PDA

View Full Version : Khulna set to be new Test venue?

Nadim
May 8, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna could become the seventh Test venue of Bangladesh when the country hosts West Indies in November, said officials of the Bangladesh Cricket Board on Tuesday.
BCB took an initiative to hold a Test match and an one-day international as the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong is all set to go for a renovation work ahead of the ICC World Twenty20 in 2014.
ZACS hosted at least one Test of every series in Bangladesh since 2006, but it is unlikely to be ready until early 2014 after renovation work starts in two months time, said the officials.
It left the BCB with little choice as other major venues will also see some kind of renovation works during the period. However, officials said that the Khulna venue is almost ready and all they need to host a Test match here is the approval of the International Cricket Council.
‘We are trying to arrange a Test match and an ODI at Khulna when we play West Indies in November provided we get the approval from the ICC,’ said Shafiqur Rahman, chairman of grounds and facilities committee of BCB.
‘At that point of time there will be renovation works at the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong for the ICC Twenty20 World Cup. We wont get that venue till the mid of 2013,’ he said.
The BCB equipped Khulna stadium with all modern facilities after it was selected as one of the alternative venues during the last ICC World Cup. It also has the most modern drainage system similar to the one at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, the home of BCB.
The stadium, that hosted Bangladesh’s first official Twenty20 International, is already a recognised ODI venue, though it hosted only two matches, both in 2006 against Kenya and Zimbabwe respectively.
If it gets the nod from ICC it will be Bangladesh’s seventh Test venue after Bangabandhu National Stadium, Chittagong’s MA Aziz Stadium, Fatullah stadium, Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur and Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong.
Among these venues Fatullah and Bogra have hosted only one Test match each

SOURCE (http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-05-09&nid=9670)

If this is true, this will be a great news for the fans. I'm damn sure this ground have better facility than ctg:facepalm:

Also, gd to see CTG stadium will go under renovation work, which we badly need :D

MohammedC
May 8, 2012, 01:40 PM
Chittagong ground needs proper drainage system like SBNCS

Dilscoop
May 8, 2012, 01:43 PM
Ya, you have to have a INT stadium in the nation of your all time best cricketer.

Go ShakiNation.

hoodlum
May 8, 2012, 01:57 PM
I wonder how's the hotel facilities in khulna..as far as i know khulna doesnt have a 5 star hotel yet.

MohammedC
May 8, 2012, 02:34 PM
http://new.ittefaq.com.bd/uploads/news_image/2012-05-09_1336493547.jpg

Maysun
May 8, 2012, 02:43 PM
Looks very basic to me, how old is this photo?

Whatever happened to the Cox Bazaar stadium plans?

mufi_02
May 8, 2012, 02:56 PM
I wonder how's the hotel facilities in khulna..as far as i know khulna doesnt have a 5 star hotel yet.

That's the main problem. I don't think they have any quality hotels. They all look 2.5 star at best.

Hotel Royal
http://hotelroyalintl.com/images/royal_hotel.jpg

oronnya
May 8, 2012, 03:04 PM
That's the main problem. I don't think they have any quality hotels. They all look 2.5 star at best.

Hotel Royal
]

But the best part is now there will be lots of investors who will be interested to invest in hotels and other facilities !!! Now BPL will also held in this stadium..Khulna is one of the top tourist attractions in BD and you really needed that exposure for this city !!

mufi_02
May 8, 2012, 03:17 PM
But the best part is now there will be lots of investors who will be interested to invest in hotels and other facilities !!! Now BPL will also held in this stadium..Khulna is one of the top tourist attractions in BD and you really needed that exposure for this city !!

I don't think having only one Int'l stadium will make the investors go wild. We barely play cricket and whenever we do, most of the matches are in SBNS. Once CTG gets renovated, Khulna won't get more than 2-3 intl matches in a calendar year. So I am not that optimistic :-|

zinatf
May 8, 2012, 03:19 PM
Great news!! Thanks Nadim :)
I was actually looking forward to the Cox Bazar stadium....would have been amazing if that happened....an international level stadium just beside the beach....how cool is that....but you see amidst of all this...the tourism board will have to take a step in this...along with BCB they will have to work hard in getting investors so as to get 5star rated hotels or motels and also the entire development of the city and nearby areas of the states...but this is :flag: where everything is planned...but nothing takes place :exclamation:

oronnya
May 8, 2012, 03:25 PM
I don't think having only one Int'l stadium will make the investors go wild. We barely play cricket and whenever we do, most of the matches are in SBNS. Once CTG gets renovated, Khulna won't get more than 2-3 intl matches in a calendar year. So I am not that optimistic :-|

If we continue with BPL successfully I think that will definitely make the investors interested as soooo many people from all over BD will go there to cheer for their team.. specially with Shakib's fan base whenever KRB will be playing at their home ground his supporters will follow.. So the demand for good facilities will definitely increase and our investors should be smart enough to meet that demand..

