PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh in Europe 2012 -Ireland, Scotland, and the Netherlands

Pages : [1] 2

MSM B2C
June 2, 2012, 08:57 AM
Tours Home (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/index.php)
BD in IRE, 2012 (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=Home)
News (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=News)
Bulletins (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=Bulletins)
Squads (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=Squads)
Schedule (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=Schedule)
Scorecards (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=Scorecards)
Articles (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=Articles)
Statistics (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=Statistics)
History (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tours/coverage/get.php?tour=2022&type=History)

Tough time’s ahead, Ireland will be fuming to do well against us Bangladesh. The pitches in Ireland and are very hard and tricky to play on. Ireland have good players playing in a competitive league like the English Domestic League. I hope our Bangladeshi boy’s are ready for some overseas bouncy
Pitch test. Some key players to watch out for:

T20 Averages:

William Porterfield (Bat) (Av: 23.47) (ST:124.29)

Niall John O'Brien (Wk, Bat) (Av: 22.77) (ST:115.26)

Kevin Joseph O'Brien (Alr) (Av: 20.69) (ST:137.01)

They are three Important players, but recently some of Irish players have done well.

Last Time Bangladesh A Team played Ireland: Ireland won by 82 runs

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/353230.html

Bangladesh A team had players like: Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Rubel Hossain, Arafat sunny.

Banglaguy
June 2, 2012, 09:50 AM
I think it's time for the players to believe they can win in these conditions against any opponents. Through self belief, I see Bangladesh thriving in any condition they are set.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Equinox
June 2, 2012, 10:37 AM
I liked the original schedule which consisted of ODIs as wells as T20s. Just because there is a T20 tournament later in the year doesn't mean we have to start playing T20s like crazy. BCB did the same with the World Cup in 2011 and we all know what happened.

TigerEz
June 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
I think time has come to thrash teams like ireland and zimbawe....we never actually thrashed them but go all "goo-gaga" over playing them.....ireland/zimbabwe might play good but they should no match for us......i mean cmon, pony up tigers.

Tiernster
June 4, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hi

Think your leaving out our three most important players

Boyd Rankin
George Dockrell
and Paul Stirling
these three are serious players. Being honest Niall O'Briens position in the team is uncertain as he has been in and out of the team at Northants. Out of interest where can I see the stats for how Niall did while playing in the BPL . I hear he was in and out of Khulna team?

I've sumarised here who I think we'll pick against Australia

http://tiernotimes.blogspot.ie/2012/06/cricket-ireland-tough-calls-await-for.html

The depth in the team is better than any time in the teams history. There will be top players on the sideline including some who play regular county cricket. Also coming into this fixture we will have played Australia and Afghanistan twice at home so we won't be coming in cold something that has been the case in the past. In the bowling department we have seious choice. I think the crowd will be decent for 2nd and 3rd waitig to confirm but I reckon temporary stands will be used. Lets hope rain a big problem over here doesn't get involved!

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 02:24 PM
Kevin O Brien is the biggest threat for BD at the moment

Tiernster
June 4, 2012, 02:29 PM
We'll have a good team, Kevin is important but Paul Stirling has been brilliant with the bat of late, he tends to give us the impetus up front

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 04:55 PM
We'll have a good team, Kevin is important but Paul Stirling has been brilliant with the bat of late, he tends to give us the impetus up front

I have seen quite few time Stirling playing and all those times he was throwing his wicket away. I got the feeling he can hit the ball a fairly long distance. I guess he is a much more improved player!

Maysun
June 4, 2012, 11:53 PM
Whenever we talk about the Irish, we only talk of the O'Brien brothers. Players like Stirling, Porterfield, Dockrell, Joyce etc. are very very good cricketers.

BengaliPagol
June 5, 2012, 03:15 AM
Ed Joyce used to be good when he played for England. What happened to him. :facepalm:

Sohel
June 5, 2012, 04:40 AM
Both Ireland and Zimbabwe are capable of beating us on their day, especially in T20Is, with the dead weight in our team aiding them. That being said, I do believe that there's still a substantial gap between us and them, and at our best will beat them at their best 9 out of 10 times.

Holland and Scotland still have ways to go before they reach the Zimbabwe-Ireland level. Afghanistan is likely to reach that level sooner than them. Just talking T20Is and nothing else.

BD Rox
June 5, 2012, 02:25 PM
Whenever we talk about the Irish, we only talk of the O'Brien brothers. Players like Stirling, Porterfield, Dockrell, Joyce etc. are very very good cricketers.

After all they all play in county, which makes the difference.
I think BCB should send our players to play county to enhance their cricket.

Tiernster
June 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
Big debate for Ireland is whether county cricket is good for our players given the difficulties we have getting them released. Ed Joyce has had good form this season I should have mentioned him

Navo
June 5, 2012, 06:14 PM
Forget County, I would be happy if some of our players got a chance to play domestic cricket in India or Sri Lanka for the time being...at least until our first class structure is up to scratch/runs regularly!

dash
June 5, 2012, 06:22 PM
itll be a tough tour- remember our last europe tour

Ruairi87
June 6, 2012, 04:37 PM
Regarding the post from Tiernster above Boyd Rankin is currently injured and is out of the game against Australia and Afghanistan matches. Seeing as the T20 series is on the following week it is likely Rankin will miss this also.

In response to Kohli Sox you are right regards Stirling. Watching him a few years ago he did tend to throw his wicket away but he is a much improved player. He scored a fine century against Pakistan in Belfast last year and was excellent in the recent T20 qualify tournament hitting 50 from 17 balls in the final having hit 50s from 22 and 25 balls in the knock out games. He opens the batting and when he's on form he can take the game away from the opposition early on.

Ace of BD
June 7, 2012, 03:08 AM
there is something about t20 that i still cant get serious, and i am sure, besides the t20 world cup, no one actually cares for the internation t20 series, like how odis are cared about. i am sure t20 world cups are taken seriously, but besides that whatever happens outside the world t20, no one is bothered about rankings, well, there is a reason u see afghanisthan with their current level being ranked higher than teams like Bangladesh or West Indies, that just tells you, doesnt it? its something like bangladesh with their current level is ranked at number 5-6 in test cricket, which is not the truth, as we are still in bottom, which is a true reflector of our position currently. However, in t20s expect anyone to become a hero, just because of the nature of the game, and more importantly, i think because of the non seriousness the players have with this format. Surely the BPLs and the IPLs are different because of the money at stake

MSM B2C
June 11, 2012, 07:20 AM
Paul Stirling: 119 of 99 balls at a strike rate of 120.20 in recent Clydesdale Bank 40 Match.

Middlesex vs Lanchashire
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/content/current/story/567996.html

Good player that Stirling.

TimAus
June 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
Paul Stirling: 119 of 99 balls at a strike rate of 120.20 in recent Clydesdale Bank 40 Match.

Middlesex vs Lanchashire
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/content/current/story/567996.html

Good player that Stirling.

Another Irishman got a 54 ball 116, you won't have to play against him though thanks to England's policy of never picking Englishmen.

al Furqaan
June 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
Both Ireland and Zimbabwe are capable of beating us on their day, especially in T20Is, with the dead weight in our team aiding them. That being said, I do believe that there's still a substantial gap between us and them, and at our best will beat them at their best 9 out of 10 times.

Holland and Scotland still have ways to go before they reach the Zimbabwe-Ireland level. Afghanistan is likely to reach that level sooner than them. Just talking T20Is and nothing else.

T20s are a super leveler...Ireland-Zimbabwe are probably only marginally lower than us. The longer the version, the bigger the gap between us, I think. Although as the previous ZIM tour showed us, away Tests aren't easy no matter who the opposition is.

Tiernster
June 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
Kevin O'Brien has just signed a t20 contract with somerset so he should be in fine fettle come the Bangladesh tour. Squad announced for Australia game today. Conservative enough picks if you ask me. Hopefully Boyd Rankin is back for Bangladesh games

Shubho
June 11, 2012, 01:56 PM
I hope Ireland beat Australia. That will lessen the sting when they beat us.

BANFAN
June 11, 2012, 07:22 PM

I have seen them playing... They are good at that level, but won't be competitive with top 10. Most importantly, their cricket will have a Kenyan death. A country where 99.99% still looks for Goal in cricket...:)

These guys learnt when they took refuge in Pak during the war and many are complete Pashtun speakers of Pakistan. Most of the bordering Pashtuns have passports of both countries. And the country even doesn't have a Proper stadium yet and people hardly goes to watch cricket. Even they have more spectators in a dog fight or a cock fight. Their survival and development depends on how long they will have a supply of Pak Pashtuns...it was ok as a beginning, but most people of Afg won't like it to be continued. It will be hard to develop in absence of so many factors, so far none has developed on foreign players alone.

Looking for a competitive tournament in Ireland ...

TimAus
June 12, 2012, 06:02 AM
I have seen them playing... They are good at that level, but won't be competitive with top 10. Most importantly, their cricket will have a Kenyan death. A country where 99.99% still looks for Goal in cricket...:)

These guys learnt when they took refuge in Pak during the war and many are complete Pashtun speakers of Pakistan. Most of the bordering Pashtuns have passports of both countries. And the country even doesn't have a Proper stadium yet and people hardly goes to watch cricket. Even they have more spectators in a dog fight or a cock fight. Their survival and development depends on how long they will have a supply of Pak Pashtuns...it was ok as a beginning, but most people of Afg won't like it to be continued. It will be hard to develop in absence of so many factors, so far none has developed on foreign players alone.

Looking for a competitive tournament in Ireland ...

Very unfair on Afghanistan. You read anything about Afghanistan cricket and it will tell you that cricket has taken off in a huge way. Yes they lack infrastructure but they do not lack players, every game they seem to unearth a new kid who is better than most associate teams' players. In a country that is more worried with restoring order after a bitter and violent war you can't blame them if they don't get big crowds to sporting events, although I don't know what games they fail to get spectators to since they have never played a home game and don't have a stadium.

At the moment I would rank Afghanistan as much higher than Scotland and Netherlands, close to par with Ireland, only marginally below Zimbabwe and even Bangladesh. And they have the potential to become a serious power in the future.

Night_wolf
June 12, 2012, 06:05 AM
Very unfair on Afghanistan. You read anything about Afghanistan cricket and it will tell you that cricket has taken off in a huge way. Yes they lack infrastructure but they do not lack players, every game they seem to unearth a new kid who is better than most associate teams' players. In a country that is more worried with restoring order after a bitter and violent war you can't blame them if they don't get big crowds to sporting events, although I don't know what games they fail to get spectators to since they have never played a home game and don't have a stadium.

