PDA

View Full Version : Richard Pybus appointed as the Tigers' new Head Coach

Pages : [1] 2

Razi
May 30, 2012, 03:15 AM
[বাংলা]জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের নতুন কোচ পাইবাস

স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b8e17975dcb35463bf5b26e098abd 55e&nttl=20120530014644115279)

ঢাকা: জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের প্রধান কোচ হিসেবে দায়িত্ব নিতে যাচ্ছেন রিচার্ড পাইবাস। বুধবার বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)‘র ভারপ্রাপ্ত প্রধান নির্বাহী (সিইও) নিজাম উদ্দিন চৌধুরি সুজন পাইবাসের দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার বিষয়ে নিশ্চিত করেছেন।

নিজাম উদ্দিন বলেন, ‘শিগগিরই জাতীয় দলের প্রধান কোচ হিসেবে দায়িত্ব নিতে বাংলাদেশ আসবেন পাইবাস। তার অধীনেই জিম্বাবুয়েই সফরে যাবে বাংলাদেশ। মাসিক বেতন হিসেবে ২০ হাজার ডলার পাবেন তিনি।’

অস্ট্রেলিয়ার স্টুয়ার্ট ল’র স্থলাভিষিক্ত হবেন পাইবাস। ২০১১ সালে ১ জুলাই জাতীয় দলের প্রধান কোচের দায়িত্ব থেকে সরে দাঁড়ানস ল। এরপর টাইগারদের কোচ হতে বিসিসির কাছে সাক্ষাৎকার দেন দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার পাইবাস। শেষপর্যন্ত তাকেই কোচ হিসেবে বেছে নিয়েছে বিসিবি।

মুশফিকদের কোচ হওয়ার জন্য লড়াই করতে হয়েছে পাইবাসকে। কারণ নটিংহ্যামশায়ারের কোচিং ডিরেক্টর মিক নিউয়েলও লাল-সবুজদের কোচ হতে ইচ্ছুক ছিলেন। শেষপর্যন্ত বিসিবি তাকে সাক্ষাৎকারের জন্য না ডাকায় নিজেকে প্রত্যাহার করে নেন নিউয়েল।[/বাংলা]

Nafis 1718
May 30, 2012, 03:17 AM
Source?
Any links?

Razi
May 30, 2012, 03:19 AM
Source?
Any links?

Check the news-ticker of any of the BD Channels.

MohammedC
May 30, 2012, 03:21 AM
Welcome coach.

Nafis 1718
May 30, 2012, 03:22 AM
Great!!! :)

MohammedC
May 30, 2012, 03:23 AM
Razi, I am posting the news on FB.

Razi
May 30, 2012, 03:33 AM
Razi, I am posting the news on FB.

Sure, Mo bhai.

Zunaid
May 30, 2012, 03:35 AM
Pybus appointed Bangladesh coach (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/566686.html?CMP=chrome)

Richard Pybus (http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/18647.html), the former Pakistan coach, has been named Bangladesh coach, taking over from Stuart Law who resigned in April. Pybus hasn't been in charge of an international side since 2003 but had flown to Bangladesh earlier this month to interview for the post.

Pybus, who took up coaching in his mid-twenties, was appointed Pakistan coach for their 1999 World Cup campaign while at Border, before returning to the South African provincial side. He coached Pakistan again until the 2003 World Cup and had stints with Titans and Cape Cobras (South Africa), and Middlesex. He was with Cobras until March 2012 and was also linked to the South Africa job last year.
Full report to follow

Antora
May 30, 2012, 03:36 AM
Yay! Welcome :)

Maysun
May 30, 2012, 03:38 AM
Welcome on board, Pybus

Ian Pont
May 30, 2012, 03:39 AM
[বাংলা]জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের নতুন কোচ পাইবাস

স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ িফোর.কম (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=b8e17975dcb35463bf5b26e098abd 55e&nttl=20120530014644115279)

ঢাকা: জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের প্রধান কোচ হিসেবে দায়িত্ব নিতে যাচ্ছেন রিচার্ড পাইবাস। বুধবার বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)‘র ভারপ্রাপ্ত প্রধান নির্বাহী (সিইও) নিজাম উদ্দিন চৌধুরি সুজন পাইবাসের দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার বিষয়ে নিশ্চিত করেছেন।

নিজাম উদ্দিন বলেন, ‘শিগগিরই জাতীয় দলের প্রধান কোচ হিসেবে দায়িত্ব নিতে বাংলাদেশ আসবেন পাইবাস। তার অধীনেই জিম্বাবুয়েই সফরে যাবে বাংলাদেশ। মাসিক বেতন হিসেবে ২০ হাজার ডলার পাবেন তিনি।’

অস্ট্রেলিয়ার স্টুয়ার্ট ল’র স্থলাভিষিক্ত হবেন পাইবাস। ২০১১ সালে ১ জুলাই জাতীয় দলের প্রধান কোচের দায়িত্ব থেকে সরে দাঁড়ানস ল। এরপর টাইগারদের কোচ হতে বিসিসির কাছে সাক্ষাৎকার দেন দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার পাইবাস। শেষপর্যন্ত তাকেই কোচ হিসেবে বেছে নিয়েছে বিসিবি।

মুশফিকদের কোচ হওয়ার জন্য লড়াই করতে হয়েছে পাইবাসকে। কারণ নটিংহ্যামশায়ারে কোচিং ডিরেক্টর মিক নিউয়েলও লাল-সবুজদের কোচ হতে ইচ্ছুক ছিলেন। শেষপর্যন্ত বিসিবি তাকে সাক্ষাৎকারের জন্য না ডাকায় নিজেকে প্রত্যাহার করে নেন নিউয়েল।[/বাংলা]

On a side note...Can I ask..why does the board feel it necessary to disclose the guy's private salary? They should therefore disclose their own. I don't get why the BCB does this at all. Very indiscrete. :facepalm:

Now he has the reins, let the fireworks begin! Slow burn but definitely an explosion or two as we go with players and the board.

KaBoom

Naimul_Hd
May 30, 2012, 03:41 AM
It seems BCB had no other option than agreed upon Pybus's new demand.
Now lets see if he is worthy of this huge salary and benefits.

Naimul_Hd
May 30, 2012, 03:45 AM
On a side note...Can I ask..why does the board feel it necessary to disclose the guy's private salary? They should therefore disclose their own. I don't get why the BCB does this at all. Very indiscrete. :facepalm:

Now he has the reins, let the fireworks begin! Slow burn but definitely an explosion or two as we go.

KaBoom

Isn't it the case in all other sports too ? Talk about big football clubs' players, coaches. Club officials disclose transfer fees, salary when they join a new team.

I, however, agree that BCB officials too should disclose their salary and other fringe benefits.

BengaliPagol
May 30, 2012, 03:50 AM
Hopefully Pybus makes us proud.

Ian Pont
May 30, 2012, 03:54 AM
Isn't it the case in all other sports too ? Talk about big football clubs' players, coaches. Club officials disclose transfer fees, salary when they join a new team.

I, however, agree that BCB officials too should disclose their salary and other fringe benefits.

So can you tell me what other Head Coach salaries are for the other countries? Flower in England? Gibson in WI? Arthur in Aus? Fletcher in India? No, because they are not normally revealed. Anyway, Pybus has a great deal for himself and his family. If he can stick it out for a few years, he may not have to work again.

MohammedC
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Richard pybas is our next coach..very happy for him..let's hope he can do something special for our country with the help of ours..</p>&mdash; Mushfiqur Rahim Mitu (@mushfiqur15) <a href="https://twitter.com/mushfiqur15/status/207748450186559491" data-datetime="2012-05-30T08:21:04+00:00">May 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

zulfiqer
Maasranga , Ekushey, Independent, Shomoy, RTV, ATN also confirmed this news..

BengaliPagol
May 30, 2012, 03:58 AM
I hope he has dedication to coach Bangladesh and not use Bangladesh as a stepping stone to coach other major countries ie South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.

Zunaid
May 30, 2012, 03:59 AM
Wednesday, 30 May 2012

BCB Media Release

Richard Pybus becomes Bangladesh Coach

Richard Pybus has been confirmed as the next Head Coach of the Bangladesh National Cricket Team. The 47-year-old England-born coach has agreed a two-year term with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and is expected to join the Tigers ahead of the Tour of Zimbabwe for the Tri-Nation T20 tournament next month.

Pybus said he was excited about his new assignment and was eager to start working: “I am delighted at the opportunity of coaching Bangladesh. I am looking forward to getting busy with the boys.

“We have an active schedule ahead of us and for me the next few months will be about building relationships with the players and the coaching staff and ensuring that the progress made up to the Asia Cup continues.”

Pybus had turned to cricket coaching in his mid-twenties after injury had halted his playing ambitions. He coached Border in South Africa before taking over the Pakistan team’s responsibility twice between 1999–2001 and 2003. Following a second spell with Border, he went on to coach Middlesex and the Titans before deciding to return to the international fold by accepting terms with Bangladesh.

BD Rox
May 30, 2012, 04:03 AM
Great news....but I suspect he can flourish.:-/

MohammedC
May 30, 2012, 04:04 AM
Great news....but I suspect he can flourish.:-/

laath o marlo nomoshkar o bollo

iDumb
May 30, 2012, 04:07 AM

Now he has the reins, let the fireworks begin! Slow burn but definitely an explosion or two as we go with players and the board.

KaBoom

how do you understand whats written in bangla?

anyways, i like to know what our coaches salary is. right or wrong in disclosure i dnt know, good journalism maybe.

anyways congrats pybus. welcome and hopefully u deliver.

Naimul_Hd
May 30, 2012, 04:10 AM
So can you tell me what other Head Coach salaries are for the other countries? Flower in England? Gibson in WI? Arthur in Aus? Fletcher in India? No, because they are not normally revealed. Anyway, Pybus has a great deal for himself and his family. If he can stick it out for a few years, he may not have to work again.

I thought you knew this. Anyway, here are their salary:

Andy Flower, England Coach:

Even though Flower's salary has been increased from £250,000 to around £300,000 it still falls considerably short of the riches on offer to Fletcher, who will take home more than double that for each of the two years he is contracted to India.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1383000/Andy-Flower-signs-new-deal-ECB.htmlGibson, WI Coach:

reportedly collecting a salary in excess of a quarter million US$ per year.

Source: http://caribbeancricket.com/news/2011/04/06/3105
Duncan, India Coach:

a salary believed to be around £700,000 a year will have helped persuade Fletcher that, at 62, he can withstand the scrutiny that comes from the cricket-mad population of India, at least for a couple of years.

Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1381252/Duncan-Fletcher-return-England-India-coach.html

MohammedC
May 30, 2012, 04:12 AM
Thats some High Definition stats from Naimul_HD

Sohel
May 30, 2012, 04:19 AM
All the best to our new coach. He has the reputation of being headstrong and uncompromising. Theoretically that's exactly the sort of cattle prod we need, assuming he's uncompromising about good things, and will prevail over BCB egomaniacs in the end. I'm quite skeptical about that at this point, but hope and pray that we won't have him walkout on us when things don't quite go his way.

AbuDarda
May 30, 2012, 04:28 AM
So pybus' yearly income will be US $240,000 that means almost quarter million!! WOW!

Night_wolf
May 30, 2012, 04:39 AM
Finally...lets hope he can take over from where law left

Equinox
May 30, 2012, 04:46 AM

Gibson, WI Coach:

Duncan, India Coach:
This is completely different. It's the newspapers with inside sources in the board speculating, hence the use of the words 'reportedly' and 'believed to be...' rather than the board officially disclosing their salaries like the BCB has done.

