PDA

View Full Version : Your over-rated & under-rated Cricketer

Maysun
May 7, 2012, 12:20 PM
So who according to you is an over-rated & an under-rated cricketer? Mention one player for each in your post. And if you happen to disagree with someone's choice, enlighten us.

Let me start.

Over-rated: Paul Collingwood
Under-rated: David Hussey

zinatf
May 7, 2012, 12:23 PM
Under-rated: Nazmul Hossain
Over-rated: umm......

Banglaguy
May 7, 2012, 07:17 PM
Over-rated: Dilshan.
Under-rated: Darren Sammy.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Roey Haque
May 7, 2012, 07:32 PM
Over rated: Mushfiqur Rahim.
Under rated: Farhad Reza.

oronnya
May 7, 2012, 07:46 PM
Over rated: Mushfiqur Rahim.
Under rated: Farhad Reza.

:) You don't give up :)

Naimul_Hd
May 7, 2012, 08:49 PM
Over rated: Sehwag, Jadeja, Kohli, Narine, Dilshan, Bravo, Murali Kartik, Jesse Ryder, Samuels

Under rated: Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Dyane Smith, Ahmed Shehzad, Brad Hodge, Eoin Morgan

Purbasha T
May 7, 2012, 09:00 PM
Under rated: Ashraful

Over rated: Everyone else

Maysun
May 7, 2012, 11:33 PM
@Naimul_Hd why according to you is Sehwag over rated? He holds the HS of ODI record, scored a couple of triple centuries in tests and took batting a notch higher after Jayasuriya.

And Kohli is obviously one of the new comers who has already grabbed attention within no time. He has a steel determination and I expect him to have massive records once he hangs up.

And Narine? No one is able to pick him up. Has the economy rate, gets the wickets. What else is needed from a bowler?

Maysun
May 7, 2012, 11:52 PM
Over-rated: Shaun Tait
Under-rated: Damien Martyn

Dilscoop
May 7, 2012, 11:53 PM
ATM-
Overrated: Umar Akmal and Jadeja
Underrated: Darren Sammy

Roey Haque
May 8, 2012, 12:36 AM
:) You don't give up :)
Heck no! I wait,wait,wait, then stab,stab,stab. Vicious and merciless.

BengaliPagol
May 8, 2012, 12:39 AM
underated: The whole Bangladeshi Team (excluding Shakib)
overated: ummm ill get back to this one.

Maysun
May 8, 2012, 12:42 AM
Agree with Banglaguy & Dilscoop, Darren Sammy is under-rated. He's a good captain.

Naimul_Hd
May 8, 2012, 12:54 AM
@Naimul_Hd why according to you is Sehwag over rated? He holds the HS of ODI record, scored a couple of triple centuries in tests and took batting a notch higher after Jayasuriya.

And Kohli is obviously one of the new comers who has already grabbed attention within no time. He has a steel determination and I expect him to have massive records once he hangs up.

And Narine? No one is able to pick him up. Has the economy rate, gets the wickets. What else is needed from a bowler?

I am bit old fashioned who likes solid technique over hand eye coordination aoula jaoula batting. Doesn't matter how many runs Sehwag gets, comparing him with Jayasuria, Viv Richards is just childish. Moreover, doesn't matter how many wickets Ajmal and Murali gets, they will be Chucker in my book.

As far as Kohli and Narine are concerned, no doubt they have a very bright prospect but still long way to go. But calling them one of the bests in the business now (according to some of the commies) is just premature.

Dilscoop
May 8, 2012, 01:34 AM
Kohli is NOT overrated. He is an arrogant prick, a bit douche, but he is not overrated. Do look at his stats. How many of our shona-babu's have scored that many centuries within their 1st 85 odd games? Even Sachin didn't have that many 100s that early on. How many other players (world-wide) avg that high in their first 100 games? He avg is a solid 50 in ODI. You can't say all that about any other young number 3 batsmen right now. With Ponting gone, and Kallis hanging on, Saga and Mahela batting all over the place, he is the best No. 3 to have in ODI. And he just starting up in test, already avg.ing better than our best batsmen. To top it all of he is one of the best fielders going around.

Kohli is best in the business right now. And 85 matches played, 4k+ BF, 3500+ runs scored is NOT premature. Calling Nasir Hossain the next Shakib is premature.

Give the credit where it's due, don't let hate get in the way.

Maysun
May 8, 2012, 05:56 AM
@Dilscoop You just echoed my sentiments about Kohli.

BengaliPagol
May 8, 2012, 06:14 AM
i love Kohli

simon
May 8, 2012, 08:04 AM
Over-rated : Ashraful
Under-rated: Ashraful

Ajfar
May 8, 2012, 08:08 AM
Kohli is NOT overrated. He is an arrogant prick, a bit douche, but he is not overrated. Do look at his stats. How many of our shona-babu's have scored that many centuries within their 1st 85 odd games? Even Sachin didn't have that many 100s that early on. How many other players (world-wide) avg that high in their first 100 games? He avg is a solid 50 in ODI. You can't say all that about any other young number 3 batsmen right now. With Ponting gone, and Kallis hanging on, Saga and Mahela batting all over the place, he is the best No. 3 to have in ODI. And he just starting up in test, already avg.ing better than our best batsmen. To top it all of he is one of the best fielders going around.

Kohli is best in the business right now. And 85 matches played, 4k+ BF, 3500+ runs scored is NOT premature. Calling Nasir Hossain the next Shakib is premature.

