PDA

View Full Version : The Most Underrated Bangladeshi Cricketers On The Brink

Sohel
May 29, 2012, 12:58 AM
There has never been a shortage of hugely overrated goatlashers and trundlers who actually made it to the Bangladesh National Team, got plenty of chances thanks to the hallmark nepotism and effective lobbying at BCB, and failed predictably because they're just that: OVERRATED. I won't talk about them here. I'll talk about the underrated players who should be either be 1) considered for the National Team, or 2) if they're sporadically plugged into the team when a BCB favorite in unavailable for whatever reason, should get a fair run based of international performance.

My list of IV. I've SEEN all of them play over the past few years:

1. Nazmul Hossain: Enough said.

2. Shahin Hossain: Probably the best WK in the country and a very decent FC batsman.

3. Shabbir Rahman Rumman: Custom built for T20s with aggressive batting, effective bowling and excellent fielding ability. Did great in the Asian/SAARC Games. WTF is he not in the pool at the moment?

4. Shubhashish Roy: Tall, built like a tank, gangstah-aggressive and pacy with increasingly good control. Fields well and can clear the ropes and then some with the bat. Did great in Asian/SAARC Games. WTF is he not in the pool at the moment?

Who's on your list and why?

Navo
May 29, 2012, 12:59 AM
You would say that Shahin Hossain is a better WK than Anamul or Dhiman?

Zeeshan
May 29, 2012, 01:00 AM
Phew. Got scared reading Shahin Hossain as Shahadat Hossain

-HAS to be Nazmul.

Sohel
May 29, 2012, 01:10 AM
You would say that Shahin Hossain is a better WK than Anamul or Dhiman?

Definitely, because of the right combination of focus, lateral movement, athleticism and range. I'll rate him 1st, Dhiman 2nd, Bijauy 3rd, Pavel 4th and Aumi 5th purely as WKs.

cricket_king
May 29, 2012, 04:37 AM
Easily Nazmul, no doubt about it. Though I'm a big fan of Sabbir Rahman and Shubhashish Roy, and hope to see more of them soon.

BengaliPagol
May 29, 2012, 05:00 AM
Shahin Hossain (with an average of 22 in FC cricket) is simply not good enough to be in the international arena. Wicket keepers nowadays have to be good batsmen to be in the team. It doesnt matter how good of a wicket keeper they are.

AbuDarda
May 29, 2012, 05:14 AM
1.Faisal hossain dikens 2.Farhad Reza 3.saklain sajib 4.najmul apu are also should be added to this list.....

TimAus
May 29, 2012, 06:21 AM
I like the look of Nazimuddin, especially in the longest format. He seems to bat to the situation, has a good defense and a reasonable range of shots, in a similar mould to Ed Cowan or Tharanga Paranavitana. Not a natural one day or T20 player but still a really good prospect and one who people don't seem to mention very often.

Maysun
May 29, 2012, 07:24 AM
Though I've heard a lot about Shubhashish Roy, never seen him play. I think Sabbir should be atleast in the provisional squad. He should definitely be given a look for the T20 WC.

Night_wolf
May 29, 2012, 07:41 AM
definitely nazmul..now i am getting the feeling asif is very much under rated too

Tiger444
May 29, 2012, 08:09 AM
What did happen to Shubashis? I thought his action, build, and pace were all very impressive. I really hope he continues to work hard. I thought he was a good prospect. I also thought Shabbir should've gotten in to the training squad of the T20 squad. It's time we start developing him sooner rather than later.

I'll bring up 1 of Sohel bhai's here, Fazle Mahmud. I don't believe he should be considered for the national team just yet but after scoring a 135 with five 4's and EIGHT sixes for Abahani in a match, why did he not even get a chance to play in the BPL or be in our T20 training squad? For a big hitter like him, we should be looking to develop him rather than wasting time in developing Nazimuddin, who is not a shorter version batsman by any means.

Also why is Kamrul Islam Rabbi not in the training squad? Is he injured? He's somebody that we need to develop.

crikss
May 29, 2012, 08:15 AM
Shabbir May be

simon
May 29, 2012, 08:24 AM
stepson
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Naimul_Hd
May 29, 2012, 09:03 AM
How can you say Sabbir, Fazle Mahmud, Fazle Rabbi are on the brink Just cause they did not get a chance in BPL and not included 20 odd squad for T20 ? They are still young and inexperienced to be consider for National team now. Players like Sabbir, Rabbi, Mominul have just started their career, its unwise to include them 'on the brink' category.

