PDA

View Full Version : "Bangladesh - Shakib = A Minnow" - True or False?

Roni_uk
June 17, 2012, 09:17 AM
True ..

What a difference one man makes! 2 practice matches, 1 real match without him showed no sign of death bowling, no push in the batting in the middle/last few overs. Why are we so dependent on one man! Good luck to Bangladesh for the next few matches but I can see we will be the weakest link in the tournament.

:facepalm:

playmaker
June 17, 2012, 09:19 AM
We are definitely minnows, at least without shakib, what the hell was Ash doing?

id say we drop mushy because if a captain performs so poorly then it brings some negative energy in the team

simon
June 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
o come on,why are we so impatient?
We lost the 1st match in Asia cup,what happened after?
The Tri series of BD-Sri-Zim we beat Sri and went to the finals.
Let's be logical & patient.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Bonglababu
June 17, 2012, 09:20 AM
abar jigay

Tigers_eye
June 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
We are back to playing with 9 players. The "once chosen one" (by many pundits) not only is a non-performer but takes the team down. Zunaid, Jaharul needs to open. Wasting balls is not an option in ura-dhura tamasha cricket.

betaar
June 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
One man does not change our status. Even with Shakib we are a minnow, especially in T20.

playmaker
June 17, 2012, 09:22 AM
o come on,why are we so impatient?
We lost the 1st match in Asia cup,what happened after?
The Tri series of BD-Sri-Zim we beat Sri and went to the finals.
Let's be logical & patient.

Impatient? the only thing logical at this point of time is that Zimbabwe are better than us, they beat us in 3 T20s in a row. The beat us in tests, they beat us in ODIs, they are def. better than us

And to think about winning against SA? I aint that delusional.

MohammedC
June 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
One man does not change our status. Even with Shakib we are a minnow, especially in T20.

100% khati kotha

Equinox
June 17, 2012, 09:24 AM
Lol our T20 record is horrendous even with Shakib. These matches are there to rectify that in time for the WT20. But anyways, I guess this isn't the time for sane voices.

playmaker
June 17, 2012, 09:28 AM
dont know why but what was tamim and ash doing there? It was 155 not 125 :facepalm:

Night_wolf
June 17, 2012, 09:33 AM
when was Bangladesh+Shakib= Not minnows??

simon
June 17, 2012, 09:33 AM
Impatient? the only thing logical at this point of time is that Zimbabwe are better than us, they beat us in 3 T20s in a row. The beat us in tests, they beat us in ODIs, they are def. better than us

I agree that Zim r better than us in T20S & in their conditions.
In BD they will have hard time.
But overall if we compare with the last series & this one then Zim definitely looks better side than us.

Jadukor
June 17, 2012, 09:40 AM

when are you taking your next exam break bhai?

zinatf
June 17, 2012, 09:42 AM

:lol::floor: thak! Shobari to bolar odhikar ase

Equinox
June 17, 2012, 09:43 AM
:lol: :up:

MohammedC
June 17, 2012, 09:44 AM

:lol::floor: thak! Shobari to bolar odhikar ase

The way Bangladesh is playing he will have an exam break soon :floor:

Night_wolf
June 17, 2012, 09:45 AM

:floor::floor::floor::floor:

playmaker
June 17, 2012, 09:46 AM
ei teamer jonno je koto dua-durod porsi, ar tara jodi ebhabe dim pare ami ki korbo :smh:

MohammedC
June 17, 2012, 09:50 AM
When playmaker bhai takes his next exam can he take SMS2 bhai with him

Roni_uk
June 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
ei teamer jonno je koto dua-durod porsi, ar tara jodi ebhabe dim pare ami ki korbo :smh:

Ei team je dim guli parbe... Oi guli shidhdho kore, torkari baniye bhat aar dal diye khaben.

simon
June 17, 2012, 09:54 AM
:floor: :notworthy: Magician bhai
The way Bangladesh is playing he will have an exam break soon :floor:
:lol:

How about a trip to Malaysia.

Zunaid
June 17, 2012, 09:55 AM
Gettogether er mood noshto korlo

Miraz
June 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
Win or loss against Zimbabwe has no bearing to our minnow status. We thrashed Zimbabwe in all formats between 2005 to 2007, we didn't become giants of the game for that.

There aren't a lot of differences between us. I admire Zim's fighting quality when they play us, they simply hate to lose!

Habib
June 17, 2012, 11:00 AM
Win or loss against Zimbabwe has no bearing to our minnow status. We thrashed Zimbabwe in all formats between 2005 to 2007, we didn't become giants of the game for that.

