PDA

View Full Version : next best allrounder in bangladesh ?

jamal451230
June 20, 2012, 04:01 AM
Guys let me just say this , the way riad batted today he is looks completly world class batsman no dout , he looks like suitable for all format , but what about his bowling ? Did anyone mention , He was the most economical also , the first when he came to bangladesh team he wasnt really a good offspin bowler but now days he is really becoming a good effective bowler , so with bowling and batting looks lyk he our next old sakib , and dont get surprised if he gets a call from any county team or in next ipl hopefully insallah ,bcz he deserve a chance , also he has the talent fitness height all the cricketrs need , riad definitely deserve batting higher upp the order , i wont be surprised if riad and sakib both are in icc top ten allrounder list .

Rifat
June 20, 2012, 04:11 AM
bro :) I appreciate your support for Riyad but I will wait, and obviously I have always supported Riyad but let's see.

To compare him with shakib or even close:

Shakib has many 5 wicket hauls in tests, Shakib has many centuries in many conditions, Riyad needs to prove more!

Don't Forget Nasir Hossain too...

The point is, I want to see more from Riyad, and so does everyone else before being compared to Shakib or anyone else. same goes for Nasir Hossain(although it is still early in his career)

Gowza
June 20, 2012, 04:20 AM
riyad is solid but as said he needs to prove more, more runs and wickets in more conditions, again as said shakib has more centuries and more 5 wicket hauls. nasir these days is becoming less of an allrounder imo, he has potential to be really good imo but at the same time he hasn't always done well with the ball....naeem use to be up there, i really thought he was going to turn out a solid allrounder but he's fallen away. otherwise we have the young guys shabbir and mahmudul hasan. shuvo was a prospect but struggled when given the chance.

atm though yes riyad probably is the 2nd best spin allrounder BD has after shakib.

BANFAN
June 20, 2012, 04:28 AM
Riyad is not in that radar, while looking for next best all rounder at all. This guy is a coward ... He is never performing under pressure....

Sohel
June 20, 2012, 04:34 AM
MODS: perhaps it won't be too bad an idea to merge this thread with THE MAHMUDULLAH RIYAD THREAD (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=36435), thereby extending its life? Seems like we're talking about MoMaRi as the "next one" rather than having a general discussion of WHO is the second coming of ShaAlHas.

Habib
June 20, 2012, 04:37 AM
Nasir Hossain if he improves his batting and massively improves his bowling.

Sohel
June 20, 2012, 04:39 AM
Nasir Hossain if he improves his batting and massively improves his bowling.

He needs to be used as bowler first by our captain.

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 04:46 AM
The next best allrounder is jamaler bhai kamal, loitta kamal. The guy whom even shakib bows down to

Habib
June 20, 2012, 04:47 AM
He needs to be used as bowler first by our captain.

May be he isn't used as a bowler because our captain doesn't rate his bowling much? That's why he needs to improve and become our Hafeez.

Antora
June 20, 2012, 05:39 AM
Riyad? Second best allrounder? :-|
Okay, I admit he can bat well sometimes...but from what I've seen, it's rare when we most need it. This is perhaps because he's batting where he shouldn't be.

If you ask me, I would say Nasir Hossain will be the "second best". However in saying that, I haven't seen him bowl much, and there is a lot more work needed on his batting. But becoming the best doesn't happen over night. Nasir, just seems like the player who has the capability to get close to shakib.

Naimul_Hd
June 20, 2012, 05:40 AM
Riyad is very much capable of being next best all rounder but all depends on him. He is not naturally gifted player like Shakib and Tamim. Therefore, he has to practice more and concentrate on his game. No doubt that he has to be mentally tough and aggressive in his approach, not necessarily he should start sledging. I have a feeling that he lacks self belief and confidence. Always wants to stay behind the scene. But if he wants to compete with Shakib, Tamim, Mushy then he has to come out of his shy or introvert attitude and show some guts and determination that he is not any less of a quality all rounder.

Nasir hossain has established himself as a good all rounder but i feel he is not focused enough. His off spin can be very useful along with his batting.

