PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 ways to force Sujon to quit

rafiq
March 13, 2004, 12:41 AM
10. On the banglacricket.com board, point out the ineffectiveness of his gentle medium pace, how few runs he gets, how he is as likely to get a duck as score a 16 - make all arguments for and against and go on and on until server bandwidth is overloaded and the site crashes.

9. Ask Coach McInnes of the U-19 team to prepare progress charts showing Sujon to be not only in decline but actually in unchartable territory

8. Ask Chinaman and Zunaid to collaborate on a "To Retire or Not to Retire Calculator" tool which Sujon can use online to arrive at the right decision.

7. As an incentive, have Doorbin/CareerDesign offer Taka 3000, to be wired immediately to Sujon's bank account

6. Create a book of every post on this topic from banglacricket.com, bind it with a nice "we love you chachu" on the cover, and Express Mail it to Harare

5. Offer to send him to Cancun for Spring Break, all expenses paid by unnamed sponsors

4. Make him stop doing Stuart Smalley self-affirmation exercises ("I'm Sujon; I'm good looking, I play great cricket, people like me; and gosh darn it, I like myself") - a bad habit picked up from watching too many taped reruns of Saturday Night Live

3. Send an Internet chain mail, forge Arafat Rahman's signature, declaring "We would like to rescind our previous decision to ask Sujon to un-retire; please forward this mail to 10 good friends if you want good luck this year"

2. Organize a retirement ceremony for him, award him nice memorablia from the 1999 Pak and 2004 Zim wins, and send him on his way. If he doesn't show up, burn him in effigy and announce the retirement to the press on his behalf

And now, the #1 way to force Sujon to quit inernational cricket (drumroll please)...:

1. Call a dawn-to-dusk nationwide hartal should he play another match.

ok some of these are lame, but please feel free to add and embellish in your best irreverent David Letterman style...

DOORBIN
March 13, 2004, 12:49 AM
Get rid of Shujon?
Not an easy job to do
In the sky of Bangladesh cricket
He is a real Dillika Ladddooo

:drool:

kkakash
March 13, 2004, 02:53 AM
if he loves the game of cricket he should quit.

how stupid is he after the board humiliates him, then he retires and then joins the odi again.

he has issues including the fact he can not play cricket.

chinaman
March 13, 2004, 04:40 AM
Sutro holo X = K * Y

Mone Kori, Shujoner Retirement holo giye X abong performance Y
"K" holo akti Konstant (jaar mann karou ozana noy)

Tahole dekha zachche je:

Shujoner Retirement = K * Shujoner Performance

Aamra jani je Shujoner Performance holo "0"

Otoab, Shujoner Retirement = K * 0

Otoab, Shujoner Retirement = 0

Margin of error +/- 1

See Result in page 86.

Page 86

Shujoner Retirement = 0 +/- 1 Din.

Orpheus
March 13, 2004, 04:51 AM
not a single was lame.... very funny!

Rafiq ChithiLok is your new name!

Zephaniah
March 13, 2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Orpheus
not a single was lame.... very funny!

Rafiq ChithiLok is your new name!

Weren't we talking about Sujan?
How come Rafiq hopped into here? :S

Orpheus
March 13, 2004, 11:02 AM
Considering that was not a weird joke I couldn't catch -

I was referring to the member Rafiq NOT the bowler Rafique!

Why would I write about Rafique?

Rubu
March 13, 2004, 03:08 PM
Tell him u are too good for bangladesh team. and give him the news that UAE and USA team are consists of immigrants, if he goes there, he'll surely get a chance.

James90
March 14, 2004, 04:12 AM
They wouldn't want him

Shafi
March 14, 2004, 10:03 AM
After grabbing 4 wkts what about him now?

Tehsin
March 14, 2004, 10:12 AM
It's a great way to go. We should throw a retirement party. :)

Kalbaisakhi
March 14, 2004, 10:29 AM
Not now
he has lot to give at this moment.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

reinausagi
March 14, 2004, 11:58 AM
Shujon needs to take jump rope lessons from Masri.

Just kidding.

AGC
March 14, 2004, 12:14 PM
4 wickets in 8 balls. Amazing stuff. A great way to retire.

Sami
March 14, 2004, 12:28 PM
this is high time he shud retire... amra shobai khushi monay oke bidai janabo :)

sage
March 14, 2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by chinaman
Sutro holo X = K * Y

Mone Kori, Shujoner Retirement holo giye X abong performance Y
"K" holo akti Konstant (jaar mann karou ozana noy)

Tahole dekha zachche je:

Shujoner Retirement = K * Shujoner Performance

Aamra jani je Shujoner Performance holo "0"

Otoab, Shujoner Retirement = K * 0

Otoab, Shujoner Retirement = 0

Margin of error +/- 1

See Result in page 86.

Page 86

Shujoner Retirement = 0 +/- 1 Din.

X = k*Y
X=>retirement
Y=>performane
k=>constatnt

We get Y As such

Y=RR + BE - d/dz (W)

RR=>Run Rate
BE=>Bowling Economy
d/dZ(w)=> Rate of his weight increase with time (using diferential)
:lol:

Pundit
March 14, 2004, 04:53 PM
Maybe one of you ought to now write up a list of how to kick your own rear 10 different ways and still stand up straight to admit your level of arrogance and disdain for other people.