Equinox
May 30, 2012, 04:51 AM
I wish the new coach good luck. Hope he quickly recognises that the team is in a good place right now, after a long time, where they are enjoying each other's company and working hard at the same time. I hope he builds on this instead of bringing in abrupt changes.

ikabir28
May 30, 2012, 06:35 AM
Well i think its more of the ego factor for the BCB guys, they just wanna prove a point here that they are spending cash behind the team. i mean what other reason can be there for disclosing something like this. Anyways, i hope this guy can do what Law started, i dont want to see another dry spell for bangladesh cricket just because they have a new coach. * fingers crossed*

auntu
May 30, 2012, 06:37 AM
Well I don't know whether it's a good news or a great news to get Pybus as the head coach. At least it's good that BCB has made the decision without any further delay.

cricheart
May 30, 2012, 06:43 AM
^
Surely Its a great news. I was almost lost hope on Lota's way of employment for chief of coaching staff position. Lets see how long both parties can abide their deal here, its quite a long term agreement tho.

Nadim
May 30, 2012, 07:09 AM
Bolchilam nå, amago loitta ek kothar manush:D
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Rabz
May 30, 2012, 07:35 AM
A very warm welcome to Pybus to Bangladesh.
Wish you all the best!!

akabir77
May 30, 2012, 07:35 AM
Aren't BCB shooting at their own foot by disclosing his salary! now the next coach will demand more than 20. Ki r bolbo!!!

mali007
May 30, 2012, 07:37 AM
Great news but expensive !!!!

Naimul_Hd
May 30, 2012, 07:54 AM
Aren't BCB shooting at their own foot by disclosing his salary! now the next coach will demand more than 20. Ki r bolbo!!!

Well, not necessarily, it depends on next coach's experience and background. If BCB wants to go for high profile coach like Pybus, Micky, Duncan then obviously they will charge more as high risk is involved coaching BD team. I don't think coach like Newell can ask for that high salary as he lacks international exposure and national team coaching experience.

roman
May 30, 2012, 08:22 AM
Congrats Lotus...Tera Pya ghar aya.

Great news indeed. I have just one concern. Will he complete his 2 years tenure or will leave before that.

All the best Pybus. Please make us a formidable side before you leave. Enjoy Bangladesh :-)

Roni_uk
May 30, 2012, 08:32 AM

Gibson, WI Coach:

Duncan, India Coach:

Wow we got away cheaply :)

Welcome new coach to Bangladesh Cricket

Tiger444
May 30, 2012, 08:43 AM
I say it's a good decision considering he has a good amount of experience under his belt at the international level and very strong domestic levels. Good coaches come at a heavy price but that means we should be expecting results coming immediately. Best of luck to coach Pybus!

layperson
May 30, 2012, 08:44 AM
This answers the question someone asked in another thread. How is a guy like Lotus uncle the owner of such a huge and successful business empire. Lotus uncle gets what lotus uncle wants, that is how.

MarufH
May 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
I thought with 240K, we could talk to J. Wright...

Anyways, my whole hearted welcome to R. Pybus. Wishing you all the best. Hope you can make a difference.

oronnya
May 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
hmm let's see if he is worth quarter million... I really don't think board should spend so much on coaching stuffs.. rather they should put more emphasize on building the infrastructure so that more good and talented players come out.. dekha jaak ki emon bishhoshera team banaye den tini...

Shubho
May 30, 2012, 09:06 AM
240K is a lot, to be sure. However, I know a lot of doctors, lawyers, bankers, engineers making that kind of money in the US, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UAE and the UK. I think that sort of pay for a head coach of one of only ten test playing nations is in line with international standards of remuneration, so we should not play up the issue.

Instead, I would look at it this way: Pybus is being paid a shedload more than most cricket coaches, and certainly a crapload more than BD coaches of the past, so he had better deliver some stunning results! If his output is as "meagre" as Law's or Siddons', then he should prepare for some serious a$$-whooping by 160 million people. He should look up the term GONODHOLAI in the Bangla dictionary, because that's what awaits him if $240,000 doesn't translate to marked improvement in the performance of our national team.

Shubho
May 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
hmm let's see if he is worth quarter million... I really don't think board should spend so much on coaching stuffs.. rather they should put more emphasize on building the infrastructure so that more good and talented players come out.. dekha jaak ki emon bishhoshera team banaye den tini...

This is a well-known problem in Bangladeshi society, not just Bangladesh cricket. Our people just aren't very forward-looking. They don't have the foresight to invest in infrastructure today that will reap solid rewards in 10 years.

In any case, I do not believe that paying Pybus $240K and investing in cricket infrastructure are mutually exclusive. BCB has enough revenue to do both. What they lack is good management.

iDumb
May 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
240K is a lot, to be sure. However, I know a lot of doctors, lawyers, bankers, engineers making that kind of money in the US, Canada, Austria, Germany, the UAE and the UK. I think that sort of pay for a head coach of one of only ten test playing nations is in line with international standards of remuneration, so we should not play up the issue.

i dnt think the comparison is quiet fitting. I dnt think 250 as a coach of england or for a lawyer in england while living in london is quiet same as 250 as a coach of bd living in dhaka. however agree with you 100 pc, international standards should be maintained.

i mean none of you guys would like it if shakib's ipl salary was adjusted to bd standard of living...:)

kalpurush
May 30, 2012, 11:38 AM

Not really!?

Living costs in Bangladesh compare to those countries are much cheaper..

riankhan
May 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
Best of luck to our new pathfinder!

Crickbang
May 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
Pybus will be in COMPLETE control of the team management/selection. It's in his contract. Akram Khan is ticked off already. Let the drama begin. :) Btw, Congratulations Coach Pybus!! Welcome Aboard.

Rifat
May 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
Welcome aboard, Coach :) Glad you accepted an exciting, STIFF challenge!

MSM B2C
May 30, 2012, 01:01 PM
BCB Drama Comes to an end! as usual they have signed the right coach with a lot of beautiful drama!

It was all planned long ego but the Drama kept on intesifying, ! but well done BCB!

and Welcome to Coach Pybus, great records and better option then most that applied.

MSM B2C
May 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
I hope he has dedication to coach Bangladesh and not use Bangladesh as a stepping stone to coach other major countries ie South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.

He had the choice to apply for the New Zeland job, but did not!

its the connection and friends appraisal of bangladesh that interested him!

Some people in BCB were saying that NZ might take Pybus as coach!

but it all ended well! give some credit to BCB!

they always make drama but choice the right coach!

senman
May 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
Bangladesh got themselves a good coach.

Congratz to Richard and BD fans.

MSM B2C
May 30, 2012, 01:07 PM

Gibson, WI Coach:

Duncan, India Coach:

Directly fired at Ian pont! did Ian reply to this post yet?

what a pure class of evidence:)

zsayeed
May 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
The usual battle of egos going on. Hmph

ma_o_mati
May 30, 2012, 01:30 PM

That's totally unnecessary mate. Its not necessary to disclose Everything on public media as we all know our coaches are well paid.
But for future it would b hard to get a coach for lower amount

Aramaic
May 30, 2012, 01:34 PM
Welcome coach!! Hope you can take us up a notch :flag:

MarufH
May 30, 2012, 01:49 PM
Interesting thread (Click here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=41098)) everyone should participate in.

M.H.Rubel
May 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
He is a professional high profile coacach no doubt.Good thing with hiprofile is they are professionally used to accastome with different situTions.Its tough to accastome in Bangladesh.Further mire Pybus has a big history of changing jobs.Its a bit fear for me.But i am hoping the best as he is a professional nan.

Razi
May 30, 2012, 02:23 PM
Ready for 'fantastic challenge' - Pybus
Firdose Moonda, ESPNcricinfo (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/566745.html)
May 30, 2012

Newly appointed Bangladesh coach Richard Pybus believes that more than the two stints as Pakistan coach, his experience in South Africa will serve him in good stead for his new role. Pybus was in charge of three South African teams, provincial side Border and franchises, the Titans and the Cobras. He won eight trophies with the two franchises and could be regarded as the most successful coach on the country's domestic scene.

"Working in Africa helps you understand a lot of things. You are surrounded by diversity and multiculturalism," Pybus told ESPNcricinfo from Cape Town, where he was packing his bags for the departure to Dhaka. "Working with the franchises also helps, you learn about what it takes to win and how to build winning teams and winning mindsets. I worked with two franchises with a lot of international players and we did very well. In Pakistan, I gained a lot of cultural understanding because you can make faux pas if you are naïve."

Pybus has not coached an international side since his time with Pakistan in 2003 but was handpicked by the BCB as a replacement for Stuart Law. He is known for his innovative coaching methods, such as teaching players to juggle to improve their peripheral version, and he believes he is ripe to take up the "fantastic challenge" of coaching a national team again.

Although the Bangladesh job could be seen as unenviable one, given the country's status as bottom ranked Test team and lowest ranked-Test team in ODIs, Pybus sees it as an "engaging and unique" task.

He said his most pressing job will be combining the need to develop with the ability to win, and that he is prepared to take the time he needs to get that balance right. "Because Bangladesh are a young side, there may be an acceptance that is all about development, and that is not right," he said. "I will work on a system based on excellence. I want to be playing winning cricket, to create multi-format players, to focus on being competitive enough to be able to win series."

Pybus acknowledged that to create a winning culture, he will have to overcome mental barriers before concentrating on technical aspects of the game. "Bangladesh are only just starting to discover their self-belief, you could see that in the Asia Cup," he said. "When you start to win games, you build that ability to cross a mental bridge and winning becomes something tangible to you. They have a history of coaches who have helped them build the platform and I will have to continue building on it.

"The first thing will be to sort out what incremental steps needs to be taken to ensure there is competition for places and a sense among players that there will be opportunities for them if they consistently perform and put pressure [for places in the national side]."

Pybus visited Bangladesh earlier this month to negotiate his contract with the BCB and said he was excited by what he saw. "The facilities are world-class, they have a nice indoor centre but more than any of that, it was the incredible passion and lovely sense of energy about where cricket in the country is going."

He will begin work next week and his first assignment will be an unofficial Twenty20 tri-series in Zimbabwe, which will also feature South Africa. Pybus knows the vast majority of the South African players and said the series will give him a good opportunity to assess the team, "get to know the players and find out what makes them tick."

His family, including two young children, will remain in South Africa for now, but Pybus has not ruled out the possibility of moving them to Bangladesh once he has settled in.

TigerEz
May 30, 2012, 03:28 PM
welcome to our coach! lets start tearing teams apart now!

cricket_pagol
May 30, 2012, 03:28 PM
Excited to have Pybus with us, I hope he stops by BC sometime in the future.

Purbasha T
May 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
Finally sorted out, I was already getting bored of this. :-p

FaHiMa
May 30, 2012, 03:34 PM
FINALLLYYYY! This took long enough. Welcome aboard, coach! :)

TigerEz
May 30, 2012, 04:21 PM
The 3 selectors are not very happy that he wanted to get involved with the selection process but Akram Khan has also said that he believes,they'll not have any conflicts.I just hope Siddons er moto ektu terami koira hoileo Pybus mama o Mr. Kamal er team e haat dewa ta ektu komaite parbe

Ajfar
May 30, 2012, 05:12 PM

Welcome new coach to Bangladesh Cricket

It's not we got away cheaply, its amader daam eto na. Considering our teams situation Pybus is pretty pricey. Hopefully he will show us he is worth spending on. Good luck coach.

Miraz
May 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
Welcome to our land Richard!! Hopefully you will take the Tigers to the next level. We are nearly there!!

firstlane
May 30, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ready for 'fantastic challenge' - Pybus
Firdose Moonda, ESPNcricinfo (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/566745.html)

I like what he said. Very insightful and encouraging. But I wouldnt expect a miracle overnight. Will give him some time before I come to a conclusion.

Ian Pont
May 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
There is no doubt, just so that all fans realise, that in Richard Pybus you have a top-notch coach. 100%.

He has a tremendous track record of success and doing things HIS way. This can only work if he has complete control over his team and who is being fed into the team. It appears he has that and I am guessing this would have been one of his big demands.

No disrespect to the selectors but we have had way too many dramas over selection and also a misunderstanding of talent in my view. With RP there will be no favours, no friends and no agendas. Just selection based on those who prove their worth and deserve to be there.

it is interesting he mentions structures in his interview and getting the platform right. This is of course what every single coach who has come and gone, has said. I just wonder whether he is being given the brief to tackle this? Because he has to bash the heads of the teams in the DPL together first and stop the appalling way domestic cricket is run, to have any joy there.