But of course with BD you never know.. shobai eikhane ulta pothe hattei je beshi pochhondo kore :sigh:

simon
May 8, 2012, 03:32 PM
good news,thanks Paglahawa,

Khulna theke Dhaka koto dur(no bhugol quiz here)? beshi dur na hoile kintu Dhaka hotel e thaika match er din subhe sadik e rouna dilei hoya jay.

Rubu
May 8, 2012, 03:34 PM
I'd rather focus on getting our existing venues to world level than getting more of the same. The number of tests that we play, is it really necessary? Why not make the other venues fast and bouncy and improved gallery and accommodations first?

Ajfar
May 8, 2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.hotel-castlesalam.com/

review from trip adviser
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g667472-d1732253-Reviews-Hotel_Castle_Salam-Khulna_City_Khulna.html

Need some serious make over but atleast something for now. We can always hope for improvement.

Equinox
May 8, 2012, 03:46 PM
If we continue with BPL successfully I think that will definitely make the investors interested as soooo many people from all over BD will go there to cheer for their team.. specially with Shakib's fan base whenever KRB will be playing at their home ground his supporters will follow.. So the demand for good facilities will definitely increase and our investors should be smart enough to meet that demand..
Even if that does happen, which I'm sceptical about, I very much doubt the people you are talking about will go stay in 5 star hotels just to watch cricket. And if the BPL does adopt a home-away format, wouldn't the people just wait for the stars to come to their city and watch them play? I agree with mufi. Cant see decent hotels springing up in Khulna just because of the BPL or 1/2 international matches a year.

Mirpur/Chittagong/Sylhet/Cox's Bazar - these venues have the facilities so just develop them. No need for a new drama everyday. We can possibly have another stadium in Dhaka around the Purbachal area. That's five international venues. There's no need for more.

oronnya
May 8, 2012, 04:11 PM
good news,thanks Paglahawa,

Khulna theke Dhaka koto dur(no bhugol quiz here)? beshi dur na hoile kintu Dhaka hotel e thaika match er din subhe sadik e rouna dilei hoya jay.

nah Dhakai theke Khulnai khela dekhe ferot asha jabe na.. amar jotdur mone achhe oneekk lomba bus ride .. Tired hoye jaben.. khela dekhar tel thakbe na..

zinatf
May 8, 2012, 04:16 PM
^^GURU!! Korlen to Bangladeshi politician marka ekta comment!!!

Haire :facepalm:

hoodlum
May 8, 2012, 05:37 PM
Even if that does happen, which I'm sceptical about, I very much doubt the people you are talking about will go stay in 5 star hotels just to watch cricket. And if the BPL does adopt a home-away format, wouldn't the people just wait for the stars to come to their city and watch them play? I agree with mufi. Cant see decent hotels springing up in Khulna just because of the BPL or 1/2 international matches a year.

Mirpur/Chittagong/Sylhet/Cox's Bazar - these venues have the facilities so just develop them. No need for a new drama everyday. We can possibly have another stadium in Dhaka around the Purbachal area. That's five international venues. There's no need for more.

Exactly. Bogra has a 3 star hotel which is better than any other hotels in Khulna. Why not play a test match over there? Officials say that Bogra lacks an airport for which BCB is unabe to provide logistical support. But Khulna doesnt have an airport too. Jessore airport is the closest one but that too is 60km away from Khulna. I'd rather want Bogra to emerge as the next venue rather than Khulna. Bogra stadium is in good condition and its outfield is one of the best in BD. Even building a new Stadium in Coxs Bazar is logical as it has good accomodation and an airport. I hope Sylhet stadium is renovated well before the t20 wc as every other facilities are available there.

