PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Mr Lotus Kamal

kalpurush
June 8, 2012, 08:58 PM
I want to thank you Mr Kamal and BCB for appointing/approaching Mr Richard McInnes for the Academy. I know it is not finalized yet, but still want to convey my warmest compliments for at least trying / taking the initiative. :applause:

firstlane
June 8, 2012, 09:13 PM
Money saved from BPL players' salaries is well spent.

TigerEz
June 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
Thnx....ar kichu bolmu na

mali007
June 8, 2012, 10:47 PM
Loitta is learning !!!

fuadomar
June 9, 2012, 01:04 AM
Hiring Ian Pont as the academy bowling coach or under 17/19 head coach would have been tip on the iceberg.

Rifat
June 9, 2012, 03:25 AM
Well Done Mr. Kamal

jamal451230
June 9, 2012, 04:46 AM
Best bcb president bangladesh ever got , he truely love bangladesh cricket , and he want bangladesh to become very soon as a strong cricket nation

Jadukor
June 9, 2012, 05:03 AM
Best bcb president bangladesh ever got , he truely love bangladesh cricket , and he want bangladesh to become very soon as a strong cricket nation
lets not get carried away....

BD Rox
June 9, 2012, 05:58 AM
The best straight drive he has ever played.

MohammedC
June 9, 2012, 06:06 AM
Money saved from BPL players' salaries is well spent.

We can not blame Lotus Kamal for BPL players salary.

Max100
June 9, 2012, 10:14 AM
Jamal loves Kamal

Ian Pont
June 9, 2012, 10:44 AM

"This is a black and white matter," Tim May, the chief executive of FICA told ESPNcricinfo. "It was stipulated by contract how much the players would be paid and the date by which they would receive payment. It was also stipulated that, if the franchises couldn't pay, then the BCB would act as guarantors and would make the payments."

al Furqaan
June 9, 2012, 11:33 AM

Kamal is the president...he's the head. Not only that he's a dictator with absolute power. It is absolutely his fault. Even if its not his fault, since he's the president its still his fault. In the hospital if a medical student happens to make a mistake and kills a patient, guess who's fault it is? Its the attending doctor's fault even if the student disobeyed him.

TigerEz
June 9, 2012, 12:01 PM
some serious stats those...

ahnaf
June 9, 2012, 12:19 PM
Lol..im sure mo bhai was mocking..
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Rifat
June 9, 2012, 01:08 PM
well, paying the worker his wage before his sweat dries should be the motto for all organizations, BPL being no exception! Even though Kamal has done a good job in certain areas, He should pay the players ASAP. it is a matter of great concern when the players are unpaid under a contract. Failure to oblige with the situation may result in severe consequences in the future such as BPL Never happening again!

Navo
June 9, 2012, 11:30 PM
"This is a black and white matter," Tim May, the chief executive of FICA told ESPNcricinfo. "It was stipulated by contract how much the players would be paid and the date by which they would receive payment. It was also stipulated that, if the franchises couldn't pay, then the BCB would act as guarantors and would make the payments."

Ian, as someone who is/was under a BPL contract, I would ask: was there a term in the contract about how long it would take for the guarantor's clause to kick in? How long after the franchises defaulted was the BCB expected to pay?

Kamal is the president...he's the head. Not only that he's a dictator with absolute power. It is absolutely his fault. Even if its not his fault, since he's the president its still his fault. In the hospital if a medical student happens to make a mistake and kills a patient, guess who's fault it is? Its the attending doctor's fault even if the student disobeyed him.

I think the medical school example is a bit misguided. Kamal being the head of the BCB does not automatically give him control over the franchises or their finances. He does not owe a tortious duty to them, like a med school supervisor to a med student, but rather they are equal parties to a contract. I'm surprised that people are not criticizing the individual franchises and their owners more rather than directing all the blame on Kamal. There were foreign investors involved too, from the UAE and Canada among other places. Have they paid up? Even if the BCB had to pay for these franchises, I imagine they have a pretty good cause of action against them.

