PDA

View Full Version : Sahara sponsoring Bangladesh cricket team

Pages : [1] 2

Equinox
May 25, 2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/566185.html?CMP=outlook_news
Subrata Roy, the chairman of the Sahara group that sponsors India's men's and women's cricket teams, has said that he is interested in sponsoring Bangladesh cricket.

Speaking at an event in Dhaka, he said that it 'may be possible' for Sahara to sponsor the Bangladesh team. "The Sahara logo is seen on the jerseys of Indian cricket team," he said. "Though I am not announcing it right now, but I can say it may be possible to see the same logo on the jersey of Bangladesh cricket team."

Last month, the BCB had announced a request for quotation (RQF) for the sponsorship rights for the national team. The board, however, couldn't confirm any official approach from the Sahara group.

In February, Sahara and the BCCI's relationship went through a rough patch, with the group saying it was withdrawing sponsorship of the India team and selling their IPL franchise, Pune Warriors. However, after two weeks of negotiations, the two parties patched up, and Sahara is currently serving its third consecutive term as India's sponsors. The last times the rights were open to bidding, in May 2010, Sahara outbid Bharti Airtel, offering Rs 3.34 [US$593,000 approx] crore per match.

Apart from India's senior cricket teams, Sahara also sponsors the country's field hockey men's and women's teams, and was co-sponsor of the 2010 Commonwealth Games held in Delhi.
Certainly better than having a no-name company like Neway, which no one knows what it does yet, as sponsors.

Shubho
May 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
I say, get them on board.

kalpurush
May 25, 2012, 12:22 PM
... and make sure they pay...

Shubho
May 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
Unlike our BPL team owners, these guys tend to honour their commitments.

Sohel
May 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mr. Roy's family has deep roots in Bikrampur, Dhaka. His family lost land during the ethnic cleansing of the 1940s, and this is a good faith way for him to reestablish his roots here. Almost all of the Indian Bangalis with roots in Bangladesh (often stigmatized as Bangals there), at least the ones I've met over the years, have deep feelings about our country, and I'm glad that Mr. Roy is investing here, a volatile and risky place when it comes to land deals.

His deep pockets would benefit our team immensely.

MohammedC
May 25, 2012, 12:42 PM
Sahara Kathun apar kushi ke dekhe.

Tiger444
May 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
Really good news. Hopefully this falls through.

Sohel
May 25, 2012, 12:45 PM

:lol: ... just imagine her mug on the kit!

HereWeGo
May 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mr Subrata Roy is a true gentleman and got a deep routed love for bengalis. I can without doubt state that he is the main reason if not the only reason for picking a player from Bangladesh in his IPL team. Saurav Ganguly got a team in IPL mainly because of him.
His Sahara parivar also has the highest employee in India.

Hope Bangladesh gets the sponsorship......

Sohel
May 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subrata_Roy

Good Wiki.

FaHiMa
May 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
hmm interesting...I'm totally on board. Let's hope this works out.

BD Rox
May 25, 2012, 01:28 PM
I hope they have better jersey than Neway.

roman
May 25, 2012, 01:34 PM
That's a good news if become a reality..Also I would be very happy if they can build a good cricket stadium and get us an India tour

Maysun
May 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
Get them on board!

MSM B2C
May 25, 2012, 02:01 PM
Honestly, Dont like the Idea of Sahara Sponsoring Bangladesh Cricket. I would rather prefer someone to sponsor from bangladesh. I don't like bangladesh to be refered as a Sponsor from India team. Blood is bangladeshi, Jersey is bangladeshi, players are bangladeshi and sponsor should be bangladeshi. Keep it all deshi. But I would be happy if they sponsor on other things like BPL!

BD Rox
May 25, 2012, 02:04 PM
Honestly, Dont like the Idea of Sahara Sponsoring Bangladesh Cricket. I would rather prefer someone to sponsor from bangladesh. I don't like bangladesh to be refered as a Sponsor from India team. Blood is bangladeshi, Jersey is bangladeshi, players are bangladeshi and sponsor should be bangladeshi. Keep it all deshi. But I would be happy if they sponsor on other things like BPL!

Well said, boy. Loved it!

roman
May 25, 2012, 02:10 PM
Well in that case why get a foreign coach then? Keep it all deshi then :)

But I know what u mean. Nothing finalized yet. Let's see what they have to offer if selected..

MSM B2C
May 25, 2012, 02:18 PM
Well in that case why get a foreign coach then? Keep it all deshi then :)

But I know what u mean. Nothing finalized yet. Let's see what they have to offer if selected..

bhai do you wan't you team to be called Sahara India?

if the was a huge comporate gaint like Sahara Bangladesh and they wanted to sponsor India, will that look nice?

skhondoker
May 25, 2012, 02:20 PM

Really!!!
Grameen Phone is really a Norwegian Company.....(Telenor)
Sahara is investing in BD so makes it a BD company as well....
Emirates sponsers a lot of foreign national teams...

MSM B2C
May 25, 2012, 02:25 PM
Really!!!

Brother, don't misunderstand my Point -

I have nothing against Sahara Sponsoring Bangladesh!

But Sahara India sponsoring, Yes. I dislike it.

So bangladesh will be giving more publicity to the indian by wearing the sponsors?

In Grameen phone, do you have like Grameen India, or Pakistan?

Wearing a bangladeshi Jersey and saying it's sponsored by India! hmm sounds bad.

roman
May 25, 2012, 02:26 PM

if the was a huge comporate gaint like Sahara Bangladesh and they wanted to sponsor India, will that look nice?
Lol bhai...I think you got your answer from khondoker bhai
Really!!!

MSM B2C
May 25, 2012, 02:28 PM
Lol bhai...I think you got your answer from khondoker bhai

I hope BD does not become a Laughing Stock!

Imagine Bangladesh playing India and both sponsors are Sahara India!

I guess there will be only one winner:)

HereWeGo
May 25, 2012, 02:29 PM
Here it starts again... cant wait before people starts bringing "AL India" - RAW- Israel- Mossad ... and what not.... :D

Grow up people.... foreign company means foreign currency....
And if they bid the highest amongst everyone that only means more money for BCB which can only be beneficial for bd cricket...

MSM B2C
May 25, 2012, 02:33 PM
Here it starts again... cant wait before people starts bringing "AL India" - RAW- Israel- Mossad ... and what not.... :D

Grow up people.... foreign company means foreign currency....
And if they bid the highest amongst everyone that only means more money for BCB which can only be beneficial for bd cricket...

SomeCompany from bangladesh Like Biman Bangladesh should sponsor India and see how the response come from indian fans:D

Shubho
May 25, 2012, 02:33 PM

So bangladesh will be giving more publicity to the indian by wearing the sponsors?

Wearing a bangladeshi Jersey and saying it's sponsored by India! hmm sounds bad.

I think you're seeing boogeymen where there are none. Do you really think the Tigers jersey will say Sahara India Bangladesh if Sahara were to sponsor our team? It will probably just say Sahara, or Sahara and then Bangladesh on top or underneath. I don't see much wrong with that. Right now, the jerseys say Neway, which isn't one jot better.

MSM B2C
May 25, 2012, 02:35 PM
I think you're seeing boogeymen where there are none. Do you really think the Tigers jersey will say Sahara India Bangladesh if Sahara were to sponsor our team? It will probably just say Sahara, or Sahara and then Bangladesh on top or underneath. I don't see much wrong with that. Right now, the jerseys say Neway, which isn't one jot better.

If it say's Sahara Bangladesh or just Sahara, no problem at all:)

HereWeGo
May 25, 2012, 02:38 PM
SomeCompany from bangladesh Like Biman Bangladesh should sponsor India and see how the response come from indian fans:D

There are Crazies in every country I guess...

I just know that if this wasnt an indian or a pakistani company than no one would make any such ultra patriotic remarks!!

cricheart
May 25, 2012, 02:39 PM
Sahara.. umm.. wow.. Big Sponsor. Definitly they can out bid the tender by big mergin.
So I hope they'll come up with better Sponsorship name than "Sahara Team India"

MSM B2C
May 25, 2012, 02:46 PM
There are Crazies in every country I guess...

I just know that if this wasnt an indian or a pakistani company than no one would make any such ultra patriotic remarks!!

Bhai its not about an Indian or Pakistan company!

if someone like King Fisher or some big name sponsored, I would be delighted.

if Sahara sponsors, I am happy not sahara India please.

Razi
May 25, 2012, 02:57 PM
If it say's Sahara Bangladesh or just Sahara, no problem at all:)

Be rest assured that it won't be Sahara India, and it's written Sahara India in India's jersey because they always had their country's name in front of the jersey irrespective of the sponsors. We didn't have Grameenphone Bangladesh or Neway Bangladesh for that matter. So if the deal works out, it's probably going to be only Sahara or maybe on the name of the huge project that Sahara is investing in BD.

shakibrulz
May 25, 2012, 03:48 PM

I wouldn't give a rats behind, really. Who gives a damn? Sahara is a great sponsor and might be able to get good investments in for BD. That's all that matters. It doesn't matter what some "fans" think.

Ahsan
May 25, 2012, 03:49 PM
Is not the parent company name "Sahara Pariwar"? If there's no branch/sister company of Sahara Pariwar in Bangladesh, then it would say "Sahara Pawiwar" not "Sahara India" methinks.
Although having "Sahara Indian Bangladesh" might suit the reality, especially when BD ppl can't even survive one day without even onion from India. During my last visit to BD (Dec'2011) I have not seen any family I went where kids were not watching Indian TVs ,including bengali Sarah one, ETVBA tv channels, instead of many bangladeshi tv channels! Maybe it's just somoyer dabi :)

hoodlum
May 25, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sahara should sponsor Bangladesh. No problem with that.

raad007
May 25, 2012, 04:42 PM
I hope Sahara doesn't come. Its all politics. Already they are building a city in Bangladesh. Its like India is taking over our country.

Antora
May 25, 2012, 04:53 PM
As much as sahara may be a good company, I think, we must refrain ourselves from indian and pakistani companies. Only because of political reasons and the way people will react. I mean I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm sick of hearing that our country is being sold to india! :facepalm: I dont want a group of people in BD saying that now we are "selling" our cricket team too. -_- cricket should be free from this stupid BD politics, and so, as good as a company sahara may be & as much as we may want it, I'm not sure if it will be worth all the controversy that I can see taking place. But I have no problem with it myself .