One thing you can be sure of as fans - RP will give his very best and will expect COMPLETE acceptance of his regime. There will be no let up from him in his desire to make people excel. So in this sense, he is going to shake things up over time.

There will be fall outs for sure. There will be blood on the carpet no doubt. There will be tears and tantrums from some of the big names. But if he gets the backing from the board he needs to have a chance, then he might take the squad on an upwards trend.

Note to the players - PARTY TIME IS OVER.
Note to support staff - BUCKLE UP FOR THE RIDE
Note to board - YOU HAVE OPENED PANDORAS BOX
Note to fans - SUPPORT THIS GUY, YOU HAVE A WINNER

Ian Pont
May 30, 2012, 08:48 PM

The salaries are quoted as guesses by the media and are widely available. My point is the BCB themselves mentioned the salary. You do not usually get the ECB, Cricket Australia etc etc welcoming a coach and telling what his salary is and what the negotiations have been!

In fact the whole process of leaking what a coach demands, is quite distasteful. You don't come running out of a meeting to tell the media what private details have been discussed. Why not just let the media into the meetings if you're gonna leak this stuff?

Nothing is a secret in Bangladesh though. In many meetings I had with key people there were half a dozen others waiting to do business or getting things signed, simply listening in and looking at private stuff. I always asked for the room to be cleared so I could speak openly and freely without the 'cleaner' knowing my business.

I think if you have to ask for privacy, then people don't understand the meaning of it.

Gowza
May 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
as long as he keeps the team on an upward trend i'm happy, bring in the right players, develop them. if he can work out the domestic system issue then power to him but this is something that has been ongoing for so long and none of the other coaches have succeeded with it. anyway he has some good talent to work with as shuvagata, anamul, mominul, asif, shabbir and abul are waiting in the wings and have a lot of room to grow still, taskin ahmed might be young but he's a great prospect and i hope some of the u19s get a bit of time with the coach plus the ones who are already the core of the team in shakib, tamim, rahim, nasir, mash, nazmul.

Gowza
May 30, 2012, 08:52 PM
The salaries are quoted as guesses by the media and are widely available. My point is the BCB themselves mentioned the salary. You do not usually get the ECB, Cricket Australia etc etc welcoming a coach and telling what his salary is and what the negotiations have been!

In fact the whole process of leaking what a coach demands, is quite distasteful. You don't come running out of a meeting to tell the media what private details have been discussed. Why not just let the media into the meetings if you're gonna leak this stuff?

Nothing is a secret in Bangladesh though. In many meetings I had with key people there were half a dozen others waiting to do business or getting things signed, simply listening in and looking at private stuff. I always asked for the room to be cleared so I could speak openly and freely without the 'cleaner' knowing my business.

I think if you have to ask for privacy, then people don't understand the meaning of it.

this is true, besides it's not just something regarding cricket and cricket coaches, generally most people and most professionals around the world don't disclose information regarding the salary, it's just not done, people don't want that information to be public knowledge.

Sohel
May 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
RiPy looks to be the Dido of our cricket. I hope he's not hounded out like Dido because he HAD to upset the status quo in order to get things going the right way.

Ian Pont
May 30, 2012, 10:56 PM
RiPy looks to be the Dido of our cricket. I hope he's not hounded out like Dido because he HAD to upset the status quo in order to get things going the right way.

This is insightful again and truly the crux of the matter.

How long can the establishment and players protect what they have been used to when the realisation that changes are planned hits them?

Sohel
May 30, 2012, 11:17 PM
This is insightful again and truly the crux of the matter.

How long can the establishment and players protect what they have been used to when the realisation that changes are planned hits them?

Thanks Ian. FYI: Dido was a passionate and headstrong Brazilian hired to coach the Bangladesh national soccer team. He sought to replace pretty much the entire team with a group of younger and fitter players he could work with. He was also relentless in his pursuit of better infrastructure and more professionalism from top to bottom. He was fired but his youngsters won the South Asian Championship in 2009 anyway.

Lotus and company live in a bubble mirrored on the inside. I don't think they know what they're in for. The tradition in BCB has been to give the natural progression of certain players with ability just enough nudge to claim undue credit, and justify the baffling inclusion of dead weight riding the same coattails.

Pybus in comparison seems to have come equipped with a treadmill permanently stuck in sprint mode, something we need in light of the hallmark stagnation and one-step-forward-two-steps-back-followed-by-an-unsustainable-leap pretty much defining our cricket culture ever since we obtained test status, in no small part because of the remarkable passion and loyalty of Bangladeshi cricket fans who continue to hope for the best.

The trouble with that proverbial treadmill is that only Pybus controls the speed, and you'll be thrown off the belt if you can't keep up. So the BCB will find themselves forced to make one of only two choices before they know it. One: keep their egos out of cricket and let Pybus do things his way while holding him reasonably accountable AND proactively supporting him; or two: send him packing with his treadmill. Well, one can always hope even without any precedence whatsoever :)

Crickbang
May 31, 2012, 12:00 AM
You know what? I am all in on Pybus now. Old-school, no-nonsense type who will keep these players on their toes 24/7. Go get 'em boys. He might give our guys some tough love in every match like this:

RP: DO YOU HEAR ME BOYSSS???? GO OUT AND START UP FAST!!! LEAVE NOTHING ON THE FIELD!! COME OUT SWINGING!!! GO GET 'EM BOYS!!!

No I wasn't yelling. So please don't ban me guys. That was Coach Pybus giving prep-talk to our team :)

Ace of BD
May 31, 2012, 03:06 AM
dont wanna hear the crap we are here to play good cricket...talk and plan to win world cups, starting this september, shame to hear afghanis talking how they dream to win world cup one day, and all of us here scared to even dream, wish our previous coaches atleast had mentality like ATMR and other such fans in BC, we would have made a lot of progress earlier. you can only go far as you dream......this is one of the reasons i wanted dermot reeve, he openly talked about "trying to win world cup t20 2012", which several of our coaches were hesitant to even say before that includes pont, law, siddons..no more bs plz..world wont respect u with a win here and there, need to win major tournaments and world championships, thats how u earn respect

Maysun
May 31, 2012, 03:19 AM
^ judging before he even landed in Dhaka?

Ace of BD
May 31, 2012, 03:20 AM
^ judging before he even landed in Dhaka?

nope, not judging him......just told what i expect from him, and he better be like that based on his salary...

Kohli_Sox
May 31, 2012, 03:30 AM
dont wanna hear the crap we are here to play good cricket...talk and plan to win world cups, starting this september, shame to hear afghanis talking how they dream to win world cup one day, and all of us here scared to even dream, wish our previous coaches atleast had mentality like ATMR and other such fans in BC, we would have made a lot of progress earlier. you can only go far as you dream......this is one of the reasons i wanted dermot reeve, he openly talked about "trying to win world cup t20 2012", which several of our coaches were hesitant to even say before that includes pont, law, siddons..no more bs plz..world wont respect u with a win here and there, need to win major tournaments and world championships, thats how u earn respect

I hope you know who is Dermot Reeve. He is one of the most controversial coaches around. Some teams won't even want him for free coaching. One line or two doesn't make anyone superior.

Ace of BD
May 31, 2012, 03:33 AM
I hope you know who is Dermot Reeve. He is one of the most controversial coaches around. Some teams won't even want him for free coaching. One line or two doesn't make anyone superior.

see, i think there was a discussion going around about him before in the coach hunt thread, and am sure many of the members here had positive views abt him......but lets move on..its richard pybus, so let him fulfill our expectations, by hook or crook

Kohli_Sox
May 31, 2012, 03:41 AM
see, i think there was a discussion going around about him before in the coach hunt thread, and am sure many of the members here had positive views abt him......but lets move on..its richard pybus, so let him fulfill our expectations, by hook or crook

yes let's move on, good luck to Pybus

Ian Pont
May 31, 2012, 04:12 AM

Bhai..there's a difference between trying to win the WC and saying you are going to win it. Every coach and all the players are TRYING to win every game. There's a reality too. And sometimes fans go completely overboard about we want to win the WC and if we don't then such and such a coach is a failure.

I can assure you every coach wants to win every competition they are in. Whether you say that out loud or not doesn't mean you are or you are not. It's what is said to the players behind closed door that matters. Not sound bites to the media, just to sound good.

When I did my press conference for the Dhaka Gladiators, I said we are in the BPL to win it. The press commented (in Bengali) that I had made a bold statement and it was a bit foolish. But what was foolish? That we had come to try to win? They got confused, as so many do here, that I said we are GOING to win it.

Make the distinction. All coaches are here to win, bhai. I can assure you that dressing room talk is always and only of winning.

Kohli_Sox
May 31, 2012, 04:23 AM
Bhai..there's a difference between trying to win the WC and saying you are going to win it. Every coach and all the players are TRYING to win every game. There's a reality too. And sometimes fans go completely overboard about we want to win the WC and if we don't then such and such a coach is a failure.

I can assure you every coach wants to win every competition they are in. Whether you say that out loud or not doesn't mean you are or you are not. It's what is said to the players behind closed door that matters. Not sound bites to the media, just to sound good.

When I did my press conference for the Dhaka Gladiators, I said we are in the BPL to win it. The press commented (in Bengali) that I had made a bold statement and it was a bit foolish. But what was foolish? That we had come to try to win? They got confused, as so many do here, that I said we are GOING to win it.

Make the distinction. All coaches are here to win, bhai. I can assure you that dressing room talk is always and only of winning.

I completely agree with Ian Pont here. Either one says it out loud or not, every coach and team goes out there to win. It doesn't necessarily mean everytime one has to say it out loud to media.

S.Ontique
May 31, 2012, 04:56 AM
I like that particularly for one reason.He has expertise in nurturing new talents.He has helped morkel brothers,Steyn and a lots of other players in their early days.We have a very very young team and more promising youngsters are coming forward.He can be the person who can show them the right way and build a team for our future.The focus should not be series by series,the focus should be set on 2015 World Cup.We need to have a well set team by 2014.Hope he can do it.All the best to him :)

S.Ontique
May 31, 2012, 05:01 AM

Yah I agree with Pont here.Salaries are private and it shouldn't be disclosed.But sadly that has been happening in Bangladesh for ages.I think the coaches also got use to this :P
Now I only hope this works out for us.Coz we need a set structure and a set team.Changing coaches and support staff frequently doesn't help the balance of the team :(

simon
May 31, 2012, 06:40 AM
welcome to BD Pybus, now we got someone new to bash :big_hug:
on a serious note
my un common sense tells me that it won't be a happy journey with him, oshubho jatra shuru hoilo.
ami kenojani mon theke Pybus ke niye khub ekta expectation korte parchi na...just sayin.

oronnya
May 31, 2012, 11:49 AM
welcome to BD Pybus, now we got someone new to bash :big_hug:
on a serious note
my un common sense tells me that it won't be a happy journey with him, oshubho jatra shuru hoilo.
ami kenojani mon theke Pybus ke niye khub ekta expectation korte parchi na...just sayin.

I'm with you... oshubho journey bhabchhi na kintu or previous record e mone hochhe koidin je survive korbe amader shathe Allah e jane... 2 din por por coach change is not a good sign..dekha jaak... my best wishes for him.. Hope he will get the best out of the team..

roman
May 31, 2012, 12:00 PM
Etto prediction ar dushchinta koren keno? enjoy the show till it lasts. He has all the qualities to be the best thing BD ever had, but his prior job durability worries me too. Law jokhon ashsilo tokhon onek negative kotha shunsi. Ei baar ektu positive thakun na :)

oronnya
May 31, 2012, 12:04 PM
Etto prediction ar dushchinta koren keno? enjoy the show till it lasts. He has all the qualities to be the best thing BD ever had, but his prior job durability worries me too. Law jokhon ashsilo tokhon onek negative kotha shunsi. Ei baar ektu positive thakun na :)

Achha positive thaklam..dekha jaak ki hoi.. :)

Ajfar
May 31, 2012, 07:07 PM
So how long till the pybus must go thread pops up? I give it till the end of T20 world cup.

zinatf
May 31, 2012, 07:09 PM
^Ahh! Let him first join the team and see how he goes...who knows....it can be the opposite

tejkuni
June 1, 2012, 08:19 AM
Yah I agree with Pont here.Salaries are private and it shouldn't be disclosed.But sadly that has been happening in Bangladesh for ages.I think the coaches also got use to this :P
Now I only hope this works out for us.Coz we need a set structure and a set team.Changing coaches and support staff frequently doesn't help the balance of the team :(

As far I know in America the salaries of the coaches and the players of NBA, NFL, College Football or College Basketball are usually known to the public.

nakedzero
June 1, 2012, 08:29 AM
Welcome Richard Pybus and Good Luck :)

zinatf
June 1, 2012, 08:37 AM
As far I know in America the salaries of the coaches and the players of NBA, NFL, College Football or College Basketball are usually known to the public.