Nocturnal
May 8, 2012, 06:54 PM
Old news about Khulna Stadium but worth re-visiting .... Good Facility

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1233300&postcount=52

Gowza
May 8, 2012, 07:04 PM
the more international quality stadiums/facilities, the better it is for BD cricket.

zinatf
May 8, 2012, 08:21 PM
http://eprothomalo.com/contents/2012/2012_05_09/content_zoom/2012_05_09_22_3_b.jpg

Dilscoop
May 8, 2012, 08:45 PM
So much for Cox

Kana-Baba
May 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
need more info about the hotel.

tkandi4
May 8, 2012, 09:23 PM
IMHO, we don't need another stadium considering how little international games we play.We spent a ton of money and got ICC approval for Fatullah, Bogra stadiums, but how many games did we play there? Teams even didn't want to go to Fatullah for practice. But new stadium construction, renovation of existing ones, etc. are opportunities to make money, so you will see a lot of initiatives from BCB for this kind of projects.

Navo
May 8, 2012, 09:37 PM
Don't worry, we can just airlift the cricketers by helicopter to and from Sheraton/Sonargaon =p

or Beamer bhai can give them a lift in his car-plane that I hear (read) that he has recently acquired.

Isnaad
May 8, 2012, 10:22 PM
A wonderful decision! I have been to Khulna's stadium very recently and it has great facilities! And looks a very picturesque stadium specially from the outside. Only problem is it has low capacity but I don't think many people will come over to watch Test matches. So that is totally fine.
Regarding hotel facilities, Castle Salam and Royal which are situated just next to each other(10 minutes ride from the stadium) are both 3 star hotels and that is all Khulna has. But that should not be a problem at all according to me. 3 star is fine for teams like West Indies and for Bangladeshi players as well.

playmaker
May 8, 2012, 10:32 PM
Good to hear, also the rajshahi and sylhet stadiums need transformation and ZACS need improvement.

Anyways, ive been to the ZACS , its extremely beautiful!

Sohel
May 9, 2012, 12:36 AM
I've been to SANS in Khulna and it's a good stadium. But I'm waiting for venues in Rangamati (we need to renovate the beautiful stadium there already), Cox's Bazaar and Kuakata. More importantly, I'm waiting for international cricket to be played there or anywhere involving Bangladesh.

Loitta-Tutla-Lipu don't seem to care about that.

Nafis 1718
May 9, 2012, 02:10 AM
http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=165&with_photo_id=20727260&order=date_desc&user=2340872

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=166&with_photo_id=20726959&order=date_desc&user=2340872

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=167&with_photo_id=20726670&order=date_desc&user=2340872

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=80&with_photo_id=46813332&order=date_desc&user=2340872

Khulna Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium

Dilscoop
May 9, 2012, 02:13 AM
^ Thanks.

Looks way too simple. Hopefully they build decent stands and nothing like the ones in Mirpur (which was pretty crappy up until the WC)

Nafis 1718
May 9, 2012, 02:20 AM
^ Thanks.

Looks way too simple. Hopefully they build decent stands and nothing like the ones in Mirpur (which was pretty crappy up until the WC)

:)
I hope the Cox's Bazar stadium that is suppose to be used in the 20 20 world cup has better stands.

BengaliPagol
May 9, 2012, 04:44 AM
Does it kill for the BCB to not make a slow, dry pitch?

We need to desperately build a green, luscious outfield with a fast, bouncy pitch.

This is killing me.

Isnaad
May 9, 2012, 04:50 AM
^ Thanks.

These pics are too old. You should see how the stadium looks after the renovation. It is picturesque! And has all modern facilities. Wait let me look for the latest pics.

Isnaad
May 9, 2012, 04:53 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319837_327120477360473_254149207990934_773311_1004 170158_n.jpg

BengaliPagol
May 9, 2012, 04:57 AM
^^wow i didnt see that coming

AbuDarda
May 9, 2012, 05:43 AM
WOW,FANTASTIC!!! Is it really khulna stadium? I cant belive it!

Nafis 1718
May 9, 2012, 11:26 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319837_327120477360473_254149207990934_773311_1004 170158_n.jpg

Looks great :)

MohammedC
May 9, 2012, 11:33 AM
thanks isnaad looks better than the one I posted from Ittefaq.

playmaker
May 9, 2012, 11:33 AM
good looking stadium a bit too small for my liking. And hopefully, there will be an upper tier too!

BTW, i badly want to see rajshahi cricket stadium renovated. that way we can have 4 home team grounds at least in BPL 2013!

hoodlum
May 9, 2012, 01:44 PM
^^ Rajshahi stadium is not in a good shape so im sure it will be the last city/division to host a Test/ODI. BPL might have sylhet stadium as the next home ground for Sylhet.