At the moment I would rank Afghanistan as much higher than Scotland and Netherlands, close to par with Ireland, only marginally below Zimbabwe and even Bangladesh. And they have the potential to become a serious power in the future.

agree. but they will face the same problem as pakistan. NO home games. Pakistan may get away with that but for a developing cricketing nation it would be very hard

TimAus
June 12, 2012, 06:09 AM
agree. but they will face the same problem as pakistan. NO home games. Pakistan may get away with that but for a developing cricketing nation it would be very hard

It'll be an amazing story the first International played in Afghanistan, a true mark of the country's development. I would think that the public would be fairly accepting of not getting internationals at the moment. They would understand they live in a war zone.

cricket_king
June 12, 2012, 06:23 AM

I think he means that there aren't many "pure" Afghans playing cricket for the team, and I'd be inclined to agree considering a lot of members from their team are apparently Pakistani-born. Race/ethnicity can be a big issue in Asian regions, and I don't think too many Afghans will appreciate non-Afghans representing their country for a prolonged period of time.

Zunaid
June 12, 2012, 06:32 AM
I think he means that there aren't many "pure" Afghans playing cricket for the team, and I'd be inclined to agree considering a lot of members from their team are apparently Pakistani-born. Race/ethnicity can be a big issue in Asian regions, and I don't think too many Afghans will appreciate non-Afghans representing their country for a prolonged period of time.

They are Pakistani born not because they are Pakistani - they are Afghans who were born and grew up in the refugee camps in Pakistan where they picked up the game. They are all ethnically and nationally Pakistanis. Let's not demean a phenomenal achievement. The Afghans are not the UAE team of yore.

TimAus
June 12, 2012, 06:39 AM

I don't know if cricinfo is lying or not but they've been reliable in the past. According to them every player on the team is Afghan born, even if they've spent time in Pakistan which many have. Everything I've read so far says that cricket's popularity is spreading very quickly

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/527754.html
"Now the name of each player is known in every street and alleyway of Afghanistan. And as players we want nothing more than to be successful for our country. Cricket is so popular now that people feel proud naming their babies "Karim Sadiq" or after some other Afghan player. People stay up all night listening to our matches on the radio. Even people who don't understand cricket pray for our success."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/afghanistan/content/story/477180.html
"Cricket is now more popular than the bullet in Afghanistan and I am moved by the interest and the available talent in Afghanistan," Latif told AFP

http://www.espncricinfo.com/afghanistan/content/story/552703.html
"From a standing start, cricket is already arguably the most popular sport in Afghanistan, with around 50,000 participants, and crowds of up to 5000 watch domestic matches."

BANFAN
June 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
@ TimAus: I understand that my comments might sound a bit too harsh, but having lived in Afg since 2004-2011 and still paying occasional visits in 3/4 months, I think I have spoken too much close to the reality. I don't know what CI says, but if you see one group huddling with cricket bat and ball in entire Kabul city, you will see 50 groups playing football on the streets and fields. Media picks what it wants to and there are very few to verify and challenge, just like the stories of Taliban and security myths spread by media.

What I wanted to mean is that, a nation completely ignorant of a game and with almost zero infrastructures shouldn't be able to maintain a constant supply of players with improved skills and as such it is supposed to embrace the natural death. Unless there is a miracle.

@ Zunaid: No I was not talking about the Afghans born in refugee camps. They are real Pakistanis. Ethnic Pashtuns had been splitter by the Durand line long before, but they shares same language and culture like Bengal does. But two facts make big difference between Bangalis of both sides and Pashtuns. 1) they share same religion, while we mostly don't and 2) they were very loosely bonded, self administered FATA territories.

Even the Pashtuns of these tribal areas don't need to have a passport or visa to cross borders on either side, although that situation is changing these days, but slowly. As a result almost all of these Pashtuns on either side has dual passports/National IDs. Almost all Pashun employees I have/had were from Pak, but with Afg PP and they identify themselves as it is convenient for that situation. But with the improvement of law and order situations and increasing anti Pak sentiments of Afghan population, there is pressure on Pakistani Pashtuns to leave Afg and not reap the benefits depriving lesser skilled Afghans. All concerned authorities are tightening up the free flow of Pakistani Pashtuns these days. So the chances of Peshawari Pashtun cricketers playing for Afg will keep shrinking. Afg had to entertain them initially to make a viable team. If the Afg border closes with Pakistan like other international borders, all Pak Pashtuns will return to their side, because they ultimately prefer Pak over Afg at this moment.

Yes, their situation isn't exactly like UAE, since foreigners are more easily identifiable in UAE side than Afg side.

Yes, if there is a international cricket match ever in Afg, that will create huge media buzz for understandable reasons and will also create local interest due to the fact that this will be a rare occasion for Afghanistan. But question is how long that will last? None will go to watch the local teams playing... Even Afghanistan doesn't have a culture of buying a ticket for any sports what so ever. Their stadium/grounds gets filled up during very popular BuzKashi games, but even that's free... So it will be very hard for the board to bring in cricket ignorant people to watch a cricket match with money or raise revenue to survive. Current subsidies from international communities won't last forever and won't give them enough to build their infrastructure.

UK Military is helping them by making practice pitches and arranging matches for the national team, but these are all PR moves due to their presence in Afg... Are likely to be reduced with their withdrawal ..

So from any angle you look at their cricket... It doesn't look to have a future to me.

Well, capitalizing on Afghan cricket teams recent success to show progress and peace due to to military intervention...is a creation of Media... You will start seeing a better picture after US withdrawal. Since all PR campaigns will basically run put of funds.

Well, I'm happy for the success of the team, but if the elements we look for in any other country to assess their chances of development in future, are essential... These Are basically absent in Afg and won't be there in any miraculous ways soon. So how can one be optimistic of the future? So despite all sympathy for the war torn country...they have a monumental task of establishing a cricketing culture from no where, makes me talk so bluntly negative about their future. But off course miracles happen and I will be happy to see them developing and emerging as a major cricketing nation, defying the prevailing conventional wisdom of the experts of the entire cricketing world.

akabir77
June 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks banfan for sharing your real life knowledge on Afghans with us. this tells/shows that what know from media is close to nothing what actually is happening. Hope people starts to really less on media and do their research before forming their minds...

CricketPagolChele
June 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
@ TimAus: I understand that my comments might sound a bit too harsh, but having lived in Afg since 2004-2011 and still paying occasional visits in 3/4 months, I think I have spoken too much close to the reality. I don't know what CI says, but if you see one group huddling with cricket bat and ball in entire Kabul city, you will see 50 groups playing football on the streets and fields. Media picks what it wants to and there are very few to verify and challenge, just like the stories of Taliban and security myths spread by media.

What I wanted to mean is that, a nation completely ignorant of a game and with almost zero infrastructures shouldn't be able to maintain a constant supply of players with improved skills and as such it is supposed to embrace the natural death. Unless there is a miracle.

@ Zunaid: No I was not talking about the Afghans born in refugee camps. They are real Pakistanis. Ethnic Pashtuns had been splitter by the Durand line long before, but they shares same language and culture like Bengal does. But two facts make big difference between Bangalis of both sides and Pashtuns. 1) they share same religion, while we mostly don't and 2) they were very loosely bonded, self administered FATA territories.

Even the Pashtuns of these tribal areas don't need to have a passport or visa to cross borders on either side, although that situation is changing these days, but slowly. As a result almost all of these Pashtuns on either side has dual passports/National IDs. Almost all Pashun employees I have/had were from Pak, but with Afg PP and they identify themselves as it is convenient for that situation. But with the improvement of law and order situations and increasing anti Pak sentiments of Afghan population, there is pressure on Pakistani Pashtuns to leave Afg and not reap the benefits depriving lesser skilled Afghans. All concerned authorities are tightening up the free flow of Pakistani Pashtuns these days. So the chances of Peshawari Pashtun cricketers playing for Afg will keep shrinking. Afg had to entertain them initially to make a viable team. If the Afg border closes with Pakistan like other international borders, all Pak Pashtuns will return to their side, because they ultimately prefer Pak over Afg at this moment.

Yes, their situation isn't exactly like UAE, since foreigners are more easily identifiable in UAE side than Afg side.

Yes, if there is a international cricket match ever in Afg, that will create huge media buzz for understandable reasons and will also create local interest due to the fact that this will be a rare occasion for Afghanistan. But question is how long that will last? None will go to watch the local teams playing... Even Afghanistan doesn't have a culture of buying a ticket for any sports what so ever. Their stadium/grounds gets filled up during very popular BuzKashi games, but even that's free... So it will be very hard for the board to bring in cricket ignorant people to watch a cricket match with money or raise revenue to survive. Current subsidies from international communities won't last forever and won't give them enough to build their infrastructure.

UK Military is helping them by making practice pitches and arranging matches for the national team, but these are all PR moves due to their presence in Afg... Are likely to be reduced with their withdrawal ..

So from any angle you look at their cricket... It doesn't look to have a future to me.

Well, capitalizing on Afghan cricket teams recent success to show progress and peace due to to military intervention...is a creation of Media... You will start seeing a better picture after US withdrawal. Since all PR campaigns will basically run put of funds.

Well, I'm happy for the success of the team, but if the elements we look for in any other country to assess their chances of development in future, are essential... These Are basically absent in Afg and won't be there in any miraculous ways soon. So how can one be optimistic of the future? So despite all sympathy for the war torn country...they have a monumental task of establishing a cricketing culture from no where, makes me talk so bluntly negative about their future. But off course miracles happen and I will be happy to see them developing and emerging as a major cricketing nation, defying the prevailing conventional wisdom of the experts of the entire cricketing world.

very well said, couldn't agree more. at this moment AFG is a hype. they are nothing more than Pakistan A team. they are growing up in Pakistan, in Pakistani cricket culture with other Pakistanis. so naturally they would be stronger than any other associate countries. let's see how many real afgans from real afgan territories can lead and be still a stronger side. I don't know if people remembered abou UAE.in one ICC tournament they were very stronger side and beat Bangladesh with the help of Pakistani and indian born players. now look at them.....

zsayeed
June 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
In any worn torn country there is diaspora. It is Afgahnistan's privilege, mind you privilege, to delare their nationality under such circumstance. Look at Israel. No one complains of that. Can they?

PS: Any person born to a Jewish mother; irrespective of Father's religion, is considered an Israeli national, irrespective of birth place. That is Israel's privilege. Now it only needs to be extrapolated to Language and Culture.

max410
June 13, 2012, 01:01 AM
Ireland tour will be tough for Bd due to conditions if it was Bd local condition Bd will have the advantage .
Other teams such as Afghanistan , Ireland are coming up Bd needs to move forward as well this is the time when Bd really move forward in the rankings its about time we restructure our cricket .
pretty soon Ireland will get test status.

al Furqaan
June 13, 2012, 11:24 AM

I think the Afghans and even the Irish and Zimbabwe are a fair bit behind us, judging on our Asia Cup form.

But Afghan cricket fanbase seems to be growing...their facebook group has more members than Bangladesh's. They, like us are hungry for any kind of success or recognition.

playmaker
June 14, 2012, 05:04 AM
Afghans are still minnows and still weaker than Ireland, Zimbabwe and netherland. They act as if they cant take down big teams anytime but yet they have not performed to that level. At least netherlands have had some good performances, they had the chance to beat England nevertheless played well, they also did well against india a bit and also ireland though undone by that brilliant century by stirling.

