PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Soumya Sarkar for scoring 209!

Sohel
June 23, 2012, 12:42 AM
:100: + :100: and still counting! (Final stats to be posted later :fanflag:)

Shoummo Shaurkar 209 SR 154.81, 27/:four:s and 8/:six:s

Zeeshan
June 23, 2012, 12:44 AM
Yeessss!!!

Navo
June 23, 2012, 12:47 AM
Woohoo!!!

Zeeshan
June 23, 2012, 12:50 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/inline/content/image/443687.html?alt=1

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/436677.html

Rabz
June 23, 2012, 12:52 AM
Congrats Soumyo 209.

shakibrulz
June 23, 2012, 01:01 AM
Wow! My eyes nearly popped out. Awesome signs, good job Shoummo!

Kohli_Sox
June 23, 2012, 01:21 AM
Outstanding performance

Zeeshan
June 23, 2012, 01:28 AM
My gut is it may not count for List A. At any rate, highest score of List A ODI is 268

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/74/74841.html

Here's list of List A doubles and 150+

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Records/ListA/Overall/Highest_Player_Scores.html

Navo
June 23, 2012, 01:40 AM
That 268 was part of an absolutely crazy match. Glamorgan almost chased it down! If Soumya was there till the end, he might have run AD Brown close.

crikss
June 23, 2012, 01:45 AM
good job

Nocturnal
June 23, 2012, 01:55 AM
Congrats SS :)

Look what is happening after his 200!! lol :D

http://i.imgur.com/uCWUP.jpg

RazabQ
June 23, 2012, 01:55 AM
Let's keep an eye on this one. Fatty McFatty better watch out :)

Ian Pont
June 23, 2012, 02:21 AM
against QATAR? You can only score against who is put up against you I guess and this is a great effort. Any 200 is a wonder effort to keep focused for that long.

But Qatar? Perspective guys before some of you say here's a star and should be in the Test side

Naimul_Hd
June 23, 2012, 02:25 AM
Wow...200 runs even in Para cricket is awesome.

fuadomar
June 23, 2012, 02:25 AM
Ali Brown of England hits 2 double centuries including a 268 which is the highest List A score.

Navo
June 23, 2012, 02:38 AM
against QATAR? You can only score against who is put up against you I guess and this is a great effort. Any 200 is a wonder effort to keep focused for that long.

But Qatar? Perspective guys before some of you say here's a star and should be in the Test side

That's very true, it's his focus and fitness that is most impressive. However, it's not as if other sides will not face the same team or that some of the highest Youth individual scores haven't been made against minnows.

roman
June 23, 2012, 03:42 AM
200 is 200. It takes lot of fitness and concentration. It should make him.hungry for something better. Well done. But I wouldn't think that next Tendulkar has arrived.

nakedzero
June 23, 2012, 03:46 AM
Congrats boys, really well done. Very happy to see these new players.

ahnaf
June 23, 2012, 03:52 AM
What an innings! Congrates boy! Keep improving as a batsman..:)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

playmaker
June 23, 2012, 03:58 AM
So what if its a double hundres against and ordinary side? Infact, below ordinary. But it takes some doing to even score that much run. You need some stamina and concentration also.

A 200 against Qatar is like a 100 against a much better team

zinatf
June 23, 2012, 04:04 AM
Shabaash! Baagher Bachcha :D

VICTORIA :fire:

MohammedC
June 23, 2012, 04:11 AM
Congrats Soumya Sarkar

Nadim
June 23, 2012, 04:52 AM
Awesome innings!!!:bravo:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

BANFAN
June 23, 2012, 05:09 AM
Congrats, but we shouldn't try to make him look like the next super star of world cricket. He will go through the the same difficulties that Anamul is going through, to adjust to the highest level, if he gets an opportunity. I say that because:

3/4 Th of his runs came in boundaries... So he had max ( +/-) 85 scoring shots for his 209... Out of about 135 balls. So he played about 50 dot balls i.e. 40% roughly. This is against Qatari Attack.

Usual story of BD products...strugling to rotate strikes. Had it been against any proper attack, he would struggle to find those lose balls to put away to reach to a double hundred. Well you may consider it as a hundred against a reasonably good opponent. but definitely very good prospect for BD.

I've not used 100% accurate data, since I don't have the score card. But just worked out approx figs from the stats quoted in OP. Number of Dot balls will increase considerably.

Sohel
June 23, 2012, 05:36 AM
This thread is congratulating a young Bangladeshi player for creating a new world record, nothing more. As far as his WR innings is concerned, he faced 135 deliveries and scored 156 from 4s and 6s, MOST of them after reaching his 100. That leaves 53 singles and 47 dots.

Following the CI live update, we were under the distinct impression that he'd either play a defensive shot or take a single after a boundary. Also, Ratul was playing a sheet anchor role and kept on giving Shoummo the strike to score more aggressively.

That's a new role for him because with Victoria, his partner Tamim Iqbal is the designated aggressor while he plays a sheet anchor with the ability to put the bad ball away. He rotates the strike with ease on both sides of the wicket and plays high percentage drives, glances and cuts ALONG the ground when looking for the ropes. He has an acute awareness of the match situation much like Nasir, and applies different modes of playing to suit different formats. That being said, T20 may not be his strongest suit yet.

I've watched him play over the past 2 years or so and always felt him to a sensible young cricketer with unusual temperament and ability. I also felt that someone like him needed to go on to put up bigger scores than he had. I think pretty much everyone who has seen him play had that feeling. His team management at BKSP, NCL and DPL certainly did and had him open despite not doing what many of us felt him capable of doing sooner rather than later.

