PDA

View Full Version : BanglaCricket XI - Captains Poll

BengaliPagol
May 26, 2012, 12:08 AM
Mother Thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...76#post1518076 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=1518076#post1518076)

So you do think should captain the Bangladeshi Cricket Team? The captain of any cricket team has the biggest responsibility out of anyone in the team. In Australia being the captain of the Australia Cricket team is regarded the 2nd most important job in the country after the Prime Minister. This expresses the importance of being captain.

The captain should be a motivated character who know how to think and play smart. He is the one who the rest of his team mates can look upto. The captain should always remain positive and should be the most active player on the field.

Many responsibilities of being captain is deciding whether to bat or ball regarding the conditions, determining the batting order, providing tactical advice to whoever needs it, choosing bowlers for specific overs and positioning the fielders in certain areas for tactical purposes. But the main responsibilities are that he should keep the team united and should be a true leader. He should be able to handle pressure in any situation. He will know what to do in any situation.

There are many other responsibilities but the point is that the captain should be the first to arrive and last to leave.

Who should undertake this responsibility for Bangladesh?

Discuss
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

mar umpire
May 26, 2012, 12:09 AM
khaled mahmud
If India can have DADA why can't we have CHACHA

BengaliPagol
May 26, 2012, 12:13 AM
Btw if everyone wanted to know whoever gets the 2nd most amount of votes is automatically vice captain.

oronnya
May 26, 2012, 12:43 AM
Now we are voting for Mushy but as Night Wolf said somewhere down the line Shakib should captain BD once again ..

Quoting Night Wolf "i'll go with Rahim..he is doing fine, but some where later in time when Shakib is more matured i want to see him as captain again..He has unfinished business as Bangladesh captain and i believe he is destined to take Bangladesh to some major glory"

zinatf
May 26, 2012, 01:03 AM
^Nekre eita bolse? Achcha....hmmm....
As for the poll, Mushy's doing a fine job as the captain atm.....but I don't think I'm ready to vote for this poll yet!

BD Rox
May 26, 2012, 04:36 AM
Mushy is doing his task properly and sincerely right from the word 'GO'. I don't see anything wrong in his decisions, just some silly mistakes he sometimes do. As time progresses, I hope he will be more expert in this role.

Night_wolf
May 26, 2012, 11:43 AM
^Nekre eita bolse? Achcha....hmmm....
As for the poll, Mushy's doing a fine job as the captain atm.....but I don't think I'm ready to vote for this poll yet!

keno ami bolte parina?E-)

Night_wolf
May 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
khaled mahmud
If India can have DADA why can't we have CHACHA

india had DADA...we had CHACHA too in 2003

MohammedC
May 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mushfiqur Rahim.

22Yards
May 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
Shakib is a born leader. As somene said, he will do the honors later in his career. So far Mushfiq is a good choice.

fiasnahk
May 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
I like mushy as captain. Hes somewhat like Darren Sammy. He brings the best out of the players. Shakib I think has too high a standards so when things arent going his way or the players arent performing to his expectations he gets frustrated

BengaliPagol
May 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
Mushfiqur Rahim seems to be the type of captain that will work hard for the team. He is the influential character in the team. We need a hard working captain

I want Shakib to concentrate on his performance. I dont want him to take extra burden in captaining. Shakib might be a good captain on field but off field he might exactly be the right role model.

I see Mushfiq as the person who is 'first to arrive and the last to leave'. I dont see Shakib in that way. I just see Shakib as a talented cricketer who is willing to help improve and expects people to get the job done. I see Shakib taking a senior role in the team (or a side role in helping out youngsters) but not exactly as a captain.

BengaliPagol
May 29, 2012, 05:03 AM
Easy win for Mushfiq. Vice captain is probably going to be Shakib.

TimAus
May 29, 2012, 06:30 AM
Shakib has enough to do. Personally I think allrounders should avoid being captain (it's the main reason I don't want Watson to captain Australia) because they have enough work to do already. Also batting allrounders tend to either underbowl or overbowl themself. An allrounder needs another player captaining to manage their work, Mushy is doing a great job at that right now and Shakib is responding with MOTM performances.