MohammedC
May 25, 2012, 04:54 PM
If they pay the right price do I care. $2 million dollar a year 5 year contract (I must be dreaming) is what I will settle and I doubt anyone else will pay that much.

crikss
May 25, 2012, 05:04 PM
Much better than those shady MLM company sponsoring .. Let's go Sahara and what about those Indian issue since his mom is from Bikrampur, Bangladesh then in that reference Subrata Roy is a Bangladeshi :D

Rabz
May 25, 2012, 05:07 PM
If they cough up enough dough, why not ??
Don't think it would be called Sahara India, rather Sahara Matribhumi, the company he is supposed to have formed in BD.

In question of ethics, its far better than the MLM Neway.

But it might not be an easy call as High Highness Loitta is one of the major shareholders of Neway.

BengaliPagol
May 25, 2012, 05:37 PM
people are saying that Sahara is an Indian company so why should they sponsor us. Then why is Tamim sponsored by CA which is a Pakistani brand. Why is Shakib being sponsored by Reebok? Get over it guys. We dont have have to be called 'Sahara Bangladesh'. Just put the Sahara logo on the Bangladeshi jersey and we should see money flooding in.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

raad007
May 25, 2012, 06:09 PM
Reebok and CA are completely different things than Sahara. Sahara is a Indian political company where they are sport brands. I would rather have any b class company from Bangladesh sponsoring our cricket than anything from India politics

Kana-Baba
May 25, 2012, 06:20 PM

where were you when GP sponsored Bangladesh team? This sorts of emotion is not helpful at all. Whoever gives most money will be the sponsor. It has nothing to do with patriotism.

Kana-Baba
May 25, 2012, 06:25 PM
Reebok and CA are completely different things than Sahara. Sahara is a Indian political company where they are sport brands. I would rather have any b class company from Bangladesh sponsoring our cricket than anything from India politics

What did you mean by POLITICAL COMPANY? !!!

Kana-Baba
May 25, 2012, 06:48 PM

Mr. Roy is a smart man, obviously smarter than most of us, that is why he just formed a company named সাহারা মাতৃভূমি উন্নয়ন কর্পোরেশন লিমিটেড to tackle anti-India sentiment! I guess you won't have see Sahara India on tiger's jersey. Happy now?

Seriously dude, how much common sense it takes to understand that a cut-throat businessman like Mr. Roy won't hurt the feeling of people by putting name of another country in any national team's jersey that may jeopardize business?

Sahara will drain out huge money from country, more than what they should have. While
most people would not notice that, they would rather be happy to see সাহারা মাতৃভূমি written on the jersey and take personal satisfaction that they are patriot enough to prevent 'Sahara India' logo.

crikss
May 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
If they cough up enough dough, why not ??
Don't think it would be called Sahara India, rather Sahara Matribhumi, the company he is supposed to have formed in BD.

In question of ethics, its far better than the MLM Neway.

But it might not be an easy call as High Highness Loitta is one of the major shareholders of Neway.

Interesting never knew Lotus Kamal also have shares in that MLM company called Neway.. No wonder how these shady companies running in Bangladesh. Easy money I guess

zinatf
May 25, 2012, 07:10 PM
And no wonder Neway designed jersey for Sylhet Royal, a.k.a Nafisa Kamal's team in BPL!

zinatf
May 25, 2012, 07:12 PM
Good initiative! It's good for our team that a renowned company like Sahara wants to invest on us....well Mr. Roy still feels Bikrampur as his roots

tiger_army
May 25, 2012, 08:31 PM
playing for country isnt all about money...I dont have any issue with Sahara sponsoring our cricket as long as they dont use their te-ranga (indian flag color) logo on our jersey.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h130/bang_tiger/NKE00102_NKE00102.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h130/bang_tiger/sahara_208506866.jpg

senman
May 25, 2012, 08:47 PM
Seriously some of the posts are laughable. Do you think any sponsor will advertise a company in another country? Sahara will only sponsor to develop & advertise the company inside Bangladesh so no-way its going to be called "Sahara India"

Although I agree first preference should be given to domestic company but if huge sum is going to come and if the sponsor doesn't interfere in any sentiments why not?

patriotism is great blanket blind patriotism will cause more harm to one's own country.

FaHiMa
May 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
... -_- cricket should be free from this stupid BD politics...

Kinda naive to think cricket is free from BDeshi politics ---or any politics!

fuadomar
May 25, 2012, 09:59 PM
Seriously some of the posts are laughable. Do you think any sponsor will advertise a company in another country? Sahara will only sponsor to develop & advertise the company inside Bangladesh so no-way its going to be called "Sahara India"

Although I agree first preference should be given to domestic company but if huge sum is going to come and if the sponsor doesn't interfere in any sentiments why not?

patriotism is great blanket blind patriotism will cause more harm to one's own country.
How is Sahara group treated in India?

senman
May 25, 2012, 11:27 PM
How is Sahara group treated in India?

What you mean by that can you be specific?

If you are asking how an ordinary citizen feels about ? its nothing special they are sponsor for Indian team and a real estate company. They are one among many companies established in India but now trying to branch out.

All I am saying is to investigate all possible option, if domestic company fits the bill give it preference if not go for the better sponsor, don't out-rightly reject it because it is Indian or Pakistani.

mar umpire
May 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
Good initiative! It's good for our team that a renowned company like Sahara wants to invest on us....well Mr. Roy still feels Bikrampur as his roots

bikrampur-er pola, ashi taka tola

fuadomar
May 26, 2012, 12:34 AM
What you mean by that can you be specific?

If you are asking how an ordinary citizen feels about ? its nothing special they are sponsor for Indian team and a real estate company. They are one among many companies established in India but now trying to branch out.

All I am saying is to investigate all possible option, if domestic company fits the bill give it preference if not go for the better sponsor, don't out-rightly reject it because it is Indian or Pakistani.
I was interested about the work ethics, reputation and popularity of this group. There are some business companies who are hugely popular because of their CSR and commitment to the society. Also there are some companies, who are alleged to be corrupted and run by inefficient and bad people. How do you guys rate SAHARA?

fuadomar
May 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
I would prefer a foreign sponsor. In that way, the cash will enter in our country from outside, an inward remittance, you can say. I guess sponsor does not get anything in return except the publicity. I might be wrong, but guess that it is an indirect investment where sponsors do not get back the profit in form of money.

Max100
May 26, 2012, 01:11 AM

Can't laugh anymore, I have seen her pic

BD Rox
May 26, 2012, 04:32 AM
I would prefer a foreign sponsor. In that way, the cash will enter in our country from outside, an inward remittance, you can say. I guess sponsor does not get anything in return except the publicity. I might be wrong, but I never heard that, it is a direct investment where they gets back the profit in the form of money.

I want to see some well known better sponsor than Sahara.

nightwatchman
May 26, 2012, 07:33 AM
Bikrampur is the best root anyways...
In my opinion Sahara Matribhumi sounds better than Vodaphone
and atleast this way another multinational company give something back instead of taking all the profit away

cricheart
May 26, 2012, 09:55 AM
Bikrampur is the best root anyways...
In my opinion Sahara Matribhumi sounds better than Vodaphone
and atleast this way another multinational company give something back instead of taking all the profit away

Whats happen with Vodaphone? Are they bidding as well?

senman
May 26, 2012, 10:51 AM
I was interested about the work ethics, reputation and popularity of this group. There are some business companies who are hugely popular because of their CSR and commitment to the society. Also there are some companies, who are alleged to be corrupted and run by inefficient and bad people. How do you guys rate SAHARA?

Indian corporate world is the real force behind the economic miracle in India and not the politicians except a select few. These companies as all others in the world are profit driven but their success is directly attributable to their effective practices. I don't have much info on Sahara but I am 100% sure if there is anything remotely off BCCI wouldn't have engaged them. They are the biggest sponsor of Indian team till now.

Personally I have no exposure to Sahara so nothing to say frankly. As India is huge only a select few brands affect all Indians(Tata, Reliance for example). We just consider Sahara as just another brand (apparently its one of the 100 trusted brands in India)

You can check it out here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara_India_Pariwar

Severus
May 26, 2012, 11:18 AM
Reebok and CA are completely different things than Sahara. Sahara is a Indian political company where they are sport brands. I would rather have any b class company from Bangladesh sponsoring our cricket than anything from India politicsso it's now a political company? That's a new type of business lol

Sohel
May 27, 2012, 03:38 AM

The link in post #10 can get you started. Also Google is your friend and Sahara Parivar is one of the largest and most transparent companies in the world. Loads of material there to answer your questions there. Then again, if you have an utterly irrational but deeply embedded India/Hindu allergy (I'm not assuming that you do in any way), nothing will satisfy you.

Excerpt:

He (Roy) has propounded the corporate philosophy of ‘Collective Materialism’, that advocates collective growth through collective sharing and caring. Roy promotes sports at international to regional level. The Sahara group is a sponsor of National Indian Cricket, Hockey Teams and has adopted 91 sportsmen belonging to the four Indian Olympic disciplines of Boxing, Wrestling, Archery, Shooting and Track & Field. The Group also organizes ‘Sahara India Sports Awards' to felicitate the achievement and efforts of Indian sportspersons in their respective fields and provide recognition to the upcoming young talents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subrata_Roy

shakibrulz
May 27, 2012, 04:10 AM
Yep. What's the big deal? They might be promoting their BD divisions anyways. Why should you care if it's Indian or Bangladeshi? The key is they are capable of funding BD cricket, which helps in their progress. That's all what fans should care about. If we're going to open the whole ethics can of worms, then you might as well not have any sponsors. From any country.

shakibrulz
May 27, 2012, 04:10 AM
Honestly, Dont like the Idea of Sahara Sponsoring Bangladesh Cricket. I would rather prefer someone to sponsor from bangladesh.
Like who? Amanat Shah lungi?

mar umpire
May 27, 2012, 04:19 AM
lol Lungis are the rage right now
but i'm alright with SAHARA, Gobi, Kalahari etc as long as it pumps cash into our system that will always have leaks

But I would request Mr Roy to also make more benches at the grounds for our players to warm occasionally and peerhaps more signed bibs
that is all

Sohel
May 27, 2012, 04:19 AM
Yep. What's the big deal? They might be promoting their BD divisions anyways. Why should you care if it's Indian or Bangladeshi? The key is they are capable of funding BD cricket, which helps in their progress. That's all what fans should care about. If we're going to open the whole ethics can of worms, then you might as well not have any sponsors. From any country.

ESPECIALLY Bangladesh.

fuadomar
May 27, 2012, 07:11 AM
The link in post #10 can get you started. Also Google is your friend and Sahara Parivar is one of the largest and most transparent companies in the world. Loads of material there to answer your questions there. Then again, if you have an utterly irrational but deeply embedded India/Hindu allergy (I'm not assuming that you do in any way), nothing will satisfy you.

