PDA

View Full Version : Paperboy Pappu's cricket journey

Tiger444
May 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
<fieldset style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', Tahoma, Georgia, Verdana, Lucida, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; ">Paperboy Pappu's cricket journey

</fieldset>http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2012/05/18/2012-05-18__sp04.jpg (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/photo_gallery.php?pid=234597)<small class="fixedcap" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 12px; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; width: auto; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "><center style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">AMIT HASAN PAPPU</center></small>Shahnoor Rabbani

During the four-day screening camp at the National Cricket Academy Ground over May 12-15, it was evident that the 50 boys selected (from around 9,000) that had shown up from various parts of the country had the passion and dedication required to become a cricketer.

They would each toil all day under the sun performing various drills to test their abilities to be among the best 24 players for the under-17 combined school primary team. Among them a young left-arm spinner showed exceptional grit and gusto to tough it out under the scorching heat and go about the task merrily, encouraging his friends through the process.

A quick chat with him provides a much clearer picture. Amit Hasan Pappu, a 16-year-old from Dinajpur Zilla School, was a paperboy before he discovered his talent in cricket.

read more on Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=234597)

Maysun
May 17, 2012, 01:44 PM
Good luck to the kid. :up:

There are many such instances, whose stories are/were not told.

Zunaid
May 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
[Please put the source of the article with a hyperlink at the beginning and most definitely put the author's byline if there is one. Or only put an excerpt and link back to the original]

Navo
May 17, 2012, 06:43 PM
"I wasn't always a spinner. I would bowl fast, but my coach advised me to switch to spin and everything turned around for me just like that," Pappu adds.

Issh....how many potential fast bowlers have we lost in this way?

mar umpire
May 17, 2012, 07:00 PM
"Turned around"
Nice pun by Pappu

Tiger444
May 17, 2012, 07:03 PM
[Please put the source of the article with a hyperlink at the beginning and most definitely put the author's byline if there is one. Or only put an excerpt and link back to the original]

Sorry bhai. I'll remember that next time.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Tiger444
May 17, 2012, 07:09 PM
"I wasn't always a spinner. I would bowl fast, but my coach advised me to switch to spin and everything turned around for me just like that," Pappu adds.

Issh....how many potential fast bowlers have we lost in this way?

Its sad. Players should be encouraged to become pacers not discouraged. This part of our cricket culture has got change or else we'll continue to see an enless supply of SLA's and a dry supply of pacers.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Tigers_eye
May 17, 2012, 08:07 PM
May he fulfill his destiny.

Ar ek ta SLA?