Maysun
May 29, 2012, 07:22 AM
Shakib maybe later in his career. But Mushfiqur is doing a very fine job and I like him as a captain.

BengaliPagol
June 1, 2012, 10:09 PM
It seems like Mushfiqur is the clear winner and Shakib has just narrowly edged out Mashrafe as the vice captain. Congratulations to both players.

BengaliPagol
June 1, 2012, 10:15 PM
This is the team.
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Shakib Al Hasan (vc)
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mushfiqur Rahim (c)
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Rubel Hossain

The wicket keepers poll will be up and running shortly.

oronnya
June 1, 2012, 10:19 PM
This is the team.
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Shakib Al Hasan (vc)
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mushfiqur Rahim (c)
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Rubel Hossain

Dream team (for now) ... Hope we will see this team playing (in the same order) soon :).. Also praying so that everyone stays fit and we can see all of them playing together!!!! :)

We have 3 WK in the team now :D.. who is better Anamul or Jahirul?

BengaliPagol
June 1, 2012, 10:25 PM
We have 3 WK in the team now :D.. who is better Anamul or Jahirul?

Decide for yourself.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41119

oronnya
June 1, 2012, 10:34 PM
Decide for yourself.

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41119

It's hard for me to decide.. Mushy was really a sloppy wk before the BPL.. he did well in Asia Cup ... Now for Anamul and Jahirul I haven't seen their wicket keeping much... In the leagues both did well so don't know... To me Dhiman was our best wk ...

Night_wolf
June 2, 2012, 02:19 AM
This is the team.
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Shakib Al Hasan (vc)
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mushfiqur Rahim (c)
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Rubel Hossain

this should be our ODI team no doubt...replace mullah with ash

Tiger444
June 2, 2012, 09:19 AM
this should be out ODI team no doubt...replace mullah with ash

:facepalm::facepalm: Your kidding me right?

Night_wolf
June 2, 2012, 10:52 AM
:facepalm::facepalm: Your kidding me right?

no i am not..Mahmuddulah lost all my respect after the asia cup final..i am willing to try anybody at that number 7 position..atm there isn't anybody so may be ash can fit in that position

Tiger444
June 2, 2012, 10:55 AM
no i am not..Mahmuddulah lost all my respect after the asia cup final..i am willing to try anybody at that number 7 position..atm there isn't anybody so may be ash can fit in that position

Sorry but Ash should not be considered for ODI's and Tests. The guy's SR was in the 30's in ODI's last year and you want him at #7? He should be only considered for T20's but that's it. Why not try Mominul or Shuvagata who are promising middle order batsmen if you don't want Riyad?

Night_wolf
June 2, 2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry but Ash should not be considered for ODI's and Tests. The guy's SR was in the 30's in ODI's last year and you want him at #7? He should be only considered for T20's but that's it. Why not try Mominul or Shuvagata who are promising middle order batsmen if you don't want Riyad?

forgot about shuvogoto..he could be an option..i dont want to waste mominul at 7..Mullah is a handy 6th bowler, thats why i said ash..like mullah ash can also bowl some overs..and he is a good out fielder

Tiger444
June 2, 2012, 11:12 AM
forgot about shuvogoto..he could be an option..i dont want to waste mominul at 7..Mullah is a handy 6th bowler, thats why i said ash..like mullah ash can also bowl some overs..and he is a good out fielder

Ash isn't as good of a bowler as Riyad is though. And he's just way too unreliable with the bat. Plus in domestics he's opening the batting. If he wants to be a #7 then he should bat there in domestics and prove he can bat there. Mominul can bowl as well but unfortunately doesn't offer any variation since he's an SLA. I think he could be a good #7 for us since he's shown that he can accelerate quickly. Mominul and Shuvagata should be the options at #7 not Ash.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

oronnya
June 2, 2012, 08:31 PM
Ash isn't as good of a bowler as Riyad is though. And he's just way too unreliable with the bat. Plus in domestics he's opening the batting. If he wants to be a #7 then he should bat there in domestics and prove he can bat there. Mominul can bowl as well but unfortunately doesn't offer any variation since he's an SLA. I think he could be a good #7 for us since he's shown that he can accelerate quickly. Mominul and Shuvagata should be the options at #7 not Ash.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

ekmot :up::up: