PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe Tri Series

zimfan
May 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
Zim, SA T20s now a three nation series PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 10 May 2012 17:41

Kevin Mapasure

ZIMBABWE’S T-20 series against South Africa penciled for next month has been turned into a triangular series with the inclusion of Bangladesh who made a late request for inclusion in the series that starts on June 24 in Harare.
Bangladesh’s request to Zimbabwe for inclusion was immediately welcomed by the two teams as it would give them more practice opportunities.

South Africa first made the request for the Proteas to face The Reds in a five-match-spar ahead of the World Cup to be organised in Sri Lanka.

Bangladesh’s August tour to Zimbabwe for two Tests, three ODIs and two T20s has since been postponed to a date yet to be agreed on with Zimbabwe proposing October while Bangladesh can only accommodate it next year, giving their domestic league smooth running time.

Zimbabwe Cricket managing director Ozias Bvute confirmed the development yesterday, adding that they were already working on the modalities with the involved nations’ boards.

“The Bangladesh Cricket Board requested that the Tigers join us in the World Cup warm up matches that we will have with South Africa,” said Bvute. “We wrote to South Africa who have since indicated that they have no problem with it being a triangular series. We are currently discussing the modalities with both nations. It should be noted, however, that these are not official matches but practice matches that we are all using to prepare for the World Cup,” Bvute added.

Zimbabwe and South Africa play each other every year in different formats of the game as Zimbabwe continues rehabilitation into big time cricket.

Zimbabwe is in the same World Cup group as South Africa together with Sri Lanka while Bangladesh is pooled with Pakistan and New Zealand.

Allan Butcher’s team will be involved in the first match of the tournament when they clash with the hosts on September 18.

The two teams in each of the four groups will qualify for the Super Eight and Zimbabwe’s task is to get at least one victory to stand a chance.

After a disappointing end to a season that started well, Zimbabwe will seek to build a competent side that can restore lost reputation.

They have been boosted by the return of some of their top performers who were absent from the New Zealand tour, who include Chris Mpofu, Craig Ervine and Vusi Sibanda who was excluded for disciplinary reasons.

oronnya
May 10, 2012, 06:20 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Thank you Zimfan :) It made my day !!!

Habib
May 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
Wow. Where did that come from? Take that Pak fans who were laughing at us :)

Zunaid
May 10, 2012, 06:25 PM
Nai mamar cheye:

It should be noted, however, that these are not official matches but practice matches that we are all using to prepare for the World Cup

oronnya
May 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
Nai mamar cheye:

Yeah that line made me sad.. but shotti kotha nai mamar heye kana mama bhalo.. boys will get a chance to prepare for the WC..

As it's not official they won't broadcast this I think :( .. Will cricinfo provide a coverage? (may be not :()

Naimul_Hd
May 10, 2012, 06:29 PM
Now as its a Triangular Series, whats the problem of being Int'l matches ?

Habib
May 10, 2012, 06:39 PM

Doesn't matter really. The stats won't count, but we are getting a good preparation against a quality opposition which is better than doing nothing or playing a few ODIs against Ireland IMO.

Naimul_Hd
May 10, 2012, 06:44 PM
Doesn't matter really. The stats won't count, but we are getting a good preparation against a quality opposition which is better than doing nothing or playing a few ODIs against Ireland IMO.

It does matter mate. If it was official matches, then we could have watched it online/tv. Now, who's gonna telecast practice matches ? And when 3 international teams are playing abiding by ICC rules, then what's the problem calling it 'official series' rather than practice matches ?

And i aint complaining about the series, i am only questioning the status of games.

BANFAN
May 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks Zimfan...that made my night ...:)

Purbasha T
May 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
Good they'll be playing, bad we won't be watching.

ma_o_mati
May 10, 2012, 07:59 PM
Should have been official but atleast we got to play some matches.

Ajfar
May 10, 2012, 08:30 PM
Supersports still might cover it you never know. I'm sure we will figure out one way or another to get updates. I mean this is BC after all, we'll figure out a way.

Rubu
May 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
Why not make them official matches? Getting that status should not be too hard to gain.