KaaL-PurusH
June 10, 2012, 11:17 AM
Kamal is the president...he's the head. Not only that he's a dictator with absolute power.

That's right sir...Kamal will make General admiral Aladeen embarrass and jealous..haha

MarufH
June 10, 2012, 12:19 PM
beshi pam dile ei betao fulbo. pore pybus er moto ashman jomin taka chaibo. fans ektu opekha koro. age kaj niye nek. lukjon bd cricket ke takar gacher mot treat kore ajkal. :/

M.H.Rubel
June 10, 2012, 01:19 PM
Reshaping the FC structure means 80% job done.At last Lotus is learning a bit with the cost of our cricket.No matter what he does unless he improves FC structure and make democracy in the board.

TigerEz
June 10, 2012, 01:22 PM
can someone please explain to me what reshaping the FC structure means? like get more games in or what?

Rifat
June 10, 2012, 03:06 PM
can someone please explain to me what reshaping the FC structure means? like get more games in or what?

1. include a variety of pitches like Green tops, pace friendly pitches in addition to what we already have.

2. definitely more First Class games.

3. may want to include foreign players in future, some Pakistani guys love to destroy our cricketers with their skill whenever they play in Bangladesh in any form/sort of league.

4. other idea to throw out there, maybe invite First Class teams from other countries to really see how strong our Club teams are, include two foreign teams if they are interested to partake in our first Class competition, but this is more costly i guess and not likely to happen. but this should increase competitiveness and ensure quality cricket.

TigerEz
June 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
nice post bhai, and also we should have something like a pacer/batter/wk'per hunt every year to find new talent and stuff...

BengaliPagol
June 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
They should make synthetic pitches in Bangladesh to assist pace bowlers.

TigerEz
June 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
thats a dream that aint coming true

TimAus
June 11, 2012, 07:33 AM
1. include a variety of pitches like Green tops, pace friendly pitches in addition to what we already have.

3. may want to include foreign players in future, some Pakistani guys love to destroy our cricketers with their skill whenever they play in Bangladesh in any form/sort of league.

4. other idea to throw out there, maybe invite First Class teams from other countries to really see how strong our Club teams are, include two foreign teams if they are interested to partake in our first Class competition, but this is more costly i guess and not likely to happen. but this should increase competitiveness and ensure quality cricket.

3 and 4 are less important. It is 1 and 2 that need to be got right. Leave the door open for foreign players but there's no need for the BCB to go actively chasing them.

I'd suggest that inviting associate teams to tour Bangladesh and play domestic and 'A' sides as well as some ODIs would be a good move too but less important than point 1 and 2. You need more games and you need them played on sporting pitches that mirror international games and develop all the skills of cricket.

auntu
June 11, 2012, 07:47 AM
Lotus deserves a thanks.

M.H.Rubel
June 11, 2012, 01:30 PM

1.Most of our Fc players play only 6-7 Fc matches per year.Do you think its enough to prepare for test cricket?
2. Quality of our Fc wickets are so poor that its not possible to produce quality bowlers from here.
3.Hardly any competition there.Players simply call it as picnic cricket.
4.It does not have any fixed schedule. . . . . . .
5.The tourney is so small that we can accommodate only around 100 players.

M.H.Rubel
June 11, 2012, 01:37 PM

Yes quality wicket and number of matches are very important.But competitiveness is also very important.Unless Bcb reinstall the home and away system it will never become popular and remain competitiveness picnic cricket.

Shubho
June 11, 2012, 01:55 PM
Thank you very much, Mr. Lotus Kamal. Thanks for NOTHING.

BANFAN
June 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
No thanks LK.

He has done something right for the first time...while He was supposed to do it most of the time. Over all, his rating is still bellow par.