Tejkuni apa! Eta Bangladesh! Tar opor diye BCB! Eder opore keur kotha chole na :-|

Maysun
June 1, 2012, 08:40 AM

Even in Football, the salaries of the coaches/managers are usually revealed.

tejkuni
June 1, 2012, 08:45 AM

In fact the whole process of leaking what a coach demands, is quite distasteful. You don't come running out of a meeting to tell the media what private details have been discussed. Why not just let the media into the meetings if you're gonna leak this stuff?-----------------

In America usually these are public info. Here is an example:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/story/2012-03-28/ncaa-coaches-salary-database/53827374/1

zinatf
June 1, 2012, 11:37 AM
Heard that Pybus is coming to Dhaka tomorrow...great!!

Ahh finally will be witnessing tigers after 2 and a half months!

S.Ontique
June 1, 2012, 04:15 PM
Heard that Pybus is coming to Dhaka tomorrow...great!!

Ahh finally will be witnessing tigers after 2 and a half months!

Yes Pybus is coming today by evening I guess.But the players are busy with DPL.Mushfique said the players will all meet him anytime in this week.Excited to see his approach.Let the journey begin.Hope he will have a long term plan with the team and he will stay with the team for a longer period of time.

zinatf
June 2, 2012, 08:42 AM
Any updates on Pybus' arrival?

Zunaid
June 2, 2012, 08:54 AM
Any updates on Pybus' arrival?

He is arriving (or has arrived) tonight.

zinatf
June 2, 2012, 09:19 AM
Just saw a pic on Grant Luden's Twitter account....all the media personnel are clicking photos of some one arriving....guess he has finally arrived!

Welcome to Bangladesh, Coach :)

Crickbang
June 2, 2012, 10:44 AM
As they would say: "The Eagle has Landed." He's on the ground officially. That pic was taken after he came out of On-Arrival Visa at the airport. It's official. He's in.

Crickbang
June 2, 2012, 10:45 AM
জাতীয় দলের কোচ পাইবাস এখন ঢাকায়
স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম

ঢাকা: জাতীয় দলের প্রধান কোচ রিচার্ড পাইবাস ঢাকায় এসেছেন। শনিবার সন্ধ্যায় হযরত শাহজালাল আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে এসে পৌঁছান তিনি।

দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় বসতি গড়া এই ইংলিশ কোচ ‘অন-অ্যারাইভেল’ ভিসা নিয়ে ‘ইমিগ্রেশন’ পার হন। বাংলাদেশের নতুন কোচ রোববার থেকে কাজে লেগে পড়বেন বলে জানিয়েছে বিসিবি ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা বিভাগ।

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)’র সঙ্গে আপাতত দুই বছরের চুক্তি হবে জাতীয় দলের নতুন কোচের। স্টুয়ার্ট ল’র উত্তরসূরী পাইবাস ১২ জুন জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে যাবেন ত্রিদেশীয় টি-টোয়েন্টি সিরিজে খেলার জন্য।

পাইবাস ১৯৯৯-২০০১ ও ২০০৩ সালে পাকিস্তান জাতীয় দলের প্রধান কোচ হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করেছেন। এরপর কোন আন্তর্জাতিক দলের কোচ ছিলেন না। দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় তিনটি ক্লাব ও ফ্রেঞ্চাইজি দলের কোচ ছিলেন। সেখানে তার অনেকগুলো সাফল্য আছে। দুটি দলের হয়ে অন্তত আটটি শিরোপা জিতেছেন। বাংলাদেশে কোচের দায়িত্বকে চ্যালেঞ্জ হিসেবে নিয়েছেন পাইবাস। বিমানবন্দরে সাংবাদিকদের তিনি বলছিলেন,‘বাংলাদেশ দল যে জায়গায় পৌঁছে গেছে তার ধারাবাহিকতা রক্ষা করা আমার দায়িত্ব। সবার আগে খেলোড়দের সঙ্গে পরিচিত হতে চাই। পরস্পরকে ভালো ভাবে জেনে নিতে পারলে কাজটা সহজ হয়ে যাবে।’

পাকিস্তানের পর আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে কাজের সুযোগ পেয়েছেন পাইবাস। টেস্ট ও ওয়ানডে ক্রিকেটে জয়ের মানষিকতা গড়ে তোলার লক্ষ্যে কাজ করবেন বলে জানান ইংলিশ কোচ,‘আমি এখানে চ্যালেঞ্জ নিতে এসেছি। এমন একটি তরুণ এবং প্রতিভাবান দলের সঙ্গে কাজ করার আনন্দ অনেক। এই দলে অনেক প্রতিভাবান ক্রিকেটার আছে। তাদেরকে এগিয়ে নেওয়া হবে আমার দায়িত্ব।’

জাতীয় দলের প্রধান কোচ হিসেবে আনুষ্ঠানিক ঘোষণা দিলেও বিসিবির সঙ্গে চুক্তি হয়নি বলে সাংবাদিকদের জানান পাইবাস। রোববারই হয়তো বিসিবির সঙ্গে তার চুক্তি সম্পন্ন হবে।

Equinox
June 2, 2012, 10:49 AM
So Grant went to receive him?

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 11:28 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AuY_ULeCQAADq0M.jpg:large

from grant ludens twitter

damn curious @$$ people

Crickbang
June 2, 2012, 11:47 AM
clean-shaved Pybus on bdnews24.com pic. If you are curious. On the other pic, I don't see anything else but a glimpse of his bald head. :)

http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2012May/SM/Harun-BCB-Coach-0220120602205023.jpg

Equinox
June 2, 2012, 12:30 PM
I want to know whether he has an English, Aussie or a S'African accent.

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 12:45 PM
Saw the channel-i new.....his accent is very American i have to tell you

MohammedC
June 2, 2012, 12:45 PM
I want to know whether he has an English, Aussie or a S'African accent.

South African accent but not strong like Jacque Kallis. I posted a video in BC FB page from his earlier visit.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=406475016058883

Crickbang
June 2, 2012, 01:00 PM
I tell ya dude means business. Ain't gonna take crap from Loitta or anybody. Boys, party time is over. Starting tomorrow, you will get some tough love from your beloved new coach.

Nocturnal
June 2, 2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome Coach. Hope you enjoy your term with us :)

Shock
June 2, 2012, 08:54 PM
his monthly income is 20000 dollar. O god, a third world country like bd spending so much on cricket, why not spend that money to open various cultural, sports clubs for young generation. This pibous guy is a daku...too much

BD Rox
June 3, 2012, 06:50 AM
his monthly income is 20000 dollar. O god, a third world country like bd spending so much on cricket, why not spend that money to open various cultural, sports clubs for young generation. This pibous guy is a daku...too much

Spot on!
'Ak boshor pore uni palai jabo'.

Naimul_Hd
June 3, 2012, 08:54 AM
[বাংলা]জাতীয় দলের অনুশীলন দেখলেন পাইবাস

<hr style="border: 1px solid rgb(214, 214, 214);" color="#fff" width="100%"> স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td>http://www.banglanews24.com/images/imgAll/2012May/BD-practise-sm20120603183137.jpg</td></tr> <tr><td>ছবি: শোয়েব মিথুন/বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
</td></tr> </tbody></table> ঢাকা: জাতীয় দলের বেশির ভাগ ক্রিকেটার প্রিমিয়ার লিগ নিয়ে ব্যস্ত থাকায় হাতে গোনা পাঁচ থেকে ছয়জনকে নিয়ে অনুশীলন ক্যাম্প চলছে। প্রধান কোচ রিচার্ড পাইবাস রোববার তাদের অনুশীলন দেখেছেন।

আগের দিন সন্ধ্যায় ঢাকা এসে রোববার সকাল থেকে কাজে লেগে পড়েন নতুন কোচ পাইবাস। মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়ামের ইনডোর সংলগ্ন নেটে পাঁচ ক্রিকেটারের ব্যাটিং সেশন দেখেছেন তিনি। মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা, আব্দুর রাজ্জাক, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী, নাজমুল হোসেন ও শফিউল ইসলাম অনুশীলন করেছেন। একমাত্র শফিউল ছাড়া বাকি চারজনই জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে যাবেন ত্রিদেশীয় টি-টোয়েন্টি সিরিজ খেলার জন্য।

জাতীয় দলের ক্রিকেটারদের সম্পর্কে একটা পরিষ্কার ধারণা নেওয়ার চেষ্টা করছেন পাইবাস। অনুশীলন শেষে জাতীয় দল নির্বাচকদের সঙ্গে বসেছিলেন প্রধান কোচ। নির্বাচকদের কাছ থেকে খেলোয়াড় এবং দেশের ক্রিকেট সম্পর্কে একটা ধারণা পেয়েছেন তিনি।

প্রধান নির্বাচক আকরাম খান জানান, ‘খেলোয়াড়দের সম্পর্কে তাকে একটা ধারণা আমরা দিয়েছি। যেহেতু লিগের কারণে ক্যাম্পে বেশি খেলোয়াড় নেই, তাকে বলেছি লিগের খেলা দেখতে যাওয়ার জন্য। তিনি খেলা দেখতে যাবেন। কোচ আমাদের জানালেন তিনি একটা চ্যালেঞ্জ নিতে এসেছেন। ভালো লেগেছে তার সঙ্গে কথা বলে। আমার মনে হয় ভালো হবে।’

পাকিস্তানে লম্বা একটা সময় কাজের অভিজ্ঞতা আছে রিচার্ড পাইবাসের। পূর্বের অভিজ্ঞতা কাজে লাগিয়ে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)’র সঙ্গে মানিয়ে কাজ করার মানসিক প্রস্তুতিও নিয়ে ফেলেছেন এই ইংলিশ কোচ। যদিও পাকিস্তানের মতো বাংলাদেশে কোচের কাজে এত বেশি হস্তক্ষেপ হয় না। জাতীয় দল নির্বাচনে যা একটু পরামর্শ দেন বিসিবি সভাপতি। দু’একজন পরিচালকও অতি উৎসাহি হয়ে নির্বাচকদের নির্দেশনা দিয়ে থাকেন। অবশ্য পাইবাসের কাজে এসব বাধা হতে নাও পারে। জাতীয় দলের বিষয়ে বোর্ড পরিচালকদের হস্তক্ষেপ যাতে না হয় সে জন্য চুক্তিতে একটি শর্ত জুড়ে দিয়েছেন বিসিবিকে।

বয়সভিত্তিক দলের পেছনে অনেক অর্থ খরচ করলেও সে ভাবে ক্রিকেটার উঠে আসছে না বলে জাতীয় দল নির্বাচকদের ধারণা। এই অন্তরায় থেকে উত্তরণের জন্য পাইবাসের সাহায্য এবং সহযোগিতা কামনা করেছেন তারা। একটি গাইডলাইন দেওয়ার জন্য প্রধান কোচকে অনুরোধও করা হয়েছে। কোচও নির্বাচকদের আশ্বস্ত করেছেন এই চ্যালেঞ্জ তিনি নিবেন।

আগামী কয়েকটা দিন পাইবাসের খুব একটা ব্যস্ততা থাকবে না। পরিচিত হতে হতে জিম্বাবুয়ে সফরে যাওয়ার সময় ঘনিয়ে আসবে। সোমবার বিসিবি কার্যনির্বাহী কমিটির সভায় পরিচালকদের সঙ্গে পরিচয় করিয়ে দেওয়া হবে নতুন কোচকে। তার আগে বিসিবি সভাপতি আ হ ম মোস্তফা কামাল সংবাদ সম্মেলন করে কোচকে আনুষ্ঠানিক পরিচয় করিয়ে দিতে পারেন গণমাধ্যমের কাছে।
[/বাংলা]

banglanews (http://banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=dc4110a0062ce3bee77f59f565e98 97b&nttl=03062012116289)

Naimul_Hd
June 3, 2012, 08:56 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/318017_322073931204064_1349725248_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/375781_322073907870733_187494924661966_753224_1225 154804_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578337_322073887870735_65794512_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269345_322073861204071_1404592297_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551677_322073827870741_1145489093_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282782_322073781204079_26815407_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224962_322073724537418_1221944892_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562435_322073751204082_187494924661966_753218_9125 08407_n.jpg

Ian Pont
June 3, 2012, 09:03 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/318017_322073931204064_1349725248_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/375781_322073907870733_187494924661966_753224_1225 154804_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578337_322073887870735_65794512_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269345_322073861204071_1404592297_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/551677_322073827870741_1145489093_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/282782_322073781204079_26815407_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224962_322073724537418_1221944892_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562435_322073751204082_187494924661966_753218_9125 08407_n.jpg

If anyone gets an pics of RP smiling, it would be great!