Excerpt:
Did any part of my original post pointed to or even gave a notion to India/Hindu allergy? I was wondering what made you to come up with that. I also know about GOOGLE, I just wanted to hear from an Indian origin.

I personally support a foreign sponsor like SAHARA as our sponsor because they have the capability of sponsoring more than local company and in that way we would have an inward remittance.

Sohel
May 27, 2012, 07:15 AM
Did any part of my original post pointed to or even gave a notion to India/Hindu allergy? I was wondering what made you to come up with that. I also know about GOOGLE, I just wanted to hear from an Indian origin.

I personally support a foreign sponsor like SAHARA as our sponsor because they have the capability of sponsoring more than local company and in that way we would have an inward remittance.

No offense intended. That's why I said that I'm not assuming that about you in any way. I wrote what I did because there are posters like that in this Forum. Some of them quite openly use pejoratives like "Mallu" in their profile pages, obsess over bearded players no matter how crappy they are, and deliberately avoid supporting Hindu players irrespective of good ability. The double standard is pretty obvious in those guys, not in you particularly.

Personally, I am proud of a Bangladeshi-Indian like Mr. Roy and am deeply touched by his love of our country.

Equinox
May 27, 2012, 07:57 AM
^While I welcome the move as well as the prospective investment from Sahara I wouldn't go overboard and call him a Bangladeshi-Indian. Isn't it interesting that he chose to realise his 'love' for Bangladesh now? Let's see it for what it is.

prasad
May 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
I really cant understand what the fuss is all about....The relatiosn between Ind and BD has been quite good compared to few of it notorious neighbours..Its obvious that Mr Roy wont be using the SAHARA India or its tiranga logo on BD jerseys..there is also a bengali angle to it..I think BD should give it a go.

I can understand the issues if some PAK company sponsored BD team but an Indian company..hmm

raad007
May 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
I think the notorious neighbours are India not other countries. They have not even invited us to play there and keeps on killing people on border. They already are building a city in our own country. Because of BD politics our cricket is being ruined.

PoorFan
May 27, 2012, 10:41 AM
I think the notorious neighbours are India not other countries. They have not even invited us to play there and keeps on killing people on border. They already are building a city in our own country. Because of BD politics our cricket is being ruined.
What has Shahara got to do with NOT inviting BD for playing cricket in India? and kiling people on border? Why you are mixing up politics if not hatred, with a business approach?

rinathq
May 27, 2012, 10:44 AM
No problem with Sahara as they are a wealthy company. But my question is, where are the big names from Bangladesh? I am thinking Destiny Group, Habib group, Banglalink, Beximco, Square, BRAC Bank, Dhaka Bank, Eastern, Walton.....

None of them are interested in sponsoring BD cricket? Why?

PoorFan
May 27, 2012, 10:54 AM
No problem with Sahara as they are a wealthy company. But my question is, where are the big names from Bangladesh? I am thinking Destiny Group, Habib group, Banglalink, Beximco, Square, BRAC Bank, Dhaka Bank, Eastern, Walton.....

None of them are interested in sponsoring BD cricket? Why?
One reason could be ... they are ALREADY established in Bangladesh, some of them even already sponsored BD National team or BD cricket someway. Obviously, Its all about business policy and marketing of a company.

raad007
May 27, 2012, 11:01 AM
Business approach? They are taking our country from us. If you lived in Bangladesh right now you would've seen what is happening. It is politics.

PoorFan
May 27, 2012, 11:19 AM
Business approach? They are taking our country from us. If you lived in Bangladesh right now you would've seen what is happening. It is politics.
Taking our country from us? Do BC a favor, do whatever 'politics' you can somewhere else. I think you have made your whatever point enough on the TOPIC in this thread, more you talk more it sounds ridiculous, Seriously!

TigerEz
May 27, 2012, 12:27 PM
i say let sahara do watever he wants

Yameen
May 27, 2012, 04:54 PM
Reading through some of the comments by the xenophobic BC users who fear being swallowed up by India has really got me in stitches..keep it up guys, really perked up my Sunday evening

roman
May 27, 2012, 06:25 PM

If you don't mind could you please explain how Sahara is taking our country away from us?
This is a serious allegation and I am very interested to know why you think so..

Sohel
May 27, 2012, 11:20 PM
^While I welcome the move as well as the prospective investment from Sahara I wouldn't go overboard and call him a Bangladeshi-Indian. Isn't it interesting that he chose to realise his 'love' for Bangladesh now? Let's see it for what it is.

We're going to have to disagree here bro. Any foreign national with Bangladeshi roots deserves the tag of Bangladeshi-whatever that nationality is, at least in my book. Once they acknowledge the connection and express a desire to nurture those roots, the way Mr. Roy has, the tag becomes even more meaningful.

Also, I've met him and he appeared totally genuine to me. I have no reason to believe that he doesn't share a deep love of Bangladesh with us and again as my own direct experience goes, many Indians with roots in our country.

Bangladesh, because of our endemic corruption and political vindictiveness, is not the best place to make any substantial land deal, let alone deals the size of Sahara's. I firmly believe that love of Bangladesh, rather than profiteering, inspired him to take the risk here. People invest when they think that the combination of capital and time is right for investment, especially related to business expansion. I honestly don't get what you mean by the "Isn't it interesting" comment. What does realization of love have anything to with investing billions here? I guess if those who haven't invested here don't realize their "love of Bangladesh" then? Doesn't make much sense to me.

He has announced that he'll offer studio apartments for as low as BDT 500,000 in many of his housing projects when he doesn't need to go that low in the current market. You gotta pay at least BDT 2 million for for such spaces even in small, semi-rural towns in other divisions! Yet he feels he must because he believes in inclusion and empowerment of those in the fringes, and common prosperity for as many people as possible wherever he does business. He has established that all over India.

That being said, he's a wise business strategist who has built success out of learning from experiences, both good and bad. He knows exactly what it takes to succeed here and has taken up the challenge nonetheless. Kudos to him for that. I absolutely don't share your cynicism about Mr. Roy and what Sahara is doing here.

FaHiMa
May 28, 2012, 12:04 AM
^ thank you for that post :applause:

max410
May 28, 2012, 12:49 AM
long time back there was an emperor name nabab sirajuddoula! during his time a corporate foreign company name "east india company" got permission to do business in his territory! but that company was capturing local area n increasing colony n they refused to pay tax to the emperor! the emperor got so angry that he declared war! but he lost the war coz of some traitors of his own ministry panel! he lost the war n soon afterward the throne! n that company ruled n expanded their territory for next 100 years n hand over the power to british empire! all these time mass ppl of the territory was just silent watchers n slaves!

in present day a corporate company "sahara" entired in hasina's imperial territory! she has a bunch of traitors like gawhar rizvi n others! and there r 200 million silent watchers!

the moral: if ppl dont learn from history history repeats by itself! so get ready to embrace slavery otherwise RISE> STAND UP> FIGHT......... if motherland is under attack, no one is safe.... nobody!

Zunaid
May 28, 2012, 01:06 AM
Jesus H. Christ. The birthers are here too!

How is the analogy relevant? Why do you think Sahara has hegemonic desires on Bangladesh? Why them and not, say, Unilever, or Philips, or BAT?

Naimul_Hd
May 28, 2012, 01:23 AM
long time back there was an emperor name nabab sirajuddoula! during his time a corporate foreign company name "east india company" got permission to do business in his territory! but that company was capturing local area n increasing colony n they refused to pay tax to the emperor! the emperor got so angry that he declared war! but he lost the war coz of some traitors of his own ministry panel! he lost the war n soon afterward the throne! n that company ruled n expanded their territory for next 100 years n hand over the power to british empire! all these time mass ppl of the territory was just silent watchers n slaves!

in present day a corporate company "sahara" entired in hasina's imperial territory! she has a bunch of traitors like gawhar rizvi n others! and there r 200 million silent watchers!

the moral: if ppl dont learn from history history repeats by itself! so get ready to embrace slavery otherwise RISE> STAND UP> FIGHT......... if motherland is under attack, no one is safe.... nobody!

:floor::floor::floor::floor:

thanks bhai, onek din por ekta bhalo lekha porlam ar mon khule hashlam. apni kintu screen writer hole jiboney onek shine korben.

BengaliPagol
May 28, 2012, 03:22 AM
LOL @ people thinking that India is taking over Bangladesh and that we are under attack.

shakibrulz
May 28, 2012, 03:56 AM
:floor: :floor:

I seriously hope that was a satire though.

Sohel
May 28, 2012, 04:11 AM
Max410 is as entitled to his post, hatred and paranoia as we are of our responses to that pathology. I kind of appreciate the fact that he has come out and just said what some disturbed souls feel in this country about "Mallus" (who cannot be trusted because of their genetic propensity for selling out to India, no need to back up sectarianism with either substance or reason) and by extension about India. But here's something to consider:

A Nawab is not an "Emperor". The cavalier and embarrassing conflation is however an accurate expression of the overall substantive quality of his post. The Nawab of the Subah of Bengal was in fact a taxpaying Governor of the Mughals who took our independence from us with the final defeat of the Baro Bhuyians in the late 1500s. That independence was fought for and recovered in 1971 not from Indians, but "fellow" Muslim countrymen, both Bangali and Non Bangali, who exploited us for their own benefit, and later murdered, tortured, raped and exiled our people in the name of "unity of the Muslim Umma against Indian conspiracy". Sadly they and their misguided children are still here and resent the overwhelming majority of our people who don't buy into their vitriolic evil. Hence the belief in extra-electoral fantasies to lord over us "for our own good". They (from BAKSAL through Zia & Ershad to 1/11 CTG), the real enemies of our sovereignty as free citizens of an independent nation, have not succeeded beyond Ershad's 9 years, and never will InshAllah. Fair warning!

senman
May 28, 2012, 09:47 AM
I wish Sahara invest whatever it want to in India. I think its not the right time to invest such huge amounts if there is going to be backlash.

British east India company conquered Sub-Continent countries because there is no consensus among the rulers who ruled sub-continent, instead of forging alliances with their neighbors they invited foreigners to their own lands. Understand history first.

Kana-Baba
May 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
long time back there was an emperor name nabab sirajuddoula! During his time a corporate foreign company name "east india company" got permission to do business in his territory! But that company was capturing local area n increasing colony n they refused to pay tax to the emperor! The emperor got so angry that he declared war! But he lost the war coz of some traitors of his own ministry panel! He lost the war n soon afterward the throne! N that company ruled n expanded their territory for next 100 years n hand over the power to british empire! All these time mass ppl of the territory was just silent watchers n slaves!