Sohel
June 11, 2012, 11:50 PM
I'm not at all in favor of celebrating someone for simply doing his job while overlooking a plethora of mitigating factors. Reminds me of a season in our local ice hockey league in the SFBA. I played right wing and didn't score in about 10 games or so. Then I had a 3 point game with a goal and a couple of assists and was a little too happy just to be able to DO MY JOB. It was then Mike Jones, our coach who played for the Rangers AHL affiliate for a few seasons, said:

"I suppose we oughtta give you a medal and a **** to hang it from!" :lol:

Zeeshan
June 12, 2012, 01:34 AM
Tough nut Sohel da, you are a toughie.

Can we not have a krishna consciousness of absolute love and compassion to those who transgress too? :p

Roni_uk
June 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
A thread I thought I would never see in BC :D

M.H.Rubel
June 12, 2012, 11:42 AM
A thread I thought I would never see in BC :D

Agreed.

mufi_02
June 12, 2012, 03:25 PM
Lotus saying all this media after FICA complaints

[বাংলা]* বকেয়া নিয়ে হৈ চৈয়ের উদ্দেশ্যটা আমি ঠিক বুঝতে পারছি না। প্রথমবার এত বড় মাপের একটা টুর্নামেন্টের ৮৯ ভাগ পাওনা মিটিয়ে দেওয়া হয়েছে। এটা অনেক বড় ব্যাপার। দ্বিতীয়বার আমরা আরো কিছু পদক্ষেপ নিতে পারব। তাতে এ-জাতীয় সমস্যা আর থাকবে না। ইনজুরি লুকিয়ে খেলতে আসা কোনো ক্রিকেটারকে কেউ পেমেন্ট করবে না। আর আয়কর সবাইকেই দিতে হবে। কিন্তু কেউ কেউ তা দিতে চাইছে না, কিছু পেমেন্ট আটকে গেছে। তো, এসব হিসাব-নিকাশ করে দেখা যাচ্ছে তিন লাখও না, বড়জোর দুই লাখ ডলার পাওনা আছে। সেটা দু-এক দিনের মধ্যে পরিশোধ করা হবে।

* স্থানীয় ক্রিকেটাররা ৮০ শতাংশ পাওনা পেয়ে গেছেন। বাকি ২০ শতাংশ সর্বোচ্চ ৭-১০ দিনের মধ্যে পেয়ে যাবেন। বিপিএল ছাড়াও এ ধরনের টুর্নামেন্ট পৃথিবীর আরো কয়েকটি দেশে হয়। আমি কোনো টুর্নামেন্টের নাম বলব না। সেখানে আমাদের চেয়েও বেশি বকেয়া আছে। দুর্ভাগ্য আমাদের, যে আন্তর্জাতিক পর্যায়ে আমরা এখনো অতটা উঁচুতে পৌঁছাতে পারিনি বলেই আমাদের বিষোদগার করা হয়েছে। আমি শুধু এটুকু বলব কেউ না কেউ, কোনো না কোনো উদ্দেশ্য নিয়ে কাজ করে। সে জন্যই এ ধরনের কথাবার্তা এসেছে। আমি আগেও বলেছি, কোনো ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি খেলোয়াড়দের পাওনা পরিশোধ না করলে বিসিবি সে দায় নেবে। এ আশ্বাস দেওয়ার পরও ফিকা কিংবা অন্য কারো এ ধরনের মন্তব্য করার অধিকার নেই। ফিকাকে তো আমরা রিকগনাইজই করি না। ক্রিকেটের জন্য আমার চেয়ে ভালো অবস্থান কারো নেই। যিনি মন্তব্য করেছেন, তাঁর চেয়ে আমি লক্ষ-কোটি গুণ ভালো।

* বিশ্বকাপের সফল আয়োজনে ক্রিকেটে বাংলাদেশ নাম্বার ওয়ান। এর পরও যদি আমাদের অবস্থান নিয়ে কেউ প্রশ্ন তোলে, তাহলে বুঝতে হবে কোনো অসৎ উদ্দেশ্য থেকে এটা করা হচ্ছে। হয় ঈর্ষা নয় অসৎ উদ্দেশ্য থেকে এসব করা হচ্ছে।