Another good all rounder in line to me is Ziaur Rahman. I knew about his power hitting but i was very impressed the way he bowled against SA in the last match. Both Riyad and Ziaur Rahman can be very handy for Bangladesh only if these two can play sensibly and dont take things granted.

So, my bets are:

1. Riyad
2. Nasir
3. Zia

Night_wolf
June 20, 2012, 06:03 AM
Asif is coming

WarWolf
June 20, 2012, 06:36 AM
Riyad never produced some considerable match winning innings, at least I cannot remember. May be my bad memory!

Most of his good innings came when the team has already lost the game. This clearly shows his lack of capabilities in taking responsibilities.

I really hope he improves.

Tigers_eye
June 20, 2012, 06:46 AM
We need a Mathew or Perera. Not Shakib 2.0.

M.H.Rubel
June 20, 2012, 08:49 AM
Riyad never produced some considerable match winning innings, at least I cannot remember. May be my bad memory!

Most of his good innings came when the team has already lost the game. This clearly shows his lack of capabilities in taking responsibilities.

in longer formats Riyad is a good player.No doubt he is a good test batsman even his bowling s better in test format.But in short format he is not a good batsman.His main problem is he don't want to take the responsibility.I agree with you he need to improvr his batting in short format with responsibility to win some matches for us.
In case of bowling in short format he is a bellow per bowler if we compare him with other standard international bowlers.

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 09:11 AM
Asif is coming

Inshallah, i expect Asif to be a good top order batsman who can bowl some good off-spin. If he becomes a batsman who can bowl like hafeez I dont mind. Well ofcourse, hafeez isnt that great a batsman and he has a habit of getting out cheaply

mufi_02
June 20, 2012, 09:15 AM
I thought Farhad Reza was the answer. He bowls military medium pace and can be a handy batsmen in the lower order. He had few good performances for the A team. But so far, he has been disappointing the national team. The selectors chose him again and so I think he is in the radar. All he needs is few good performances.

BD Rox
June 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
I really like Ryad, but considering him to the next best all rounder is just insane. Yesterday was his day. Luck favoured him in terms of bowling. Literally, he sucks as a bowler. Most of the time its short. But the good point is he is only bowler who sometimes turn the ball.
So far till now, I put my money on Ziaur.

zinatf
June 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
No one as of yet :exclamation:

TigerEz
June 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
me!!!! but, i think the next great allrounder is gonna be shakib's son.

MSM B2C
June 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
None! All are sissy in overseas condition!

AsifTheManRahman
June 20, 2012, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately, Riyad is probably the next best at this moment. Goes to show that good all rounders are a rare breed, more so in Bangladesh.

Maysun
June 20, 2012, 12:49 PM
We need a Mathew or Perera. Not Shakib 2.0.

I second that or maybe let's take it a notch higher, Watson E-)

TigerEz
June 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
im a fast bowling opening batsmen...but cant get a chance to show off

mali007
June 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
With one match performance you can't judge a player , need consistency . Unfortunately Riyad doesn't has that !

BD Rox
June 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
im a fast bowling opening batsmen...but cant get a chance to show off

You are funny man. Gone crazy?

Hasan2k8
June 20, 2012, 01:26 PM
Hopefully Ziaur Rahman will be a good ODI and t20 allrounder for Bangladesh.

playmaker
June 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
Hopefully Ziaur Rahman will be a good ODI and t20 allrounder for Bangladesh.

A bangladeshi Pollard :up:
I wont mind that because we desperately need a batsman who can hit the ball hard and STRAIGHT down the ground. And besides that slogging ability, pollard is also a cunning bowler and a brilliant fielder.

Zeeshan
June 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Feza thakte to eto hoi choi er karo dekhi na....

I'd say "No sir, it's Na'sir"...

rinathq
June 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
Before making an international debut, we have many who "can" become the 2nd best
Shabbir, Asif, Farhad Hossain and even the new and improved Shuvagata. There are couple more but point is, they are prospects until they enter the international arena.After they enter, they fade away. Riyad would have faded away if it wasnt for his expertise in the longer format. Nasir would have been gone if he didnt play some great knocks against Zimbabwe and Pakistan. Right now we also have Zia and Reza. Zia looks like he can cement a spot in the T20 squad at most. I dont see him anywhere near the ODI line up. Heck even in T20, he has lot more work to do. And Reza, well He would have been the perfect solution but lacks on skills, consistency and many other areas.
So for now, Its Riyad for Test and ODI, and for T20, Its still him but I think if Mash stays away from injury and works on his batting skills, he can develop into a T20 allrounder until someone new arrives.