In present day a corporate company "sahara" entired in hasina's imperial territory! She has a bunch of traitors like gawhar rizvi n others! And there r 200 million silent watchers!

The moral: If ppl dont learn from history history repeats by itself! So get ready to embrace slavery otherwise rise> stand up> fight......... If motherland is under attack, no one is safe.... Nobody!

অত্যন্ত জ্বালাময়ী পোস্ট; গায়ের রক্ত গরম করে দেওয়া টাইপ। তা ভাই, আপনি এখানে কি করছেন? পল্টনের ময়দানে চলে যান।

lamisa
May 29, 2012, 12:53 AM
DAFUQ?? juddho koi theke ashlo?

Sohel
May 29, 2012, 01:42 AM
I wish Sahara invest whatever it want to in India. I think its not the right time to invest such huge amounts if there is going to be backlash.

British east India company conquered Sub-Continent countries because there is no consensus among the rulers who ruled sub-continent, instead of forging alliances with their neighbors they invited foreigners to their own lands. Understand history first.

There won't be a backlash. These jingoists may be vocal but the loudness of the panoramic retardation in no way represents their support amongst the majority of Bangladeshis.

The real opposition would come from the strong local real estate lobby led by the Bashundhara and Jamuna Groups, and from corrupt BAL/BNP/JP/Razakar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razakars_(Bangladesh)) politicians on their payroll. Sahara's commitment to affordable housing radically alters the status quo in the market, and threatens those profiting from it.

Zeeshan
May 29, 2012, 01:44 AM
[বাংলা]ও ডক! "হেইচ"-টা কে? জেসাস "হেইচ" ক্রাইস্ট?[/বাংলা]

Sohel
May 29, 2012, 02:56 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_H._Christ

Google仍然是您的朋友 :)

Zunaid
May 29, 2012, 03:01 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_H._Christ

Google仍然是您的朋友 :)

Google gerçekten senin arkadaşın

nightwatchman
May 29, 2012, 09:58 AM
Jesus H. Christ. The birthers are here too!

How is the analogy relevant? Why do you think Sahara has hegemonic desires on Bangladesh? Why them and not, say, Unilever, or Philips, or BAT?
birthers are every where.... They do not have problem with White Multinationals like Naiko, Chevron or but problem with Hindu Indian Company
Sohel and zunaid bhai >>>
it is the trickle down Muslim league people's nati puti
and yes I am against all multinationals who bribe our Amalas, politicians and buddhijibis (Upudeshta for certain issues) and destroying our national interest

crikss
May 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
I hope Sahara sponsors BPL too

zinatf
May 29, 2012, 11:39 AM

American-ra to "eich" bole "heich" to bole Aussie-ra.....jototuku amar shimito gyan bole....emneteo "heich" bola/shona shojjo hoi na....

nightwatchman
May 29, 2012, 01:16 PM
American-ra to "eich" bole "heich" to bole Aussie-ra.....jototuku amar shimito gyan bole....emneteo "heich" bola/shona shojjo hoi na....
you are right

nahaz
May 29, 2012, 11:54 PM

Hahahahahahaha... Like someone else said, posts such as yours have made my day :)

All corporations are the same, as long as they actually pay the money and don't try to do the dodgy like the last (or current?) TV sponsor did by not paying out the contract.

Both him and his dad studied engineering,back in the days, so he would be a ,man with decent ethics. His company, according to Wiki, is the second largest employer in the second most populated country in the world.

Good luck to him. Hope we get lots in sponsorship money, and I hope it flows on to our essential cricket infrastructure and staffing.:flag:

AbuDarda
May 30, 2012, 07:14 AM
৯৪ লাখ ডলারে জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের স্পন্সর হচ্ছে সাহারা মাতৃভূমি
স্পেশাল করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম

ঢাকা: ৯৪ লাখ ডলারের বিনিময়ে চার বছরের জন্য জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের স্পন্সর হওয়ার প্রস্তাব দিয়েছে সাহারা মাতৃভূমি। এই বিশাল অংকে জাতীয় ক্রিকেট বোর্ডে দরপত্র জমা দিয়েছে প্রতিষ্ঠানটি।
বিসিবি জানিয়েছে এটিই সর্বোচ্চ দর, যা গৃহীত হতেযাচ্ছে।
উল্লেখ্য, গত ২৫ মে ভারতীয়সাহারা পরিবারের প্রধান সুব্রত রায় সাহারা তার ঢাকা সফরে সময় সাহারা মাতৃভূমি উন্নয়ন নামে একটি প্রকল্পের সূচনা করেন। এ সময়ই তিনি ক্রিকেটদলের টাইটেল স্পন্সর হওয়ার বিষয়ে তার আগ্রহের কথা জানিয়েছিলেন।
সাহারা মাতৃভূমি গ্রুপের প্রধান হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করছেন প্রধানমন্ত্রীশেখ হাসিনার পরিবারের সদস্য, আওয়ামী লীগ সাংসদ শেখ সেলিমের ছেলে শেখ ফাহিম।
Source: http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=a50f6e2de3a3b7ab77e56a2ed0081 356&nttl=30052012115322

MohammedC
May 30, 2012, 07:39 AM
If they pay the right price do I care. $2 million dollar a year 5 year contract (I must be dreaming) is what I will settle and I doubt anyone else will pay that much.

$9.4 million US Dollar. Thats $2.35 million per year more than what I said in my earlier post. So I was not dreaming.

hoodlum
May 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
[বাংলা]জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের স্পন্সর হতে আগ্রহ দেখিয়েছে সাহারা মাতৃভূমি। চার বছরের জন্য ৯৪ লাখ ডলার দিতে চেয়ে দরপত্রে অংশ নিয়েছে ভারতের আন্তর্জাতিক খ্যাতি সম্পন্ন এই প্রতিষ্ঠানটি।

জাতীয় দলের স্পন্সর চেয়ে অনেক আগে দরপত্র আহ্বান করে বিসিবি। ১৫ মে দরপত্রে অংশ নেওয়ার শেষ সময় ছিলো। কিন্তু গ্রামীণফোনের অনুরোধে ৩০ মে পর্যন্ত সময় বাড়িয়ে দেওয়া হয়। ২৫ মে সাহারা গ্রুপের কর্ণধার সুব্রত রায় সাহারা বাংলাদেশ সফরে এলে জাতীয় দলের স্পন্সর হওয়ার প্রস্তাব দেওয়া হয়। এই প্রস্তাবে রাজি হয়ে সাহারা মাতৃভূমি দরপত্রে অংশ নেয়।

তাদের প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বী ছিলো গ্রামীণফোন এবং রবি। এই দুই প্রতিষ্ঠানের চেয়ে অনেক বেশি অর্থে জাতীয় দলের স্পন্সর হওয়ার প্রস্তাব দেয় সাহারা। রবি ৪০ লাখ এবং গ্রামীণফোন ৩২ লাখ ডলারে চার বছরের জন্য স্পন্সর হতে দরপত্রে অংশ নেয়। বুধবার দরপত্র উন্মুক্ত করার পর সাহারা মাতৃভূমিকে নির্বাচন করে বিসিবি।

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল বিকেলে এক সংবাদ ব্রিফিংয়ে বলেন,‘সাহারা আন্তর্জাতিক খ্যাতি সম্পন্ন একটি প্রতিষ্ঠান। বিশ্বে তাদের সুনাম আছে। তাদের সম্পৃক্ততায় বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটও এগিয়ে যাবে।’

বিসিবি এখন স্পন্সর প্রস্তাবনা মূল্যায়ন করে চূড়ান্ত সিদ্ধান্ত নেবে। যদিও বিসিবির আগ্রহ এবং সভাপতি মোস্তফা কামালের কথাতে পরিষ্কার সাহারা মাতৃভূমিই হচ্ছে জাতীয় দলের স্পন্সর। এতে কোনো সন্দেহের অবকাশ নেই।

জাতীয় দল ছাড়াও বিসিবি একাডেমির স্পন্সর হতে আগ্রহ প্রকাশ করেছে সাহারা মাতৃভূমি। এজন্য বছরে এক লাখ ৩০ হাজার ডলার দেবে তারা।

জাতীয় দল এবং একাডেমিসহ মোট ১২টি বিষয়ের ওপর উন্মুক্ত দরপত্র আহ্বান করেছিলো বিসিবি। তারমধ্যে ১০টিতে দরপত্র পড়েছে বলে ব্রিফিংয়ে জানান বিসিবি সভাপতি। ১০টি স্পন্সর থেকে চার বছরে ১১০ কোটি টাকা আয়ের লক্ষ্যমাত্রা নির্ধারণ করা হয়েছে।

আট বছর পর এই প্রথম গ্রামীণফোন জাতীয় দলের স্পন্সর হতে পারছে না। প্রতি দুই বছর অন্তর অন্তর চার মেয়াদে জাতীয় দলের স্পন্সর হয়েছে গ্রামীণফোন। সর্বশেষ দুই বছরের জন্য ১০ কোটি টাকা দিয়েছে তারা। জিপি-বিসিবি একাডেমি ভবনের পাঁচ বছরের স্পন্সর ছিলো তারা। এজন্য প্রতিবছর দেড় লাখ ডলার বিসিবিকে দিয়েছে জিপি। তাদের চেয়ে ২০ হাজার ডলার কমে একাডেমির স্পন্সর হতে দরপত্রে অংশ নিয়েছে সাহারা মাতৃভূমি।

জাতীয় দলের স্পন্সর বেশি দামে বিক্রি হলে খেলা সম্প্রচার স্বত্ব অনেক বেশি মূল্যে বিক্রি করা সম্ভব হবে বলে জানান মোস্তফা কামাল। শিগগিরই খেলা সম্প্রচার স্বত্বের জন্য আন্তর্জাতিক দরপত্র আহ্বান করা হবে বলে ব্রিফিংয়ে জানানো হয়।

উল্লেখ্য, গত ২৫ মে ভারতের সাহারা পরিবারের প্রধান সুব্রত রায় সাহারা তার ঢাকা সফরের সময় সাহারা মাতৃভূমি উন্নয়ন নামে একটি প্রকল্পের সূচনা করেন। ওই সময় তিনি বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের স্পন্সর হওয়ার ব্যাপারে আগ্রহ প্রকাশ করেন।

সাহারা মাতৃভূমি গ্রুপের প্রধান হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করছেন প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনার পরিবারের সদস্য ও আওয়ামী লীগ সাংসদ শেখ সেলিমের ছেলে শেখ ফাহিম। [/বাংলা]

Source (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=a50f6e2de3a3b7ab77e56a2ed0081 356&nttl=30052012115322)

MarufH
May 30, 2012, 09:07 AM
Great news! If we are making the money, don't mind spending it after a good coach and good facilities. Go SAHARA!

mufi_02
May 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
GP offered $3.2 million and Robi offered $4 million. Then came Sahara who more than doubled the price and bid for $9.4 million and BCB happily took the deal.