Looks like everyone is in for a miserable time..LOL

Naimul_Hd
June 3, 2012, 09:13 AM

I can see him smiling :)

zinatf
June 3, 2012, 09:28 AM
^Ahh! Good to see Pybus in action :)

BD Rox
June 3, 2012, 09:36 AM
Brother looks dejected in every pic.:facepalm:

zinatf
June 3, 2012, 09:37 AM
^No! He's actually smiling with Mash ;)

BD Rox
June 3, 2012, 09:48 AM
^No! He's actually smiling with Mash ;)

Eventually & what ever, this guy is every weird. Trust me.
Won't last long.

MohammedC
June 3, 2012, 09:56 AM

Deja Vu.....

If I am not mistaken Junaid was there to meet Jamie Siddons when he first came to Bangladesh.

Nadim
June 3, 2012, 10:06 AM

Have a look at those pics again :facepalm:

BD Rox
June 3, 2012, 10:07 AM
ঢাকা: জেমি সিডন্স পরবর্তী কোচ স্টুয়ার্ট ল’র দলে জায়গা হয়নি জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকীর। নতুন কোচ রিচার্ড পাইবাসের অধীনে প্রথম থেকে থাকছেন। জুনায়েদের জন্য এটা একটা দারুণ সুযোগ। রোববার মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় ক্রিকেট স্টেডিয়াম ইনডোর সংলগ্ন নেটে ব্যাটিং শেষে ভবিষ্যৎ নিয়ে বলছিলেন জুনায়েদ।

প্রশ্ন: জুনায়েদ কোচ কেমন দেখলেন?

জুনায়েদ: আসলে আজ প্রথম নেটে ব্যাটিং করছি। তেমন ভাবে কথা বলার সুযোগ হয়নি। কিন্তু মনে হচ্ছে অনেক ইতিবাচক হবেন।

প্রশ্ন: ব্যাটিং নিয়ে আপনাকে কিছু বলেছেন?

জুনায়েদ: এখনপর্যন্ত আমি নেটে ব্যাটিং করেছি। অন্য সবাই প্রিমিয়ার লিগ নিয়ে ব্যস্ত। ব্যাটিংয়ের সময় তিনি আমাকে কোনো কিছু বলেন নি। পরে হয়তো বলবেন।

প্রশ্ন: অনেক সময় নতুন কোচ এসে ব্যাটিং টেকনিক বদলাতে বলেন। আপনার কি মনে হয় পাইবাস তেমন কিছু করতে পারেন?

জুনায়েদ: আসলে একজন কোচের সঙ্গে লম্বা সময় ধরে কাজ করলে বোঝা যাবে তিনি কি করতে চান। আর এটা খুব স্বাভাবিক প্রত্যেক ব্যাটসম্যান তার স্বাভাবিক খেলা খেলতে চায়। যেহেতু এখনপর্যন্ত ওরকম বলার মতো কিছু আসে নি। তিনি কি করবেন তা বুঝতে পারবো পরে।

প্রশ্ন: স্টুয়ার্ট ল আসার পর আপনি জাতীয় দলে ছিলেন না। বর্তমান কোচের অধীনে প্রথম থেকে খেলার সুযোগ পাচ্ছেন। এটাকে একটা সুযোগ মনে হচ্ছে আপনার?

জুনায়েদ: যেহেতু পেশাদার ক্রিকেটার, যে কোচই আসুক না কেন আমাদের ভালো ক্রিকেট খেলতে হবে। কোচ এখানে অবশ্যই ফ্যাক্টর, তারপরেও নিজেকে সব পজিশনে মানিয়ে নিতে হবে।

প্রশ্ন: জিম্বাবুয়েতে স্টুয়ার্ট ল’র সময়ে ভালো করতে পারেননি। এবার কি ধরণের ফল আশা করছেন?

জুনায়েদ: অবশ্যই আমরা চেষ্টা করবো যাতে ইতিবাচক ফলাফল নিয়ে আসতে পারি। যেটা হয়ে গেছে সেটা চিন্তা করলে নেতিবাচক জিনিস মাথায় আসবে। আমরা ইতিবাচক চিন্তা করবো। ভালো কিছু করে দেখানোর চেষ্টা করবো।

প্রশ্ন: অনেকদিন আপনি দলের বাইরে ছিলেন। টি-টোয়েন্টি দলে সুযোগ পেয়েছেন। এটাকে কিভাবে কাজে লাগাতে চান?

জুনায়েদ: হ্যাঁ, অনেক দিন পরে দলে ফিরেছি। আমি চেষ্টা করবো এখানে ভালো খেলে অন্য ক্রিকেটেও জায়গা করে নেওয়ার।

প্রশ্ন: বিপিএলে অনেক টি-টোয়েন্টি ম্যাচ খেলেছেন। এটা বিশ্বকাপে আপনাদের কতটা কাজে লাগবে?

জুনায়েদ: বিপিএল আমাদের ক্রিকেটে একটা অর্জন। বিপিএল খেলার পর থেকে প্রতিটি খেলোয়াড়ের মধ্যে পেশাদারিত্ব গড়ে উঠেছে। বিপিএলের পরে এশিয়া কাপের রেজাল্ট ভালো ছিলো। বিপিএলের বিদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের সঙ্গে অভিজ্ঞতা শেয়ার করেছে সবাই। এটা অবশ্যই কাজে লাগবে টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপে।

Hmm....Junaid is desperate to make a come back.
In my views, he isn't consistent at all. He has a very poor technique. Plays cross bat shots, and that's the obstacle that is stopping him from lasting long.

MSM B2C
June 3, 2012, 10:17 AM
I am big Fan of Richard Pybus! Those that are indirectly critising him, I don't know what to say!

1) He has proven records at Domestic level unlike some.... who are yapping alot. It takes time for someone to understand the Bangladesh Cricket System!

2) He has won the Coach of the year in 2009, Proven! In domestic cricket unlike some that critise him.

3) He has better records and betters stats then most that yap alot, I really hope he makes some face's into...

4) Pybus will have success, I await to see those that critise him.... how they react. its very sad

BD Rox
June 3, 2012, 10:20 AM
I am big Fan of Richard Pybus! Those that are indirectly critising him, I don't know what to say!

1) He has proven records at Domestic level unlike some.... who are yapping alot. It takes time for someone to understand the Bangladesh Cricket System!

2) He has won the Coach of the year in 2009, Proven! In domestic cricket unlike some that critise him.

3) He has better records and betters stats then most that yap alot, I really hope he makes some face's into...

4) Pybus will have success, I await to see those that critise him.... how they react. its very sad

Oooo....
Calm down, fella.

Ace of BD
June 3, 2012, 11:49 AM
the fact that junaid still couldnt impress rp means good for us...he's simply not gonna select players unlike siddons who kept on saying "this is the best we've got"

TigerEz
June 3, 2012, 12:24 PM
I hope that threesome pair of Junaid_Rockibul_Jamie era doesnt return again.

MohammedC
June 3, 2012, 01:34 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MX8yYh-BQ10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@ 0.45 sec Abdur Razzak gets the out the same fashion exposing his leg. I have seen him do it few times.

Kohli_Sox
June 3, 2012, 02:09 PM
no surprise Junaid is right up there from day 1

Crickbang
June 3, 2012, 02:26 PM
Man enough of these "oh why doesn't he smile at the camera?" talk. I am already liking this guy for his toughness. We needed a boot camp drill sergeant like him during last year's WC. Maybe the results would have been much different then. And RP, please don't take that "showcase" Junaid in the team ever again. He's trying to advertise his sub-per skills to RP to gain favors. Pybus isn't that type of a coach I can sense that pretty well. THE 11 BEST GUYS WILL PLAY ULTIMATELY. Also, no more of this "it's all about Tamim and Shakib or else we just tank and fall on our faces." Pybus believes in team effort and contribution from everybody, even from the reserves when they are not playing. We have to play hard-nosed and disciplined cricket. GO GET 'EM!

Crickbang
June 3, 2012, 02:34 PM
In another note, I am pretty sure Tamim will lose some heavy chunks of weight under Pybus' coaching in the next six months. He's way out of shape for a guy at his age.

Kohli_Sox
June 3, 2012, 02:36 PM
Man enough of these "oh why doesn't he smile at the camera?" talk. I am already liking this guy for his toughness. We needed a boot camp drill sergeant like him during last year's WC. Maybe the results would have been much different then. And RP, please don't take that "showcase" Junaid in the team ever again. He's trying to advertise his sub-per skills to RP to gain favors. Pybus isn't that type of a coach I can sense that pretty well. THE 11 BEST GUYS WILL PLAY ULTIMATELY. Also, no more of this "it's all about Tamim and Shakib or else we just tank and fall on our faces." Pybus believes in team effort and contribution from everybody, even from the reserves when they are not playing. We have to play hard-nosed and disciplined cricket. GO GET 'EM!

But not a boot camp sergeant in the vein of Greg Chappell LOL. Important that players don't get scared of talking to him. The balance ought to be right especially when as a nation we are very emotional as well. Maybe the tough drill with SA players worked great for him but with BD it might just be the opposite so he has to quickly find what clicks our players.

Zeeshan
June 3, 2012, 06:25 PM
Congrats Coach!

(Btw..ei niye koyta sticky paila Razi??)

Zeeshan
June 3, 2012, 07:10 PM
'Trust is everything'

Quiet first day for Pybus

http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2012/06/04/2012-06-04__sport01.jpg (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/photo_gallery.php?pid=236851)<small class="fixedcap">

Bangladesh's new coach Richard Pybus (4th from R) is being introduced to the Tigers during a training session at the Mirpur indoors yesterday. Photo: STAR
</small>Sports Reporter

Richard Pybus has said that gaining the confidence of the players would be of paramount importance in his new job.
The newest coach of the Bangladesh cricket team took a look at training yesterday at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in his first day in the country after being appointed by the Bangladesh Cricket Board. He will be officially presented later today, but appeared part of the group already.
The 47-year-old Englishman, who has been coaching in South Africa since his twenties and is now settled in Cape Town, was briefly introduced to the national cricketers before having an informal meeting with the national selectors.
He is taking over at a time when Bangladesh cricket is on a high after the success during the Asia Cup, so for Pybus to start from scratch with a settled group of cricketers would be a challenge. But he believes that trust is all it takes to bring out the best in players.
"I think the most important part of my job is to gain trust, the players and I have to trust each other," he said.
"Even before we get into the cricket, I have to understand every player and what he's all about and gain his trust.
"It is very important that we can trust each other and that will help us to work well," he added.
Among other issues, Pybus would have to make new plans for his batsmen after the ICC's cricket committee recommended the number of bouncers permitted in an ODI over be increased to two. Since it is too early for him to make a comment on any cricketing matters, Pybus shared some of his philosophy on different styles of batting.
"Every individual has a different style. Someone can be orthodox and even then can be successful," he said.
Among the few members of the Zimbabwe-bound team who were at the indoor facilities during training yesterday, only Junaed Siddiqui batted in the nets while the rest were bowlers like Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Shafiul Islam, Abdur Razzak, etc.
"After working with a coach for a long time we can understand what is going on in his mind. Naturally every batsman has his individual style and wants to continue with that," said Junaed.
"We are professional cricketers so no matter who comes in as a coach we have to play well. Coach is certainly a factor but we have to adjust to different conditions.
"Today is the first time I'm batting in the nets. I didn't have the chance to talk a lot with him but from what I've seen he looks to be positive," he added.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=236851

BengaliPagol
June 4, 2012, 12:08 AM
^why was Junaed the only one batting in the nets?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Gowza
June 4, 2012, 12:33 AM
so out of the batsmen only junaid turned up? plus bowlers have to practise batting to.....anyway i hope the new coach works out and BD move onward and upward.