* ফিকার অ্যাটিচুড তো লেবার ইউনিয়নের মতো। তাদের ব্যবহার এবং কথাবার্তার ধরনে তা-ই মনে হয়। ২.৭ মিলিয়ন ডলার কাকে পেমেন্ট করেছি? প্লেয়াররা পেয়েছে। বিপিএল করা কি অপরাধ হয়েছে? বিপিএল করাতে সবচেয়ে লাভবান কারা? প্লেয়াররা। ওরাই টাকাটা পেয়েছে। পারলে টিম মে এ রকম একটা টুর্নামেন্ট করে দেখান না!

* শুনুন ভারতের পরই আমাদের আয়। সাংগঠনিক দক্ষতায় বিশ্বের আর কোনো বোর্ড বাংলাদেশকে পেছনে ফেলতে পারবে না। আমি ক্রিকেটকে যে জায়গায় নিয়ে গেছি, আগামী ৫০ বছরে বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট র‌্যাংকিংয়ে অতটা উঠতে পারবে না। প্রশ্নই আসে না!

* ফিকা আইনি ব্যবস্থা নেবে কী? আমি নিতে পারি। তবে এবার মাফ করে দিলাম।[/বাংলা]

-----

* We are second in cricket revenue. I don't know if its true but I think we are definitely richer than NZ, SL, WI.

Go Kamal

http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Football&pub_no=912&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=4

TigerEz
June 12, 2012, 03:38 PM
DAmn! he told him....now what tim may gonna say as a comeback?

ahnaf
June 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
Atleast for this matter i support kamal.. Very good reply..:)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Shaun petr
June 12, 2012, 04:30 PM
go lotus go.!! Kick Tim mays's....
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Zeeshan
June 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
kamal ho geya...

thiki ase, third world country dekle era goota marte posondo kore ektu beshi...as jafarullah would have said: Tim mays? ke shay? fica? key tara? jiboney cricket khelse kokhono? hay? hay? khali amader belay matburi kore...koi onnera korle to korto na. mondira bedi? ke shey?

reyme
June 12, 2012, 11:44 PM
The best straight drive he has ever played.

I love the way Kamal talks! Yes Z! Kamal ho geya!!

zinatf
June 13, 2012, 03:26 AM
* [বাংলা]শুনুন ভারতের পরই আমাদের আয়। সাংগঠনিক দক্ষতায় বিশ্বের আর কোনো বোর্ড বাংলাদেশকে পেছনে ফেলতে পারবে না।[/বাংলা]

We are 2nd richest Board after BCCI? That's one heck of a good news!

Antora
June 13, 2012, 03:31 AM
This must be the first time we are thanking LK for doing something good and not thanking him sarcastically? :-p

hahah! Thanks LK :)

BANFAN
June 13, 2012, 09:10 AM
Lotus saying all this media after FICA complaints

[বাংলা]* বকেয়া নিয়ে হৈ চৈয়ের উদ্দেশ্যটা আমি ঠিক বুঝতে পারছি না। প্রথমবার এত বড় মাপের একটা টুর্নামেন্টের ৮৯ ভাগ পাওনা মিটিয়ে দেওয়া হয়েছে। এটা অনেক বড় ব্যাপার। দ্বিতীয়বার আমরা আরো কিছু পদক্ষেপ নিতে পারব। তাতে এ-জাতীয় সমস্যা আর থাকবে না। ইনজুরি লুকিয়ে খেলতে আসা কোনো ক্রিকেটারকে কেউ পেমেন্ট করবে না। আর আয়কর সবাইকেই দিতে হবে। কিন্তু কেউ কেউ তা দিতে চাইছে না, কিছু পেমেন্ট আটকে গেছে। তো, এসব হিসাব-নিকাশ করে দেখা যাচ্ছে তিন লাখও না, বড়জোর দুই লাখ ডলার পাওনা আছে। সেটা দু-এক দিনের মধ্যে পরিশোধ করা হবে।