Let afghanistan beat teams in the big picture, then they can talk about their SO-CALLED potential

Nadim
June 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
Watch out for Striling.This guy is in best form of his life. Was @ Lords yesterday and boy the shots he played yesterday was just World class specially those one against D. Nannes. :notworthy::clap:

MSM B2C
June 17, 2012, 11:32 AM
Danger Man On form: 53*, 54*, 33! (Gary Wilson) Irish Player!

^ He plays for Surrey in the current Friends T20 English League. ^

Should keep an eye on him!

Kohli_Sox
June 17, 2012, 01:28 PM
Looks ike all Irish players are in form

Sohel
June 17, 2012, 11:21 PM
Shakib will be here to bail our behinds out during this series, so I'm pretty confident.

MSM B2C
June 19, 2012, 04:55 AM
Paul Stirling on Top Form Man!!!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/engine/current/match/542649.html

He scored 71 of 49 balls against Hampshire. Looks dangerous!

Sovik
June 22, 2012, 07:14 AM
Why the hell they couldn't tour Ireland when I was there

naim519
June 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
are the players going to not fast during Ramadan?
lol just saying...

BANFAN
June 23, 2012, 09:55 AM
So countdown for Ireland starts ... How much time do we need to adjust to their conditions?

TigerEz
June 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
So countdown for Ireland starts ... How much time do we need to adjust to their conditions?

about 10 matches!

Sovik
June 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
You never get used to the Irish Weather.

playmaker
June 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
it will be an interesting series, hoping that mominul and sabbir gets a chance

Eshen
June 23, 2012, 01:39 PM
Ireland is a decent T20 team, and we generally suck in this version. I won't be too upset if we lose a match, but hope to win the series.

Eshen
June 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hmmm...........

BANFAN
June 23, 2012, 01:49 PM

It will be difficult tour...we should have the same team from Zim.... At least they will be mentally alert/ready to adjust quickly.....new guys will use up too much time ...

MSM B2C
June 23, 2012, 02:38 PM
Probable Squad for Ireland Tour:

1) Tamim Iqbal
2) Mohammed Ashraful
3) Anamul Haque
4) Shakib Al Hasan
5) Mushfiqur Rahim
6) Nasir Hossain
7) Mahmudullah Riad
8) Ziaur Rahman
9) Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
10) Abdur Razzak
11) Abul Hasan

12th Man: Elias Sunny (Might miss out)

TigerEz
June 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
YO guys, ESPN3 or whatever that is, televise the Australia vs Ireland ODi....so any possibility of them televising the 3 T20s of Bangladesh vs Ireland???? PRAY PRAY PRAY

Night_wolf
June 24, 2012, 01:25 AM
It will be difficult tour...we should have the same team from Zim.... At least they will be mentally alert/ready to adjust quickly.....new guys will use up too much time ...

somebody has to go since shakib will come back..i say give anamul a brake and let him play with the u19 to prepare for the under 19 WC

Eshen
June 24, 2012, 01:45 AM
IMO, it's pretty obvious who should make place for Shakib - Zia. As a bits and piece allrounder, don't think he adds much value even to the T20 team. If not him, then Reza.

BANFAN
June 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
IMO, it's pretty obvious who should make place for Shakib - Zia. As a bits and piece allrounder, don't think he adds much value even to the T20 team. If not him, then Reza.

It should be Reza, because with all his ugliness) he (Zia) is still much better than Reza. Reza sucks in all three department.

Ajfar
June 24, 2012, 09:31 AM
I was just looking through some of the BPL scorecard and looked like Abul took some serious beating on few of the games. I'm just wondering what is the basis of his inclusion?

Saifulsohel
June 24, 2012, 10:21 AM
I was just looking through some of the BPL scorecard and looked like Abul took some serious beating on few of the games. I'm just wondering what is the basis of his inclusion?

on same basis as Shafiul/rubel plays.Ahead of nazmul altime.

zinatf
June 24, 2012, 10:36 AM
Tigers better get themselves used to the European conditions once they land there and this time please no initial HICCUPS!

Kohli_Sox
June 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
Over the years, unfortunately we start all series by losing one or two games; then turn around- sometimes it becomes too late, sometimes just at the nick of time, hoping we'll get straight into groove and start winning right from the word go but this might be difficult in Irish conditions

simon
June 24, 2012, 11:06 AM
isn't the Euro tour the only T20 tournament before the T20 cup?

in that case we shouldn't experiment, we need to stick to our best eleven.
Sakib & hopefuly TI will be back,Nazmul ,Phorhad should be given more chances.
it will be tricky to chose between nayok Raj Rajjak & E.Kanchon once Sakib Khan joins the team.
or better we keep all three spinners above as Anamul will be out anyway.

playmaker
June 24, 2012, 11:13 AM

Same here. Ive never seen him bowl well anywhere. Did he have good stats in DPL. BPL? I didnt see so. And we give him a chance? Why? Because he is a promising cricket?

What message is our cricket board giving to all the players in the country? That if you are young and show some hint of promise you will get to play match ahead of others who have much better stats than you? I saw him bowl in BPL and he was simply aweful..in 1 match he got few lucky wickets and thats that. Even in the triangular tournament I found it weird how a pacer was bowling continuous Short bowls to batsman who are good pullers.

gotta feel for nazmul. He is definitely better than shafiul, abul, al-amin, shahadat atm. He got us important break-through in the last 2 matches in the asia cup. Shakib might have got the AMMA award but if Nazmul didnt get the important breakthroughs we wudve been chasing something like 260-270 in 40 overs, something I srsly doubt our team can chase. Enuff said. And everytime we see this ordinary bowlers getting a chance in place of him :facepalm::facepalm: everytime

Gowza
June 24, 2012, 11:21 AM
if we are looking for pacers i think al amin and babu would be good picks, both have done well with the ball over the last year.

KaaL-PurusH
June 24, 2012, 11:53 AM
Same here. Ive never seen him bowl well anywhere. Did he have good stats in DPL. BPL? I didnt see so. And we give him a chance? Why? Because he is a promising cricket?

What message is our cricket board giving to all the players in the country? That if you are young and show some hint of promise you will get to play match ahead of others who have much better stats than you? I saw him bowl in BPL and he was simply aweful..in 1 match he got few lucky wickets and thats that. Even in the triangular tournament I found it weird how a pacer was bowling continuous Short bowls to batsman who are good pullers.

gotta feel for nazmul. He is definitely better than shafiul, abul, al-amin, shahadat atm. He got us important break-through in the last 2 matches in the asia cup. Shakib might have got the AMMA award but if Nazmul didnt get the important breakthroughs we wudve been chasing something like 260-270 in 40 overs, something I srsly doubt our team can chase. Enuff said. And everytime we see this ordinary bowlers getting a chance in place of him :facepalm::facepalm: everytime

[বাংলা][বাংলা]Q: What is the selection criteria for pacers in BD??[/বাংলা][/বাংলা]

Ans: Before team selection, our selectors invite all the potential pacer in the net and ask them to bowl to selectors. Whoever the selector find difficult to play in that net session they select him for national XI :wave:

Max100
June 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
Abul hasan was thrashed in under 19 level also. I wouldn't select him even for a team

Max100
June 24, 2012, 01:24 PM
if we are looking for pacers i think al amin and babu would be good picks, both have done well with the ball over the last year.

They are Not ready yet. I will say may be shubhashis roy

Saifulsohel
June 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
Team management say abul is quickest Bd bowler. Law also praised him as law & he was in same team in bpl.

Saifulsohel
June 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
They are Not ready yet. I will say may be shubhashis roy

shuvashis roy is a mediocre pacer of 125-130 kmh

al-Sagar
June 24, 2012, 04:30 PM
time to conquer Belfast

TigerEz
June 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
our players going straight to Belfast or they coming home first?

Kohli_Sox
June 24, 2012, 04:48 PM
If I have to guess from what I had seen in TV, I would say Abul hits roughly 135 max. Mostly 132-134. One bowl may be 137-138 in an over

Ian Pont
June 24, 2012, 05:06 PM
Team management say abul is quickest Bd bowler. Law also praised him as law & he was in same team in bpl.

I was surprised by that recommendation after the BPL. He played 5 matches and took just 3 wickets for 156 runs with an economy rate of 12 per over.

I really hope he develops into a great player. But playing in front of a proven bowler like Nazmul is very, very odd.

CricketPagolChele
June 24, 2012, 05:20 PM
I can't believe Bangladesh is the most hated cricket country outside Bangladesh. in every cricket match, whether Bangladesh plays or not, Bangladesh bashing contniues, even today zim beat south Africa and won the series, but Bangladesh basing were there. why ? can someone answer that? not a single Bangladesh win was not given due credit, instead they find fault in other lost team.

banindfan
June 24, 2012, 11:03 PM
SOURCE : CRICINFO

Why Ireland deserve Test status
Ireland have lost just three times in previous three years to non-Test playing nations © Getty Images
By Martin Jones, the UK

This is a question that has been floating around for several years: should Ireland be given Test status? There are no guaranteed parameters for Test status. South Africa's first Tests were not assigned as such until many years after they were played. Bangladesh gained Test status after only three ODI wins – two against sides that did not play Test cricket. The fact that they had lost 27 matches against Test nations before the last of those three wins did not matter, and nor apparently did the fact that they lost their next 45 completed matches until a solitary win by eight runs against Zimbabwe, 18 years on from their inaugural appearance.

Ireland have played 33 completed ODIs against Test-quality opposition so far, won five of them and tied one. At the same stage in their development, Zimbabwe had won two and tied one, so Ireland have outperformed the two most recently promoted teams.

In the last three years they have been defeated just three times in ODIs by their fellow Associates and Affiliates, and are well ahead of the chasing pack. In the longer form of the game, Ireland have been consistently bagging solid results, despite the fact that they often have to do without their stronger players who are on county duty. Clearly, the quality of the cricketers being produced by the emerald isle is not a problem.

The next argument against Ireland's elevation is lack of suitable stadia. Ireland currently host their home matches at Stormont in Belfast and Clontarf in Dublin. Both stadia boast a capacity of over 5,000 spectators for internationals, but the jewel in the crown is currently under construction in Malahide. The new stadium, fondly named 'The Village', is planned to have a capacity of over 10,000 and will be ready to host England as soon as September next year. Once The Village has been completed, Ireland will be able to spread their fixtures between three top quality venues.

Finally, and most significantly, Ireland has no domestic first-class structure in place. This is both easily remedied and easily overlooked. Ireland's chief executive, Warren Deutrom has outlined a plan to establish a provincial first-class structure, although the plans are currently embryonic. A quicker plan to implement might be to establish three Irish teams, and to invite the Dutch and Scottish A teams to bolster numbers. Ireland would then be able to implement a five-team domestic structure along the lines of the one in Zimbabwe. It should also be noted that Bangladesh received their Test status before their first-class competition was properly established. Only in the season following their first Test match, did the National Cricket League become a first-class competition.

