PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on qualifying for the Final, Zimbabwe!

al Furqaan
June 19, 2012, 08:46 AM
With only Ashraful trying to win for a couple overs, and us losing by 120+ against SA, our NRR will be non-existant so even if we beat Zimbabwe in the re-match, we won't be anywhere close to the final. Sooo...

well done, ZIMBABWE!!!

Night_wolf
June 19, 2012, 08:47 AM
who cares about garbage series anyway

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
:clap: :clap:

And where are those who was bashing me when I said that we are as poor as the afghans in T20s. Well, you guys are right and im wrong, epic phail for me. We are worse than them.

Ive watched their batsman and bowlers and ive seen that their bowlers know how to hit the blockhole and their batsman know how to hit the ball out of the park. This is very depressing, so much for BPL did this, BPL did that

Sohel
June 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
We no longer know our way to Zimbabwe on Route T20! Wait, we never did.

WTG brothers ... :applause:

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 08:51 AM

So intl cricket is garbage? Unofficial or not, our players should learn how to play good at any level, at whatever scenarios with watever theyve got. Thats why we are still minnows at world cricket and teams like SA are such class.

Night_wolf
June 19, 2012, 08:53 AM
So intl cricket is garbage? Unofficial or not, our players should learn how to play good at any level, at whatever scenarios with watever theyve got. Thats why we are still minnows at world cricket and teams like SA are such class.

dont jump on your gun..my sarcasm response was towards the thread opener..he understands the reason

Naimul_Hd
June 19, 2012, 08:54 AM
Congrats Zim and thanks for having us.

al Furqaan
June 19, 2012, 08:59 AM

true...I really don't mind these performances as long as our ODI and Test curves continue upward...even the international community won't care and we can still be regarded as an "elite" team. I just hope ODIs remain more extant than T20s.

Rabz
June 19, 2012, 09:12 AM
Dont lose hope.
We will beat both the teams in the second round.
Plus how do you know that Zimbs won't suffer even a worse defeat ??

al Furqaan
June 19, 2012, 09:15 AM
Dont lose hope.
We will beat both the teams in the second round.
Plus how do you know that Zimbs won't suffer even a worse defeat ??

worse than 120, no. But looks like we'll lose by 60 or less runs today, so entirely possible as we just have to beat ZIM by 12 runs and could possibly make the final.

tanvir_nus
June 19, 2012, 09:17 AM
not a single positive thing to take from the match

al Furqaan
June 19, 2012, 09:17 AM
Zia 444444444444444

and wide now

al Furqaan
June 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
Zia looking more comfy agianst pace

Sohel
June 19, 2012, 09:25 AM
Wrong thread Asaad?

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 09:27 AM
I myself didnt understand with all the hype about Raju. He doesnt look so special to me. And why play him when you have nazmul who was so brilliant in the Asia Cup?

And once again, Mushy showed why some people criticize his captaincy. He shudve asked the bowler to keep on hittin the blockhole rather than going short. And in the Asia Cup the way he used Shahadat, even a more-one wud be able to understand that was a very questionnable decsion. Overalll he is a good captain but its this 1 or 2 brainfarts that really makes everything messed up

cricheart
June 19, 2012, 09:28 AM
[বাংলা]
এইডা হইলো হারারে [/বাংলা] ask :shakibserious: who knows best

Night_wolf
June 19, 2012, 09:28 AM
true...I really don't mind these performances as long as our ODI and Test curves continue upward...even the international community won't care and we can still be regarded as an "elite" team. I just hope ODIs remain more extant than T20s.

i am sad to see a senior member like you saying this. T20 is a form of cricket and its here to stay, just because we suck in this doesn't mean its garbage. if we were a team like aus who won 4 WCs and remained Number 1 test team for a decade then we could have not cared about t20..

Rabz
June 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
Not too bad in the end, ey ??

al Furqaan
June 19, 2012, 09:39 AM
Not too bad in the end, ey ??

not at all...in a just-edging-ZIM-out way...sadly top order played terrible just as lower played terrible last game. neither can deal with pressure in a tight situation in this format at least.

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 09:40 AM
i am sad to see a senior member like you saying this. T20 is a form of cricket and its here to stay, just because we suck in this doesn't mean its garbage. if we were a team like aus who won 4 WCs and remained Number 1 test team for a decade then we could have not cared about t20..

Well infact, we shud reaally be as worried about this kind of poor performances in T20s rather than Test. Its because nowadays T20 is an important format, and you would def. want the boys to perform well at this version because this opens up oppurtunity to play in BBL, FLT20, IPL and so on.

Heres the scenario, our players are ordinary at T20, they arent asked to play anywhere in the world which means they are not getting money, they arent getting practice and also not playing in different conditions around the world as a result thus teams like aus and pakistan are ahead of us.

Naimul_Hd
June 19, 2012, 09:43 AM
where was this fighting spirit against Zim in the first match ?

ahnaf
June 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
Thread Phail.. Copyright: simon bhai :p
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al Furqaan
June 19, 2012, 09:49 AM

I'm old fashioned. Trust me, I am faaaar more pro-T20 now than I used to be...heck I woke up early just to watch us bat in an unofficial series.

That being said, I hold Tests and ODIs to be more important as well as more classical forms of the game, and so far the ICC also sees things that way. 10 years from now they might not, but so far doesn't look like it. It also remains to be seen if all these premier leagues saturate the markets desire for T20 cricket. After nonstop IPL, BPL, QPL, XPL leagues maybe fans will want to see red balls and white shirts. I certainly hope so.

Look at it this way, do yo consider VVS Laxman to be a crap player since he can't even make his country's T20 A team? But he's one of the best batsman of his generation.