Looks like our cricket is on a money making spree. Got huge money form WC, then BPL, and now sponsor and very soon the TV Rights. I won't be surprised if we become the 2nd richest board in few years.

MohammedC
May 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
জিপি-বিসিবি একাডেমি ভবনের পাঁচ বছরের স্পন্সর ছিলো তারা। এজন্য প্রতিবছর দেড় লাখ ডলার বিসিবিকে দিয়েছে জিপি। তাদের চেয়ে ২০ হাজার ডলার কমে একাডেমির স্পন্সর হতে দরপত্রে অংশ নিয়েছে সাহারা মাতৃভূমি।

Only don't like this part of the story.

mufi_02
May 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
[বাংলা]সাহারা মাতৃভূমি গ্রুপের প্রধান হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করছেন প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনার পরিবারের সদস্য ও আওয়ামী লীগ সাংসদ শেখ সেলিমের ছেলে শেখ ফাহিম।[/বাংলা]

I am not so happy about this. If BNP comes to power again, who knows what will happen.

nightwatchman
May 30, 2012, 09:28 AM
[বাংলা]সাহারা মাতৃভূমি গ্রুপের প্রধান হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করছেন প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনার পরিবারের সদস্য ও আওয়ামী লীগ সাংসদ শেখ সেলিমের ছেলে শেখ ফাহিম।[/বাংলা]

I am not so happy about this. If BNP comes to power again, who knows what will happen.
you know the answer...
V for vendetta for our two family politics...
Cold war is over but the polarization in BD hasn't stop.
India and Pakistan still play a huge role
(India's business and marketing interest and Pakistan's interest to make BD a failed state).<<<this is my opinion and do not want to start who is better or worse...
I am just worried that these two party system will push the country again towards military dictatorship....
I am happy BCB is getting the money but our cricket is not free from these politicians..
Hope they can hire Ian Pont and give him the money to create an academy and build our future....
what's the point of all these dollars when it is no use?

Rabz
May 30, 2012, 10:01 AM
Great news for the national team if the can secure the full amount of the proposed bid.

But can't get too excited without knowing the finer details of the terms and conditions.

beshideshi
May 30, 2012, 10:21 AM
It will be a great deal for our cricket. Many Bangladeshis have to come out of the idea of 'selling our cricket team to India", we are milking almost $10mill from them for 4 years, that is a massive deal for Bangladesh cricket.

This is professional sports kiddos, the highest bidders wins and BCB will look at the avenues that gives the maximum money. So, Sahara it is!

Tiger444
May 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
$9.4 million from Sahara? Wow! That's some serious money! Great news for our cricket.

hoodlum
May 30, 2012, 12:15 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/iba15s.jpg

Shaun petr
May 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
GP offered $3.2 million and Robi offered $4 million. Then came Sahara who more than doubled the price and bid for $9.4 million and BCB happily took the deal.

Looks like our cricket is on a money making spree. Got huge money form WC, then BPL, and now sponsor and very soon the TV Rights. I won't be surprised if we become the 2nd richest board in few years.
but We don't have any kit sponsor till now. We badly need one. Plz make some noise everyone.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Razi
May 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
So it's pretty much finalized that Sahara Matribhumi will be our sponsor for the next 4 years. Overall a very good day for BD Cricket off the field by getting a renowned coach and sponsor for record money.

senman
May 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
It seems they are also sponsoring BD National cricket academy don't know why? may be Mr.Roy is having a soft-corner for BD cricket.

The real question is will this deal hold-out if opposition party wins the election next time?

Tiger444
May 30, 2012, 01:17 PM
but We don't have any kit sponsor till now. We badly need one. Plz make some noise everyone.

I really hope we can get Nike, Reebok, Adidas or Puma rather then sticking with Bata again.

Beduin
May 30, 2012, 02:09 PM
DHAKA: Business giant Sahara Group is set to become the new sponsor of the Bangladesh cricket team after offering $9.4 million over four years in a tender process that ended on Wednesday, officials said.

"We are delighted to announce that Sahara has appeared the highest bidder to become new sponsor of our national team," Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president AHM Mustafa Kamal told reporters.

"They have offered $9.4 million for four years. We will soon formally announce them as our sponsor," said Kamal, without giving any further details.

Officials said Sahara offered more than double their nearest rivals Robi Axiata Ltd - a joint venture between Malaysia mobile phone operator Axiata Group and Japan's leading mobile phone service provider NTT Docomo Inc - which offered $4.28 million.

Bangladesh's top mobile phone operator Grameenphone, the team's previous sponsor and the only other bidder, offered $3.2 million, said the officials.

Grameenphone paid the BCB 100 million Bangladesh takas ($1.22 million) for a two-year deal, which expired in December 2011.

Sahara, which also sponsors India's national cricket team, recently entered the Bangladesh market through its subsidiary Sahara Matribhumi Unnayan Corporation Ltd.

The company said it has a primary investment plan of about $120 million for a township-housing scheme near the capital Dhaka.

Sahara, which sponsors India's men's and women's hockey teams, was co-sponsor of the 2010 Commonwealth Games held in Delhi.
:wave:

cricket_pagol
May 30, 2012, 03:18 PM
Sahara is buying a lot of goodwill with this, they want to be a major player in Bangladesh. I think it is a win-win.

crikss
May 30, 2012, 06:06 PM
It seems they are also sponsoring BD National cricket academy don't know why? may be Mr.Roy is having a soft-corner for BD cricket.

The real question is will this deal hold-out if opposition party wins the election next time?

Money talks everywhere..Just need to make sure Khaleda Zia (next PM) both sons are happy

kalpurush
May 30, 2012, 07:23 PM
Sahara is buying a lot of goodwill with this, they want to be a major player in Bangladesh. I think it is a win-win.
Win-win only then if BCB and Bangladesh govt uses the money wisely to improve cricket infrastructurers... :)

TigerEz
May 30, 2012, 07:29 PM
get the feeling that something is gonna go wrong later on and we gonna be in serious trouble.

Boomerang
May 30, 2012, 08:31 PM
So both india and us having the same sponsor. sick of seeing its name in indian jersey for ages now i have to bear this. however interesting to know how some of the cr@p indian fans will react to this and might say you are getting money to eat rice from our company and dreaming to bang us. lolz

Maysun
May 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
Win-win only then if BCB and Bangladesh govt uses the money wisely to improve cricket infrastructurers... :)

this :up:

Ace of BD
May 31, 2012, 03:23 AM
please use this money to also increase our capacity of SBNS

zinatf
May 31, 2012, 04:00 AM
So it's fixed? Amazing! Couldn't be happier...new coach...new sponsor and new form of BD cricket as evidenced in Asia Cup....can't get any better :)

riankhan
May 31, 2012, 05:39 AM
...Amazing! Couldn't be happier...new coach...new sponsor ...can't get any better :)

(cont.).. new field, new players, new president (BCB), new BCites, new wife, new post on Ash thread... can't get any better :)

Nadim
May 31, 2012, 05:47 AM
(cont.).. new field, new players, new president (BCB), new BCites, new wife, new post on Ash thread... can't get any better :)
New wife? Hmmnn:waiting:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

riankhan
May 31, 2012, 06:35 AM
No no Nadim bhai, I'm still single. I was just... a bit carried away ;)

hoodlum
May 31, 2012, 08:28 AM
Things looking good for Bangladesh cricket as of now...

simon
May 31, 2012, 09:42 AM
ei Sahara eto beshi taka dhalchey keno? amar boddo dushchinta hochchey go!
amar mon bolchey "daal meye kuch kala hay" oboshsho eto taka diley kala daal bhi forsha lagta hay.
but seriously,my 12th sense is sensing something fishy. :umm:

Bonglababu
May 31, 2012, 09:54 AM
apni ja bolechen moshai. amio tai bhabchilum. :umm:
ei Sahara eto beshi taka dhalchey keno? amar boddo dushchinta hochchey go!
amar mon bolchey "daal meye kuch kala hay" oboshsho eto taka diley kala daal bhi forsha lagta hay.
but seriously,my 12th sense is sensing something fishy. :umm:

Purbasha T
May 31, 2012, 10:38 AM
Bangali manush, fish-er gondho shob kisutei paben.. etate oto chintar kisu nai.

Jadukor
May 31, 2012, 11:27 PM
BPL er taka ar sponsorship er taka diye valo kichu kora dorkar rather than increasing salaries and luxuries of the administration and players.
We need the money to flow into:
1. Academy facilities, perhaps hire more international coaches
2. FC facilities (improved pitches, stadiums, indoor facilities, training for local coaches)
3. Age level cricket (Coaches and supporting staff)
4. Subsidies to clubs so that the premier league can improve it's standards and be more competitive
5. Organizing more 'A' Team tours to bouncy conditions

S.Ontique
June 1, 2012, 04:28 PM
According to Our BCB president Kamal uncle,BCB will soon have almost 500 crore in their treasury. I just hope they are used for the right causes. I don't have a particular problem with the source.Grameenphone and ROBI are not Bangladeshi companies either.So I find it rather funny the way some people are saying that our team is sold to the Indians.I agree with "Jadukor".
The first priority should be getting more practice facilities,Create some good wickets,Make more cricket academies so that more emerging players can be accommodated and most importantly redesign our first class cricket.

mali007
June 1, 2012, 05:07 PM
Its a good news for BD Cricket . Sahara group originally from Munshiganj . Its deep rooted relation !!

riankhan
June 2, 2012, 12:18 AM
Hmm... My district-man :)

kalpurush
June 2, 2012, 04:47 AM
According to Our BCB president Kamal uncle,BCB will soon have almost 500 crore in their treasury. I just hope they are used for the right causes. I don't have a particular problem with the source.Grameenphone and ROBI are not Bangladeshi companies either.So I find it rather funny the way some people are saying that our team is sold to the Indians.I agree with "Jadukor".
The first priority should be getting more practice facilities,Create some good wickets,Make more cricket academies so that more emerging players can be accommodated and most importantly redesign our first class cricket.
Yes, really funny how we fans act differently!

I don't see why Sahara can't be a sponsor of BCB? As long as Sahara pays to BCB, unlike Nibus (which won't happen this time IMHO), why we should be worried??