All of these plans could be implemented as soon as next year, with the completion of the Malahide stadium. If the Irish team gets the dozen ODIs they want to play against Full Members, then they can build up to Test status, which could be granted in 2013 or 2014, and would reward the hard work and firm organisation shown by Cricket Ireland since they burst onto the scene in 2007.

And if they take time to find their feet, stick with them. Every team in history has struggled with the step up to Test cricket.

Kohli_Sox
June 24, 2012, 11:25 PM
If they can arrange National Cricket League every year, I don't see any problem having test status. Almost every test nation struggled at first to cope with Test, sooner or later everyone found their feet. With Test status, it will only help Irish to grow as cricketing nation. Plus many Irish players already are playing in County cricket.

Sohel
June 24, 2012, 11:43 PM
My XI for the Ireland tour will be:

1. Tamim
2. M:facepalm:tin
3. Imr:facepalm:ze or Bij:-/y
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Nasir
7. Mushfique
8. Gia/Phorhad
9. sMashrafe
10. Sunny
11. Nazmul

If new players are allowed to join Shakib for the tour, I'd go with Shouraubh in place of either Imr:facepalm:ze/Bij:-/y and Rumman in place of Gia/Phorhad.

jamal451230
June 25, 2012, 02:05 AM
just hope chanel 9 will brodcast the match , anyways for now here what we can do , plz everyone kindly request channel 9 to brodcast all the europe match at http://www.channelninebd.tv/channel9/contact.html , things might work out prtty well if everyone send them a request thanks

M.H.Rubel
June 25, 2012, 05:02 AM
[বাংলা][বাংলা]Q: What is the selection criteria for pacers in BD??[/বাংলা][/বাংলা]

Ans: Before team selection, our selectors invite all the potential pacer in the net and ask them to bowl to selectors. Whoever the selector find difficult to play in that net session they select him for national XI :wave:

Lol jotil hoise .

shakibrulz
June 25, 2012, 06:39 AM
It should be Reza, because with all his ugliness) he (Zia) is still much better than Reza. Reza sucks in all three department.

Yeah this. At least Zia has a good build and can play the wild slogs - Reza looks crap.

shakibrulz
June 25, 2012, 06:42 AM
Is it the same squad for euro tour?

BD Rox
June 25, 2012, 06:47 AM
Is it the same squad for euro tour?
Don't think so. I just read Akram Khan's latest interview, in which he said 70/80% of the squad's going to be the same.

Out_You_Go
June 25, 2012, 10:10 AM
our players going straight to Belfast or they coming home first?

Pardon my ignorance..but is your avatar of Sonakshi Sinha's?

Jadukor
June 26, 2012, 07:56 AM
Don't think so. I just read Akram Khan's latest interview, in which he said 70/80% of the squad's going to be the same.

Any links to the interview?

Saifulsohel
June 26, 2012, 09:04 AM
Any links to the interview?

he told to PA a fèw days ago.He told without Shakib,tamim,shafiul, rubel he is almost satisfied with the result..

BANFAN
June 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
Do we have the tour schedule yet? When is the first match??

TigerEz
June 26, 2012, 09:48 PM
Mon Jul 16 Ireland XI v Bangladeshis
Venue TBC
Wed Jul 18
17:00 local | 16:00 GMT
12:00 EDT | 11:00 CDT | 09:00 PDT 1st T20I - Ireland v Bangladesh
Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast
Fri Jul 20
12:00 EDT | 11:00 CDT | 09:00 PDT 2nd T20I - Ireland v Bangladesh
Sat Jul 21
16:00 local | 15:00 GMT
11:00 EDT | 10:00 CDT | 08:00 PDT 3rd T20I - Ireland v Bangladesh
Tue Jul 24 Only T20I - Bangladesh v Scotland
Sportpark Westvliet, The Hague
Wed Jul 25 Only T20I - Netherlands v Bangladesh

Jadukor
June 26, 2012, 10:33 PM
he told to PA a fèw days ago.He told without Shakib,tamim,shafiul, rubel he is almost satisfied with the result..

Thanks for the info bro

Nadim
June 27, 2012, 12:18 PM
I can't wait!!! Chorai link, here I come;)

mac
June 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
I can't wait!!! Chorai link, here I come;)

Will the tour be televised?

MohammedC
June 27, 2012, 01:06 PM
As far as I know this tour won't be televised.

BANFAN
June 27, 2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks.

Can we have the countdown on BC ..? Looks like BC is still on hangover of Zim Tri Series..

Mon Jul 16 Ireland XI v Bangladeshis
Venue TBC
Wed Jul 18
12:00 EDT | 11:00 CDT | 09:00 PDT 1st T20I - Ireland v Bangladesh
Fri Jul 20
12:00 EDT | 11:00 CDT | 09:00 PDT 2nd T20I - Ireland v Bangladesh
Sat Jul 21
16:00 local | 15:00 GMT
11:00 EDT | 10:00 CDT | 08:00 PDT 3rd T20I - Ireland v Bangladesh
Tue Jul 24 Only T20I - Bangladesh v Scotland
Wed Jul 25 Only T20I - Netherlands v Bangladesh

Saifulsohel
June 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
“Our expectations were never high on the young players rather we believe that we have to be patient and give them enough time to make sure they can make the adjustment with the highest level of the game. Anamul, [Abul Hasan] Raju and Zia[Ziaur Rahman] all tried their best in Zimbabwe,” said Akram.
“We must make a few changes inthe team as Shakib is returning after the break and there is a good chance we can get back Shafiul for the tour. You know Shakib is a big factor for our team but still without him the team performance was not bad in Zimbabwe though they failed to fulfill my expectations,” observed the chief selector. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=240027

Zeeshan
June 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
Pardon my ignorance..but is your avatar of Sonakshi Sinha's?

If ignorance is NOT recognizing C-grade Bollywood actresses, then it surely must be bliss.

Only1raz
June 28, 2012, 03:41 AM
As these matches are being used as warm up for the world cup I would keep majority of the squad that was involved in the Zimbabwe tri-series and make the below changes to see how others with potential perform.

Shakib Al Hasan in for Farhad Reza
Mominul Haque in for Jahurul Islam
Alauddin Babu in for Abul Hasan
Arafat Sunny in for Elias Sunny

Shakib is an obvious guarantee to happen. Most of us would love to see Mominul get a chance with the senior side after having a good year on the domestic circuit. I’d like to see how Alauddin Babu fares as well as we don’t really have any decent pacing all-rounder’s and Zia’s position in the team is still questionable and having Babu there might make him work harder knowing there’s completion. Finally Arafat Sunny was awesome in the BPL and I really believe his a better option than Elias Sunny in the shorter version of the games (one day & T20) so would love to see how he performs plus you can’t replace him with Razzak as like it or not his place is a guarantee.

playmaker
June 28, 2012, 04:07 AM
plz plz some1 televise the series

If Aus ODI cudve been televised why not this series? afterall there are many viewers from BD + Its T20

max410
June 28, 2012, 11:54 PM
the series will be 2-1 2 for bd 1 for Irish i am sure it wotn be a clean sweep for Bd cricket team irish are improving Bd improves 1 step then comes down 2 steps

TigerEz
June 29, 2012, 12:04 AM
^^^ cant agree mate sorry!

We're gonna loose the first match but then dominate the next 2 matches! We're gonna win the last 2 games with some huge margin! Records are gonna be torn apart!

Mridul
June 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
The way Stirling batting, I wont be surprised we if lose all the games against Ireland. We may also lose against Netherland.

TigerEz
June 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
y not scotland??? remember that ICC world t20 match of scotland vs newzealand? scotland was on fire!

playmaker
June 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
I think both team are neck and neck, but its gonna be interesting to see which team plays better on the given day and remember this is T20, where even the 2nd string side of SA loses to Zimbos twice in a week.

BD Rox
June 30, 2012, 01:14 PM
The way Stirling batting, I wont be surprised we if lose all the games against Ireland. We may also lose against Netherland.

y not scotland??? remember that ICC world t20 match of scotland vs newzealand? scotland was on fire!

Bhai amra shob harmu, chinta koiren na.
:D
:flag:

BANFAN
July 1, 2012, 05:01 PM

It's really surprising for me to see such comments from fans, basing on just starlings batting...!!! Do you know your team whom you support !!!

Rifat
July 2, 2012, 02:29 AM
It's really surprising for me to see such comments from fans, basing on just starlings batting...!!! Do you know your team whom you support !!!

Mridul bhai has a history of always expecting the worst from our team...nothing really new :)

I guess it keeps the balance in the forum, a group of fans who are always overconfident + a group of fans who are always pessimistic. It adds some flavor and diversity to the forum don't you think? If everybody thought exactly the same thing and said exactly the same things, visiting and reading this site won't be as fun now would it?

cricheart
July 2, 2012, 06:09 AM
I was just wondering with the ranking predictor tool, how much ranking points Bangladesh can achieve with optimism by beating teams like Ireland, Scotland, Holland in coming tour. Frankly I'm surprised to find out that these 5 wins could actually take us up to 4th place; in fact possible 3rd with the predicted result with India beating SriLanka at 7th August. This means a rank position over teams like India, Pakistan, Australia!
Currently (with only 3 T20I) we are not even in official rank table due to lack of minimum 8 t20 games past yr. This is optimistic but I would say fairly achievable which can leap up by 7 ranking position with just one tour. In opposite circumstances, for losing all fives we will go down to 14th place under Scotland and ahead of Canada.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/x94at.jpg

Naimul_Hd
July 2, 2012, 06:57 AM
^^^ what ??? winning 5 T20s against Ireland, Netherland and Scotland will take us to #4 ?? Hows that possible ??

Naimul_Hd
July 2, 2012, 07:07 AM
I was just wondering with the ranking predictor tool, how much ranking points Bangladesh can achieve with optimism by beating teams like Ireland, Scotland, Holland in coming tour. Frankly I'm surprised to find out that these 5 wins could actually take us up to 4th place; in fact possible 3rd with the predicted result with India beating SriLanka at 7th August. This means a rank position over teams like India, Pakistan, Australia!
Currently (with only 3 T20I) we are not even in official rank table due to lack of minimum 8 t20 games past yr. This is optimistic but I would say fairly achievable which can leap up by 7 ranking position with just one tour. In opposite circumstances, for losing all fives we will go down to 14th place under Scotland and ahead of Canada.

Edit : F me !!!!

Actually you are right !!!! Holly Cow !!!!

Roni_uk
July 2, 2012, 07:40 AM
Oh no .. someone please cancel this tour. There is a big possibility that we might go down to 14 :D

MohammedC
July 2, 2012, 07:46 AM
Oh no .. someone please cancel this tour. There is a big possibility that we might go down to 14 :D

Roni_uk = Lotus

BANFAN
July 2, 2012, 02:59 PM
Good team .... Just saw the tweet

MohammedC
July 5, 2012, 02:10 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6h9fSvzSP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Navo
July 5, 2012, 05:30 PM
Notice how Jurgensen hits Shakib with the clipboard at 0:05 because he was running too slowly...