Now many argue that Riyad is not a match winner and therefore cannot be the 2nd best. But I think he is not the match winner because of the management and coaching staff. Maybe he is not a match winner but an innings builder? One thing is for sure, Riyad cannot hit from the word Go. At least not most of the time. So I think he should be promoted up the order and played at 1 down. if he can bowl economical and consistently score a stable 30s to 40s thats good enough to be a second best in Bangladesh.

TigerEz
June 20, 2012, 04:31 PM
You are funny man. Gone crazy?

what you trynna say?>

M.H.Rubel
June 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
So ot of people here are very interested about Ziaur Rahman.
His cricinfo profile:
Ziaur Rahman, a right-arm fast-medium bowler and lower-order batsman, plays for Khulna Division on the domestic front and has represented Bangladesh Under-19s, the Bangladesh Cricket Board President's XI and the BCB Academy since making his first-class debut in 2004-05. His best bowling performances have been 5 for 82 against Dhaka Division and 5 for 24 in a limited-overs match against Sylhet Division. Ziaur recently earned a call-up to Bangladesh's squad for the Twenty20 World Championship in September.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56167.html

M.H.Rubel
June 20, 2012, 08:46 PM
If i consider pace bowling allrounders those who are in the race
1.ziaur Rahman http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56167.html
2.Farhad Reza http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55894.html
3.Alauddin Babu http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/410768.html
4.Summya Sarkar http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-domestic-2011/content/player/436677.html
5.Saikat Ali http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/314743.html
Regarding pace allrounder we had a thread previously.If some one interested you can go through this.http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=30835&highlight=medium+pace+allrounder

Gowza
June 20, 2012, 09:19 PM
Babu in the running in the future but as at this moment then it probably is riyad

Kohli_Sox
June 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
The more Zia performs the more better for us. As pointed out by playmaker, he can be like one of those West Indian big hitters and ability to bowl medium pace with accuracy. A good prospect. Just needs to measure his hitting and please no blindfold hitting. He needs to have clear role in the team i.e. choose perfect delivery to clear the boundary as much as he can. In the process, he might get out but we have to accept it and it's world wide known that a hitter can't be expected to deliver every match unless you are Chris Gayle. So without much expectation resting on his shoulder, he'll be the one to watch out for. Have to be patience with him.

Max100
June 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Why ash doesn't bowl. He gets plenty wicket when he is captain. He could be a good all rounder middle order batsman

jamal451230
June 20, 2012, 10:13 PM
The main problem is team mgt changing his batting order too many times , so he just not sure whrere he is batting , thats a big distraction of mindset , he will be best at number 4 without a dout

jamal451230
June 20, 2012, 10:32 PM

Win agianst WI in WI , wc win aginst england and aisa cup win aginst srilanka these matches if their was no riad no win for bd simple is that , and their is countless match where riad saves bangladesh from ambrassing score ,

Navo
June 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
I think stats-wise, Riyad is currently the 2nd best all-rounder in the BD side, particularly in Tests and maybe in ODIs. After all he does have both a Test century and a Test 5 wicket haul, which no other player barring Shakib has at the moment. On the other hand, it's a bit embarrassing that in 68 ODI innings he has only 6 fifties and has scored his 1427 runs at a poor SR of 69.84. To give the statistics even more context, he has batted 50 times at no. 7 and scored at the marginally higher SR of 73.56. Obviously that is unacceptable but I think it is more indicative of his inappropriateness for that position than his inability as a batsman overall.

Now, who will convince him to bat higher up the order is another matter...

