PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the T20 world cup in Sri Lanka to support the tigers?

tanvir_nus
June 13, 2012, 08:11 AM
Hey guys, me and couple of my friends are going to see the world cup in Sri Lanka and we will be catching the Bangladesh VS New Zealand match in Pallekele on the 21st September. Just wondering if anyone is going to support the boys... I believe with our support we can make a difference in lifting the spirit and charging the boys. Let's all sit in one area and cheer madly for Bangladesh :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

BANFAN
June 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
50-50 - Still thinking...

tanvir_nus
June 13, 2012, 09:35 AM

Hope you make it :D.. and oh haven't been to Sri Lanka so excited about the prospect of travelling through it as well. Can't wait to see the tigers in action :D:D

lamisa
June 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
i am going unless my faculty members feel a sudden urge to schedule our mid terms then!

tanvir_nus
June 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
i am going unless my faculty members feel a sudden urge to schedule our mid terms then!

hey Lamisa, where will you guys be seating? Let's all sit in one place and cheer

tanvir_nus
June 14, 2012, 10:17 PM
Hi guys, if anyone is going to watch the match (bd vs new zealand) please let me know. We will be seating in the A12 area in the Pallekale Stadium. This will be a good opportunity to get to know you guys as well and hopefully celebrate Bangladesh storming into the Super Eights. If you want to buy the tickets you can visit

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/iccwt20srilanka2012/

and each person can buy 6 tickets maximum and its really cheap (US 1$), tickets are actually getting sold fast. Would love to see the game with fellow Bengalis. So see you then :)

simon
June 15, 2012, 12:04 PM
loss project.
match of three hours and supporting a team which is poor in this form so likely to lose big time.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

lamisa
June 15, 2012, 01:46 PM
i have no idea about where i may sit. :/

BANFAN
June 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
Hi guys, if anyone is going to watch the match (bd vs new zealand) please let me know. We will be seating in the A12 area in the Pallekale Stadium. This will be a good opportunity to get to know you guys as well and hopefully celebrate Bangladesh storming into the Super Eights. If you want to buy the tickets you can visit

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/iccwt20srilanka2012/

and each person can buy 6 tickets maximum and its really cheap (US 1$), tickets are actually getting sold fast. Would love to see the game with fellow Bengalis. So see you then :)

What's your seat number?

tanvir_nus
June 15, 2012, 09:37 PM
loss project.
match of three hours and supporting a team which is poor in this form so likely to lose big time.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Banfan, seat numbers are from 240 and row 1. Are you going as well?

simon, I really think we stand a good chance, the recent game does not actually suggest the kind of team bangladesh is but we do stand a good chance against the New Zealanders on the 21st September match. The team is going through some kind of transformation, give it a month and it will start performing. I am quite optimistic :)

oronnya
June 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
Banfan, seat numbers are from 240 and row 1. Are you going as well?

simon, I really think we stand a good chance, the recent game does not actually suggest the kind of team bangladesh is but we do stand a good chance against the New Zealanders on the 21st September match. The team is going through some kind of transformation, give it a month and it will start performing. I am quite optimistic :)

nah BD team niye beshi optimistic na howai bhalo.. koshto bare.. kono expectation na niye khela dekhte boshbo erpore ja hobe tai e bonus... tobe haa mone mone doa to choltei thakbe bhalor jonno...

tanvir_nus
August 30, 2012, 10:38 PM
Hey guys, time to bump this thread again.

Couple of friends going to Sri Lanka for the world cup, will there be anyone going from BC there? Will love to meet you and talk about Cricket.

jeesh
August 31, 2012, 12:01 AM
I am based in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Anyone need any help with anything let me know.

al Furqaan
August 31, 2012, 12:15 AM
Jeesh bhai, are you a NRB or a Sri Lankan admirer of BD cricket? Sorry if the answer is obvious.

Out_You_Go
August 31, 2012, 12:52 AM

Hey Banfan,

There are chances i might go as well, not completely sure though.

On a side note, i stay in UAE as well. Which emirate are you from? May be we could plan a trip to SL if we are going. Welcomed to PM me .

jeesh
August 31, 2012, 01:33 AM
Jeesh bhai, are you a NRB or a Sri Lankan admirer of BD cricket? Sorry if the answer is obvious.
Hehe. I have been living here since 2007 onwards. Married to a Sri Lankan. But madly in love with Bangladeshi cricket :-D

Crisis
August 31, 2012, 05:19 PM
Flight and hotel costs will be too much for me I am afraid :(

Oh, and theres visa cost as well!

jeesh
September 1, 2012, 02:08 AM
If i am not mistaken Mihin Airlines flight will cost around LKR 30,000 return. Minimal visa fee, around 10 dollars. Food and accomodation is a little on the higher side-compared to BD. But not difficult to find a guest house for 25-30 USD a night, bed and breakfast.

tanvir_nus
September 9, 2012, 11:53 PM
One week to go guys :D

Rabz
September 10, 2012, 12:04 AM
There is a very slight outside chance that I might need to go to Colombo sometimes soon.
Hope I can confirm something soon and if that happens, definitely would love to catch a game or two.
But not sure if I can catch any Bangladesh match.

Zeeshan
September 10, 2012, 01:13 AM
I sincerely hope it's not too late for us to opt out of the tournament. :( :( :(

tanvir_nus
September 10, 2012, 02:11 AM
I sincerely hope it's not too late for us to opt out of the tournament. :( :( :(

Why do you say that? bhai apni jinx koiren na plz :P
We are going to rename the Newzealanders team to POM GANA team.. :D