MohammedC
July 5, 2012, 06:55 PM
Notice how Jurgensen hits Shakib with the clipboard at 0:05 because he was running too slowly...

Thats Grant Luden (The unsung hero of Bangladesh Coaching Team)

all_rounder
July 5, 2012, 07:51 PM
Why Jahrul Islam? He has failed every single time. Nazmul Hossain is ordianry too.

TigerEz
July 5, 2012, 07:59 PM
Nazmul is ordinary??????????? Hay Allah@

BengaliPagol
July 5, 2012, 08:31 PM
Why Jahrul Islam? He has failed every single time. Nazmul Hossain is ordianry too.

You made me laugh.

SS
July 5, 2012, 09:21 PM
Practice started good and I believe due to the weather they are not playing outside...few things BCB never can do it properly
1) Create similar environment/pitches that will be used in tours
2) Organize "real practice" matches by creating teams (e.g. BD Red, BD green) and also shuffle players to find out combinations
3) Create boot camp and conditioning camp to make the unfit players fit

zahidnyc
July 6, 2012, 02:27 AM

bro i cant find the website , its not showing up anymore

Farhad
July 6, 2012, 03:05 AM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6h9fSvzSP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is that Rubel with Shakib @1:03? :o

MohammedC
July 6, 2012, 03:32 AM
Is that Rubel with Shakib @1:03? :o

Yes it is Rubel. He is back in fitness training but still yet to bowl.

playmaker
July 6, 2012, 03:44 AM
lol @ grant luden hitting shakib with a clip-board...me gusta

Farhad
July 6, 2012, 03:34 PM
Yes it is Rubel. He is back in fitness training but still yet to bowl.

Terrific! Wasn't expecting him to be doing much of anything until October after that operation in April. Hopefully he can make it back in time for the cup.

deshimon
July 7, 2012, 04:24 AM

This ranking system is funny. There is no stability in this ranking system.

simon
July 7, 2012, 07:35 AM
Rubel phitness pash korle ki Ireland e jabe naki ? :confused:

Navo
July 7, 2012, 07:58 AM
Thats Grant Luden (The unsung hero of Bangladesh Coaching Team)

Sorry, you're right (on both counts)

TigerEz
July 7, 2012, 11:55 AM
whoos ready for pics???

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291533_339216266156497_817435452_o.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/484574_339216309489826_775091608_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580743_339216392823151_117401772_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/581946_339216336156490_1942350241_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318893_339216426156481_599050514_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582638_339216409489816_1030143256_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/403818_339216442823146_738540364_n.jpg

TigerEz
July 7, 2012, 11:57 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/552620_339216436156480_223032135_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548307_339216462823144_1495293290_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/603475_339216482823142_2025667054_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/484023_339216492823141_1908663141_n.jpg

zahidnyc
July 7, 2012, 10:26 PM
thanks for the pic , but anyone has any news about the broadcasting issue , it will be really sad if these matches are not televised while they televised the unofficial series

Ajfar
July 7, 2012, 11:52 PM
Rubel phitness pash korle ki Ireland e jabe naki ? :confused:

no probably not, he is just practicing with the team to get his fitness back

TigerEz
July 7, 2012, 11:55 PM
Hey! wth going on??? Machranga TV saying that BD national team has won the toss vs Bd A team.....is there a match going on that we dont know about?

TigerEz
July 7, 2012, 11:57 PM
Abdur Razzak will not go with others in UK.Aftar completing formalities,he will leave for UK on 13th july.RAZZAK'S marriage is on 10th july.His wife name is ISRAT JAHAN ANI.

Naimul_Hd
July 8, 2012, 08:46 AM
Bangladesh aim for T20 ranking spot

ESPNcricinfo staff
July 8, 2012
Comments: 18 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html#comments) | Login via (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html#fcomments) http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/connect_fb_icon.png (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html#fcomments) | Text size: A | A
<table style="margin-top:5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"> <tbody><tr> <td height="1" width="10">
</td> <td class="phototbl"> http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119400/119428.2.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="stryPicCptn" id="stryPicCptn"> Bangladesh expect a tough challenge in foreign conditions <nobr> © Grameenphone </nobr>
</td> </tr> <tr><td class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn"> Enlarge </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> Related Links
News : Ireland to host Bangladesh T20 series (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/571456.html)
News : Shakib, Shafiul return for Ireland T20s (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/570815.html)
Players/Officials: Mushfiqur Rahim (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56029.html)
Series/Tournaments: Bangladesh tour of Ireland and Netherlands (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/series/567068.html)
Teams: Bangladesh (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/team/25.html)

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Bangladesh have a chance of breaking into the ICC Twenty20 team rankings (http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/current/page/211271.html) during their upcoming tour of Ireland and Netherlands, where they'll play five T20 internationals. Bangladesh, who have played only six T20Is since August 2009 (the T20 tri-series in Zimbabwe was an unofficial series), are not ranked as they need a minimum of eight games in the three-year period. They lost five of their six matches and their only win (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/531982.html) came against West Indies last year in Dhaka.

"We know our record in T20 cricket (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=start;s panmax1=08+Jul+2012;spanmin1=08+Jul+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;temp) is not good. We are still not good in the new format of the game," Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56029.html) told the Daily Star. "Due to lack of international matches we are not in the ICC T20 international rankings while even Afghanistan occupy a spot."
Bangladesh are scheduled to play three matches against Ireland in Belfast and a match each against Scotland and Netherlands in The Hague.
"We have a chance to break into the table if we can win matches on this tour. So it's a very good opportunity for us. The result was not as per our expectation on the recent tour of Zimbabwe but we are confident of winning the series against Ireland." Mushfiqur said. "Everybody has the self-confidence, but you know just self-confidence is not enough to win, rather you have to prove your skills. I believe everybody will be able to show their skills on the coming tour."

Bangladesh face a tough challenge in foreign conditions in which their record is poor. During their last tour to Ireland and Scotland in July 2010, Bangladesh lost an ODI each against Ireland and Netherlands. They also lost a match to Ireland during the World Twenty20 in England in 2009.

"Our experience against Ireland was not good at all, so this tour will not be an easy one for us. We don't have a good record away and you know we are going to play in different conditions. And you know in T20 cricket no one can be considered a big team. We may be favourites in the series but I believe Ireland are tough opponents."
The team will leave for the tour on July 11. The first T20I will be played in Belfast on July 18.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html

cricheart
July 8, 2012, 09:45 AM
^
hmm.. k. Now even CI reporting on BD ranking achievement, but instead just break into the table it skipped the predicted result for beating 5 matches there in Europe can make BD end up #3/4 spot. If this happens I'm sure ppl will start questioning this ranking system.

playmaker
July 8, 2012, 10:23 AM
Bangladesh aim for T20 ranking spot

ESPNcricinfo staff
July 8, 2012
Comments: 18 (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html#comments) | Login via (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html#fcomments) http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/connect_fb_icon.png (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html#fcomments) | Text size: A | A
<table style="margin-top:5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"> <tbody><tr> <td height="1" width="10">
</td> <td class="phototbl"> http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/119400/119428.2.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="stryPicCptn" id="stryPicCptn"> Bangladesh expect a tough challenge in foreign conditions <nobr> © Grameenphone </nobr>
</td> </tr> <tr><td class="stryEnlarge stryPicCptn"> Enlarge </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> Related Links
News : Ireland to host Bangladesh T20 series (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/571456.html)
News : Shakib, Shafiul return for Ireland T20s (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/570815.html)
Players/Officials: Mushfiqur Rahim (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56029.html)
Series/Tournaments: Bangladesh tour of Ireland and Netherlands (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/series/567068.html)
Teams: Bangladesh (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/team/25.html)

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Bangladesh have a chance of breaking into the ICC Twenty20 team rankings (http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/current/page/211271.html) during their upcoming tour of Ireland and Netherlands, where they'll play five T20 internationals. Bangladesh, who have played only six T20Is since August 2009 (the T20 tri-series in Zimbabwe was an unofficial series), are not ranked as they need a minimum of eight games in the three-year period. They lost five of their six matches and their only win (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/531982.html) came against West Indies last year in Dhaka.

"We know our record in T20 cricket (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=start;s panmax1=08+Jul+2012;spanmin1=08+Jul+2008;spanval1= span;team=25;temp) is not good. We are still not good in the new format of the game," Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/56029.html) told the Daily Star. "Due to lack of international matches we are not in the ICC T20 international rankings while even Afghanistan occupy a spot."
Bangladesh are scheduled to play three matches against Ireland in Belfast and a match each against Scotland and Netherlands in The Hague.
"We have a chance to break into the table if we can win matches on this tour. So it's a very good opportunity for us. The result was not as per our expectation on the recent tour of Zimbabwe but we are confident of winning the series against Ireland." Mushfiqur said. "Everybody has the self-confidence, but you know just self-confidence is not enough to win, rather you have to prove your skills. I believe everybody will be able to show their skills on the coming tour."

Bangladesh face a tough challenge in foreign conditions in which their record is poor. During their last tour to Ireland and Scotland in July 2010, Bangladesh lost an ODI each against Ireland and Netherlands. They also lost a match to Ireland during the World Twenty20 in England in 2009.

"Our experience against Ireland was not good at all, so this tour will not be an easy one for us. We don't have a good record away and you know we are going to play in different conditions. And you know in T20 cricket no one can be considered a big team. We may be favourites in the series but I believe Ireland are tough opponents."
The team will leave for the tour on July 11. The first T20I will be played in Belfast on July 18.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/571527.html

so true

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 11:42 AM
I dont have hope in this tour! we gonna get banged....

TigerEz
July 8, 2012, 11:53 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544483_429313120447109_266482779_n.jpg

btw, congratz!

zinatf
July 8, 2012, 11:53 AM
I dont have hope in this tour! we gonna get banged....

Quoting it for future reference :D

MohammedC
July 9, 2012, 12:42 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qAYHnOQXO9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MohammedC
July 9, 2012, 01:07 PM
http://www.banglanews24.com/images/PhotoGallery/2012June/Taiger-pix-120709-0420120709152816.jpg

HereWeGo
July 9, 2012, 01:14 PM
A little off topic but does anyone know who this guy this...
His name sounds Bangladeshi and playing for Somerset against South Africa

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-south-africa-2012/content/player/15358.html

Gemaal Maqsood Hussain...

TigerEz
July 9, 2012, 01:21 PM
^^ no he a pakistani

TigerEz
July 9, 2012, 06:53 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/555468_340022262742564_1311162069_n.jpg
mash flicking the batsmen off!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394575_340022289409228_1911289919_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/541527_340022319409225_440942357_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181326_340022332742557_1252247889_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394589_340022302742560_1473380036_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382490_340022249409232_112392834_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/523872_340022219409235_579207452_n.jpg

Antora
July 9, 2012, 08:47 PM
I love how Shakib has a cheeky smile in every photo =P

Thanks for sharing the photos TigerEz, they seem to be working hard...

