PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Best XI for T20, ODI, Test: “Richard Pybus”

MSM B2C
May 31, 2012, 04:20 AM
"I will work on a system based on excellence. I want to be playing winning cricket, to create multi-format players, to focus on being competitive enough to be able to win series." – R. Pybus
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/566745.html

My Best XI for the format T20, ODI, Test:

T20 Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique (WK)
3. Mohammed Ashraful
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Alok Kapali
8. Mashrafi Bin Mortaza
9. Farhad Reza
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Rubel Hossain

ODI Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafi Bin Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Abul Hasan

Test Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Jahurul Islam
3. Rajin Saleh
4. Shariar Nafees
5. Nizamuddin
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Elias Sunny
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Enamul Haque Jr.

What are your three format squads?

Kohli_Sox
May 31, 2012, 04:35 AM
bhai Mahmudullah nam e ekta player ase je kina vice captain. Bhule gesen?

MSM B2C
May 31, 2012, 04:41 AM
bhai Mahmudullah nam e ekta player ase je kina vice captain. Bhule gesen?

not in my team, but I hope he improves.

max410
May 31, 2012, 04:47 AM
no ashrafooool for me please

Gowza
May 31, 2012, 04:48 AM
first player to bring in is anamul. i want shuvagata in the mix to with mominul, asif and sabbir there but given more time to develop. abul hasan, subashis and al amin for pace prospects. mahmudul hasan for a spin allrounder prospect also naeem as an allrounder and shaker ahmed and nur hossain as a spinner prospect. for pace allrounders it's zia, babu and reza. possibly missed some names, this is just off the top of my head. elias should be given more chances to i think. btw for now riyad is in as a test batsman, he needs to develop his hitting ability to be considered for ODIs and t20s especially.

Kohli_Sox
May 31, 2012, 04:52 AM
Mahmudullah is a key player of Bd in Tests definitely and also in ODIs too I think

Gowza
May 31, 2012, 04:59 AM
Mahmudullah is a key player of Bd in Tests definitely and also in ODIs too I think

if he can bat from 4-6 in one-dayers and be successful then i think he has a spot in the team but batting at #7 he's more of a liability, may as well skip him in the order and go to the tail who will actually try to hit boundaries. i know when the team has lost a lot of wickets early he can build the innings a bit but that is not a #7's job, his job is to get quick runs or chase down the target as quick as is needed and riyad has trouble at times hitting accelerating and getting the boundaries at the important times.

TimAus
May 31, 2012, 05:49 AM
Test XI
Tamim Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Mushfiqur Rahim (c)
Shakib Al Hasan
Nasir Hossain
Mahmudullah
Anamul Haq (wk)
Elias Sunny
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shafiul Islam
Rubel Hossain

I think Mashrafe needs to be back in the Test side. He's the best quick in the country so if he's healthy he needs to be there. That gives them 5 bowlers and 2 part timers. I also think that as captain Rahim could move up the order and give up the keeping, similar to what Sangakkara did and also Brendan Taylor of Zimbabwe.

ahnaf
May 31, 2012, 05:53 AM
Bhai r koto ashob Xi niye thread+poll khulben?? Birokto hoye gechi..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

MSM B2C
May 31, 2012, 05:55 AM
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

BC Cricket at the moment is dead, no one hardly comes on to put some useful thread so thought would be nice to open this thread and get BC members back and entertained.

oronnya
May 31, 2012, 10:57 AM
T20 Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Junaid Siddique /Anamul Huq
3. Mohammed Ashraful/Anamul Huq
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Mahmudullah Riyad
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Mashrafi Mortaza
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Arafat Sunny
11. Rubel Hossain

ODI Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Anamul Haque
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Mahmudullah Riyad
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Mashrafi Bin Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Nazmul Hossain

Test Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Nazimuddin
3. Anamul Huq
4. Mahmudullah Riyad
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Elias Sunny
9. Mashrafee Mortaza
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Nazmul Hossain

Habib
May 31, 2012, 12:28 PM
I wanted to see XIs that were approved by our coach Richard Pybus and got MSM B2C's XI instead. Great. Unless ofcourse they are the same person.

Naimul_Hd
May 31, 2012, 08:30 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Haha..Ahnaf chetse ! :)

Amio tired hoye gese XI XI niye khelte khelte.. :)

TigerEz
May 31, 2012, 08:44 PM
Richard Pybus hasnt met any of the boys yet...so how is it gonna help if he approves the team?

Purbasha T
June 1, 2012, 05:23 AM
What does Nazmul have to do to win our hearts permanently? or is his small stature (height-wise) too big a deterrant? LOL!