Nadim
May 9, 2012, 01:58 PM
I never understood the logic of Narayngonj Fatulla stadium...wwhat a waste of money it was.

it's been 6 long years since we played a game over there. Even our A Team/Acadmy or U19 team doesn't play a game there. not even our FC cricket :sick:

why?
coz the facility sux big time. no hotel, even 2 star hotels nearby. And i better not talk about the roads...:sick: and the flood around the ground when it rains for only 10 mins :sick:

:sick:

WarWolf
May 9, 2012, 02:01 PM
I played in Khulna divisional stadium back in 2000 when I was a univ student there. That time the stadium barely had an unprepared ground and nothing else. It has come a long way since then.It definitely worth a try. People visiting Khulna for cricket have a good chance to visit Shundarban.

hoodlum
May 9, 2012, 02:51 PM
Renovating Fatullah again is a big waste of money. They should have spent money renovating Sylhet stadium.

HereWeGo
May 9, 2012, 03:12 PM
The playing area is probably one of the biggest I have seen. You can literally fit 3 stadiums from New Zealand :D ...
I hope the capacity was bigger tho...

mac
May 9, 2012, 03:37 PM
Renovating Fatullah again is a big waste of money. They should have spent money renovating Sylhet stadium.

Not really, they are planning to use the huge empty land outside the stadium as a training ground. And once the jatrabari flyover is completed, it will be a 40 min drive from sheraton.

deshimon
May 9, 2012, 03:48 PM
It is a great news for the people of khulna. Khula division always suplies lot of players like Shakib, Mashrafi, Abdur Razzak but they can not see their players in their own ground. There is nothing to say negative about waste of money. Because the stadium is fully prepared to play rather BCB waste lot of money uselessly for keeping it fit without playing a single match for several years. Now if matches will be held it will be good. Even Khulna is the third biggest city after Dhaka and Cittagong. Hope for a huge crowed here.

mac
May 9, 2012, 04:12 PM
I never understood the logic of Narayngonj Fatulla stadium...wwhat a waste of money it was.

it's been 6 long years since we played a game over there. Even our A Team/Acadmy or U19 team doesn't play a game there. not even our FC cricket :sick:

why?
coz the facility sux big time. no hotel, even 2 star hotels nearby. And i better not talk about the roads...:sick: and the flood around the ground when it rains for only 10 mins :sick:

:sick:

That's mainly because there's a huge construction work of Jatrabari Flyover going on. Don't forget this stadium has the only sporting wicket of where NCL matches are held!

Dilscoop
May 9, 2012, 04:39 PM
I wait for the day when the grass will be green and there will be no brown patches. My eyes get tried watching cricket from subcon. There is reason why God made grass GREEN. It's pleasant.

Also, if I was a player, I'd want the grass to be as green as possible. I don't wanna burn my knees, thighs and elbows rolling around on a brown field.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/145400/145447.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/145300/145332.jpg

Navo
May 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
^^ The Army should be allowed to prepare the fields =p The Cantonments have some luscious green fields for sports and aesthetic purposes.

zsayeed
May 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
Imagery from 2/10/2012
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/khulna-1.jpg

Imteaz
May 10, 2012, 02:12 AM
Good. Why they are not using Bogra anymore? As i know Bogra is also a test venue with modern facilities.

Isnaad
May 10, 2012, 02:14 AM
Good. Why they are not using Bogra anymore? As i know Bogra is also a test venue with modern facilities.

Awami League is in power, that is why :-p

Zunaid
May 10, 2012, 02:16 AM
Here's another image.

Source: Aslam Goni's album on Topix (http://www.topix.com/album/detail/bd/khulna/QO5DJV10BRKNH493)

http://images.topix.com/gallery/up-JIB11JUSR320JRF5.jpg

BengaliPagol
May 10, 2012, 02:16 AM
the jatrabari fly over has been in construction for a long time now.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Imteaz
May 10, 2012, 02:34 AM
Awami League is in power, that is why :-p

:o
God, Save Us!!!!!!!!!!! What a wastage of national resource!!!!!!!!!!!!

playmaker
May 10, 2012, 02:38 AM
need renovation for rajshahi and sylhet. I think the idea of stadium in Cox's pathetic because the people their go to cox's for the beach and hotels not for watching a cricket match.