Now, for your second part, we need a visionary, like Saber bhai who could see the future, who might wanted to improve the cricket infrastructures using the money accordingly.

I do NOT see any hope when the likes of Tutul and Co. in power though.

kalpurush
June 2, 2012, 04:51 AM

New wife? Hmmnn:waiting:

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Congrats Khan shaheb! :up::applause:

Nadim
June 2, 2012, 05:21 AM
Hmm... My district-man :)

Me too khan bhai:)

Abid_Khan
June 2, 2012, 05:54 AM
yay we'll get a new jersey

firstlane
June 2, 2012, 09:23 AM
According to Our BCB president Kamal uncle,BCB will soon have almost 500 crore in their treasury.
But BCB couldn't spend $30,000 to send the squad to Zimbabwe few days earlier, couldn't afford to send the squad for a 3 weeks camp in Melbourne when Law asked. I hope Pybus comes up with a proposal to hold a conditional camp/practice games in SA once a year for few weeks and make BCB agree to that. The state of our domestic cricket will always be like our democracy nevertheless.

cricheart
June 2, 2012, 09:30 AM
"500 crore in their treasury"(popped eye).. err.. umm... kinda lot of fund for a board like BCB and corruption flows nearly every artery & vain in BD; smiling politicians and corresponding interested patries should already start thinking how to spend those :drool:. Board was never ever so rich like this before, I must say Kamal helped build this fund so far, wont let others to spend it so easily. I'm expecting serious compitition in next BCB election coming; who wouldnt like to invest on a discovered gold mine like this!
Sahara is a smart party, I'm sure they will keep enough collaboration & control with this BCB investment, unlike treating as donation/bribe, I fervently wish & hope they shall make sure their money is getting utilized for the betterment of BC.

I'll keep willing best wishes for BC.

MSM B2C
June 2, 2012, 09:54 AM
So All Bangladeshi Fans! Our Dream of beating India will come to a end with this Deal?

I honestly belive, there is something that is not right. And The way we play against India, with our heart and soul to win mentality will go... why? I don't know... but its something not nice.

Naimul_Hd
June 2, 2012, 10:40 AM
So All Bangladeshi Fans! Our Dream of beating India will come to a end with this Deal?

I honestly belive, there is something that is not right. And The way we play against India, with our heart and soul to win mentality will go... why? I don't know... but its something not nice.

you okay brother ? Don't get too disheartened seeing Indian company sponsoring us. If you feel ashamed and insecured and have doubt on our boys effort then i request you not to follow tigers and infect us with your negative mentality chitchat. No offense, just a friendly advice.

Suddenly i am getting a strange kind of vibe which was not present earlier, someone hate himself being Bangladeshi, someone is questioning our boy's effort just because an Indian company has showed interest to sponsor our team, someone prefers IPL, county over Country what not.

riankhan
June 2, 2012, 12:30 PM
Congrats Khan shaheb! :up::applause:

Not yet KP bhai, but soon to be :blush:

Saifulsohel
June 2, 2012, 01:11 PM

aijonnoi bangalir unnoti nai.1 degree besi buji.

cricket_fanatic
June 3, 2012, 02:59 AM
It's nice to hear about the Sahara group coming aboard. However, I hope BCB has learnt a lesson from the Nimbus saga and will have the contract for the deal reviewed by appropriate lawyers prior to signing so that if at some point, the deal does go pear shaped (God forbid), at least BCB will get paid its dues. Anyone know if BCB has a legal councel?

riankhan
June 3, 2012, 03:40 AM
Me too khan bhai:)

All the successful men are (hehe)

Sohel
June 3, 2012, 04:32 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/iba15s.jpg

Could they not have done better with the Bangla calligraphy FGS??? Charukaular polapain na khaya thaika akaimma slogan likhte baddho hauy, ar Saharar moto protishthan ei kutshit lekha/font byabohar kaure :facepalm:

S.Ontique
June 3, 2012, 01:59 PM
Now, for your second part, we need a visionary, like Saber bhai who could see the future, who might wanted to improve the cricket infrastructures using the money accordingly.

I do NOT see any hope when the likes of Tutul and Co. in power though.

Couldn't agree more...Saber Hossain was the best man for this job who was really passionate about our cricket and also had a vision..I am just worried about what the "Hyenas" in BCB will do with that huge amount of money.

KaaL-PurusH
June 4, 2012, 03:20 PM

boys...put ur effort after how can we stop those money from going to corrupted officials instead...that will immensely help..

KaaL-PurusH
June 4, 2012, 03:23 PM
yay we'll get a new jersey

from some bollywood designer??? :floor:

MSM B2C
June 4, 2012, 04:02 PM
from some bollywood designer??? :floor:

with a indian flag on the top of bangladesh:floor: flag

KaaL-PurusH
June 4, 2012, 11:16 PM
with a indian flag on the top of bangladesh:floor: flag

Mate u can't change the fact that ppl in our country are fanatic supporter of India & Pakistan as long as cricket and entertainments are concern. Did u see how people cheer up India & Pakistan in Asia cup.

Jadukor
June 4, 2012, 11:55 PM
Guys let's try to think positively and logically by putting aside all our preconceived biases towards other countries. Sahara bid 3 times as much compared to our last sponsor Grameen Phone. This indicates there is a growing market value for our team which could have only happened through our performance. The fact that an international company bid for sponsorship for our team should be seen as a sign of progress and also a huge opportunity to attract sufficient resources for cricket development. Our players are still the same... Shakib Tamim Mushfiq won't turn into Indians over this sponsorship deal neither would they turn Finnish if Nokia sponsors us in the future.

F6_Turbo
June 5, 2012, 12:35 AM
:lol:

And to think people said I was being reactionary when I said, we needed a proper vetting system before allowing people to procreate in this country.

1 quick way of being disqualified - answering yes to "Desh ki bikri hoye jaache?"

Night_wolf
June 5, 2012, 12:36 AM
i hope this wont turn like nimbus

Sohel
June 5, 2012, 12:56 AM
The idea that we'll somehow have the Indian teranga integrated into into our national kit is asinine and absurd. Surely there are far better ways to peddle xenophobic fear and forward the sectarian agenda in the process.

crikss
June 5, 2012, 03:47 AM
How can some people even think Sahara will use Indian flag in our Jersey

Navo
June 5, 2012, 06:38 AM
This is laughable, desh bikri hoye jacche for 14 million dollars?! Do you know what else, Sahara owns? The historic Grosvenor House in Mayfair, London. Subrata Roy bought it for 470 million pounds and converted it into a luxury hotel. Does that mean England bikri hoyei geche?

Kohli_Sox
June 5, 2012, 06:45 AM
Dying to see the new jersey

zinatf
June 5, 2012, 06:52 AM
i hope this wont turn like nimbus

Sahara is too big to even consider doing it!

PoorFan
June 5, 2012, 07:44 AM
The idea that we'll somehow have the Indian teranga integrated into into our national kit is asinine and absurd. Surely there are far better ways to peddle xenophobic fear and forward the sectarian agenda in the process.
Those people never rest, even an iota in peoples mind means their success.

cricheart
June 5, 2012, 08:07 AM
http://www.loomcrafts.com/PROJECTS/LIST%20OF%20CUSTOMERS/AAMBY%20VALLEY.jpg

IMO Those who fearing Indian teranga integratation wth BD nat kit, Sahara aint that fool to srir into those crap, where like any investor whould like to have at start is, goodwill. So far I found in most cases Ambyvalley sponsored many events with there upper tm logo. I hope that will groom our kit well, if they decide on it though.

Sohel
June 5, 2012, 09:19 AM
The logo's pretty cool (the flower graphics allude to the Arabic word for GOD) but I feel our would-be colonizers missed an opportunity here. They should change:

1) the name to "Al Ambiah Khilafat Valley" with a Pakistani style "Chand-Tara" on top.

2) the slogan below to "An Our-Kind-of-Muslims Only Gated Community".

Then everyone in the company would have to "revert", grow a beard or don a niqab, and demand South Asian reunification under Pakistan-Saudi-Taliban "guidance". If they don't, they would be exiled, tortured, raped and killed by the children of GOD's deputies from 1971.

mufi_02
June 5, 2012, 09:39 AM
^^ Good sarcasm. Its true that in BD you are either Pro-Indian or Pro-Pakistani. If you are for one than its granted you hate the other. I am pro-economic growth. If we have to be pro-China for that matter then so be it.

On topic - this logo is not finalized yet. They might use the matribhumi one as well. But its just a logo. As long as its sleek, I don't have any problem with that. Sahara won't be that fool to put an Indian flag in it.

simon
June 5, 2012, 10:02 AM
eto analysis bujhi na.
agey kaam shuru koruk, result dekhi,tarpor bolbo good or bad.:waiting:

PoorFan
June 5, 2012, 12:10 PM
The logo's pretty cool (the flower graphics allude to the Arabic word for GOD) but I feel our would-be colonizers missed an opportunity here. They should change:

1) the name to "Al Ambiah Khilafat Valley" with a Pakistani style "Chand-Tara" on top.

Then everyone in the company would have to "revert", grow a beard or don a niqab, and demand South Asian reunification under Pakistan-Saudi-Taliban "guidance". If they don't, they would be exiled, tortured, raped and killed by the children of GOD's deputies from 1971.
Sarcasm allright, but arnt we going bit overboard here? Something got you switched on today I guess?:)

MarufH
June 5, 2012, 12:20 PM
Can someone please explain how does the whole sponsorship work? Is it just they give a team money to have their name associated with the team or do they make any money out of it?

Boomerang
June 5, 2012, 12:45 PM
We people in bangladesh i guess around 90% who have dish connections do watch hindi daily soaps, in process we see so much of indian adds that we psycologically biased to their products, even buy clothes named after indian heriones. not to mention the fascination over hindi songs and movies. so why double standard. even after the border killing, using our land in the name of transit or whatever, and openly monitoring our politics and guiding it in their favour. could we ban/halt their invasion or their products in our society or personally. its naturally quite tough since we are surrounded. hope shahara is loyal as they speak. so are we in utilizing the resources we get from them. we have earned their contract by our performance. atleast here we won over india. no offence in particular to indian frnds.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

nightwatchman
June 5, 2012, 02:34 PM

or Humayan Azad ...classic

Hasan2k8
June 7, 2012, 08:40 AM
Good news for BD cricket. Hope Bcb uses the PAISA well for improvement of BD cricket not just in the CAPITAL! But also other cities/districts of BD!! Sylhet, Moulibazar and other places in BD desperately needs cricket facilities, opportunities etc otherwise cricket will die out in some these places! I have just come back from BD recently ( went after 9years, loved it so much :), stayed there for close to 5 months), and seen alot people, kids love playing football, football mad in sylhet, there isn't any much cricket opportunity in those places and people dont bother with cricket much but for football, they play a lot football in Greater Sylhet than cricket!