Rubu
June 1, 2012, 07:36 AM
I don't see much reason to go beyond the team that played in Asia cup. That whole team is young and they are all young prospects and given the right time and effort, they all can be match winners. Players like Alok Kapali and Rajin Saleh (once my fav) are long gone.

kalpurush
June 1, 2012, 07:43 AM
I don't see much reason to go beyond the team that played in Asia cup. That whole team is young and they are all young prospects and given the right time and effort, they all can be match winners. Players like Alok Kapali and Rajin Saleh (once my fav) are long gone.
You aren't saying that Shahadat is in your fav list, are you Rubu bhai!?

J/k aside, Shahadat is still in my Test XI though. :)

Rubu
June 1, 2012, 07:56 AM
You aren't saying that Shahadat is in your fav list, are you Rubu bhai!?

J/k aside, Shahadat is still in my Test XI though. :)
You have to take Shahadat for what he is worth. He is a strike bowler without much control over his line and length. So, basically, he is a test bowler. He has no place in ODI/T20, but an essential for test.

Gowza
June 1, 2012, 07:15 PM
i don't believe shahadat is a strike bowler any longer, one or two five wickets hauls doesn't make him a strike bowler, even non-striker bowlers get a few of those in their careers. he's played 33 tests, averages nearly 50, econ of over 4 and a strike rate over 70, come on now guys lets be realistic here, shahadat is not a strike bowler. i don't want to here he is the best we've got, i don't think it's true, we have some good prospects coming through with abul, al amin, subashis, rubel once he comes back should get better, shafiul is solid, mash if he plays is also solid and nazmul is solid to. all of them deserve a chance ahead of shahadat at this point.

shahadats only use at this point would be his experience, but don't expect him to be a good performer. tbh atm if mash was fit my line-up for tests as far as pacers go would be mash, abul and probably nazmul just for experience otherwise al amin.

as far as tests go:
1 tamim
2 ? maybe give nazimuddin a couple more tries, asif is an option but i don't think he's ready yet
3 anamul
4 shuvagata/naeem
5 shakib
6 riyad/nasir
7 rahim (to hard for him to bat above this while he's keeping)
8 mash
9 abul
10 elias sunny
11 nazmul/al amin

i know riyad has been solid with the bat in tests and for some he's an automatic but at this stage nasir is almost an automatic as well and we don't know if he can cut it at #4 either, we also have guys like shuvagata and naeem who have done great in FC cricket domestically and have shown they have the ability to play at the higher level in shorter formats, mominul is in the wings to.

we could pout nasir in at #4 as a gamble but i think maybe it's best for him to be the #6 once he's mastered that think about him moving up the order.

MSM B2C
June 2, 2012, 09:13 AM
Both Nasir and Anamul Flopped in DPL today!

Night_wolf
June 2, 2012, 11:05 AM
amito vabsilam bypass er team aita

shakibrulz
June 2, 2012, 11:53 AM
Such a relief that he's kept that in mind!

T20:
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Ziaur Rahman
3. Anamul Haque Bijoy
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim*+
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mominul Haque
8. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
9. Nazmul Hossain
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Elias Sunny/Arafat Sunny

Reserves: Junaid Siddique, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Sabbir Rahman

ODI Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Mahmudullah Riyad
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Elias Sunny
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Rubel Hossain/Arafat Sunny
Standby: Junaid Siddique, Shuvagoto Hom, Mominul Haque

Test Format:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Anamul Haque
3. Shahriar Nafees (don't really prefer him, but he has earned it)
4. Mahmudullah Riyad
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim+
7. Nasir Hossain
8. Elias Sunny
9. Nazmul Hossain
10. Shafiul Islam
11. Rubel Hossain
Standby: Mominul Haque, Shuvagoto Hom, Arafat Sunny

Catskills
June 2, 2012, 12:03 PM

Key to fail :) Just joking. Anyway, he is not in my top XI either.

Tiger444
June 2, 2012, 12:31 PM
Agreed about Shahadat. The guy needs to go plain and simple. I admit I wanted the guy to play Tests for us but after a dreadful 2011 and Asia Cup, he should be a goner. I know our pace attack is weak but all our other pacers did a lot better than Shahadat last year in Tests. None of our other pacers averaged below 100 except Shahadat. Actually his average was nearly a 200 last year. And he's supposed to be our most experienced bowler in Tests but he bowls the most immature. Time has come we look at other youngsters. Our pace attack for Tests should consist of Mash, Rubel, Nazmul and Shafiul. Mash will start to bowl in Tests from next year so we should bring Abul in his place.

BengaliPagol
June 2, 2012, 09:14 PM
Test XI:
1. Tamim
2. Nazim
3. Anamul
4. Mahmudullah
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiq
7. Nasir
8. Mashrafe
9. Elias/Enamul Haque/Arafat
10. Nazmul
11. Rubel

ODI XI
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Jahurul/Anamul
4. Shakib
5. Mahmudullah
6. Mushfiq
7. Nasir
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Nazmul
11. Rubel

T20 XI
1. Tamim
2. Junaed
3. Ashraful
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiq
6. Nasir
7. Ziaur
8. Mashrafe
9. Elias
10. Enamul Haque/Arafat/Razzak
11. Nazmul

Time to win the World Cup

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 09:22 PM
wow! those are some sexy team..... especially begali pagol bhai's one ! i dont mean it the gay way but the team strength and all that!!!!damn they born to kill!