He finally scores big and a BIG score it is! Maybe everything we've seen in him came together in this match, albeit against a suspect opposition his teammates (other than Ratul) couldn't handle at all. I hope this gives him the confidence to deliver more big scores consistently no matter where he plays.

He is VERY young. Having seen him, I don't believe he's a day older than 17 although he looks even younger. I think he's one of those provincial BKSP kids who actually add a couple of years to their real age to play at a higher level. I think he's at least 2-3 years away from being "ready" for the national team even if fast-tracked as fast as possible. Then again, I believe that Bijauy is ready NOW but T20 or not, he has yet to perform for the national team.

BANFAN
June 23, 2012, 05:55 AM
Great...thanks Sohel NR for sharing the details. So he scored in 6s, 4s and 1s... No 2/3 runs. Thanks for that. So the dot calc doesn't increase. If he is that young then we might have to wait even longer, unless he shakes up the domestic circuits vigorously... Hope he gets in at the right time and in the right format.

Best of luck.

simon
June 23, 2012, 06:00 AM
WONDERFUL STUFF my son Soumya, a bright prospect for BD.:applause::flag:

Qatar ke qaiit koira charsey :D

now forget Anamul,Mominul ,let's over hype him :p

KaaL-PurusH
June 23, 2012, 06:30 AM
Well done boi..just stay focus

KaaL-PurusH
June 23, 2012, 06:31 AM

na na..Qatar ke ashol katare namaise :lol:

i_1_primeval_man
June 23, 2012, 06:32 AM
Obhinondon Soumya/Shommo. I hope and pray that he goes on to become a solid aggressive batsman who could play for Bangladesh 10/15 years.
Today's game should present such a dilemma for the match referee to pick a MoM. I mean whose performance is better - a 9/10 or a 209? I would've given the award to both of them.

i_1_primeval_man
June 23, 2012, 06:34 AM

At the rate you are going, it won't take you long to be a contender for the 'Jatir Pita' title;). The present government will not like it at all.

Zeeshan
June 23, 2012, 06:35 AM
Obhinondon Soumya/Shommo. I hope and pray that he goes on to become a solid aggressive batsman who could play for Bangladesh 10/15 years.
Today's game should present such a dilemma for the match referee to pick a MoM. I mean whose performance is better - a 9/10 or a 209? I would've given the award to both of them.

And exactly that's what was given. Joint MoM. :)

riankhan
June 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
This thread is congratulating a young Bangladeshi player for creating a new world record, nothing more. As far as his WR innings is concerned, he faced 135 deliveries and scored 156 from 4s and 6s, MOST of them after reaching his 100. That leaves 53 singles and 47 dots.

Following the CI live update, we were under the distinct impression that he'd either play a defensive shot or take a single after a boundary. Also, Ratul was playing a sheet anchor role and kept on giving Shoummo the strike to score more aggressively.

That's a new role for him because with Victoria, his partner Tamim Iqbal is the designated aggressor while he plays a sheet anchor with the ability to put the bad ball away. He rotates the strike with ease on both sides of the wicket and plays high percentage drives, glances and cuts ALONG the ground when looking for the ropes. He has an acute awareness of the match situation much like Nasir, and applies different modes of playing to suit different formats. That being said, T20 may not be his strongest suit yet.

I've watched him play over the past 2 years or so and always felt him to a sensible young cricketer with unusual temperament and ability. I also felt that someone like him needed to go on to put up bigger scores than he had. I think pretty much everyone who has seen him play had that feeling. His team management at BKSP, NCL and DPL certainly did and had him open despite not doing what many of us felt him capable of doing sooner rather than later.

He finally scores big and a BIG score it is! Maybe everything we've seen in him came together in this match, albeit against a suspect opposition his teammates (other than Ratul) couldn't handle at all. I hope this gives him the confidence to deliver more big scores consistently no matter where he plays.

He is VERY young. Having seen him, I don't believe he's a day older than 17 although he looks even younger. I think he's one of those provincial BKSP kids who actually add a couple of years to their real age to play at a higher level. I think he's at least 2-3 years away from being "ready" for the national team even if fast-tracked as fast as possible. Then again, I believe that Bijauy is ready NOW but T20 or not, he has yet to perform for the national team.

Oh, excellent observation. This is why I come to BC, this is why I love BC.

Roni_uk
June 23, 2012, 06:43 AM
Oh wow. Brilliant. Can we have him for the T20 final :P?

Antora
June 23, 2012, 07:04 AM
I can't stop laughing looking at the score card! hahaha!

Well done Shommo Sharkar :D

i_1_primeval_man
June 23, 2012, 07:35 AM
And exactly that's what was given. Joint MoM. :)

Good to know:)

simon
June 23, 2012, 08:07 AM
At the rate you are going, it won't take you long to be a contender for the 'Jatir Pita' title;). The present government will not like it at all.

haha,well said man
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

deshimon
June 23, 2012, 08:58 AM
Congrats! you are the future star in BD cricket.

Hasan2k8
June 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Well done hope he continues doing the good work and keeps trainer hard on his game.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2012, 10:10 PM
June 23rd er por ei thread'a ar kono comment nai. Bapar ta ki?

Naimul_Hd
June 26, 2012, 10:21 PM

Because we know how to control our emotion and not go OTT ! :)

Night_wolf
June 26, 2012, 10:24 PM
thread title is misleading, since this wasn't an official record

Mods can you plz change the title of this thread and the abu haider thread?

Jadukor
June 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
thread title is misleading, since this wasn't an official record

Mods can you plz change the title of this thread and the abu haider thread?

Yeah... I propose new thread title
Congratulations Soumia Sarkar... too bad you finished the quota of runs for the rest of the batting order

BANFAN
June 28, 2012, 05:42 AM

Because people got scared of backing a prospective SN....:) need to give him more time to prove his worth...