* স্থানীয় ক্রিকেটাররা ৮০ শতাংশ পাওনা পেয়ে গেছেন। বাকি ২০ শতাংশ সর্বোচ্চ ৭-১০ দিনের মধ্যে পেয়ে যাবেন। বিপিএল ছাড়াও এ ধরনের টুর্নামেন্ট পৃথিবীর আরো কয়েকটি দেশে হয়। আমি কোনো টুর্নামেন্টের নাম বলব না। সেখানে আমাদের চেয়েও বেশি বকেয়া আছে। দুর্ভাগ্য আমাদের, যে আন্তর্জাতিক পর্যায়ে আমরা এখনো অতটা উঁচুতে পৌঁছাতে পারিনি বলেই আমাদের বিষোদগার করা হয়েছে। আমি শুধু এটুকু বলব কেউ না কেউ, কোনো না কোনো উদ্দেশ্য নিয়ে কাজ করে। সে জন্যই এ ধরনের কথাবার্তা এসেছে। আমি আগেও বলেছি, কোনো ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি খেলোয়াড়দের পাওনা পরিশোধ না করলে বিসিবি সে দায় নেবে। এ আশ্বাস দেওয়ার পরও ফিকা কিংবা অন্য কারো এ ধরনের মন্তব্য করার অধিকার নেই। ফিকাকে তো আমরা রিকগনাইজই করি না। ক্রিকেটের জন্য আমার চেয়ে ভালো অবস্থান কারো নেই। যিনি মন্তব্য করেছেন, তাঁর চেয়ে আমি লক্ষ-কোটি গুণ ভালো।

* বিশ্বকাপের সফল আয়োজনে ক্রিকেটে বাংলাদেশ নাম্বার ওয়ান। এর পরও যদি আমাদের অবস্থান নিয়ে কেউ প্রশ্ন তোলে, তাহলে বুঝতে হবে কোনো অসৎ উদ্দেশ্য থেকে এটা করা হচ্ছে। হয় ঈর্ষা নয় অসৎ উদ্দেশ্য থেকে এসব করা হচ্ছে।

* ফিকার অ্যাটিচুড তো লেবার ইউনিয়নের মতো। তাদের ব্যবহার এবং কথাবার্তার ধরনে তা-ই মনে হয়। ২.৭ মিলিয়ন ডলার কাকে পেমেন্ট করেছি? প্লেয়াররা পেয়েছে। বিপিএল করা কি অপরাধ হয়েছে? বিপিএল করাতে সবচেয়ে লাভবান কারা? প্লেয়াররা। ওরাই টাকাটা পেয়েছে। পারলে টিম মে এ রকম একটা টুর্নামেন্ট করে দেখান না!

* শুনুন ভারতের পরই আমাদের আয়। সাংগঠনিক দক্ষতায় বিশ্বের আর কোনো বোর্ড বাংলাদেশকে পেছনে ফেলতে পারবে না। আমি ক্রিকেটকে যে জায়গায় নিয়ে গেছি, আগামী ৫০ বছরে বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট র‌্যাংকিংয়ে অতটা উঠতে পারবে না। প্রশ্নই আসে না!

* ফিকা আইনি ব্যবস্থা নেবে কী? আমি নিতে পারি। তবে এবার মাফ করে দিলাম।[/বাংলা]

-----

* We are second in cricket revenue. I don't know if its true but I think we are definitely richer than NZ, SL, WI.