Sohel
June 4, 2012, 04:12 AM
I'm feeling really good about RP being here even at this early stage, and will continue to feel that as long as he sticks around and puts up a fight. Not easily charmed and not at all afraid to say what needs to be said, he looks absolutely set to shake things up his way. The party is indeed over for many. I just hope, for the sake of our cricket, that it's just beginning for him and the more than 150 million passionate fans who want to see our guys do consistently the best of what they've done.

Power to the Pybus!

Ian Pont
June 4, 2012, 08:18 AM
I'm feeling really good about RP being here even at this early stage, and will continue to feel that as long as he sticks around and puts up a fight. Not easily charmed and not at all afraid to say what needs to be said, he looks absolutely set to shake things up his way. The party is indeed over for many. I just hope, for the sake of our cricket, that it's just beginning for him and the more than 150 million passionate fans who want to see our guys do consistently the best of what they've done.

Power to the Pybus!

Yes again you make great observations! As I have always said RP is a terrific coach and bangladesh cricket should be very thankful to have a coach of his wonderful record domestically.

Is without a doubt the toughest coach out there at the moment and will absolutely take no prisoners if people don't do things his way - staff included.

I feel everyone should get behind him and let him have a 12 month period at getting things done his way. Don't look at the results to judge him as has happened with other Head Coaches too soon. I am sure he will do wonderful things for Bangladesh if he is allowed to implement his plans.

zinatf
June 4, 2012, 08:34 AM
^Thanks for your post Ian!

Hmmm...tantrums and tears from big names, eh? Can't wait to see....

Also, looking forward to the way the board/selectors deals with RP!

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 10:30 AM
Can we call Richard Pybus as Pybus otherwise RP reminds me of awful RP Singh everytime!

MohammedC
June 4, 2012, 10:32 AM
Sorry bro who is RP Singh

Maysun
June 4, 2012, 11:17 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I just wanted to wish Richard Pybus all the very best in his new role as Bangladesh Head Coach. Great coach, tough job</p>&mdash; Ian Pont (@Ponty100mph) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ponty100mph/status/209679523158044672" data-datetime="2012-06-04T16:14:28+00:00">June 4, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

zsayeed
June 4, 2012, 11:32 AM
On the right path to foster belief. God speed! (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=236851)

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 12:14 PM
Sorry bro who is RP Singh

not this guy upfront but behind one frame lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ULfnitmr-8w/RqD0v-F7AFI/AAAAAAAAAPo/oyiUXQeRfqc/s400/sreesanth.jpg

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 12:29 PM
Pybus lays focus on team, not stars

"If you've got stars, you don't have a team," Pybus said in Dhaka on Monday. "I think the goal is to have a very strong team, where the players are playing for each other. It is important to leave our egos to one side and play for the badge and the country, making that the commitment. From my coaching experience, when you have a 'star' system, you've got problems."

"Test cricket is really the tree that grows your players," he said. "I am looking forward to playing stronger nations in Tests, that's the bottom line. As we work through the cricketing schedule, we'll make sure that we are doing everything in our power to be fully prepared [for Test cricket]."

"It is always nice to get away with a group of players rather than play at home, [without] the distractions you have when you're at home. Aside from this being an opportunity for the players to play high-level cricket, it'll be an opportunity for me to see how the team works. I don't want to change anything until I find out how it works."

"There's no magic wand here as a coach. It is about the desire, passion and skill level of the players. You need a core group of players, like in other countries. You need six to eight fast bowlers to fight for spots … There'll be no shortage of young spinners in Bangladesh because of the conditions, but out of all those spinners you need world-class spinners … When I talk of talent, I take it as a given anywhere around the world. It [coaching] is about maximising the talent."

Another excellent article on Cricinfo by Mohammed Isam.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/567280.html

zsayeed
June 4, 2012, 12:39 PM
And that is another attitude in the right direction. They need a star team, not the idolatry that BC fans do here. (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/567280.html) Everyone should be playing FC, and no more stars being rested. It is a habit, and idolatry is a bad habit that needs to be broken. Again, God Speed Pybus.

Nadim
June 4, 2012, 12:44 PM
maybe offtopic but worth sharing:

[বাংলা] জাতীয় দল ছাড়া আর কোনো এসাইনমেন্ট দেওয়া যাবে না এই শর্তে প্রধান কোচের চাকরিটা নিয়েছেন রিচার্ড পাইবাস। তবে তিনি জেচে কিছু করতে চাইলে আপত্তি করবে না বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)। এখন পাইবাস অতিরিক্ত কোনো কিছু দেখবেন কি না সেটাই হলো কথা।

যদিও কাজে যোগ দেওয়ার একদিন পরে ক্ষুদে পেসারদের নিয়ে ঘন্টা দুয়েক কাজ করলেন পাইবাস। জাতীয় দলের বোলিং কোচ শেন জার্গেনসন এবং পাইবাস তরুণ পেসারদের অনেক টিপস দিয়েছেন। বিশেষ করে ফলোথ্রু, লাইনলেন্স ঠিক রাখা এবং বোলিং ভেরিয়েশন শিখিয়েছেন জাতীয় দলের দুই কোচ।

যে ১৮ জন উদীয়মান পেসারদের স্কিল ডেভলপমেন্ট প্রোগ্রাম হচ্ছে তাদের মধ্য থেকে তালিকাটা ছোট করে আনা হবে। যাদের বলে গতি আছে তারা জাতীয় দলের নেটে বোলিংয়ের সুযোগ পাবেন। তখন প্রধান কোচ এবং বোলিং কোচের কাছ থেকেও স্কিল শিখতে পারবেন উদীয়মান পেস বোলাররা। [/বাংলা]

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=996e9ce027393d2da966996265609 7e0&nttl=20120604094145116668

Ian Pont
June 4, 2012, 01:23 PM

4) Pybus will have success, I await to see those that critise him.... how they react. its very sad that this people are rejected even for bowling coach's or batting specalist roles in other countries. Shame!

hahahaha, bhai. Richard is a colleague of mine. He was coach at Middlesex in 2007 when I was at Essex so we know each other well. We also played cricket for the same club, Halstead CC in Essex, where I arranged for Syed Rasel to play last year.

He has done brilliantly as a coach considering he never played a single first-class match and injuries turned him to coaching so young.

You obviously missed my way earlier glowing thumbs up for Richard, who by the way, has a great smile :floor:

S.Ontique
June 4, 2012, 01:26 PM
LoL Nadim98 I came in to share the same news.But you have shared it already.But posting it anyways in case the non-bengali speakers can read it as well :)

There is a skill development camp going on in BCB cricket academy to train few of our young pacers.Initially 18 pacers are chosen for the camp.

Bangladesh Bowling coach Shane Jurgensen & head coach Richard Pybus went to that camp today.They have given them important tips about pace bowling.They have spoken specially about follow through,how to maintain line & length and also talked about different variations in Pace bowling.Pybus spent two hours there.

A few pacers will be short-listed from this camp and the players who has good pace will get a chance to bowl in the nets of our national team.Then they can learn further from Bangladesh’s head coach & bowling coach.

http://bangladeshcricketlive.com/shane-jurgensen-richard-pybus-among-young-pacers/

Ian Pont
June 4, 2012, 01:33 PM
LoL Nadim98 I came in to share the same news.But you have shared it already.But posting it anyways in case the non-bengali speakers can read it as well :)

There is a skill development camp going on in BCB cricket academy to train few of our young pacers.Initially 18 pacers are chosen for the camp.

Bangladesh Bowling coach Shane Jurgensen & head coach Richard Pybus went to that camp today.They have given them important tips about pace bowling.They have spoken specially about follow through,how to maintain line & length and also talked about different variations in Pace bowling.Pybus spent two hours there.

A few pacers will be short-listed from this camp and the players who has good pace will get a chance to bowl in the nets of our national team.Then they can learn further from Bangladesh’s head coach & bowling coach.

http://bangladeshcricketlive.com/shane-jurgensen-richard-pybus-among-young-pacers/

Great stuff :up: Let's hope this initiative bears fruit. :)

MohammedC
June 4, 2012, 01:50 PM
One of the video I posted on Banglacricket.com's youtube channel had a left hand fast bowler, he is definitely not Rasel or Sajidul. Like to see more of that guy before tagging him as next sensation.

http://youtu.be/MX8yYh-BQ10

@0.45 seconds he uproots Raazzak's leg stump and @ 1.20

MSM B2C
June 4, 2012, 02:50 PM
hahahaha, bhai. Richard is a colleague of mine. He was coach at Middlesex in 2007 when I was at Essex so we know each other well. We also played cricket for the same club, Halstead CC in Essex, where I arranged for Syed Rasel to play last year.

He has done brilliantly as a coach considering he never played a single first-class match and injuries turned him to coaching so young.

You obviously missed my way earlier glowing thumbs up for Richard, who by the way, has a great smile :floor:

Finally I here something good, thanks.

cricket_pagol
June 4, 2012, 03:06 PM
So far, i like what i am hearing from Pybus.

Equinox
June 4, 2012, 03:18 PM
And that is another attitude in the right direction. They need a star team, not the idolatry that BC fans do here. (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/567280.html) Everyone should be playing FC, and no more stars being rested. It is a habit, and idolatry is a bad habit that needs to be broken. Again, God Speed Pybus.
+1

I like him already. I can think of one particular player who will run into immediate conflict with Pybus's way of doing things. And the regular "ego is good blah blah..." fans will be there to support him and demand Pybus's resignation.

MohammedC
June 4, 2012, 04:02 PM
And that is another attitude in the right direction. They need a star team, not the idolatry that BC fans do here. Everyone should be playing FC, and no more stars being rested. It is a habit, and idolatry is a bad habit that needs to be broken. Again, God Speed Pybus.

So what's wrong with us BC fans. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I have no problem what you just wrote. But the idolatry is not just a BC problem its even bigger.

TigerEz
June 4, 2012, 06:04 PM
in the press conference mostofa kamal kept on saying that he will let pybi WORK INDEPENDENTLY and will support him all the time......so did pybi threaten to leave the job if lootus interferes?

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 06:24 PM
+1

I like him already. I can think of one particular player who will run into immediate conflict with Pybus's way of doing things. And the regular "ego is good blah blah..." fans will be there to support him and demand Pybus's resignation.

It will be interesting to see about his relation with Pybus, but I hope he's much more matured now

Zunaid
June 4, 2012, 06:47 PM
But not a boot camp sergeant in the vein of Greg Chappell LOL. Important that players don't get scared of talking to him. The balance ought to be right especially when as a nation we are very emotional as well. Maybe the tough drill with SA players worked great for him but with BD it might just be the opposite so he has to quickly find what clicks our players.

Mairer upor oshudh nai. Where is ATMR when you need him.

