PDA

View Full Version : T20 Series To Be Televised???

zimfan
May 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
After the conclusion of the Stanbic Twenty20 series late last year, cricket fans have virtually been of good and competitive cricket. Then, news broke out that South Africa would be playing five T20 matches against Zimbabwe in preparation for the ICC T20 World Cup, which will be held in Sri Lanka in September.

Even though the five matches will be classified as warm-up games, the players would benefit immensely from playing these matches as the two sides will also be in the same group as Sri Lanka.

The problem was that a lot of fans, who can't be at Harare Sports Club, would have been left out of the party given that the matches were not going to be televised. But the arrival of Bangladesh on the scene, after they requested to be part of the extravaganza, changed everything because the triangular event will now be televised.

Zimbabwe have been hard at work in camp since May 2 and both Brendan Taylor and Prosper Utseya were involved in a T20 match which saw an All-Star XI take on a formidable Asian XI in Canada recently.

The rest of the team, however, are at a disadvantage as they have been out of action since their forgettable tour of New Zealand way back in January/February. In contrast, the Proteas, who had a very successful tour of New Zealand in the same conditions of the Land of the Long White Cloud where the Zimbabweans were humiliated, have had a number of players who have been active, performing consistently well in the Indian Premier League.

So Zimbabwe and Bangladesh will have their work cut out for them when they take on AB de Villiers when the series gets underway next month.

Zimbabwe"s provisional squad of 24 has some new faces as well as some of the familiar faces.

The new faces have forced the selectors to sit up and take notice after some good performances in the Stanbic Twenty20 series, which also featured a strong international flavour.

It may also be worthwhile having the domestic T20 competition played in August this year instead of November/December.

This will give the players a chance to play a fair amount of Twenty20 cricket before jetting off to Sri Lanka for the World Cup in September.

Purbasha T
May 27, 2012, 03:08 PM
That's awesome, thanks zimfan. :)

Maysun
May 27, 2012, 03:16 PM
That's nice! And I hope Cricinfo covers it as well now.

MohammedC
May 27, 2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks to Zimfan for breaking the news.

TigerEz
May 27, 2012, 05:50 PM
better be televised!!!

TigerEz
May 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
but is it official or its still practice matches?

Night_wolf
May 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
better be televised!!!

and we better have links!!

Zunaid
May 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
and we better have links!!

Nadiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim. Koi tumi?

Ajfar
May 27, 2012, 11:00 PM
Most likely supersports will televise it. Finding links won't be a problem

mar umpire
May 27, 2012, 11:17 PM
chorai link afficionados welcome

zinatf
May 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the news Zimfan!
Where's Nadim?

Naimul_Hd
May 28, 2012, 01:20 AM
Was really sad to see the question marks ??? in the thread title but now feeling good to read the news. So, may i ask the mods to omit the question marks from the thread title if its confirmed.

shakibrulz
May 28, 2012, 02:18 AM
I hope this is true, and if we end up with no links, I'll RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEe especially if Shak's playing.

lamisa
May 28, 2012, 03:59 AM
yaaay! vacation shuru, khelao shuru!

Isnaad
May 28, 2012, 04:19 AM
Just because the matches aren't official, I don't feel like watching :(

mac
May 28, 2012, 04:56 AM
Great news...need some live BD Cricket badly.

patriot
May 28, 2012, 06:29 AM
Zimfan , A link to that news would have been a bit more helpful .

AMD128
May 28, 2012, 06:33 AM
Great news. :D

crikss
May 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
Sorry didn't read the whole article . So the matches are official now ?

al Furqaan
May 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
I think this proves common sense. That the subcontinent teams (India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh) demand a market. South Africa are arguably the best side in the world, yet their fanbase isn't powerful enough to demand that these matches be televised. I don't think the likes of WI, NZ, or SL would have been able to get that either. BD-IND-PAK just have too many fans to miss out on. Plus being unofficial matches this is probably much cheaper to broadcast and you can charge the same amount for ads.

kalpurush
May 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
Zimfan, check you mail - treat is on the way!

TigerEz
May 28, 2012, 01:22 PM
kobe je ei chorai link'e cricket dekha shesh hobe!!! bangladeshe thakte TV te khela dekhtam r USA'te aisha ei chorai link use kori! haire !!!!

MohammedC
June 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
Very disappointed with Channel9 and UK coverage. They always miss the first ball of each over after coming back from advertise break.

And those pop up advertise .....they drive me nuts. Also in UK they don't allow Bangladeshi advertise so they have to cover it each time it pops up, very annoying. Picture quality is very poor.

Then again something is better than nothing.

TigerEz
June 17, 2012, 07:13 PM
^^^i copy wat he said

Antora
June 17, 2012, 08:30 PM
Yeah, channel 9 isn't exactly the best :( but it's better than nothing...

kiwibd
June 17, 2012, 08:53 PM
hey im just wondering if the poor quality(pixels and general quality) is poor on my computer and lags randomly sometimes with buffering because of my broadband or because the person thats broadcasting the broadcast are having problems on their end? im sorry if this didnt make much sense, but watching the stream last night was painful at times with buffering at times where i had to refresh jagobd to even get it to work. and yes i know something is better than nothing and i fully appreciate getting to see anything at all, just wondering if theres any way to improve.

Zunaid
June 17, 2012, 09:22 PM
Kiwi - that's the norm. Even on TV (I'm visiting Dhaka right now) the quality seemed low - even less than SD quality (this was on channel 9). And watching it on a big screen TV made it worse.

playmaker
June 17, 2012, 11:35 PM
seriously, that was poor coverage and wth? No amanat shah lungi ad :mad:
Amra ki emne emne harsi naki?

But at least they are showing it so that we can at least watch something rather than having to follow crapinfo

max410
June 18, 2012, 12:02 AM
the MIDDLE ORDER FAILED in last 3 matches Mushfiq needs to fix his batting and some players liek naseer and mahmudullah is suddenly out of form

Kohli_Sox
June 18, 2012, 02:29 AM
Commentators actually forgot to hold the mic closer, at times the sound was very loud and at times it was too low; but thankfully atleast we can watch it so no regrets

ahnaf
June 18, 2012, 02:39 AM
Well..its not about Channel 9.. Its super sports.. They are doing all the thing.. Channel 9 just bought the right to telecast it..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Purbasha T
June 18, 2012, 05:07 AM
The highlights looked okay.. in the Ch 9 coverage, there's some serious trouble with the sunlight, you can't even see the players' faces properly!

MohammedC
June 18, 2012, 05:11 AM
The highlights looked okay.. in the Ch 9 coverage, there's some serious trouble with the sunlight, you can't even see the players' faces properly!

About the lights. I also noticed that and thought it must be my tv.

mac
June 18, 2012, 05:29 AM
Due to the bright sunlight the pitch reflected a lot and made the ball hard to follow. Also there wasn't many cameras, so the angles weren't great either. But I'm happy to see the Kana mama.