Gowza
June 2, 2012, 09:23 PM
Rubel is out for awhile though that's why I say bring in abul now

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 09:29 PM
alauddin babu infront of abul......impressed me so much

Gowza
June 2, 2012, 10:04 PM
alauddin babu infront of abul......impressed me so much

Looks to be a great pace allrounder prospect, what sort of pace does he bowl? Al Amin is also a good prospect

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 10:40 PM
Looks to be a great pace allrounder prospect, what sort of pace does he bowl? Al Amin is also a good prospect

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lGOymInIu34" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

u tell me!

Gowza
June 2, 2012, 11:02 PM
1 ball isn't enough to know how fast he bowls regularly, decent pace and a great prospect but so is abul and there aren't many on BD who bowl as fast as abul and with rubel out we're missing someone with that bit of extra pace. But I reckon babu should have been selected ahead of farhad

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 11:04 PM
agree! but see the thing is, even in the asia cup our main problem was Death Over Bowling! we just couldnt get their tail out!!!! remember what umar guul did to us in the first match?

Tiger444
June 2, 2012, 11:11 PM
1 ball isn't enough to know how fast he bowls regularly, decent pace and a great prospect but so is abul and there aren't many on BD who bowl as fast as abul and with rubel out we're missing someone with that bit of extra pace. But I reckon babu should have been selected ahead of farhad

He bowls around 130 kph. I'd say he's pretty fast but not as fast as Abul who bowls 140 kph. And I agree that Babu should've gotten the nod ahead of Farhad. He along with Abul and Rabbi are big time prospects. No surprise there since those 3 did very well bowling together in the U19 team.

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 11:39 PM
Abul is faster???? huh...where was i?

Navo
June 3, 2012, 12:17 AM
I don't get it, some of these young guys look pretty tall and are decently built - yet bowl at 130 kmph, which is like the pace Abdur Razzak of Pakistan bowled at for most of his career. How is that possible?? Is it nutrition or training or effort? I played club cricket against a team with an 18 year old all rounder last week and he bowled faster than that!

Night_wolf
June 3, 2012, 12:23 AM
I don't get it, some of these young guys look pretty tall and are decently built - yet bowl at 130 kmph, which is like the pace Abdur Razzak of Pakistan bowled at for most of his career. How is that possible?? Is it nutrition or training or effort? I played club cricket against a team with an 18 year old all rounder last week and he bowled faster than that!

i believe 2 bela Vat is responsible for this

fiasnahk
June 3, 2012, 12:37 AM
Shahrier Nafeez needs a go in the test side, he deserves it. Hes won just as many games as Ash for us, got similar number of hundreds, has a much better average and he almost won as that famous test match against the Aussies. Hes much more talented than Ash even though he does look uncomfortable at times. Give him a few chances. Shahadat needs to go, seriously. Someone bowling 127 kph with the new ball isnt right. Kayes should play both ODI and Tests, unless Anamul or Jaharul want to open. Is it just me or hasnt anyone else noticed that the last few games Kayes played for us he was the enforcer in the partnership with Tamim?

Gowza
June 3, 2012, 12:40 AM
don't want imrul anywhere near the test side, nafees only gets in if he can open imo because we have mominul and shuvagata and naeem in line for middle order spots. maybe jahurul can have a chance of opening and anamul at #3 otherwise give nazimuddin a couple more chances.

MSM B2C
June 5, 2012, 08:22 AM
Excellent figures for Abul Hasan Today in DPL against SK. Jamal DC

10 overs, 46 runs, 4 wickets, real talent!

I hope he gets the right guidance.

a beautiful 100 from Nasir Hossain today in DPL

and Anamul haque only managed 8 runs, disappointing

Gowza
June 5, 2012, 09:05 PM
great to see abul taking wickets and with a decent econ rate to, also 3 of those wickets were caught behind so it indicates he was bowling pretty good line and length the get those 3 knicks to the keeper.

Tigers_eye
June 5, 2012, 11:18 PM
Selectors need to be fired. They have no work to do. RP could come here and pick the team.

kalpurush
June 6, 2012, 06:10 AM
Selectors need to be fired. They have no work to do. RP could come here and pick the team.
...then, BC gets the royalty? ;)

And Mijan bhai gets a % of it for the idea! Win...win!!

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
...then, BC gets the royalty? ;)
And Mijan bhai gets a % of it for the idea! Win...win!!
Courtesy to MSM B2C's hard work. ;)