Saifulsohel
May 10, 2012, 10:56 PM
Zim announced 24 men team for the series.They want to try every1.

playmaker
May 11, 2012, 12:22 AM
Official or not thats awesome news

thank you zimbrother :notworthy:

Also salute to SA!! letting us in *emotional* SA are more kind to us then our so called loving neighbours

ZimSlog
May 11, 2012, 01:55 AM
Salaam my Bengali bhai and apus! looking forward to the upcoming "unofficial tri-series" and yet another opportunity to beat your behinds! see you then.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Night_wolf
May 11, 2012, 03:12 AM
Salaam my Bengali bhai and apus! looking forward to the upcoming "unofficial tri-series" and yet another opportunity to beat your behinds! see you then.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

its time you disclose your origin to us!:waiting:

Roni_uk
May 11, 2012, 03:44 AM
I read the news few times but couldn't figure out when it is scheduled for. When is it for?

Maysun
May 11, 2012, 03:44 AM
Great news, sad that it's not official matches but we've got some preparation atleast before the WC!!

riankhan
May 11, 2012, 03:59 AM
Thank you Zimbabwe :big_hug:

Boomerang
May 11, 2012, 04:09 AM

I guess for that you need to arrange a better management. I mean you have to look after lots of things. They thought it won't be financially beneficial for them with the sponsors and other stuffs. Now they need not to worry and no one will complain if a goat enters the field for eating grass. :big_hug:http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg621/boomerang1717/1Capture.png

playmaker
May 11, 2012, 04:38 AM
Boomerang bhai ki je ekta jinish post korlen apne!

:lol:

Antora
May 11, 2012, 06:29 AM
Great News. :)

shuziburo
May 11, 2012, 08:05 AM
Who decides whether a match is official or not?

roman
May 11, 2012, 08:21 AM
Why dont they come and tour us instead. WC will be held in SL and practicing in BD will help both Zim and SA to get familiar with South Asian Condition. That would have been better than practicing in ZIM.
Afterall preparing for the WC is the sole purpose of this triseries.

Ajfar
May 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
Why dont they come and tour us instead. WC will be held in SL and practicing in BD will help both Zim and SA to get familiar with South Asian Condition. That would have been better than practicing in ZIM.

Expensive plus this was already planned long time ago. I think the purpose is mainly for SA to bring the team together after IPL, they are probably not too worried about location.

Naimul_Hd
May 11, 2012, 08:33 AM

Its rainy season in BD, and Ramadan is going to start from July. So, no chance of playing in Bangladesh before Sept.

playmaker
May 11, 2012, 09:15 AM
Zim will be an ideal place, so is SA.

Id want the tour in SA because our boys need to get used to the conditions, even if we are thrashed, so lets see what happens :)

crikss
May 11, 2012, 09:48 AM
Major tournament will be played in Sri lanka and they are going to SA and that is also for those matches which are not even declared as Official...wth...

zinatf
May 11, 2012, 10:02 AM
Oh NICE!!! Our boys will be facing Steyn/Morkel...ahhh!!! VERY THRILLED!!

roman
May 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
Still not sure if Shakib should play this unofficial tournament or go to play County and gather some valuable experiences.

I'd prefer some promising youngsters to get tested in this series like Mominul, Asif, Anamul

Tiger444
May 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks zimfan for the news. This should be very good practice for our boys. We should try out the newer guys like Ziaur, Milon, Anamul, Shabbir, Mominul and Abul and see how they do.

Roni_uk
May 11, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ok so its in June 20th. Cricinfo updates

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/current/story/564473.html

TigerEz
May 11, 2012, 02:58 PM
good good.....all good

Naimul_Hd
May 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
Itinerary Zim Tour

Between 13-17 June: 50 Over Practice game (probable)

18 June : Ban vs Zim
19 June : Ban vs SA
21 June : Ban vs Zim
22 june : Ban vs SA

Final : 24th June(If Bangladesh Qualifies)

Rabz
May 14, 2012, 01:23 AM
BCB has done good in this case.
You must have to give them credit where its due.

Naimul_Hd
May 14, 2012, 01:32 AM
BCB has done good in this case.
You must have to give them credit where its due.