MarufH
May 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
Nannu and Nazmul

Equinox
May 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
Nazmul without a doubt is the most underrated Bangladeshi cricketer in the last couple of years. He has proven himself to be the best pacer in the country right now and if he is ignored further then :facepalm:

I like Shuvashish too. Height and build wise he is very similar to Mash. But from what I recall, he is very fragile and has been struggling with injuries. Even in the last NCL he could not turn out regularly for Rangpur due to his fitness.

Shabbir: overrated. Could be a decent T20 prospect and that is all.

M.H.Rubel
May 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
I like the look of Nazimuddin, especially in the longest format. He seems to bat to the situation, has a good defense and a reasonable range of shots, in a similar mould to Ed Cowan or Tharanga Paranavitana. Not a natural one day or T20 player but still a really good prospect and one who people don't seem to mention very often.

Agreed.In context of Bangladeshi batsman Nazimuddim looked a good batsman in longer version.I liked so of his innings very much.Most of our batsman have poor shot selection but Nazimuddin looked different to me.The way he leaves the deliveries in tests,I simply loved it.

HereWeGo
May 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
Most under-rated is Arafat sunny for ODI and T20's.
He is much better than Elias Sunny and Abdur Razzaq!!

if only the selectors watched the players properly....

Shuvogata and Shabbir are both excellent batsmen... the problem with T20's is that if you dont give a batsman the chance to bat at the top 4 than u will never know what he is capable of doing...

below top 4, you are either coming in to bat too late.. or too many wickets fell too fast and u cant bat with your normal fluency..

M.H.Rubel
May 29, 2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks Shohel vai for a nice thread.
Definately most under rated player is Nazmul.
No one mentioning another name NAEEM.To me he is the second most under rated.

ahnaf
May 29, 2012, 12:25 PM
How can you say Sabbir, Fazle Mahmud, Fazle Rabbi are on the brink Just cause they did not get a chance in BPL and not included 20 odd squad for T20 ? They are still young and inexperienced to be consider for National team now. Players like Sabbir, Rabbi, Mominul have just started their career, its unwise to include them 'on the brink' category.

i also think so..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

MohammedC
May 29, 2012, 01:01 PM
Batsmen - Shamsur Rahman Shuvo : Should be part of the A team) 668 in NCL FC and 404 for Sheikh Jamal in DPL. Regularly scoring runs in domestic level. But never been tried for Nat squad. Normally bats @ number 3/4. (You will never know if you dont try him).

Bowler
1- Arafath Sunny : Should have been included in T-20 preliminary squad.
2- Nazmul Hossain: Enough said (Echoing with SohelNR)

3- Subashis Roy (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/301847.html) or Shuvashish Roy (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/537691.html) Cricinfo has 2 profile.

M.H.Rubel
May 30, 2012, 02:22 PM
Batsmen - Shamsur Rahman Shuvo : Should be part of the A team) 668 in NCL FC and 404 for Sheikh Jamal in DPL. Regularly scoring runs in domestic level. But never been tried for Nat squad. Normally bats @ number 3/4. (You will never know if you dont try him).

Bowler
1- Arafath Sunny : Should have been included in T-20 preliminary squad.
2- Nazmul Hossain: Enough said (Echoing with SohelNR)

3- Subashis Roy (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/301847.html) or Shuvashish Roy (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/537691.html) Cricinfo has 2 profile.

Shamsur Rahman got 2/3 tour with the A team.Last year he was our captain with the A team.Had some mediocar performance at home but at S A he was just rubbish and eventually eliminated from A team.

Ace of BD
May 31, 2012, 03:34 AM
surely its gotta be sabbir...this guy has all the makings of a star

KaaL-PurusH
June 4, 2012, 11:35 PM
Can I put ashrafool's name pls?

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2012, 07:10 AM
Brain transplant Hospital should have huge potential in BD. All these under-rated would fulfill their promises. Pipeline diya agey ja ashchey (huge potential niya) ei gula khub ekta upgrade na.

Nazmul = Rasel 2.0
Shahin kono din chance pabey na
Shabbir = Poorman's Mulari Vijay (Not our Poorman)
Roy < Rubel.

Jaharul pola'ta had so much potential and may be he could have replaced WK duties of Mushi. With the arrival of Anamul that window will get shut down soon.

Roey Haque
June 7, 2012, 01:03 AM
For those of you going nuts over Nazmul, know that he's been there for a long time. He has improved, but he's not underrated. When measuring a bowler's abilities, you cannot ignore the action. Nazmul's weak action has always held him back, and he's rated just fine.

In my opinion, two underrated players in the BCB pool are Farhad Reza and Shariar Nafees.

Zeeshan
June 7, 2012, 01:32 AM
roey toey ra shob t' che dekhi ekhane...