Jadukor
July 9, 2012, 10:10 PM
Ash-Tamim was a good opening combination last series. Shakib-Nasir was another good combination in the Asia Cup. Now if Mushfiq and Mahmudullah can form a finishers partnership together then the batting puzzle of top six is complete for T-20.

Zunaid
July 9, 2012, 10:36 PM
Ash-Tamim was a good opening combination last series. Shakib-Nasir was another good combination in the Asia Cup. Now if Mushfiq and Mahmudullah can form a finishers partnership together then the batting puzzle of top six is complete for T-20.

Do ODI-T20 combinations translate? For example, I'm not sure I'd go for Ash-Tamim in ODIs.

kalpurush
July 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
Do ODI-T20 combinations translate? For example, I'm not sure I'd go for Ash-Tamim in ODIs.
I am still a fan od TI-Vimrul juti in ODI.

TI-Ash looks promosing in T20 though.

Jadukor
July 10, 2012, 12:36 PM
To me partnerships are a bit like chemistry between actor/actresses in a film. It sort of brings out the best in the individuals involved in the partnership like Dhoni-Raina, Inzi-Yousuf, Dravid-Laxman etc. I think in our cricket only Tamim and Shakib together has batted very well until recently (in Asia cup it was Nasir and Shak).

Ash hasn't done enough yet to be called back into ODI and that's why i mentioned T-20 for the moment.

Night_wolf
July 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544483_429313120447109_266482779_n.jpg

btw, congratz!

Ato kom boyose Bachar bap hoye jay r ami akhono akta GF jogar korte parlam na..dhik more:facepalm:

Tiger444
July 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
Ato kom boyose Bachar bap hoye jay r ami akhono akta GF jogar korte parlam na..dhik more:facepalm:

He's 27 bro. I wouldn't say its that young to have a kid at that age.

Tiger444
July 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
Congrats to Enamul btw.

TigerEz
July 10, 2012, 12:48 PM

he he he///hahha :floor::floor::floor::lol::lol::lol:

join teh club////

TigerEz
July 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/529187_494072663952752_1271785846_n.jpg

ooohhh LALA

Dhakablues
July 10, 2012, 02:20 PM
To me partnerships are a bit like chemistry between actor/actresses in a film. It sort of brings out the best in the individuals involved in the partnership like Dhoni-Raina, Inzi-Yousuf, Dravid-Laxman etc. I think in our cricket only Tamim and Shakib together has batted very well until recently (in Asia cup it was Nasir and Shak).

Ash hasn't done enough yet to be called back into ODI and that's why i mentioned T-20 for the moment.

Although, if (only if) he is finally consistent at the age of 27, THEORETICALLY speaking, imagine that combination,, Tamim and Ashraful ( eye-hand combination of 2005) in full gears, the master blasters.. That would be like the best opening pair we ever have had. Maybe Pybus, English county, age can finally fix Ashraful... And Wait, we already have few thousand threads, hopes, broken dreams and banned members due to this guy already..Nevermind

TigerEz
July 10, 2012, 06:02 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575819_340359639375493_507140662_n.jpg

Rifat
July 10, 2012, 06:11 PM
congrats Abdur Razzak :) May Allah put lots of Blessings, Happiness and success in your marriage both in this life and the hereafter. Everyone lookin' mad nice too...

Tiger444
July 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Congrats Razzak. I hope the marriage goes well.

RazabQ
July 10, 2012, 10:27 PM
TIK looks in decent (no-fat) shape.

Zeeshan
July 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
tik k inekta apnar moton lage dari rakhle taito? taito bolte chachen apni?

roman
July 10, 2012, 10:58 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/529187_494072663952752_1271785846_n.jpg

ooohhh LALA

Mashallah..Looking good. Congrats LaLa..

Naimul_Hd
July 11, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hope she teaches him the importance of different position variation in bowling. :)

Congrats to both of them. :)

Antora
July 11, 2012, 01:43 AM
What's with Bangladeshi brides and so much makeup :-|
But a very cute couple :) Congratz Raz!

btw didn't S. Shuvo get married too the other day (saw a pic on fb... or was that fake :S)?

playmaker
July 11, 2012, 04:41 AM
shakib, TIK, mushy, nasir, Imrul, junu, ashraful, rubel, nazmul, shafiul are still unmarried then :umm:

Equinox
July 11, 2012, 08:05 AM
Why is all this posted in the tour of Ireland thread :S

Isn't there an official Razzak thread? Congrats to Razzak regardless.

Equinox
July 11, 2012, 08:07 AM
On topic, when are they leaving for Ireland? I heard somewhere that it's today?

Equinox
July 11, 2012, 08:09 AM
TIK looks in decent (no-fat) shape.
I noticed that too. His face looks a lot leaner.

MohammedC
July 11, 2012, 08:10 AM
On topic, when are they leaving for Ireland? I heard somewhere that it's today?

They already left

simon
July 11, 2012, 10:46 AM
wow Razzaq married.
lovely..congratulations man.
I am sure he will ne a good obedient huzbend..never saw him angry..one of the nicest boys of the team.
ajkaal kar konera dekhi boro koira hashe biyer din e...agey ekta shomoy chilo meyera matha nicha koira rakhto ar niriho ekta bhab nito.

BANFAN
July 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
wow Razzaq married.
lovely..congratulations man.
I am sure he will ne a good obedient huzbend..never saw him angry..one of the nicest boys of the team.
ajkaal kar konera dekhi boro koira hashe biyer din e...agey ekta shomoy chilo meyera matha nicha koira rakhto ar niriho ekta bhab nito.

You never know.... Sometimes quieter people might become a tiger at home...:) Prithibir Manush Khub e bichitro

TigerEz
July 11, 2012, 12:14 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/283609_340539609357496_505129185_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394770_340539676024156_1347392218_a.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293122_340539706024153_751598255_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580739_340539752690815_234876757_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/534534_340539769357480_1282582158_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380716_340539809357476_1527549786_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541653_340539842690806_250436029_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292310_340539896024134_478036140_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/534768_340539932690797_1523206590_n.jpg

Night_wolf
July 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
Isn't there an official Razzak thread?

Surprisingly with all the jodu modu threads, i think there is a Razzak thread

TigerEz
July 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
well i couldnt find one!

Farhad
July 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
Does it strike anyone else that the team is finally looking professional and not like a bunch of kids? I remember reading a number of news stories written by foreign journalists about how how young the team always looked. Apart from Nasir, who obviously really is young, that doesnt really strike out as much anymore.

Theyre look to be in good shape too, so kudos to the physio on that one.

Jadukor
July 11, 2012, 10:17 PM
I think with Shakib back in the side we now have a very strong team. I say it because of the way Mahmudullah and Ash played in Zimbabwe. Normally I would write those two off as zeros in the batting department but they have really stepped up a notch in terms of providing consistent performances. The core group of Ash, Tamim, Shak, Nasir, Mushy, Mahmudullah are a very solid group with a lot of experience (except Nasir). I have high hopes with this group winning us many games in the future.

F6_Turbo
July 12, 2012, 12:48 AM
Nasir - still using the crappy iPhone headphones :lol:

On Topic : I hope we take the tour and our opponents seriously, there really is no room for complacency.

Ian Pont
July 12, 2012, 12:53 AM
I think with Shakib back in the side we now have a very strong team. I say it because of the way Mahmudullah and Ash played in Zimbabwe. Normally I would write those two off as zeros in the batting department but they have really stepped up a notch in terms of providing consistent performances. The core group of Ash, Tamim, Shak, Nasir, Mushy, Mahmudullah are a very solid group with a lot of experience (except Nasir). I have high hopes with this group winning us many games in the future.

We all hope this team can do well.

To prove that progress has been made since Jamie left, BD needs to beat both Netherlands and Ireland well. We beat them both in the 2011 WC as we should have done, and this team now needs to start pushing on, outside of Mirpur and Chittagong.

The focus has tended to be on worrying about if BD can win against Associate nations instead of planning for how we can compete with England, South Africa and the others regularly. There has been much looking behind at who's fast approaching.

Ireland has its sights set on Test Cricket and mixing it with the big boys. They are an Associate team with a Test team mentality. For too long, Bangladesh has been the opposite.

Should the guys perform and perform well, then we all have hopes that steps are going in the right direction. Let's see how much they have learned over the next month.

Jadukor
July 12, 2012, 01:03 AM
I am not sure we can fully show how much we have progressed in this tour simply because it is a t-20 format. we are playing good ODI cricket because that is the format we are regularly playing. Sadly we have ignored the t-20 format for way too long and as a result we are still having to learn things at this stage. With our lack of t-20 experience coupled with seaming conditions in Ireland, i expect it to be a hard fought series. We of course have the spinners to apply the choke on any surface and some genuine match winners. If our top order can combat the new ball i would say half the battle will be won.

playmaker
July 12, 2012, 05:06 AM
Ill be happy if the team wins any 3 among the 5 matches. If that happens then Ill call the mission successful.

Irish are a better side given the fact that they play a lot of T20s and theyve got home advantage..so a win or 2 would be handsome. If we could beat SAffers B team we surely can beat the irish cant we? not to mention Boss is back

fiate2000
July 12, 2012, 10:08 AM
any performance better than those against Zim will be a success.

Dilscoop
July 12, 2012, 12:28 PM
It's going to be a big waste of time. 0-0 all washout. Or a "Fire Pybus" moment.

Zunaid
July 12, 2012, 12:32 PM
Dilscoop - meet TigerEZ. TigerEZ meet Dilscoop. I see you'll be great friends.

Dilscoop
July 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
I can't believe you'd insult me like that. Last time I checked I did not have a punk *** sig that said "I wish I was Indian."

Well that was the lowest moment of my week...

TigerEz
July 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
Its ok Dr.Z. I have enough friends!

mali007
July 12, 2012, 01:15 PM
Waiting to watch the BLASTS from THE TIGERS .

Rumz_01
July 12, 2012, 03:11 PM
I want to go and watch it.. But i can't seem to find tickets? Help please?

MohammedC
July 12, 2012, 06:06 PM
I want to go and watch it.. But i can't seem to find tickets? Help please?

http://www.cricketireland.ie/images/uploads/site_images/splash-screen.jpg

http://www.cricketireland.ie/

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Cricket-Ireland-tickets/artist/40832?camefrom=CFC_IE_CLI_CRICKETIRE&brand=ie_cricket

Roni_uk
July 12, 2012, 07:14 PM
its been raining like crazy in British Isle. I don't see any prospect of any of the matches.