There aren't a lot of differences between us. I admire Zim's fighting quality when they play us, they simply hate to lose!

They only hate to lose against us as it should be.

Ajfar
June 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

lol jadukor bhai :floor::floor:

max410
June 17, 2012, 12:19 PM
The MIDDLE order is the reason why BD failed its no that Zimbabwe played exceptional cricket

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
June 17, 2012, 02:04 PM
With Shakib we are better minow, without him, its worse.

oronnya
June 17, 2012, 02:27 PM
With or without Shakib, BD is still a minnow team !! Find some genuine wicket taking bowlers and game changing batsmen only then we can discuss about it !!!

lamisa
June 17, 2012, 02:35 PM
kokhon t20 te pro chhilam amra? but in other formats, it is true that without shakib, we are not even competitive

al Furqaan
June 17, 2012, 03:26 PM
well shakib counts as 2 players...he's the best batsman and the best bowler on the team. of course that is a hard hit to overcome.

btw, last time i heard, all of these games were practice matches.

zsayeed
June 17, 2012, 03:58 PM
Shakb thaikao shobar nichey test and odi tey, aar na thaikao. So what's the question here? Minnow no matter what. aar t20 to baadiy dilam.

Farhad
June 17, 2012, 04:36 PM
I think we're past the minnow tag, with or without Shakib. All this match proved to me was that Zim is more used to playing Twenty20 matches than us. This was one of those games that was lost due to bad pacing, not bad cricket per se. That"ll come with more game practice.

Perfect sort of warm up. A few positives and a lot to take away from a pacing perspective....

Tigers_eye
June 17, 2012, 05:10 PM
Gettogether er mood noshto korlo
Bhor char'tai abar kiser get together? Tahajjud'er namaj? Dua kajey lagey nai?

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 08:46 AM
Yup, we are still minnows, our bowling, fielding, batting has been total crap.

I think our players should stop staying how we SHOULD TRY OUR BEST to maintain Asia Cup form, and START TRYING their best to maintain Asia Cup form. From what Ive seen, zimbabwe are a more organized team than us.

Their bowlin at the depth was brilliant, and our bowlers simply cant hit the blockhole even once in the last 5 overs...so pathetic

tiger_army
June 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
pathetic bowling nd fielding.....r batting to sei one day style e ...lack of powerhiter

Naimul_Hd
June 19, 2012, 08:57 AM
One thing for sure, without Shakib, our players are mentally down.

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 09:04 AM
One thing for sure, without Shakib, our players are mentally down.

thats how we all feel. But if that is the case then this shows severe mental weakness. Yup, sakib brings a lot into the team.

But one thing for sure, shakibs absence has truely brought up the real image of our cricket. We now now that we have a team that really is tough to bring together. Sakib used to go to the bowler and give him some words of wisdom and now without sakib there is no-one to ask advice from. There is a saying, money doesnt really changes a man, it brings out the strong personality inside the person which is in most cases GREED. In this case, shakib's absence shows how helpless our players are without him

tiger_army
June 19, 2012, 09:40 AM
160 in reply of 210... not bad without having tamim, shakib...i think u should take positives from here..doesnt matter if we can make finals or not our target should be t20 wc.... looks like bowling and fielding is a big concern...our strike bowler mash and razzak not doing well....cant rely on newcomers like abul... next match we should try nazmul...ash should be given more chance.....

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
I still dont get why people dislike lalla so much. He is a very good support bowler and today he tried to bowl well but when you have a batsman of Amla's class and Levi gone wild it would be freakish to come out with a good figure. In the last match he gave only 20 runs from his quota

Its mash's bowling im dissappointed with. He needs to bowl the ball with good pac

BANFAN
June 20, 2012, 12:53 AM
Even Shak+BD = Minnow..... Only difference is that, we are little more competitive if Shak performs. Your best player must make this much difference. Even Shak is present, still other four/five bowlers have to bowl, other 10 have to field and bat.... He can't do it for them. However big you try to make him, still Shak alone can't win all matches for you...other guys need to perform...

fiasnahk
June 20, 2012, 01:06 AM
160 in reply of 210... not bad without having tamim, shakib...i think u should take positives from here..doesnt matter if we can make finals or not our target should be t20 wc.... looks like bowling and fielding is a big concern...our strike bowler mash and razzak not doing well....cant rely on newcomers like abul... next match we should try nazmul...ash should be given more chance.....

I dont this is a postitive anymore, infact it was predictable that they were going to put a decent total. They always do this when things look impossible. Where was this the game before?