TigerEz
June 4, 2012, 06:50 PM
Mairer upor oshudh nai. Where is ATMR when you need him.

issshhhhh ei jibone ei line da je koto shuna hoise!!!

zsayeed
June 4, 2012, 07:37 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/pibus.jpg

or,

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/pipiebus.jpg http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/images-1.jpg

Gowza
June 4, 2012, 09:51 PM
One of the video I posted on Banglacricket.com's youtube channel had a left hand fast bowler, he is definitely not Rasel or Sajidul. Like to see more of that guy before tagging him as next sensation.

http://youtu.be/MX8yYh-BQ10

@0.45 seconds he uproots Raazzak's leg stump and @ 1.20

Yeah we only get to see a couple of balls but that lefty looks to have a decent action and decent pace, pretty decent balls to if he can consistently bowl like that he's not a bad bowler

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 10:38 PM
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/pibus.jpg

or,

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/pipiebus.jpg http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/zsayeed/images-1.jpg

eta ki matrix naki

Sohel
June 4, 2012, 11:35 PM
issshhhhh ei jibone ei line da je koto shuna hoise!!!

No surprise there :-|

shakibrulz
June 5, 2012, 11:51 AM
+1

Hope that's not directed @ Shak.

So what's wrong with us BC fans. Everyone has a right to their opinion.
Exactly, if BC fans worship a player, what's wrong with it? Duh, everyone has their own favorite players. I don't know why he would even bring BC fans into this.

TigerEz
June 5, 2012, 12:08 PM
No surprise there :-|

oh u think im a bad kid??? in BC i might be a bad kid but in real life im a shonar chand! quite, shy, respectful and all that!

BD Rox
June 5, 2012, 01:52 PM
oh u think im a bad kid??? in BC i might be a bad kid but in real life im a shonar chand! quite, shy, respectful and all that!

Haha!:clap:
Nice 1 mate. I guess then we need to meet you.

TigerEz
June 5, 2012, 02:17 PM
im ready......cmon oh and make sure u bring the bangladesh cricket team with you

BD Rox
June 5, 2012, 02:32 PM
im ready......cmon oh and make sure u bring the bangladesh cricket team with you

Bipode falai dilento bhai! From where do I find BD Cricket team 'polapains'.

TigerEz
June 5, 2012, 09:11 PM
u find those fazils at a place called "Bangladesh"........

mufi_02
June 7, 2012, 01:52 PM
Former Sudbury player will get the best out of Bangladesh

Published on Thursday 7 June 2012 12:00

LAWRENCE Pybus has backed his brother and former Sudbury team-mate to take Bangladesh up the world rankings, writes Russell Claydon.

Richard Pybus, who first gave an indication of his coaching talents helping out during his time with the Talbots from around 1985 to 1990, was recently appointed head coach of Bangladesh’s national side.

And his brother, who hopes to play a part in Sudbury’s cricket week in July with their parents Rodney and Ella still living in the town, thinks it is a great appointment for the side ranked ninth in test and one-day cricket.

“He has been the most successful coach in South African cricket over the last 10 years,” he said of his 49-year-old brother who also spent a couple of seasons with Halstead.

“When he coached Pakistan (over two spells from 1990) he was relatively inexperienced in first class cricket but since then he has had a lot more experience. I think he will do well.”

He added: “They are on the bottom rung of the ladder and the only way is up. They have talented players who have not performed consistently and Richard is a good man-manager who has proved he can get the best out of players.”

Sudbury captain Darren Batch, who was pleased with his side’s draw with high-scoring Great Witchingham on Saturday, said: “Obviously the club is really pleased for him and it is really good to see someone connected with the club doing so well.”

Suffolk fast bowler Matthew Hunn returns for the home clash with ninth-placed Burwell on Saturday (11am), with spinner Ben Reece also available. Jonny Gallagher (exams) will miss out and off spinner Clive Kyangungu drops down to the second team as he bids to sharpen up with more match practice.

http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/sport/cricket/former-sudbury-player-will-get-the-best-out-of-bangladesh-1-3923949

TigerEz
June 7, 2012, 02:30 PM
thats what we hope what pybus can do but right now our biggest challenge would be to hold that asia cup form and if we fail to do that then its again back to those days of nightmares!

Ace of BD
June 8, 2012, 03:28 AM
thats what we hope what pybus can do but right now our biggest challenge would be to hold that asia cup form and if we fail to do that then its again back to those days of nightmares!

why not look into positive, what if we end up winning t20 world cup 2012? I will be eagerly waiting for the kind of remarks he has about our chances before this event. That'll surely give an indication where we're headed.

Razi
June 9, 2012, 07:16 AM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10620120609171955.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10520120609171936.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10420120609171904.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10320120609171650.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10220120609171612.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10120120609171551.jpg
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10020120609171508.jpg

MohammedC
June 9, 2012, 07:54 AM
[বাংলা]সাজঘরে সুশৃঙ্খল পরিবেশ পছন্দ পাইবাসের[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]ঢাকা: প্রধান কোচের দায়িত্ব নেওয়ার পর ক্রিকেটারদের সঙ্গে সেভাবে বসা হয়নি রিচার্ড পাইবাসের। শনিবার সবাইকে নিয়ে একসঙ্গে বসেছিলেন। ছোটখাটো একটা ক্লাসও নিয়ে ফেলেছেন।

পাইবাসের ক্লাসে যত না ক্রিকেট ছিলো তারচেয়ে বেশি গুরুত্ব পেয়েছে ক্রিকেটের বাইরের বিষয়। তাই বলে ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে যায় না; এমন কিছু নিয়ে তিনি আলোচনা করেন নি।

সাজঘরের পরিবেশ কেমন হবে, আউট হয়ে গেলে কতক্ষণ মন খারাপ থাকবে, সতীর্থদের পারস্পারিক সম্পর্ক, সাংবাদিকদের মোকাবেলা, দর্শক সমর্থকদের মানিয়ে চলা, শৃঙ্খলা ইত্যাদি ইত্যাদি অনেক বিষয়ে আলোচনা হয়েছে বলে ক্রিকেটারদের কাছ থেকে জানা গেছে। পাশাপাশি ক্রিকেটও আলোচানায় গুরুত্ব পেয়েছে। [/বাংলা]

Read Full (http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=dbdce683cf6ad302a65d631a16eb9 e9c&nttl=20120609054502117867)

MohammedC
June 9, 2012, 07:56 AM
Nice to see Rokibul er botthrish ta daath.

Wakidul
June 9, 2012, 08:00 AM
oh noo ash right next anamul there. Fearing his influence on him. ;)

S.Ontique
June 9, 2012, 08:40 AM
Nice to see Rokibul er botthrish ta daath.

Haha..some things never changes :P

zinatf
June 9, 2012, 09:38 AM
Good to see Pybus meeting with the whole team and also going the extra mile in meeting cricketers outside the squad like nafees/kapali...

Waiting for the tri-series now

firstlane
June 9, 2012, 11:24 AM
Mashrafe jevabe paa uthiye boshce dekhe voy laage abar na ligament chirey jai.

al Furqaan
June 9, 2012, 12:00 PM
interesting to see Shakib and Ashraful having a conversation in the 2nd to last pic...I guess they squashed their beef then??

MohammedC
June 9, 2012, 12:01 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJYEjGA_FvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TigerEz
June 9, 2012, 12:04 PM
is our coach singing players up in the pics?

BD Rox
June 9, 2012, 01:04 PM
-10120120609171551.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10020120609171508.jpg
Rubel looking funny.:D

TigerEz
June 9, 2012, 01:05 PM
rubel ke to dekhi na...

BD Rox
June 9, 2012, 01:06 PM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Sports----10120120609171551.jpg

Rubel looking funny.
:D

BD Rox
June 9, 2012, 01:07 PM
rubel ke to dekhi na...

Sorry for the wrong pic!:notworthy:

S.Ontique
June 9, 2012, 05:40 PM
His today's class was innovative.I liked what he did so far.There is one thing I was particularly impressed with.One director from BCB has said,other coaches wanted winning bonuses.But Pybus talked about taking bonuses only for series wins....So he has set his goal higher.I really hope he succeed in all these.

Kohli_Sox
June 9, 2012, 05:49 PM
the happiest I've seen Sir Ash

TigerEz
June 9, 2012, 05:58 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/168568_325599947518129_123897791_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/168526_325602030851254_1229596697_n.jpg

orre baap! classroom banayfelche.....r dekh amader playerra kemon korteche.....teachere kotha to soney na abar fone kotha koitache.....chi chi chi :D

MohammedC
June 9, 2012, 06:19 PM
TigerEZ, only see the middle bit of first image.

MohammedC
June 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/baQwVKjlC5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TigerEz
June 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
TigerEZ, only see the middle bit of first image.

fixed......

BengaliPagol
June 9, 2012, 06:55 PM
Its looks like he is a hands on type coach. Looks like he demands change. Pybus looks to be a hands on type person is all about team unity.

S.Ontique
June 9, 2012, 07:12 PM
Its looks like he is a hands on type coach. Looks like he demands change. Pybus looks to be a hands on type person is all about team unity.

That is exactly what we needed at this moment.His ideas are promising.Now lets see how well can he execute these.

BengaliPagol
June 9, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hopefully his plans come to order and we seem improvements in the team.

TigerEz
June 9, 2012, 10:46 PM
Also he seems to be like my parents....give whippings when they need to and also show love when needed.

Kohli_Sox
June 11, 2012, 03:41 PM
http://tigercricket.com/media/cache/620x411_1339421878_prac.jpg

oronnya
June 11, 2012, 03:54 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/baQwVKjlC5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's good to see Tamim cracking up jokes and everyone including Ash is joining the fun !!! The players don't seem to have any problem among themselves .. It's us who speculate stuffs !! I liked the idea of Pybus setting a goal for each individual player:up:

oh thanks for the video :)

BANFAN
June 11, 2012, 06:55 PM
Welcome.

I didn't feel he was that efficient with PCB, but then he might be a more matured coach with added experience. So far feeling good with his approach. Let's see his results/fruits ... Before naming the tree. ... ;)

Wishing him all the best...

Hasan2k8
June 11, 2012, 07:35 PM
congrats and best of luck to Pybus on his new job at BD cricket. Didn't have time to say this earlier.

Anyway, pybus shook hands with Kapali there and properly said to Kapali, " Your in my plans, keep working hard on your game, keep improving."

Zeeshan
June 11, 2012, 07:42 PM
Tamim's dark circles worry me. Does he not get enough sleep or what? Or he takes too much weeD?

Zeeshan
June 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
It's good to see Tamim cracking up jokes and everyone including Ash is joining the fun !!! The players don't seem to have any problem among themselves .. It's us who speculate stuffs !! I liked the idea of Pybus setting a goal for each individual player:up:

oh thanks for the video :)

kintu apa, international cricket to rong-tamashar jayga na, je ami dorkar porle ashbo noile ashbo na, thattya-roshikota korbo, fielding er shomoy dorir kase giye meyder sathe iyarki korlam... bolen?

BD Rox
June 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/168568_325599947518129_123897791_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/168526_325602030851254_1229596697_n.jpg

orre baap! classroom banayfelche.....r dekh amader playerra kemon korteche.....teachere kotha to soney na abar fone kotha koitache.....chi chi chi :D

OMG! From where did Shahadat come from? Sign of a great disaster, and the way she is sitting...

oronnya
June 11, 2012, 09:52 PM
kintu apa, international cricket to rong-tamashar jayga na, je ami dorkar porle ashbo noile ashbo na, thattya-roshikota korbo, fielding er shomoy dorir kase giye meyder sathe iyarki korlam... bolen?

achha apnara ei info koi pailen je Tamim practice e ashe nai bolen to??? kono news e to dekhlam na...ontoto NTV er news e to ashto...oi 2 sec er video te ki sharadiner shobar practice dekhano hoyechhe naki??? hoteo to pare jei shomoye video hochhe oi shomoye Tamim er batting practice shesh.. hoito she onno side e chhilo... mane kono kichhu na jene ekta conclusion e jump kora ki amader bangalider ekta shobhabe porinoto hochhe na bhaijan?? jekono kichhute amra khali negative tai chinta kori keno??? ekhon Tamim shobar shathe hashi thatta korchhe to eita rong tamashar jaiga hoye gelo... kichhudin age ek chhobita o bejar mukh kore dariye chhilo sheitateo apnader problem chhilo je o social na... ashol kotha hochhe jare dekhte nari tar choron baka... ami video te e Mushy, Ash, Nasir, Anamul, kaokei dekhlam na tar mane ki ei orao practice e ashe nai?