Jonathan2305
July 13, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hey lads, this promises to be a cracker of a tour as long as the rain stays away- both teams are evenly balance and to up the stakes both teams have a lot of motive to bag the series, so i can't wait :)

Does anyone know whether the games will be broadcasted? I heard that an Indian/Bangladeshi broadcasting company bought the rights but this was never confirmed?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jadukor
July 13, 2012, 04:16 AM
Welcome to BC Jonathan. I was hoping to get some info on the broadcasting issue myself so lets see if anyone can confirm this.

playmaker
July 13, 2012, 05:22 AM
Hey lads, this promises to be a cracker of a tour as long as the rain stays away- both teams are evenly balance and to up the stakes both teams have a lot of motive to bag the series, so i can't wait :)

Does anyone know whether the games will be broadcasted? I heard that an Indian/Bangladeshi broadcasting company bought the rights but this was never confirmed?

Cheers,
Jonathan

It says u are from SL but you have ireland in ur avatar and trent johnston as you fav. player.

May I know your origin?

Jonathan2305
July 13, 2012, 05:48 AM
It says u are from SL but you have ireland in ur avatar and trent johnston as you fav. player.

May I know your origin?

I am a Sri Lankan, but i'm a diehard supporter of the Irish cricket team. I wrote an article for Cricket Ireland on how I came to support them here:

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/irelands-road-to-the-t20-world-cup

Rifat
July 13, 2012, 06:08 AM
It's going to be a big waste of time. 0-0 all washout. Or a "Fire Pybus" moment.

Dilscoop - meet TigerEZ. TigerEZ meet Dilscoop. I see you'll be great friends.

I can't believe you'd insult me like that. Last time I checked I did not have a punk *** sig that said "I wish I was Indian."

Well that was the lowest moment of my week...

Dr. Z can feel free to correct me, but He is referring to the pessimism and how both of you are showing full of it, that's he I think he made that remark regarding both of you being great friends.

MohammedC
July 13, 2012, 06:27 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Fit again Boyd Rankin returns to Ireland squad for the T20 series against Bangladesh <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523cricket">#cricket</a></p>&mdash; ICC (@cricketicc) <a href="https://twitter.com/cricketicc/status/223733263062142976" data-datetime="2012-07-13T10:59:01+00:00">July 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ajfar
July 13, 2012, 06:37 AM
I wish ESPN 3 would show the games. They showed Ireland Vs. Aus from Belfast, I would think showing BD Vs. Ireland would be a better series for them to broadcast since we (most BD fans in America) will actually watch it. How many people in US are going to watch Aus vs. Ireland?

MohammedC
July 13, 2012, 06:41 AM
I wish ESPN 3 would show the games. They showed Ireland Vs. Aus from Belfast, I would think showing BD Vs. Ireland would be a better series for them to broadcast since we (most BD fans in America) will actually watch it. How many people in US are going to watch Aus vs. Ireland?

ESPN3 will only show it if someone is broadcasting it. Sky/Fox was broadcasting Ire v Aus. In BD v Ire's case no one is as far as I know.

F6_Turbo
July 13, 2012, 07:35 AM

May I know your origin?

No, it says he is IN Sri Lanka.

Rumz_01
July 13, 2012, 08:17 AM
http://www.cricketireland.ie/

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Cricket-Ireland-tickets/artist/40832?camefrom=CFC_IE_CLI_CRICKETIRE&brand=ie_cricket

Wohoo thank you :D

Kohli_Sox
July 13, 2012, 08:21 AM
Sir Ash plays Boyd Rankin very well

mufi_02
July 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
How is the forecast for next week? Everyone is talking about the cats and dogs rain this summer in UK

zinatf
July 13, 2012, 09:02 AM
Wohoo thank you :D

Rumana jachcho naki khela dekhte ;)

playmaker
July 13, 2012, 09:32 AM
No, it says he is IN Sri Lanka.

i actually meant that he is living is SL.

Well im not ruling out a possibility that an Irish cricket fan live in the Island nation

RazabQ
July 13, 2012, 11:21 AM
just read Jonathan's article already! sheesh.
With an improved Rankin coming back and Sterling in good nick, this will be a good test for the team

AsifTheManRahman
July 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
Emon swing dibe je amader batsman ra to ball tall mone hoy chokkhe dekhbe na.

Rumz_01
July 13, 2012, 11:31 AM
Rumana jachcho naki khela dekhte ;)

Hopefully :) Daddy says i'm allowed to go, but the weather is looking a bit crappish so i'm not sure for definite.. But i'd love to see Mushi <3 again

zinatf
July 13, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hopefully :) Daddy says i'm allowed to go, but the weather is looking a bit crappish so i'm not sure for definite.. But i'd love to see Mushi <3 again

:lol: aww! Then why don't you follow him on Twitter? He's regular on twitter....you can communicate with him :)

Rumz_01
July 13, 2012, 12:39 PM
:lol: aww! Then why don't you follow him on Twitter? He's regular on twitter....you can communicate with him :)

I do follow him.. but i'm a bit of a twitter retard :S More of an FB person.. :) But i'll stalk him on twitter regardless :)

MohammedC
July 13, 2012, 01:51 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/599838_442265119146539_1633007818_n.jpg

Kohli_Sox
July 13, 2012, 03:57 PM
Looks like no clouds above; clear blue sky

TigerEz
July 13, 2012, 04:05 PM
^^ We are gonna get hammered so bad by Ireland that even our critics are not gonna criticize anymore!
:p

so weather and all that doesn't really matter....or does it?

Farhad
July 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
^^ You are gonna get hammered so bad by Ireland that even our critics are not gonna criticize anymore!
:p

so weather and all that doesn't really matter....or does it?

I've never seen a troll with as many posts as you. Don't you have better ways to spend your summer? Enjoy life

TigerEz
July 13, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hard to take the truth eh? ya i know what it feels when someone talks about reality.

Roni_uk
July 13, 2012, 09:07 PM
Anyone fancies going to Belfast for couple of days?

Farhad
July 13, 2012, 11:22 PM
Hard to take the truth eh? ya i know what it feels when someone talks about reality.

If we were about to play India or England, sure. But don't pretend you're a realist when we're the more fancied side by everyone but you. The fact that we're unranked means very little.

And no, it's not particularly hard for me to face the truth. My response to you was triggered by sympathy and not annoyance. You need to go out and do things you enjoy rather than waste your time trolling message boards.

Antora
July 13, 2012, 11:34 PM
Hopefully :) Daddy says i'm allowed to go, but the weather is looking a bit crappish so i'm not sure for definite.. But i'd love to see Mushi <3 again wow, how exciting :D

Make sure, you take another pic with mushy :D-if u do end up going .

Rumz_01
July 14, 2012, 04:25 AM
I'm already on it :D

Isnaad
July 14, 2012, 04:29 AM
I am not at all intimidated. Bangladesh vs Ireland is just not fun enough :/ To add to that, the matches are even not going to be broadcast. How sad.

zahidnyc
July 14, 2012, 04:52 AM
damn i still cant believe these match will not be brodcasted

kalpurush
July 14, 2012, 04:57 AM
I am not at all intimidated. Bangladesh vs Ireland is just not fun enough :/ To add to that, the matches are even not going to be broadcast. How sad.
WOW! The Irish are not going to telivised it? I thought this series is a official one, no :-/

Zunaid
July 14, 2012, 04:58 AM

Take lots of pictures! Write an article for BC - from the gallery.

Nadim
July 14, 2012, 04:59 AM
Prediction: all 3 games to be washed out.:mad:

kalpurush
July 14, 2012, 05:00 AM

Take lots of pictures! Write an article for BC - from the gallery.
Also, show us your video proficiency as well! ;) :)

Zunaid
July 14, 2012, 05:00 AM
Prediction: all 3 games to be washed out.:mad:

Prediction shotti hole tomarei dholai dibu. Areckta washout baad jabe keno?

Zunaid
July 14, 2012, 05:01 AM

I second the motion.

simon
July 14, 2012, 06:54 AM
Eyerish der Eyewash koira charum inshallah.

jodio match wash howar possibility beshi. :(

Jonathan2305
July 14, 2012, 08:21 AM
Guys the reason these games won't be televised is not due to the lack of interest but the lack of funds. Ireland are still an associate nation, and have to stick their necks out to make these tours financially viable let alone televise them. Even though they were given a subsidy by TAPP, that money is going to be used on a proper FC system to make test cricket an option in the near future.

cricheart
July 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Oawh! no tv broadcast! Thats what happens playing with minnows. Financial viability is what should be checked at very first when tour was planned. Now fans have to suffer for this! Whats the point BD players having honeymoon there with ICC's money, and we are missing real cricket here for so long!

Ajfar
July 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
Oawh! no tv broadcast! Thats what happens playing with minnows. Financial viability is what should be checked at very first when tour was planned. Now fans have to suffer for this! Whats the point BD players having honeymoon there with ICC's money, and we are missing real cricket here for so long!

It's fan like you that give the rest of us a bad name. Minnow?? We got our a$$ handed to us by Ireland last time we played them in T20. Ignorant fans like you make my blood boil, we are in absolutely no position to be walking around making it sound like we are the real deal. We haven't earned the right to look down on on other nations in terms of cricket just because BCB has more money in our reserve than them. We also haven't earned the right to say we won't play such and such team because its not financially viable. We are the 9th ranking team in the world, not 1 so don't pretend like we are.

playmaker
July 14, 2012, 10:37 AM

Yes, we are minnows when it comes to T20s :(

cricheart
July 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
It's fan like you that give the rest of us a bad name. Minnow?? We got our a$$ handed to us by Ireland last time we played them in T20. Ignorant fans like you make my blood boil, we are in absolutely no position to be walking around making it sound like we are the real deal. We haven't earned the right to look down on on other nations in terms of cricket just because BCB has more money in our reserve than them. We also haven't earned the right to say we won't play such and such team because its not financially viable. We are the 9th ranking team in the world, not 1 so don't pretend like we are.

:applause: nice post for typical looser mentality IMO. Well I react as a common fan wants to see more real cricket thats all, nohing against Ireland. But seeing them failled in organise to attract just a tv broadcaster, is should categorize nothing but imcompitent. Eat this- Expectation of 4k-5k spectators in ODI match involving a test nation with no tv covorage is utter disgrace for the Irish.
Keep your ambition high buddy, this aint era of ICC trophy winner (A prize for top performers among the minnows) or "Shomman-jonok Porajoy"-type games. Last time we got our a$$ handed to us by Ireland (Which is very shamefully dissapointing for a test playing nation like Bangladesh), happened so long ago even TI forgot his achievement (Wisden award) from that European tour. Every other members of badge-holders (test nations) expect Bangladesh to win there. No option left there to critisize based on limitations on overs numbers & foreign condition after loosing. A series involving nation like Ireland, Scotland, Holland & Banagladesh; Seriously who are the minnows here?

Rumz_01
July 14, 2012, 01:29 PM

With this weather looks like i might not be going.. :( But if i do, will try my best :)

TigerEz
July 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197626_323178307769253_1318710510_n.jpg

who wanted to see this picture again?

Ajfar
July 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
nice post for typical looser mentality IMO. Well I react as a common fan wants to see more real cricket thats all, nohing against Ireland. But seeing them failled in organise to attract just a tv broadcaster, is should categorize nothing but imcompitent. Eat this- Expectation of 4k-5k spectators in ODI match involving a test nation with no tv covorage is utter disgrace for the Irish.