Locals are more likely to go but how many locals are their? And only a portion of them go so MMW the idea of Stadium in CB will be a flop. Rather have more stands in CTG and dhaka stadiums.

mar umpire
May 10, 2012, 07:17 AM
Khulna before any of the other areas. Then expand into more venues. 3rd largest city, port city, tourist attraction in the sundarbans, home to some of the best cricketers BD has produced

mar umpire
May 10, 2012, 07:18 AM
It is a great news for the people of khulna. Khula division always suplies lot of players like Shakib, Mashrafi, Abdur Razzak but they can not see their players in their own ground. There is nothing to say negative about waste of money. Because the stadium is fully prepared to play rather BCB waste lot of money uselessly for keeping it fit without playing a single match for several years. Now if matches will be held it will be good. Even Khulna is the third biggest city after Dhaka and Cittagong. Hope for a huge crowed here.

spot on

Nadim
July 12, 2012, 05:59 PM
Update:

Khulna set for Tests

Khulna's Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium is all set to become Bangladesh's newest Test venue as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is planning to stage one Test and one ODI there during West Indies' tour in November this year.

West Indies is scheduled to come to Dhaka in November to play two Tests, five one-day internationals and one T20 international. BCB has generally used the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium as the second venue after the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur for home series but this time they have to go for an alternative venue as the ground in Chittagong is undergoing renovation work.

Though there is another Test venue in the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra, the BCB's cricket operations committee chairman Enayet Hossain Siraj said: "We have no other choice because the ground in Chittagong is undergoing renovation work. And we thought that Khulna would be our best option to host one Test and an ODI match when West Indies visit in November this year.

"Khulna presently has approval to host only the one-day internationals, so we need the approval from ICC to host Test matches. It will not be a problem because the facilities are satisfactory and we are working to improve everything before the West Indies series," he added.

The stadium, which was one of the five purpose-built cricket grounds established in the run-up to the 2004 Under-19 World Cup, previously hosted two ODI matches, where hosts Bangladesh took on Zimbabwe and Kenya back in 2006. Bangladesh also played one T20 International against Zimbabwe at the venue.

The stadium, with a capacity of 15,000, was also one of the alternative venues during the ICC World Cup 2011.

"Khulna has a good ground with logistical facilities so it is a good option for us. There is no major problem at all to host internationals matches. The condition of the ground is quite satisfactory and other facilities are also improving day by day. We talked with the city mayor [Talukder Abdul Khaleque] and other concerned people regarding the accommodation," said BCB's acting CEO Nizamuddin Chowdhury, who visited the venue along with BCB's director Dewan Shafiul Arefin and other officials yesterday.

Siraj however said that they are worried about the condition of the Jessore-Khulna road but hoped that it will be okay by the time the West Indies team arrive.

If everything goes according to plan the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium will be the country's seventh Test venue.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=241862

+++
finger crossed!!!

MohammedC
July 12, 2012, 06:02 PM
We dont want henry gayle to tweet about that on the way to Khulna.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For those who find themselves at Jessore airport, I recommend you do not use the gents toilet on arrivals. There are things growing in there</p>&mdash; Stuart Barnes (@stuartnbarnes) <a href="https://twitter.com/stuartnbarnes/status/223074656796680193" data-datetime="2012-07-11T15:21:57+00:00">July 11, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

al Furqaan
July 12, 2012, 06:52 PM
Good news if it goes through...Khulna has produced a lot of players and matches there should continue fan interest. Need to play tests in Sylhet as well.

BANFAN
July 12, 2012, 07:17 PM
If everything goes according to plan the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium will be the country's seventh Test venue

And we keep playing in two grounds ... Even five ODIs can be played in five different grounds... That would help a lot in attracting more young boys into cricket, across the country.

Rifat
July 12, 2012, 07:41 PM
Update:

Khulna set for Tests

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=241862

+++
finger crossed!!!

finger straightened and pointed straight up :D

playmaker
July 12, 2012, 10:26 PM
We dont want henry gayle to tweet about that on the way to Khulna.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For those who find themselves at Jessore airport, I recommend you do not use the gents toilet on arrivals. There are things growing in there</p>&mdash; Stuart Barnes (@stuartnbarnes) <a href="https://twitter.com/stuartnbarnes/status/223074656796680193" data-datetime="2012-07-11T15:21:57+00:00">July 11, 2012</a></blockquote>

Ive been to Zahur ahmed chowdhury stadium several times. And I remember that during the WC the handshower were pulled off by someone and you really couldnt use the toilet :facepalm:

al Furqaan
July 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
And we keep playing in two grounds ... Even five ODIs can be played in five different grounds... That would help a lot in attracting more young boys into cricket, across the country.

if we play 3 matches, they should be 1 in mipur, 1 in ctg, 1 on a rotational basis between khulna and sylhet and bogra

5 match series, have 2 in mirpur, and 1 each in khulna, sylhet, ctg.

tests we should always have one in mirpur, the other one can rotate...Khulna and Sylhet have a few national team cricketers, Ctg has none and yet Ctg always gets matches.

