ahnaf
June 4, 2012, 04:59 AM
Bangladesh will play two Twenty20s in Netherlands in July © AFP
Enlarge
Related Links
News : Bangladesh to play T20 series in Ireland
Series/Tournaments: Bangladesh tour of Ireland and Netherlands
Teams: Bangladesh | Netherlands

Bangladesh will get more matches to fine-tune their World Twenty20 preparations after it was announced that they will play two Twenty20s in Netherlands next month. One match will be against the home side, and the other against Scotland during a five-day stay in Netherlands following their tour of Ireland. The matches will be played at Voorburg Cricket Club near The Hague, on 24 and 25 July.

There has been no international cricket in Netherlands since a couple of ODIs against Kenya last September, and no Test-playing nation has played there since Sri Lanka visited in 2006. "We are delighted to have secured the opportunity to host a Full Member country on home soil as it has been some time since this last happened," Cricket Netherlands CEO Richard Cox said.

Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim also welcomed the extra matches. "The Twenty20 game is a great leveller and our matches against Netherlands and Scotland should be very interesting," he said. "Netherlands have beaten England in a World Twenty20 game and Scotland have some fine players."

Crapinfo Link (http://www.espncricinfo.com/netherlands/content/current/story/567206.html)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

BD Rox
June 4, 2012, 05:20 AM
BD has lost to them in their soil. it's not going to be so easy to defeat them.
Let's see.

Equinox
June 4, 2012, 07:09 AM
Man, I wish they were playing in Scotland instead.

TimAus
June 4, 2012, 07:14 AM
Any games are good and Netherlands, Scotland and Ireland are not complete pushovers. These games will be tough and will be good preparation for the T20 World Cup. Bangladesh should be aiming to win every game, but really if they win more than they lose they should be relatively happy, considering they are away from home.

Night_wolf
June 4, 2012, 07:19 AM
Man, I wish they were playing in Scotland instead.

any specific reason for that?..or so you can see the games thats the reason?

MohammedC
June 4, 2012, 07:23 AM
any specific reason for that?..or so you can see the games thats the reason?

He can see the games, that would be the reason.

zinatf
June 4, 2012, 07:32 AM
Oh NICE!! More t20 matches for us....we actually don't have much experience in t20 to be honest. Good that we will be getting enough preparations before the big event. Bangladesh should make the most out of it.

akabir77
June 4, 2012, 08:30 AM
anyone read the 1st comment there? its a disgrace I suspect some one posing as bd fan posted that comment...

MohammedC
June 4, 2012, 09:23 AM
Netherlands are playing very good cricket in CB40 tournament.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/clydesdale-bank-40-2012/engine/series/542417.html?view=pointstable

Rabz
June 4, 2012, 11:21 AM
I was in the Netherlands in the wrong month. Should have been there next month instead of last.

Good competitive games it would be Inshallah.

kalpurush
June 4, 2012, 12:15 PM
I was in the Netherlands in the wrong month. Should have been there next month instead of last.

Good competitive games it would be Inshallah.
You still can go next month, no? Can't remember any restrictions like that in place...:)

Rabz
June 4, 2012, 12:34 PM
^^ Surely I can Obayed bhai, I've got multi entry one year Schengen visa. So, no restrictions.

But since I'm going back to Bangladesh on this 6th, would love it if you would be kind enough to pay for my return ticket of Dhk-Amsterdam-Dhk :D

Kohli_Sox
June 4, 2012, 04:59 PM
I guess BD lost to them because it was not a proper cricketing match with curtailed overs, heavy rain repeatedly, poor condition in outfield, very bad pitch condition. Although there should be no excuse but all of these bad conditions had greater impact.

al Furqaan
June 4, 2012, 05:57 PM
Ok, I'm slowly warming up to the idea of playing only T20 matches as prep. But BCB needs to get some Tests...and if we can't get Tests then organize four day FC matches against Ireland and Afghanistan and pay for it if necessary...also isn't ICC HP funds supposed to support the top Associates??? We aren't SL or NZ or WI, money isn't an issue for us. Playing associates in FC matches on our down time is mutually beneficial.

Sohel
June 6, 2012, 12:44 AM
Ok, I'm slowly warming up to the idea of playing only T20 matches as prep. But BCB needs to get some Tests...and if we can't get Tests then organize four day FC matches against Ireland and Afghanistan and pay for it if necessary...also isn't ICC HP funds supposed to support the top Associates??? We aren't SL or NZ or WI, money isn't an issue for us. Playing associates in FC matches on our down time is mutually beneficial.

+1 to that.

I hope Nannes plays for Holland in this series. We could use facing some high quality deliveries during this prep tour.

TimAus
June 6, 2012, 03:22 AM
I hope Nannes plays for Holland in this series. We could use facing some high quality deliveries during this prep tour.

Nannes is no longer available for Holland because he's played for Australia now.

Sohel
June 6, 2012, 03:55 AM
Nannes is no longer available for Holland because he's played for Australia now.

That's a bummer. Didn't know he couldn't go back to playing for Holland. So I guess his international career may come an end unless he picked for Australia again? With guys like Cummins, Pattinson and others showing the type of promise they are, I doubt that he will be anytime soon.

shakibrulz
June 6, 2012, 06:11 AM
Doesn't matter - he can make twice the amount from FC cricket itself in Aus. And he could always come back into the ODI/T20 side, Pattinson is not that great except in tests.

TimAus
June 7, 2012, 01:14 AM
Nannes would be able to play for Netherlands again after 5 years not playing for Australia (November 2015, he'd be 39). Personally I can't see him getting back into the Aus team. He'll hang around as a T20 mercenary so we haven't heard the last of him but his International and State careers are probably over.

Navo
June 7, 2012, 06:15 AM
@TimAus, why was Nannes discarded in the first place? He bowled at 150+ kmph and seemed to be really deadly in the shorter formats. Was he any less consistent than Mitchell Johnson!?