So your definition of so called 'Real Cricket' is one that has to involve TV broadcast and thousands of spectators, but has no mention of the actual game of cricket that is being played on the field? It shouldn't matter weather people show up to watch the games or not, the quality of the game is defined by how well the players are performing on the field, not by if you or me can watch game from our home. When we played test matches in WI or SA, did more than 5k+ spectators showed up to see those games? Did that make those games not 'real cricket'?

As for loser mentality, well you just know it don't you. It's called showing some respect to your opponent caused they earned it genius. The reason I bring up the last lost to the Irish is because, back than that's what everybody thought oh it's just Ireland we are going to win, but guess what we didn't. We lost to them back in 2007 and 2009. They have done enough to show that they are no push over, specially in their own condition. That's not loser mentality.

Keep your ambition high buddy, this aint era of ICC trophy winner (A prize for top performers among the minnows) or "Shomman-jonok Porajoy"-type games.

Did I say we are playing for Shomman jonok porajai? Nice job trying to put words into my mouth though. You are the dude going around saying it's not financially viable for us to play in Ireland. What I said was we are not in any position to say such thing, need I remind you no one wanted to play us to begin with, BCB went door to door before getting this tour. Apparently playing against Ireland is not real cricket to you, well guess what it's much better than sitting home playing in a tiny little academy field against A team.

I didn't say we should be scared of playing these teams, what I'm trying to say is these teams are no push over specially in T20. Off course we are the favorites, we are a test nation, we have better players then them. But still we/our players need to take them seriously. I hope our players won't go into the games thinking like you oh this is not real cricket, if that's the case than we haven't learned our lessons from last time around.

zahidnyc
July 14, 2012, 07:06 PM
With this weather looks like i might not be going.. :( But if i do, will try my best :)

hello bro i dont know if u lived in ireland , but if u do please make video of these match please please bro , i will be really greatly appreciated , i really wanted to see these games thanks in advance

Nadim
July 15, 2012, 03:06 AM
Shunlam BTV Bangladesh naki dekhabe?

Jonathan2305
July 15, 2012, 04:37 AM
cricheart it's people like you that give us SC fans a bad name. It's not Ireland's fault, they have a very low budget from the ICC and do well to manage with it. Sky may have shown the games but they can't due to the clash with the England South Africa test. Ireland a minnow? Ireland have shown they are anything but that, they have gained the respect of cricket fans from across the globe. I'm a Sri Lankan but i adore William Porterfield's team- they give all cricket fans hope that the game will change one day, it won't be the big eight as it always was but that teams like ireland, bangladesh and afghanistan will rise up and win on the world stage.

So please, next time think before you speak. Most members on this forum treat Ireland with the utmost respect which is great to see- please don't ruin the forum for everyone. If you don't have anything productive or nice to say don't say anything at all. Ireland is not televising this because they simply can't afford it- do you think that the board is silly enough to go into a budget deficit just to televise games? I highly doubt any respected board would.

Cheers,
Jonathan

kalpurush
July 15, 2012, 04:57 AM
@ Jonathan

Ireland is a great cricket team no doubt about that mate. The Irish team spirit and profesfionalism is no less than any other major cricket team in the world. The current series is just a T20 series, thus, not a big deal if not televised.

It's great to see a Sri Lankan/Irish fan at BC :)

kalpurush
July 15, 2012, 04:58 AM
Great! Thank you :)

M.H.Rubel
July 15, 2012, 07:16 AM
Isnt there a practice match today?When is the match any info?

Zunaid
July 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
Isnt there a practice match today?When is the match any info?

Monday - see schedule on front page. There are 2 matches on the same day.

playmaker
July 15, 2012, 08:20 AM
2 matches tomorrow :umm:

All the best to BD

zinatf
July 15, 2012, 08:21 AM
Shane Jurgensen's not in twitter any more..that's why not getting any updates on practice match or training sessions...he was the one who used to give more updates...

zinatf
July 15, 2012, 11:22 AM
What the heck.....

[বাংলা]আইরিশ দলের কেউ খেলছেন না প্রস্তুতিতে
স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ িফোর.কম

ঢাকা: প্র্যাকটিস ম্যাচের দলে আয়ারল্যান্ড তাদের কোনো মূল খেলেয়াড় রাখেনি। অবশিষ্ট একাদশ খেলাবে বাংলাদেশের বিপক্ষে। কন্ডিশনের সঙ্গে মানিয়ে নিলেও যাতে খেলোয়াড়দের আগে ভাবে পড়ে ফেলতে না পারে সেজন্য এই কৌশল আইরিশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের। [/বাংলা]

More on http://banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=6041152162c8ccc64e416202ddcce ef2&nttl=20120715090140126621

Kohli_Sox
July 15, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ireland should have employed Zimbawean tactics as Zim played their main players in both the practice matches and gained greater confidence in the process before starting the series

TigerEz
July 15, 2012, 11:34 AM
^^ Clever thinking from the Irish Board. So another 2 practice matches in a day eh? I'm guessing we're gonna win these 2 with no problems but when in the real matches, we're gonna go down badly!

Equinox
July 15, 2012, 11:37 AM
Can't believe the series hasn't commenced yet. It feels like forever since they left Bangladesh. Well at least they can't use 'lack of acclimatisation' as an excuse. By the time the first match gets under way they'd have been in Ireland for a good week. 2 - 1 is the expectation. 3 - 0 would be a great result.

deshimon
July 15, 2012, 12:19 PM
It doesn't matter if Irish main players wont play. Hope BD will win easily both match & gain confidence.

Jonathan2305
July 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
@ Jonathan

Ireland is a great cricket team no doubt about that mate. The Irish team spirit and profesfionalism is no less than any other major cricket team in the world. The current series is just a T20 series, thus, not a big deal if not televised.

It's great to see a Sri Lankan/Irish fan at BC :)

Cheers, appreciate all the support. About Mondays games, they should be interesting but i think Bangladesh can surely bag those without much of a problem. What is interesting though is that Kyle McCallan is playing. For those of you that followed The bangladesh/ire games in the 2009 and 2007 world cups you'll remember kyle as the spinner that never took his shades off- and caused a fair amount of problems whilst bowling. Kyle made an early international retirement to look after his sick father- shows what a guy he is.

On another note a friend in Dublin and I run an Irish Cricket Fans group on Facebook- for those of you that like the Irish team please consider having a join :) We are planning to start a forum like this one for Cricket Ireland in the future- hopefully that works out!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/248034495257150/

cricheart
July 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
cricheart it's people like you that give us SC fans a bad name. It's not Ireland's fault, they have a very low budget from the ICC and do well to manage with it. Sky may have shown the games but they can't due to the clash with the England South Africa test. Ireland a minnow? Ireland have shown they are anything but that, they have gained the respect of cricket fans from across the globe. I'm a Sri Lankan but i adore William Porterfield's team- they give all cricket fans hope that the game will change one day, it won't be the big eight as it always was but that teams like ireland, bangladesh and afghanistan will rise up and win on the world stage.

So please, next time think before you speak. Most members on this forum treat Ireland with the utmost respect which is great to see- please don't ruin the forum for everyone. If you don't have anything productive or nice to say don't say anything at all. Ireland is not televising this because they simply can't afford it- do you think that the board is silly enough to go into a budget deficit just to televise games? I highly doubt any respected board would.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Plz sorry, dont take my words for against any color or nationality. Those words came out of dissapointment over our long break of any official matches like this BD tour wchich I noted as REAL cricket. But a sensible (maybe over) desi dude took it as an offesive remark where a local BD fan like me is hungry for real cricket which I cant watch on tv, is simply depressing. I'm very much looking forward to this tour and hoping a major success for BD to gain a must needed ICC rank position, with an optmistic possibility crossing over teams like Pakistan, India, Australia.

I dont know how only sky sports is there to look for as a broadcaster, being in cricket cultured British Isle area I assumed this wont matter much for Irish cricket board, here they purely deserve to grasp such critics when they failed to broadcast such rare International Cricket Event in Ireland. I thought Bangladesh is well known to be poor country, but didnt expect from an European one. Budget deficit shouldn't be an excuse, when cricket boards are Govt owned. It represents the willingness for cricketing improvement not necessarily in term of playing compitative crickets but also includes properly organising them.

Yet again trust me, I'm one least you should concern for "don't ruin the forum for everyone", a more tolerable fan than lot others. Your visits over BC is very welcoming. I hpoe it stay longer than our tour over Ireland. btw I'm a big fan of Srilankan cricket as well.

Jonathan2305
July 15, 2012, 02:08 PM
Plz sorry, dont take my words for against any color or nationality. Those words came out of dissapointment over our long break of any official matches like this BD tour wchich I noted as REAL cricket. But a sensible (maybe over) desi dude took it as an offesive remark where a local BD fan like me is hungry for real cricket which I cant watch on tv, is simply depressing. I'm very much looking forward to this tour and hoping a major success for BD to gain a must needed ICC rank position, with an optmistic possibility crossing over teams like Pakistan, India, Australia.

I dont know how only sky sports is there to look for as a broadcaster, being in cricket cultured British Isle area I assumed this wont matter much for Irish cricket board, here they purely deserve to grasp such critics when they failed to broadcast such rare International Cricket Event in Ireland. I thought Bangladesh is well knowned to be poor country, but didnt expect from an European one. Budget deficit shouldn't be an excuse, when cricket boards are Govt owned. It represents the willingness for cricketing improment not necessarily in term of playing compitive crickets but also includes properly organising them.

Yet again trust me, I'm one least you should concern for "don't ruin the forum for everyone", a more tolerable fan than lot others. Your visits over BC is very welcoming. I hpoe it stay longer than our tour over Ireland. btw I'm a big fan of Srilankan cricket as well.

No worries cricheart. Your disappointment is very understandable- we too were hoping for tv rights but it didnt happen. Actually Cricket Ireland gets less support from the government than other big sports in ireland (i have never read anything about the government supporting CI, i think we're purely ICC dependent will double check) and Ireland does incredibly well to manage those funds. People like Warren Deutrom try their hardest to make everything work with the little funds CI has, if they could have televised it believe me they could have. In recent interviews they have stated the need to televise games as it not only keeps the public and fans happy but gives the players more of an edge. Thanks for clearing that up cricheart :)

Cheers,
Jonathan

BANFAN
July 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
Shunlam BTV Bangladesh naki dekhabe?

BTV Ireland might show...

Roni_uk
July 15, 2012, 06:52 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197626_323178307769253_1318710510_n.jpg

who wanted to see this picture again?

oh wow man.. who is she?

TigerEz
July 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
who do you think she is man? his wife....

SS
July 15, 2012, 09:14 PM
what is going on with players and their wedding posting in this series thread... IRE is planning to destroy us and we are planning in weddings ...though the groom is not in the squad but it seems our players once get chance think that they are "set" for life. Good think is now there is competition building and hope our superstars don't think that their task is over.