BANFAN
June 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
achha apnara ei info koi pailen je Tamim practice e ashe nai bolen to??? kono news e to dekhlam na...?

It's there in news. I think that was the first sentence in that last practice session video......clip is there in tri series thread...you might have missed it...

EDIT: It's in fact in the middle of the clip...NTV news clip

oronnya
June 11, 2012, 10:24 PM
It's there in news. I think that was the first sentence in that last practice session video......clip is there in tri series thread...you might have missed it...

EDIT: It's in fact in the middle of the clip...NTV news clip

arre apni !! Welcome :)

oh ami ashole channel I er newstului dekhchhilam..bakita repetition howai r dekhinai .. sorry oita mone hoyechhilo NTV'r news.. ok my bad ... Zeeshan bhai khoma cheye nilam... kintu tarpor o bolbo Tamim er team memberder shathe joke korar bappertake rong tamasha bolar kono proyojon chhilo na... oita na korleo shobai bolto tar demag beshi ...

ahnaf
June 11, 2012, 10:46 PM
^apu zee bhai never mind typer manush..khoma chaowar dorkar nai..:-P

oronnya
June 11, 2012, 10:56 PM
^apu zee bhai never mind typer manush..khoma chaowar dorkar nai..:-P

ha ha !! nah bhul hole khoma chaite amar oshubidha nai :)..

Zeeshan
June 12, 2012, 01:32 AM
chi chi, khomar ki ache, chokh buje rabrir hari choukir niche chole jan, and we will call it even. :)

Kohli_Sox
June 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
playmaker bhai ekhaneo kichhu post koren

playmaker
June 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
no discredit to Pybus, whatever happens on the field is beyond his control. Ill give him till the Dutch T20 to assess his ability.

But id love if he shows some toughlove to our boys. They should stop saying excuses and start finding the faults withing themselves

Miraz
June 17, 2012, 10:45 AM
Give him time.

iDumb
June 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Give him time.

first time i heard miraz utter those words.

crikss
June 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
same debut as law

Miraz
June 17, 2012, 12:01 PM
first time i heard miraz utter those words.

I have said the same for Siddons and Law in their early days, probably you have missed them.

oronnya
June 17, 2012, 02:32 PM
Dhorjo dhorte hobe !!

lamisa
June 17, 2012, 02:52 PM
fire pybus!!

TigerEz
June 17, 2012, 04:26 PM
^^ i like idea

zsayeed
June 17, 2012, 04:59 PM
becoming a tradition for bd coaches - baptism by fire at zimbabwe by zimbabwe. the only thing pybus is responsible for this time is not walking the walk regarding 'star' treatment. talking talk is easy - show your walk.

Dilscoop
June 17, 2012, 08:04 PM
You guys did not just give this thread a mini-bump. Whatcha expect, a brand new team? Some of you get on my last nerve. Also keep in mind this a unofficial, warm up series of T20 cricket. I wasn't here when Law came over, betting it was no different then either?

See you when the REAL stuff start, not some unofficial, experimental, mambo jambo. Have great summer.

i_1_primeval_man
June 17, 2012, 11:36 PM
I would give him at least 6 months before forming any judgement, but some people here are so hung up with their certain agendas :smh:
Yeah, burn out your best resource and you'll be regarded as a great manager :smh:

Sohel
June 17, 2012, 11:51 PM
RiPa needs to be given time to observe our Hudmahs before ripping into the tradition of complacency and dead weight. I'm sure we'll see his plan in action with good results from the Euro tour.

zinatf
June 17, 2012, 11:53 PM
RiPa needs to be given time to observe our Hudmahs before ripping into the tradition of complacency and dead weight. I'm sure we'll see his plan in action with good results from the Euro tour.

Etai shona baki chilo :floor:

playmaker
June 17, 2012, 11:56 PM
I think Richard Pybus had a good gameplan, but I think our players executed them poorly. The way our players turned down possible signal wasnt a good sign, and our players definitely need to learn the ART of slogging or being able to hit boundaries with good cricketing shots, If MR pybus helps our player learn that then it will be a job well done. Then also, i blame our players to have no interest in working out for an extra hour or 2 in the gym, so at the end of the day its their loss. Point to be noted is that the players arent helping themselves a bit

Sohel
June 18, 2012, 12:01 AM
Our guys not working hard on their own is serious problem already identified by every coach coming from all other test cricket cultures where that happens to be the norm :facepalm:

I hope RiPa will change this first and foremost with grim determination. That being said, Mohammad Ashraful Motin works very hard on his own all the time.

Zeeshan
June 18, 2012, 01:36 AM
Before match, Py-bhai said that he doesn't want to infuse (my word) a foreign culture into Bangladeshi cricketing culture. I think it's a + point. Whereas Siddons (or Law to some extent) was trying to force a round into a square one, it's good of Pybus to work around the system than through it.

Sohel
June 18, 2012, 01:46 AM
I doubt he had the traditional slack and other things in mind, things that make you stagnate and lose because you're never as good as you can be with those following you around, when talking about not imposing (Athar has an orgasm) other cultures on our own.

playmaker
June 18, 2012, 03:12 AM
Our guys not working hard on their own is serious problem already identified by every coach coming from all other test cricket cultures where that happens to be the norm :facepalm:

I hope RiPa will change this first and foremost with grim determination. That being said, Mohammad Ashraful Motin works very hard on his own all the time.

thats really our main problem. Our players fail to be understand the worth of becomin a superstar. Think abt shakib, he said that he wanted to become big and now he is getting to play wherever he wants and earn KOTI KOTI taka. Our other players ar short sighted and feel that even if they do a little work they can do well enough. Infact, this lack of intent is the major problem with our cricket. The players think that whatever do thats ok and whatever they earn thats fine. they should know that the successful people in the world where those wanted so much more.

Id like pybus to impregnate our players with the determination to become much better

kalpurush
June 18, 2012, 03:23 AM

+1

Though, team management lacked any kind of game plan in the last match - how come johirul wasn't tryed before Mushy and Mollah??

Sohel
June 18, 2012, 03:30 AM
The Aumi decision may have been Mushfique's alone during this "observer" stage of RP's job. It's well known amongst some in my BKSP and JU posse that he's still wary of other WK-Batsmen in the team because he's not willing to see himself only as a specialist batsman. I don't think he has anything to worry about when it comes to Aumi either with bat or gloves. Bijauy is another story.

I won't put my money on Aumi to sustain success at this level, but won't mind seeing him get a fair shake. I'm sure he'll play before we leave southern Africa.

kalpurush
June 18, 2012, 03:37 AM
Ha ha thik bolechhen Sohel bhai. Mushy miya voye achhe!!!

I was surprised not to see Aumi despite the fantastic outing in the 2nd practice match!

Ian Pont
June 19, 2012, 03:15 AM

Two things to back you up:

1. How hard you work is key
2. What you work on is key

You can be a talented slacker (point two over point one) or a busy fool (point one over point two). Both of these are a problem.

In England we have had the mantra as coaches for many years now "train hard, play easy". This means that if you make the practices challenging, tough, hard work, difficult and pushing the boundaries of each and every player, then playing a match becomes easy.

All professional coaches know this. It will not be long before RP stops observing and starts implementing I think. But he will do it in a 'nice' way so as not to offend and upset.

Even when you ultimately drive the nail in as hard as you can, you have to first just tap it.

Purbasha T
June 19, 2012, 04:32 AM
..Even when you ultimately drive the nail in as hard as you can, you have to first just tap it.

:clap: Goes into my (although physically non-existent) quotebook!

reyme
June 19, 2012, 04:38 AM
Awesome post Ian !!
One for the books!

i_1_primeval_man
June 19, 2012, 05:27 AM

You can be a talented slacker (point two over point one) or a busy fool (point one over point two). Both of these are a problem.

In England we have had the mantra as coaches for many years now "train hard, play easy". This means that if you make the practices challenging, tough, hard work, difficult and pushing the boundaries of each and every player, then playing a match becomes easy.

All professional coaches know this. It will not be long before RP stops observing and starts implementing I think. But he will do it in a 'nice' way so as not to offend and upset.

Even when you ultimately drive the nail in as hard as you can, you have to first just tap it.

Great post:up:

Equinox
June 19, 2012, 05:44 AM
The Aumi decision may have been Mushfique's alone during this "observer" stage of RP's job. It's well known amongst some in my BKSP and JU posse that he's still wary of other WK-Batsmen in the team because he's not willing to see himself only as a specialist batsman. I don't think he has anything to worry about when it comes to Aumi either with bat or gloves. Bijauy is another story.

I won't put my money on Aumi to sustain success at this level, but won't mind seeing him get a fair shake. I'm sure he'll play before we leave southern Africa.
Is that why Jahirul got an uninterrupted run at number 3 in the Asia Cup?

You seem to rate Anamul's keeping quite highly. IMO, Anamul is better off focusing on his batting alone. Having seen him keep for the U19 team, he reminded me quite a bit of Mushy in his earlier days. He can be spectacular in one moment and be prone to the silliest of errors in another. And I don't think he has made any marked improvement recently, since he was dropped by both DG and Abahoni as keeper during the crunch stages of the tournaments.

As for RP, it is way too early to begin assessing him. He was quite clear before the series that this would be an observation mission for him more than anything else.

BengaliPagol
June 19, 2012, 05:47 AM

I do a subject called 'PASS' (basically teaches about sport science) and my teacher explained the exact same thing to us which you have posted. Here in Australia rugby league coaches ensure that training is gruelling and tough so match day is physically easier to withstand thus ensuring results for elite players. So i guess this applies to every sport.

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 08:57 AM
Please no more posts saying "FIRE PYBUS"

The only thing we need is to make our players go through some military training. You can have the best intl coaches on your side but if you dont perform Nothing the coach can do

If we look at pakistan their fielding is SOOO horrible and guess who is their Fielding coach? Julian Fountain, the same guy under whom our fielding had improved leaps and bounds. So basically, its about the players executing those plans. But if it was Pybus's decision to ask the bowlers to NO YORKERS at the death im afraid that it was pathetic to say the least

Kohli_Sox
June 19, 2012, 02:09 PM
All of a sudden everyone forgot about yorkers at the death? It might be a deliberate plan to ball short pitch/ bouncers at the death; not sure though but given the accuracy, what is the better option anyways

TigerEz
June 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
our bowlers will never learn how to bowl at death!

Fazal
June 19, 2012, 03:59 PM
Where is the thread "FIRE PYBUS"?

firstlane
June 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
^People have learnt from Law's case.

Hasan2k8
June 19, 2012, 06:57 PM

Unfortunately seems like it

TigerEz
June 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
Where is the thread "FIRE PYBUS"?

how about u open that thread.....seems like the other members forgot to open it :/

AMD128
June 19, 2012, 11:47 PM

You think so? We are without one of our best death over bowlers. Rubel Hossain that is. :) Haven't seen him bowl in T20 deaths. BUt he's spectacular in ODI death overs. Everyone knows that. :-)

TigerEz
June 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
pfft...he jsut has some pace but cant bowl yorkers.....no one cant bowl yorkers in our team...

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 12:06 AM
I dont know what the gameplan was. We were not up against India, we were up against SA with batsman who are adept at playing short ball. So whoever made the gameplan, made a very FOOLISH plan.

In the death there is no alternative to bowling a yorker, yorkers are still tough to score runs against. And even if you miss the blockhole by a few inches it still turns into a very fullish or a lowe full toss which too are tough to scor again. Some blame goes to Mushy without question, he shouldve had some talks with the bowlers. Poor captaincy.

After seeing today's performance I dont think Mash is a World Class bowler anymore. With such pace you are bound to get punished, and also, you cant really swing the ball much so you lose your wicket taking ability. And his death bowling? Even worse. Mash is probably the bowler who bowls the greatest proportion of length balls and full tosses at the death.
Hopefully rubel will be fit by T20 WC. He had both the pace and the accuracy to bowl at the death

BANFAN
June 20, 2012, 12:18 AM
After seeing today's performance I dont think Mash is a World Class bowler anymore........

He never was, although he was the best pacer we had, for many years.