Maysun
June 21, 2012, 02:29 AM
Before making an international debut, we have many who "can" become the 2nd best
Shabbir, Asif, Farhad Hossain and even the new and improved Shuvagata. There are couple more but point is, they are prospects until they enter the international arena.After they enter, they fade away. Riyad would have faded away if it wasnt for his expertise in the longer format. Nasir would have been gone if he didnt play some great knocks against Zimbabwe and Pakistan. Right now we also have Zia and Reza. Zia looks like he can cement a spot in the T20 squad at most. I dont see him anywhere near the ODI line up. Heck even in T20, he has lot more work to do. And Reza, well He would have been the perfect solution but lacks on skills, consistency and many other areas.
So for now, Its Riyad for Test and ODI, and for T20, Its still him but I think if Mash stays away from injury and works on his batting skills, he can develop into a T20 allrounder until someone new arrives.

Now many argue that Riyad is not a match winner and therefore cannot be the 2nd best. But I think he is not the match winner because of the management and coaching staff. Maybe he is not a match winner but an innings builder? One thing is for sure, Riyad cannot hit from the word Go. At least not most of the time. So I think he should be promoted up the order and played at 1 down. if he can bowl economical and consistently score a stable 30s to 40s thats good enough to be a second best in Bangladesh.

I think you contradicted yourself a bit there. As you said, Riyad cannot hit from the word go, why promote him to no.3? The batsman playing one down should have the ability to capitalize on the powerplay and fielding restrictions. We haven't found our proper and a effective no.3 as of yet, but I certainly don't mind seeing Riyad play his anchor role at no.4.

TimAus
June 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
Once again Mahmudullah shows his skill in finishing off a game. Came in with the team faltering in a chase but settled everything down and they won easily. Him and Nasir are become a formidable force in the lower middle order.

rinathq
June 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
I think you contradicted yourself a bit there. As you said, Riyad cannot hit from the word go, why promote him to no.3? The batsman playing one down should have the ability to capitalize on the powerplay and fielding restrictions. We haven't found our proper and a effective no.3 as of yet, but I certainly don't mind seeing Riyad play his anchor role at no.4.

Because in powerplay you need to be a clean hitter which Riyad is. no.3 usually doesnt need to go right away unless chasing a massive total. The role of no.3 in Bangladesh side is to stop a top order collapse actually which Riyad can do well there

jamal451230
June 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
Now he proves one more time why he is one of the best batsman in bd team . Also he shows his power on his wrist lol ' he can easily hit six lyk pollard gayle ' and without a dout he is our second sakib ' although I rated him better batsman than sakib ' may Allah give him more talent '

TimAus
June 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
Because in powerplay you need to be a clean hitter which Riyad is. no.3 usually doesnt need to go right away unless chasing a massive total. The role of no.3 in Bangladesh side is to stop a top order collapse actually which Riyad can do well there

I don't like him at 3, I think he is most natural finishing off a game. He is cool in the pressure situations and has the range of shots to find boundaries and gaps when necessary. Number 6 is the perfect spot as long as he is bowling plenty of overs which he always should.

playmaker
June 21, 2012, 09:24 AM
Now he proves one more time why he is one of the best batsman in bd team . Also he shows his power on his wrist lol ' he can easily hit six lyk pollard gayle ' and without a dout he is our second sakib ' although I rated him better batsman than sakib ' may Allah give him more talent '

wow man, he can hit a six but like Gayle and pollard? You must be living in a different world.

Listen, many people have the power to ht like gayle, but how many of them can hit AS REGULARLY as him? There is a big difference

BANFAN
June 22, 2012, 03:47 PM
WOW, MUllah is playing like never before... Well, he can compete for the next all rounder ..:)

jisaan
June 24, 2012, 03:08 AM
nasir.... despite all those few nd rare bowling opportunities
within the next few months i see him bowling more often than what he does nowadays
AMong d current national players NO ONE TURNS THE BALL AS MUCH AS HE DOES!

jamal451230
June 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
nasir.... despite all those few nd rare bowling opportunities
within the next few months i see him bowling more often than what he does nowadays
AMong d current national players NO ONE TURNS THE BALL AS MUCH AS HE DOES!

thats where is our cricket problem when u compare who played only 2 series giving him the better rate than actually who playing more than 5 years in bd team , man nasir just started still he has long way to go , and i bet if he bowls against any good right handers batsman he will definitely get punished for sure , but mahmudullah riad is proven player also he proves he is decent offspin bowler , even he had 5 wicket hall in test cricket , i even dout if nasir will ever gonna get 5 wicket haul in test cricket ,and if u compare nasir and riad batting than is riad is far far better than nasir , bcz riad averaging 2 highest odi and test average for bd on more than 80 matches .