Rubu
March 14, 2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Pundit
Maybe one of you ought to now write up a list of how to kick your own rear 10 different ways and still stand up straight to admit your level of arrogance and disdain for other people.

Carte Blanche
March 14, 2004, 07:17 PM
It was just a fluke. Chacha should be out of the team. He is useless. "Chachar chamra, tule nebo amra" :lol:

reinausagi
March 14, 2004, 07:19 PM
I'm happy that Khaled Mahmud got 4 wickets to his name in the fifth ODI. Three of his four victims: Flower, Carlisle and Taibu were out trying to hit out against him to bring the game to an early conclusion. All three were caught, the last two thick edging to Mashud. The point is this, they were out trying to hit out against the most worthless bowler on paper Bangladesh threw at them on the day. Sloppy batting does not pay for anyone except prolong the career of a great cricketer who should have retired months ago. On the other hand, maybe Mahmud 'beat' the batsmen! May be it was his swing, reverse swing or... he just beat them with his raw pace!

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by reinausagi]

fab
March 14, 2004, 07:20 PM
Seems like the only time chacha can perform is when his position is under question. I vote that chacha-bashing should become a common practice of the media and fans!

reinausagi
March 14, 2004, 07:26 PM
Seems like the only time chacha can perform is when his position is under question. I vote that chacha-bashing should become a common practice of the media and fans!

You might be on to something fab. Let's apply this to McInnis. Is it just co-incidence, or did his team really turn on the performance after the media and fans got on his case about the initial losses...

Pundit
March 14, 2004, 08:52 PM
Agent Smith -

Sorry man. Like your name suggests, you have all too often ended up in the wrong end of matters. I guess I was correct, rear end must be hurting ?

And dear Sage Sahib,

Quit sending me freaky U2Us. They are no better than your spunkless attempt to contrive numerical hebejebees in the name of 1st grade intellectual appeal.

My point is, has anybody amongst you ever even played cricket to the level that your demonizing a national cricket player should be taken any more seriously than your endless drivel over this subject that never seems to go !!

FaltuRidwanBhai
March 14, 2004, 08:54 PM
shujon
dont worry chacha. chaliya jan puro shokti diye. ai medium pace diyeo ja dekhaisen ami kintu aro akbar tashki khaise. dont worry chacha. let them shout. shono kothai kan dibenna. apni khelte thaken. coach ase apnar shathe. apni bat ball duita diyai chalai jan. agun zhoran. apnar shai akromonattok khela khele jan. apni ai boyosheo ja dekhachhen ta kintu chotoder jonno akta boro drishtanto hoye thakbe. dannabad.

Pundit
March 14, 2004, 09:12 PM
U2U from Sage -

"As long as your hiding behind a computer."

Yet another cowardly empty threat from my fellow brother.

chinaman
March 14, 2004, 09:35 PM
Dear Pundit

If you think you were unfairly treated by u2us or posts from a fellow members, I think the best course of action would be to notify moderators instead of taking matters onto yourself.

I'd also like to point out that your earlier post was directed to posters instead of posts which we actively discourrage. We'd highly appreciate if you show support to our visions and practices.

One last note, one doesn't have to be a national player to love or hate national players. Fans always enjoy that built-in previllege. Cheers.

Rubu
March 14, 2004, 10:21 PM
originaly by pundit:My point is, has anybody amongst you ever even played cricket to the level that your demonizing a national cricket player should be taken any more seriously than your endless drivel over this subject that never seems to go !!.

sorry, i'm not SCHOLER enough to get your point. is there any rule that a critic has to play cricket in the top level to be a critic? just for your info sir, rana was out of final 11 only because chachu ketp the postition engaged. and what rana can do is shown at the 3rd match. if rana was in the squad in the 2nd match, the result could have been changed. any comment?

also i find it funny that someone who cannot even write respectfully to other members talk about respect.

ok, the grate chachu (almost time to call dadajan) did good at last match. still what did we gain from that? and how much future does he has other than keeping a position in the team.

i think that 19/4 is a god's gift for him so that he can retires with fun. who knows how wise or scholer he is.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by AgentSmith]

rassel
March 14, 2004, 10:42 PM
Nothing wrong with chacha playing in every game, because if he performs well he deserve to be in the match, if he doesn't just simply put him on the bench. Noting more to it!!!! One more thing, Can we stop tacking about chacha? Itís time to move on.

sage
March 15, 2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Pundit

Arrogance and Disdain!! Where did you see arrogance in this thread. It is a funny thread man. Rafiq's post was LOL, Chinaman's creative formula fits for all player not only for your pearer chachu. Doorbin made me hungry by talking about Laddoo tao abar dillica man. In case you have missed the Humor part, I broke it down for you.

BTW: I havn't seen any pundit playing in that lavel either. Pundit you can not do calculus in elementary. In case you have any problem understanding the formula I am sure somebody will explain it for you.

Pundit
March 15, 2004, 12:26 PM
Dear Chinaman bhai,

Thanks for your instructions. You do realize that it itself is full of contradictions, don't you ? Either way, as long as people make responsible comments, I enjoy reading them as a priviledged member of this board, and will continue to cherish this opportunity. If not, I will reply to them the way I deem fit. And that is my prerogative also as a humble board member. You must admit, afterall, all you can blame me of is "arrogance."