PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of ICC presidency/vice-presidency?

Shubho
April 19, 2012, 08:53 AM
Can somebody, anybody, tell me how we (Bangladesh) stand to benefit if Lotus Kamal is nominated for the vice-presidency of the ICC? My understanding is that his Pak-tour diplomacy has everything to do with being nominated for said post, and nothing to do with strengthening our cricket.

That being the case, surely there must be some benefit to the country? By becoming ICC VP (and eventually president), will Bangladesh cricket miraculously attract untold millions in funding? Will new grounds be stamped out of the ground in every town and village across the country? Will the ICC all of sudden send international coaches for every age-group, every village, every school, etc? Will we get 5 test/ODI series a year?

In short, is Kamal's maneuvering an entirely personal endeavor or does the country gain something in the process as well? If solely the former, why has the government not stepped in and fired his sorry a$$ by now? Is he holding her Ladyship, the honourable PM, ransom in some way?

Zunaid
April 19, 2012, 08:56 AM
We will benefit because he will not be at BCB's helm. Of course, it could get worse if Tutul replaces him.

MSM B2C
April 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
We will benefit because he will not be at BCB's helm. Of course, it could get worse if Tutul replaces him.

I think main benefit will be Bangladesh will get more matches each year + main internationa team's won't be involved in tours when BPL is held, main events will be held in bangladesh. there are quite a few, but the question is will Kamal do it or sit and relax

BengaliPagol
April 19, 2012, 07:17 PM
Lotus Kamal might have a bigger chair to sit on?

firstlane
April 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
He can use the title 'ICC President/Vice President' in his next election campaign.

Shubho
April 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
The question isn't how Ahammok Kamal will benefit. That he will benefit is as clear as day. I would like to know whether the country benefits from him being elevated to the vice presidency of the ICC. If not, I wonder why the government or the BCB executive committee has not called him out on his numerous shenanigans and fired him?