Go Kamal

http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=details&type=gold&data=Football&pub_no=912&cat_id=1&menu_id=18&news_type_id=1&index=4

Sounds like an angry response. Since he thinks that BCB holds a higher ground on the issue, he should have been more organized and threats directed to May should have been more challenging and legal in nature. 'Eibar maaf kore dilam' type er comments are very childish from BCB president. When a battle is on, you don't take anything off the table.

lamisa
June 13, 2012, 09:49 AM
we are the 2nd richest? :S

HereWeGo
June 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
ফিকা আইনি ব্যবস্থা নেবে কী? আমি নিতে পারি। তবে এবার মাফ করে দিলাম।

hahahahaha... who says that...
I remeber I used to say such rubbish when i was in class 1 or 2
Reminds me of Me when i was a 9-10 year old kid... :floor:

dash
June 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
ফিকা আইনি ব্যবস্থা নেবে কী? আমি নিতে পারি। তবে এবার মাফ করে দিলাম।

hahahahaha... who says that...
I remeber I used to say such rubbish when i was in class 1 or 2
Reminds me of Me when i was a 9-10 year old kid... :floor:

eibarer moto chaira dilaam......magar tore ei elakai jate tanki marte na dekhi :waiting:

LateCut
June 13, 2012, 12:58 PM
Loitta is very inarticulate. He should have just pointed out the BCCI and BCB are the only two boards that were able to stage commercially succesful tournaments. SL is trying very hard and could not get it going yet. Furthermore, BPL was conceived and materialized in a record time. There are bound to be some hiccups. BCB will sort it out before the next BPL. FICA members should be advised to play in the Stanford League if it doesn't recognize a gold mine when it finds one. Only problem is that Allen is in jail now and, as such, may be played in jailyard. Most importantly, they should realize that inidan subcontinent is the keeping international cricket afloat. TM has just found soft target to bash on and I will not rule out an imperial bias here.

nsd3
June 27, 2012, 06:22 AM
I thought I wud wait and see if RM signs the contract to take over Academy Operations before saying thanks to Mr Lotus in this thread. Any news - if RM has finally accpeted the offer and terms etc.?

F6_Turbo
July 3, 2012, 02:04 AM
I already thanked him in another thread...but there can never be too much gratitude.

Thank you sir!

Sohel
July 3, 2012, 03:45 AM
I fear the Enchanting and Popular Baudna is the missing portkey smuggled out of Hogwarts by Zionist Dementors and their Indian minions. Can someone please call Harry?

Mav
July 6, 2012, 02:09 PM
You thanking Lotus Kamal? I am sure it's not only his solo decision, because he doesnt have a vision for our cricket. He is as corrupted as imaginable, a culprit in Bangladesh stock markets' crashes where he looted millions and only loves his status, just wanna be vice president/president of ICC.

cricket_pagol
July 6, 2012, 02:45 PM
Finally Lotus kamal does something logical and sensible... he needs to be good at his job consistently, before he can be applauded.

F6_Turbo
July 8, 2012, 02:30 AM
You thanking Lotus Kamal? I am sure it's not only his solo decision, because he doesnt have a vision for our cricket. He is as corrupted as imaginable, a culprit in Bangladesh stock markets' crashes where he looted millions and only loves his status, just wanna be vice president/president of ICC.

He is incompetent...but not corrupt. The man is loaded beyond words...and as for the stock market 'crash' - Good.

Imbeciles looking to make a quick buck, without knowing the 1st thing about a business need to learn a harsh lesson or two.

Insider trading :applause:
Lotus Sir :notworthy:

M.H.Rubel
July 8, 2012, 04:27 AM

Exactly he is a corrupt political bigot.Discarding Tamim from the squard shows how much vision he have in cricket.That discard just put pressure on Tamim.
Anyway after Tamim event he got some hammering from Hasina.Probably this is compelling him to do something good by following other advisors of the board.

kalpurush
July 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Now, I can thank Mr Kamal and BCB officially for appointing Richard McInnes as National Cricket Academy Head Coach.

Also, appointing Mushtaq as spin coach (short term) is also a good decision IMHO.

Congrats BCB :up:

BANFAN
July 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
Can also Abuse him for earning bad name and destroying BPL by not paying and making false commitments... .. Kissing and kicking can go side by side...:)

Hiring coach, is it even the presidents job?? Someone down the chain must have been bleeding through A$$ convincing him.. He is not worth thanking for anything that goes right by chance or due to others...overall, his job rating is :down:...

kalpurush
July 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
Every credit goes to the fans :up:

playmaker
July 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
Every credit goes to the fans :up:

Will you not forget to thank him for almost killing the golden goose? BPL itself?

