us to play in somewhere relatively safer that you offered to them?

cuz your board agreed to play us at home, and then backed out at the last minute. I'm not bitter because you guys don't want to play us at home, I'm bitter the way your board and your government handled the situation.

oronnya
May 3, 2012, 10:51 PM
cuz your board agreed to play us at home, and then backed out at the last minute. I'm not bitter because you guys don't want to play us at home, I'm bitter the way your board and your government handled the situation.

And so are we !! We are pissed at our board for agreeing to such tour at the first place.. So no point in arguing..

WorldCup11
May 3, 2012, 11:35 PM

Thanks for your reply Khaaan. Now I can understand where your frustrations are coming from and rightly so.

I am not trying to make any excuse here, as a BD citizen I need to shoulder those stupid acts that hurts your sentiment, because those idiots in BCB and Government are our representative, so I am here today. Bully on me as much as you want and until you cool down. I won’t protest a single word. Because I deserve that.

Now tell me, are you ready to shoulder those responsibilities that your Government and Military did?

You don’t need to answer that to me here, go in front of the mirror and ask your heart. If the answer comes out as "Yes", then ask up to what level? If it comes out as "NO", then no point arguing here.

Jadukor
May 3, 2012, 11:36 PM
And so are we !! We are pissed at our board for agreeing to such tour at the first place.. So no point in arguing..

Exactly, the fans here were against the tour due to safety concerns from the very begining. We are also frustrated to the max against BCB

cricket_king
May 4, 2012, 03:51 AM
Thanks for your reply Khaaan. Now I can understand where your frustrations are coming from and rightly so.

I am not trying to make any excuse here, as a BD citizen I need to shoulder those stupid acts that hurts your sentiment, because those idiots in BCB and Government are our representative, so I am here today. Bully on me as much as you want and until you cool down. I won’t protest a single word. Because I deserve that.

Now tell me, are you ready to shoulder those responsibilities that your Government and Military did?

You don’t need to answer that to me here, go in front of the mirror and ask your heart. If the answer comes out as "Yes", then ask up to what level? If it comes out as "NO", then no point arguing here.
+1. Strong reply.

Naimul_Hd
May 4, 2012, 04:36 AM
Pakistan bomb 'kills 17' in Bajaur district market

A bombing in Pakistan's north-western Bajaur district has left at least 17 people dead, local officials say.

The blast is reported to have targeted security forces close to a marketplace in Khar, the tribal area's main town. Most of those killed were bystanders.The Pakistani Taliban say it was a suicide bombing - officials have yet to confirm the cause of the blast.

Bajaur, close to the Afghan border, has seen heavy fighting between Pakistani troops and Taliban militants.The bomber was on foot and detonated an explosive vest when he reached a police checkpoint, some reports say.

Five of those killed were tribal policemen and one of them had received a presidential award for bravery in fighting militants, reports said.The local Taliban group, led by Maulvi Faqir, has said that it carried out the attack to target a commander in the security forces who killed two insurgent colleagues last year.

The army has repeatedly declared the area to be secure, only for the militants to prove them wrong, the BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad says. A curfew has been imposed in the area, police say.

BBC (video)
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17949042)

Naimul_Hd
May 8, 2012, 05:59 AM
[বাংলা]আদালতের জবাব তৈরি করছে বিসিবি (http://banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=06ef75fbfef0f813b8f96751eaef4 b15&nttl=20120507095559109845)

<hr style="border: 1px solid rgb(214, 214, 214);" color="#fff" width="100%"> স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
ঢাকা: জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফরের ওপর হাইকোর্টের চার সপ্তাহের নিষেধাজ্ঞার মেয়াদ শেষ হওয়ার আগেই বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)’কে কারণ দর্শতে হবে, ‘কেন ক্রিকেটারদেরকে পাকিস্তানে পাঠাতে হবে’।

১৯ এপ্রিল আদালতের নিষেধাজ্ঞার পর ১৯ দিন চলে গেছে। এখনও যে কয়টা দিন আছে তা আদালতে জবাব দেওয়ার জন্য যথেষ্ট। যদিও বিসিবি তাদের কাগজপত্র দিয়ে আইনজীবীকে জবাব তৈরি করছে বলেছে। বিসিবির জবাব গ্রহণযোগ্য না হলে বাংলাদেশ দলের পাকিস্তান সফরের ওপর দীর্ঘ নিষেধাজ্ঞা আসতে পারে।

এখন বিসিবির জবাবের ওপরই অনেকাংশে নির্ভর করছে জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফরে যাওয়া না যাওয়া। যদিও বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল মনে প্রাণে চান বাংলাদেশ দলকে পাকিস্তানে পাঠাতে। আদালতের নিষেধাজ্ঞা থাকায় তিনি কোন প্রতিক্রিয়া দেখাতে পারছেন না।

পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি) ও অপেক্ষায় আছে আইনি প্রক্রিয়া সম্পন্ন করে তাদের দেশে ক্রিকেট খেলতে যাবে বাংলাদেশ দল। [/বাংলা]

So, PCB is still hopeful that BD team will tour ? :)

MSM B2C
May 8, 2012, 06:46 AM
So, PCB is still hopeful that BD team will tour ? :)

we should write this on the wall!

Bangladesh will tour Pakistan before Next Years BPL T20!

Even if it mean's Kamal Mustafa making the team tour in the last month of 2012 (December)