BANFAN
July 13, 2012, 08:09 AM
if we play 3 matches, they should be 1 in mipur, 1 in ctg, 1 on a rotational basis between khulna and sylhet and bogra

5 match series, have 2 in mirpur, and 1 each in khulna, sylhet, ctg.

tests we should always have one in mirpur, the other one can rotate...Khulna and Sylhet have a few national team cricketers, Ctg has none and yet Ctg always gets matches.

:up: completely agree to that. That will serve our cricket in many ways.

We have TI from Ctg though ... :)

deshimon
July 14, 2012, 06:27 AM
Tamim Ikbal is from CTG. But Khulna has lot of current national players like Shkib, Razzak, Mashrafi, Rubel, Imrul, Ziaur etc

Rabz
July 14, 2012, 08:49 AM
Shakib alone warrants a stadium in Khulna.
If you can give the nation a player like Shakib, you deserve to have a game in your home turf.
Khulna gave more than Shakib.
It deserves to host a test match.

Plus its also my birth place.
That should be another primary reason :D

lamisa
July 15, 2012, 01:12 AM
good! we need more venues! tired or mirpur and ctg stadium!

Zeeshan
July 15, 2012, 01:15 AM
good! we need more venues! tired or mirpur and ctg stadium!

tl;dr lamis

Rabz
July 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
Khulna hole ami chestha korbo khela dekhte jawar.
Roth o dekha hobe, kola o becha hobe.
Podda shetu to prae shesh, ei fake shetur upor dariye ektu hawa batash o kheye nibo arki.

Equinox
July 16, 2012, 12:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Home dressing room Khulna cricket stadium! <a href="http://t.co/1PKucVvu" title="http://twitter.com/stuartnbarnes/status/224806333239664640/photo/1">twitter.com/stuartnbarnes/…</a></p>&mdash; Stuart Barnes (@stuartnbarnes) <a href="https://twitter.com/stuartnbarnes/status/224806333239664640" data-datetime="2012-07-16T10:03:01+00:00">July 16, 2012</a></blockquote>

Leafs PWN
July 16, 2012, 03:43 PM
Barnes seems like a douche from these pics/tweets.

zahidnyc
July 16, 2012, 05:16 PM
can anyone get the whole khulna stadium recent picture please , thanks

deshimon
November 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
Great moment of the people of Khulna. Hope this venue will give us a good beginning history of Test with winning the match like its past international record. Bangladesh has never been defeated in any ODI and T20I which had been played here ever. We can expect it will keep his record.

MyRoom
November 20, 2012, 02:31 PM
Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium looks fantastic even if its not a big seating capacity now. That means that so far, 3 of our stadiums are of high standard now as long as the renovation is done properly in Chittagong Zohar Stadium. Fatullah is also getting a complete facelift and maybe one day we can hold test matches there again but I like the way Bangladesh Cricket is going now forwards rather than backwards.

reyme
November 23, 2012, 01:41 AM
What's the point even playing in Khulna? The stadium is 80% empty! Not even 1000 people in the stadium.

Habib
November 23, 2012, 01:47 AM
What's the point even playing in Khulna? The stadium is 80% empty! Not even 1000 people in the stadium.

People just don't wanna see such pathetic bowling and fielding from our boys. Frankly, it's quite boring in the field ATM. It was almost a housefull on the first day.

NoName
November 23, 2012, 01:59 AM
Yeh fans are not going to put up with this nonsense.

deshimon
November 23, 2012, 04:36 AM
We know that all tickets of day 3 are sold. So if people don't come in the stadium it means people don't want to see the miserable performance of our bowlers.

MyRoom
November 23, 2012, 11:00 AM
Don't blame our fans for not turning after all, who wants their team to get dominated by the opposition? at least our fans have brains.

deshimon
November 24, 2012, 01:35 AM
Hope this venue will give us something memorable.

Habib
November 24, 2012, 01:50 AM
They applauded Chander's 150. The best BD crowd ever.