Gowza
June 24, 2012, 07:28 AM
it's not like riyad has a great record with the ball....he's a solid bowler sometimes but he isn't always effective, has potential though, as does nasir, naeem as well tbh and mahmudul is one to watch, for leggys it's nur and shabbir and for pacers babu seems to be a really good prospect.

playmaker
June 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
Apart from Sunny, none of our bowlers are real turners of the ball.

Now back to topic, the 2nd best all-rounder could be someone like shabbir or mominul perhaps? Nur Hossain doesnt have a good record so I dont back him to do well in the intl arena

Nadim
June 24, 2012, 09:17 AM
If u talking about a bowling AR(whose primary job is with the ball but can bat) or batting AR(whose primary job is with the bat first), then we have bunch of them;Nur, Shabbir,S.sharkar,Zia,Milon,Saikat,Mominul,Asif,Fa rhad,Reza, and loads more. But when it comes to genuin AR like Shakib, there is only 2 guy in the country who have the potential to be the genuin AR;Mahmudul Hassan or Alauddin Babu.

Mahmudul hassan is a very gd offie who have couple of variation in his arm including doosra. A very gd bat too but I personally think his batting may not be suitable for the shorter format as he takes a bit of time to get settle like Riyad.

A. Babu: aggesive bat. Useful 7/8 bTsman and within 2/3 yrs, he can be our third seamer.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Max100
June 24, 2012, 09:19 AM
Ash is my dancing all rounder.

Gowza
June 24, 2012, 11:07 AM
Apart from Sunny, none of our bowlers are real turners of the ball.

Now back to topic, the 2nd best all-rounder could be someone like shabbir or mominul perhaps? Nur Hossain doesnt have a good record so I dont back him to do well in the intl arena

mominul bowls? shabbir was a good allrounder in u19s but since then it seems his focus is batting. as far as nur goes, everyone talks about him as the best leg spin prospect but he's not often grouped as an allrounder however he's done ok recently with the bat, but leg spinners generally develop a bit later than other types of bowlers so even though nur doesn't have a good record now don't count him out for later done the track.

Gowza
June 24, 2012, 11:15 AM
If u talking about a bowling AR(whose primary job is with the ball but can bat) or batting AR(whose primary job is with the bat first), then we have bunch of them;Nur, Shabbir,S.sharkar,Zia,Milon,Saikat,Mominul,Asif,Fa rhad,Reza, and loads more. But when it comes to genuin AR like Shakib, there is only 2 guy in the country who have the potential to be the genuin AR;Mahmudul Hassan or Alauddin Babu.

Mahmudul hassan is a very gd offie who have couple of variation in his arm including doosra. A very gd bat too but I personally think his batting may not be suitable for the shorter format as he takes a bit of time to get settle like Riyad.

A. Babu: aggesive bat. Useful 7/8 bTsman and within 2/3 yrs, he can be our third seamer.

good post, most allrounders are either a bowlking allrounder or batting allrounder which are actually better suited to the shorter formats and not so much the longer format (unless they are exceptional at one of the suits). i think naeem has the potential to be a solid allrounder especially for the shorter formats, thing with him is his bowling is suited to the shorter formats but his batting is suited to the longer formats, he needs to find his right balance for the different formats.

mahmudual hasan and alauddin babu are 2 great prospects, but atm babu gets a lot more talk than mahmudul. but mahmudul seems more genuine than babu in the sense that he could be a middle order bat and frontline bowler, babu is more of a lower order bat in the mold of klusner, russell, albie morkel etc and frontline bowler. both could be very useful for the national team down the line.

M.H.Rubel
June 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Well apparently it looks Riyadh is our 2nd best allrounder.But his bowling is so poor its tough to call him as allrounder.If he is called as allrounder then lot of allrounder prevail in other countries.
He need to improve his bowling and batting to be called allrounder .

M.H.Rubel
June 24, 2012, 11:20 AM

Agreed with you Nadim.It was a nice post.