BengaliPagol
June 20, 2012, 01:09 AM
I still dont get why people dislike lalla so much. He is a very good support bowler and today he tried to bowl well but when you have a batsman of Amla's class and Levi gone wild it would be freakish to come out with a good figure. In the last match he gave only 20 runs from his quota

Its mash's bowling im dissappointed with. He needs to bowl the ball with good pac

So suddenly a change of heart for Mahmudullah?

limon
June 20, 2012, 01:42 AM
Shakib is the 40% strength of BD cricket, Tamim is 10%. Without Shakib + Tamim, Bangladesh worse than Kenya.

shakibrulz
June 20, 2012, 01:52 AM
I'm glad that Shak didn't play this series. Other players seriously need to toughen up and win without Shakib. Although considering that their fielding was awful, and there's no Shakib and Tamim in the second match, they did alright IMO. If Shak was in, it would be a whole different story.

max410
June 20, 2012, 02:19 AM
ZImbabwe has cricket history and pedigree we dont they have coaches who has international cricket experience when Zimbabwe was a good team In those days .. we havetn improved at all out Improvement is alwasy very slow due to the fact that we dotn have a large pool of good players and Our players are not prepared properly for international cricket before they join the team...
look at all the players from BKPS are doign well beacuase of good and proper coaching they are developed properly like shakib mushfiq naser etc.. we Just need proper cricket academies for proper coaching otherwise we wont develop good players at all

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 02:47 AM
So suddenly a change of heart for Mahmudullah?

:facepalm:

lalla <> lullah

lalla= rex

lullah = riad

Abid_Khan
June 20, 2012, 05:09 AM
ZImbabwe has cricket history and pedigree we dont they have coaches who has international cricket experience when Zimbabwe was a good team In those days .. we havetn improved at all out Improvement is alwasy very slow due to the fact that we dotn have a large pool of good players and Our players are not prepared properly for international cricket before they join the team...
look at all the players from BKPS are doign well beacuase of good and proper coaching they are developed properly like shakib mushfiq naser etc.. we Just need proper cricket academies for proper coaching otherwise we wont develop good players at all

Yes and Zimbabwe also had a massive gap without playing much international cricket. That's probably more important than past history.

BANFAN
June 20, 2012, 05:14 AM
Yes and Zimbabwe also had a massive gap without playing much international cricket. That's probably more important than past history.

That's not so important than the past. You can have any amount of gap but if you have a background you will pick it fast.

WarWolf
June 20, 2012, 06:30 AM
The major difference between Shakib and other players are in taking responsibilities. Shakib likes to take the responsibilities while most other players don't. I think it's more a mental issue than technical.

On the other hand, we don't have Rubel and Shafiul in this series which made our pace attack much weaker. We are playing a new pacer while forcing some experienced good one like Nazmul to sit on the bench.

Our boys are not good in T20 format by default.

And finally we are having a new coach who has to try to understand the team chemistry rather than doing something proactively. What more can we expect in such situation?

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2012, 06:42 AM
Ami jokhon boli Shakib is BD cricket now... thokhon Ash fan'der gaye agun jolay. shojjho hoi na. hai rey dunia, shotto kokhono chapa thakey na.

Shob gulu'r pisoney beth'er bari dewa uchit. ei performance diya IPL kheltey chao? basic thik nai. khali tolwar chalao.

World Champs
June 20, 2012, 08:17 AM
Even with Shakib, Bangladesh is a minnow. They are still to reach a level of Zim( of 90's and early 2000). But importantly Bd is a young team with not many players over 28-29. If they can continue to play with a certain pool of players and core of the team being same, Bdesh in 3-4 years time won't be labeled as minnows.

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 08:39 AM
I really think that the only way to stop this problem is by our players working hard. It seems that there really isnt an effort to become a better player

AsifTheManRahman
June 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
Ami jokhon boli Shakib is BD cricket now... thokhon Ash fan'der gaye agun jolay. shojjho hoi na. hai rey dunia, shotto kokhono chapa thakey na.

Shob gulu'r pisoney beth'er bari dewa uchit. ei performance diya IPL kheltey chao? basic thik nai. khali tolwar chalao.
Zimbabwe jawar aagey bole gese trophy niya firbey. Arey trophy ki tomar moger mulluk naki je gola diya Sharapovar moto hunkar chaarlei haatey aisha porbe? Eishob sissy polapain bole trophy jitbe, faizlamir ekta shima ase.

al Furqaan
June 20, 2012, 10:07 AM
Bangladesh are worse than minnows in T20 cricket. Netherlands has beaten England. ZIM has beaten SA by a hadny margin too. We lost to Ireland and WI B squads. We've only beaten WI twice in a format where on a good day anyone can beat a big team.