BengaliPagol
June 7, 2012, 09:57 AM
i wonder where exactly on the jersey they are going to put the logo.

zinatf
June 7, 2012, 10:14 AM
^Jersey ta ber koruk...tokhon nahoi dekhe niyen :)

TigerEz
June 7, 2012, 11:52 AM
i wonder where exactly on the jersey they are going to put the logo.

in the pelvis area :lol::floor:

Equinox
June 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
The new training kit with the Sahara logo:

https://p.twimg.com/AvMDg-jCQAEv4Vo.jpg

Purbasha T
June 12, 2012, 09:56 AM
Keno jani mone gattheche na :-|

MSM B2C
June 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ someone please say our green jersey will remain and not this new one?^^^^^^^^^

HereWeGo
June 12, 2012, 10:08 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^ someone please say our green jersey will remain and not this new one?^^^^^^^^^

Its a training kit!!!

I much prefer blue as the color of choice for our training kits than yellow..

Zunaid
June 12, 2012, 10:08 AM

A lot of the past training kits had been blue, eg sponsored by Beximco/GrameenPhone.

HereWeGo
June 12, 2012, 10:12 AM
This is laughable, desh bikri hoye jacche for 14 million dollars?! Do you know what else, Sahara owns? The historic Grosvenor House in Mayfair, London. Subrata Roy bought it for 470 million pounds and converted it into a luxury hotel. Does that mean England bikri hoyei geche?

:floor: good one bro...

Zunaid
June 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=33251

AbuDarda
June 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
Training kit with sahara's logo purai indiar jersey r moto lagse!

Maysun
June 12, 2012, 10:48 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/206180_10150967745487661_1687995512_n.jpg

courtesy: Tamim Iqbal Facebook

BANFAN
June 12, 2012, 12:18 PM

You mean... Green...? How about a crescent and star??

But I think we will have it with a red and green combo...

Razi
June 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Bangladesh-Cricket-Team-1206121020120612205313.jpg
https://p.twimg.com/AvMZ4w0CMAMRRAy.jpg:large
https://p.twimg.com/AvMDg-jCQAEv4Vo.jpg:large
https://p.twimg.com/AvMbdl7CIAEjrwi.jpg:large
https://p.twimg.com/AvMa-JYCQAAsMgZ.jpg:large
https://p.twimg.com/AvMic1JCAAQKdjW.jpg:large
https://p.twimg.com/AvMasygCQAAJJVo.jpg:large
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Bangladesh-Cricket-Team-120612-0620120612205116.jpg

Zeeshan
June 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
lotus uncle ki street magic dekache naki raji?

firstlane
June 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
lotus uncle ki street magic dekache naki raji?

kaalo ball koto druto shada kora jai sheta shikhassen!

jamal451230
June 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
Looks lotus kamal is really care about bangladesh than any other person

zinatf
June 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
To be honest, I like the new uniform....probably one of the best

Ajfar
June 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
To be honest, I like the new uniform....probably one of the best

This is just a training kit, not the uniform. This is just a little brighter blue than the NEWAY training kit. I like this one better, the other one looked like it said 'anyway'.

Zunaid
June 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
This is just a training kit, not the uniform. This is just a little brighter blue than the NEWAY training kit. I like this one better, the other one looked like it said 'anyway'.

The Beximco blue was pretty spiffy too.

http://www.thenational.ae/deployedfiles/Assets/Richmedia/Image/Bangladesh.jpg

zinatf
June 12, 2012, 09:47 PM

Eki kotha...:-p

The Beximco blue was pretty spiffy too.

The Beximco one is definitely the best one so far...

TigerEz
June 12, 2012, 09:49 PM
why is our training jerseys blue? is it suppose represent the sweat that comes out of our players in the training sessions?E-)

Sohel
June 12, 2012, 09:55 PM
This blue thang must be integral to the greater Indian conspiracy to enslave us and eventually the Ummah. Once we dig a little deeper, we see that Telenor-Grameen, Beximco and Neway are all RAW/CIA/MOSSAD proxies out to get the Muslims staring with Bangladesh.

Zunaid
June 12, 2012, 10:06 PM
This blue thang must be integral to the greater Indian conspiracy to enslave us and eventually the Ummah. Once we dig a little deeper, we see that Telenor-Grameen, Beximco and Neway are all RAW/CIA/MOSSAD proxies out to get the Muslims staring with Bangladesh.

Damn you for revealing my evil designs.

Sohel
June 12, 2012, 10:17 PM
Damn you for revealing my evil designs.

The Dark Lord revealeth himself in his own time, we are nothing but instruments of his will.

al Furqaan
June 12, 2012, 10:55 PM

Now that you mention the Mossad angle it makes perfect sense. Why its blue and why that shade of blue.

http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/ISRA0001.GIF

Look familiar anyone? Where have I seen that shade of blue on the Tigers training kits before??? Oh yes, now I remember...its on their training kits!

Those two blue lines on the flag...thats the Euphrates and the Nile...and the name "Sahara" why that is all of North Africa from the Maghreb to the Pyramids of Giza and down to the Sudan!

It all starts with the Tigers!

[/stops poking fun at conspiracy theorists and anti-theorists alike]

Sohel
June 12, 2012, 11:01 PM
^That's right. One cannot overemphasize the fact that it's staring with the training kits. We must train first to serve the Elders of Zion.

al Furqaan
June 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
^That's right. One cannot overemphasize the fact that it's staring with the training kits. We must train to serve the Elders of Zion first.

Haha, having recently moved (temporarily) to New York, lets just try to get equal control over NYC first!

Sohel
June 12, 2012, 11:26 PM
Haha, having recently moved (temporarily) to New York, lets just try to get equal control over NYC first!

Being US-born, your training began from the moment you were born. Guys like me had to wait until we were 7 or so before walking into the British Council library in search of American comic books. That being said, my formal training began after moving to the US at age 12, but my parents prepared me well to serve the Great Satan by instilling anti-sectarian Sufi values during the Liberation War.

F6_Turbo
June 12, 2012, 11:39 PM

I find it admirable that you spend time on a fan forum sticking up for your dad. :up:

Sohel
June 12, 2012, 11:55 PM
^:floor:

firstlane
June 13, 2012, 02:42 AM
I find it admirable that you spend time on a fan forum sticking up for your dad. :up:

I thought he was Lota's famous nephew who didn't want Ashraful in the team. I always wondered if he was the one who Ash gave a late-upper cut outside SBNS.

zinatf
June 13, 2012, 03:34 AM

Now that you mention the Mossad angle it makes perfect sense. Why its blue and why that shade of blue.

http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/ISRA0001.GIF

Look familiar anyone? Where have I seen that shade of blue on the Tigers training kits before??? Oh yes, now I remember...its on their training kits!

Those two blue lines on the flag...thats the Euphrates and the Nile...and the name "Sahara" why that is all of North Africa from the Maghreb to the Pyramids of Giza and down to the Sudan!

It all starts with the Tigers!

[/stops poking fun at conspiracy theorists and anti-theorists alike]

:floor: uff apnara je eigula koiththeika mathai anen :lol:

BengaliPagol
June 13, 2012, 04:48 AM
The Bangladeshi training kit look too similar to the Indian jersey. Just wondering how the actual Bangladeshi jersey will look like. It might look a bit strange seeing a SAHARA logo at the front of the Bangladesh jersey because we are too used to seeing the Sahara logo on the Indian jersey.

Isnaad
June 13, 2012, 05:00 AM
Hmm. Interesting...

Zunaid
June 13, 2012, 05:17 AM
Looks like the conspiracy theorists are collecting again. Need to turn on the light again.

Zunaid
June 13, 2012, 05:19 AM
The Bangladeshi training kit look too similar to the Indian jersey. Just wondering how the actual Bangladeshi jersey will look like. It might look a bit strange seeing a SAHARA logo at the front of the Bangladesh jersey because we are too used to seeing the Sahara logo on the Indian jersey.

I strongly recommend that you scroll back a page or two and read the discussion.

al Furqaan
June 13, 2012, 10:47 AM
Being US-born, your training began from the moment you were born. Guys like me had to wait until we were 7 or so before walking into the British Council library in search of American comic books. That being said, my formal training began after moving to the US at age 12, but my parents prepared me well to serve the Great Satan by instilling anti-sectarian Sufi values during the Liberation War.

LOL...America is a great place to live, materialistically speaking. Its over-rated by its fans, and demonized by the haters. Then again, exploiting the world's poor is getting to my conscience, but not enough to up and move to Canada. Maybe someday...

HereWeGo
June 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
LOL...America is a great place to live, materialistically speaking. Its over-rated by its fans, and demonized by the haters. Then again, exploiting the world's poor is getting to my conscience, but not enough to up and move to Canada. Maybe someday...

Trigger happy bunch.. may be...
Exploiting the worlds poor, definately Not!! That title is reserved strictly for the middle eastern oil rich countries...

al Furqaan
June 13, 2012, 04:04 PM
Exploiting the worlds poor, definately Not!! That title is reserved strictly for the middle eastern oil rich countries...

That level of idiocy doesn't even deserve a response!

BANFAN
June 13, 2012, 08:41 PM

The difference Between ME & US in exploiting worlds poor is....

ME exploits some poor individuals
US exploits All poor countries..

The difference is Akash and Patal in volume... And yes as AF said.. ME does in a Crude/idiotic way and US ... You know it...coz when you understand it you are almost paralyzed...:)

HereWeGo
June 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
The difference Between ME & US in exploiting worlds poor is....

ME exploits some poor individuals
US exploits All poor countries..

The difference is Akash and Patal in volume... And yes as AF said.. ME does in a Crude/idiotic way and US ... You know it...coz when you understand it you are almost paralyzed...:)

Dont want to derail the thread...So I leave it for discussion on a separate thread sometime in future...

I really wanna see the actual game jersey!! Anyone got pics for those?

Maysun
June 14, 2012, 10:30 AM
From Facebook fan page

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/526802_477810492245636_2088332355_n.jpg

playmaker
June 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
doesnt look so bad, but the picture is obscure. Better to make judgement when we see them on the players

Equinox
June 14, 2012, 11:16 AM
Lawl. Anyways, I don't intend to derail the thread either but just had to express my amusement at this post.

playmaker
June 14, 2012, 11:22 AM

He cared about bangladesh cricket so much that he was and is still so willing to send our players to a war-torn country where professionals teams are a good target for terrorist to gain some attention and bring some disorder.