+1. Kholi is a beast. You are right he can be a bit of a douche, but when you are that good you can do whatever you want.

Maysun
May 8, 2012, 08:30 AM

I might get a bashing for this, but for me that equation holds true for Tamim Iqbal. Over-rated by us, the Bangladeshi fans(he's not that great) & under-rated by others, the International fans(he's not that bad) :-|

zinatf
May 8, 2012, 08:38 AM
Maysun....even I might get a bashing...but I agree with you.

Rabz
May 8, 2012, 08:42 AM

Pola da Ashraful er pichu charlo na !!!

Maysun
May 8, 2012, 09:13 AM
Over-rated: Daniel Christian
Under-rated: Albie Morkel

Roey Haque
May 8, 2012, 11:17 AM
The over rated players mentioned I disagree with so far are Dilshan, Paul Collingwood, and Sehwag.
To begin with, all three are fantastic fielders. That alone should convince anyone still hanging on their bowling or batting abilities as to whether they are worth the hype or not. Oh, and the fact that they can all both bat and ball surely give them versatility points? So how in the blue hell are they overrated? They are rated just fine.

The only under rated player mentioned I disagree with so far is obviously Ashraful. The guy is under rated? Give me a break. In fact give me a million breaks. The guy should not be rated at all as he doesn't merit a place in the national team. His report should just say "sacked". Case closed.

roman
May 8, 2012, 11:29 AM
Under Rated: has to be Hashim Amla. This guy is terrific but not too many people talk about him

Over-Rated: Dont wanna start another Ash Bash thread. So I am not going there :)
I think it is Tamim Iqbal. He is good no doubt, but he is definitely not THE best opener in the world like some of us think.

NoName
May 8, 2012, 02:38 PM
Under-rated- Chanderpaul and Hashim Amla
Over-rated- Jadeja

oronnya
May 8, 2012, 03:13 PM
Under Rated: has to be Hashim Amla. This guy is terrific but not too many people talk about him

Over-Rated: Dont wanna start another Ash Bash thread. So I am not going there :)
I think it is Tamim Iqbal. He is good no doubt, but he is definitely not THE best opener in the world like some of us think.

Who thinks that?? Tamim still has so much flaws in his batting.. He only looks good when he connects and that doesn't happen very consistently !!!

For Under rated I am with you.. Hashim Amla is definitely underrated..So is Sangakara (not talking about T20)

Over rated crown definitely goes to Jadeja..

Night_wolf
May 8, 2012, 11:25 PM
Under rated: Ashraful

Over rated: Everyone else

this

every other post doesn't count

Ash is the most under rated cricketer of the century, he is the greatest batsman alive and nobody notices this:facepalm:

He is the best there was, the best there is and the best there will be:goal:

Dilscoop
May 9, 2012, 01:21 AM
Overrated: Rohit Sharma
Underrated: Brendon Taylor

Maysun
May 9, 2012, 03:08 AM
I agree with you on Brendon Taylor, was about to write his name!

Dilscoop
May 9, 2012, 03:35 AM
All time underrated: J Kallis. Overrated: F Flintoff

BengaliPagol
May 9, 2012, 04:35 AM
underrated: Philander.
overrated: still cant come up with one

Gowza
May 9, 2012, 07:38 AM
yeah as much talent flintoff had i'd say he was overrated he didn't put in the performances, and jadeja is overrated to.

Navo
May 9, 2012, 12:32 PM
Underrated: New Zealand team (that contained Stephen Fleming, Chris Cairns, Shane Bond, etc.)

Maysun
May 9, 2012, 01:04 PM
Navo, that was one strong team. Perhaps the only promising & exciting young talent from NZ now is Kane Williamson.

Navo
May 9, 2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, but they were still underrated. Even this modern NZ team punches above its weight often, despite lacking talented cricketers like Cairns.

Maysun
May 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
Over-rated: Andrew Hall
Under-rated: Ramnaresh Sarwan

Roey Haque
May 10, 2012, 11:29 AM
Over-rated: Andrew Hall

There is no such thing as an over-rated South African cricketer.

Ajfar
May 10, 2012, 11:33 AM
Navo, that was one strong team. Perhaps the only promising & exciting young talent from NZ now is Kane Williamson.

They have other decent players coming into the squad.What about that doug bracewell guy I don't know how old he is but he had a remarkable series against Australia.

Dilscoop
May 10, 2012, 12:15 PM
There is no such thing as an over-rated South African cricketer.

True that. Their 2nd best players are England's top class. That says lot. :D

mar umpire
May 27, 2012, 11:13 PM
over-rated-Justin Bieber
Under-rated-Momtaz

Ashraful-doesn't deserve a rating-too unstable. Sometimes over, sometimes under
Ashraful is the Bipolar disorder of cricket

BengaliPagol
May 28, 2012, 03:57 AM
Under rated - Philander, Amla, Clarke, Gambhir, Trott, Cook, de Villiers, Hafeez, Ashwin, Kayes
Over rated - Jadeja, Dilshan, McCullum

World Champs
May 29, 2012, 01:06 AM
Over Rated- Umar akmal, Rohit sharma, Gautam Gambhir, Dhoni( as captain)

Under Rated- Thilan Samaraweera, Tsotsobe

LOLLLL................... Posters calling Jadeja over rated. Who the hell rates him. Indian fans don't even want him in the team.

World Champs
May 29, 2012, 01:08 AM

Exactly. Kohli might not be a popular or a likeable player, but he is probably the best young batsman that the world cricket has ATM.