Some of our players are classical players like Anamul who I think will struggle in T20 cricket and maybe even in ODI cricket too. But I think he can shine in Tests and I wish we played more than just 4 matches a year.

shakibrulz
June 19, 2012, 09:50 AM
Well the margin isn't that huge, and I expect SA to rectify their fielding errors. Lets see.

Naimul_Hd
June 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
I really hope this thread will jinx the chances of Zims reaching final :)

simon
June 19, 2012, 10:12 AM
lol Ahnaf :p

phaltu thread :-P

frd
June 19, 2012, 10:17 AM
wastage of bandwidth . but who knows this thread might prove a kufa for zimbos :D

playmaker
June 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
Nah, Zimbos gonna qualify. And without question weve got 2 win the next match

mij
June 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
Win can still play final, we need to beat zim big margin

Jadukor
June 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
i thought we had enough lessons to prevent us from opening threads half way into the match

Zeeshan
June 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
premature...

Night_wolf
June 19, 2012, 10:14 PM
^i like your sig, but why 300??...why not 720?

Sohel
June 19, 2012, 10:47 PM
The situation changed minutes within Asaad opening this thread. So this is anything but Kufa for us. I think this is reverse-jinxing at its best and would like to thank the brother for the initiative.

@Asaad: I see you've picked up a lot more than just medical knowledge from the Caribbean. Is there a unique name for online Voodoo where you stayed?

Zeeshan
June 19, 2012, 11:43 PM
^i like your sig, but why 300??...why not 720?

Because I am a realist.

BANFAN
June 20, 2012, 12:37 AM
Tournament isn't over yet...

Sohel
June 20, 2012, 12:39 AM
Because I am a realist.

Beautifully played Zee, Amlaesque.

Night_wolf
June 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
Because I am a realist.

lol..well played

max410
June 20, 2012, 02:21 AM
Zimbabwe is improved team they have players who are doing well now..Bd hardly improves and waits for others ti improve first then we follow .. we dont have a good domestic cricket setup.. like those other test nations as long as you don't fix it nothing will happen

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 02:25 AM
BPL did us shyte. The only 1s who benefitted are mushy and shak...Others, not really

al Furqaan
June 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
well, now its time to bump this thread, I say.

al Furqaan
June 20, 2012, 10:10 AM
The situation changed minutes within Asaad opening this thread. So this is anything but Kufa for us. I think this is reverse-jinxing at its best and would like to thank the brother for the initiative.

@Asaad: I see you've picked up a lot more than just medical knowledge from the Caribbean. Is there a unique name for online Voodoo where you stayed?

SMH...the reverse jinx itself got reversed. But Cricket is a funny game, who knows what happens next.

hoodlum
June 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
Some of our players are classical players like Anamul who I think will struggle in T20 cricket and maybe even in ODI cricket too. But I think he can shine in Tests and I wish we played more than just 4 matches a year.

Weakness against fast bowling wont help him much in Test cricket unless he improves on it.

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
I always knew that Zimbos where gonna qualify no matte what. It looked from their passion towards each and every match that they wanted to win. Everytime they took a wicket their celebration was over the top showing that how much it all means to them :up: I wish our players had the same attitude about this series.

so what if its an Unofficial series? People are still following it as an intl cricket tournament with intl team and intl players. I really hope our boys pump themselves up and try to thrash Zimbabwe tomorrow. If we come back winless, this tour will be an epic PHAIL for us. And in both 2011-12, we have only the Asia Cup to boast about but otherwise it has been sorry and minnow-like performances from us.

Naimul_Hd
June 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
SMH...the reverse jinx itself got reversed. But Cricket is a funny game, who knows what happens next.

You shouldn't have opened this thread :smh:

RazabQ
June 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
Asaad any suggestions for Lotto tickets?

Kohli_Sox
June 20, 2012, 10:48 AM
The title of this thread should be Congrats South Africa for reaching final

zinatf
June 21, 2012, 09:52 AM
Should have won with bonus point today :-|

So any chance for us going to the finals?

al Furqaan
June 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
Weakness against fast bowling wont help him much in Test cricket unless he improves on it.

Who said he's weak? You can't judge anything based off of 2 games of T20 cricket.

KaaL-PurusH
June 21, 2012, 10:53 AM
Who said he's weak? You can't judge anything based off of 2 games of T20 cricket.

but would u agree that he looks nervous and probably not ready yet to play international. but obviously he is talented since Law pointed that out and i believe too that he will shine for BD

playmaker
June 21, 2012, 11:02 AM
Give the youngsters some time, people should remember that MSD AFAIK started off his intl career with small scores

Sohel
June 21, 2012, 11:10 AM

And reversed again bro. Do not underestimate your own prowess the way Riyad usually does.

playmaker
June 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
:umm:

what if SA loses both their matches, that means they are out of the tournament.

kalpurush
June 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
The title of this thread should be Congrats South Africa for reaching final
Not really, instead, it should be:

Congrats Tigers for reaching in the final.

al Furqaan
June 22, 2012, 01:03 AM
And reversed again bro. Do not underestimate your own prowess the way Riyad usually does.

Riyad and Chhokka Naeem have no problems putting away straight deliveries, esp those on a length. Give some width and struggle heavily. But you only need a single boundary per over to take the RR to 8-10 an over.

al Furqaan
June 22, 2012, 01:10 AM
but would u agree that he looks nervous and probably not ready yet to play international. but obviously he is talented since Law pointed that out and i believe too that he will shine for BD

Maybe not...but his consistency at every level below indicates he's as ready as anyone else we have. Play the boy and give him an extended run to get his feet wet.

playmaker
June 22, 2012, 01:35 AM
Its quite normal to be a bit nervous at this stage. Give him some more time and he can do wonders for BD team.

Some players simply burst into the intl cricket scene,while others take time to develop: Shakib, dilshan, ajmal