I thing the best thing he can do for bangladesh cricket is massage our players, our players needs regular massages. I hear that loitta is good at counting money = Good Fingers = High quality messages

MohammedC
June 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
From Facebook fan page

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/526802_477810492245636_2088332355_n.jpg

from another FB Fan page

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/550695_415980305113724_1909813698_n.jpg

Looks better. Contrast was too high on first picture.

TigerEz
June 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
thnx for a better picture MOC bhai

playmaker
June 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
damn, no Bangladeshi name on the jersey, for crying out loud playing with red green jersey doesnt directly show tht we are Bangladesh :facepalm:

Equinox
June 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
damn, no Bangladeshi name on the jersey, for crying out loud playing with red green jersey doesnt directly show tht we are Bangladesh :facepalm:
A lot of teams don't have the name of their country on their jerseys other then when playing in an ICC tournament. It's much classier anyways. As for recognition, I think the players wearing them are enough.

TigerEz
June 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
uhm.. the only other team that doesn't have their name on their jersey is Australia. They dont need their coutrys name on their jersey cuz we know who they are....look at their rankings and what they have done to other teams in the last 10 years! but us, what have we accomplished that we will have SAHARA written on our jersey but not BANGLADESH?

BANFAN
June 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
Brikkho Tomar Naam Ki?

Foley Poricoy.

Equinox
June 14, 2012, 12:54 PM
uhm.. the only other team that doesn't have their name on their jersey is Australia. They dont need their coutrys name on their jersey cuz we know who they are....look at their rankings and what they have done to other teams in the last 10 years! but us, what have we accomplished that we will have SAHARA written on our jersey but not BANGLADESH?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/142800/142802.jpg

TigerEz
June 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
ya and them too....

Dhakablues
June 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
What really surprises me is that how did we end up with this hue of green? The national flag isnt even this color or green. And even the crimson red became tomato red..Even Zimbabwe like country has Reebok producing their jersey with quality and ours are just low grade ones. I have few of the official BCB jerseys and can testify...

Maysun
June 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
Wish there were some design on the jersey, damn.. Curious how the trousers will look, I hope it's no where near the sweaty design or the current Pakistan trousers.

playmaker
June 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
I dont really see how the colour of the jersey have to exactly be like that of our flag. I remember the jersey we had in 2005 was one of those few that had similar colour to our flag

Dhakablues
June 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
They dont have to be our flag color, India, Sri Lanka, Australia dont have their jersey with their flag color but since we are using Green at our Jersey, I am assuming that its to reflect the flag color. I mean they can go all black and use green/red stripes ( gucci style) for that matter.. Nevertheless, as long as it looks elegant and attractive and not 'Khet' type, we are good.

Back to Sahara sponsoring it, I just wonder how we will look like when we play against India. Has there ever been one organization sponsoring multiple international side in Cricket?

TigerEz
June 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Im a big fan of having nice jerseys because it represents are country, us and the people, just like the flag. So BCB should use some brains and actually care about our jerseys and also get them made by Nike or Puma, as they're the best

mufi_02
June 14, 2012, 01:44 PM
Current jersey is average. Nothing extraordinary but not that ugly either.

One of the Best
http://www.acasports.co.uk/images/products/full/england-cricket-odi-2.jpg

One of the Worst
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JEMQICvFoBg/TarL0BZfsGI/AAAAAAAAAEc/G2H-w3MNIbc/s1600/Kochi-Tuskers-Kerala-jersey.jpg

uss01
June 14, 2012, 03:09 PM
And it will be a good revenue source for for nike, puma, etc as well as they can sell official jereseys to BD supporters around the world (not just in BD). North America alone (US and Canada) has thousands of BD supporters who will just gobble those jerseys up. Not to mention UK and Middle East.

Im a big fan of having nice jerseys because it represents are country, us and the people, just like the flag. So BCB should use some brains and actually care about our jerseys and also get them made by Nike or Puma, as they're the best

Shaun petr
June 14, 2012, 03:47 PM
And it will be a good revenue source for for nike, puma, etc as well as they can sell official jereseys to BD supporters around the world (not just in BD). North America alone (US and Canada) has thousands of BD supporters who will just gobble those jerseys up. Not to mention UK and Middle East.

guys plz make request to bcb to name Nike, adidas or good renowned kit supplier as our kit sponsor. Everyone send an email. Here's the address-

info@bcb-com.bd

office@bcb-cricket.com

TigerEz
June 14, 2012, 06:14 PM
@ uss01......... u read minds bro/sis??? ur awesome

TigerEz
June 14, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hello BCB, as a fan of Bangladesh Cricket i really want to see better jerseys being worn by our team to represent our country better. Also please get us a better kit sponsor to help make better jerseys as Nike, Adidas, Reebok or Puma. And it will be a good revenue source for for nike, puma, etc as well as they can sell official jereseys to BD supporters around the world (not just in BD). North America alone (US and Canada) has thousands of BD supporters who will just gobble those jerseys up. Not to mention UK and Middle East. So please accept this request from a die hard fan of Bangladesh cricket.

wtf??????? i cant send it to them.....their computers are probably crappy just like our jerseys.

jamal451230
June 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
He cared about bangladesh cricket so much that he was and is still so willing to send our players to a war-torn country where professionals teams are a good target for terrorist to gain some attention and bring some disorder.

I thing the best thing he can do for bangladesh cricket is massage our players, our players needs regular massages. I hear that loitta is good at counting money = Good Fingers = High quality messages

He is the only bcb president who always took picture before bd team departure , past bcb president they didnt even know when the team is leaving and when they coming bak , use your brain man and think and t than say something

Ajfar
June 14, 2012, 08:47 PM
He is the only bcb president who always took picture before bd team departure , past bcb president they didnt even know when the team is leaving and when they coming bak , use your brain man and think and t than say something

bhaijan apnar ashol naam jamal na kamal? amader ke bolen?

Sohel
June 14, 2012, 09:31 PM
Truth be told, the jersey design is pretty ordinary, borderline khyat even with that gargantuan, Disco Queen collar. As much as I admire Mr. Roy for the positive difference he has made in the lives of many, as well as his other achievements, his personal style leaves much to be desired. Won't surprise me a bit if his personal designer designed our national kit as an afterthought.

We should get Nike to design our Jersey. Failing that, I know at least half a dozen RISD and SFAA MFAs living in Dhaka at the moment. I think Anila Haq will do a great job with her unique vision.

zinatf
June 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Truth be told, the jersey design is pretty ordinary, borderline khyat even with that gargantuan, Disco Queen collar. As much as I admire Mr. Roy for the positive difference he has made in the lives of many, as well as his other achievements, his personal style leaves much to be desired. Won't surprise me a bit if his personal designer designed our national kit as an afterthought.

We should get Nike to design our Jersey. Failing that, I know at least half a dozen RISD and SFAA MFAs living in Dhaka at the moment. I think Anila Haq will do a great job with her unique vision.

Emonta hoile to bhaloi hoito....

zinatf
June 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
Etto baje colour ken? Dhuro! Amader potaka te to eto baje shobuj ba lal rong thake na to eikhane keno....eww!!

F6_Turbo
June 15, 2012, 12:27 AM
We've used this shade of green once before right? I don't really care to be honest(but I care enough to post :lol: )

playmaker
June 15, 2012, 12:47 AM

excuse me. The way you write your sentences it is pretty evident that you are still quite young and you are not able to understand many issues that older people know. If you do not really understand some stuffs ill advice you to refrain from posting here because whatever we say you will always oppose us simply because Lotus have been guilty himself.

So please explain me whats the big deal in taking pictures with the team? Is that a must? What kind of world are living in.

Ok answer this question: For bangladesh to improve, we desperately needs a better first class structure, more tournaments, more A and U-19 team tours, more improved facilities and yet we arent seeing expected improvements. And its Kamal's fault. Now what are you gonna say???

Night_wolf
June 15, 2012, 12:53 AM
excuse me. The way you write your sentences it is pretty evident that you are still quite young and you are not able to understand many issues that older people know. If you do not know such stuffs then please go away from this forum and praise you brother/father/dada somewhere else

So please explain me whats the big deal in taking pictures with the team? Is that a must? What kind of world are living in.

Ok answer this question: For bangladesh to improve, we desperately needs a better first class structure, more tournaments, more A and U-19 team tours, more improved facilities and yet we arent seeing expected improvements. And its Kamal's fault. Now what are you gonna say???

lol that line cracked me up!

and please dont tell anybody to go away from the forum. everybody has his right to say his opinion within the rules

Night_wolf
June 15, 2012, 12:55 AM

bujhlam na je apnara jersey niye ato asay chilen keno..PWI er ai year r ager year er jersey ta ki dakhen ni..2tai to pura khet chilo

F6_Turbo
June 15, 2012, 12:55 AM

and please dont tell anybody to go away from the forum. everybody has his right to say his opinion within the rules

Sounded like he was leading up to the talk about the birds and the bees :lol: :lol:

'Accha baba, where do babies come from?'

playmaker
June 15, 2012, 01:07 AM

Sounded like he was leading up to the talk about the birds and the bees :lol: :lol:

'Accha baba, where do babies come from?'

I didnt get the joke. Will you folks please elaborate and enlighten my curious mind E-)

Sohel
June 15, 2012, 02:25 AM
There are Jerseys, there are Zarsees, and then there are Zaisseej. This one looks perpetually stuck between the last 2. The Gulistani kyat-kyata "g'irin" doesn't help the cause either. But of course they did a decent job with the "bulu". Can't rile up the Elders of Zion now.

Equinox
June 15, 2012, 04:50 AM
One of the Best
http://www.acasports.co.uk/images/products/full/england-cricket-odi-2.jpg

England have been coming up with some awesome ODI kits lately. I might just get this one. I'm also a fan of the Aussie gold and green kit.

Current jersey is average. Nothing extraordinary but not that ugly either.
It's a no frills jersey for a no frills series. Jerseys change on a series-by-series basis. We will have some good ones and some bad ones in the process. As has always been the case. No need to go into depression over it.

Hasan2k8
June 15, 2012, 06:52 AM
Addidas will look nice with BD kit! Hope they can get addidas as kit sponsor.

playmaker
June 15, 2012, 07:24 AM
seriously dont understand abt the fuss abt bringing in high level sponsors. Take a look at county, theyve got such good kits despite not having such sponsors

mufi_02
June 15, 2012, 08:27 AM
^^ One of the county has pink jersey. But for some reason, it doesn't look that bad.