If BPL is stopped, then it will great loss for our cricket.

F6_Turbo
July 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
Will you not forget to thank him for almost killing the golden goose? BPL itself?

If BPL is stopped, then it will great loss for our cricket.

He and the BCB will take their share of the blame, because ultimately they were/are the guarantors...but lets not kid ourselves, the primary blame lies with the owners of the franchises.

Why do they get a free pass in this? Oh that's right...we like our scapegoats in this country.

Navo
July 11, 2012, 09:38 PM
Can also Abuse him for earning bad name and destroying BPL by not paying and making false commitments... .. Kissing and kicking can go side by side...:)

Hiring coach, is it even the presidents job?? Someone down the chain must have been bleeding through A$$ convincing him.. He is not worth thanking for anything that goes right by chance or due to others...overall, his job rating is :down:...

I think that's a bit unfair. Just as we shouldn't credit him solely for appointing good coaches, we shouldn't place the blame for non-payment of players solely on his shoulders either. Inadvertently or not, there have been several notable moments under his administration. The hosting of a World Cup with a fantastic opening ceremony, a (successful) Asia Cup, the appointment of some great coaches, opening of new stadia, etc not to mention some of the on-field successes. Was all of this due to Kamal's brilliance? No. Were there no failures? Of course there were. Our domestic leagues still remain poor in quality and the sport hasn't been decentralised, there aren't enough academies and we've had serious issues with coaches as well. But just as we wouldn't give all of the credit to him for the former achievements, we shouldn't deride him for all the latter failures.

zinatf
July 11, 2012, 10:09 PM
No thanks! BPL's joke at world cricket now thanks to BCB! According to Banglanews 24, some franchise are trying to sell off their shares. Why didn't BCB speak to the franchise before starting BPL making them understand about the consequences?

If this league is stopped. It will be a huge loss to Bangladesh Cricket

Source: http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=68e83a098ab85c9ae13d07b6774f5 a3b&nttl=20120711085558125810

KaaL-PurusH
July 12, 2012, 05:04 AM
No thanks! BPL's joke at world cricket now thanks to BCB! According to Banglanews 24, some franchise are trying to sell off their shares. Why didn't BCB speak to the franchise before starting BPL making them understand about the consequences?

Source: http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsnews.php?nssl=68e83a098ab85c9ae13d07b6774f5 a3b&nttl=20120711085558125810

It doesn’t happen in BD this way

playmaker
July 12, 2012, 05:18 AM

+1

I blame the BCB and BPL governing body as well. Lets get real, BCB hope that there would be a lot of crowds all the 33 matches, and with tickets for two back-to-back matches costing 500 bucks a minimum. So according to what they expected, they would receive a lot of money.

However did they? seeing the poor turnaround they were forced to reduce the price and even still the crowd turn around was poor.

So what went wrong? BCB officials themselves possesing brains the size of snail. Seriously, how do you expect the Dhaka public to come happily to ALL 25 matches when most of them were neutral matches? I myself found all this shocking, why BCB why? You really think that people dont have any work that they will come over to watch matches between teams that they have ZERO interest towards? It was plain and simple that home games would pulll a lot of crowd and rightfully so, same happened in CTG. Both CTG kings matches at CTG got full crowd but other days? No. of spectators was poor. If an 18 year old like me understand how can some of these of BCB officials who are old, and knows a lot about business sectors and stuffs failed to realize all this?

I wont be suprise if next BPL flops, or even doesnt even take place. Stupid cricket board ekta. Eishob Mcinnes, mushtaq ar jodhu modhuderke diye kaam hobe na. WE need more cricket matches, no matter the format...and if we lose BPL then the prospect of a bright future for youngsters would fade away.