No doubt. BCB has done exceedingly well to convince other boards. We have now more games than it was scheduled for before.

jamal451230
May 14, 2012, 03:44 AM
Only one person in bangladesh board deserve a credit and that is board president moatofa kamal , even gazi ashraf hossain lipu says we dont need to play just give them a break , no wonder bp mostofa kamal wants to remove the players inclusion from board presidency , bcz kamal knows if this guy lipu become next bcb board president than future for bangladesh cricket will be over , everyone says players need a break ohh why we need to spend al the money for no reason while we hardly have any match next year ftp , but kamal was standing by hisself bcz he love bangladesh cricket and he wants to see bangladesh are improving , plz everyone pray for kamal trust me only bcz of him we have succes wc . Bcz of him we have world class stadium now bcz of him bnagladesh is developing on cricket faster than ever , i just pray to allah he stays bangladesh board president forever

Roni_uk
May 14, 2012, 03:48 AM
Good stuff... can someone please update the timer? Every time I look at it, it makes me depressed.

frd
May 14, 2012, 04:19 AM
Only one person in bangladesh board deserve a credit and that is board president moatofa kamal , even gazi ashraf hossain lipu says we dont need to play just give them a break , no wonder bp mostofa kamal wants to remove the players inclusion from board presidency , bcz kamal knows if this guy lipu become next bcb board president than future for bangladesh cricket will be over , everyone says players need a break ohh why we need to spend al the money for no reason while we hardly have any match next year ftp , but kamal was standing by hisself bcz he love bangladesh cricket and he wants to see bangladesh are improving , plz everyone pray for kamal trust me only bcz of him we have succes wc . Bcz of him we have world class stadium now bcz of him bnagladesh is developing on cricket faster than ever , i just pray to allah he stays bangladesh board president forever

MR.JAMAL ,are you brother of MR.KAMAL?E-)

oronnya
May 14, 2012, 08:47 AM
MR.JAMAL ,are you brother of MR.KAMAL?E-)

Very good question :)

Tiger444
May 14, 2012, 08:51 AM
Don't forget that BCB got themselves in to this mess. They should've been able to schedule matches a long time ago and did this all last minute. Since they've scheduled the matches though, they should end up getting credit but this should be a lesson to them that they need to schedule matches a long time before.

loyalfan
May 17, 2012, 03:54 PM
Bangladesh have been included in a Twenty20 tri-series in Zimbabwe, which will also feature South Africa, in June. Ozias Bvute, Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) managing director, confirmed to ESPNcricinfo that Bangladesh will take part, while the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said they only needed the ratification of their board before regarding the matter as finalised.

"We have put forward such a request [to play in Zimbabwe] and as far as we are concerned, we have received positive feedback. We are awaiting an approval from our board," BCB cricket operations manager, Sabbir Khan said.

The assignment will be Stuart Law's final one in charge of the national team. Law announced his resignation last month but said he would see out his contract, which runs until the end of June. Bangladesh are already in the process of interviewing a replacement, with Richard Pybus considered the frontrunner.

The series will come as welcome relief to Bangladesh who have suffered two setbacks in their quest to play more cricket recently and were not due to play any international matches before the World T20 in September. Their August series against Zimbabwe, which was due to consist of two Test matches, was postponed because of maintenance work in Harare and Bulawayo.

Bangladesh's proposal to Cricket South Africa (CSA) for a limited-overs series in May was turned down. South Africa's busy schedule and the logistical problems in finding a place to host the matches were the chief reasons for CSA declining Bangladesh's offer. CSA did not have a problem with Bangladesh's participation in Zimbabwe in June though, provided it did not alter their initial plans.

"We said we would not have an issue if Bangladesh joins us as long as it does not disrupt our schedule," South Africa team manager Mohammed Moosajee said. "We cannot spend longer than a week in Zimbabwe because we leave for England after that."

Gary Kirsten, South Africa head coach, requested five Twenty20s in five days against Zimbabwe as part of his preparations for the World T20. South Africa arrive in Zimbabwe on June 18 and are scheduled to play the five fixtures from June 20 to 24. Although, the dates for their trip will not change, itinerary of matches might change to accommodate Bangladesh. "We might have a rest day in between or something like that but as long as we play the number of matches we wanted to, that's fine with us," Moosajee said.

Despite the addition of Bangladesh, the series will remain an unofficial one with the matches classed as practice matches only. It is also unlikely to be televised as per ZC's financial considerations. Bangladesh are likely to head to Europe in July to play five ODIs.