Check Shakib's record, even in T20 he's a modest cricketer.

Thats why, no matter what anyone says...I really don't care about this format. Bangladesh winning the cup won't change that either.

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
Bangladesh are worse than minnows in T20 cricket. Netherlands has beaten England. ZIM has beaten SA by a hadny margin too. We lost to Ireland and WI B squads. We've only beaten WI twice in a format where on a good day anyone can beat a big team.

Check Shakib's record, even in T20 he's a modest cricketer.

Thats why, no matter what anyone says...I really don't care about this format. Bangladesh winning the cup won't change that either.

We are minnows everywhere, even in tests do we have ANYTHING to be proud of? Even if we look at ODIs this is the number of wins we had against Top sides:

Oz -1
SA - 1
NZ- 5
India - 3
SL - 3
Pakistan - 1
WI - 4/5
England- 2

So about 17 wins against teams that have been among the top 8 in the last 13 years. We may be marginally better in ODIs, but we arent that too good either, we couldnt win the series against WI B team when they toured us, we lost the zimbabwe tour, our performances in WC wasnt so good, we where beaten handsomely by Australia and Pakistan despite Home advantage.

That Asia Cup performance was meant to make people think twice before calling us minnows, but if we start failing after a good series I dont think we can ever do justice to ourselves. And so people look at this wins as "days when BD had a good day and the opponent had a bad day, nothing more". So we need to start winning matches no matter whatever the format.

Winning has no alternative

al Furqaan
June 20, 2012, 05:22 PM
We are minnows everywhere, even in tests do we have ANYTHING to be proud of? Even if we look at ODIs this is the number of wins we had against Top sides:

Oz -1
SA - 1
NZ- 5
India - 3
SL - 3
Pakistan - 1
WI - 4/5
England- 2

So about 17 wins against teams that have been among the top 8 in the last 13 years. We may be marginally better in ODIs, but we arent that too good either, we couldnt win the series against WI B team when they toured us, we lost the zimbabwe tour, our performances in WC wasnt so good, we where beaten handsomely by Australia and Pakistan despite Home advantage.

That Asia Cup performance was meant to make people think twice before calling us minnows, but if we start failing after a good series I dont think we can ever do justice to ourselves. And so people look at this wins as "days when BD had a good day and the opponent had a bad day, nothing more". So we need to start winning matches no matter whatever the format.

Winning has no alternative

1) http://www.banglacricket.com/html/features/article.php?item=567

2) 17 wins in 13 years, but how many wins in the last 3 years? By my count 10 at least.

3) WI B squad didn't tour us, that was pretty much their top side minus Gayle and Sarwan. That side won two games in India, no small feat.

4) What people say out of spite - refer to point #1 above - isn't necessarily Gospel truth...especially when its pulled out of their buttcrack.

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
1) http://www.banglacricket.com/html/features/article.php?item=567

2) 17 wins in 13 years, but how many wins in the last 3 years? By my count 10 at least.

3) WI B squad didn't tour us, that was pretty much their top side minus Gayle and Sarwan. That side won two games in India, no small feat.

4) What people say out of spite - refer to point #1 above - isn't necessarily Gospel truth...especially when its pulled out of their buttcrack.

Fair enough, your arguement is valid. We have improved well enough.

However, it still does not do us any justice if we keep on losing. We once again had the chance tu upset Aus at our homesoil, we failed. We cudnt win a series against Zimbos, we cudnt win WI in our own soil. And Pakistan came and simply raped us.

However, i feel that 10 wins from 3 years still show that we are still ordinary, I want 10 wins against good teams on average per year, and that doesnt include teams like Ireland, netherlands..... Then only shall we relieved of the word "Minnows"

World Champs
June 21, 2012, 12:34 AM
Bangladesh have good set of players which can make it a good team in 3-4 years particularly in sub continental conditions. There is lot of potential and promising players but it is necessary that players keeps growing. Mohd. Ashraful started brilliantly and could have been the Sachin Tendulkar of Bdesh but sudenly lost his way. Had he grown as a player, IMO Bdesh would have been a lot stronger.
Even now a good reliable opener with Tamim and one wicket taking bowlers can take Bd a level above Minnows.

MohammedC
June 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
(Bangladesh - Shakib -Tamim) = 1 Bonus point :hairpull::head: (nadim style emoticon)

playmaker
June 22, 2012, 10:08 AM
:smh:

If only some of our batsman didnt flop, we cudve done better

LateCut
June 22, 2012, 10:16 AM
If( ! homeground) {
minnow > Bangladesh + Shakib ;
}else{
minnow == Bangladesh + Shakib;
}

zsayeed